• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You ruin the point of the community by constantly comparing yourselves to others. By collecting Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno into this "set" you forget about everything that individually makes the characters and fanbases they have all built up. It's not the similarities to the other three that would get Geno in, it's the individualities of his situation. Who, truly, is nothing like any other character has or ever will be.

I disagree, he's always been the "throw him in the fake leak" character. The climate hasn't really changed for him at all. Only people heavily invested in Smash speculation took ANY attention to the GameStop leak.
you genuinely have no idea what you’re talking about here

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
No green pigtailed girls in my dreams, this time, unfortunately. But something else happened. I dreamed that a SMRPG sequel was revealed, and the art style was made to modern standards in terms of the models' smoothness but intentionally resembled the original's style, with the characters being visibly made out of balls or other simple shapes stuck together. ...The title was something weird like 'SMRPG 2: Smithy Makes an Appointment', but eh.. it was still a SMRPG sequel. In the dream I was here and everyone was talking about it, but I had to go through several pages because of how quickly the thread was moving. The odd thing is, though, that Geno hadn't appeared in Smash yet, but people were posting comments from insiders who were confused and all swore he was in and that he should've been revealed before the game. Apparently Nintendo was also doing something odd like releasing the Fighters Pass on a physical cartridge even though they still had like two fighters left to reveal.
The trailer starts with Smithy talking: "I have...a bad stomach ache. I need to call the doctor" screen pans to an evil looking Dr Mario. Then a montage of Smithy making different rudimentary appointments follows. No gameplay. No other notable characters. It's literally just a life simulator where you play as Smithy doing normal things in an evil world.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
. Gamexplain won't touch the Gamestop one but they jumped on the F-Zero twitter handle among other things.
Well, at least this recently confirms that a 'leak's' legitimacy doesn't have to boil down to how Gameexplain responds to it. They discussed the F-Zero tweet but that turned out fake. I'm not surprised that they didn't discuss the Gamestop video. It has enough plausible deniability where it could go either way so its probably not worth making a video on that (although Gamestop's horribly way to do damage control would be an amusing reaction video from them). But do they usually discuss situations or 'leaks' that are connected to retail stores?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Cut for brevity, super great post though. Go like the original post if you haven't already!
Really good post, seriously! I've said various forms of this over the period of time since I've been in here (since last summer), but you put it very well from a place of experience. It's awesome to have a person like you in here who has been in the trenches and has seen fans' dedication actually pay off personally. Genuine question though, what got you into this thread finally? (Sorry if you mentioned this before and I missed it because I'm a troglodyte.) I have a feeling you'll be good to have around in the thread as we seemingly get closer to our endgame!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's nice to see things have calmed down a little. Yesterday was rough, but I'm glad we've still got presumably 2 more directs in the next two weeks if the maintenance schedule is anything to go by.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys... Just let Supi be... He's a trusted confidant of both me and Papagenos and, no, he's not a huge Geno fan but he's not against us either. He's like 15 so for him to give a corn kernel of a **** about Geno would be kind of a miracle to begin with, giving the in your face fact that the Geno campaign is as old as him. Don't give him a hard time. Dude was basically chased off Forest Maze for merely talking me and people unironically believing an American teenager was "Mii Costume Guy." He's put up with a lot for my sake so I'm grateful he even took the risk to come here given how the Nintendo fanbase likes to be piss babies about everything. Like Pumpkaboo, Swamp Sensei, Opposum, Judge Heihachi, Nekoo, Slime, and even people like Burb are totally welcome here even if they don't particularly want or think Geno is likely. I respect these people for one reason or another so let's just get along, eh?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, of all things we could be doing, let's please not attack minors here. That's easily one of my biggest issues with any community is when they attack kids.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah, of all things we could be doing, let's please not attack minors here. That's easily one of my biggest issues with any community is when they attack kids.
Guys... Just let Supi be... He's a trusted confidant of both me and Papagenos and, no, he's not a huge Geno fan but he's not against us either. He's like 15 so for him to give a corn kernel of a **** about Geno would be kind of a miracle to begin with, giving the in your face fact that the Geno campaign is as old as him. Don't give him a hard time. Dude was basically chased off Forest Maze for merely talking me and people unironically believing an American teenager was "Mii Costume Guy." He's put up with a lot for my sake so I'm grateful he even took the risk to come here given how the Nintendo fanbase likes to be piss babies about everything. Like Pumpkaboo, Swamp Sensei, Opposum, Judge Heihachi, Nekoo, Slime, and even people like Burb are totally welcome here even if they don't particularly want or think Geno is likely. I respect these people for one reason or another so let's just get along, eh?
First off, he has his age listed on the website as 20 years old, so I don't need virtue signaled due to somebody lying about their age on here. I don't need lectured about this kid's age or what I'm allowed to say to him within the rules of this website. Im responding to his post and his age doesn't make him immune to criticism. He is very welcome here. But he also should probably get more educated before making the claims beyond the scope of his knowledge (apparently due to his age, as you say). He was actively rooting for chaos the other night and I have a hard time respecting that. Rooting for chaos and BTFO culture is one of the biggest problems with the smash speculation community.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I said yesterday, we've all got characters we want and don't want and we really shouldn't get toxic over it

D

Deleted member

First off, he has his age listed on the website as 20 years old, so I don't need virtue signaled due to somebody lying about their age on here. I don't need lectured about this kid's age or what I'm allowed to say to him within the rules of this website. Im responding to his post and his age doesn't make him immune to criticism. He is very welcome here. But he also should probably get more educated before making the claims beyond the scope of his knowledge (apparently due to his age, as you say). He was actively rooting for chaos the other night and I have a hard time respecting that. Rooting for chaos and BTFO culture is one of the biggest problems with the smash speculation community.
Pretty much this. Whether he is an adult or not, that is not cool. On Pumpkaboo, not only she straight up took shots at us calling us “saddest people she ever met”, she didn’t even apologize of her post. That last part was really unacceptable. If these two are gonna act like complete jerks, they deserve backlash and they can get out.

Last edited by a moderator:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Nintendo should do something with Waluigi. If not a series of his own, he should be included in a main series title like Wario in SM64DS. Give Waluigi a cool special ability. Just anything. I feel like there's more potential than just an extra slot to fill in party games.
I always thought that Nintendo should give Bowser a break and have Wario + Waluigi as the villains. Another option is to have them as mini-bosses in Bowser's army.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't disagree with this. I think the point I'm trying to make is that these are not "bad people" and they are not "our enemies." Lack of tact sometimes? ****in' definitely. Antagonistic? Sometimes. Genuine threats? Absolutely not. Obviously I can only apologize for them to a certain degree but I have seen sides to these people that you all may not have and, I've said it before, I have even trusted some of my harshest critics with classified information. Like I said ages ago, a big reason I go about things the way that I do is that I don't like the concept of oracles or people that hoard info because it just shows a general mistrust of the community. I trust certain people who don't want Geno. I trust certain people who genuinely hate Geno. I recognize that wanting or liking Geno is not a relevant character trait for how reliable or trustworthy someone is and hope you all at least consider my perspective when I stand up for certain people I seemingly have no rest to stand up for.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I don't disagree with this. I think the point I'm trying to make is that these are not "bad people" and they are not "our enemies." Lack of tact sometimes? ****in' definitely. Antagonistic? Sometimes. Genuine threats? Absolutely not. Obviously I can only apologize for them to a certain degree but I have seen sides to these people that you all may not have and, I've said it before, I have even trusted some of my harshest critics with classified information. Like I said ages ago, a big reason I go about things the way that I do is that I don't like the concept of oracles or people that hoard info because it just shows a general mistrust of the community. I trust certain people who don't want Geno. I trust certain people who genuinely hate Geno. I recognize that wanting or liking Geno is not a relevant character trait for how reliable or trustworthy someone is and hope you all at least consider my perspective when I stand up for certain people I seemingly have no rest to stand up for.
I never called him a bad person or an enemy, I don't know why it's being taken to an extreme or what point you're trying to prove by insinuating that anyone in here believes that disliking Geno = bad/untrustworthy person. You can stick up for and defend whoever you want, that doesn't mean I can't respond to comments that I think are in bad taste just because you have a personal relationship with them outside of this thread. This thread is my "e-family" too, and if I see someone making bogus statements I'm going to call it like I see it.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I don't see how disagreeing with people's statements automatically means = being toxic and mean to people. There are those on both sides that certainly cross that line. I've done it too and hope I won't do that again. But if someone makes such ... lame comments and get's called out on it or at least refuted, that does not mean the person is calling the person a bad person and is chasing him out.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
We can't denigrate leakers for leaking while simultaneously applauding them for doing that very thing.
I don't applaud them for leaking. I wish they would shut up.

Kelios isn't frustrated nor overwhelmed because he got negative attention. He is frustrated and overwhelmed because people are harassing him because it wasn't the Direct they thought he was teasing.
So....he's overwhelmed by the negative attention he's getting after leaking something.

So don't leak stuff. You aren't doing the community a favor and you're just putting industry people's jobs in jeopardy. So you could have your five minutes. Anything you leak would have come out naturally eventually. No sympathy for leakers

D

Deleted member

If you trust these people that’s fine, but I still rather have these people outside of this thread. If there is 13-15 year old kid who wants us to be BTFO and rage for the sake of meme culture, there is obviously a problem. It is still worth calling these people out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I never called him a bad person or an enemy, I don't know why it's being taken to an extreme or what point you're trying to prove by insinuating that anyone in here believes that disliking Geno = bad/untrustworthy person. You can stick up for and defend whoever you want, that doesn't mean I can't respond to comments that I think are in bad taste just because you have a personal relationship with them outside of this thread. This thread is my "e-family" too, and if I see someone making bogus statements I'm going to call it like I see it.
I know but to some degree I also recognize that it's "my fault" that this thread attracts the attention that it does and why certain people stick around. You're practically a brother to me so I get the frustration, I really do. I just want to say that even when they say genuinely ****ty things, they can be worked past. People here don't even have to like them because, let's face it, I've basically been told by several mods that if it wasn't a huge abuse of power that I would have been booted from this site ages ago because people think I'm ****in' nuts and I take a weird amount of pride in that. I'm a headache and I know these people can be too. I really don't even know a perfect solution to this predicament aside from saying, taking things one at time but don't hold it against them. I will be the first to admit that they can be annoying as hell somedays but whose friends aren't? That's what I'm saying.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So....he's overwhelmed by the negative attention he's getting after leaking something.

So don't leak stuff. You aren't doing the community a favor and you're just putting industry people's jobs in jeopardy. So you could have your five minutes. Anything you leak would have come out naturally eventually. No sympathy for leakers
You don't have to agree with what leakers do, but it still doesn't condone getting harassed over. No one deserves to get harassed.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I know but to some degree I also recognize that it's "my fault" that this thread attracts the attention that it does and why certain people stick around. You're practically a brother to me so I get the frustration, I really do. I just want to say that even when they say genuinely ****ty things, they can be worked past. People here don't even have to like them because, let's face it, I've basically been told by several mods that if it wasn't a huge abuse of power that I would have been booted from this site ages ago because people think I'm ****in' nuts and I take a weird amount of pride in that. I'm a headache and I know these people can be too. I really don't even know a perfect solution to this predicament aside from saying, taking things one at time but don't hold it against them. I will be the first to admit that they can be annoying as hell somedays but whose friends aren't? That's what I'm saying.
As long as the person doesn't flame, troll or harass, I don't care. But if they make bogus statements or continue to criticize every post they make or "call us sad," then yes, they get called out for that. Just like anyone else on this thread, let alone the whole website. I am included in this. No immunity or "pass" that such conduct can go without any repercussions for such actions. Does that mean Harassing such conduct? No, of course not. But it still should be called out so we can learn and move on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you trust these people that’s fine, but I still rather have these people outside of this thread. If there is 13-15 year old kid who wants us to be BTFO and rage for the sake of meme culture, there is obviously a problem. It is still worth calling these people out.
As long as the "calling out" is still being a respectful person, sure.

The problem is this rarely happens. Most of these call outs are just being unnecessarily hostile. This is all over the forum as is.

It's not a specific issue within this thread, as I just said. It's literally something that always happens over the forum. People can't actually be respectful if they deem a person unworthy of treating in a remotely reasonable manner. That's horrible. It doesn't matter who you see. Just treat them properly. Period.

You don't have to agree with what leakers do, but it still doesn't condone getting harassed over. No one deserves to get harassed, especially over stuff like this.
I wouldn't word it like that. It makes it sound like there's an actual threshold before harassment is okay. Though I doubt you meant it that way. But yeah, there's never a time where harassment is okay.

D

Deleted member

As long as the "calling out" is still being a respectful person, sure.

The problem is this rarely happens. Most of these call outs are just being unnecessarily hostile. This is all over the forum as is.

It's not a specific issue within this thread, as I just said. It's literally something that always happens over the forum. People can't actually be respectful if they deem a person unworthy of treating in a remotely reasonable manner. That's horrible. It doesn't matter who you see. Just treat them properly. Period.

I wouldn't word it like that. It makes it sound like there's an actual threshold before harassment is okay. Though I doubt you meant it that way. But yeah, there's never a time where harassment is okay.
Cool. If he doesn’t see a thread worthy to the point of being ok of posting memes, I’m sure he’s better off elsewhere. As long as he respects us, I respect him. End of story. As long as there is no harassment and tearing apart, that’s reasonable. Though, he saw it coming if someone was upset and came off angry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As long as the person doesn't flame, troll or harass, I don't care. But if they make bogus statements or continue to criticize every post they make or "call us sad," then yes, they get called out for that. Just like anyone else on this thread, let alone the whole website. I am included in this. No immunity or "pass" that such conduct can go without any repercussions for such actions. Does that mean Harassing such conduct? No, of course not. But it still should be called out so we can learn and move on.
Given what has happened recently, I might just talk to Pumpkaboo in private. I agree,a lot of the stuff was out of line. Pumpkaboo, however, has been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons with my wife since it launched and I greatly appreciate that. My wife was furloughed for almost two months and Animal Crossing was like one of the only things that kept her from getting really, really depressed during this pandemic so even when Pumpkaboo is, academically speaking, a puckered asshole in this thread, I'm still okay with them being here.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I also understand from Pumkaboo since there have been plenty of times she was given the shaft which I was included on that since her ... I dunno ... lack of tact? Not sure of the wording on that one since there are times she has/does paint a target on her, but there are certain times the flak returned was a bit uncalled for (which I am part of that.)

If I was to give one piece of advice for her, I would say show more empathy, especially since she has said several times "I worry about your guys."

For example, instead of "Stop complaining about a lack of Nintendo directs and just play games', which shows a lack of empathy and is a bit tiresome, to "I know it's frustrating the lack of news from Nintendo and would be great to get some, but maybe to help us not go crazy for the drought let's just play some games or other things to keep us sane" It shows empathy, acknowledging the issue and a solution. The end result is the same as the first but the approach is a whole lot better.

But yeah, of course she is more than welcomed here like anyone else who isn't a troll, flammer or harasser, but got to show some kind of tact in a thread that is a character support thread, even if you don't really care for the fighter. You have to expect some flak if you go to "X" support page and you don't support it and just want to criticize the fanbase a lot. (not pointing her to that last part, but just a general "no duh" for anyone visiting "X" support page.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, because I've not had much else to do, I decided to look into the amiibo release dates for Ultimate beyond the first wave on December 7th 2018 since amiibo releases tend to coincide with DLC releases with nearly every wave so far, and this is what I found:

Piranha Plant released officially on February 1st for purchase (the 29th for those who registered their copies of the game before the 31st) and the 12th wave of amiibos released on the 15th of February 2 weeks later.

Joker released on April 17th, and the wave of amiibos preceded his release by 5 days.

The Dragon Quest Heroes released on July 30th, and the amiibo wave was released on the 19th

Banjo and Kazooie released on the 4th of September, while the amiibo wave released on the 20th

Terry released on November 6th, while the amiibo wave came out 2 days later on the 8th

and finally Byleth released on January 28th, while the last wave of amiibos currently out was on the 17th.

When looking at these numbers and doing a bit of math, the average is about 10 days

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Okay, because I've not had much else to do, I decided to look into the amiibo release dates for Ultimate beyond the first wave on December 7th 2018 since amiibo releases tend to coincide with DLC releases with nearly every wave so far, and this is what I found:

Piranha Plant released officially on February 1st for purchase (the 29th for those who registered their copies of the game before the 31st) and the 12th wave of amiibos released on the 15th of February 2 weeks later.

Joker released on April 17th, and the wave of amiibos preceded his release by 5 days.

The Dragon Quest Heroes released on July 30th, and the amiibo wave was released on the 19th

Banjo and Kazooie released on the 4th of September, while the amiibo wave released on the 20th

Terry released on November 6th, while the amiibo wave came out 2 days later on the 8th

and finally Byleth released on January 28th, while the last wave of amiibos currently out was on the 17th.

When looking at these numbers and doing a bit of math, the average is about 10 days
So if CP7 follows this tend (Which is the most likely outcome) the ammibos or Joker and Hero will be released on September 25th and the character by the 15th or on October 5th

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I brought this up last month while we were waiting for 6 and I do think this is important. 10 days either before or after the Amiibo wave is when characters come out. If Hero and Joker are specifically coming on the 25th of September, this suggests a character will be released on or near the 15th. Lo and behold, the Polish Amiibo leak back in May is coincidentally set for September 18th.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

From what we've seen in the past, the gap between a "Sakurai Presents" and a character release is a week (Min Min) to a week and a half (Byleth). This means that 7's presentation would most likely be between September 7th and September 10th, the first full week of September.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to agree with what leakers do, but it still doesn't condone getting harassed over. No one deserves to get harassed.
I don't condone or endorse harassment of people who leak data, but I also don't have any sympathy for the leaker whom it backfired on. Especially when it's an anonymous web account that they can just turn off and leave and never deal with again (which it might not be all the time but often is)

I'm just not going to spend any time worrying about their well being. You put something out there for attention, and it backfired and people are sending angry messages about you. OK.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
On the whole thing with pumpkaboo, the whole thing stems from genuine concern. I can vouch for her that she was not "concern trolling". She genuinely cares. The problem was that everyone reacted so harshly, and sure maybe she should have taken a hint and stopped before it got to that point, but now she's frustrated being seen as the villain of the thread. Sometimes people act like a jerk because people treat them like one. Pumpkaboo is a genuinely good person.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't condone or endorse harassment of people who leak data, but I also don't have any sympathy for the leaker whom it backfired on. Especially when it's an anonymous web account that they can just turn off and leave and never deal with again (which it might not be all the time but often is)

I'm just not going to spend any time worrying about their well being. You put something out there for attention, and it backfired and people are sending angry messages about you. OK.
One thing that I will say about this is that some people do this for fame and e-cred and others like me because they want to contribute something to the community. I'm not an animator. I don't make videos. I'm not a professional competitive player. I don't work in the gaming industry. I'm not staff on this site. Basically what I have is theorycrafting and some insider friends; that's what I can give back on my end. Droughts suck and this stuff not only keeps conversation going but also gives people something to look forward to, something that's especially important this year for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
The trailer starts with Smithy talking: "I have...a bad stomach ache. I need to call the doctor" screen pans to an evil looking Dr Mario. Then a montage of Smithy making different rudimentary appointments follows. No gameplay. No other notable characters. It's literally just a life simulator where you play as Smithy doing normal things in an evil world.
co staring waluigi, smithys limo driver, behold as they engage in small talk while doing basic chores around town

MattX20

Smash Hero
I brought this up last month while we were waiting for 6 and I do think this is important. 10 days either before or after the Amiibo wave is when characters come out. If Hero and Joker are specifically coming on the 25th of September, this suggests a character will be released on or near the 15th. Lo and behold, the Polish Amiibo leak back in May is coincidentally set for September 18th.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/360765-polish-retailer-listing-may-point-to-amiibo-reprint-on-the-way

From what we've seen in the past, the gap between a "Sakurai Presents" and a character release is a week (Min Min) to a week and a half (Byleth). This means that 7's presentation would most likely be between September 7th and September 10th, the first full week of September.
My guess is the next amiibo wave released after Joker and the DQ Hero amiibo will probably point to FP8 being a November release

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My guess is the next amiibo wave released after Joker and the DQ Hero amiibo will probably point to FP8 being a November release
I think you're right for a variety of reasons:

-Past precedent.

-If our current theorycraft is correct, Geno coming out in September for the 35th Super Mario anniversary and Chief in November for the launch of the X Box Series X makes perfect sense.

-Next implied pairing would be Banjo and Terry. The Banjo Amiibo coming out with Chief's release also makes a ton of sense, just like Hero and Geno.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
On the whole thing with pumpkaboo, the whole thing stems from genuine concern. I can vouch for her that she was not "concern trolling". She genuinely cares. The problem was that everyone reacted so harshly, and sure maybe she should have taken a hint and stopped before it got to that point, but now she's frustrated being seen as the villain of the thread. Sometimes people act like a jerk because people treat them like one. Pumpkaboo is a genuinely good person.
I’m concerned about this too. While Pumpkaboo may sometimes word her posts in a way some people could misinterpret, and “the saddest people” wasn’t good to post (though that was more recent and kinda understandable), she genuinely cares and isn’t trying to actually bother anyone.

I replied to her about it before in another thread sometime back (probably some months, idk, my memory kinda sucks at this), and, while I don’t remember exactly how she said she felt, she did have a problem with people’s negative behavior, with some people being snarky or smart alecks or something. I don’t really remember what she said, but it was something like that. She seemed to genuinely like coming in here and just didn’t want anyone overhyping themselves or burning themselves out or getting too riled up about things, but people’s behavior started to ruin it for her as they treated her as a troll or enemy, at least that’s how it looks to me.

Now, I know most people in here aren’t like that, but we gotta admit sometimes we do have a few people be hostile to “outsiders,” admittedly including me in the past though it was towards trolls I would respond to rather than just report them and say nothing, so it isn’t directly relevant to the main point here (but is still an issue too even if personally I understand people getting mad at trolls). I think we should just tone it down a bit; if someone seems to be trying to pick a fight or trolling, just report them, but if someone is acting concerned like how Pumpkaboo is, let’s treat them like they genuinely care since they very well may.

I should’ve said something sooner tbh, I guess I just wasn’t sure about the whole thing (I believed and understood her and was sure she was being genuine though, that’s not what I mean) and wasn’t sure about getting involved...

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeah, what he said. Also in general as someone whose gotten dogpiled here before over saying things people disagreed with I don’t really feel like treating someone who purposely instigates issues within the thread with kid gloves just because someone has a relationship with them outside of the thread. Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I think you're right for a variety of reasons:

-Past precedent.

-If our current theorycraft is correct, Geno coming out in September for the 35th Super Mario anniversary and Chief in November for the launch of the X Box Series X makes perfect sense.

-Next implied pairing would be Banjo and Terry. The Banjo Amiibo coming out with Chief's release also makes a ton of sense, just like Hero and Geno.
That's a REALLY good theory (the only doubt I have is that both 2019 and 2020 would have a Square Rep and a Microsoft Rep as their E3 reveals).
Btw: your predictions still being the same only changing the orders, right? If that is the case we will get:
CP6: MinMin
CP7: Geno
CP8: Master Chief
CP9: Lloyd
CP10: Dante
CP11: Crash

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bit of theorycraft to consider. We've established that at least the next two Amiibo waves will be pairs: Joker and Hero, Banjo and Terry. Looking at Smash 4, if there's a significant gap between characters then they are typically released by themselves. Mewtwo was released by himself in October 2015. Lucas in December 2015. Roy and Ryu in April 2016. Cloud, Corrin, and Bayo in July 2017.

https://amiibo.life/releases

What can we take from this? Because of the significant gap between Byleth and Min-Min, Byleth will probably be released alone. This in mind, this is what we're potentially looking at:

Joker and Hero- September 2020

Banjo and Terry - November 2020

Male and female Byleth- January/February 2021

Min Min and 7- April 2021

8 and 9- June/July 2021

10 and 11 - September/October 2021

Based on this, the character announced in the fall Direct will possibly correlate with Byleth. Guess we'll see how things play out.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Bit of theorycraft to consider. We've established that at least the next two Amiibo waves will be pairs: Joker and Hero, Banjo and Terry. Looking at Smash 4, if there's a significant gap between characters then they are typically released by themselves. Mewtwo was released by himself in October 2015. Lucas in December 2015. Roy and Ryu in April 2016. Cloud, Corrin, and Bayo in July 2017.

https://amiibo.life/releases

What can we take from this? Because of the significant gap between Byleth and Min-Min, Byleth will probably be released alone. This in mind, this is what we're potentially looking at:

Joker and Hero- September 2020

Banjo and Terry - November 2020

Male and female Byleth- January/February 2021

Min Min and 7- April 2021

8 and 9- June/July 2021

10 and 11 - September/October 2021

Based on this, the character announced in the fall Direct will possibly correlate with Byleth. Guess we'll see how things play out.
If true, Lloyd and Rex fit the bill.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
So are we feeling an August reveal with a late September or October release? Or will it be a September reveal/Sakurai presents double whammy?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I know it isn't nintendo news, but here is another game trailer to quench your thirst for nintendo. At least for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom