• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There's an actual update guys! 8.10

https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/fbaa2e35/index.html?

◯ Stage
・ The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.

・ You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.

◯ Online
・ The online user experience has been adjusted.

・ The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.

・ Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.

Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.

◯ General
・ Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
After Geno get's in, I'm going to take a half year vacation from Smashboards and speculation in general. I'm tired of playing the waiting game speculating during these long *** droughts. My patience has run dry and once Geno get's in, I'm not going to invest as much time on Smashboards as we are near the end game and Geno I feel will be one of if not the last big characters I will be remotely happy to see get in before this game is all wrapped up. I will drop by the Goemon, Shantae, Krystal, and other threads now and then, but for the most part my speculating days are pretty much over in Ultimate at least after doll boi get's in.
I'm honestly bailing from speculation if Geno gets in. I'm just so tired of it all, you know?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

◯ Stage
・ The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.

・ You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.

◯ Online

・ Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.

◯ General
WTF?!?!? This update is so random! :eek: Some shenanigans are afoot.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Now THIS is intriguing. The stage select and random stage selection screens look like this now.

EenqNq6UMAI8aPm.jpg

EenqNqqVoAEEd6L.jpg

Start your engies, it's theorycrafting time.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Wow I missed a lot while I was gone lol. Before I turn on Smash to try the new stage out, lemme just say this was quite the surprise. I didn't expect us to get a random stage out of the blue like that, and I love how this opens the door wide open for other bonus stages as well!

I'm hoping some of the bonus stages will be returning stages that didn't make it in to Ultimate. I am mostly hoping for Poke Floats, Rainbow Road and PAC-MAZE.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if bonus stages out of the blue could happen, then bonus characters could happen. :grin:

Hopefully Yoshi's Woolly World returns as well as Pac-Maze and Rainbow Road.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ah yes, may the inclusion of Meta Crystal (Super Smash Bros. vs. Metal Mario stage) become reality. In HD.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
AN UPDATE, that was unexpected. (I am curious if they changed the Springman Logo). Also why did we need a new stage? An also, what could be? PokeFloats?, PacMaze? Rainbow road? NO. It's just Battlefield Mini

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Now we have an update that adds a new stage... so uh, Nintendo, you mind pulling the trigger on Fighter 7 already?

D

Deleted member

Small Battlefield is now the best stage in Smash history. There's no contest.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

◯ Stage

◯ Online

◯ General
We seriously got a random stage update? SMALL Battlefield? I’m not complaining though, if we get more updates like this, I hope we can get some of the cut stages back.
Nintendo still hasn't tweeted anything yet. Hoping for a surprise announcement for my birthday today!
Happy Birthday man! :starman::starman::starman:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, being able to play any song on the Battlefields and Final Destination is such a simple but amazing choice that I'm glad they did.

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
So does this update's timing potentially say anything about the next major update? Personally, I'm definitely not expecting FP7 before September anyway, but I hope this doesn't mean that it's "at least 2 months away" or whatever.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So does this update's timing potentially say anything about the next major update? Personally, I'm definitely not expecting FP7 before September anyway, but I hope this doesn't mean that it's "at least 2 months away" or whatever.
I think we'll get the next fighter in September as well. We'll definitely get a announcement this month if that is the case.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Ah yes, may the inclusion of Meta Crystal (Super Smash Bros. vs. Metal Mario stage) become reality. In HD.
Oh yes I completely forgot that one! I have always wanted an actual way to play Meta Crystal without playing through 1P Game or using it by modding. Actually having a playable Meta Crystal stage in HD would be incredible.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Competitive Smash players must be losing it right now. A middle ground between Battlefield AND Final Destination? Sure, it's another version of Battlefield but still, it could be included in tournaments. It'll be interesting to see what the TOs decide on.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm confident we will get the reveal at bare minimum for FP7. FP8 if the last bit of maintenance to the Smash Bros website is any indication

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Competitive Smash players must be losing it right now. A middle ground between Battlefield AND Final Destination? Sure, it's another version of Battlefield but still, it could be included in tournaments. It'll be interesting to see what the TOs decide on.
It's basically Pokemon Stadiums 1&2 (which are already tournament legal), but Battlefield sized.

I love it already.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's pretty exciting that we got a new stage out of nowhere but, uh, nobody panic but, uh... Ron Paul's back!

View attachment 281321
Basically a famous poster that coincidentally only posts when a Nintendo Direct is a week or less away from happening.
Does his posting mean we're specifically getting a general Direct, or just any kind of Direct including minis? Cause if it means the former...
I think the drought might be coming to an end! ... maybe... hopefully... please just end it already...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know it's unlikely, but what are the chances all the remaining missing stages from the past games will come back? I want them all to return just so we can say "Everywhere Is Here!"

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does his posting mean we're specifically getting a general Direct, or just any kind of Direct including minis? Cause if it means the former...
I think the drought might be coming to an end! ... maybe... hopefully... please just end it already...
Basically General Directs or at least Directs that cover a decent amount of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom