• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If a direct is actually announced at 6am CET, man. I don't know what to think about 2020 anymore.

Here's to optimism regardless of what happens.
I hope not. Having it a few hours announced beforehand is completely asinine and extremely aggravating to others. Something like nearly a day beforehand is a lot more fruitful and lets people prepare for when to wake up(and some can't wake up that early, cause they're going to be somewhere around that time).

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Grinch leak level?
In my opinion, yeah. A ton of trusted leakers are talking about how it’s gonna be on this one day, and even more are implying that it’s Geno. So much so that a ton of people are convinced that it’s happening tomorrow.
Honestly, I think this would be on the same level as Smash 4’s Rayman leak.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I swear if this is fake , all these insiders today are being a bunch of dickheads… That's too cruel even to be a prank plot

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet
If it happens, it's sad that a bunch of leakers are the one's who gave us a heads up on when the direct is. Nintendo easily could have let us know before hand. But that's IF it happens. We'll see.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
still we would say it means nothing even after the sakurai presents video.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice don’t explode if we are so close.
x1080 (1).jpeg

I'm so... Angry... I just want to enjoy this last day. I really do but I kept thinking about the last 20 months I just want to explode. Childhood anger management is unraveling and I just want to hold onto my peace of mind one more day. I SHOULD be happy. I SHOULD be estatic but I'm seething right now because I managed to keep a promise to this community and 7 year old me about Geno and I literally can't have one day of peace. It's maddening and I'm beside myself and trying, TRYING not to blow it this close to the finish line. This means the world to me and the fact that I'm still having to fight people is SURREAL and I just want to enjoy this final day... Please, PLEASE! Let me enjoy this final day...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, I wouldn't care if this Direct is announced at 6 a.m. tomorrow. As long as we are prepared for a Direct at all, then that is totally fine with me.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
View attachment 279304

I'm so... Angry... I just want to enjoy this last day. I really do but I kept thinking about the last 20 months I just want to explode. Childhood anger management is unraveling and I just want to hold onto my peace of mind one more day. I SHOULD be happy. I SHOULD be estatic but I'm seething right now because I managed to keep a promise to this community and 7 year old me about Geno and I literally can't have one day of peace. It's maddening and I'm beside myself and trying, TRYING not to blow it this close to the finish line. This means the world to me and the fact that I'm still having to fight people is SURREAL and I just want to enjoy this final day... Please, PLEASE! Let me enjoy this final day...

Fight people?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
A direct announcement at midnight?

Hm.

This is getting a bit harder and harder to believe.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ima be real

I do not, for even an instant, believe Mr Grubb is “just hopeful” or “just a fan”

Geno’s in, guys and gals

vivala

Smash Journeyman
So, that is probably going to be announced 7PM Mountain Time in the U.S.?
Announcement is Midnight Eastern, 11pm Central, 10pm Mountain, and 9pm Pacific

Unless you're somewhere like Arizona that doesn't do daylight savings, in which case god help you.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
View attachment 279304

stay strong! Think of the amiibo!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just realized that because I’m working all night I will also be working until 7am pst which is likely after whatever announcement will drop. I may genuinely hide in the bathroom for a significant period of time to make sure I don’t miss it.

5D9736FC-B7AB-44BD-B27E-5033DB65316D.gif

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Announcement is Midnight Eastern, 11pm Central, 10pm Mountain, and 9pm Pacific

Unless you're somewhere like Arizona that doesn't do daylight savings, in which case god help you.
I don't live in Arizona. So what time would the actual Direct start?

Griselda

Smash Lord
View attachment 279304

Hey, Fatman. Good morning (by my weird vampire standards). Just figured I'd tell you that I, at least, in no way blame you for any misunderstandings that took place (Or those other two, to be honest). I feel like it might just be the hype whiplash getting several people on edge, but I personally wasn't even all that bothered by things. From my point of view, everyone's just been pretty tense lately because of the several 'false leads' that've popped up about Geno lately. Either way.. take a breath, calm down. I'm not after your head, and I'm sure (or at least I hope) that nobody else legitimately is, either.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
If you call out someone toxic, you get warned! What a **** site. Geno bros, I'll see you on discords.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hello from the Isaac and Golden Sun fandom, geno gang. I wanna let you guys know that I have immense respect and sympathy towards your struggle. If Geno is in tomorrow like some things seem to indicate, I will be tremendously happy for all of you who have fought so long and hard for this. See you all on the other side. But even if he's not, I know you all. I know that you will persist with the iron will that you always have. I find that inspirational, in a way.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Another mini potentially, huh? Well the last one was still pretty meaty despite being one, so as long as we don't get the "guess who" for the fighter I'm fine with that.
I think we might be underestimating the direct minis a little bit. It was revealed to us that the first fighter in the pass was from Arms in a direct mini. So they're definitely not against revealing big Smash info in mini directs.

I could absolutely see a Joker style trailer (with no gameplay) announcing the next fighter in a direct mini.

Anyway. Good luck for tomorrow Geno fans! :grin:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
You are literally an adult who is responsible for your own expectations and emotions. I'm genuinely getting angry that I have to explain this again. I told people to be optimistic and that the signs for Geno are very, very strong and have been for some time. I said I trust the judgement of both Naz and Rummy because I've known them for a year and a half and personally know that they've had access to insider info so they're not trolling the thread when they say it's going to be a great week ahead. I'd prefer this to not blow up because I would like to not be banned the day before something I have literally worked 15 years for, please and thanks. Let's just drop it...
Please, you have this all wrong. Im not attacking you personally or your credibility. Im sorry if I seemed harsh toward you. We're all just very tense and i don't mean any harm.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If you call out someone toxic, you get warned! What a **** site. Geno bros, I'll see you on discords.
You went after someone for "concern trolling", which I didn't even know was a thing, and the person in question wasn't even being hostile towards anybody, it was all coming from your side. The only toxic part of the conversation that I saw was the part that got warned. Some of y'all go in on this person for seemingly no reason, and it's been happening for as long as I've been on this thread. A few of you need to cool it. Just saying.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Great, a Nintendo direct hasn't even been announced and now there are people who think we're getting a direct tomorrow with a Golden Sun remake, a new F-Zero game, a Mario 3D collection, and Geno as FP7
Umm, that´s way too suspicious. HMM.
Either go play some ACNH and relax,or scream at the tv with some dark souls/cuphead/hotline miami

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Please, you have this all wrong. Im not attacking you personally or your credibility. Im sorry if I seemed harsh toward you. We're all just very tense and i don't mean any harm.
Either way. We are ALL in this together for Geno. It also gives me a feeling a warmth seeing many of the Isaac supporters come in to the thread. We are glad to have you with us.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Anyone thinking of foregoing sleep to wait for an announcement... don't do that. It is never fun to spend a large amount of time running on fumes because you decided to skip sleeping to wait for a thing; I say this as someone who tried staying up for as long as possible just to watch a 24/7 Bilibili stream of Trails of Cold Steel IV back when it released in Japan (well, more like broke street date.) Last thing anyone wants is to feel like absolute ****, deal with painful headaches, and possibly go insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom