• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
While I'm still trying to find information about which March Direct might've indicated whether all services are down (going by random articles I've seen are implying either the 15th or the 22nd), a new scheduled maintenance period showed up View attachment 281275
Third week of a month is usually the time for Nintendo Direct.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, looks like I needed time to cool down. I must say though, though my posts rather had good intentions, I was a bit hasty to jump into the hype thing when Supirorguy brought it up. Can't say I blame him as I blame myself, actually, but I was unaware; through the whole arguing yesterday; how much people were not liking the whole thing, let alone how many people did not plan to or were not prone to getting angry if Geno was revealed. I guess I cared too much what others thought if anyone here were to get angry. Still, while I meant no harm, possibly unlike anyone else who might have meant harm if they were to say hype responsibly, and though I was not trying to control anyone, I might have been going through a different phase yesterday before the arguing, which may have been partly do to my talking to people not here, but on the Newcomer Discussion thread about Geno. I won't go into what I said, which was also about concern for Geno fans, but sometimes, even having concern like that can make you be negative about things, although some I argued with were unnecessarily rude, but that should be irrelevant, right?

What I am trying to say is, though I meant no harm, again, I apologize if I offended anyone here yesterday, directly or indirectly. Some of the things I might have said that were bad, I did not mean. I did turn out annoyed at some, so that didn't help. I am not sure if I offended everyone, as I did not argue with everyone, but I do hope you can forgive me for, at the base of it all, being hasty, and beyond that, adding to the unnecessary argument. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions and points of view, even if they are different from mine and if I don't agree. All opinions and points of views are valuable. With that said...

I'm back!
Glad to see you back bro!

Here's a Geno hat for you to put back on:
geno hat time.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just for the sake of conversation, suppose we really do get a shadowdropped Direct on Thursday. I feel like there's a couple of directions that it could go:

-Mario Direct. I want to say Nate Drake said it but I think he mentioned recently that Japan literally has a law that games have to be announced at least 30 days in advance so people have plenty of time to pre-order them if they want. Because of this, August 11th is the absolute latest Nintendo can announce something for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario (September 13th, a Sunday this year) if they intend it to be close to that date.

-First party dump. We already know Nintendo told third parties to basically hold off on sending them stuff until things were, well, less ****. This means first/second party stuff and maybe some third party if it involves first party content or Nintendo is publishing the games.

-Whatever the **** was going to be the E3 Presentation. Wild to think about but E3 was supposed to be on June 9th almost two months ago already and, coincidentally, Thursday is the closest they can get to this date because they don't do General Directs on Mondays or Fridays.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just for the sake of conversation, suppose we really do get a shadowdropped Direct on Thursday. I feel like there's a couple of directions that it could go:

-Mario Direct. I want to say Nate Drake said it but I think he mentioned recently that Japan literally has a law that games have to be announced at least 30 days in advance so people have plenty of time to pre-order them if they want. Because of this, August 11th is the absolute latest Nintendo can announce something for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario (September 13th, a Sunday this year) if they intend it to be close to that date.

-First party dump. We already know Nintendo told third parties to basically hold off on sending them stuff until things were, well, less ****. This means first/second party stuff and maybe some third party if it involves first party content or Nintendo is publishing the games.

-Whatever the **** was going to be the E3 Presentation. Wild to think about but E3 was supposed to be on June 9th almost two months ago already and, coincidentally, Thursday is the closest they can get to this date because they don't do General Directs on Mondays or Fridays.
If it turns out to be the Mario direct, a Mario character for a Smash reveal wouldn't be out of place. Any of the options presented seem ideal

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Wouldn't it be ... funny? said? something-something? ... that Nintendo had NO plans or anything to show for E3 and the E3 cancellation was a blessing for them? At this point, from the lack of transparency and silence, that could be a possibility. Unlikely I know, but boy are they acting like it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, to recap...
  • A new maintenance period has popped up for next week, implying that we might get something next week.
  • Said maintenance period also implies that said something will be DLC.
  • Besides Smash, the only game that has any upcoming DLC we know of is Pokemon Sword and Shield with the Crown Tundra DLC... and that's already slated for sometime in November.
  • Up to now, there's been plenty of signs that the next Smash DLC Fighter is coming very soon (missing fighter tab, website glitching out, maintenance, etc.)
  • (Please let me know if I missed anything.)
... granted, there's always, always the possibilities that we'll either get nothing as usual, or we'll instead get DLC for Animal Crossing or some other random game, but... maybe August 11th to 13th might be the end of the road for the Fighter 7 wait?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Nintendo still hasn't tweeted anything yet. Hoping for a surprise announcement for my birthday today!
Happy birthday, by the way!

Well, looks like I needed time to cool down. I must say though, though my posts rather had good intentions, I was a bit hasty to jump into the hype thing when Supirorguy brought it up. Can't say I blame him as I blame myself, actually, but I was unaware; through the whole arguing yesterday; how much people were not liking the whole thing, let alone how many people did not plan to or were not prone to getting angry if Geno was revealed. I guess I cared too much what others thought if anyone here were to get angry. Still, while I meant no harm, possibly unlike anyone else who might have meant harm if they were to say hype responsibly, and though I was not trying to control anyone, I might have been going through a different phase yesterday before the arguing, which may have been partly do to my talking to people not here, but on the Newcomer Discussion thread about Geno. I won't go into what I said, which was also about concern for Geno fans, but sometimes, even having concern like that can make you be negative about things, although some I argued with were unnecessarily rude, but that should be irrelevant, right?

What I am trying to say is, though I meant no harm, again, I apologize if I offended anyone here yesterday, directly or indirectly. Some of the things I might have said that were bad, I did not mean. I did turn out annoyed at some, so that didn't help. I am not sure if I offended everyone, as I did not argue with everyone, but I do hope you can forgive me for, at the base of it all, being hasty, and beyond that, adding to the unnecessary argument. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions and points of view, even if they are different from mine and if I don't agree. All opinions and points of views are valuable. With that said...

I'm back!
EeYGOJPWsAA_UxO.jpeg

Some things to keep in mind:

-Zell said several people correctly guessed it but that doesn't mean their entire guess was accurate. For example, if I predict that there's a cow and a chicken (in your mom's lunchbox) behind a curtain and there's only a cow, technically I guessed it right. It's partially correct and that's all that matters

-Zell said it would annoy YouTube channels and "**** sites", which heavily implies a shadowdrop. Why? Become speculation videos and articles are view and click monsters and require minimal effort to make. No or little notice means people can't feast on that delicious ad and view revenue before the presentation
>Nintendo is floomping up their Direct schedules in order to piss of the likes of BlockedContent
HOLY BASED
View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267View attachment 281268View attachment 281269View attachment 281270View attachment 281271View attachment 281272

_NINTENDO.ART_ DID IT AGAIN. ALL CREDITS FOR THE CREATOR on INSTAGRAM!

This is amazing! Geno is happening 100% as a Full Fighter very soon as DLC. He has so much in his favor like never before. 2 decades of Fan Demand, Missing Costume, Copyrighted Songs, Spirits officially do NOT deconfirm with the Min Min upgrade, Sakurai’s acknowledge and many more stuff. Also the character is perfect in terms of design and a fresh/fun moveset. The songs and stage will be amazing also. This character will make so much people happy, just like Ridley, KKR and Banjo-Kazooie did. Just wait and see: Geno Joins the Party! Geno Awakens! Geno Falls Down like a Star!

This is amazing, go check it my friends! Specially Fatmanonice Fatmanonice & @papagenos and all the crew :)
Those sketches are ****ing god tier, holy ****.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After last months partner showcase, I’m not gonna get too excited this time around. But things are starting to look interesting, and I’ll definitely keep an eye out.

Only question is, is it time for the star boi?

MattX20

Smash Hero
After last months partner showcase, I’m not gonna get too excited this time around. But things are starting to look interesting, and I’ll definitely keep an eye out.

That's what we're hoping for in the near future

pinshadow

Smash Lord
As confused and disjointed as insiders seem right now there still seems to be this consensus that SOMETHING has to happen soon, and we're getting some kind of stop-gap before a general, they just can't seem to figure out exactly what the hell it is. Twitter Shadowdrop? Another Partner Showcase? Indie World? Something else entirely? But we are getting an announcement of some kind in August.

In regards to 7 though, we don't need to shift on anything. By all accounts, 7 is very likely out in September, which we've been theorizing for months. We're close to reaching that point now where it's close enough that they might just wait UNTIL September and shadowdrop it, either on it's own or as part of a direct like Banjo. It's a good centering point since it gives us a time where Nintendo HAS to do something.

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
I came from lurking to say two things.

1. So it seems like we might get news soon and hopefully this time. We might just see the end of our adventure here also imma try and send art that i usually forget to send here soon.

2. Happy Birthday Sigran101 Sigran101 (kinda ran out of jokes to say so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....bheesechurger)

And now back to the shadows i go.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Happy birthday! Sigran101 Sigran101 :) If there are no announcements today, I hope spending time with us is the next best thing!

Here's something I've been wondering. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to business finances, so I wanted to know: what exactly is a shareholder's meeting in regards to Nintendo? I know one is coming up this week. What kind of information is released to shareholders, and who exactly owns shares of Nintendo? Why are these meetings held? Are they annual, and do all companies (both in the video game industry and out) hold them?

D

Deleted member

I came from lurking to say two things.

1. So it seems like we might get news soon and hopefully this time. We might just see the end of our adventure here also imma try and send art that i usually forget to send here soon.

2. Happy Birthday Sigran101 Sigran101 (kinda ran out of jokes to say so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....bheesechurger)

And now back to the shadows i go.
bheesechurgers are delicious

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Sigran101 Sigran101 Happy birthday dude.

Also, seems like the rumors are up there and we MIGHT BE into something. Hopefully a tease or a 'Mr. Sakurai Presents' announcement. Those seem to be the norm now rather than a character being shown on a direct now.

:bowser:.

domriver

Smash Lord

GOsh! Let us hope so! - Sakurai please end this ride i cant take it no more. lol ;P

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
So to clarify, we’re definitely getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Mario Kart 9, BoTW2 release date, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Prime 4, Trilogy and Metroid 5, new Kirby, Star Fox Grand Prix, Pikmin 4, Golden Sun HD, Bayonetta 3, Geno, Master Chief AND Goku in Smash, Yakuza ports and the Switch 2 on Thursday, right?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So to clarify, we’re definitely getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Mario Kart 9, BoTW2 release date, Wind Waked, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Prime 4, Trilogy and Metroid 5, new Kirby, Star Fox Grand Prix, Pikmin 4, Golden Sun HD, Bayonetta 3, Geno, Master Chief AND Goku in Smash, Yakuza ports and the Switch 2 on Thursday, right?
IF there is a Direct announcement tomorrow, which I hope.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So to clarify, we’re definitely getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Mario Kart 9, BoTW2 release date, Wind Waked, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Prime 4, Trilogy and Metroid 5, new Kirby, Star Fox Grand Prix, Pikmin 4, Golden Sun HD, Bayonetta 3, Geno, Master Chief AND Goku in Smash, Yakuza ports and the Switch 2 on Thursday, right?
...Where's Half-Life 3?

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
You forgot the new F-Zero game and Mother 3 on the switch.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Some "John Harker" guy seems to have said we're getting at least two Directs. (it really seemed like a joke to me, but apparently not(?)) I gather that he is trusted, is he?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Some "John Harker" guy seems to have said we're getting at least two Directs. (it really seemed like a joke to me, but apparently not(?)) I gather that he is trusted, is he?
Yes, he is one of the most realible insiders out there. If he says so, believe him with no doubt.

Now, it doesn’t have mean that we are getting a mini and a general direct. It can be something like a combination of Indies Direct + Partner showcase or Pokémon Direct + Mini, who knows. As always, tempered your expectations.

D

Deleted member

I don't know who that is. Where has this person claimed this?

Griselda

Smash Lord
The end of the Nintendo Direct with two minutes left: That will be all for today, there'll be no further announcements. Thank you for watching.

Geno's reveal trailer getting ready to come on:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After Geno get's in, I'm going to take a half year vacation from Smashboards and speculation in general. I'm tired of playing the waiting game speculating during these long *** droughts. My patience has run dry and once Geno get's in, I'm not going to invest as much time on Smashboards as we are near the end game and Geno I feel will be one of if not the last big characters I will be remotely happy to see get in before this game is all wrapped up. I will drop by the Goemon, Shantae, Krystal, and other threads now and then, but for the most part my speculating days are pretty much over in Ultimate at least after doll boi get's in.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Huh, apparently server maintenance for Smash is starting in a few minutes.

Can't wait to have Rollback Netcode and Geno when it's done guys!!!:bobomb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom