• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the hippo one had a beta enemy. Wiggler changes color, so I can see why it didn't get one. But yeah, there's a lot of options for easy ones. Also, the first guy was clearly remade for Paper Mario and kept in some of the games. I think the design was dropped once Sticker Star came around.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be too sure...

Anyways, I think now is the time to drop this.
This is the last time I'll speak on it too, but no one here who thinks Geno is a lock is showing any signs of being physically affected by a video game and vice versa especially in the last couple pages. I really do think this kind of stuff is unneeded

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is the last time I'll speak on it too, but no one here who thinks Geno is a lock is showing any signs of being physically affected by a video game and vice versa especially in the last couple pages. I really do think this kind of stuff is unneeded
Last time for me, too, but how can you tell who is or isn't showing that they are being affected from a computer far away from others? Think about it.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Which monsters didn't have pallete swaps? Well, if we include bosses, Culex certainly didn't
Most did, minus any "boss" ones that weren't part of the Smithy Gang (Talking about the "unpainted" ones at the end). PogoShy guys come to mind that did not ... hmmm.
EDIT: Saw red machine actually did the work to give us a list. Nice work.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Last time for me, too, but how can you tell who is or isn't showing that they are being affected from a computer far away from others? Think about it.
You just quoted that post with a question... I'll leave it there as I think it's pretty self explanatory with tone and the like.

D

Deleted member

Certain threads once again brigading this one. Why is this allowed? So many names I recognise.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Detractors: "lmao I can't believe people think CacoMallow is real. It's been 9 months, it is literally impossible to be real lol. Geno supporters gotta stop holding onto false evidence, they're just deluding themselves"
Also Detractors: "Here's how the spirits deconfirm rule is still in play"

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Now that that argument is out of the way, let me say something controversial so we can start a new one.

Fire Emblem: Bad.
Erdrick: Bad.
Terry: Not iconic.
Hype: Responsibly.
Geno: Sucks.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Welp. I am in the thought that the "hype yourself but not too much" has legitimacy to it.

If you go in expecting too little from something and nothing happens, you'll get what you expect and be done with it.

But if you go expecting too much from something and nothing happens, there'll be disappointment, sadness, anger and confusion.

In other words, both are valid but it's mostly on outside matters which are what makes one of these two difficult.

Do/think what you want BUT CONSIDER what could happen and what could lead from that.

Although, from what I saw on this page or the previous ones, puts it quite eloquently:

"THE GENO FANBASE GETS **** ON NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS."

So, at that point just do what you feel fits you better. But be wary of some places and opinions if you get easily upset.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Welp. I am in the thought that the "hype yourself but not too much" has legitimacy to it.

If you go in expecting too little from something and nothing happens, you'll get what you expect and be done with it.

But if you go expecting too much from something and nothing happens, there'll be disappointment, sadness, anger and confusion.

In other words, both are valid but it's mostly on outside matters which are what makes one of these two difficult.

Do/think what you want BUT CONSIDER what could happen and what could lead from that.

Although, from what I saw on this page or the previous ones, puts it quite eloquently:

So, at that point just do what you feel fits you better. But be wary of some places and opinions if you get easily upset.

That is exactly what I was trying to say, or kind of?...Or at least was worried about.

TheBeastHimself

In all seriousness, I understand this line of thinking, and I don't believe anyone from either side of the debate was coming at with any malice. It's just that people don't like being told what to do, and nobody is going to listen to someone over an internet forum. This is one of those matters that is out of anyone's control. If people want to act like 5 year olds, they have every right to.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In all seriousness, I understand this line of thinking, and I don't believe anyone from either side of the debate was coming at with any malice. It's just that people don't like being told what to do, and nobody is going to listen to someone over an internet forum. This is one of those matters that is out of anyone's control. If people want to act like 5 year olds, they have every right to.
I merely forgot about the bolded part. If only the right people for each person was around.....

Anyway, I am keeping this in mind in case there is a next time, provided that I don't start it myself for some reason, which I don't intend to start again, by the way.

TheBeastHimself

I merely forgot about the bolded part. If only the right people for each person was around.....

Anyway, I am keeping this in mind in case there is a next time, provided that I don't start it myself for some reason, which I don't intend to start again, by the way.
Nah don't worry I don't think you were doing anything wrong.

This isn't exclusive to this thread, or site, but for the most part, I feel like debates surrounding subjective topics can have their drawbacks just like anything else in life. 9/10x, the point you are trying to make will not reach the other person, and if it does, they aren't going to accept it. If two or more people are really set in their beliefs, it is incredibly hard to change someone's mind unless you can definitively prove someone wrong.

Debates can help keep someone's ego on life support. While they are helpful to prevent echo chambers or keep people grounded in reality, they typically devolve into a war of "I'm not admitting I'm wrong/I want the last word to prove I'm right." Especially when you're arguing about something subjective.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah don't worry I don't think you were doing anything wrong.

This isn't exclusive to this thread, or site, but for the most part, I feel like debates surrounding subjective topics can have their drawbacks just like anything else in life. 9/10x, the point you are trying to make will not reach the other person, and if it does, they aren't going to accept it. If two or more people are really set in their beliefs, it is incredibly hard to change someone's mind unless you can definitively prove someone wrong.

Debates can help keep someone's ego on life support. While they are helpful to prevent echo chambers or keep people grounded in reality, they typically devolve into a war of "I'm not admitting I'm wrong/I want the last word to prove I'm right." Especially when you're arguing about something subjective.
Thing is, it can be hard to change opinions and beliefs of others. That aside, even when something is true, or close to being it, as in being more likely, there is still the saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks.". The meaning? Pretty much what you said about others not listening and all. Somehow, though, at least the way I see it, they may have to learn, or they could go through much worse than if they didn't learn. But enough of that, it is sad that people don't want to listen to others, especially until when it may be too late.

TheBeastHimself

Thing is, it can be hard to change opinions and beliefs of others. That aside, even when something is true, or close to being it, as in being more likely, there is still the saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks.". The meaning? Pretty much what you said about others not listening and all. Somehow, though, at least the way I see it, they may have to learn, or they could go through much worse than if they didn't learn. But enough of that, it is sad that people don't want to listen to others, especially until when it may be too late.
I'll comment once more because we're gonna end up getting the thread sidetracked.

The way I see it, children are like clay. You can mold them easily. But by the time they are adults, the clay has hardened, so it's much more difficult to mold someone's beliefs. But then again, it's always a case by case scenario because everyone is different and some people are more receptive to listening to others, so what I just stated is not always correct. That's why it is important to treat everyone as individuals on a case by case basis.

Debates have their pros and cons like everything in life. At the end of the day, the point I want to make is that you shouldn't feel bad for getting your thoughts out there, even if nobody else agrees. It's important to be heard. At the same time, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions, so if someone says that you're full of ****, that is their right.

Communicating with other humans is hard work lol

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
I have a question for everyone seeing that discussions have started to quiet out.

Is Geno more popular in the West or the East?

Like you'd think that he'd be more popular in the East considering he was made by Japanese companies, but I've been looking around polls (both English and Japanese) and it appears as though Geno might have a bigger Western fan-base. I'm kinda unsure though, so I was wondering what you guys thought.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, as noted by the fact that the Smash website was down for a considerable amount of time combined with the large scale maintenance happening in less than 5 hours from now, it does give the impression that something is up

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll comment once more because we're gonna end up getting the thread sidetracked.

The way I see it, children are like clay. You can mold them easily. But by the time they are adults, the clay has hardened, so it's much more difficult to mold someone's beliefs. But then again, it's always a case by case scenario because everyone is different and some people are more receptive to listening to others, so what I just stated is not always correct. That's why it is important to treat everyone as individuals on a case by case basis.

Debates have their pros and cons like everything in life. At the end of the day, the point I want to make is that you shouldn't feel bad for getting your thoughts out there, even if nobody else agrees. It's important to be heard. At the same time, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions, so if someone says that you're full of ****, that is their right.

Communicating with other humans is hard work lol
You're quite right, even though when they do say things like that, that doesn't mean they are right.

Then again, nothing is ever that easy to begin with. You are right about people being molded easily as children compared to adults. Geez, man, sometimes, it can be hard to reason with others, and by sometimes, I mean more often than not.

That is all I have to say for this matter.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, as noted by the fact that the Smash website was down for a considerable amount of time combined with the large scale maintenance happening in less than 5 hours from now, it does give the impression that something is up
Maybe it has to do with the maintenance today? Just a thought. It may be unlikely given what happened before Banjo-Kazooie and Hero's reveals.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I have a question for everyone seeing that discussions have started to quiet out.

Is Geno more popular in the West or the East?

Like you'd think that he'd be more popular in the East considering he was made by Japanese companies, but I've been looking around polls (both English and Japanese) and it appears as though Geno might have a bigger Western fan-base. I'm kinda unsure though, so I was wondering what you guys thought.
He's about equal in both, it's just Japanese fans aren't quite as vocal as those in the West

7NATOR

Smash Master
He's about equal in both, it's just Japanese fans aren't quite as vocal as those in the West
I would add the caveat that Geno isn't as big in Europe though, due to SMRPG not being a thing there for a long while. but I would say he's equal in the other reigons

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
I would add the caveat that Geno isn't as big in Europe though, due to SMRPG not being a thing there for a long while. but I would say he's equal in the other reigons
Yeah, I've never heard another Australian bring up Geno to add to that. Probably for the same reason as well.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The new tab disappearing, the site glitching out yesterday, the maintenance today, those insiders seemingly "teasing" Geno a while back and then getting pissed about the Partner Showcase like the rest of us...

Nintendo can't stay silent forever. Something's got to give eventually, man.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, I'm curious about this:

https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/

10 slots and your typical Amiibo wave is 3-4 Amiibo meaning this could be Amiibos for at least 3 upcoming games. I doubt they're Smash because Sakurai has made a habit of only showing those in his presentations and we have enough at the moment to suggest 7's a September release.

MattX20

Smash Hero

10 slots and your typical Amiibo wave is 3-4 Amiibo meaning this could be Amiibos for at least 3 upcoming games. I doubt they're Smash because Sakurai has made a habit of only showing those in his presentations and we have enough at the moment to suggest 7's a September release.
You also must notice that bizarrely are written to say Animal Crossing Amiibo cards despite the fact they haven't made any new Amiibo cards since June of 2016.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Seriously. This is getting ... tiresome. Just show us something Nintendo!

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
You also must notice that bizarrely are written to say Animal Crossing Amiibo cards despite the fact they haven't made any new Amiibo cards since June of 2016.
Could they just be a new wave of Amiibo cards for New Horizons? I think I saw somewhere that the older cards were selling for considerable amounts online because people wanted certain villagers in their village. Maybe Nintendo is trying to cash in on the opportunity (bit late if you ask me though).

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hey everyone I just wanted you all to know that I think Geno has a pretty solid shot of making it in as DLC for Super Smash Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. I think this because of the other fan favorites who have made it in and how the rationalizations for why he couldn’t make it in have all with time fallen apart. Do you know what will happen if he doesn’t get in? I will probably be sad and even a little mad. And you know what? That’s perfectly ok!

It’s ok to have emotions about things you care about and to express those emotions in a constructive and nontoxic way! People trying to police emotions for whatever reason on this thread more than any other just kind of come out looking like hypocrites or people who have too much time on their hands. They don’t genuinely care about you getting mad or stressing yourself out. They just want to be there when you possibly get upset to chastise you and feel a small sense of superiority on the internet.

And if Geno does get in? They’ll pretend that he was an obvious choice or somehow a bad choice if he’s somehow not top tier or deemed by the community as “lame” (see Banjo). So just go on being hopeful about him. Doesn’t matter if you’re 100% sure or 10 percent sure he’s getting in. Because either way it’ll be a disappointment if he doesn’t make the cut or a moment of excitement if he does. So why not be hype?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Am I the only one that would want this song to not be remixed if it gets into Smash? All of the little sounds in this song just perfectly encompasses the spirit of Mario RPG. Or if it is remixed, I'd want the original song in Smash as well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Datboigeno Datboigeno That was not an attempt to police, just concern or trying to be helpful...at least, on my part.

That said, it is perfectly okay to be mad. It's the reaction to our reactions for others I am worried about.

That aside, I will be happy if Geno gets in. I am in no hurry for the next Direct, or the last fighter of the pass if that is Geno, but I grew up with Super Mario RPG as one of the games I played back then. He has a chance, and I would like to see him.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Could they just be a new wave of Amiibo cards for New Horizons? I think I saw somewhere that the older cards were selling for considerable amounts online because people wanted certain villagers in their village. Maybe Nintendo is trying to cash in on the opportunity (bit late if you ask me though).
The thing is that doesn't make much sense to bring them back now when they barely lasted a year to begin with.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Datboigeno Datboigeno That was not an attempt to police, just concern or trying to be helpful...at least, on my part.

That said, it is perfectly okay to be mad. It's the reaction to our reactions for others I am worried about.

That aside, I will be happy if Geno gets in. I am in no hurry for the next Direct, or the last fighter of the pass if that is Geno, but I grew up with Super Mario RPG as one of the games I played back then. He has a chance, and I would like to see him.
Maybe just don’t care what random people on the internet think of you based on your association with the fandom of a fictional character. We’re already as a group demonized when a single person writes something less than praising about another character compared to Geno and made the whipping boy for easy upvotes and likes on places like Reddit and Twitter just by existing. So why not express ourselves honestly when either way people are going to come up with their own narrative of the kinds of fans we are?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom