• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Are you really implying what I think you're implying? Because based on this and what you said earlier about what else is happening this week, there's only one real implication I'm getting here. All I'm saying is that there really isn't enough smoke around the idea at the moment for that to happen TOMORROW, is there?
If we really do get a certain tie-in with the 23rd tomorrow, then I... holy ****, I wouldn’t know what to do. Again, Chief is literally the only character that I want more than Geno, so if we really do get both of those literally tomorrow, I’d go absolutely insane.

It’d never happen, but I’d want them both in the same trailer because of the perfect final shot where they could team up to fire both Geno Beam and Spartan Laser to absolutely destroy whatever they’re facing.

QQS

Smash Lord
Probably Mini Direct shadow dropped on Monday 20th OR an announcement that day about a Direct to be showcased later this coming week.

But anyway we have waited 15 or 20 years, so we can wait days or even more weeks. Geno is coming.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It just means they are fixing a misteak. Nothing more.
But it WASN'T a mistake according to them, it was just that they were refering to him showing up as a Spirit. And yet they felt the need to edit it out of the version playing in stores?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
There's a certain momentum to Geno right now. The fact that insiders at the very least are entertaining the idea isn't slowing that down. I'm not sure if he's locked for tomorrow, but there's definitely some really promising signs here that make me feel like the teases are indeed pointing to something

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm going to call it here guys. I'll hopefully see you all tomorrow before the Direct launches

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
YO. Once again, GameStop attempts to do some damage control after that infamous video. The segment where Pamela talked about Geno has been removed from showing on stores:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: LMAO I've been :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Master Chief stands outside of DK's house. Suddenly he takes his armor off...

It's Steve.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm decently drunk but I'm trying to not be too cheeky. Honestly, just take the time to appreciate what we have here. After today,some people are likely to move on while the Geno fanbase itself will move onto its next mountain. I'd like to think Geno in Smash is just the beginning and Operation Starfall will continue in one way or another. For example, I think making the Mario Day charity fundraiser for the Starlight Children's Foundation an annual tradition would be awesome. There's a lot of amazing people and I know this won't be the end of things and what you all can accomplish as a group.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I guess now we can add this newly edited Gamestop video to the increasingly-huge pile of freaky hints and unique occurrences from the past few days... is it connected to Geno's potential FP7 reveal? I don't think we have any way of knowing for sure. But things are definitely heating up on Star Hill...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Looks like Gamestop is doing further damage control:

GameStop continues to blunder by either panicking too much over a simple mistake or by showing how much they’ve dun messed up,

Master Chief stands outside of DK's house. Suddenly he takes his armor off...

It's Steve.
Steve and Chief double reveal would be nice.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yep, I do get the feeling we're going to see this mouth again tomorrow.
So Rare is getting another character? I say another Rare character concidering both King K and Banjo is made by Rare and its only with Rare characters that the "Donkey mouth" it has happen with

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I'm decently drunk but I'm trying to not be too cheeky. Honestly, just take the time to appreciate what we have here. After today,some people are likely to move on while the Geno fanbase itself will move onto its next mountain. I'd like to think Geno in Smash is just the beginning and Operation Starfall will continue in one way or another. For example, I think making the Mario Day charity fundraiser for the Starlight Children's Foundation an annual tradition would be awesome. There's a lot of amazing people and I know this won't be the end of things and what you all can accomplish as a group.
I guess at this point I have to ask- do you know of any other information outside of these "hints" we're seeing that lends you to believe tomorrow really is the day?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
But it WASN'T a mistake according to them, it was just that they were referring to him showing up as a Spirit. And yet they felt the need to edit it out of the version playing in stores?
Right, because of the way it was worded. He wasn't "Announced for smash" he was a spirit. They now realize what an outcry it stirred up and decided to just remove it entirely. It's not that complex.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though, if its another DK fake out, should we expect Banjo to be in the video along with Donkey Kong, Diddy, and King K. Rool?

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
If we see the “DK Treehouse” trailer again, everyone is expecting it to be Dixie due to ties to DK and classic Rare, and of course that would be amazing considering how much I want her!
But hear me out, what if...it turns out to be him?
5D43E41A-E956-446F-A841-192E1D1C20BC.png

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to interject, but hello everyone, I am a long time lurker who finally decided to join the fun in supporting Geno for smash! I love Star Wars, video games, and drawing art! I am also an approved artist on Smogon (Maybe I'll do some Geno art soon!)

On the other hand, looking up to seeing Geno in Smash had been one of the few absolutely bright spots in my life right now during this turbelent year. I have a lot of curveballs going on in my life right now, and seeing you guys (mostly) civilly and friendly makes me smile. You guys are one of the most passionate and welcoming character support communities, and you guys should be proud of it!

Despite me being technically a GenZ, I am more like a Millennial in gaming, and love to play retro games on my modded 3DS, Wii, and overclocked Raspberry Pi 4. That's how I got to taste SMRPG and fall in love with the game. Video games in general have been an influential part of my life (I even think video games are integral art and intellectual medium) and that continues to this day. Geno is an extremely creative character in the Mario Universe, visually, lore-wise, and personality.

I have kept up with all of the leaks and developments lately, and I am must say inevitably...
GENO SHOOTS FOR THE 7 STARS!
P.S. Can someone please put a Geno hat on my Steampunk cricket (Paraphernalia) OC avatar? I am certified in Photoshop but my mind and body is pooped out for the night.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
GameStop leak is an actual legit leak, I'm 100% convinced now

If they had reuploaded that video on YouTube re-edited to crop out the Geno clip, that would be one thing. It'd look sus, but it'd just be a weird thing to add to their list of how they've mishandled this. But to do this to their in-store game roll in EVERY store

There's no point. There's NO point in changing that when the average consumer walking into GameStop to pick up Call of Modern Warfare 76 wouldn't be paying attention to it. It's not like that video roll is just a YT playlist, it's one long video on loop.

Someone internally in the company had to go in, edit the Geno clip out, and then send that file out for EVERY store to redisplay. It's too much of a panic move unless it's an order from the top or from Nintendo

GameStop leak is real, and I'll die on that hill, and feel vindicated that I'm the one who brought it to everyone's attention

T2by4

Smash Lord
This thread is gonna be a gold mine for people to mock us if he doesn't get in tomorrow.

I guess at this point I have to ask- do you know of any other information outside of these "hints" we're seeing that lends you to believe tomorrow really is the day?
This. Ya'll are way in over your heads if you think it's guaranteed, this is gonna be Grinch 2.0, we don't have any official hard confirmations at all. This whole thread is gonna be a disaster if we end up being wrong again tomorrow.

Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
This thread is gonna be a gold mine for people to mock us if he doesn't get in tomorrow.

This. Ya'll are way in over your heads if you think it's guaranteed, this is gonna be Grinch 2.0, we don't have any official hard confirmations at all. This whole thread is gonna be a disaster if we end up being wrong again tomorrow.
As someone who largely lurks, this thread is generally derided and insulted constantly by outsiders anyway.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
No matter what happens tomorrow, I love you guys. I’ve been in this fanbase for 11 years, since I was 8 years old, and I’ve had so many emotional ups and downs as the years went buy, but I wouldn’t trade the passionate fanbase we have here for the world.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
GameStop leak is an actual legit leak, I'm 100% convinced now

If they had reuploaded that video on YouTube re-edited to crop out the Geno clip, that would be one thing. It'd look sus, but it'd just be a weird thing to add to their list of how they've mishandled this. But to do this to their in-store game roll in EVERY store

There's no point. There's NO point in changing that when the average consumer walking into GameStop to pick up Call of Modern Warfare 76 wouldn't be paying attention to it. It's not like that video roll is just a YT playlist, it's one long video on loop.

Someone internally in the company had to go in, edit the Geno clip out, and then send that file out for EVERY store to redisplay. It's too much of a panic move unless it's an order from the top or from Nintendo

GameStop leak is real, and I'll die on that hill, and feel vindicated that I'm the one who brought it to everyone's attention
It doesn't make any sense if Geno gets revealed tomorrow, theyd have to change the video again... or not, idk... But hey, the damage is done already

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll say it once and for all.

The Gamestop video would be and is a happy coincidence. Nothing less, nothing more.
Take it as you will-

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

I definitely understand the skepticism. I really do. I'm personally not sure if he will be seen tomorrow. However though I do think things are looking a lot better than they were with the Grinch. Basically every insider was telling us that the leak was fake. In today's case, a few insiders seem to be entertaining the idea of Geno coming. Even if they are kidding in some fashion, the fact they are dancing around it is a lot more encouraging

T2by4

Smash Lord
I definitely understand the skepticism. I really do. I'm personally not sure if he will be seen tomorrow. However though I do think things are looking a lot better than they were with the Grinch. Basically every insider was telling us that the leak was fake. In today's case, a few insiders seem to be entertaining the idea of Geno coming. Even if they are kidding in some fashion, the fact they are dancing around it is a lot more encouraging
And that's fair, but as some of them have explained, it was in a joking manner and not to be taken seriously. Nazy said it was meant to hype fp7, and that they don't actually have info on it, and the guy on twitter said he was joking as well. Other than those two and the gamestop mistake, we have nothing other than baseless assumptions from "the list" that we're only assuming is real.

As someone who largely lurks, this thread is generally derided and insulted constantly by outsiders anyway.
And this is why. We get waaaay too into things without any actual hard evidence and get btfo hard because of it.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My lord, why is there a lot of pages within the last couple of days!? Yall are incredible haha.

So when is the supposed "announcement" happening?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I’m very skeptical, but hopeful. It could be real tomorrow y’all, but please be responsible with your hype.

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Guys, I love you all so please don't mistake this as condescension or frustration.
The GameStop situation is an awkward coincidence because it's an unfortunate mistake centered on an uncommon form of fan-hype all as everyone is dealing with a global pandemic. They're salesmen in the halloween costume of "customer service" while their in-house ads are faux-journalism because they are riding the web-content-creator trends. No matter what "service providers" flavor kool-aid they pass around, they're still just salesmen. They're not insiders or leakers and Nintendo had no reason to tell them anything during a global pandemic that would ever trickle down to a video. If you think some underpaid social media staff's ample sense of caution means they were ever privy to anything then you're the reason innocent people get nervous when they have nothing to hide. Nintendo didn't take down bigger leaks than that. GameStop just knows a geeky person is smart but mobs of geeks gets toxic or foolish.

I'll be honest that I have no stake in that company. In fact I dislike GameStop after briefly working there and think it will take more than the great Reggie to fix their bull****.

but I also have experience handling social media and even more experience with anxiety. Please stop giving it attention. I deeply doubt Nintendo told them to do anything about anything.

anyways. I've joined Fatman so-to-speak with drinks of my own while I watch this wrestling match. when I sober up I hope I don't regret this comment.

thanks for tolerating my mini-soapbox platform. I think I just empathize too much with any of the little guys in that ****ty company and want them to be left alone..

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
It's not a "sad agenda" it's blanket realism. I've been lurking for years and active, positively, for days. You're all blowing up over literally nothing. I happen to look back fondly on the memes surrounding the Grinch Hoax, and Byleth. I'll be doing the same for Geno after all is said or done. If he gets in or not.

Imagine having this dude’s sad agenda right now LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom