• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So I had some thoughts about the supposed September general Direct and wanted the thread's input on it. Wasn't there a memo sent out to third party companies a couple months ago saying not to send any direct footage until September? And doesn't it also take at least a few weeks to get the Direct video edited and ready to stream?

If this is true, I feel like any September Direct would only focus on first party games, and save the third party stuff for a later direct, possibly another Mini partner showcase or whatever. But then that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I feel like it would be more likely to have a first party direct showing off most of the rumors from this year in August and another direct in October or November for the third party games or alternatively just having a big direct with everything in August or October than the supposed September direct.

There's always the chance that Nintendo could have changed when they want third party direct footage to be sent over for editing but I just wanted to see what the thread's thoughts were on this.
There's all this to put into consideration too. Thanks to my NoA ambassador friend, I learned last year that Directs basically take a month to a month and a half to put together and if Nintendo told third parties to wait until September to send them stuff, that sounds a lot more like an October Direct than September because of the amount of time it takes to do editing and post production.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I haven't been paying attention, what happened with him?
It was just him telling people to keep their expectations in check. I don't really agree with the sentiment but thats neither here not there but he is a cool guy and hope he knows there is no bad blood between anyone.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I haven't been paying attention, what happened with him?
It was basically just another instance of him telling us to hype responsibly and some people in this thread obviously didn't like that, so multiple different people disagreed with him, and he kinda took offense to that.

Like I said, even though I am also not a fan of being told to hype responsibly, I still feel he shouldn't leave the thread over this, and everyone who supports Geno should be welcomed here.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Yeah I've seen him talk about that for a little while. The thing is, I do genuinely believe he is a nice guy and I think the only reason he's telling us to hype responsibly is because he does genuinely care about us and doesn't want to see us sad or disappointed if Geno doesn't get included, and I even told him I appreciate the concern. I do think its odd for him to ask the newcomer thread about us, but I think he just wants the general opinion from people outside of this thread about us.

Anyways, I can't help but feel bad about someone who always seemed happy to be here, only for us to make him wish he left, and I really feel awful about that.
What is that saying? You can't please everyone. You can certainly try. I am pretty sure this goes to the type of person he is. I agree his intentions are very good they are not necessarily bad. However, one should expect push back if your "forcing" someone to agree and even entertain an idea that for whatever reason simply they do not agree with. This individual if his posts show anything of his real personality possibly shows that he is a caring person who watches out for others. Unfortunately in this day and age no good deed goes unpunished. Also he really should not take anything to heart on what anyone says. Its the internet!
As for us "geno" bros go. Some will be so upset/ so happy/ so whatever. There are always those who take it to the extreme. For myself? I want Geno in badly however, it isn't the end of the world if he does not make it in. I will be upset yes i will be but thats about it. To even say that it will affect my well being lol uh yeah you can stop there. Its just a game. I got more important things to worry about in life. :p But i do want Geno in! ;P Your not a bad person CannonStreak CannonStreak i think its safe to say for the most part there are level headed people here who are in check with reality should Geno make it or not. :)

Griselda

Smash Lord
So in a SMRPG sequel, should Smithy come back as the antagonist or should we get someone new who fits in as the antagonist? It would be cool if they did a Power Rangers thing and Smithy was like Rita Repulsa working for a higher more powerful threat insert antagonist/Lord Zedd.
I vote for Smithy, I think. There can be new villains in a further SMRPG series, but Smithy's also been waiting for years to make a comeback. I think he deserves a rematch.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's all this to put into consideration too. Thanks to my NoA ambassador friend, I learned last year that Directs basically take a month to a month and a half to put together and if Nintendo told third parties to wait until September to send them stuff, that sounds a lot more like an October Direct than September because of the amount of time it takes to do editing and post production.
If we do get a general direct in October, it seems unlikely that Smash is going to be part of it. Judging from the recent maintenance that occurred on the Smash website, it seems more likely that we're going to get the reveal(s) sooner rather than later.

domriver

Smash Lord
The fact that at no point in any Smash game has Ness giving his peace sign, be it game render, taunt or victory, is THE reason why Smash will never be popular or successful. Its sickening, really.

Smash is doomed!
Please refrain from speaking such heresy. Thank you. lol ;P

So in a SMRPG sequel, should Smithy come back as the antagonist or should we get someone new who fits in as the antagonist? It would be cool if they did a Power Rangers thing and Smithy was like Rita Repulsa working for a higher more powerful threat insert antagonist/Lord Zedd.
umm Smithy is evil - we don't know how many worlds he has conquered NOR his Right hand Knight "Boomer" how many people he made them bow down to Smithy! Sequel for Mario RPG- Smithy bad guy but worse or something. idk. It can go dark! ;P

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I know like every other post I have here (in the infrequent event that I post here) is some variation of "I'm tired of this" but like... damn am I actually tired of this. Like, virtually everything surrounding the speculation scene of Smash and Geno's status in it.

on one hand, I absolutely, positively get and feel the intense desire to see Geno added to Smash. It's something I've wanted since I was a kid, and it seems so deliciously, painfully possible this time. It's pretty much my last big thing I really actively want in games. Sequels to big-name titles I love will come and go, and some games I adore will be likely never be continued and I accept that. Geno's HD return in Smash, just to fulfill that now-seemingly possible childhood dream, is the final big, long-shot ask I have in games, and no matter what detractors say, it really is completely possible, if not just for Sakurai's comments himself on his inclusion (or lack thereof) in the last two games, and that makes it all the more titillating.
but at the same time, it is literally just wanting a video game character to appear in another video game. Sure, it "means more than that." I understand that- it's a validation of something that meant, and means, a lot to all of us users who keep coming back to this thread desperate for rumors or tidbits or speculation or news from whatever anonymous social media figurehead we can cling to from one big hope-raising-and-dashing moment to the next. To have this dream come true would not just fulfill our decade-plus-long desires but also stick it to those who doubted this concept just as ardently. But at its core, is it really "more than that?" Rather, does it have to be?
We pour our hearts and souls and personas and visages and names and energy into campaigning to a bunch of internet strangers that a wooden doll from a Mario game makes an appearance again. Boiled down, that really all it is. So why are we where we are, where half the speculation base fervently and obsessively pines for a collection of brown polygons in a blue hat while the other half is so vitriolic and pointed in their dissent that attacks to both this fictional character and anyone who supports him become personal and vicious?
It's all just so silly and exhausting, and yet I find myself returning to this thread and Resetera threads over and over all day just for any tidbit of news to bring and end to this. I absolutely think that the Geno "fanbase" and the attitude of this thread can be disturbingly childish and obsessive (though I also completely think that those in such heated opposition to the character are equally obtuse- you cannot seriously believe "durr duhh it will never happen" when the game creator himself has literally tried to make it happen at least once). For the most part, I am just as guilty of this pointless obsession over, again, I cannot stress this enough, a fictional, digital video game character. Evidenced further by the fact that I've come to this thread to type up a small essay about my thoughts and observations about all this, the fact that I've tried to get onto ResetEra to become more involved in hopefully getting a definite answer, and the fact that I've reached out to insiders just to try and get whatever info I can just to put this all to bed just for myself.

I just want it to end. Obviously I want it to end in my favor. I want my dumb gun puppet to be in this video game I love, because I think he's cool and would be fun and I want all this hope I've put into wanting this to happen for a decade plus to be worth it. But if I could just know "no, he's not going to be playable in Ultimate," I could move on, and I mean likely for good, as I don't suspect he'll be added in any future game if he won't be added in this one. I want to take a step back from all this ridiculous obsessing over "will it or won't it" video game speculation, but it all seems so close (and yet so far) that I don't know if I (or anyone else involved in all this) wants to cut themselves off from this until we get a real Yes or No. With Geno my last real passionate holdout, it would be nice to really hang up my hat on all this, and I think all of us Geno fans (and even the Geno haters) who are this passionate about things would benefit from a nice proverbial breath of fresh air. One side is right and one is wrong. To the victor, the spoils, and after some time, we will all move on, and find something a little less trivial to be a little less trivially passionate over.

So here I am, pecking out a practical "Geno Supporter's Existential Crisis Manifesto" on a 3000-page online message board topic dedicated to being a safe space stronghold for the support of a Super Mario character's revival, stuck between "I really don't want to care this much" and "dude, you clearly don't know how not to." Looking for whatever concrete answers I can find. NathanDrake explicitly said he hasn't heard anything about Geno in Smash yet. But ShadowEdgy, someone who seems to have some form of connections and a (apparently extremely frustrating, to some) tendency to run his mouth about what he hears a little too often and a little too publicly, has heard from multiple people that Geno is in, as have people like Naz. PapaGeno's speculated connection and the situation surrounding that seems to suggest, yes, Geno or Waluigi could really be added at some point, but they could just as easily be Mii Costumes, or it could be Shadow or Metal Sonic as playable characters instead. Or nothing. Fatmanonice, despite what some may say, really seems like a genuine good guy and I honestly trust that he too has connections and some degree of insider info, but if I had to be frank (with positively no disrespect meant to the man whatsoever- I respect him for what nonsense he's faced and the hope he brings to us), he can get ahead of himself sometimes, and by his own admittance, a lot of what he says is just speculation and theorycrafting. Nothing more, nothing less.

So at the end of it all, there are no solid answers one way or the other, and we don't know when there will be- whether it will be this month or next month or December 2021. And until then, as Nintendo (and by extension Smash (and by extension Geno)) fans get more and more restless for any sort of sweet relief from this drought, we will continue to guess and guess and pine and pick and prod and beg and bicker and fight over something that's so meaningless but that I and a lot of us can't really seem to take a step back from.

And so, as I said before, I am tired.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what do you guys picture the Smithy Mii costume looking like? I picture it to be a full costume of his default appearance with his trademark hammer.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't remember anything specifically saying don't send stuff until September, just that they said they weren't having one anytime soon and for third parties to reveal stuff on their own terms. Clearly they ARE sending Nintendo stuff regardless since we just had that Partner Showcase.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
He left the Geno thread because people here was getting into a argument with him on hype responsibly.
It was just him telling people to keep their expectations in check. I don't really agree with the sentiment but thats neither here not there but he is a cool guy and hope he knows there is no bad blood between anyone.
It was basically just another instance of him telling us to hype responsibly and some people in this thread obviously didn't like that, so multiple different people disagreed with him, and he kinda took offense to that.

Like I said, even though I am also not a fan of being told to hype responsibly, I still feel he shouldn't leave the thread over this, and everyone who supports Geno should be welcomed here.
No ill will towards this guy or anything, but wow, what a ***** move. Imagine deciding to leave a place you hang out at just because you couldn't nanny the emotions of a bunch of random ****s online. Ah well, here's hoping he's happier away from here, happy trails and all that.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So what do you guys picture the Smithy Mii costume looking like? I picture it to be a full costume of his default appearance with his trademark hammer.
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that it's actually Smithy's second form, the one without the beard. That one just seems like it'd work better as an expressionless helmet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that it's actually Smithy's second form, the one without the beard. That one just seems like it'd work better as an expressionless helmet.
Perhaps. But I would prefer bearded Smithy though as it's his most iconic appearance.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I know like every other post I have here (in the infrequent event that I post here) is some variation of "I'm tired of this" but like... damn am I actually tired of this. Like, virtually everything surrounding the speculation scene of Smash and Geno's status in it.

on one hand, I absolutely, positively get and feel the intense desire to see Geno added to Smash. It's something I've wanted since I was a kid, and it seems so deliciously, painfully possible this time. It's pretty much my last big thing I really actively want in games. Sequels to big-name titles I love will come and go, and some games I adore will be likely never be continued and I accept that. Geno's HD return in Smash, just to fulfill that now-seemingly possible childhood dream, is the final big, long-shot ask I have in games, and no matter what detractors say, it really is completely possible, if not just for Sakurai's comments himself on his inclusion (or lack thereof) in the last two games, and that makes it all the more titillating.
but at the same time, it is literally just wanting a video game character to appear in another video game. Sure, it "means more than that." I understand that- it's a validation of something that meant, and means, a lot to all of us users who keep coming back to this thread desperate for rumors or tidbits or speculation or news from whatever anonymous social media figurehead we can cling to from one big hope-raising-and-dashing moment to the next. To have this dream come true would not just fulfill our decade-plus-long desires but also stick it to those who doubted this concept just as ardently. But at its core, is it really "more than that?" Rather, does it have to be?
We pour our hearts and souls and personas and visages and names and energy into campaigning to a bunch of internet strangers that a wooden doll from a Mario game makes an appearance again. Boiled down, that really all it is. So why are we where we are, where half the speculation base fervently and obsessively pines for a collection of brown polygons in a blue hat while the other half is so vitriolic and pointed in their dissent that attacks to both this fictional character and anyone who supports him become personal and vicious?
It's all just so silly and exhausting, and yet I find myself returning to this thread and Resetera threads over and over all day just for any tidbit of news to bring and end to this. I absolutely think that the Geno "fanbase" and the attitude of this thread can be disturbingly childish and obsessive (though I also completely think that those in such heated opposition to the character are equally obtuse- you cannot seriously believe "durr duhh it will never happen" when the game creator himself has literally tried to make it happen at least once). For the most part, I am just as guilty of this pointless obsession over, again, I cannot stress this enough, a fictional, digital video game character. Evidenced further by the fact that I've come to this thread to type up a small essay about my thoughts and observations about all this, the fact that I've tried to get onto ResetEra to become more involved in hopefully getting a definite answer, and the fact that I've reached out to insiders just to try and get whatever info I can just to put this all to bed just for myself.

I just want it to end. Obviously I want it to end in my favor. I want my dumb gun puppet to be in this video game I love, because I think he's cool and would be fun and I want all this hope I've put into wanting this to happen for a decade plus to be worth it. But if I could just know "no, he's not going to be playable in Ultimate," I could move on, and I mean likely for good, as I don't suspect he'll be added in any future game if he won't be added in this one. I want to take a step back from all this ridiculous obsessing over "will it or won't it" video game speculation, but it all seems so close (and yet so far) that I don't know if I (or anyone else involved in all this) wants to cut themselves off from this until we get a real Yes or No. With Geno my last real passionate holdout, it would be nice to really hang up my hat on all this, and I think all of us Geno fans (and even the Geno haters) who are this passionate about things would benefit from a nice proverbial breath of fresh air. One side is right and one is wrong. To the victor, the spoils, and after some time, we will all move on, and find something a little less trivial to be a little less trivially passionate over.

So here I am, pecking out a practical "Geno Supporter's Existential Crisis Manifesto" on a 3000-page online message board topic dedicated to being a safe space stronghold for the support of a Super Mario character's revival, stuck between "I really don't want to care this much" and "dude, you clearly don't know how not to." Looking for whatever concrete answers I can find. NathanDrake explicitly said he hasn't heard anything about Geno in Smash yet. But ShadowEdgy, someone who seems to have some form of connections and a (apparently extremely frustrating, to some) tendency to run his mouth about what he hears a little too often and a little too publicly, has heard from multiple people that Geno is in, as have people like Naz. PapaGeno's speculated connection and the situation surrounding that seems to suggest, yes, Geno or Waluigi could really be added at some point, but they could just as easily be Mii Costumes, or it could be Shadow or Metal Sonic as playable characters instead. Or nothing. Fatmanonice, despite what some may say, really seems like a genuine good guy and I honestly trust that he too has connections and some degree of insider info, but if I had to be frank (with positively no disrespect meant to the man whatsoever- I respect him for what nonsense he's faced and the hope he brings to us), he can get ahead of himself sometimes, and by his own admittance, a lot of what he says is just speculation and theorycrafting. Nothing more, nothing less.

So at the end of it all, there are no solid answers one way or the other, and we don't know when there will be- whether it will be this month or next month or December 2021. And until then, as Nintendo (and by extension Smash (and by extension Geno)) fans get more and more restless for any sort of sweet relief from this drought, we will continue to guess and guess and pine and pick and prod and beg and bicker and fight over something that's so meaningless but that I and a lot of us can't really seem to take a step back from.

And so, as I said before, I am tired.
If their was any post that completely summed every one of my opinions about this wild ride in to one, this would be it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So after Geno and Mallow get's into Smash, would you guys want to campaign for Smithy? I would. I think Smithy has amazing moveset potential especially for a heavyweight.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Sakurai just posted this to Twitter.

I doubt it means anything in the long run, but I just thought it'd be cool to show you guys considering the numbers "8/4."
Probably just a reference to today's date (well okay, it's still 8/3 here in California, but it's 8/4 in Japan) and maybe the year 1984, which is when a lot of Game and Watch stuff came out

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So I thought it would be fun to put together a song list for Geno if he comes to Smash

While I really like Super Mario RPG Music, I feel overall, the Mario RPGs are extremely underrepresented in Smash's music department. Which sucks because there's so many tracks that I think would work well in the game. I've compiled 30 songs total. 10 from Super Mario RPG, 10 from the Paper Mario Series, and 10 from the Mario and Luigi Series. I decided to have a limit of 10 songs for each group so I don't go too overboard, and to add a bit of challenge to it. Also made sure the list would make Smash represent every Mario RPG game to date

Anyways, here's what I've put together

Battle Fanfare (Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqLbu5LOb0
King of the Koopas (Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDnpuSNQ5A
Battle Theme (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCgrlUVClRA
Doopliss (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2d6fTSIQr0&list=PL23D0589C6F57E9D9&index=5
Shadow Queen Boss Theme (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0m0d4aE8NE
Closing Battle (Super Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BetiGriljQ
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4kbzxKyNo
Battle Theme (Paper Mario Sticker Star) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEay7Ys83g
Red Streamer Battle Theme (Paper Mario The Origami King) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_5Td4whlo
The Final Fold Phase 1 (Paper Mario The Origami King) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lielTnGFHHY

Battle Theme (Superstar Saga) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQEf2Cy_TlA
Boss Battle Theme (Superstar Saga) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oenYQTeWVo0
Popple Battle Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY8JWoFqfc
Boss Battle Theme (Partners in Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqwSlRzjvo
Final Battle (Partners in Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fR2rFmKfTw
Never Let Up! (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwpQEfoqYgk
Antasma Theme (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7o9odk9Agg
Adventure's End (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHRiZ_FnlQ
Big Bang (Paper Jam) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01dAtCXYJHg
Final Battle (Paper Jam) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QokB2zqcICc

Fight Against Culex - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBR9zCgAT8&list=PL2F3BF604BA5BE5CB&index=46

Throw this in to give Final Fantasy an extra song. They need it

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So after Geno and Mallow get's into Smash, would you guys want to campaign for Smithy? I would. I think Smithy has amazing moveset potential especially for a heavyweight.
hmmm, a pseudo Pokémon trainer like character that changes his head, aka changes his moves. Could be pretty interesting!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

He left the Geno thread because people here was getting into a argument with him on hype responsibly.
I honestly wouldn't want Smithy to return. Part of the charm of the Mario RPGs is the original villains. I think if Smithy were to come back, it would be cooler if there were 2 or 3 games in between with new villains before he makes his big comeback. That way it's more like Fawful in BIS and not just fighting the same villain again and again.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly wouldn't want Smithy to return. Part of the charm of the Mario RPGs is the original villains. I think if Smithy were to come back, it would be cooler if there were 2 or 3 games in between with new villains before he makes his big comeback. That way it's more like Fawful in BIS and not just fighting the same villain again and again.
I would be up for this. Have new antagonists in the next two games and have Smithy return in full force with in SMRPG 4.

Paraster

Smash Lord
If, by some bizarre miracle, Nintendo decided to make a Geno equivalent to Luigi's Mansion and Wario Land, what do you think this game would be like? Would it stay an RPG or would they explore something new? What would the setting and characters be?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've been saying that at this point we should stop asking for Nintendo's 2020 lineup because it's so late in the year that anything they announce at this point is more than likely being shunted to 2021

If we actually legit have to wait until October to get a Direct, that clinches it

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Today I am playing a Paper Mario game for the first time, the original on the N64. I stopped playing for now, I just got to the Star Summit and heard the message from the Seven Stars. I love it so far, the battling system is simple which I appreciate for a chill Mario game, and I'm getting a lot of SMRPG vibes. A lot of the instruments used in certain compositions sounds like they're directly from SMRPG, and also, there's Seven Stars! I'm looking forward to beating it and moving on to TTYD!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Christ people we aren't waiting until October, get a grip. If Nintendo's line-up for the rest of the year really was as barren as the doomposters are implying they would have pushed stuff like Clubhouse Games or Paper Mario back more to fill space. Do you see Nintendo going without any releases for the next two months? It's only been a couple weeks since Origami King came out, we are only 3 days into August, chill. I mean jesus we literally had people like Grubb today implying something happenning in mid-August and you guys still just shift to October for no reason? Nintendo isn't going to wait to reveal their Holiday line-up until OCTOBER PEOPLE, even if it is just ports and DLC. Not to mention the next character is most likely releasing in September anyway, stop worrying about this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Right now I'm watching Sakurai presents Terry, and I just love how he talks about the character's video game history, how they play in smash, other characters in their games, and why he included them. For each DLC character, I love that he made these presentations.

Makes me think about him talking about Geno if he adds him. He'd probably talk about SMRPG and his timed hits mechanic (pretty sure Geno would have this moveset mechanic) and other SMRPG characters like Mallow, Smithy, etc. Maybe mention the other Mario RPGs too like Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi.

Also if Geno is added another thing I'd be excited for is how he looks on the mural (I'm really glad they added the DLC characters to the mural, I was afraid they'd only do that for the base roster characters after the November 1st, 2018 smash direct).

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Christ people we aren't waiting until October, get a grip. If Nintendo's line-up for the rest of the year really was as barren as the doomposters are implying they would have pushed stuff like Clubhouse Games or Paper Mario back more to fill space. Do you see Nintendo going without any releases for the next two months? It's only been a couple weeks since Origami King came out, we are only 3 days into August, chill. I mean jesus we literally had people like Grubb today implying something happenning in mid-August and you guys still just shift to October for no reason? Nintendo isn't going to wait to reveal their Holiday line-up until OCTOBER PEOPLE, even if it is just ports and DLC. Not to mention the next character is most likely releasing in September anyway, stop worrying about this.
Agreed. Odds are, we'll be getting something soon. In reality, would be a bit absurd if Nintendo completely left us in the dark until October. We'll likely get news this month, September the latest (which, to be honest, we've survived worst.) Although 2020 may be halfway over, the holiday season is approaching. Nintendo may not have a massive amount of games to pull out, but I doubt they're gonna be completely dry. If those Mario remakes rumor has any merit, they'll have to announce those soon if they're aiming for a holiday release date. Who knows, Nintendo may have even more surprises. In reality, we really don't know.

What we do know, however, is that Sakurai and his team have been working remotely from home, and Sakurai has gone on record to state that working from home/COVID has not hindered development by causing delays. The next fighter(s) will be announced soon. It's only been a little over a month since Min Min dropped, we really haven't waited that long at all. I think we're all just a bit antsy because Nintendo hasn't released news, but the Smash side of things has been pretty consistent and I think that's important to note.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
They call us mad for asking for geno, and here you are preparing to campaign for smithy?
Shine on,you crazy diamond.
So I thought it would be fun to put together a song list for Geno if he comes to Smash

While I really like Super Mario RPG Music, I feel overall, the Mario RPGs are extremely underrepresented in Smash's music department. Which sucks because there's so many tracks that I think would work well in the game. I've compiled 30 songs total. 10 from Super Mario RPG, 10 from the Paper Mario Series, and 10 from the Mario and Luigi Series. I decided to have a limit of 10 songs for each group so I don't go too overboard, and to add a bit of challenge to it. Also made sure the list would make Smash represent every Mario RPG game to date

Anyways, here's what I've put together

Battle Fanfare (Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqLbu5LOb0
King of the Koopas (Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDnpuSNQ5A
Battle Theme (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCgrlUVClRA
Doopliss (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2d6fTSIQr0&list=PL23D0589C6F57E9D9&index=5
Shadow Queen Boss Theme (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0m0d4aE8NE
Closing Battle (Super Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BetiGriljQ
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4kbzxKyNo
Battle Theme (Paper Mario Sticker Star) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEay7Ys83g
Red Streamer Battle Theme (Paper Mario The Origami King) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_5Td4whlo
The Final Fold Phase 1 (Paper Mario The Origami King) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lielTnGFHHY

Battle Theme (Superstar Saga) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQEf2Cy_TlA
Boss Battle Theme (Superstar Saga) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oenYQTeWVo0
Popple Battle Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY8JWoFqfc
Boss Battle Theme (Partners in Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqwSlRzjvo
Final Battle (Partners in Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fR2rFmKfTw
Never Let Up! (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwpQEfoqYgk
Antasma Theme (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7o9odk9Agg
Adventure's End (Dream Team) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHRiZ_FnlQ
Big Bang (Paper Jam) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01dAtCXYJHg
Final Battle (Paper Jam) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QokB2zqcICc

Fight Against Culex - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBR9zCgAT8&list=PL2F3BF604BA5BE5CB&index=46

Throw this in to give Final Fantasy an extra song. They need it
Gonna be mad as **** if smithy's 1st theme isn't in smash. Probably not gonna be tho.

Now,october? Man, that would be brutal. That is worst case scenario. I doubt we would get a character reveal so late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom