• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Kelios isn't frustrated nor overwhelmed because he got negative attention. He is frustrated and overwhelmed because people are harassing him because it wasn't the Direct they thought he was teasing. Harassing someone is NEVER okay whatsoever.
Also because Nintendo pulled the rug from underneath him. He knew when the Direct would be *announced*, no less, so he's legit. People are just upset at him (unrightfully) because he got the Directs wrong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also because Nintendo pulled the rug from underneath him. He knew when the Direct would be *announced*, no less, so he's legit. People are just upset at him (unrightfully) because he got the Directs wrong.
Did he get it wrong? All he leaked was the date. That's it. He thought more was coming, but didn't really leak anything more.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Did he get it wrong? All he leaked was the date. That's it. He thought more was coming, but didn't really leak anything more.
He seemed to think that the Direct had a lot more to it than what we were getting (and hyped it accordingly), and was just as confused as the rest of us when it was only revealed to be a <10 minute video.

QQS

Smash Lord
For those who don’t know it yet, when you google “Geno” it’s the first thing that appears!

EED58DE4-9E4B-4E64-8837-54AF14988541.jpeg

Can you imagine how it will be when Geno officially joins the battle? I mean, it has been heavily requested since 2 decades, properly since Brawl. He was Trending Topic on Twitter (only in USA I think) and it will extend his legacy to other people who will fal in love with him, stores, Smash magazines, merchandising, amiibo, SMRPG ported to NSO and even maybe a remake/sequel of that game.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention the fact that nobody "leaked" any material or substantial information about what the supposed Direct was going to contain, the only thing we ever really saw were people teasing that something was on the way, as a means to get people interested in something that may or may not have been something cool to look forward to. They let us know the date of said event, and even what time it was going to be announced, but beyond that, what did we know? What did we get shared that was so secretive and attention-seeking? Honestly, nothing that most people came away expecting was ANYthing of note that was directly specified by any of the parties in question, let alone Kelios.

There is no reason for anybody to have gone after peoples' throats the way that some people have done, and if I'm being frank, I have been seeing a constant wave of irrational behavior and unwarranted aggression towards a ton of people, and it's the one main thing that is making me reconsider my stance as far as being a part of communities like this.

Griselda

Smash Lord
No green pigtailed girls in my dreams, this time, unfortunately. But something else happened. I dreamed that a SMRPG sequel was revealed, and the art style was made to modern standards in terms of the models' smoothness but intentionally resembled the original's style, with the characters being visibly made out of balls or other simple shapes stuck together. ...The title was something weird like 'SMRPG 2: Smithy Makes an Appointment', but eh.. it was still a SMRPG sequel. In the dream I was here and everyone was talking about it, but I had to go through several pages because of how quickly the thread was moving. The odd thing is, though, that Geno hadn't appeared in Smash yet, but people were posting comments from insiders who were confused and all swore he was in and that he should've been revealed before the game. Apparently Nintendo was also doing something odd like releasing the Fighters Pass on a physical cartridge even though they still had like two fighters left to reveal.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Glad you understood what I was getting at

for real

yall here are some of the saddest people I have ever met..
Aww look, you were trolling our community with, turns out, fake concern. Glad you took off the mask to reveal your true shiftiness. Damn, guess I'll get warned again for being right

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Aww look, you were trolling our community with, turns out, fake concern. Glad you took off the mask to reveal your true shiftiness. Damn, guess I'll get warned again for being right
Glad that you're returning just to come out of your way to antagonize the same member again after you just got done being warned for being toxic the first time. The hell's your beef?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Glad that you're returning just to come out of your way to antagonize the same member again after you just got done being warned for being toxic the first time. The hell's your beef?
Best thing to do is report posts like that. Otherwise it just makes the thread worse since it continues beyond it.

Replying to someone attacking another user is often pointless since it drags more people into the mess. If they're breaking the rules, a report does a better job of quelling the fire.

Droodle

Smash Lord
It’s annoying they are getting harassed for basically trying to do something Nintendo wouldn’t do. Give us something to look forward too. I’m really hoping we get some Nintendo based stuff soon.
Yeah. They got pretty much what they were initially claiming right, a July direct. Sure the direct was underwhelming, but most insiders were thrown off by how little was actually shown off. There's enough people backing the fact that the direct had the good **** in it, and Nintendo pretty much messed up hard.

My optimistic guess is that Nintendo planned to do a full blown direct today, but couldn't get a some of their own materials ready in time. So they decided to put out most of the "filler" stuff in this direct, which threw everyone off for a loop. A ton of insiders are practically saying this is the case including Kelios, and most people are expecting Bravely Default 2/Pikmin 3 Deluxe to release relatively soon, so it makes 0 sense to hold it off from this direct unless they just plan on doing twitter drops, but at that point why weren't these twitter drops too?

I said previously that I think September will be the next major direct, but now I'm leaning more towards August though there will probably be 1 more partner showcase before then.

If the direct was truly split up in the last week or so, it would also explain why a ton of insiders were "hinting" at Geno. I think we should be pretty optimistic about his chances (and that's coming from someone who tends to be very realistic). I know there's good **** coming, it's just taking us a while to get there.

Also harassing anyone isn't right. Especially insiders whose "crime" is that they were right, but were also optimistic. Imagine getting that upset over vadeo gaems.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Droodle Droodle the more I think about it is because so many insiders were believing it was going to be much better than expected does make me lean towards a more “Nintendo” featured direct of some sort sooner than later. If all the inside guys were caught off guard and totally surprised, you know something is up.

Im hoping it’s sooner than later. Nintendo really needs to save face.

Griselda

Smash Lord
On the topic of the several people joking around about Geno.. what else do you expect them to say, even if it turns out that they weren't joking and know that he's coming soon? I'm pretty sure them responding with "No, I was serious. Geno is the next fighter." would be a pretty dangerous thing for them to say outright, wouldn't it?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Droodle Droodle the more I think about it is because so many insiders were believing it was going to be much better than expected does make me lean towards a more “Nintendo” featured direct of some sort sooner than later. If all the inside guys were caught off guard and totally surprised, you know something is up.

I would like to raise an even crazier thought. What if it wasn't JUST insiders that had some miscommunications with Nintendo/their sources...but a certain retailer? (GameStop and the Geno fiasco). One of my crazy thoughts, but wouldn't that be something.

EDIT: Fun speculation for the time

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord

All I'm going to say is that expectations for the next direct are going to be through the roof. It'll be 1 year since the last "true" direct, and Nintendo hasn't been good in general in terms of news since then (they've literally tried to carry themselves with AC). This direct just raised the expectations even higher, the next direct should be GOLDEN, if Nintendo really are sitting on a backlog of gems to announce.

That said, I will say that the marketing team at Nintendo is pretty clearly in a colossal mess. I'm not Nintendo, but if they really pushed back most of the content; then NOW would be a good time to announce when we can expect the next bit of news. I know they play it close to the ear, but this is just pure stubbornness. If they sent out a tweet saying the NEXT general direct will be in the second week of August, I'm pretty sure the negative backlash would slow down a ton.

So what I'm saying is Nintendo Direct MEGA when?

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
At this point, for me atleast, it's genuinely harder to say Geno isn't in this fighters pass.

That's not just because I want him in, it just seems wrong to think he doesn't make the cut due to all of the oddities surrounding him specifically.

Sure if he really doesn't I'm setting myself up for disappointment but, I really don't think I would be.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I had just noticed, isn't weird/awesome to think that we get 60 pages in 3 days?
No. In fact, I hate it. That's 60 pages we could've used to discuss the Cuban Missle Crisis.

No green pigtailed girls in my dreams, this time, unfortunately. But something else happened. I dreamed that a SMRPG sequel was revealed, and the art style was made to modern standards in terms of the models' smoothness but intentionally resembled the original's style, with the characters being visibly made out of balls or other simple shapes stuck together. ...The title was something weird like 'SMRPG 2: Smithy Makes an Appointment', but eh.. it was still a SMRPG sequel. In the dream I was here and everyone was talking about it, but I had to go through several pages because of how quickly the thread was moving. The odd thing is, though, that Geno hadn't appeared in Smash yet, but people were posting comments from insiders who were confused and all swore he was in and that he should've been revealed before the game. Apparently Nintendo was also doing something odd like releasing the Fighters Pass on a physical cartridge even though they still had like two fighters left to reveal.
What are you smoking and can I have some?

D

Deleted member

Really though Nintendo does need to reveal some heavy hitters soon, aside from Min Min in Smash and the Origami King, there hasn't been a lot.

But I feel like, once the news comes, the wait will definitely have been worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I just got back from work and saw the direct before leaving and man...

That was a direct alright. I got just what I expected and in some aspects we got stuff.

I DID NOT expect SMT V or the other remaster/remake news at all. That was a pleasant surprise. Regardless of it's dates, we got something new on a big title. That is a win.

Other titles are not ideal but they were not as bad as a Bakugan Type of announcement (I wouldn't mind having phrase as a way to scale a direct/stream presentation from now on, LOL). It was fine. That WWE title looks fine. The FPS title looks decent for it's genre. And Cadence looks cool.

Now, I understand that some people are bothered with the direct but look at it this way, whoever predicted the mini direct like it, WAS RIGHT. Regardless of content, was correct. So, I'm willing to give the 'leaker' the benefit of the doubt. (Maybe that's because I'm very forgiving but, oh well)

If what I have seen is true and like on the Twitter post said, we'll see more directs in this style spread throughout instead of being in the dark for a lot of time, I welcome it. I prefer the normal type of direct but all things considered, this would be ideal.

Hopefully things pick up as time goes on.

:bowser:.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Nintendo keeps tweeting about Waluigi
Nintendo should do something with Waluigi. If not a series of his own, he should be included in a main series title like Wario in SM64DS. Give Waluigi a cool special ability. Just anything. I feel like there's more potential than just an extra slot to fill in party games.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
If it's that hilarious you'd be wise to share, comrade.
They went from during the Grinch fiasco being like "This is definitely fake, and we don't need to prove why it is, trust us." And getting mad for people not believing them with no evidence. To, "Guys, we're not so different after all."

Get out of here with that crap. They lost the illusion of them being all knowing with this Direct and now their hubris can't be backed up by being right. Which has allowed them to get away with behaving like this for so long.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
When Geno makes it in, that would mean half of the characters from the Grinch leak would end up making into Smash anyway (Ken, Banjo & Kazooie and Geno). That would just leave Isaac, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids left, and I'm fine with there not being a Rhythm Heaven rep myself imo.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
When Geno makes it in, that would mean half of the characters from the Grinch leak would end up making into Smash anyway (Ken, Banjo & Kazooie and Geno). That would just leave Isaac, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids left, and I'm fine with there not being a Rhythm Heaven rep myself imo.
Actually it'd be slightly less than half, since Shadow wouldn't be in as well. Still, 3/7 wouldn't be bad at all.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Nintendo should do something with Waluigi. If not a series of his own, he should be included in a main series title like Wario in SM64DS. Give Waluigi a cool special ability. Just anything. I feel like there's more potential than just an extra slot to fill in party games.
Or hell, make him an actual ****ing character in a Mario game instead of being relegated to spin off hell

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Nintendo keeps tweeting about Waluigi
View attachment 279544
Despite apparently liking Waluigi for posts like that, Nintendo does not use him for other things except spin-offs. I get that they envision him like that but they can do so much more. It's because of Tanabe's statements that they get (him, Miyamoto, AND Nintendo's views) so much flack.

They can do so much with what they have but they don't. I don't know why they don't at least do so as an extra content for a game, then sporadic appearances and then, in time, a decidated turn for the character.

If only, if only...

:bowser:.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I would love to at least see Karate Joe. Even if he doesn't do much but punch and upper cut, he would still at least be really awesome.

Plus more Rhythm Heaven music would be a plus!

It would be really strange to come to that realization. I think there is at least some kind of poetic justice if we do see half of the Grinch Leak characters getting into the game. Gamexplain won't touch the Gamestop one but they jumped on the F-Zero twitter handle among other things. Man if Gamestop and Cacomallow just turn out to be coincidences after this whole thing, it is probably safe to say we are the most cursed fanbase in all of gaming lol

Attachments

D

Deleted member

On the topic of insiders Geno posting, like others said, they’re probably joking/being fans like Jeff Grubb and André. Imran Kahn though, I’m not sure if he really is a fan of SMRPG himself. I believe Imran Kahn talked about the game but never mentioned Geno. He wouldn’t outright mention a character if he was hinting. Honestly, leakers probably don’t want to leak or haven’t heard anything at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
So, as a K Rool and Banjo fan I thought I'd give my Genovian family here some encouragement after that direct and reflect on things. (WARNING: Long post ahead!)

I know many of the forum regulars don't know me and even in the K Rool and Banjo circles I was no more than a fellow hoper. A well wisher at most who couldn't contribute to the campaigns, as I don't have any art skill, theory intel or leak knowlege...but one thing I saw in both fandoms was DRIVE! Relentless, passionate drive to get their character IN the game by any means, not just talk about it. The kind of collective drive that showcases the power of organization and TEAMWORK!

For K. Rool, we had the #KrocTheVote and #BringBackKRool "Kampaigns" which were lead by people like BKupa666 BKupa666 and others. Constantly, we would latch ourselves to any rumors we could. EVEN having the horror of a Mii costume couldn't stop us. We made art, and fan videos, and meme'd the pants off of that damned costume so hard that it became part of Smash culture to an extent. Just like Ridley and being "Too Big", we took the "Irrelevant" argument and threw it back at them!

Indeed, even with Banjo seeming as unlikely as ever, We never ceased to make our voices heard. Even when both groups were seen as insufferable cults by the "Majority", we stayed the course because we knew the importance of keeping these characters we loved alive. We understood that even through all of the bullying, the memes and seemingly never-ending disappointment, our cause MEANT something. It wasn't about fan service or pleasing a minority. It was about showing Nintendo and Microsoft that these characters deserved to be preserved for a new generation of fans to enjoy.

After their releases, this is exactly what happened. Make no mistake: Super Smash Bros. IS the "Kingmaker" of games and one only needs to look at the fan bases of both characters to see how they are now perpetually thriving and vibrant. K. Rool is now synonymous with his Gangplank Galleon remix as opposed to the "Relic" he was seen as before, and Banjo's been even further cemented as a gaming icon with tons of new fans being created and discovering the games for the first time, In short, both of these efforts were a resounding success,

The fact remains, however, that this was not without struggle and hardship. It takes a lot of dedication to yell loud enough that a corporation like Nintendo can hear you (See Mother 3 as an example) and the road to validation and vindication for your support can be long, arduous and even thankless. I know there are times many of you must feel as they once did: Tired, angry and questioning "Why? Why do we put ourselves through this? Are they right? Is Geno better off left in the past and forgotten?! Will Nintendo EVER listen to us?" - It's true, Banjo and K. Rool were in no small way lucky to be chosen even WITH our support, but take heed of what I'm about to tell you... THE SAME THINGS THAT MADE THEM POSSIBLE ARE THE SAME THINGS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HAVE DONE AND ARE CONTINUING TO DO THUS FAR! You all HAVE the same spirit (No pun intended) they had, AND an incredible amount of evidence in your favor to boot! I dare say, you may even be more resilient and more steadfast than they were at times! In fact, now is the time to rise above and show it! If anything, the pain you feel in your hearts from the direct yesterday should provide you with EVEN MORE resolve to keep fighting, regardless of what happens next! I can personally assure you that no matter what may come out of all this, in the end I will have been able to say from the bottom of my heart that I have grown to love both Geno and SMRPG itself over the last few years not only because it's a great game with an amazing character, but because the community BEHIND it is amazing as well. I'll repeat that: It's not just the game and everything about it. It's every single one of you. I will never look at what I thought was at the most a cool character the same way ever again. He has become so much more to me and I have all of you to thank for it.

It is with those words, then, that i send all of you that still wait with hope on the outskirts of Star Road my OWN wishes: KEEP GOING! Spread that Geno-SMRPG love far and wide across the Nintendo community! To some, the reasons for your cause may seem hard for them to pronounce, so just tell them "GENO FOR SMASH!!" and imagine the rejoicing to come when that star finally falls! Think of all the reaction videos to Geno's reveal you'll get to watch that will be saved into compilations on YouTube for years to come afterward, all because people like you decided long ago that what you wanted WASN'T "Irrelevant"! That your feelings WERE valid! That YOU could make it happen - and you know what? If history has taught me anything, if you keep working to bring about that future, sooner or later that's exactly what it will be.

In closing, I urge you all to join me in looking to the future as Fighter #77 draws near, Even in the midst of all that's happened, I know one thing: I'm not going anywhere and neither should any of you. This ride is FAR from over and if ANY of these insiders are right, one way or another the best is still yet to come. So, what have we got to lose? Let's all see this thing through together, right up to the end and beyond! :)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
So, as a K Rool and Banjo fan I thought I'd give my Genovian family here some encouragement after that direct and reflect on things. (WARNING: Long post ahead!)

I know many of the forum regulars don't know me and even in the K Rool and Banjo circles I was no more than a fellow hoper. A well wisher at most who couldn't contribute to the campaigns, as I don't have any art skill, theory intel or leak knowlege...but one thing I saw in both fandoms was DRIVE! Relentless, passionate drive to get their character IN the game by any means, not just talk about it. The kind of collective drive that showcases the power of organization and TEAMWORK!

For K. Rool, we had the #KrocTheVote and #BringBackKRool "Kampaigns" which were lead by people like BKupa666 BKupa666 and others. Constantly, we would latch ourselves to any rumors we could. EVEN having the horror of a Mill costume couldn't stop us. We made art, and fan videos, and meme'd the pants off of that damned costume so hard that it became part of Smash culture to an extent. Just like Ridley and being "Too Big", we took the "Irrelevant" argument and threw it back at them!

Indeed, even with Banjo seeming as unlikely as ever, We never ceased to make our voices heard. Even when both groups were seen as insufferable cults by the "Majority", we stayed the course because we knew the importance of keeping these characters we loved alive. We understood that even through all of the bullying, the memes and seemingly never-ending disappointment, our cause MEANT something. It wasn't about fan service or pleasing a minority. It was about showing Nintendo and Microsoft that these characters deserved to be preserved for a new generation of fans to enjoy.

After their releases, this is exactly what happened. Make no mistake: Super Smash Bros. IS the "Kingmaker" of games and one only needs to look at the fan bases of both characters to see how they are now perpetually thriving and vibrant. K. Rool is now synonymous with his Gangplank Galleon remix as opposed to the "Relic" he was seen as before, and Banjo's been even further cemented as a gaming icon with tons of new fans being created and discovering the games for the first time, In short, both of these efforts were a resounding success,

The fact remains, however, that this was not without struggle and hardship. It takes a lot of dedication to yell loud enough that a corporation like Nintendo can hear you (See Mother 3 as an example) and the road to validation and vindication for your support can be a long, arduous and even thankless. I know there are times many of you must feel as they once did: Tired, angry and questioning "Why? Why do we put ourselves through this? Are they right? Is Geno better off left in the past and forgotten?! Will Nintendo EVER listen to us?" - It's true, Banjo and K. Rool were in no small way lucky to be chosen even WITH our support, but take heed of what I'm about to tell you... THE SAME THINGS THAT MADE THEM POSSIBLE ARE THE SAME THINGS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HAVE DONE AND ARE CONTINUING TO DO THUS FAR! You all HAVE the same spirit (No pun intended) they had, AND an incredible amount of evidence in your favor to boot! I dare say, you may even be more resilient and more steadfast than they were at times! In fact, now is the time to rise above and show it! If anything, the pain you feel in your hearts from the direct yesterday should provide you with EVEN MORE resolve to keep fighting, regardless of what happens next! I can personally assure you that no matter what may come out of all this, in the end I will have been able to say from the bottom of my heart that I have grown to love both Geno and SMRPG itself over the last few years not only because it's a great game with an amazing character, but because the community BEHIND it is amazing as well. I'll repeat that: It's not just the game and everything about it. It's every single one of you. I will never look at what I thought was at the most a cool character the same way ever again. He has become so much more to me and I have all of you to thank for it.

It is with those words, then, that i send all of you that still wait with hope on the outskirts of Star Road my OWN wishes: KEEP GOING! Spread that Geno-SMRPG love far and wide across the Nintendo community! To some, the reasons for your cause may seem hard for them to pronounce, so just tell them "GENO FOR SMASH!!" and imagine the rejoicing to come when that star finally falls! Think of all the reaction videos to Geno's reveal you'll get to watch that will be saved into compilations on YouTube for years to come afterward, all because people like you decided long ago that what you wanted WASN'T "Irrelevant"! That your feelings WERE valid! That YOU could make it happen - and you know what? If history has taught me anything, if you keep working to bring about that future, sooner or later that's exactly what it will be.

In closing, I urge you all to join me in looking to the future as Fighter #77 draws near, Even in the midst of all that's happened, I know one thing: I'm not going anywhere and neither should any of you. This ride is FAR from over and if ANY of these insiders are right, one way or another the best is still yet to come. So, what have we got to lose? Let's all see this thing through together, right up to the end and beyond! :)
Nice post my friend. The family will be complete when Geno joins the battle very soon. The family for me are: Ridley, KKR, B-K & Geno. After those 4, we could add Isaac, Sora, Bandana, Dixie, Krystal, Crash, Rayman, Lloyd, Waluigi and probably a few more.

Im saying that Geno is the King now because I love him and he is my most wanted since Mega Man; but yes probably Isaac and Sora fans feel the same and it’s totally valid also. I would be happy if all of us got their most wanted playable.

Geno will bring so much joy to the game and the fans. Also it will be a good deal $ between Nintendo and Square. Even more people that don’t know Geno will have the chance to know Geno. For example like me, I didn’t play Joker, Byleth, Snake and many more franchises before their inclusion into Smash. Thanks to Smash I could see outside of Nintendo and it’s nice. I was more a Classic Guy born in 1990 and always attached to: Geno, Mega Man, Banjo-Kazooie, Sonic and a few more.

Well anyway, Geno will seal this long 2 decades and will put an end to all of this, just to begin another brighter chapter.

GENO FALLS AND STARS IN!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Mario as a whole is a large and storied franchise, so it's a shame Nintendo is still stuck in their ways. The franchise has so many great and beloved characters from 35 years of history that don't get ever get used after their initial appearance. Outside of the lucky few "core" characters, everyone else is relegated to RPGs and sports games. There's no reason Waluigi, Daisy, Geno, Mallow, and the Paper Mario cast need to be absent from the mainline games, and yet they are. It doesn't help matters when even the new Mario RPGs don't have new characters. Even characters originating from the platformers aren't safe. Toadsworth dropped off the face of the Earth, the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. get replaced by randoms like Broodals at the drop of a hat, and even Luigi is lucky to show up in a 3D platformer these days. But even with these restrictions, the series is still great of course, but I can't help but wonder of the potential if the series actually used its impressive roster of characters more often.

But back to Geno, I agree with the sentiment that Geno feels like the fourth member of a four-piece Triforce (Quadriforce?), the other three of course being Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo. Characters whose fanbases have been struggling for over a decade to get their character in, characters who get a lot of undeserved hate from the larger Smash community, and (for 3 of the 4) characters whose efforts have finally been rewarded in Ultimate. I'm going to be fully honest and admit that I'll still be 100% satisfied with the roster even if Geno doesn't make it (I got my two most-wanted characters since I was a kid, after all), but damn would it be something special if Geno got in too. I'm rooting for you guys.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Even if those who were posting and teasing about Geno were only doing it because they were fans of the character, I feel like they should know that the current climate isn't really suited to that, at present. Geno's been at the top of discussion lately, coming off of the GameStop thing (whether it's a leak or a simple slip up), and even many people who don't like him are starting to feel like he's likely - he shows up all the time in fake leaks and speculation, to the point where it feels like if you want your fake leak to seem legit, you drop him in there even if you don't care for him. I don't really see how 'making fun of the situation' is a decent thing to do, either, if that's what it amounts to.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
You ruin the point of the community by constantly comparing yourselves to others. By collecting Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno into this "set" you forget about everything that individually makes the characters and fanbases they have all built up. It's not the similarities to the other three that would get Geno in, it's the individualities of his situation. Who, truly, is nothing like any other character has or ever will be.

Even if those who were posting and teasing about Geno were only doing it because they were fans of the character, I feel like they should know that the current climate isn't really suited to that, at present. Geno's been at the top of discussion lately, coming off of the GameStop thing (whether it's a leak or a simple slip up), and even many people who don't like him are starting to feel like he's likely - he shows up all the time in fake leaks and speculation, to the point where it feels like if you want your fake leak to seem legit, you drop him in there even if you don't care for him. I don't really see how 'making fun of the situation' is a decent thing to do, either, if that's what it amounts to.
I disagree, he's always been the "throw him in the fake leak" character. The climate hasn't really changed for him at all. Only people heavily invested in Smash speculation took ANY attention to the GameStop leak.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
You ruin the point of the community by constantly comparing yourselves to others. By collecting Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno into this "set" you forget about everything that individually makes the characters and fanbases they have all built up. It's not the similarities to the other three that would get Geno in, it's the individualities of his situation. Who, truly, is nothing like any other character has or ever will be.

I disagree, he's always been the "throw him in the fake leak" character. The climate hasn't really changed for him at all. Only people heavily invested in Smash speculation took ANY attention to the GameStop leak.
It is my opinion that you, as an outsider on these issues we face, will never understand them the way we do, You see what we do as cultist and that;s fine, However, let me be blunt: Whatever you think of us as a community or my actions as an individual member of it, it is in no way my or anyone else's concern. We know who we are and what we want, and we are prepared to stand for it.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Imagine having your whole life ahead of you and wasting your time complaining about a character and fandom you don’t like. We’ll be here seeing the momentum the character has built up for what it is and you can continue having Geno live in your head rent free lmao

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

For K. Rool, we had the #KrocTheVote and #BringBackKRool "Kampaigns" which were lead by people like BKupa666 BKupa666 and others. Constantly, we would latch ourselves to any rumors we could. EVEN having the horror of a Mill costume couldn't stop us. We made art, and fan videos, and meme'd the pants off of that damned costume so hard that it became part of Smash culture to an extent. Just like Ridley and being "Too Big", we took the "Irrelevant" argument and threw it back at them!

The fact remains, however, that this was not without struggle and hardship. It takes a lot of dedication to yell loud enough that a corporation like Nintendo can hear you (See Mother 3 as an example) and the road to validation and vindication for your support can be a long, arduous and even thankless. I know there are times many of you must feel as they once did: Tired, angry and questioning "Why? Why do we put ourselves through this? Are they right? Is Geno better off left in the past and forgotten?! Will Nintendo EVER listen to us?" - It's true, Banjo and K. Rool were in no small way lucky to be chosen even WITH our support, but take heed of what I'm about to tell you... THE SAME THINGS THAT MADE THEM POSSIBLE ARE THE SAME THINGS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HAVE DONE AND ARE CONTINUING TO DO THUS FAR! You all HAVE the same spirit (No pun intended) they had, AND an incredible amount of evidence in your favor to boot! I dare say, you may even be more resilient and more steadfast than they were at times! In fact, now is the time to rise above and show it! If anything, the pain you feel in your hearts from the direct yesterday should provide you with EVEN MORE resolve to keep fighting, regardless of what happens next! I can personally assure you that no matter what may come out of all this, in the end I will have been able to say from the bottom of my heart that I have grown to love both Geno and SMRPG itself over the last few years not only because it's a great game with an amazing character, but because the community BEHIND it is amazing as well. I'll repeat that: It's not just the game and everything about it. It's every single one of you. I will never look at what I thought was at the most a cool character the same way ever again. He has become so much more to me and I have all of you to thank for it.

Hear hear! I couldn't agree more! Thank you so much for your kind words. Your post makes me think of this image in particular, one of my favorites:
1567811443592.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom