• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Correction, we are not throwing tantrums now. Wait until the time comes for whoever may be revealed as Fighter 7 or 8, and how we might react if it isn't Geno.

And yeah, we are concerned.
Lecturing the thread on some hypothetical future assuming a group of users who haven’t been throwing tantrums will start doing that?

zzzzzz i am not accepting visitors past my bedtime

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lecturing the thread on some hypothetical future assuming a group of users who haven’t been throwing tantrums will start doing that?

zzzzzz i am not accepting visitors past my bedtime
Now that is just not right, and rather not mature. Plus, it is not now we are talking about.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Read up a bit, and most of the messages I'd want to quote are so far back now that I can't find them. I, instead, won't be quoting any messages.

Building an echo chamber is never a good idea. Dismissing anyone who doesn't believe Geno is a lock as hate isn't smart. I would love to see Geno included, I could write multiple essays on the topic of him specifically, but I know that it is always healthy to stay skeptical. That's something I've never seen from this community in the almost decade I've followed it, good health. Geno's chances are looking good, but they aren't looking infallible. This isn't Ken, there will never be another Ken. How many of you are prepared to accept this as another set of coincidences akin to Isaac or Shadow? Just remember to have fun and stay a healthy community!

Boshi for Fighter's Pass 2! :ultpacman:
It's internet speculation in one tiny corner of the internet. It's not that deep, fam. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think Geno is 100% guaranteed. But if I did, so what? I can handle being wrong. I'll probably piss and moan a bit, but I'll get over it. That's life. It's a character in a videogame, and I've got too much else to worry about to let that become the singular focus of my attention. TL;DR. Who cares, we're gonna catch **** either way.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You literally JUST said it dude. It is true.

Let others post and enjoy however the **** they want to within the rules of the website, it’s THAT simple. If someone breaks a rule a mod will step in. Stay in your own lane.
First off, please do not act like that towards me. Just because you do something doesn't mean it won't be met with criticism. This also is not driving. People get into others "lanes" all the time.

Second, don't try to defend others when you are speaking moreso for yourself. You can't speak for everyone, ya know. You are also just being defensive here. No need to do so. We're just trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
I’ve been wondering; after Bethesda and Vault Boy, what other big companies would make sense for a Mii costume, but not a fighter(at least for FPv2)?

Off the top of my head I can see
-Valve
-Arc System Works
-Spike Chunsoft

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Trolling/bait
First off, please do not tell me what to do. Just because you do something doesn't mean it won't be met with criticism. This also is not driving. People get into others "lanes" all the time.

Second, don't try to defend others when you are speaking moreso for yourself. You can't speak for everyone, ya know. You are also just being defensive here. No need to do so. We're just trying to be helpful.
So your response to me asking you to not tell others what to do is “Do not tell me what to do”

“Hype responsibly though”

Zzzzzzz

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So your response to me asking you to not tell others what to do is “Do not tell me what to do”

“Hype responsibly though”

Zzzzzzz
See, you are doing it again the zzzzzz part. If you don't like it, just ignore it. There is nothing wrong with telling others to hype responsibly. It's just that you see that as a "threat" to wanting Geno.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
See, you are doing it again the zzzzzz part. If you don't like it, just ignore it. There is nothing wrong with telling others to hype responsibly. It's just that you see that as a "threat" to wanting Geno.
... seriously? You really don't see the irony in policing people's hype over wanting a character in Smash, then when someone responds back telling you to stop, your response is "Don't tell me what to do!" despite literally telling people what to do earlier?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
... seriously? You really don't see the irony in policing people's hype over wanting a character in Smash, then when someone responds back telling you to stop, your response is "Don't tell me what to do!" despite literally telling people what to do earlier?
That was a suggestion. Not telling others what to do. You are just being defensive, again. I am only trying to help, but I can't honestly do anything about it if you don't listen. Not that you have to, but this not policing.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys, let's just cool our heads. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: everyone on Smashboards has characters we want and characters we don't want. For now, let's just speculate and not argue.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, let's just cool our heads. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: everyone on Smashboards has characters we want and characters we don't want. For now, let's just speculate and not argue.
I am already cool, bu I agree. We should continue........to speculate, that is.

Firox

Smash Master
Geno is cool. I would love it if he got into Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. Plus I think his chances are relatively good considering the various factors we've taken into consideration.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
"For 5 minutes... could you not 'remind' people that Geno isn't a 100% guarantee?"
IMG_20200710_234125.jpg

"FOR 5 MINUTES?!"

D

Deleted member

Geno is cool. I would love it if he got into Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. Plus I think his chances are relatively good considering the various factors we've taken into consideration.
Geno is ****ing pants splittingly rad. I will love it when he gets into Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. Plus, I think his chances are ****ing 110% considering the various factors we've taken into consideration.

I am going to ultra dunk on the haters as soon as that reveal video drops, or I am going to post my disappointment and simply vanish into the aether.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I honestly see it as the same way as smoking. Not a single smoker on the planet doesn't know that it's terrible for you. I smoke a pipe, probably once a month when the weather is right. Half drunk with a pipe in the corner of my mouth, a stomach full of good food, and being surrounded by good friends around a roaring bonfire is one of the best feelings in the world. I don't need to be told that smoking (and drinking) is bad. I know. I've accepted the risks just like anything else. Obviously, I've full on experienced the unironic consequences (like Serenade said, the liquid ****ting audacity) of supporting Geno for so long. Not a single person here isn't aware of the risks and is more concerned about enjoying themselves while the ride lasts. We like this community, we like Geno, and we have a good time. That's what matters most to us.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Considering how bad detractors have been obsessing over Geno, perhaps the hype police should be less concerned over how Geno supporters react if Geno isn't in and focus more on the reactions of detractors should he get in.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I ****ing hate Geno. He's the reason Geno fans exist and he should be tried at the Hague for that.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Talking about direct dates:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Zanuff2Chipp/status/1288850729931878400

This guy says there is a mini direct coming in 1 week, it will very similar to last partner showcase but with (some?) first party announcements, including a promising 2nd party title. He tolds us to expect something short (like 10-15 minutes) but with good announcements. Not everything has to be new games, it can be something like Bravely Default 2 release date or more NMH3 footage (and NMH 1 remaster announcement). Its highly likely that it will not include Smash Bros news.

He also says to expect next General Direct for September, King Zell said that next general direct won’t be in first half of September. So connecting both ideas, it seems that the first full Direct of the year will be on the second half of september, probably around 20th.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman

This guy says there is a mini direct coming in 1 week, it will very similar to last partner showcase but with (some?) first party announcements, including a promising 2nd party title. He tolds us to expect something short (like 10-15 minutes) but with good announcements. Not everything has to be new games, it can be something like Bravely Default 2 release date or more NMH3 footage (and NMH 1 remaster announcement). Its highly likely that it will not include Smash Bros news.

He also says to expect next General Direct for September, King Zell said that next general direct won’t be in first half of September. So connecting both ideas, it seems that the first full Direct of the year will be on the second half of september, probably around 20th.
Guy's a rando.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
If you don't like people being hyped, just ignore it. There is nothing wrong with people being excited

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I honestly see it as the same way as smoking. Not a single smoker on the planet doesn't know that it's terrible for you. I smoke a pipe, probably once a month when the weather is right. Half drunk with a pipe in the corner of my mouth, a stomach full of good food, and being surrounded by good friends around a roaring bonfire is one of the best feelings in the world. I don't need to be told that smoking (and drinking) is bad. I know. I've accepted the risks just like anything else. Obviously, I've full on experienced the unironic consequences (like Serenade said, the liquid ****ting audacity) of supporting Geno for so long. Not a single person here isn't aware of the risks and is more concerned about enjoying themselves while the ride lasts. We like this community, we like Geno, and we have a good time. That's what matters most to us.
I don't think that is the same case here between smoking/drinking and wanting a character in a game. You can do it if you want, but smoking and drinking aren't necessarily the best of habits, and could kill. Geno is another story, of something not as important like a video game. That aside, I don't think you realize the consequence that may happen if you are overconfident about a character to such a high degree if he is not in. And you can't speak for everyone, too.

This is not saying you should stop with supporting Geno, or tell you what to do. I am just trying to help you see a bigger picture of reality, like I have been doing with the last few pages.

Considering how bad detractors have been obsessing over Geno, perhaps the hype police should be less concerned over how Geno supporters react if Geno isn't in and focus more on the reactions of detractors should he get in.
There was, or is no hype police. Telling people to keep expectations in check is not the same as a command or order. It is not even the same as telling one to clean one's room when they don't want to. People who say hype responsibly are trying to be helpful. The rest, of course is up to you.

If you don't like people being hyped, just ignore it. There is nothing wrong with people being excited
It's not the excitement that I am worried about, it is what bad may come out of it, even if not everyone does the same thing. There is a difference.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna believe this until I see more proof. I want to have hope for news soon but the realist in me says no.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

literally WHOMST

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
There was, or is no hype police. Telling people to keep expectations in check is not the same as a command or order. It is not even the same as telling one to clean one's room when they don't want to. People who say hype responsibly are trying to be helpful. The rest, of course is up to you.

It's not the excitement that I am worried about, it is what bad may come out of it, even if not everyone does the same thing. There is a difference.
It isn't any of your concern how people may hypothetically react to something that's entirely out of your control. Mind your own business

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It isn't any of your concern how people may hypothetically react to something that's entirely out of your control. Mind your own business
Doesn't mean you have to get defensive about it. I just don't want to see overwhelming negativity or backlash from Geno possibly being a no show, but it is not like I am trying to control others here. Just because it's not one's business, doesn't mean they can't get involved, or in this case, try to help out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can we please just move on? This is going nowhere.

Now for a more fruitful discussion idea; what monsters didn't have palette swaps in Super Mario RPG? You could possibly give them new ones for a sequel/remake. It's an easy monster idea, after all.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Because we were all thinking about Timed Hits as Geno's gimmick, the star meter would have to go somewhere. And while it would probably just pop up above his head, I feel like it could also be put on the UI so, here, for you all
GenoUI.png

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Doesn't mean you have to get defensive about it. I just don't want to see overwhelming negativity or backlash from Geno possibly being a no show, but it is not like I am trying to control others here. Just because it's not one's business, doesn't mean they can't get involved, or in this case, try to help out.
People are going to react negatively regardless of whether or not they choose type excited posts in the thread. No one in the entire history of Smash speculation has ever read "hype responsibly" and thought "well shucks, I better calm down. Thank you, anonymous forum poster. I'm incapable of regulating my own emotions without needing constant reassurance that the thing I'm hoping happens may not actually happen" It's a waste of time, it's annoying to read, it accomplishes nothing, and it's the same identical post every time it's posted. Just give it up

MattX20

Smash Hero

Now for a more fruitful discussion idea; what monsters didn't have palette swaps in Super Mario RPG? You could possibly give them new ones for a sequel/remake. It's an easy monster idea, after all.
Which monsters didn't have pallete swaps? Well, if we include bosses, Culex certainly didn't

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People are going to react negatively regardless of whether or not they choose type excited posts in the thread. No one in the entire history of Smash speculation has ever read "hype responsibly" and thought "well shucks, I better calm down. Thank you, anonymous forum poster. I'm incapable of regulating my own emotions without needing constant reassurance that the thing I'm hoping happens may not actually happen" It's a waste of time, it's annoying to read, it accomplishes nothing, and it's the same identical post every time it's posted. Just give it up
There is no reason not to try. And no one said anyone is incapable of doing anything. Also, just because it has been said before never makes it any less true. I am just concerned for the image of this Geno fanbase as if we act this way, as others will laugh at us. Sure, we aren't the only fanbase that does it, but there are far less intense fanbases out there. Please do not get defensive over this. I could care less of how you feel in the end, but I am just trying to help out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which monsters didn't have pallete swaps? Well, if we include bosses, Culex certainly didn't
Bosses could easily get one too, though I guess that'd work as an even tougher bonus boss, one you'd need to be max level and the best items to beat. ...And RNG in your favor.

I think the other bosses already did anyway, and a few enemies. Like those Pogo Stick Shy Guys. Shyster, I think. I haven't played in ages.

...I guess they thought it through with a swap per monster. Which is good. I like seeing consistency in that way. >.>;

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Yeah, I think calling the summer a wash and looking at September as the absolute earliest we're going to get back to a "standard" schedule for Directs feels pretty realistic. A small presentation this month to maybe actually suggest there's more games coming this year? Sure, but if this spring and summer hasn't taught people to considerably lower their expectations for significant Nintendo news then you have a faith far greater faith than I.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I've seen this brought up time and time again, and the same response from pretty much every user in the thread is 'it's a character not showing up in a fighting game'. The only negative responses that will come is that of those who are just trolling and make a smashboards account just to make a trolly post about him not being present. It's really not needed here as the people who are overhyping are gonna be fine. The others are keeping their expectations in check and the others are just trolls. It may happen on Twitter or something but almost definitely not here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've seen this brought up time and time again, and the same response from pretty much every user in the thread is 'it's a character not showing up in a fighting game'. The only negative responses that will come is that of those who are just trolling and make a smashboards account just to make a trolly post about him not being present. It's really not needed here as the people who are overhyping are gonna be fine. The others are keeping their expectations in check and the others are just trolls. It may happen on Twitter or something but almost definitely not here.
I wouldn't be too sure...

Anyways, I think now is the time to drop this.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice

These are the only monsters (bosses not included) that didn't have palette swaps:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom