• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The thing is that doesn't make much sense to bring them back now when they barely lasted a year to begin with.
Uh oh, you jinxed it. Nintendo has been doing non stop "doesn't make sense" decisions and/or lack of decisions lately. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Uh oh, you jinxed it. Nintendo has been doing non stop "doesn't make sense" decisions and/or lack of decisions lately. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?
Look at the descriptions when you highlight them. They say series 1 or series 2 of amiibo cards, despite the fact all 4 series of Animal Crossing Amiibo cards are on the same page

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could they just be a new wave of Amiibo cards for New Horizons? I think I saw somewhere that the older cards were selling for considerable amounts online because people wanted certain villagers in their village. Maybe Nintendo is trying to cash in on the opportunity (bit late if you ask me though).
Except if you look at the page Amiibo card waves are listed as a full thing. This has 10 slots so, based on past precedent, only one of them would be based on Animal Crossing if true.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe just don’t care what other people on the internet think if you. We’re already as a group demonized when a single person writes something less than praising about another character compared to Geno and made the whipping boy for easy upvotes and likes on places like Reddit and Twitter. So why not express ourselves honestly when either way people are going to come up with their own narrative of the kinds of fans we are?
Yeah, the don't care about what others think is true. However, it probably won't be easy, for some. And I see that some caring of what others think as an inevitability...

.....Well, maybe mostly outside this topic, that is. Either way, about what I said: Just saying.

Or maybe I am the wrong person here to say what I said before. Mainly because...listen closely. It's time I made a confession: I don't care what anyone here thinks of me.

But I know that whether mostly outside this topic or if anyone in this topic does so, I do think it is inevitable some will care what others think of them. Maybe I am talking to the wrong people? Either way, what happens, I do still see inevitabilities here. I do care about the whole image of us Geno fans altogether, but it is true every one is different and not the same,. You should know the rest of all that.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Look at the descriptions when you highlight them. They say series 1 or series 2 of amiibo cards, despite the fact all 4 series of Animal Crossing Amiibo cards are on the same page
Nintendo: -Insert Don't Underestimate my Power Meme-

But all jokes asides, I am just so curious what this is all about. If only Nintendo had access to the internet in order to communicate with their customers us.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Does New Horizons currently have amiibo support?

Again, it could be that they're making amiibo cards for New Horizons... which, again, could mean something's coming sooner rather than later.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeah, the don't care about what others think is true. However, it probably won't be easy, for some. And I see that some caring of what others think as an inevitability...

.....Well, maybe mostly outside this topic, that is. Either way, about what I said: Just saying.

Or maybe I am the wrong person here to say what I said before. Mainly because...listen closely. It's time I made a confession: I don't care what anyone here thinks of me.

But I know that whether mostly outside this topic or if anyone in this topic does so, I do think it is inevitable some will care what others think of them. Maybe I am talking to the wrong people? Either way, what happens, I do still see inevitabilities here. I do care about the whole image of us Geno fans altogether, but it is true every one is different and not the same,. You should know the rest of all that.
Dude some people see Banjo fans as “toxic” because people with his picture in their pfp make stupid posts on twitter sometimes. It takes literally nothing for people to write off a fanbase due to a single example and a already present bias against them. Certain people on the internet are going to hate us no matter what we do or say because of the kind of character Geno is and the fact that he’s popular. People in this fandom donated a bunch of money to a children’s network for ****s sake. And did that move the needle an inch in terms of our reputation? Nope. So why not let people on a literal containment area for Geno friends express themselves either way as long as it doesn’t break the rules? It’s just so tiresome to see people come here and try to tone police or put us in our places when they aren’t doing that to other threads. That alone should show you it really doesn’t matter if we’re toxic or good boys and girls.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dude some people see Banjo fans as “toxic” because people with his picture in their pfp make stupid posts on twitter something. It takes literally nothing for people to write off a fanbase do to a single example and a already present bias against them. Certain people on the internet are going to hate us no matter what we do or say because of the kind of character Geno is and the fact that he’s popular. People in this fandom donated money to a children’s network for ****s sake. And did that move the needle an inch in terms of our reputation? Nope. So why not let people on a literal containment area for Geno friends express themselves either way as long as it doesn’t break the rules? It’s just so tiresome to see people come here and try to tone police or put us in our places when they aren’t doing that to other threads. That alone should show you it really doesn’t matter if we’re toxic or good boys and girls.
I wasn't trying to put anyone in their place. I was just expressing concern for reasons I explained. Please do not group me with the other people who have done this. This IS NOT an attempt to tell Geno fans what to do, nor is it trying to make them look bad and forget Geno or whatever. You are saying all this to the wrong kind of guy. I never meant any harm. Those who know they won't riot, or be toxic, fine, but then again, what I said was not to all Geno fans here. Never was. Just anyone who would possibly riot and in turn, make us look bad. So don't think I was generalizing as well.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I wasn't trying to put anyone in their place. I was just expressing concern for reasons I explained. Please do not group me with the other people who have done this. This IS NOT an attempt to tell Geno fans what to do, nor is it trying to make them look bad and forget Geno or whatever. You are saying all this to the wrong kind of guy. I never meant any harm. Those who know they won't riot, or be toxic, fine, but then again, what I said was not to all Geno fans here. Never was. Just anyone who would possibly riot and in turn, make us look bad. So don't think I was generalizing as well.
A lot of these points im making are not about you but other users who are pretty well known by this point to currently or in the past entered into the thread to tone police or put us in our place in a way they don’t other threads. No ones going to “riot” and even then if your idea of a riot is people being upset about something on the internet then buddy we’re perpetually in a riot whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm so tired of the hype responsibly bulls***. The fun about Smash is to get hype about all the possibilities we could see about this game. If we aren't getting hype, then literally what is the point of speculating? If I get my expectations too high, then I will personally take the L for that and that will be on me. Its not up for other people to tell me how to control my hype or excitement.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A lot of these points im making are not about you but other users who are pretty well known by this point to currently or in the past entered into the thread to tone police or put us in our place in a way they don’t other threads. No ones going to “riot” and even then if you’re idea of a riot is people being upset about something on the internet then buddy we’re perpetually in a riot whether we like it or not.
If it is not about me, why are you saying this to me? This is not going to go anywhere. We stopped about a page ago. Why did you even have to bring it back up? Either way, you don't know what my idea of a riot is. That said, if there was one, we could still try to reduce it as best as we can. There are ways to do even that. That was what I was trying to do.

Please, do not act like you or anyone else is the victim and that I am a bad guy. Why not let it go now? There was no need to bring it up in the first place. This is getting pointless, too.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Me when I pay the Toads in the crowd to solve the battle for me in Origami King:

I want Geno to be revealed yesterday.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
My god. Any posts after this about policing I will call the police to ask them to police your policing or police those tired of getting policed in policing irony.

Anyway, we are certainly on our way to reach minimum of 150K responses before Nintendo has a non crap post on Twitter.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hm. Y'all are a bit crazier than normal today huh?
Well, the fact there was a long period of maintenance on the Smash Bros website akin to what happened before the DQ Heroes and Banjo were announced will do that

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We should all let this go, now. There was never a point to continue this, anyway. I will say this. Saying something about hype policing does not mean bad intentions about controlling someone.

Now, about that site thing, there was trouble getting on the site last night?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
If it is not about me, why are you saying this to me? This is not going to go anywhere. We stopped about a page ago. Why did you even have to bring it back up? Either way, you don't know what my idea of a riot is. That said, if there was one, we could still try to reduce it as best as we can. There are ways to do even that. That was what I was trying to do.

Please, do not act like you or anyone else is the victim and that I am a bad guy. Why not let it go now? There was no need to bring it up in the first place. This is getting pointless, too.
You are the one who replied to me about a general post I made saying that people should be able to believe and say whatever they want about Geno and not care about people trying to get them to hype responsibly. If you don’t like my responses maybe you shouldn’t have engaged with me lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
We should all let this go, now. There was never a point to continue this, anyway. I will say this. Saying something about hype policing does not mean bad intentions about controlling someone.

Now, about that site thing, there was trouble getting on the site last night?
Yes, the site was down for a few hours and it was on all 3 versions of the site. You couldn't even access the characters without a direct link

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You are the one who replied to me about a general post I made saying that people should be able to believe and say whatever they want about Geno and not care about people trying to get them to hype responsibly. If you don’t like my responses maybe you shouldn’t have engaged with me lol
And you brought it back up before I replied. I simply wanted to make a correction to something you said, and you just went on to twist the words I said to make a big deal out of. Like I said, I meant no harm.

Yes, the site was down for a few hours and it was on all 3 versions of the site. You couldn't even access the characters without a direct link
Interesting. This could develop into something...

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I say we just take the site issues for what it clearly was, maintenance. It's happened before and it generally points to something happening soon. There's nothing more we can really get out of it without looking into stuff that really isn't there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
And you brought it back up before I replied. I simply wanted to make a correction to something you said, and you just went on to twist the words I said to make a big deal out of. Like I said, I meant no harm.

Interesting. This could develop into something...
I'll refer you to Fatman's posts on the matter
One of my confidants saw my earlier post about the Smash website last night and apparently him and one of his friends documented what all went down. I slept through it so I only heard about a little when my cats woke up me up because the ****heads decided 3am was breakfast time today. He mentioned I suck at censoring things so I'll just copy and paste and call him and his friend Sherlock and Watson:

Sherlock: "Good morning fatman. I didn't tell you this since i thought you would be told or notice it but when the smash website glitched it wasn't just not loading for some people but it was loading for some like me and Watson. When we got in there the banner was glitching, the question marks on unrevealed characters were gone. The fighters tab was completely inaccessible unless i used a direct link. Icons on the fighters page weren't loading. Display by series was glitching out for me and Watson."

"The "super mario" part wasn't loading for me lmao. For Watson it was donkey kong, zelda and star fox. The link to the smash website from nintendo's official website just wasn't even there."

"When you attempt to see the smash site from nintendo's website (last night):

View attachment 281102"

"It was like this from the EU and US sites as well for those who could get in. In my case i couldn't even ****ing click the fighters tab. For Watson the banner was mass glitching and duplicating (like when a new character is added). For me a part of the banner was missing (the ****ing part to the left of mario)."

(Screenshot that was shared online last night of said glitch)

View attachment 281103
Not at all. Last time the site glitched up this much was before they added Hero and Banjo. Based on everything Sherlock and Watson noticed, the following are probably fair conclusions to make:

-We're likely to soon be getting a newcomer from one, possibly more, preexisting series as many of the individual series pages were apparently under maintenance last night.

-The Smash banner will probably be updated with at least two characters fairly soon given the notable size of the glitch on the banner.

-Given how hard the fighter page flat out glitched out, at least one new series being added soon is a reasonable expectation too.

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Hey guys, I woke up today extremely optimistic about Geno getting in.

But don't worry, I went ahead and gave myself lashings for misbehavior. Now that I have been purged of my sin, I feel comfortable about posting here again.

So who else is cautiously neutral about Geno getting in?
225px-Neutral_President.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Saw this posted in the Newcomer thread...
So... sometime between the 11th and 22nd?
Obon is the 13th through the 16th so if this is true then we're likely literally waiting until the 20th for anything. Like I showed the other day, Nintendo really doesn't do global presentations in late August so it would just be kind of weird.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I woke up today extremely optimistic about Geno getting in.

But don't worry, I went ahead and gave myself lashings for misbehavior. Now that I have been purged of my sin, I feel comfortable about posting here again.

So who else is cautiously neutral about Geno getting in?View attachment 281172
I too am becoming neutral on Geno currently.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
That's something.
Also NateDrake on ResetEra just said this will be a "stop", which would mean not the big general Direct.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It’s normal and ok for people to disagree with you on the internet.
NO IT'S NOT.
nu uh, no it's not.

Sorry, that was a lob. If you see a lob, you spike it- that's just a rule.

So site was down for bit? I'm keeping calm but man do I want something to freak out over already. If I'm being honest though, Min Min still feels too recent. I know things got moved around I just remember how long I had to wait for ANYTHING when we were pre Byleth. Speaking of which, which sources called Byleth in advance?

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That's something.
Also NateDrake on ResetEra just said this will be a "stop", which would mean not the big general Direct.
Obon is the 13th through the 16th so if this is true then we're likely literally waiting until the 20th for anything. Like I showed the other day, Nintendo really doesn't do global presentations in late August so it would just be kind of weird.
It looks likelier and likelier that we have to wait for September, isn´t it....

Last edited:

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
Partner Direct on the 10th with No More Heroes 1 HD and No More Heroes 3, Doom Eternal with bonus Nintendo content, Bravely Default 2 and some random indie and boring third party from a well known studio is my current prediction

LDGno97

Smash Cadet
I too am becoming neutral on Geno currently.
Since 2018 I was really, REALLY optimistic.
2019 for me was like "Yeah, geno time......right?"
2020 and I'm feeling kinda neutral. I think he's got a nice chance, but, I'm aware of the possibilities
I won't be mad if he's a mii or just...a spirit. I just want him in the game, and get down of this ride.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It looks likelier and likelier that we have to wait for September, isn´t it....
Nate Drake hasn't always been accurate regarding Nintendo info, and a lot of stuff that has happened lately directly contradicts the idea of having to wait very far into August or September

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Nate Drake hasn't always been accurate regarding Nintendo info, and a lot of stuff that has happened lately directly contradicts the idea of having to wait very far into August or September
At this point, nothing would surprise me tbh

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
He also said no general Direct in August by the way. (combined with King Zell's no general Direct in H1 September, would mean no general Direct until H2 September)
But, yes, Nate could easily get things wrong.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm still in the boat of A. expecting a first-party shadowdrop for September sometime SOON. and B. getting another Partner Showcase sometime in August. I'm just being realistic and it doesn't seem like we are going to get a general direct until September at the earliest depending on how stuff plays out over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My personal theory is that Nintendo is intentionally waiting until September so they can say they went a full year without a general direct :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom