• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
And thus, July's speculation draws to a close. August will be an interesting month for sure

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Yo that girl on Twitter, hotgirlvideos is back with more things she’s heard from her sources. Quite a lot of interesting things.

QQS

Smash Lord
Happy birthday AdamBel731 AdamBel731 and Geno Boost Geno Boost !

May our Blue Doll ser the light in battle very soon! He is happening, I feel this since Ultimate got DLC. He deserves the spot. Perfect character for the perfect game to revive him.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Oh, that's neat.
... so, uhh, you gonna share what she's said, or...?
If I had to guess, I think he's referring to this tweet:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I personally thought this tweet was pretty interesting, as she may be teasing another Direct on the horizon

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just looked up the Twitter Thread and wow... that all sounds pretty good. HOPEFULLY all these news are imminent? Hopefully... pls?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Should another Smash information about challenger 7 and possibly 8 arrives, prepare for a free for all on who is getting the invite.
Screenshot_20200708-174356_Video Player.jpg

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I personally thought this tweet was pretty interesting, as she may be teasing another Direct on the horizon
Why are we trusting this chick again? Has she gotten ANYTHING right?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Why are we trusting this chick again? Has she gotten ANYTHING right?
she leaked a bunch of dates and said information was happening on each of them. It was 4 dates and there was information for each of them so she was right.

1st was paper mario news

then there was the Xbox conference Announcement news

then there was the mini direct news

and I think the other news was the smash presentation announcement

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Terry just isn't iconic to me. Sakurai can add whoever he wants for whatever BS reason he thinks sounds good enough to help himself sleep at night. It won't change the fact that even though I love KoF...and fighting games are my favorite genre of game...I still don't think Terry is on Ryu's level of iconic and didn't deserve the slot.

Some things are just the way they are and I'm fine with that. It will be the same if Geno gets himself upgraded but is still a Mii. I'll disagree and grunt, but will be forced to live with it. The more passionate you feel about something the harder the pill is to swallow if its not in your taste.
Without King of Fighters, Smash wouldn't exist so Terry deserves to be in. Sakurai had the first idea of Smash come to his mind after he kicked someone's *** in King of Fighters 95.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This is what she put (hoping it shows the images as there’s meant to be images with this post)
If true, then jikes and awesome at the same time.,... The jikes part concidering if true, then Nintendo will probably send a C&D on her

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I will say, out of all the insiders, Tiffany seems to be the most loose lipped. She doesn’t have as good of a track record as Nate or others, but she is entertaining and gives us a lot to talk about.

shockingly she is always a bit light on Smash Bros news. And I wish she took the time to familiarize herself with Geno (since she has been getting many questions about him). It would have been awesome to have her asking insiders about our boy

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> New Mother game

okay but seriously that would be awesome, I’d love a new entry or a “Mother Remastered Trilogy,” but “new game incoming” really does feel like a joke at this point...

I also find “new game related to Undertale” really odd since afaik Toby Fox is only working on Deltarune; maybe there’s something else if he’s hired others to help him, but I don’t know...

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've been over leakers for a while :O
my trust has just been taken advantage of too much for by peoples obsession with clout and attention. I just pop in here once in a while to not go crazy while I wait for my solo main.

I might put a hole in my floor from all the jumping when he does join though. The neighbors might think someone's in trouble too.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I will say, out of all the insiders, Tiffany seems to be the most loose lipped. She doesn’t have as good of a track record as Nate or others, but she is entertaining and gives us a lot to talk about.

shockingly she is always a bit light on Smash Bros news. And I wish she took the time to familiarize herself with Geno (since she has been getting many questions about him). It would have been awesome to have her asking insiders about our boy
She said that she don't care about Smash
> New Mother game

okay but seriously that would be awesome, I’d love a new entry or a “Mother Remastered Trilogy,” but “new game incoming” really does feel like a joke at this point...

I also find “new game related to Undertale” really odd since afaik Toby Fox is only working on Deltarune; maybe there’s something else if he’s hired others to help him, but I don’t know...
Ok, Mother is a BIG red flag, Itoi has stated that Mother 3 was the end of the franchise

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
As for Mother, as unrealistic as this is, I could THEORETICALLY see a remake of Mother 1 or EarthBound, but I'll admit, that seems unlikely too since Itoi probably doesn't wanna do anything with Mother at all anymore

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
She said that she don't care about Smash

Ok, Mother is a BIG red flag, Itoi has stated that Mother 3 was the end of the franchise
I mean, it could always be a reboot coming one day...Nintendo might have bought out the IP from the creator or he has some ideas that he wants to explore.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’know, with all the stuff surrounding Mother lately with the Hobonichi Mother Project, I guess I could see a new game or remastered remakes coming now that I think about it, but I’m still not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Y’know, with all the stuff surrounding Mother lately with the Hobonichi Mother Project, I guess I could see a new game or remastered remakes coming now that I think about it, but I’m still not holding my breath.
If they do do a remake of the classic Mother games, then I kinda envision the artstyle to be similar to the remake of Link's Awakening, having everything with a "claymation" art style, since most of the Mother artwork is made out of clay.

As you said, I am not holding my breath since getting any new information on Mother just seems like a huge joke and meme at this point, but hey so did Ridley and Banjo being in Smash and look what happened, so who really knows what Nintendo has up their sleeves

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You can easily tell that those lists are fake.

They have video games listed. Since when does Nintendo announce games? Checkmate.
Nintendo Fans: Nintendo, what about your games?
Nintendo: Oh yeah, our games! Tomorrow, we promise.
TOMORROW...

Nintendo Fans: Nintendo, we really need tho-
Nintendo: Tomorrow for sure.
TOMORROW FOR SURE...

Nintendo Fans: Nintendo...
Nintendo: We'll get to it eventually...
EVENTUALLY...

Nintendo Fans: Uhhh...
Nintendo: Uhhh...
UHHH...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Nintendo Fans: Nintendo, what about your games?
Nintendo: Oh yeah, our games! Tomorrow, we promise.
TOMORROW...

Nintendo Fans: Nintendo, we really need tho-
Nintendo: Tomorrow for sure.
TOMORROW FOR SURE...

Nintendo Fans: Nintendo...
Nintendo: We'll get to it eventually...
EVENTUALLY...

Nintendo Fans: Uhhh...
Nintendo: Uhhh...
UHHH...
Nintendo Fans: Nintendo, are you there?
Nintendo:
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
i could see them making a collection with mother 1, and 2, only to leave out mother 3, just because their decisions make no sense, expecialy given how they still refuse to translate it

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the most, we've only to wait through the second week of September for the release of FP7

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Overly optimistic theory: what if the reason Porky's been completely MIA from Ultimate is because a Mother series collection/remake has been in the works and he's always been planned as a fighter to promote it?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Overly optimistic theory: what if the reason Porky's been completely MIA from Ultimate is because a Mother series collection/remake has been in the works and he's always been planned as a fighter to promote it?
I'm more inclined to think he'd be an up-gradable spirit and be featured alongside Gigue and Gigyas since they're the main antagonists of their respective games and are the only major Mother characters not in Ultimate

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I'm more inclined to think he'd be an up-gradable spirit and be featured alongside Gigue and Gigyas since they're the main antagonists of their respective games and are the only major Mother characters not in Ultimate
ninten (main character from mother 1) isn't in smash either , granted he is is basically a ness recolor
ninten.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom