• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I hope the direct is tomorrow, to think we’re possibly 12 hours away from getting the last original big fan request in Smash is nuts to me. I’ve always thought that if we got Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Geno then the game would be truly Ultimate, in the regards that Sakurai made 4 large groups of people that have supported their characters for the past 15-20 years happy. Of course, the game would already be “Ultimate” without these four, but it’s even moreso from the fact that this game has been granting requested character after requested character, fulfilling a bunch of long time requests. I pretty much hope the rest of the pass is like this too, especially one quote from Sakurai that stuck out to me (when the bonus characters were first announced, Sakurai said something like “Now that we have more characters announced, it’s an even greater opportunity to please the fans.”) but even if we do just get Geno as our last “fan pick”, I’d be perfectly content with Ultimate as is because of everything we’ve gotten already.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess at this point I have to ask- do you know of any other information outside of these "hints" we're seeing that lends you to believe tomorrow really is the day?
A lot, honestly. I talked about it earlier but there's things tracing back 2018 and it's hard to cover it all. As for mocking and ridicule, it's like I've been saying, to some degree you have to have some conviction. It's a videogame character and this is a base minimum thing people can stand their ground on. In a world of injustice and inequality, it's not important but I hope something like this is a starting ground for the important things to stand up for. If you can stand up for a cartoon puppet in the face of ridicule, use your experience to move onto the real important things in life.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's not a "sad agenda" it's blanket realism. I've been lurking for years and active, positively, for days. You're all blowing up over literally nothing. I happen to look back fondly on the memes surrounding the Grinch Hoax, and Byleth. I'll be doing the same for Geno after all is said or done. If he gets in or not.
Okay so question.
Why the **** are you even here?

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
My lord, why is there a lot of pages within the last couple of days!? Yall are incredible haha.

So when is the supposed "announcement" happening?
Kelios said that the announcement could be at midnight in the East Coast, but even he isn’t sure.
So we’re in the dark now, just waiting for the “Nintendo” bomb to go off.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
GameStop leak is an actual legit leak, I'm 100% convinced now

If they had reuploaded that video on YouTube re-edited to crop out the Geno clip, that would be one thing. It'd look sus, but it'd just be a weird thing to add to their list of how they've mishandled this. But to do this to their in-store game roll in EVERY store

There's no point. There's NO point in changing that when the average consumer walking into GameStop to pick up Call of Modern Warfare 76 wouldn't be paying attention to it. It's not like that video roll is just a YT playlist, it's one long video on loop.

Someone internally in the company had to go in, edit the Geno clip out, and then send that file out for EVERY store to redisplay. It's too much of a panic move unless it's an order from the top or from Nintendo

GameStop leak is real, and I'll die on that hill, and feel vindicated that I'm the one who brought it to everyone's attention
I will admit, it is kinda ridiculous that they would go that far and almost seemingly try to keep the fact hidden by not doing the same for the YouTube video. I am very curious to see how things pan out tomorrow, even if this all just a pure panic move.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Who even cares if we end up being wrong and Geno doesn't get in? I mean it. Why should anyone who was ever born and ever will be born on this planet or any other in all of the entire universe care if someone believes a character is coming to a video game and ended up being proven wrong? Why is that being treated like some sort of unforgivable sin? "Geno didn't get in, so now you are legally trash instead of human beings". That's what this comes off as, to be completely honest. It's ridiculous.

Onibaud

Smash Rookie
why people believe that gamestop leaked geno... yo i want him too but this game stop thing don't really means anything

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
In the DK House reveals, it always makes sense
King Dedede and Duck Hunt Dog find that stuff funny.
But if we were to get someone like Master Chief or Geno..
Samus and Lucas really don’t seem like the joking types.

Edit: i’m an idiot, ness exists

Last edited:

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Literally nobody. I have no info on Geno and I don't claim to be involved with your group. I've spoken to Fatman, I used to speak to Sabi, and I've had interactions with Rummy and the like. I simply enjoy memes in good fun, and my gut tells me this thread will be an unwavering source of them. Once again, regardless of outcome.

Okay so question.
Why the **** are you even here?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Why are you here? To smugly be like “if you all get upset and sad I’m so excited to make fun of you?”

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I hope the direct is tomorrow, to think we’re possibly 12 hours away from getting the last original big fan request in Smash is nuts to me. I’ve always thought that if we got Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Geno then the game would be truly Ultimate, in the regards that Sakurai made 4 large groups of people that have supported their characters for the past 15-20 years happy. Of course, the game would already be “Ultimate” without these four, but it’s even moreso from the fact that this game has been granting requested character after requested character, fulfilling a bunch of long time requests. I pretty much hope the rest of the pass is like this too, especially one quote from Sakurai that stuck out to me (when the bonus characters were first announced, Sakurai said something like “Now that we have more characters announced, it’s an even greater opportunity to please the fans.”) but even if we do just get Geno as our last “fan pick”, I’d be perfectly content with Ultimate as is because of everything we’ve gotten already.
It must come to pass. For too long has the Triforce of hopes and dreams not been complete. LET IT BE SO!!!!
The Big 3.png

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
You know we've entered complete bonkers territory when a guy with a Sora profile picture is calling people out in the Geno thread.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is even happening anymore
There was a problem fetching the tweet
RIP THE GODDAMN BANDAGE OFF AND JUST TELL ME IF GENO IS COMING OR NOT

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can you all, I dunno, ****in' chill? If things don't pan out just blame it on me and I'll chip in a couple of hundred to have "dumbass extraordinare" carved on my gravestone and let you all personally beat me to death with it.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Can you all, I dunno, ****in' chill? If things don't pan out just blame it on me and I'll chip in a couple of hundred to have "dumbass extraordinare" carved on my gravestone and let you all personally beat me to death with it.
We’ll take your word for it ;p

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
This post was warned for trolling. If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself please. ~ Venus
This is all I can think about when reading the thread today.

Droodle

Smash Lord
We've waited for a long time for this to maybe happen, we can definitely just wait another 12 or so hours to find out.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh don't worry, The Ass Kicker Express will burst down your door when nothing happens tomorrow. ;)

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
ookay, im gonna head off to bed, please let me know if anything happens, or ill just catch up idk xD

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
And that's fair, but as some of them have explained, it was in a joking manner and not to be taken seriously. Nazy said it was meant to hype fp7, and that they don't actually have info on it, and the guy on twitter said he was joking as well. Other than those two and the gamestop mistake, we have nothing other than baseless assumptions from "the list" that we're only assuming is real.

And this is why. We get waaaay too into things without any actual hard evidence and get btfo hard because of it.
I can understand. I think at the end of the day though, we should just hope for the best tomorrow. I'd personally say that joking about a character getting in is a lot better than being told it isn't happening at all. Even if he doesn't happen tomorrow, I'd still say his shots look decent and that we have more chances down the line

Oldhead

Smash Rookie

It's meme-o'clock, Geno folk. Master Hand is about to dust off some old toys and get to playin'

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know we've entered complete bonkers territory when a guy with a Sora profile picture is calling people out in the Geno thread.
Ironically, Nekoo was the first person I talked to after I started getting flak back in 2018. It's weird how life plays out but "that guy with Sora profile picture" was one of the first people to have my back in all this, even if he didn't agree with my demeanor or approach to things.

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
I'm really hoping Geno gets in. Though i'm not going to go in over my head like I know he is for sure. I don't at all. I am willing to hope and bet. However, i'm not going to jump the gun or anything until I see it happen officially to really go into ultra hype mode.

That being said, I think excitement is healthy. Even if you're burned it's not the end of the world or anything.

hype responsibly either way.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
The thread is packed, goddamn. I keep saying "this is the busiest I've seen the thread" when stuff happens but I think the only thing that'll top this is an actual Geno reveal.

T2by4

Smash Lord
The thread is packed, goddamn. I keep saying "this is the busiest I've seen the thread" when stuff happens but I think the only thing that'll top this is an actual Geno reveal.
Well quite a few are from /v/.

Yes, some of us are self-aware.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I’m finally at the point, I don’t care if I’m wrong. I just want to be excited by something. Haters can hate. Who cares. I’ll take the loss. I got plenty of happy things at home with wife and rescue kittens.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think everyone should just relax, find legit funny memes and play the most important game sponsored by this thread:

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

MarcelinoBros92

Smash Rookie
Im very excited for tomorrow.
I dont remember this HYPE before.
Except the day before the last smash direct in 2018.
If Geno is the FP7 probably im going to cry...

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
4,000 is a bit outlandish, but I can see the thread jumping by a hundred or two before tomorrow night. There's either going to be a lot of disappointment, or a lot of hype. Ridley and Banjo threads were flooded with tons of one or two word "HOLY ****" or "NO" posts when they were(n't) revealed. Must admit, I haven't paid much attention to this thread on days of previous Smash announcements.

We would have a lot of ground to cover.

Beyond tomorrow however...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Looks like Gamestop is doing further damage control:

OH COME THE **** ON. REALLY?! REALLY, GAMESTOP?!
Jesus tapdancing christ, this is getting annoying. This is probably the 6th or 7th time they've revised this damn advertisement! Why the hell can't they just leave it the hell alone already?! Do they honestly not know how suspicious this makes them look?!

the DK fakeout was cute the first 2 times

was cute

give us more deaths, Sakurai
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, PUPPETS FOR THE PUPPETEERS!

I don't mean to interject, but hello everyone, I am a long time lurker who finally decided to join the fun in supporting Geno for smash! I love Star Wars, video games, and drawing art! I am also an approved artist on Smogon (Maybe I'll do some Geno art soon!)

On the other hand, looking up to seeing Geno in Smash had been one of the few absolutely bright spots in my life right now during this turbelent year. I have a lot of curveballs going on in my life right now, and seeing you guys (mostly) civilly and friendly makes me smile. You guys are one of the most passionate and welcoming character support communities, and you guys should be proud of it!

Despite me being technically a GenZ, I am more like a Millennial in gaming, and love to play retro games on my modded 3DS, Wii, and overclocked Raspberry Pi 4. That's how I got to taste SMRPG and fall in love with the game. Video games in general have been an influential part of my life (I even think video games are integral art and intellectual medium) and that continues to this day. Geno is an extremely creative character in the Mario Universe, visually, lore-wise, and personality.

I have kept up with all of the leaks and developments lately, and I am must say inevitably...
GENO SHOOTS FOR THE 7 STARS!
P.S. Can someone please put a Geno hat on my Steampunk cricket (Paraphernalia) OC avatar? I am certified in Photoshop but my mind and body is pooped out for the night.
Welcome to the thread! Complimentary Geno Hat for you, too!
Hat time.png

GameStop leak is an actual legit leak, I'm 100% convinced now

If they had reuploaded that video on YouTube re-edited to crop out the Geno clip, that would be one thing. It'd look sus, but it'd just be a weird thing to add to their list of how they've mishandled this. But to do this to their in-store game roll in EVERY store

There's no point. There's NO point in changing that when the average consumer walking into GameStop to pick up Call of Modern Warfare 76 wouldn't be paying attention to it. It's not like that video roll is just a YT playlist, it's one long video on loop.

Someone internally in the company had to go in, edit the Geno clip out, and then send that file out for EVERY store to redisplay. It's too much of a panic move unless it's an order from the top or from Nintendo

GameStop leak is real, and I'll die on that hill, and feel vindicated that I'm the one who brought it to everyone's attention
It's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

My lord, why is there a lot of pages within the last couple of days!? Yall are incredible haha.

So when is the supposed "announcement" happening?
Midnight EST, if I recall correctly.

why people believe that gamestop leaked geno... yo i want him too but this game stop thing don't really means anything
Perhaps, but on the other hand this was how Janemba was leaked for Dragon Ball FighterZ. It's all up in the air as of the current moment, and given how many goddamn times Gamestop have changed their pinned comment, and now their actual in-store advert, I don't blame people for getting a tad excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom