• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No one should be bothering people like Fatman. No one knows anything 100% and it's uncalled for to attack someone for info they may have gotten incorrect, especially when they weren't trying to deceive us in any way.

And about the direct, I just want to wait and see how this plays out. It may not be likely but, who knows, something awesome may happen.

Good night everyone, I'm going to get some sleep.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Someone mentioned it before (maybe a few times, actually), but I really want a Geno/Waluigi double reveal with the 'get a Freebie!' lead into Wah (who would be some sort of extra non-pass DLC). It'd be the perfect chance to reference the game mechanic.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Someone mentioned it before (maybe a few times, actually), but I really want a Geno/Waluigi double reveal with the 'get a Freebie!' lead into Wah (who would be some sort of extra non-pass DLC). It'd be the perfect chance to reference the game mechanic.
Tennis Doubles Partners but one can turn into a literal cannon

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
oh for sure, the thing is that i"m not gonna go make an account in resetera and tell natedrake to be more realistic and balanced on their speculative assertions.
I'm not going to call you a liar because I'm sure you do have some info, but it's highly probable that Nintendo changed plans.
I've mentioned that in the past that things can change but, if they did, this is definitely much more abrupt than usual if people like Nathan Drake were totally blindsided. It's one thing for peons like me to not know things like this but not people who literally get paid to do this stuff. Obviously, my fight or flight is kicking in hard and I always choose to fight because if this was just about pride or e-cred, I have all the reasons in the world to ask the admins to nuke my account. I've put up with enough harassment and embarrassment to last a lifetime but I don't run just because people pee pee on my fee fees. This is important to me and I want people to understand that. If I can't have conviction over something as simple and inconsequential as a Smash character then I ought to just drop dead and be ground into mulch .

QQS

Smash Lord
If they show me a reveal of #7 being Geno; Zelda 2.0 new trailer, Metroid 4 trailer, Mario Collection in 2 minutes each, and the other 2 minutes random stuff like Bayo 3 or some Indies, it would be the best 10 minutes ever in my Nintendo life.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think PushDustIn and the guy he’s quote-retweeting make a good point here; initially saw the tweet from the Social Thread:

Unless Nintendo’s schedule changed to include another direct this week or so, or to just drop stuff over Twitter, we may just need to wait until next month or September. Still hoping for stuff this week though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, I’ve been digging through everything that’s been going on and, regardless of where your camp is, this stuff has to stop.

To the people coming in to **** on the Geno thread, Geno users, and Fatman...STOP. This isn’t appreciated and it isn’t productive. If you think someone is out of line or “misleading a community”; please report it to the staff instead of acting “high and mighty”. We will be issuing warnings out.

To the thread responding to such posts, please report them, set them to ignore, and move on. We will not shy away from issuing out warnings to posts that reply to low-tier trolling/flaming with the same trolling/flaming. Just because you are being targeted is not an excuse to resort to such behavior and this will be warned.

I like you guys and I will always support you but things need to change or we will be having issues. While you do get a bad rep both on SB and in the Internet, this thread and it’s users are not without fault.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll just make a little vent here because I'm far too tired and quite frankly, too demoralized to read the 10 pages I missed out on (how does this even happen, THIS WAS JUST A COUPLE HOURS, WHAT-). Anyway...

I'm disheartened that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has to be the subject of so much harassment and uncalled for accusations. From my experience, he's simply a nice, sincere, down to earth, talkative and funny guy who has been within the community for longer than many of us were even alive, always trying to help us, pushing us forward, not to mention theorycrafting and informing us about what he's heard from his circles. I don't idolize him and I don't blindly believe everything he says. I do disagree with a lot of hours thoughts regarding Smash speculation. But regardless of that, I just look up to him as a person and enjoy seeing what theories and miscellaneous posts he comes up with for the fun of it.

All of this isn't to say criticisms against him are invalid, for all of us have room to improve as people, of course. However, I find that a lot of what's flinged at his way is petty and uncalled for. I can't vouch for what happened this night, but if I take the word of what other people told me on Discord, I absolutely do not condone it. I do recognize that this is more or less inevitable for anyone who becomes a public figure like him unfortunately, and that is why I wish this cycle of speculation can be over sooner than later. Much like Sakurai himself, I think Fatman deserves a much needed break from the mental stress caused by his involvement in Smash. This is for you my friend, you have my full on empathy and support, and I sincerely hope everything goes well for you despite the stress filled times you and all of us are in. As I always say, stay strong! emote-16.png

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
One thing to say, I certainly won't be watching the direct due to being so early but I'll watch it after I wake up.

I don't think we'll hear much of anything but I'll be quite alright with a release date for DOOM ETERNAL. That will be good, IMO.

Smash things might be not a thing for this stream but you'll never know. There could be one technically due to being a game already out and DLC does not count for a new game. But again, it's up in the air.

Overall, keep your expectations in the middle and be expectant of anything. Good and bad.

Let's hope it's for the better and not for the worse

:bowser:.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Can't Nintendo just announce a follow up Direct, like they did with Pokemon ?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Also, one more thing before I go to sleep...

I genuinely couldn't care less about this mini Direct anymore. I'm too fed up with Nintendo's overall direction this year and I even doubt anything Smash related will show up at all. I'm not waking up early to watch. Whatever.

But I won't let that affect my thoughts on Geno's chances. 2020 has been a cluster**** throughout, but the one constant I've had this whole year (other than Cacomallow being real) is that Geno is in. I noticed a lot of pessimism over on the Star Road server regarding this, even from myself, and I'm not sure if it spilled over to here too, but I just want you all to remember even in the worst case scenario for tomorrow, we're still in a very good spot. Things are looking up for Geno and I don't think anything in the upcoming presentation can change that. Feel free to set your expectations high or low, but if you ask me, we absolutely got this.

Hope y'all have a good night, and peace!

Griselda

Smash Lord
If we're assuming that Nintendo really has Geno and Mario remakes and all of this other stuff, then really it's only a matter of time until they release it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Obviously I can't sleep and probably won't be able to tonight. Here's the thing: we've been here before. Crushing disappointment and the equivalent of stepping in the shower to find that your water line and your sewage line have been swapped. We felt it when Geno was spirited. We felt it when the first DLC wasn't from Square. We felt it when Hero was the Square rep of the Fighter's Pass. It's miserably ironic that this story would have reached it's likely conclusion a month and a half ago if it weren't for Covid-19 but how appropriate that the wait for 7 is easily the hardest in Smash history. Global pandemic. Global depression. One delay after another in a news drought unlike the Nintendo fanbase as a whole has ever seen. I suppose this is what sets the Geno fanbase apart from the rest. Grit. Tenaciousness. Stubbornness. Determination. Call it what you want but there's an indomitable spirit within this fanbase that can't be crushed and that's what has come to define us.

From you all I don't ask for anything but to keep on keepin' on. Yet another set back but I suppose adding another chapter in an amazing story is a strange blessing in disguise. It's been established that the next Amiibo wave is in September so, worst case scenario, we're collectively holding our piss for two to three more weeks for 7's announcement. It's frustrating but I hope you all stick around until the end. How appropriate for the Geno fanbase to literally survive the world falling apart and keeping together in spite of it simply to see things through, eh? 15 years and the worst year in recent human history isn't enough to extinguish our drive, our pride, our hope. I've come to expect nothing less of you all and I will once again reinterate... We will see this through to the end because that is who we are. That is the Geno fanbase and I promise that I will stick by you guys even if the harassment escalates and I'm a laughing stock until the end of Ultimate. It's been a group effort from people literally around the world for almost two decades and I know the efforts have not been in vain. Once again "let's get this show on the road."

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I think what I’m understanding is that rather than answer our questions in one extravagant E3 direct, it’s possible that Nintendo presents this information in bits and pieces over the coming months.

One thing we know is that both Nintendo and Sakurai have very high quality control standards. With the pandemic, they may not be in a place to reveal a lot of new information. The description of this direct sounds like they want to play it safe for now. While disappointing, I’m trying to look at it from the perspective of all the devs trying to stay coordinated on massive creative projects while working remotely.

It was a lot of fun watching all the teases for Geno roll in over the last 24 hours. Maybe the timing was just off. If Geno’s really happening this time, I’m sure he’s gonna be worth the wait.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Eh, got burned over again. Happens so often, it shouldn’t really be a big deal anymore honestly.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think it’s really something that people are going out of their way to rub salt in the wound of tomorrow possibly being a whole lot of nothing.

First because no one wins here even if you dislike Geno, his fanbase, or specific users/insiders. If you get a physical high from people being incorrect about cool things happening you should reevaluate your life and what motivates you because that’s pretty weird!

Second because Nintendo is a company that in the last year has been proven to send out fake leaks specifically to **** over the reputation of certain high profile leakers who they already sent cease and desist orders to. Like are there really people in here who think leakers/insiders just randomly were leaking/teasing new potential FP5 characters every week up until Byleth was released and somehow no one was right about FP5? Even those who thought a Three Houses character was coming.

This situation is really giving me flashbacks to The Video Game Awards and FP5 as it should to anyone who is paying attention. Anyone who is chalking this up to being a one off instance of leakers being proven wrong is hilariously myopic or is having memory problems.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I feel guilty.

I think it was I that started the pile on Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , but it wasn't supposed to be malicious. I was frustrated and it opened the floodgates for others to be assholes. I'm so damn sorry, man.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that what is more likely to happen is that Nintendo will held a big early september direct announcing their games from them and key publishers dated for late october/november/early december and maybe some stuff for early 2021.

There, we will get CP7 announcement and maybe CP8. Please, wait a bit more and maybe the reward will be grateful for most of you (?)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It looks likely we’re not gonna get Geno tomorrow because we’re almost certainly not getting a Smash character reveal, yes. Which also means he’s not getting deconfirmed tomorrow, and all of the stuff he has going for his favor recently is still very much in the cards. We just have to be a little more patient. Personally, I’m just hoping something I’m interested in gets talked about tomorrow, like Bayonetta 3.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
My hope is that this presentation will be the first in a series of similar directs, laid out over a period of time to gradually reveal the kind of information we've been wanting from Nintendo for the past year or so. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Well, it seems that my previous post didn't age well lmao.

But I'm still going to watch it and enjoy it, news is news after all and maybe cool things are going to show up too. And who knows maybe Nintendo announces another Direct at the end of this one like they did with the Pokémon Presents.

And one last thing, look, I don't know Fatmanonice Fatmanonice at all, I don't know how reliable he is or the things he achieved, I don't almost anything about him at all. But if I know something, is that he's not a liar and he wasn't trying to mislead us, he was told along with very well known and reliable leakers that we were going to get a lot of hype things, but Nintendo surprised everyone with this. And I'm pretty sure that nobody would spent so many years lying to a group of people who just wants a fictional videogame character in another videogame, nobody has the will or the time to do that. So yeah, I'm 100% sure that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice isn't a liar.

Anyways, let's see what Nintendo has in store for us this time!

Griselda

Smash Lord
Unrelated.
But I really appreciate the simplicity of Ult's stock icons.
:mario64::mariomelee::mario2::4mario::ultmario:
:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link::ultlink:
:kirby64::kirbymelee::kirby2::4kirby::ultkirby:
:dk64::dkmelee::dk2::4dk::ultdk:
They certainly stand out compared to the others and make them instantly recognizable as Ultimate, I suppose, but I've always had a thing for Melee's icons, personally.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
They certainly stand out compared to the others and make them instantly recognizable as Ultimate, I suppose, but I've always had a thing for Melee's icons, personally.
They look 16 bit, maybe that´s why

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
My best guess is

we get fighter pass 7 announced here or they announce another Nintendo direct before the end of July during this presentation

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Just finished kittens duty. Quickly read what’s going on. Oh boy. My expectations are lowered.

however, I’ll be hopeful of course. I also have a sneaky suspicion, more like hope, that we can get some more news next week since there will be another Nintendo maintainence the next Monday.

Oh well.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Just finished kittens duty. Quickly read what’s going on. Oh boy. My expectations are lowered.

however, I’ll be hopeful of course. I also have a sneaky suspicion, more like hope, that we can get some more news next week since there will be another Nintendo maintainence the next Monday.

Oh well.
Oh, right. I forgot about that. Haven't those usually come after directs? What's the track record there like?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Oh, right. I forgot about that. Haven't those usually come after directs? What's the track record there like?
pretty good if I recall correctly since a lot of times it meant updating the eshop for pre orders and whatnot. On mobile and about to sleep between next feeding which lands around 7. It be easier to check on laptop to look at other Nintendo directs and previous Nintendo maintainence. I’m sure there’s some record of those.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Aren’t Bandai Namco/SE considered “partners” of Nintendo by proxy of Nintendo investing in those companies? So technically by that label there could be something Geno/Smash related tomorrow.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Aren’t Bandai Namco/SE considered “partners” of Nintendo by proxy of Nintendo investing in those companies? So technically by that label there could be something Geno/Smash related tomorrow.
It's possible, but I'm not quite sure if they'd do it. If Geno/Whoever has a traditional Smash reveal trailer, that'd be eating up two out of ten minutes, wouldn't it? At least. Which is kind of a lot. Unless it's a 'Here's the next fighter, and here's the date for when Sakurai goes into detail on them' kind of thing.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's possible, but I'm not quite sure if they'd do it. If Geno/Whoever has a traditional Smash reveal trailer, that'd be eating up two out of ten minutes, wouldn't it? At least. Which is kind of a lot. Unless it's a 'Here's the next fighter, and here's the date for when Sakurai goes into detail on them' kind of thing.
I mean true but if it’s really just going to be games we’ve already heard about I don’t see why they wouldn’t spend a couple minutes on Smash considering it’s not like there are many other recent “partner” games getting updated right now. It wouldn’t really be stealing the spotlight from anything.

Heoj

Smash Ace
tbf you could reduce it to one minute by not showing gameplay

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Again if you are dissapointed because Fatmans theories did not come true, its your own fault. People try to tell you guys dont believe everything he says 100%, but you just attack them if they try to tell you this.

My personal problem with Fatman is, he calls himself a theorycrafter, but at the same time he says he has sources and whatnot. If you say you have sources, YOU ARE A LEAKER. Calling yourself a theorycrafter is a way to backpedal if you get things wrong.

I hope this post does not get deleted. This is just criticism. I hope some criticism is allowed here. I like Geno and would like to stay here and to be heared from time to time.

About the direct and Geno: I am dissapointed as **** lol. A Mini and only 10 minutes and most likely only partners? Wow. What a hype killer...

I still think Geno could appear tomorrow. Really weird timing for Geno hints and "jokes" from insiders.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Again if you are dissapointed because Fatmans theories did not come true, its your own fault. People try to tell you guys dont believe everything he says 100%, but you just attack them if they try to tell you this.

My personal problem with Fatman is, he calls himself a theorycrafter, but at the same time he says he has sources and whatnot. If you say you have sources, YOU ARE A LEAKER. Calling yourself a theorycrafter is a way to backpedal if you get things wrong.

I hope this post does not get deleted. This is just criticism. I hope some criticism is allowed here. I like Geno and would like to stay here and to be heared from time to time.

About the direct and Geno: I am dissapointed as **** lol. A Mini and only 10 minutes and most likely only partners? Wow. What a hype killer...

I still think Geno could appear tomorrow. Really weird timing for Geno hints and "jokes" from insiders.
You really think this is about fatman? Could it not have anything to do with nintendo consistently releasing only tiny, miniscule pieces of information over almost a whole year? How they seem almost determined not to acknowledge the projects people really want to know about, like metroid prime 4, and BOTW2? How frustrating it is that their lineup this year seems to consist wholly of paper mario, animal crossing and clubhouse games? None of that? it's all fatman, huh?

I don't really give a damn about fatman's theories. There is a clear and demonstrable case of nintendo having a poor showing this year, and it's making everyone frustrated to hell and back.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
You really think this is about fatman? Could it not have anything to do with nintendo consistently releasing only tiny, miniscule pieces of information over almost a whole year? How they seem almost determined not to acknowledge the projects people really want to know about, like metroid prime 4, and BOTW2? How frustrating it is that their lineup this year seems to consist wholly of paper mario, animal crossing and clubhouse games? None of that? it's all fatman, huh?

I don't really give a damn about fatman's theories. There is a clear and demonstrable case of nintendo having a poor showing this year, and it's making everyone frustrated to hell and back.
I completely understand if you are dissapointed in Nintendo. I am too. You have every reason to be dissapointed in them.

But dont be dissapointed about Fatman because his theories did not come true.

Maybe I worded it not good. English is not my native language. Sorry for that.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm really starting to think the first in a series talk was very intentional and were going to be getting multiple of these micro directs over the next few weeks. Even if this one is a dud the new tab is still gone from the smash page so clearly something is happening sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom