• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In the DLC thread they are saying they permanently add event spirits to the rotation before a new reveal. Is this substantial?
It happens some times, but it's not consistent. The Ring Fit and Animal Crossing spirits were added about two weeks ago, and we didn't get a reveal then.

Also, happy birthday Sigran101 Sigran101 !

Edit: I've been :ultgreninja:'d by myself - that's a new one.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, looks like I needed time to cool down. I must say though, though my posts rather had good intentions, I was a bit hasty to jump into the hype thing when Supirorguy brought it up. Can't say I blame him as I blame myself, actually, but I was unaware; through the whole arguing yesterday; how much people were not liking the whole thing, let alone how many people did not plan to or were not prone to getting angry if Geno was revealed. I guess I cared too much what others thought if anyone here were to get angry. Still, while I meant no harm, possibly unlike anyone else who might have meant harm if they were to say hype responsibly, and though I was not trying to control anyone, I might have been going through a different phase yesterday before the arguing, which may have been partly do to my talking to people not here, but on the Newcomer Discussion thread about Geno. I won't go into what I said, which was also about concern for Geno fans, but sometimes, even having concern like that can make you be negative about things, although some I argued with were unnecessarily rude, but that should be irrelevant, right?

What I am trying to say is, though I meant no harm, again, I apologize if I offended anyone here yesterday, directly or indirectly. Some of the things I might have said that were bad, I did not mean. I did turn out annoyed at some, so that didn't help. I am not sure if I offended everyone, as I did not argue with everyone, but I do hope you can forgive me for, at the base of it all, being hasty, and beyond that, adding to the unnecessary argument. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions and points of view, even if they are different from mine and if I don't agree. All opinions and points of views are valuable. With that said...

I'm back!

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys I think now it's totally impossible to go to the Investor's meeting with any game. That's bad because the Investors gift Nintendo money. If Nintendo had many games, they wil give many money. But they have 0 games ....

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
What are the odds that Geno gets announced/released in March and/or May of next year to mark the 25th anniversary of Super Mario RPG?
While that would be nice, Smash announcements almost never line up with anniversaries, iirc not even Min Min did, the most recent. I'd like it though! But I'm hoping he gets announced this year if he's in.

Also happy birthday Sigran101 Sigran101 !!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Speaking of SMRPG, I have 4 of the 7 pieces for Star Road. Though, I still need to nail the timing for the Geno Whirl and guard better. (Curse spells not being blockable.)

Any tips for the quest on the last three stars? (No spoilers please.)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, looks like I needed time to cool down. I must say though, though my posts rather had good intentions, I was a bit hasty to jump into the hype thing when Supirorguy brought it up. Can't say I blame him as I blame myself, actually, but I was unaware; through the whole arguing yesterday; how much people were not liking the whole thing, let alone how many people did not plan to or were not prone to getting angry if Geno was revealed. I guess I cared too much what others thought if anyone here were to get angry. Still, while I meant no harm, possibly unlike anyone else who might have meant harm if they were to say hype responsibly, and though I was not trying to control anyone, I might have been going through a different phase yesterday before the arguing, which may have been partly do to my talking to people not here, but on the Newcomer Discussion thread about Geno. I won't go into what I said, which was also about concern for Geno fans, but sometimes, even having concern like that can make you be negative about things, although some I argued with were unnecessarily rude, but that should be irrelevant, right?

What I am trying to say is, though I meant no harm, again, I apologize if I offended anyone here yesterday, directly or indirectly. Some of the things I might have said that were bad, I did not mean. I did turn out annoyed at some, so that didn't help. I am not sure if I offended everyone, as I did not argue with everyone, but I do hope you can forgive me for, at the base of it all, being hasty, and beyond that, adding to the unnecessary argument. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions and points of view, even if they are different from mine and if I don't agree. All opinions and points of views are valuable. With that said...

I'm back!
Welcome back

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

I'm back!
It’s this kind of stuff that’s encouraging. Welcome back.

T2by4

Smash Lord
What are the odds that Geno gets announced/released in March and/or May of next year to mark the 25th anniversary of Super Mario RPG?
Pretty unlikely as sakurai doesnt announce characters on anniversaries like that. Although, if FP7 ain't Geno, I guarantee this thread is gonna hop onto that theory and say that it "makes sense, this was his real intentions all along" like we're doing for FP7

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s this kind of stuff that’s encouraging. Welcome back.
Like I said, it's great to be here again.

Honestly, though, I am still mad at one person, but that person isn't anyone I argued with yesterday directly on this topic. So, xpnc xpnc , T Trevenant , AceAttorney9000 AceAttorney9000 , Datboigeno Datboigeno , anyone else I argued directly on this topic that I forgot to mention, you are all good. I won't name who that person I am talking about though. We've had enough drama now.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I'm back!
I'm so glad you decided to stay!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Two topics I'd like to bring to the table at the moment.

Street Fighter V Season 3 Trailer and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Back in 2017, after yet another Capcom Cup Pro Tour tournament of Street Fighter V, where MenaRD took the major win surprising literally everyone, after presenting the trophy to the champion, they proceeded in revealing the first character that would be coming with Street Fighter V's Season 3 (it was Sakura). However, to the surprise of all watching the event, another trailer was shown soon after in which the ENTIRETY of the characters coming in Season 3 were revealed (a total of an additional five characters excluding Sakura). The trailer was done in gorgeous CG and also included some characters that were already in the game. Thinking back on that specific trailer, I'm puzzled by how Nintendo and Co. haven't gotten on this idea for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I know every Company likes to do their own thing but, the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 announcements are starting to come tardy according to the original schedule. The reveal of only one or two Challenger Packs would have still been feasible within a normal year but, given the current situation worldwide, a way that Ultimate's momentum could recover is with the reveal of a trailer similar to Street Fighter V's Season 3 trailer. It's a curious parallel because of a few similarities.
  • Both Street Fighter V's Season 3 Pass, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighters Pass Vol. 2 have 6 fighters.
  • Min Min could be considered Vol. 2's Sakura to Street Fighter V's Season 3 since both were the first characters of each pass revealed.
A favorable move to recover Ultimate's momentum (and the interest of players for the game) would be to reveal such a trailer in which they show the remaining five characters. They don't need gameplay footage necessarily. Just show them in CG, something impactful and that way they would finally let fans know what the pass will be like and if it's worth buying. Sure, I can understand that by keeping the characters under wrap and announce them one by one helps keep the discussion alive for the game (more speculation-wise) among fans but that offers no concrete reward. Now revealing the contents of the Pass does (by generating sales).

Nintendo Co Ltd's Stock
I had brought up Nintendo's stock a while back but looking at it again last night I woke up thinking on how speculation on Nintendo news within a month's time have impacted its price. By looking at the stock's price starting off from July, it can be seen that the stock reached its peak on July 7th. Quite a few things were going for this particular date. Albeit stock prices reflect mostly the financial performance of a Company, investor speculation does influence said price as well. Consequently, investor speculation is influenced not only be looking at the Company's financial forecasts and news, but also by public opinion and expectations (and here we have the lot of insider rumors, YouTubers uploading speculation videos, and brand ambassadors and other figures expressing themselves about the Company). Now, for things that were going for July 7th.
  • Leading up to that date, a theory of a Smash reveal for Geno had gained strength with the alignment of many sevens. The next fighter to be announced would be Challenger Pack 7, making them the 77th fighter in the roster, and the announcement could potential be on the 7th day of the 7th month. It seemed to perfect and alas, it did not come true. However, this was speculation but it did do the rounds on the Internet.
  • On this day Nintendo announced three more games being added to the Nintendo Switch Online service; one of them being Donkey Kong Country for the SNES Library. This was a game that was missing from the SNES library and was arduously expected and requested to be added to the online service.
After that date, no other relevant news came out aside from the usual reminder that Paper Mario: The Origami King was on its way. The stock price took a near 2k Yen dive that day and continue to decrease throughout the week. Almost forgot about the Nintendo Treehouse stream from the 10th. The announcement of that stream may have influenced in a brief halt on the stock's price decrease, with the added announcement that after the Paper Mario gameplay, they'd reveal something new from WayForward. All who saw the stream know what happened. Curiously this did not translate to a stock price decrease. Between the 14th and 15th of July there was a slight sudden increase on the stock, perhaps due to the announcement of the LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System set announcement (on the 14th). Quite the nice collectors item. It gave airs of something notable perhaps coming along soon. The stock price continued to decrease the following days since no more news came up; that is until July 20th. Literally starting off July 20th (at midnight), Nintendo announces a Direct Mini Partners Showcase for the same day. "FINALLY some news!", many surely thought, but as the Direct Mini came and went, not all were left satisfied with what was shown (except for SMT fans). Albeit to this day, said Direct Mini stands with the following YouTube stats
  • Over 3.1 million views
  • 101k likes
  • 76k dislikes
The message of dislike came loud and clear; the stock began a price decrease from the 21st and onward but it entered a period of the market being closed for four days.

Approaching the weekend and following the close of the Tokyo stock market, XBOX had its Games Showcase presentation (on the 23rd). One game in particular that was shown off during the pre-show caught the eye of many Nights/Sonic fans when Balan Wonderworld was revealed. It was later made known on the following day (the 24th) that the game would also be coming to the Nintendo Switch. Interesting, very nice. A good sign that perhaps some good third party titles would be making their way to the Switch. Yet no news from Nintendo and the stock price again would continue to drop, taking another dip on the 30th. The decreases in price throughout the month of July may not seem like such a big deal due to the currency exchange rate (translated to USD, the decrease from July 7th to July 31st was of approximately over $40 of an approximately $440 priced stock), but this goes to show that speculation within the industry, as well as announcements and presentations do have an impact over the stock's price.

We are now in August, and with yet even more rumors of potential Nintendo announcement dates circulating social media outlets, the stock has experienced an increased since the month began, accentuating from the 3rd to the 4th. Factors that may be influencing this increase include:
  • The fast approach to the August 6th quarterly earnings release schedule. Investors may be hoping that before the earnings release, Nintendo might drop some meaningful game news (a Direct). It could serve as a cushion for an early 2021 downward forecast.
  • Sony's State of Play presentation taking place also on August 6th. On these presentations Sony will most likely go over PS4 exclusives however, one never knows when an eye-catching multi-platform title may be revealed.
For the time being, all we can do is wait (as frustrating as that may sound). For reference here's a link to Nintendo's stock (with chart).
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/7974:JP

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Probably fake. I can’t really imagine Nintendo wanting to add Edelgard after Byleth. I get Nintendo wants to push FE, but if Nintendo wants to make FE big as Mario and Zelda, it’s like pushing a giant boulder up a hill.
That picture is fake. I play Heroes and there has been no news about a banner like that for their summer fest month

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
That's the Fire Emblem Heroes style. Different artists design different characters so they all look different. Those ARE official FEH artwork but they have never done events in the past for Smash Bros, even after Byleth was added. I also haven't seen this anywhere in the datamine threads on the reddit

EDIT: Also, there are 9 characters on that image. FEH summoning events either have 4 characters or 2 sets of 4 characters on the banners (8 total), so 9 doesn't add up in that way either.
I’ve played FEH for a long time, there’s only been 2 banners with more than 4 characters and those were a little bit after launch, after that they’ve stopped doing them. Legendary/Mythic banners have 12 five star focus characters on them but those 12 are the only 5 star characters you can get on the banner on those special banners only happen once a month for a week and add a legendary/mythic character which can only be obtained on those banners or in specific summoning events if they so choose (hero fest for the flying dagger girl and a Thracia 776 banner for Peony)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, with the prospect of a double Direct week facedown and dead in a shallow puddle of water (a common fantasy people have of me, I'm sure), Zell's "sometimes lightning strikes twice" hint probably had a different meaning... Like I said last week, the metaphor on a basic level means something that rarely happens happening again so, instead of a double occurrence, he may have been referring to a singular. I noticed that he said some people had correctly guessed it on Resetera so, if the "twice" aspect wasn't literal, there's only one other interpretation if you think about how Nintendo has conducted itself this year...

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, with the prospect of a double Direct week facedown and dead in a shallow puddle of water (a common fantasy people have of me, I'm sure), Zell's "sometimes lightning strikes twice" hint probably had a different meaning... Like I said last week, the metaphor on a basic level means something that rarely happens happening again so, instead of a double occurrence, he may have been referring to a singular. I noticed that he said some people had correctly guessed it on Resetera so, if the "twice" aspect wasn't literal, there's only one other interpretation if you think about how Nintendo has conducted itself this year...
Hmm... maybe... another first party title shadow drop/announcement like Paper Mario: The Origami King?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I’ve played FEH for a long time, there’s only been 2 banners with more than 4 characters and those were a little bit after launch, after that they’ve stopped doing them. Legendary/Mythic banners have 12 five star focus characters on them but those 12 are the only 5 star characters you can get on the banner on those special banners only happen once a month for a week and add a legendary/mythic character which can only be obtained on those banners or in specific summoning events if they so choose (hero fest for the flying dagger girl and a Thracia 776 banner for Peony)
And they also didn't do a promo banner for Byleths release in Smash. The only time they have done that is for Echoes, 3H and SMT

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It happens some times, but it's not consistent. The Ring Fit and Animal Crossing spirits were added about two weeks ago, and we didn't get a reveal then.

Also, happy birthday Sigran101 Sigran101 !

Edit: I've been :ultgreninja:'d by myself - that's a new one.
Regardless, with the other things like the Smash Bros. Ultimate site going down temporarily a few days ago and other things, I do think something is coming soon.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Zell's hint:
The only guesses that were made and have not yet been deconfirmed are:

1. Another Partner Showcase (this should be in the first half of August according to Zell; if this is what grubbs refers to and he is correct, and we were to take Obon into account, the only feasible dates are 11th-12th)
2. 2 Directs in August
3. Mini Direct on the 20th (only guessed by one person)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, since the Trials of Mana spirits just got permanently added to the game today, the last spirits added to the game permanently prior to this were the Ring Fit and Animal Crossing New Horizons spirits on July 21st. The difference of time between both releases is exactly 2 weeks.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Hmm... maybe... another first party title shadow drop/announcement like Paper Mario: The Origami King?
It's either that... or, the only other thing I can think of is... another guessing game for the next Smash character...

Think bigger and approximately 4 months ago.
... wait, you mean the 30-minute Direct mini from March? That's way better!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Was there a lengthy period of maintenance in which ALL network services were unavailable, before the March mini direct?

Asking for...reasons

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Only one person guessed another Marchesque Mini Direct, and he said specifically on the 20th of the month.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Judging from the hurricane that I am currently going through, I think Zell was just giving the weather report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom