• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Christ people we aren't waiting until October, get a grip. If Nintendo's line-up for the rest of the year really was as barren as the doomposters are implying they would have pushed stuff like Clubhouse Games or Paper Mario back more to fill space. Do you see Nintendo going without any releases for the next two months? It's only been a couple weeks since Origami King came out, we are only 3 days into August, chill. I mean jesus we literally had people like Grubb today implying something happenning in mid-August and you guys still just shift to October for no reason? Nintendo isn't going to wait to reveal their Holiday line-up until OCTOBER PEOPLE, even if it is just ports and DLC. Not to mention the next character is most likely releasing in September anyway, stop worrying about this.
Nobody is saying October. I'm pointing out the logic of if Nintendo was still piecing together a Direct in September. People are under this impression that Directs are like school projects and that Nintendo can just submit them at midnight the night before. No, they're done weeks in advance before they are broadcast. A September Direct would be done now or close to it and an August Direct would have been completed sometime in July.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Nobody is saying October. I'm pointing out the logic of if Nintendo was still piecing together a Direct in September. People are under this impression that Directs are like school projects and that Nintendo can just submit them at midnight the night before. No, they're done weeks in advance before they are broadcast. A September Direct would be done now or close to it and an August Direct would have been completed sometime in July.
A month in advance sounds reasonable. I really doubt it would take more than a month to do it. Then again,pandemic situation thing, so maybe a month and a half.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here i finished modeling Ameoid from SMRPG and i am the first to do so
The colors are:
-Ameboid
-Chester's Ameboid
-Unused Yellow Ameboid
-Unused Brown Ameboid

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So do you guys think Nintendo investigating their employees and staff over somebody potentially helping the hacker dump all those source codes from their servers onto the Internet could delay any upcoming Nintendo announcements? I picture the Giga leak situation being Nintendo's top priority right now as it's nothing small to look over by any means.
Concidering how big of a deal the Giga leak is, I honestly can see this being at least a combo (together with the pandemic). That leak is nothing to brush over like many might think

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If the Smash Bros site maintenance that just happened the other day was later on in the month, I'd be more inclined to think the reveal(s) would be happening in September, but given how the DQ Heroes and Banjo were revealed not long after that site maintenance, the implication from this is that it may happen as soon as this week, if not the next at the latest

Griselda

Smash Lord
Ameboids are strikingly Goomba-like. Which makes me wonder if we're actually meant to make a parallel, and they're the last remnant of natural life in the Factory dimension after Smithy filled it with weapons, like he was planning with Mario's world. I mean, they don't fit in with the other weapon enemies, something they share with ghosts in the Factory.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
In fairness I can't blame anyone who's a bit skeptical at the idea that the likelihood and/or frequency of Nintendo announcements is suddenly different now. And its an odd turn around that a community that was accused of expecting too much in the spring and summer is now said to be too pessimistic about the fall.

"You guys keep hyping up big Directs and getting your hopes up when that's not realistic."

"Huh, maybe you're right. Well I guess given everything that's happened October might be more likely than September for news."

"Oh, look at mister cynical."

Hey if you believe we're getting big stuff soon, that's great. Others are going to keep their expectations fairly low until there's compelling evidence to do otherwise.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine thinking and believing that we're not going to get Nintendo news that's a higher caliber until October when if everything would have went normally we would have had Nintendo news in June.

There is a difference between accepting the fact that there may be delays and being Doom and Gloom and woe is me.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
but given how the DQ Heroes and Banjo were revealed not long after that site maintenance,
Do we know how much exactly? I still haven't been able to find a source.
I do think the reveal should happen soon. (definitely within the next 16 days)

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200804-061451_Chrome.jpg

Can you imagine the absolute salt if sakurai actually did ANOTHER FE rep this pass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 281240
Can you imagine the absolute salt if sakurai actually did ANOTHER FE rep this pass.
Probably fake. I can’t really imagine Nintendo wanting to add Edelgard after Byleth. I get Nintendo wants to push FE, but if Nintendo wants to make FE big as Mario and Zelda, it’s like pushing a giant boulder up a hill.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still feel like there's going to be "something" this week.
View attachment 281240
Byleth's Edelgard ALT is pretty spot on so I sincerely doubt it. Any ideas on when this event is supposed to happen? Sounds like it would accompany the release of someone rather than their announcement if it's for September.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
View attachment 281240
I'm a day 1 Fire Emblem Heroes player, I can confirm they didn't have any event when Byleth (or chrom) was added to Smash either. I also frequent the subreddit and nothing in the datamining threads talks about this, so it's probably fake.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
View attachment 281240
Not sure if this would actually disprove it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that all the characters in that image have differing artistic styles, as opposed to one cohesive style, which suggests that the characters might be pulled from pre existing images (or maybe the artist did it that way on purpose). Just food for thought.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
First I'm going to post this image and ask your thoughts. I understand 4chan usually has fake BS, but for some reason I feel all of this could happen and it aligns with what we've been talking about in this thread.

Screenshot_20200804-093010~2.png

Second, I wanted to add that waiting till September is awful. Not because I'm impatient or that it would literally be a full year since we last got information of that calibre. No, it's because I'm a teacher. It's already hard enough having to wait until later in the day or turn off my phone (or ask my students to politely STFU and don't spoil me lol). But I have just been feeling a sense of dread over this coming year, and there is a real possibility I don't know if I could last till September. Maybe that's hyperbolic and melodramatic, but it's something we talk about in my household almost everyday. Here's to news happening sooner or my school deciding to let me stay home so I don't get everyone I love sick

Attachments

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Not sure if this would actually disprove it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that all the characters in that image have differing artistic styles, as opposed to one cohesive style, which suggests that the characters might be pulled from pre existing images (or maybe the artist did it that way on purpose). Just food for thought.
That's the Fire Emblem Heroes style. Different artists design different characters so they all look different. Those ARE official FEH artwork but they have never done events in the past for Smash Bros, even after Byleth was added. I also haven't seen this anywhere in the datamine threads on the reddit

EDIT: Also, there are 9 characters on that image. FEH summoning events either have 4 characters or 2 sets of 4 characters on the banners (8 total), so 9 doesn't add up in that way either.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I still feel like there's going to be "something" this week.

Byleth's Edelgard ALT is pretty spot on so I sincerely doubt it. Any ideas on when this event is supposed to happen? Sounds like it would accompany the release of someone rather than their announcement if it's for September.
Also, all the spirits, stage or music that Edelgard could have alredy came with Byleth

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Even some of Edelgard's moves (in the form of Aymr) are incorporated into Byleth anyway. As cute and powerful as Edelgard is, I'm pretty sure not even Nintendo would be silly enough to add another FE rep from the same game with the same stage and the same music as one of their most recent DLC, hah.

First I'm going to post this image and ask your thoughts. I understand 4chan usually has fake BS, but for some reason I feel all of this could happen and it aligns with what we've been talking about in this thread.
I know rumor mills have hinted heavily at it, but I really hope NMH 1 and 2 get Switch releases. I never got around to playing them on the Wii and they always looked pretty cool.

domriver

Smash Lord
So after Geno and Mallow get's into Smash, would you guys want to campaign for Smithy? I would. I think Smithy has amazing moveset potential especially for a heavyweight.
Who do we go rally behind after Geno? Somoene check the list?! lol ;P

Probably just a reference to today's date (well okay, it's still 8/3 here in California, but it's 8/4 in Japan) and maybe the year 1984, which is when a lot of Game and Watch stuff came out
8/4
we need to delve deeper into this - check out those ancient japanese text books im sure they reference something to 8 and 4. LOL :p

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
So NMH 1+2 ports get released before a now delayed NMH3, but Bravely Default and Bravely Second come after a delayed Bravely Default 2?

Nah.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello Genobros!
Today, I have come back with some theorycrafting that I would love to share with all of you, as I thought this theory of mine was interesting and could make a lot of sense.
Do you all remember that tweet made by Nintendo about SMRPG?

That was an interesting tweet for a multitude of reasons. 1. is because Nintendo NEVER acknowledges Mario RPG, so the fact they actually tweeted about its anniversary is pretty interesting, especially since this was tweeted two months after the initial Smash reveal. 2. is because they tweeted this at quite a weird anniversary time. Who else celebrates a game's 22nd anniversary? And 3. is because with how popular Geno is for Smash, I am sure Nintendo knew what they were getting in to with tweeting this.

So, what is the theory, you may ask? My theory is that Nintendo tweeted this to "test the waters" and to see how much people care about Geno and SMRPG in modern times. What leads me to believe this is the part where it says, "Are you Team Mallow or Team Geno?". Obviously, Nintendo HAD to know that Geno would win this contest without a doubt, considering the legacy he has had with Smash and everything. I also think this is a smart business decision. Considering the fact that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, it makes sense to tweet something like this to see the general popularity of a character who has had one major appearance from a game in over 20 years ago. That would be something I would do if I was in that position.

And the thing is, their may actually be some precedence for this. Nintendo recently just held an ARMS Party Crash Bash, which was held to allow people to vote for who their favorite character in ARMS is. Guess who came out on top?

Arms-2nd-Anniversary-MinMin.jpg

That's right, Min Min, which was chosen as our ARMS rep in Smash. Now, Sakurai DID state Yabuki wanted Min Min included, but I also think this may have been what led Sakurai to choose Min Min, especially since he also considered Ninjara, who came out in second place.

So to recap, Nintendo may have tweeted about SMRPG because they wanted to see just how much people still care about Geno and if that post was popular enough, which it was, they may consider Geno to be in Smash. That is my theory on things. Is this reaching? Probably, but that is the fun about Smash and I thought this was interesting, so I decided to share it with all of you. I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts on this!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hello Genobros!
Today, I have come back with some theorycrafting that I would love to share with all of you, as I thought this theory of mine was interesting and could make a lot of sense.
Do you all remember that tweet made by Nintendo about SMRPG?

That was an interesting tweet for a multitude of reasons. 1. is because Nintendo NEVER acknowledges Mario RPG, so the fact they actually tweeted about its anniversary is pretty interesting, especially since this was tweeted two months after the initial Smash reveal. 2. is because they tweeted this at quite a weird anniversary time. Who else celebrates a game's 22nd anniversary? And 3. is because with how popular Geno is for Smash, I am sure Nintendo knew what they were getting in to with tweeting this.

So, what is the theory, you may ask? My theory is that Nintendo tweeted this to "test the waters" and to see how much people care about Geno and SMRPG in modern times. What leads me to believe this is the part where it says, "Are you Team Mallow or Team Geno?". Obviously, Nintendo HAD to know that Geno would win this contest without a doubt, considering the legacy he has had with Smash and everything. I also think this is a smart business decision. Considering the fact that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, it makes sense to tweet something like this to see the general popularity of a character who has had one major appearance from a game in over 20 years ago. That would be something I would do if I was in that position.

And the thing is, their may actually be some precedence for this. Nintendo recently just held an ARMS Party Crash Bash, which was held to allow people to vote for who their favorite character in ARMS is. Guess who came out on top?

View attachment 281246

That's right, Min Min, which was chosen as our ARMS rep in Smash. Now, Sakurai DID state Yabuki wanted Min Min included, but I also think this may have been what led Sakurai to choose Min Min, especially since he also considered Ninjara, who came out in second place.

So to recap, Nintendo may have tweeted about SMRPG because they wanted to see just how much people still care about Geno and if that post was popular enough, which it was, they may consider Geno to be in Smash. That is my theory on things. Is this reaching? Probably, but that is the fun about Smash and I thought this was interesting, so I decided to share it with all of you. I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts on this!
I imagine that it probably was done to test the market for Geno's popularity as a potential fighter

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Imagine thinking and believing that we're not going to get Nintendo news that's a higher caliber until October when if everything would have went normally we would have had Nintendo news in June.

There is a difference between accepting the fact that there may be delays and being Doom and Gloom and woe is me.
While they may have been planning what to reveal in June and had a solid plan in place on our original timeline, they wouldn't have had to compile stuff for the original presentation until around May. The pandemic started affecting Japan around late January and the country shut down late February/early March. So whatever they had cooking, they had to hit the brakes on before a presentation even started to form. We know originally there were amiibos meant to be released in April, and Min Min likely coincided with that. We've had rumors for crazy stuff going back into the middle of last year. All of that had to change.

But the fact that they have now had six more months to figure out their plan and still have produced nothing is why I'm a doomer. Every other developer has used the extra time to figure something out. Nintendo has produced zip. They're not going to magically produce a presentation in August or we would have heard more. Maybe September or October, but the longer we wait the less I think they have anything. They pretty much don't have many excuses left.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom