• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, while this poll may look impressive with 22,000 votes, I'm really questioning the legitimacy when Heavy from TF2 is #1. He is obscure as all hell from a general gamer perspective considering that he's only one of many roles from a "hero" shooter that's 13 years old. Don't get me wrong, people could argue Geno is in the same boat, but when you compare the ease and diversity of their potential movesets, it's hardly a contest. To be honest, if this poll is seriously legit then I have some dire concerns as to the taste of the general gaming community. LOL The fact that Goku got voted in the top 50 despite Sakurai saying VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS ONLY is proof that people are dumb as a brick. Sometimes it really is a godsend that Sakurai doesn't listen to the crack-headed masses.
what do you mean "could argue geno is in the same boat"?

geno is objectively worse off. hell, the heavy is far more of an iconic game character than geno is. all of the classes in tf2 are iconic compared to geno. i dont think it's much of a contest.
and even if tf2 really doesn't receive real content updates in the future, the last tf2 update was october of 2017
the last smrpg game to release was may of 1996.

i think you need to make sure you really know what "obscure" means, because despite how much people cling to and like him, he is literally the example picture for obscure

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeahhhhhh....

Calling Heavy or any TF2 character obscure is... one of the worst takes I've heard in a long time.

TF2 had 50 million unique Steam players in 2018 (it's more now, but I can't find current data, also there are more players from console versions). That's one game, and its only 10 million units away from more units sold than the entire Smash series. Really though, Geno fans, shouldn't people be arguing that being obscure doesn't matter? Heck there are even Sakurai quotes to back it up. I mean, going off on other characters for being obscure when Geno last appeared in 1996 makes one look hypocritical.

Also leave Heavy alone. He is good boy.

Last edited:

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
ALL WHO BULLYING HEAVY NOTHING BUT TRAITORS TO MOTHERLAND!
Kinda ironic, considering Heavy's father was a counter-revolutionary and Heavy himself violently broke his family out of a gulag, lol

I'm a huge TF2 fan and the idea of Heavy, or any Valve character, getting into Smash Bros. is absolutely ludicrous. None of Valve's series have had any presence on Nintendo systems or connection to Nintendo whatsoever. People do note that rules like this are broken all the time, but this one hasn't been broken yet. Cloud and Joker have had appearances on Nintendo consoles, albeit minimal, and their respective franchises had large footprints in the Nintendo scene. If Sakurai breaks the Nintendo rule, it won't be for the mascot of a 13-year old class-based shooter, and if Valve had a shot at a Smash Bros. rep, they certainly wouldn't use it for a game they haven't bothered updating for almost 3 years.

Geno may be obscure, but at least he can claim paying homage for a classic and remembered Nintendo game.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
There's some arguments that other characters are oddly placed as well, but I think what people forget is "largest poll ever" means he's going to advertise it practically everywhere too. Sony characters? Makes sense, since he's just trying to get opinions.

I feel if a neutral party started the poll on a different twitter, Heavy wouldn't be that high(since it's a TF2 twitter). My guess is Heavy is one of the most requested for Smash, so some are akin to meme-like voting. The ones they think would be a more popular vote, not who they actually want. Of course, there's no denying people want him in Smash too. I'd say it's odd Master Chief is so low, but when you consider that people still think a Nintendo appearance is required(and let's be real, not all will count a partial Minecraft cameo, as it's a costume resembling him, not the character himself being in), it starts to fit. There's also ones who you'd think be a little higher, like Agumon, due to being from a far bigger franchise than some, but then some don't actually know it started as a video game too. Goku is pretty low voted too despite obviously having no real chance.

What people want and think will happen is a big issue. Many ignore rules or try to impose one on themselves for these polls. So to be honest, beyond the subreddit bit, I feel this is a rather authentic poll over all.
Except TF2 doesn't even have skin on any Nintendo system, so your argument doesn't stand up.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Kinda ironic, considering Heavy's father was a counter-revolutionary and Heavy himself violently broke his family out of a gulag, lol

I'm a huge TF2 fan and the idea of Heavy, or any Valve character, getting into Smash Bros. is absolutely ludicrous. None of Valve's series have had any presence on Nintendo systems or connection to Nintendo whatsoever. People do note that rules like this are broken all the time, but this one hasn't been broken yet. Cloud and Joker have had appearances on Nintendo consoles, albeit minimal, and their respective franchises had large footprints in the Nintendo scene. If Sakurai breaks the Nintendo rule, it won't be for the mascot of a 13-year old class-based shooter, and if Valve had a shot at a Smash Bros. rep, they certainly wouldn't use it for a game they haven't bothered updating for almost 3 years.

Geno may be obscure, but at least he can claim paying homage for a classic and remembered Nintendo game.
There are no clear rules, just things we THINK are rules.

(Also, counter-revolution-ism does not always mean anti-Russian nationalism, Although it wouldn't surprise me if Valve made his character anti-communist to make him "Okay" in the west. Still, I concede I don't know enough about Heavy's lore. to say for sure.)

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
There were rumors going around the Orange Box would come out for Switch, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. That said, Heavy 100% is not coming in this DLC pack. What an insane idea. He isn't even close to the type of characters we have been getting for this DLC, and even if TF2 is popular in Japan or Sakurai is aware of him I don't think he's at the top of the list of recommendations from Nintendo or characters Sakurai is salivating over.

Follow Occam's Razor guys: the poll was skewed. When have you ever seen Heavy have a presence on any previous ballot, poll, or fan discussion with that level of popularity? It is clear as day that it was shared amongst a TF2 fan group from a TF2 Twitter account, which right then and there shows a huge bias in the people voting on the poll. Every other ballot we've ever had where Heavy makes an appearance he's pretty far down. I think this ballot grossly overrepresents his demand in the speculation community. Unfortunately, we are probably now going to get some strong confirmation bias as people suddenly start to think he is a likely character based on this ballot. Heavy for Smash 6 will be trending in a few years, I'd put money on it. Great:facepalm:

Edit: The fact that Geno placed pretty high in a ballot that was likely shared amongst not just diehards like us is pretty cool. So maybe he too got some pretty hard confirmation bias over the past 12 years, with people more and more saying he is inevitable as he continues to gain notoriety and pop up on polls we've had since at least Brawl. I'm not kidding about Heavy being demanded for next game either, bc I would not be shocked if this ballot makes Heavy one of the frontrunners for speculation on the next game. People will slowly forget the story behind the ballot and just refer back to it as fact over the next few years, and people who don't do their research will just start to believe that he's a super likely character everybody wants. This community in general relies heavily on fan ballots to gauge where characters are at, and we're pretty sure Sakurai does notice these polls too. IMO, the internet may have just memed Heavy into the next game and I don't even know what to think :mybodyisreggie:

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Well actually, there's a game called Bridge Constructor Portal on the Switch which is a spin-off of the Portal series. It's not TF2, but it shows that Valve is interested in the Switch.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-overwatch-blizzard-nintendo-switch-dlc/

So Blizzard had an interview where they said they wanted a character in Smash, but it's sort of implied we aren't getting one. They even suggested Doomfist as the rep which is kind of hilarious. I think this may be another feather in Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's speculation cap that our Western character will be Chief, since we can finally lay the Overwatch in Smash rumors to bed. Now we just need somebody to rip apart the LoL rumors.

Awkwah

Smash Apprentice
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-overwatch-blizzard-nintendo-switch-dlc/

So Blizzard had an interview where they said they wanted a character in Smash, but it's sort of implied we aren't getting one. They even suggested Doomfist as the rep which is kind of hilarious. I think this may be another feather in Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's speculation cap that our Western character will be Chief, since we can finally lay the Overwatch in Smash rumors to bed. Now we just need somebody to rip apart the LoL rumors.

Nah, the LoL rumors aren't bad. Personally I rather have LoL than Chief or Geno as it could be a wild ride with the amount of content they could bring.

But right now the hot topics are Geno then followed by Master Chief. After FP7 is announced, I might just wander back over to the Ahri board. LoL has more merit for coming to the pass compared to WoW or OW.

It's not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with how big LoL is. But if it gets in over Geno, then I will scratch my head.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Geno and Master Chief in the same game would've been a mindblowingly impossible concept over a decade ago.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except TF2 doesn't even have skin on any Nintendo system, so your argument doesn't stand up.
Except it still does.

Because you're trying to think it fits every single character the same way.

Heavy's votes were always going to be skewed in this poll due to context. Master Chief had no chance in coming close. It's a Team Fortress 2 twitter as is. Of course Heavy is going to get more votes by default, and this poll was constantly shown its results, and people constantly vote for the ones they think will win, not ones they want. In addition, somebody else posted it on the Team Fortress 2 Subreddit, which means they want that franchise to win, making it more skewed.

Some people not voting for Master Chief cause he doesn't have a normal Nintendo appearance =/= same people who voted for Heavy in a poll that was going to have some clear bias due to context. The situations couldn't be more different. If it was a Halo-focused twitter, Master Chief would've been effectively where Heavy was before the subreddit stuff in terms of massive votes.

Not every fan will vote the same in the same situation. That's not how reality works. Everybody has different reasons for voting.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what fatmanonice thinks about steve

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Every poll is going to have its own set of biases depending on the audience it reaches. If you asked for the most-wanted character on here, Reddit, GameFAQs, Twitter, ResetEra, etc., you'd get a different response as the most popular choice for each site, and even then, it depends on which Twitter account's asking, which section of the forum it's posted in, etc.

In this case, as far as I can tell, it's a Twitter account that's normally based on Team Fortress, so of course a Team Fortress character was going to win, or at least do much better than they would in any other poll. It's like asking this thread who their most-wanted character is - even if it's not Geno for every single user, the results are still going to be heavily weighted towards Geno.

I feel like it's best to go by consistency. Admittedly, there might be overlap in terms of who votes in any given Smash poll, but if characters like Waluigi, Steve, and Geno rate highly in a bunch of different polls, that seems to be a sign of their popularity. (at least among the people who are willing to find and vote in Smash polls - not sure how well it indicates popularity among more casual/younger fans)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

geno is objectively worse off. hell, the heavy is far more of an iconic game character than geno is. all of the classes in tf2 are iconic compared to geno. i dont think it's much of a contest.
and even if tf2 really doesn't receive real content updates in the future, the last tf2 update was october of 2017

i think you need to make sure you really know what "obscure" means, because despite how much people cling to and like him, he is literally the example picture for obscure
Firstly, by "same boat", I meant that both characters are relatively unknown to the general public. If you were to ask random people who Heavy was from TF2, most would look at you cockeyed. This isn't the case with household names like Mario, Sonic, several of the Pokemon, etc.

As for Heavy's supposed "iconic" status, your bias here is pretty hilarious. I mean, the character doesn't even have a proper name FFS. The characters from Overwatch are much more well known and distinguished in the "hero" shooter genre, and this is FACT. If it wasn't, you would have had Heavy in Ready Player One instead of Tracer, etc. It doesn't matter if the last update to TF2 was three years ago, Heavy is not "iconic" outside of those that played his game and especially not within the Smash fanbase which brings me to my next point.

The SMASH fanbase. The very fact that so many people within Smash speculation are scratching their heads over Heavy is proof that the general Smash base never really thought much of him. Now, people on here have talked about the sometimes sheltered nature of the "smash bubble", but I'd like to point out that it's that smash bubble that Sakurai and his team are most interested in appealing to. Not a bunch of randos online that think a dude with a minigun would make for a good smash character. I love how people are always so hellbent on a particular character that they never even consider what it would be like to actually PLAY said character in Smash. Think about it. If Heavy were to be a character, he'd be a big, slow *ahem* heavy whose primary method of fighting would be simply spam machine gun fire at people. Yeah, not exactly the most colorful addition.

Now let's look at Geno. He heralded arguably the best and most unique Mario RPG spin-off ever made. His entire body is a swiss army knife of guns and weapons including finger bullets, rocket arms, elbow cannons, star guns and a wide assortment of flashy energy attacks. Then throw in a smaller frame and higher speed and you've got yourself a formidable zoner. Sure he was from only one game released in 1996, but remember that "Smash bubble"? He's got a significant following within Smash fandom and Sakurai/Nintendo KNOW IT. The fact that Geno has already earned himself a Mii costume and a spirit is further proof of that. Let me ask you, what TF2 spirits exist in Smash Ultimate? How about ATs? Costumes? Where was Heavy on the official Smash ballot? Yeah, if you've got a thing for Heavy, all power to you, but don't question my understanding of "obscure" when you haven't got a clue.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Except it still does.

Because you're trying to think it fits every single character the same way.

Heavy's votes were always going to be skewed in this poll due to context. Master Chief had no chance in coming close. It's a Team Fortress 2 twitter as is. Of course Heavy is going to get more votes by default, and this poll was constantly shown its results, and people constantly vote for the ones they think will win, not ones they want. In addition, somebody else posted it on the Team Fortress 2 Subreddit, which means they want that franchise to win, making it more skewed.

Some people not voting for Master Chief cause he doesn't have a normal Nintendo appearance =/= same people who voted for Heavy in a poll that was going to have some clear bias due to context. The situations couldn't be more different. If it was a Halo-focused twitter, Master Chief would've been effectively where Heavy was before the subreddit stuff in terms of massive votes.

Not every fan will vote the same in the same situation. That's not how reality works. Everybody has different reasons for voting.
You were implying that Heavy would've been in 2nd or 3rd place. If Nintendo appearance bothered people so much, their bias shouldn't have factored in polling regardless of who started the poll. I have to disagree with this poll being authentic as there was sudden influx of votes on Heavy within last few days.
If you want to talk about authentic votes, look at source gaming poll.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see the pac but the guys over at Blizzard have probably become the company who have singlehandedly said they wanted a certain character/series of theirs in the most. This must be at least the 3rd time.
Blizzard/Activision wants content in Smash but says the characters on the Blizzard side probably won't be playable? I wonder who they have in mind then?
978165_full.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Geno is playable, hopefully he's character 7 or 8. Not just to have the ability to play him sooner, but Smash speculation is going to get worse and worse as those character openings dwindle down. People will get more defensive, gatekeeping will become more rampant and fan rules will get dumber. Fanbases will be at each other's throats. That's why I hope if Geno's playable, he's sooner than later. Grab him and get the hell out of the ensuing fan disaster.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Yeah as much as I want Geno, I think its silly to compare the obscurity of characters from a game that was one of the top played games for its time vs. a character from a 24 year old game that had one major appearance. I'm not saying obscurity is bad, hence why I wouldn't be supporting Geno, but in terms of obscurity, Geno EASILY trumps a TF2 character in that regard.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Firstly, by "same boat", I meant that both characters are relatively unknown to the general public. If you were to ask random people who Heavy was from TF2, most would look at you cockeyed. This isn't the case with household names like Mario, Sonic, several of the Pokemon, etc.

As for Heavy's supposed "iconic" status, your bias here is pretty hilarious. I mean, the character doesn't even have a proper name FFS. The characters from Overwatch are much more well known and distinguished in the "hero" shooter genre, and this is FACT. If it wasn't, you would have had Heavy in Ready Player One instead of Tracer, etc. It doesn't matter if the last update to TF2 was three years ago, Heavy is not "iconic" outside of those that played his game and especially not within the Smash fanbase which brings me to my next point.

The SMASH fanbase. The very fact that so many people within Smash speculation are scratching their heads over Heavy is proof that the general Smash base never really thought much of him. Now, people on here have talked about the sometimes sheltered nature of the "smash bubble", but I'd like to point out that it's that smash bubble that Sakurai and his team are most interested in appealing to. Not a bunch of randos online that think a dude with a minigun would make for a good smash character. I love how people are always so hellbent on a particular character that they never even consider what it would be like to actually PLAY said character in Smash. Think about it. If Heavy were to be a character, he'd be a big, slow *ahem* heavy whose primary method of fighting would be simply spam machine gun fire at people. Yeah, not exactly the most colorful addition.

Now let's look at Geno. He heralded arguably the best and most unique Mario RPG spin-off ever made. His entire body is a swiss army knife of guns and weapons including finger bullets, rocket arms, elbow cannons, star guns and a wide assortment of flashy energy attacks. Then throw in a smaller frame and higher speed and you've got yourself a formidable zoner. Sure he was from only one game released in 1996, but remember that "Smash bubble"? He's got a significant following within Smash fandom and Sakurai/Nintendo KNOW IT. The fact that Geno has already earned himself a Mii costume and a spirit is further proof of that. Let me ask you, what TF2 spirits exist in Smash Ultimate? How about ATs? Costumes? Where was Heavy on the official Smash ballot? Yeah, if you've got a thing for Heavy, all power to you, but don't question my understanding of "obscure" when you haven't got a clue.
I really don't think that Geno is more iconic than the Heavy. Just because Geno has a greater Smash following doesn't make him more iconic. Heavy is the mascot for TF2, a game with incredible influence, thousands upon thousands of fan SFM and Gmod videos, an incredibly dedicated community that is keeping the game semi-alive through sheer force of will, and an average of over 60,000 players at any given time. You argue that Heavy isn't iconic to those outside his playerbase, which isn't true as Team Fortress is still an iconic FPS series (it's made by Valve, they only make gold.) but even if it was Geno certainly isn't, as his game was from 24 years ago and he hasn't made a playable appearance since then. He's not iconic in any way apart from being a hugely popular Smash request.

You also talk about Heavy having no moveset potential which just isn't true. Outside of his wide array of miniguns, he has his shotguns, several foods that either heal him or buff his damage, and a ludicrous array of melee weapons, including but not limited to:

-His huge muscly fists.
-Bear paws that heal him on hit.
-Holiday mittens that force the opponent to taunt.
-Boxing gloves that increase his damage significantly when he gets a kill with them.
-Boxing gloves that make him move a good bit faster at the cost of damage.
-Ham.

Even if that's not enough they could do what they did for the Belmonts and have him borrow a few moves that don't break character:

-He could drink some of Scout's Bonk! Atomic Punch or Crit-a-Cola to buff himself.

-Pyro's Flare Gun is a possibility, a weak projectile that does lasting damage.

-Borrow some of the Sniper's Jarate to debuff the enemy like Inkling.

-If you want to get kinda crazy he could pop an Über canteen from MvM and turn invincible for a few seconds.

-Besides that he would have tauntkills, which are hilarious.

I get that Geno is your number one (same as me), but please don't try to drag down other characters to make him look better.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If anything is announced at midnight tonight, let's hope it's not another partner showcase

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If Geno is playable, hopefully he's character 7 or 8. Not just to have the ability to play him sooner, but Smash speculation is going to get worse and worse as those character openings dwindle down. People will get more defensive, gatekeeping will become more rampant and fan rules will get dumber. Fanbases will be at each other's throats. That's why I hope if Geno's playable, he's sooner than later. Grab him and get the hell out of the ensuing fan disaster.
Agreed man. This has been my exact same thoughts. People think I am impatient when it comes to Geno getting announced, but really its moreso because I want the gatekeeping to stop. The closer Geno is to getting included, the sooner it is for these detractors to be gone and never come back.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder what fatmanonice thinks about steve
As people here know, I've locked in Chief as a second Microsoft rep, with signs pointing very heavily to him being pack 8 at the moment. On the upside, I think the remaining third party packs will probably be more open ended, like they were for Terry. For example, with Chief, signs point to him and obviously a Halo stage but there's suggestions that the Microsoft content coming with him will be pretty diverse. Johanna Dark is someone I've heard since December as a highly probable Mii costume. Other people have heard Ori, Hollow Knight, and Steve? as potential Microsoft related Mii costumes. This said, I think the remaining third party packs will have decent consolation prizes and I wouldn't be surprised if they took things a step further by including things like more RARE music and things like Minecraft music.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
As people here know, I've locked in Chief as a second Microsoft rep, with signs pointing very heavily to him being pack 8 at the moment. On the upside, I think the remaining third party packs will probably be more open ended, like they were for Terry. For example, with Chief, signs point to him and obviously a Halo stage but there's suggestions that the Microsoft content coming with him will be pretty diverse. Johanna Dark is someone I've heard since December as a highly probable Mii costume. Other people have heard Ori, Hollow Knight, and Steve? as potential Microsoft related Mii costumes. This said, I think the remaining third party packs will have decent consolation prizes and I wouldn't be surprised if they took things a step further by including things like more RARE music and things like Minecraft music.
And here you had the perfect opportunity to just say, "I dunno man, I think he's a square..."

Griselda

Smash Lord
I really didn't expect Origami King to be so tender. Maybe it's just that I skipped Color Splash and got disgusted after ten minutes of Sticker Star, so my expectations were already at rock bottom, but the whole of Autumn Mountain has been a surprisingly very emotional experience so far.

The music in particular is pretty good at selling the feelings of the surroundings, and I wouldn't at all mind if the Origami King composers collaborated with Yoko Shimomura on a potential SMRPG sequel/remake.

Something else I really appreciate is that for all of the 'Literally Paper World' stuff they've been insisting on post-SS, that the locations are made of craft materials is actually very downplayed so far. The buildings and natural parts of the world have so much polish in their design that in some cases, if they had more realistic textures, I wouldn't for a moment even think that it wasn't stone/wood/steel. It kind of reminds me of some of the homemade playsets I've made out of cardboard and stuff over the years. Not to mention that I've seen actual legitimate water more than once, which looks pretty impressive with the Switch's capabilities.

That water alone kind of makes me wonder what a SMRPG sequel's art style could be like on the Switch if they leaned just a tad more realistic than the Mario series' usual style, to be honest. I feel it'd stand out from the main series in a similar way to the original SMRPG while still standing on its own.

Firox

Smash Master
I really don't think that Geno is more iconic than the Heavy. Just because Geno has a greater Smash following doesn't make him more iconic. Heavy is the mascot for TF2, a game with incredible influence, thousands upon thousands of fan SFM and Gmod videos, an incredibly dedicated community that is keeping the game semi-alive through sheer force of will, and an average of over 60,000 players at any given time. You argue that Heavy isn't iconic to those outside his playerbase, which isn't true as Team Fortress is still an iconic FPS series (it's made by Valve, they only make gold.) but even if it was Geno certainly isn't, as his game was from 24 years ago and he hasn't made a playable appearance since then. He's not iconic in any way apart from being a hugely popular Smash request.

You also talk about Heavy having no moveset potential which just isn't true. Outside of his wide array of miniguns, he has his shotguns, several foods that either heal him or buff his damage, and a ludicrous array of melee weapons, including but not limited to:

-His huge muscly fists.
-Bear paws that heal him on hit.
-Holiday mittens that force the opponent to taunt.
-Boxing gloves that increase his damage significantly when he gets a kill with them.
-Boxing gloves that make him move a good bit faster at the cost of damage.
-Ham.

Even if that's not enough they could do what they did for the Belmonts and have him borrow a few moves that don't break character:

-He could drink some of Scout's Bonk! Atomic Punch or Crit-a-Cola to buff himself.

-Pyro's Flare Gun is a possibility, a weak projectile that does lasting damage.

-Borrow some of the Sniper's Jarate to debuff the enemy like Inkling.

-If you want to get kinda crazy he could pop an Über canteen from MvM and turn invincible for a few seconds.

-Besides that he would have tauntkills, which are hilarious.

I get that Geno is your number one (same as me), but please don't try to drag down other characters to make him look better.
You obviously misinterpreted several of my points. Firstly, I never said Geno was more iconic than Heavy. I didn't even say that Geno was "iconic". I said that Sakurai and the smash fanbase have more recognition for Geno which is actually FACT, not opinion, as evidenced by the comments and content Sakurai himself has included. It doesn't matter if Geno is more obscure in a general sense, which I'll admit. My point is that Geno has more visibility than Heavy both in the Smash fanbase and the dev team, hence his chances are objectively better right now, regardless of how many TF2 fanboys stormed the poll in question.

Secondly, I never said Heavy had "no moveset potential" as you say. Technically ANYTHING could have moveset if you really wanted to get creative. Hell, people on here argue that Tetrimino could be viable (which I frankly disagree with, but I digress). Regardless, I would argue though that his moveset would be less interesting compared to Geno but that's a totally subjective argument so I suppose it's not really worth dwelling on.

In short, I'm not trying to drag down other characters to make Geno look better, but I feel other people seem more than ready to do the same in reverse. Either way, the poll in question is obviously questionable as to the biases and exposure involved and I don't think it reflects at all the realistic chances of certain characters getting added as DLC. Again, considering that Goku was even included only shows that it was the wishlist of online randos and not a true indication of Nintendo's radar.

Firox

Smash Master
Tbh that’s pretty much all fan ballots.
lol I guess that's true. I just wish people could at least TRY to be realistic with their expectations, especially after Sakurai drove home the fact that Smash is video game characters only. Then again, people love to troll so there's probably a large amount of troll picks baked into the polls as well.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
lol I guess that's true. I just wish people could at least TRY to be realistic with their expectations, especially after Sakurai drove home the fact that Smash is video game characters only. Then again, people love to troll so there's probably a large amount of troll picks baked into the polls as well.
Duh, people should be more realistic. Goku? Pfft, fools. Sakurai said no!

Now Vegeta on the other hand ...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
On the topic of the ballot, my only issue is the fact that it was being touted as the biggest poll of all time when that seems objectively impossible when you consider that the Smash Ballot from Nintendo exists.

I still think the SourceGaming poll is a more credible sample to pull from since realistically, people are going to want more than one character (I think even I chose Heavy as one of my top 6) Plus SourceGaming had more security in their poll to ensure botting could not be accomplished.

Either way, I am a fan of what he has done. I didn't push it as much as other groups due to FP2 already set in stone, but I reached out to him at one point and wished him best of luck on the poll early on. I'm proud of what he managed to accomplish with that many votes.

I'm just ready to take my doll and go home.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, probably not. Not to fart on anyone's souffle but I do think people are right that another Mini is coming first before we get a General but I don't think the General will be too terribly far behind.
However, we could get a Smash reveal in a mini direct. It's highly unlikely that they would do the ARMS fighter thing again for FP7.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Honestly, probably not. Not to fart on anyone's souffle but I do think people are right that another Mini is coming first before we get a General but I don't think the General will be too terribly far behind.
You heard it here first folks. Not only does Fatman admit to sneezing in the open mouths of the elderly but he also farts on people's souffles. Truly he is just a monster.

In other news what the heck did I just walk into? I thought this was the Geno thread not the Heavy thread so why are we discussing Geno at all? :ultpacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom