• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shin Megami Tensei V is a pretty big deal though. And a remake of three. Neat!

The Necrodancer is neat.

Rest I don't really care about.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
"This is the first in a series"

We are getting no direct this year. Oh my god. We are going to reach the one year mark.

Look, good for *SPOILER* fans, but 1. I think fans of a certain OTHER franchise people want on Switch are probably going to be pretty mad right now (this is better than that, but just warning you) and 2. REVEALING 2021 GAMES ARE YOU SERIOUS NINTENDO? Did they just forget about the rest of the year?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ayyy a Nocturne Remaster! Shame it won't have Dante but still neat.

And having SMT5 Worldwide release is good. Keep doing that Atlus. And give us a US release date from P5S already ****ing GEEZ

But uh yeah. That was... Yeah.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna say, what is the absolute point of having episodes when they could do a whole direct?

Firox

Smash Master
Holy mother of ****. I got up at 7 in the morning to watch 45 seconds of chibi WWE?! Nothing but literal SHOVELWARE?! **** you, Nintendo. You've hit a new low. You literally managed to take gutter-level expectations....and SUBVERT them! Wow. Just wow.

"Wake me up when September ends..."

It's official. Nintendo has absolutely nothing up their sleeve this year.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

We are getting no direct this year. Oh my god. We are going to reach the one year mark.

Look, good for *SPOILER* fans, but 1. I think fans of a certain OTHER franchise people want on Switch are probably going to be pretty mad right now (this is better than that, but just warning you) and 2. REVEALING 2021 GAMES ARE YOU SERIOUS NINTENDO? Did they just forget about the rest of the year?
Worth noting that these are Nintendo's partners.

Not Nintendo itself. They don't have to fill up a 2020 deadline.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice

Are you really concerned about spoiling a commercial?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
See, for what it was stated to be, I’m pretty content with that. None of it is something I would ever play, but I’m not gonna whine and groan about it. I do want to note, though, that of all the characters that could be given the spotlight in the Cadence DLC, Impa and Skull Kid got the recognition, next to shadow variants and I would assume two original or CotN-original character (I don’t recognize Aria and Frederick, at least). Giving two of the most popular Zelda newcomer requests playable status in a Zelda spinoff-ish game is high key interesting even if it doesn’t necessarily mean anything for Smash.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Posted my thoughts in the Newcomer thread, gonna post them here too...
So, no Smash DLC or Bayonetta 3 news... but that's actually okay by me, because they said that we'd be getting more of these Direct mini announcements this year, which hopefully means we won't have to wait too long for the next one (here's to 27th being the next one). Plus, at least we got some cool stuff with more Cadence of Hyrule DLC, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD Remaster, and a clip of Shin Megami Tensei V.
Holy mother of ****. I got up at 7 in the morning to watch 45 seconds of chibi WWE?! Nothing but literal SHOVELWARE?! **** you, Nintendo. You've hit a new low. You literally managed to take gutter-level expectations....and SUBVERT them! Wow. Just wow.

"Wake me up when September ends..."
... you seriously think Shin Megami Tensei is shovelware?

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Cadence of Hyrule stuff is neat.
Rogue Company is lame in my opinion.
WWE shovelware is lame as hell.
The stuff from ATLUS was cool for those who care about it, but it's not for me.

Heoj

Smash Ace
yeh the fps and wwe stuff had me skipping em, cadence of hyrule was neat and i dont personally care for smt but i guess its cool. Dont understand why they showed smt stuff since they are both 2021 and yet we dont really know jack all about the rest of 2020.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Why wouldn't they just say an 8 minute video instead of 10? Generally you can round up but they exaggerated the length by 25%, which is really weird

I respect SMT as a series but it seems baffling to include it alongside a video they had to know would be poorly received—it's now going to be associated with massive social media dislikes in their metrics

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I felt like I only blinked once and already it's over. They need to change the title name to something other than Direct like really. This was so bad.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
So, I think it's fair to say this was the worst Direct of all time. There have been some pretty bad ones in the past but I can't think of a single one which has been worse. Lol

Edit: At the very least, they did say to look forward to more presentations this year so at least there's that.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Why wouldn't they just say an 8 minute video instead of 10? Generally you can round up but they exaggerated the length by 25%, which is really weird

I respect SMT as a series but it seems baffling to include it alongside a video they had to know would be poorly received—it's now going to be associated with massive social media dislikes in their metrics
Apparently the Japanese direct was longer.

Staarih

Smash Master

It was Japan only who said 10 minutes (and theirs was actually 12 minutes).
NoA and NoE didn't specify times.

vivala

Smash Journeyman

The 10 minute thing was from the Japanese account iirc, and Pushdustin said the Japanese direct was actually 12 minutes long.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So... we waited four months since March for...

DLC for a game that's been out for a year
Guns guns guns
Shovelware
Vaporware that's been lurking around since the Switch launched

This is what we get while Sony and Xbox are plowing ahead with their systems and reveals

I'm going back to bed

Notice how it started talking about Civid 19. Its almost like.. gasp.. the virus messed nintendo up
*pretends to be shocked*
Weird how literally every OTHER company is doing fine with this virus

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Kelios was asked about another Direct and this is what they said
View attachment 279426
Not going to get my expectations extremely high after last night, but I'm hopeful Nintendo will have something else soon
Honestly I trust Kelios nearly 100% right now. I mean nailing that a direct would be announced at ****ing midnight? Come on. Looks like there's more to look forward to soon.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Apparently the Japanese direct was longer.
The 10 minute thing was from the Japanese account iirc, and Pushdustin said the Japanese direct was actually 12 minutes long.
Ahhh yes I love it when Nintendo walks 10 steps backwards and gatekeeps their regional stuff. Everything old is new again

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I waited until it was done, saw that YouTube video was at 60% positive, figured it was meh then.

All Microsoft has to do later this week is show off just one of their big name exclusives and it will automatically beat out Nintendo.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I trust Kelios nearly 100% right now. I mean nailing that a direct would be announced at ****ing midnight? Come on. Looks like there's more to look forward to soon.
I hope so. But the Mini Direct implied it was a series. I hope Kelios is not referring to more of these

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Japanese version had more games one of which was Atlier Ryzer or whatever it’s called.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cadance of Hyrule was neat and the SMT stuff was cool, but other than that the direct was pretty eh.

Hopefully we get a proper Nintendo general direct at least by August.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, I'm just happy they announced SOMETHING substantial in this, it's actually really nice to see it after this long but like, is now REALLY the time to be revealing 2021 games Nintendo? I mean this was probably meant to be at E3, but plans change and this is what you come up with? I guess more Atlus's "Fault" but it's like, Nintendo, what are you even doing at this point? You have literally no games releasing the rest of the year.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
So, I think it's fair to say this was the worst Direct of all time. There have been some pretty bad ones in the past but I can't think of a single one which has been worse. Lol

Edit: At the very least, they did say to look forward to more presentations this year so at least there's that.
more presentations could Just as easily be wait 2 months for 5 more niche games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom