• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So, I just had a talk with CannonStreak CannonStreak and he wanted me to tell you all he is leaving the thread.

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

While I don't agree with the message he was originally conveying, I do feel bad for him and I hope some people in here aren't too overly aggressive about some things in the near future, and I hope some people can be a bit nicer, because you never know whether or not it may hurt someone's feelings.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If there's one thing I want outsiders to understand from this is that
1.) It's A-OK to generalize the entire fanbase based on some of the individuals in this thread
2.) We were a cult all along! You got us!
3.) Cacomallow was faked in the same place as the moon landing
4.) What you know as 2020 is actually part of a recently destabilized time loop that has been going on for the past 200 years. You've felt it's effects ever since 2016, that was us. We engineered this time loop so that we could alter history in order to get the Banjo and Geno timeline. Everything bad that has happened in 2020 is merely unfortunate collateral damage resulting from the severing of the time loop, putting us back into linear time.
5.) Fatman really IS a leaker. listen to nothing he says, he's merely trying to throw off the ninjas.

7.) Do not attempt to read number 6. Doing so will invite a living nightmare into your head, it will not stop until it has eaten your dreams.
8.) The real Geno was the friends we made along the way.

QQS

Smash Lord
F7209BD1-276D-400C-BD01-F90BE133A015.jpeg
7FF938E3-2007-473A-82F2-BA2031580B38.jpeg
13A0DE0D-606D-4904-B254-C8C3D8CCE78E.png
154C8991-5501-430D-BF07-FE5BC01703D9.jpeg
6350099F-D3C2-456C-A34C-421DEC9C6C0B.png

5B20D0D4-4BB5-4EE0-8E7E-190B5C9FA879.png

A2297852-6C35-4B75-A24E-1B4734AF2E6E.png

MORE ON THIS ARTIST. All credits for the artist: _ninpendo.art_

Chech the Instagram!

GENO JOINS THE ULTIMATE PARTY!

Enigma735 Enigma735 I know you will enjoy the Banjo-Kazooie Art! Best wishes to all! Been a little busy with work but always checking and also: Geno is a 100% playable fighter for me as you all know!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
1.) It's A-OK to generalize the entire fanbase based on some of the individuals in this thread
4.) What you know as 2020 is actually part of a recently destabilized time loop that has been going on for the past 200 years. You've felt it's effects ever since 2016, that was us. We engineered this time loop so that we could alter history in order to get the Banjo and Geno timeline. Everything bad that has happened in 2020 is merely unfortunate collateral damage resulting from the severing of the time loop, putting us back into linear time.
5.) Fatman really IS a leaker. listen to nothing he says, he's merely trying to throw off the ninjas.

7.) Do not attempt to read number 6. Doing so will invite a living nightmare into your head, it will not stop until it has eaten your dreams.
At last the truth is revealed. It was US all along.

Pandemics? Delays? That time you tripped for no reason? It was ALL US

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
View attachment 281184View attachment 281185View attachment 281186View attachment 281187View attachment 281188
View attachment 281189
View attachment 281190

Chech the Instagram!

Enigma735 Enigma735 I know you will enjoy the Banjo-Kazooie Art! Best wishes to all! Been a little busy with work but always checking and also: Geno is a 100% playable fighter for me as you all know!
I love this my dude! :)

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 281184View attachment 281185View attachment 281186View attachment 281187View attachment 281188
View attachment 281189
View attachment 281190

Chech the Instagram!

I don't use Instagram but that's awesome
Btw: The Ness in the 1st look like the Vector Victor Vector Victor profile pick

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

You forgot 9) It's literally my fault 2020 has been the way that it's been because haven't you all noticed that everything started to become terrible after I released the Geno essay? I put out something literally so Cringey ™ (dude, I lost sooooooo many subscribers) on the internet that it destabilized reality and I triggered the apocalypse by being too optimistic about Geno.

10) I lied Geno into existence in 2005 and through sheer willpower and dumb jokes, I have Mandela effected the entire planet over the course of 15 years.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
You forgot 9) It's literally my fault 2020 has been the way that it's been because haven't you all noticed that everything started to become terrible after I released the Geno essay? I put out something literally so Cringey ™ (dude, I lost sooooooo many subscribers) on the internet that it destabilized reality and I triggered the apocalypse by being too optimistic about Geno.

10) I lied Geno into existence in 2005 and through sheer willpower and dumb jokes, I have Mandela effected the entire planet over the course of 15 years.
I just didn't want to state what people already knew.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

Geno is the absolute TULPA of Smash. We literally willed him into existence....just like the Springwood Slasher aka Freddy Krueger ;)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno is the absolute TULPA of Smash. We literally willed him into existence....just like the Springwood Slasher aka Freddy Krueger ;)
I'm embarrassed that I didn't catch that reference...

Pulling back some, it seems weird that if Nintendo's plan was for a General in September that they started prepping in late July... That's kind of why I don't buy it. Even if you just take into consideration the notable Online maintenance, they started three weeks ago on July 20th and did it every week. That's like setting up the chairs for a wedding on a Saturday on a Monday. It seems waaaaaaaaay too preemptive if Nintendo's not going to squat on the proverbial pot until early September at the earliest.

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet

11) I was the one who came up the idea of Geno when time traveling to 1995 to stop the world from ending in 2000, and I told Fatman all about it.
12) I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I'm just dropping by occasionally, playing games, drawing, and waiting until it's time
13) oh goD MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY-

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I heard about CannonStreak CannonStreak leaving the Geno thread and I understand and respect his decision. Me and him didn't always agree on stuff, but I think he is a cool dude. Hopefully he comes back when Geno get's announced.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So... August 6th is gonna be when Nintendo's investor meeting takes place, right? And it's only about two or three days away, and we've still no announcements for anything, no Directs, no minis, no Partner Showcases, not even a Twitter drop...

... they're going into that meeting with just absolutely nothing planned for the rest of the year, aren't they?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
So... August 6th is gonna be when Nintendo's investor meeting takes place, right? And it's only about two or three days away...

... they're going into that meeting with just absolutely nothing, aren't they?
Investor: So what's your plan for this Holiday Season?
Nintendo: Well we're not putting out new games. But our already existing offering is strong enough and most people don't notice if we don't put out new games since our evergreen titles sells so well.
Investor: So you're just gonna sell more hardware?
Nintendo: Yes.
Investor: While... you have a Switch shortage.
Nintendo: ......

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So... August 6th is gonna be when Nintendo's investor meeting takes place, right? And it's only about two or three days away, and we've still no announcements for anything, no Directs, no minis, no Partner Showcases, not even a Twitter drop...

... they're going into that meeting with just absolutely nothing planned for the rest of the year, aren't they?
It's not a meeting I think, just a financial briefing for the first quarter. As in, releasing costs/revenue, sales numbers, ect. That being said I still don't know if I can see Nintendo going into that with literally ZERO games announced for the rest of the year but we'll have to see.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Yep, there's no Q&A, it's just sales numbers release. No Q&A.
(btw I just read a fake 4chan leak that perfectly lines up with all our speculation, leaks, signs, hints, but I don't think it's something)

D

Deleted member

This post isn't entirely related to Geno but i wanted to throw this out there.

I've been binge watching a show called The Owl House and while I was watching it, I noticed a Snorlax plush and a Solid Snake body pillow as part of "Human Collectibles" and I now want Geno to cameo in this show as a human realm collectible. Or at least something that resembles him.

Still pretty confident in Geno getting in too. Of course he isn't guaranteed but I've got a strong feeling he's in.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yep, there's no Q&A, it's just sales numbers release. No Q&A.
(btw I just read a fake 4chan leak that perfectly lines up with all our speculation, leaks, signs, hints, but I don't think it's something)
People browse this thread all the time from other sites just to find things to ****talk about us, it's both ridiculous and hillarious. Literally Rent-Free.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's not a meeting I think, just a financial briefing for the first quarter. As in, releasing costs/revenue, sales numbers, ect. That being said I still don't if I can see Nintendo going into that with literally ZERO games announced for the rest of the year but we'll have to see.
In order for that to happen, Nintendo would have to either one of two things...
  • Put out an announcement either today or tomorrow, for a Direct mini or some other presentation on either tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • Twitter-drop a game or some DLC sometime between now and Wednesday.
In fairness, neither outcome is necessarily out of the question (I believe Directs have been on Wednesdays before), but the fact that they're seriously waiting until the last second just to announce anything is just baffling to me... and that's without considering the possibility of going into that briefing with, again, absolutely nothing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People browse this thread all the time from other sites just to find things to ****talk about us, it's both ridiculous and hillarious. Literally Rent-Free.
I like the existential crisis people have when they realize that I'm married and have a Master's. There was a 4chan thread a few weeks ago someone sent to me where people were reeming on me and then someone casually mentioned I was married and it was like watching a car going 70 mph hit a brick wall. You could practically FEEL the mental stalling in the subsequent posts as people wrestled with the fact that I'm ****in' nuts but pretty well off in the grand scheme of things. It's glorious and I'm somewhat sad that my days as the Smash fandom Boogeyman is probably in its final month at most.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
So, I just had a talk with CannonStreak CannonStreak and he wanted me to tell you all he is leaving the thread.

While I don't agree with the message he was originally conveying, I do feel bad for him and I hope some people in here aren't too overly aggressive about some things in the near future, and I hope some people can be a bit nicer, because you never know whether or not it may hurt someone's feelings.
I don't think anyone was being overly aggressive. This guy just had an unpopular opinion and people responded accordingly.

Most people are just tired of being lectured on how they should behave as Geno fans. I don't believe SonicSmasher was attempting to lecture us, his intentions were good, but his posts could've definitely been seen that way.

I feel bad too, I don't think he should've left. He didn't do any harm, if anything, maybe the thread went off topic for a page which isn't a big deal. CannonStreak CannonStreak You are always welcome to come back, nobody hates you or anything.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I like the existential crisis people have when they realize that I'm married and have a Master's. There was a 4chan thread a few weeks ago someone sent to me where people were reeming on me and then someone casually mentioned I was married and it was like watching a car going 70 mph hit a brick wall. You could practically FEEL the mental stalling in the subsequent posts as people wrestled with the fact that I'm ****in' nuts but pretty well off in the grand scheme of things. It's glorious and I'm somewhat sad that my days as the Smash fandom Boogeyman is probably in its final month at most.
and the reveal of Geno would be the most satisfactory conclusion

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I don't think anyone was being overly aggressive. This guy just had an unpopular opinion and people responded accordingly.

Most people are just tired of being lectured on how they should behave as Geno fans. I don't believe SonicSmasher was attempting to lecture us, his intentions were good, but his posts could've definitely been seen that way.

I feel bad too, I don't think he should've left. He didn't do any harm, if anything, maybe the thread went off topic for a page which isn't a big deal. CannonStreak CannonStreak You are always welcome to come back, nobody hates you or anything.
Yeah I tried explaining that to him but he was just too upset over it. I just feel bad because no one should feel like they aren't welcomed here. Whether you are an optimist or a pessimist, I welcome anyone just as long as they are not a Geno detractor. I hope he has a change of heart and he will at least consider coming back, or hopefully when Geno get's revealed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So do you guys think Nintendo investigating their employees and staff over somebody potentially helping the hacker dump all those source codes from their servers onto the Internet could delay any upcoming Nintendo announcements? I picture the Giga leak situation being Nintendo's top priority right now as it's nothing small to look over by any means.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So do you guys think Nintendo investigating their employees and staff over somebody potentially helping the hacker dump all those source codes from their servers onto the Internet could delay any upcoming Nintendo announcements? I picture the Giga leak suggestion being Nintendo's top priority right now as it's nothing small to look over by any means.
No.
Might make it harder to get things out but it shouldn't delay anything, and if it does, not for long.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So I had some thoughts about the supposed September general Direct and wanted the thread's input on it. Wasn't there a memo sent out to third party companies a couple months ago saying not to send any direct footage until September? And doesn't it also take at least a few weeks to get the Direct video edited and ready to stream?

If this is true, I feel like any September Direct would only focus on first party games, and save the third party stuff for a later direct, possibly another Mini partner showcase or whatever. But then that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I feel like it would be more likely to have a first party direct showing off most of the rumors from this year in August and another direct in October or November for the third party games or alternatively just having a big direct with everything in August or October than the supposed September direct.

There's always the chance that Nintendo could have changed when they want third party direct footage to be sent over for editing but I just wanted to see what the thread's thoughts were on this.

domriver

Smash Lord
So, I just had a talk with CannonStreak CannonStreak and he wanted me to tell you all he is leaving the thread. -snip-

He was on this for a while now. I viewed the Newcomer thread now and then and he always asked opinions or what people think about the Geno thread etc... Though I do not believe for a minute that he will "not come back" into this thread. im sure he will be "lurking" or coming in to view what the "Geno" thread is talking about. Probably doing so now as I type this. Speaking of which did not this occur in Ridley's thread was it not similar or something to that extent?

So do you guys think Nintendo investigating their employees and staff over somebody potentially helping the hacker dump all those source codes from their servers onto the Internet could delay any upcoming Nintendo announcements? I picture the Giga leak situation being Nintendo's top priority right now as it's nothing small to look over by any means.
Im sure there are investigations and what not - but this should not deter anything regarding scheduling. This is just a civil matter - civil punishment is appropriate.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Maybe their legal department will be busier, maybe their network security. But the people that make the promotional videos and trailers like marketing and production and whatnot probably aren’t effected in the slightest. It’s not like Nintendo one day was like “Steve! Stop coding that game and put your detective hat on! We have some back tracing to do until we find who’s doin’ it!”

Any argument for them being tied up investigating doesn’t make sense because like any job or company ever, there are roles that people do and don’t have. Is someone’s workweek much longer now? Yeah, definitely. But definitely not the same people in charge of promoting their company.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
He was on this for a while now. I viewed the Newcomer thread now and then and he always asked opinions or what people think about the Geno thread etc... Though I do not believe for a minute that he will "not come back" into this thread. im sure he will be "lurking" or coming in to view what the "Geno" thread is talking about. Probably doing so now as I type this. Speaking of which did not this occur in Ridley's thread was it not similar or something to that extent?
Yeah I've seen him talk about that for a little while. The thing is, I do genuinely believe he is a nice guy and I think the only reason he's telling us to hype responsibly is because he does genuinely care about us and doesn't want to see us sad or disappointed if Geno doesn't get included, and I even told him I appreciate the concern. I do think its odd for him to ask the newcomer thread about us, but I think he just wants the general opinion from people outside of this thread about us.

Anyways, I can't help but feel bad about someone who always seemed happy to be here, only for us to make him wish he left, and I really feel awful about that.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

View attachment 281181View attachment 281182View attachment 281183

I haven't been paying attention, what happened with him?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So in a SMRPG sequel, should Smithy come back as the antagonist or should we get someone new who fits in as the antagonist? It would be cool if they did a Power Rangers thing and Smithy was like Rita Repulsa working for a higher more powerful threat insert antagonist/Lord Zedd.

I haven't been paying attention, what happened with him?
He left the Geno thread because people here was getting into a argument with him on hype responsibly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom