• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Terry just isn't iconic to me. Sakurai can add whoever he wants for whatever BS reason he thinks sounds good enough to help himself sleep at night.
You dont get to decide whats iconic nor "deserving" of a "slot", much less to claim Sakurai is lying or bsing to himself just for having a differing vision, you also dont need to be on pair with Ryu, THE fighting game character to be called iconic. You can like and dislike things and you can want certain things for a variety of reasons, but going above like in not aknowledge a whole game genre because becomes narcisism. So the other user is right. Also apologies for the community for being off-topic here.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
It's honestly a little funny that we discuss relevance and iconicness so much when talking about a series that's featured the Ice Climbers since game #2.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's honestly a little funny that we discuss relevance and iconicness so much when talking about a series that's featured the Ice Climbers since game #2.
That's probably because their lack of iconicness and overall wackiness, not only in the character themselves, but the potential they allowed themselves to have is kind of the point of the character in Smash.

On a different note, why haven't we seen an ice climbers reboot. Imagine a fairly open game with a world that's large enough to the degree of Mario odyssey which is a survival type game which encourages exploration and some survival elements perhaps.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While either most of you know, I found out that Mario, Peach, Mallow and Geno's magic aura is based off of the Card's 4 symbols.
Mario- Spades
Mallow- Club
Geno- Diamond
Peach- Heart

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
While either most of you know, I found out that Mario, Peach, Mallow and Geno's magic aura is based off of the Card's 4 symbols.
Mario- Spades
Mallow- Club
Geno- Diamond
Peach- Heart
Geno's a star, Bowser (IIRC) is the diamond.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Overly optimistic theory: what if the reason Porky's been completely MIA from Ultimate is because a Mother series collection/remake has been in the works and he's always been planned as a fighter to promote it?
I still want to believe the Porkster has a chance but I don't think he is going to make it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
This is what she put (hoping it shows the images as there’s meant to be images with this post)
You know, Fatman was talking about two franchises that would excite the fanbase but he didn´t want to say what they were in the hopes of giving false hope to them. Earthbound/Mother is the one I really feel like there´s a chance to have another title or a port of mother 3.
You dont get to decide whats iconic nor "deserving" of a "slot", much less to claim Sakurai is lying or bsing to himself just for having a differing vision, you also dont need to be on pair with Ryu, THE fighting game character to be called iconic. You can like and dislike things and you can want certain things for a variety of reasons, but going above like in not aknowledge a whole game genre because becomes narcisism. So the other user is right. Also apologies for the community for being off-topic here.
I swear that the people who disregard Terry ought to be eating burning knuckles till they quit Smash. I wasn´t even an arcade kid but even I knew about Terry on mex magazines!
KOF was big almost everywhere that wasn´t the U.S. or europe. Asia and Latin america are also part of the world, you F"#"#S
SNK is arcade history! KOF was basically smash before smash. Team on Team action!
Terry deserves being there much more than a lot of other characters in Smash,PERIOD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From that Mii costume list shown not too long ago, I doubt that Elecman would be a costume. Of all costumes, why him? He had an assist trophy but now gone. Is he a popular boss? Bass makes more sense since he was in MM’s final smash. I think that might be bad info. Hypothetically, if Geno was a costume all along, then shouldn’t he be in that list with Mallow and Smithy along? Geno not on that list, is obviously a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
Hope that August 2020 is the OFFICIAL GENO REVEAL guys! He is happening 100% but hope sooner than later!

QQS

Smash Lord
From that Mii costume list shown not too long ago, I doubt that Elecman would be a costume. Of all costumes, why him? He had an assist trophy but now gone. Is he a popular boss? Bass makes more sense since he was in MM’s final smash. I think that might be bad info. Hypothetically, if Geno was a costume all along, then shouldn’t he be in that list with Mallow and Smithy along? Geno not on that list, is obviously a good sign.
Elec Man likes to play the electric guitar in his free time, he is cool also :)

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hope that August 2020 is the OFFICIAL GENO REVEAL guys! He is happening 100% but hope sooner than later!
This but about August
There´s nothing big on august, but why would they announce it this month. Might as well be september. The KKR direct from two years ago is probably the only August direct.

QQS

Smash Lord
This but about August
There´s nothing big on august, but why would they announce it this month. Might as well be september. The KKR direct from two years ago is probably the only August direct.
You never know with Nintendo, just hoping. Geno is playable I know it, I feel it. It’s Geno’s time. But I hope to see him soon rather than keep waiting. August seems a nice reveal to a September download

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This but about August
Holy **** I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since K. Rool was revealed. It felt like yesterday when I saw the August Smash Direct.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Holy **** I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since K. Rool was revealed. It felt like yesterday when I saw the August Smash Direct.
Me unmuting the K rool discord VC after the trailer:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

It was a magical day in there and I cannot WAIT for all of you to know that feeling as Geno Fans. If you haven't yet, just wait. It's unlike anything you can imagine.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
September will be here before you know it, YEP, the K Rool is the third best reveal of smash ultimate! still hypes me up

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
What are your top two?
Ridley is no 2. This is the moment where the impossibles began to seem possible. Too big and the rest of the memes. Loved Etika's reaction to this one too(RIP). Makes me laugh everytime.

Banjo's number one. Callback to K rool, in a lot of ways. But it really was a childhood wish/and a friend coming home after too much time. So worth it. I don't main him but I used to play with him a lot when I could still play with my friends before the pandemic. He's like my let's have fun character.

I don't include everyone is here even though it's really hype.
I didn't see the vga's but joker was spammed everywhere, so I couldn't get hyped. Hero from DQ was cool, and while I love the Dai anime, hero isn't the same character.

Loathed byleth's. Every joke was like sand in the wound.
Min min was cool but unimportant except for the whole spirits upgrade. The reveal itself was very cute.

Terry's was great,probably my fourth favorite one.
All those references and almost there moments were great. It did hurt a bit to see Iori not get the invite. He's one of the most beloved characters from some childhood friends and highschool. It would have blown our minds.
But terry was cool. Didn't hurt that unlike Ryu, who I love but hate playing as(focus attacks are the bane of my existance). Terry's freaking FUN.

MattX20

Smash Hero
and thus begins August speculation. These next few weeks will definitely be an interesting one for sure

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Me unmuting the K rool discord VC after the trailer:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

It was a magical day in there and I cannot WAIT for all of you to know that feeling as Geno Fans. If you haven't yet, just wait. It's unlike anything you can imagine.
K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie reveals gave me butterflies in my stomach. Ridley I would say the same through "Everyone Is Here!" left me brain dead for me to even react to Ridley. All 3 were my most wanted characters since Melee.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There will be hype for Geno's trailer, along with some salt and denial, though the latter won't be anywhere near Byleth's.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been done before, but what spirits would Geno come with? Obviously ones from Mario RPG and probably only that game. I think we would be guaranteed at least 8, because that's the minimum we've gotten with a character so far. I figure it would all be characters that kind of sell the feel of the game. Everybody thought we would get crazy stuff with Hero, but it ended up being pretty bland. I could see Geno's spirit board just kind of having the essentials plus a random whatever character and that would be it. But I'll throw out all my ideas anyway, including the basic gist of what I think the fight should definitely include

Guaranteed
Mallow (already cleared if you have it, like Spring Man and Twintelle)
Boshi - blue Yoshi on Tortimer Isle, speed boosting and lots spawning food
Booster - red Wario and 3 Shy Guy Miis holding guns/Bullet Bills, Lightning spawns
Exor - giant invisible swordfighter wielding a sword item
Smithy - ???

Likely
Croc - purple K. Rool on the level with Nabbit or Golden Plains
Frogfucious - green Greninja wielding a battering weapon maybe
Mega Smilax - giant Ivy plus 2 normal and a tiny Villager who keeps using the watering can (Ivy becomes Plant if you have the DLC)
Axem Rangers - ???
Bowyer - Pit? Link? Some sort of disabling gimmick maybe with the Mushroom item?

Maybe?
Valentina & Dodo - white Peach or Daisy or Palutena with a giant black Falco on Magicant, lots of drinks spawn and high wind(?)
Chancellor - Mario?
Bundt - 3 Jigglypuffs of varying sizes?
Belome - giant Kirby, Wario or Dedede in Great Cave Offensive
Jinx - super tiny Ryu or Ken with enhanced power and speed, mini Bowser sidekick

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
There will be hype for Geno's trailer, along with some salt and denial, though the latter won't be anywhere near Byleth's.
Anyone who'd be salty about Geno joining Smash has no soul or needs to play SMRPG today.

also edit for above:

Valentina & Dodo - white Peach or Daisy or Palutena with a giant black Falco on Magicant, lots of drinks spawn and high wind(?)

wouldn't he be DEDEDE?!?! I could see Palu or Bayo.
Also a nice touch would be a metal(gold) buffed mario on your team. like the statue :]

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
A fanart work of the entire SMRPG gang
Screenshot_20200801-082115_YouTube.jpg

From Super Mario RPG: Waltz of the Forest video

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Hotgirl, I pay attention to what she says because, I'm not going to specify what, but a good number of things she has said has crossed my path in the past year too. I'm little annoyed that she's blasting certain things because, even if they wind up false, a lot of people have put a lot of effort into keeping certain announcements secret. There's nothing I can do about it though but I will say that she's not lying about a good number of things she's brought up. Honestly, I could probably list on one hand the things she had said that I haven't heard but a lot of it checks out, at least being real insider rumors.

Once again, people really need to get over this "too good to be true" mentality. Since literally last July, the rumblings have been that Nintendo has some running pantless through Walmart crazy plans for 2020 and 2021 and obviously a lot of that has been kerfuffled. I keep saying it but there's great things on the horizon. There's waaaaaaaaay too many people supporting things like dead franchise revivals, evergreen Smash picks, and heavily requested remakes/Remasters for all of it to be absolutely false. Yes, skepticism is good but don't let yourselves become overly cynical. It's okay to be cautiously optimistic which is why Geno has been my prediction for 77 pretty much a year now. Like I keep saying, it sucks right now and I know people unironically want me dead for saying it but the wait will be worth it in the end.

Also, Shadowedgy is not a fraud either. Annoying and with borderline unethical methods? Absolutely but some of his stuff checks out too. A big reason I got into this is so that people weren't always looking at garbage and second guessing things and I could step in to defend people if they were telling the truth or, if they were bull****ting that it coincidentally lined up with real info like with Mandycan. Something something... It's okay to have hope even if the world is an ongoing dog**** dumpster fire at the moment.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
On the topic of Hotgirl, I pay attention to what she says because, I'm not going to specify what, but a good number of things she has said has crossed my path in the past year too. I'm little annoyed that she's blasting certain things because, even if they wind up false, a lot of people have put a lot of effort into keeping certain announcements secret. There's nothing I can do about it though but I will say that she's not lying about a good number of things she's brought up. Honestly, I could probably list on one hand the things she had said that I haven't heard but a lot of it checks out, at least being real insider rumors.

Once again, people really need to get over this "too good to be true" mentality. Since literally last July, the rumblings have been that Nintendo has some running pantless through Walmart crazy plans for 2020 and 2021 and obviously a lot of that has been kerfuffled. I keep saying it but there's great things on the horizon. There's waaaaaaaaay too many people supporting things like dead franchise revivals, evergreen Smash picks, and heavily requested remakes/Remasters for all of it to be absolutely false. Yes, skepticism is good but don't let yourselves become overly cynical. It's okay to be cautiously optimistic which is why Geno has been my prediction for 77 pretty much a year now. Like I keep saying, it sucks right now and I know people unironically want me dead for saying it but the wait will be worth it in the end.

Also, Shadowedgy is not a fraud either. Annoying and with borderline unethical methods? Absolutely but some of his stuff checks out too. A big reason I got into this is so that people weren't always looking at garbage and second guessing things and I could step in to defend people if they were telling the truth or, if they were bull****ting that it coincidentally lined up with real info like with Mandycan. Something something... It's okay to have hope even if the world is an ongoing dog**** dumpster fire at the moment.
August is going to be a make or break month for some at this rate

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
August is going to be a make or break month for some at this rate
I think September will be that month for me if the next character isn't revealed by then. I can't bare imagining waiting until January. I would lose my mind if we had to wait that long.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I think September will be that month for me if the next character isn't revealed by then. I can't bare imagining waiting until January. I would lose my mind if we had to wait that long.
As long as you buy the product, Nintendo will wait however long they can manage.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Sorry Fatman but I am pretty cynical about all these leaks. In general spirits I'm actually pretty positive though. I believe enough of these hypothetical games will turn out real that it will make for some great and exciting games I just think the pacing of them will be pretty bad and steal some of the hype away. Still I imagine if we were to make a leaked games bingo card we wouldn't get bingo. That being said, I trust Fatman's intentions and research. I believe that if thing don't pan out the way these leaks suggest then it's not any ill intentions it's just plans that never went past the planning phase or rumors that were simply just rumors. I do think 2020 will have a couple more big holiday games but 2021 is probably the year to look forward to. We will probably get one big direct like video this year and a few more smaller ones that have some things to be excited for but I wouldn't expect the big one until September. I could see an August Smash reveal with an early September release though.

Edit: Also, quick someone make a leaked games bingo. In all fairness, it can include Paper Mario TOK.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sorry Fatman but I am pretty cynical about all these leaks. In general spirits I'm actually pretty positive though. I believe enough of these hypothetical games will turn out real that it will make for some great and exciting games I just think the pacing of them will be pretty bad and steal some of the hype away. Still I imagine if we were to make a leaked games bingo card we wouldn't get bingo. That being said, I trust Fatman's intentions and research. I believe that if thing don't pan out the way these leaks suggest then it's not any ill intentions it's just plans that never went past the planning phase or rumors that were simply just rumors. I do think 2020 will have a couple more big holiday games but 2021 is probably the year to look forward to. We will probably get one big direct like video this year and a few more smaller ones that have some things to be excited for but I wouldn't expect the big one until September. I could see an August Smash reveal with an early September release though.

Edit: Also, quick someone make a leaked games bingo. In all fairness, it can include Paper Mario TOK.
An August reveal is fairly likely since FP7 is all but guaranteed to be a September release

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I mean, that's fair. Like I said, all I can do as a Midwestern university custodian is support if certain rumors are "real rumors" within insider circles. I can't say if they're absolutely true but I can verify if they've been going around. For example, Hotgirl's hardware claims are interesting because one of my guys supported it back in January. It then hit a fever pitch and Nintendo was like, "there's no new hardware in the near future, STFU." Was Nintendo covering its ass or was it just being blunt? I don't know. Those are things I can't confirm on my end because I'm not in the industry so I'll always just get bones thrown to me by my insider friends.

D

Deleted member

So, did you talk to this Shadow Edgy person? If I recall correctly, he said he heard someone saying, the Mallow and Smithy list are fake and made lucky guesses something along the lines. I highly doubt Mii Costume guy, would guess costumes given his credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, did you talk to this Shadow Edgy person? If I recall correctly, he said he heard someone saying, the Mallow and Smithy list are fake and made lucky guesses something along the lines. I highly doubt Mii Costume guy, would guess costumes given his credibility.
I've talked with him a little on one of his claims but that was about it. Also, the "lucky guess" theory is silly as all hell. The chances of correctly guessing all of Banjo's costumes is absolutely astronomical. Guessing someone like Zero is one thing, guessing totally new costumes like Goemon and Rocket Grunt is quite another. As I pointed out the other day, going with this train of thought also means he correctly "guessed" Cadence of Hyrule, Nier Automata, Perfect Dark, and one of the PlayStation 5 launch games would get news in 2020 back in November/December 2019. If he's that "lucky" he needs to stop being an insider and start buying lottery tickets.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I've talked with him a little on one of his claims but that was about it. Also, the "lucky guess" theory is silly as all hell. The chances of correctly guessing all of Banjo's costumes is absolutely astronomical. Guessing someone like Zero is one thing, guessing totally new costumes like Goemon and Rocket Grunt is quite another. As I pointed out the other day, going with this train of thought also means he correctly "guessed" Cadence of Hyrule, Nier Automata, Perfect Dark, and one of the PlayStation 5 launch games would get news in 2020 back in November/December 2019. If he's that "lucky" he needs to stop being an insider and start buying lottery tickets.
Yup, that's way too dificult. Everybody expect Miis like Mumjo Jumbo, Steve, Grunty or the Jinjos.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We'll see how that luck translates to our luck in the weeks to come

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm feeling pretty good today. Origami King clearly and constantly shows where it could've been much better, but so far it isn't absolute garbage at least. My opinion might change as I get further into the game, obviously, but at the moment I'm giving it something like a 6-7/10. (with 0 being SS and 10 being TTYD) ..And I'm gonna hope that it's only the tip of the iceberg, and Nintendo's next reveals (whenever they happen) will gradually blow me away more and more.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman

Can I just ask, does anyone actually believe she's a mistress for all of these Nintendo guys? I really, really doubt it. I bet it's just a funny cover for an actual insider who works at the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom