• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hey, it's only in the u.s. that super mario has a 35th anniversary.
And if a Donkey kong game is coming, it's for next year. So it would be the 40th anniversary.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. If SMT V and a Cadence DLC dump are the "bad news" that "needed to be gotten out of the way first" according to Kelios, it really puts things in perspective. A 3 1/2 MIA game finally getting a release date and Nintendo's first "Nindie" collab basically quintupling its content are not "bad news" by any stretch of the imagination unless there are notably better things on the way. That's the big takeaway here and, despite my left eye probably looking like K. Rool's at moment, I think things are going to work out in the end.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Not to mention that Cadence getting a massive DLC dump a year later is really impressive too. I'm fuming right now and could bite a telephone pole in half but I'll STILL say you lovely and understanding MFs should be optimistic about the future and I'll say why:

-SMT was vaporware for 3 1/2 years. Kelios flat out called this "filler." That should give you an idea of stuff that's in the pipeline.

-SMT on the NSO really was a hint about the future and should make us consider other things.

Now for two big things:

-3 of 4 of Mii Costume Guy's secret Mii costumes have now had summer announcements or leaks tied to them as of today.

-Cadence of Hyrule was just the beginning of Nintendo indie projects. There's more on the way. From my own sources, at least four, all different Nintendo IPs, and two have a decent chance of showing up by the end of the summer, especially with Cadence DLC being "filler" according to Kelios.

I'm wildly annoyed but, even then, I'd say we're on track for good things in the near future.
Kelios calling a release date for a JRPG filler is great, considering that we’ve had Directs whose RPG elements (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy remakes) where the high-tier reveals. Can’t think of many regular Directs where the existence of SMTV would be “filler”, actually.

And yeah, Cadence showing up again was really nice! Always had a soft spot for it and while I haven’t bought it, it was always fun to see in previous Directs. She was part of MCG’s line-up too, wasn’t she?
I think DK and Kirby could be great 2021 Q1/Q2 releases

MattX20

Smash Hero
I dunno. If SMT V and a Cadence DLC dump are the "bad news" that "needed to be gotten out of the way first" according to Kelios, it really puts things in perspective. A 3 1/2 MIA game finally getting a release date and Nintendo's first "Nindie" collab basically quintupling its content are not "bad news" by any stretch of the imagination unless there are notably better things on the way. That's the big takeaway here and, despite my left eye probably looking like K. Rool's at moment, I think things are going to work out in the end.
Let's hope so. I don't think I can go through any more negative bouts like this for an extended period of time

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hey, it's only in the u.s. that super mario has a 35th anniversary.
And if a Donkey kong game is coming, it's for next year. So it would be the 40th anniversary.
No, Nintendo celebrates the Super Mario Bros anniversary based on the NES release, which is 1985 in both Japan and US. I'm with you on Donkey Kong though.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'm wondering if, after Geno gets in, I should revert to the pre-Ultimate state of not only not caring about leaks, but also being completely unaware of them.
Tbh, i think that would be probably the last time I care about gaming news altogether. Vgames and the culture has changed so much since I was a teen.
Almost all the classics 3rd party are dead or the teams behind them have the name only. I have no interest in the ps5 or xone.

domriver

Smash Lord
I did take note of that. He called it all "filler" games first. The 8 minute direct was underwhelming. Congrats to SHIN fans. Happy for them and Cadence likewise. Im sure better things are to come. I just hope pretty soon. Lets wait and see.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
i wonder what are the chances of us getting another mini next Monday
There's maintenance periods scheduled for the 27th (next Monday) and August 3rd (the Monday after). Depending on if maintenance periods usually coincide with Directs ( Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , didn't you say you were gonna look into this? Found anything yet?), it's possible we'll get another one next Monday.

D

Deleted member

The Japanese direct was more interesting than the international one. What the actual hell???
I mean, it wasn't great, mind you - but it was a MILLIONS times better than the WWE crap.

Tbh, i think that would be probably the last time I care about gaming news altogether. Vgames and the culture has changed so much since I was a teen.
Almost all the classics 3rd party are dead or the teams behind them have the name only. I have no interest in the ps5 or xone.
This. The culture is nothing like how I remember it. Seems they've lost any sense of passion they had.

I trust those insiders, I just hate how Nintendo is a garbage company. We all got sucker punched here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
I think one of the reasons Nintendo leakers or insiders tend to get so much crap is because Nintendo beats their own drum and then still decides to move to a different beat. That info loop then becomes the insiders passing on information where Sony/MS would do it themselves and then when the blowback happens they're the one front and center instead of cushioned behind the corporate face.

Please keep doing what you're doing Fatman, Kelios, and everyone else. For every one jagoff, there are 100 people who are truly happy someone is willing to risk the slings and arrows of internet jockeys to provide info for a community starved for outreach - especially right now.

And maybe take a break too, even if it is for a week to reset. We love you.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The Japanese direct was more interesting than the international one. What the actual hell???
I mean, it wasn't great, mind you - but it was a MILLIONS times better than the WWE crap.
Interesting to note: Sakuna had a tweet AFTER the Direct showing the release for the Americas (was on the Japanese one) and Rogue Company is a shadow drop, but they didn't tell anything about it;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, this game that I was referring to earlier is coming out in November, but they just outright didn't show it in our direct. I thought for sure this would be a case of "too much **** to translate" but it seems I was wrong.

Now I'm really curious as to what they're up to. Maybe Xseed didn't get back to them in time with confidence that it would be done this year.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
There's apparently maintenance going on around then, so it's not unlikely.

Also, it took me a full minute to realize that your avatar is not, in fact, Kakyoin.
He's great but nope but there were only 3 good things in this mini so if we really get something next Monday only god knows what they'll show

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The direct today was specified as the July Partners Direct Mini, yes, but that doesn't mean they can't have a July Nintendo Direct Mini next week on 7/27 and then the August Partners Direct Mini on 8/3 the week after, followed by an August Nintendo Direct Mini on 8/10. Someone mentioned that NoE uploaded 4 videos, those are probably the trailers that they showed in here + the mini itself, but if not, we could be getting up to four of these and basically a month of E3 content instead of one big Direct. From a consumer standpoint it seems kinda stupid and doesn't really make much sense? But if the goal is to keep shareholders happy and also to strongly swerve away from games that don't have definitive release dates to avoid having to make delay announcements, then they're doing their job even if we're getting jerked around as a result.

Also, don't shoot the messengers guys, it's not hard. Not you guys specifically, but in general - if you want to be mad, be bad, but don't take it out on other people. If you absolutely feel like you have to, then take it out on Nintendo and voice your displeasure to them, not to the insiders who got jerked around by Nintendo's antics too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's maintenance periods scheduled for the 27th (next Monday) and August 3rd (the Monday after). Depending on if maintenance periods usually coincide with Directs ( Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , didn't you say you were gonna look into this? Found anything yet?), it's possible we'll get another one next Monday.
I'm at work, currently snarfing a pain au chocolat and a cup of coffee because I need my energy later to go into nursing homes and sneeze into people's mouths apparently because I'm literally the Worst™ by general consensus. Resume building activities aside, I'll probably do it after work but three more "weekly" episodes honestly sounds right from a basic glance and that's annoying as hell...

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Honestly, it felt like it wasn't my place to tell people to keep their expectations in check but I do regret not saying "what I think Fatman is trying to say is he's confident based on the full extent of his information available both on and off record.....because it's theorycrafting. Insiders and leakers he's in touch with are not going to have every detail regardless of theorycrafting."

it's true. No one lied. No one misled. They worked with the best of their knowledge and allowed themselves to feel joy and excitement.
If there's any Invader Zim fans out there, perhaps you'd remember Operation Head Pigeons. That was something I joined the leadership committee of sorts for once it gained legitimacy. We were left in the dark about a lot but when we heard anything it was enough to theorycraft. Sometimes we were on the mark about it: new Zim content would happen. Sometimes we were wrong and assumed Jhonen Vasquez wanted to do a full season just because of how he worded things. Sometimes we were hoping that with our connections we'd get an immediate greenlight after a fanmailing event we carefuly planned a year in advance.

It took years to get the comics and even more for the Netflix movie to happen.

Yes, advocates get opportunities to learn things but FatmanOnIce doesn't deserve any mistreatment and if we kept our expectations in check and carefully paid attention to how he presented himself, we (including myself) would have been less assumptive that today was a lock.

When real life friends started asking me about the direct I was like "well..... there's this guy that for Geno fans is like.... ****... just picture a CB Johnny for Geno. He seems really happy but he's not a leaker. He's a trusted advocate. We'll see"

We saw. We got Cadence of Hyrule and an update on SMT V and an SMT remake. That's still fantastic if THAT wasn't worth putting on a major direct.

I say we be confident for the road ahead.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , please continue taking care of yourself. Do whatever you need to and remember that no fan is entitled to anything from you beyond kindness or courtesy. Enjoy a nice warm hug from your wife today. Enjoy several.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm at work, currently snarfing a pain au chocolat and a cup of coffee because I need my energy later to go into nursing homes and sneeze into people's mouths apparently because I'm literally the Worst™ by general consensus. Resume building activities aside, I'll probably do it after work but three more "weekly" episodes honestly sounds right from a basic glance and that's annoying as hell...
I trust you. What the hell is going on at Nintendo? I'm guessing none of the insiders know, judging by Imran's and Kelios' comments.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I looked into this the date thing, and there seems to be some maintenance prior to any directs. I really thought there was some connection between maintenance and directs, but it could mean they do some work on the online services in preparation for a direct for releases, preorders, etc.

So not really any solid connection.

D

Deleted member

I need my energy later to go into nursing homes and sneeze into people's mouths apparently because I'm literally the Worst™ by general consensus.
This is the top quality humor I signed up for. Absolutely never change.

Oldhead

Smash Rookie
The past 12 hours on this thread:

Geno, more like GEmo.

wow that mini was bad, but the stars are still aligned for the Doll Who Should Have Been In Brawl.

Keep the faith, Genovians

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Watching "Insiders" scramble and try to defend themselves is absolutely hilarious.
If it's that hilarious you'd be wise to share, comrade.

I have changed my profile pic to reflect how I feel about Geno's chances as CP7.

This is the endgame.
Yeah, I think Geno's chances not being affected is the one thing we can all mutually take away from this.

Griselda

Smash Lord
...What if Geno's been finished and ready for release for several months now, but we don't get him until late next year because Nintendo?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
...What if Geno's been finished and ready for release for several months now, but we don't get him until late next year because Nintendo?
Whether it's Geno or some other character, being finished and then not being released or even revealed for months on end would just su-diddley-uck.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey Guys, A Fellow Brother on Gamefaqs might have found something interesting

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78859459/942350976

Shout out to Psystrike95. If you read the Post, it would seem that everytime that the New Tag dissappears, we get a 3rd Party Character. If the New Tag Stays up, we are getting a 1st Party Character (This seem to Apply to DLC Characters, I think with Base it was every character)

We need to do further investigation with the Internet Archive, but if this is actually a thing, This could be useful for Predicting Characters. Yes

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78859459/942350976

Shout out to Psystrike95. If you read the Post, it would seem that everytime that the New Tag dissappears, we get a 3rd Party Character. If the New Tag Stays up, we are getting a 1st Party Character (This seem to Apply to DLC Characters, I think with Base it was every character)

We need to do further investigation with the Internet Archive, but if this is actually a thing, This could be useful for Predicting Characters. Yes
So basically, with the "New" tag having disappeared recently, we can expect the next character to be third-party?

Another point for Geno possibly being next, even if it isn't much.

D

Deleted member

Not to diss on potential Geno evidence but when 2/3 of the newcomers are third party, we're not really catching onto a pattern as much as we found two times that Nintendo slept on maintaining their website. Not to mention that we had pretty rapid-fire reveals there for a while.

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
Cheer up yall! You think after years and years of waiting, us Waiting another month or two is that horrible? We got this... Grab a soda drink and a chocolate bar, treat yourself and carry on like the champs you all are and Fatmanonice, your still gonna be the go to guy in this thread dont worry, leaks and rumors arent law after all.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

But didn't the new tag disappear before Isabelle's reveal, though? And I believe it also happened with the November 1st Direct as well, but I'm not too sure...

7NATOR

Smash Master
But didn't the new tag disappear before Isabelle's reveal, though? And I believe it also happened with the November 1st Direct as well, but I'm not too sure...
I was just under the Assumption it only Applied to DLC Characters. Like I said, we need to do some investigation

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm sorry FMOI but after today's events I can no longer support you. I mean, really--"pain au chocolat" instead of "chocolatine"? Uncultured swine.

:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom