• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
When did the Direct Mini drop? I think I’m probably not alone in my want to try to watch the possible Direct without having my notifications blow up first with spoilers, and assuming that it would drop at around the same time, I can try to be up for it.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
When did the Direct Mini drop? I think I’m probably not alone in my want to try to watch the possible Direct without having my notifications blow up first with spoilers, and assuming that it would drop at around the same time, I can try to be up for it.
Kelios is saying this one will happen at 10am Eastern Time

pinshadow

Smash Lord
7:00AM PST

Since a lot of people are worried about getting spoiled due to a shadowdrop tomorrow, just bookmark this specific page of the thread. I'll be up super early tomorrow in case they drop something, and I'll edit this post if something happens with a link straight to whatever drops, whether it be a mini, or a tweet, whatever, so you shouldn't have to worry about spoilers.

EDIT 1 : It sure is happening, 7:00AM apparently, seems to only be previously announced third party stuff, greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Nintendo of America on Twitter On 7 20 we ll debut the first NintendoDirect Mini Partner Showc...png

EDIT 2 : Here it is.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, isn't there going to be some sort of Switch maintenance tomorrow? You think that could indicate something about the announcment of a Monady Direct?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Since a lot of people are worried about getting spoiled due to a shadowdrop tomorrow, just bookmark this specific page of the thread. I'll be up super early tomorrow in case they drop something, and I'll edit this post if something happens with a link straight to whatever drops, whether it be a mini, or a tweet, whatever, so you shouldn't have to worry about spoilers.
Appreciate it, hands will be Full with two kittens who demand my attention. Lol.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm pretty likely to get spoiled tomorrow regardless since I have a training in the morning if there is a reveal. I'm going to do my darnedest not to get spoiled though. I'm still not convinced that we will get anything tomorrow, but I am still 100% on the Geno Hype train!

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty likely to get spoiled tomorrow regardless since I have a training in the morning if there is a reveal. I'm going to do my darnedest not to get spoiled though. I'm still not convinced that we will get anything tomorrow, but I am still 100% on the Geno Hype train!
I guess better to be spoiled with Geno’s reveal than not get geno in at all am I right?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Another mini potentially, huh? Well the last one was still pretty meaty despite being one, so as long as we don't get the "guess who" for the fighter I'm fine with that.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Another mini potentially, huh? Well the last one was still pretty meaty despite being one, so as long as we don't get the "guess who" for the fighter I'm fine with that.
That seems to be the case yes. I guess for convenience sake, I'll try to avoid the thread until after I've watched the Direct whenever it's uploaded

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Regardless of leaks or anything else... I 100% believe that Geno will be playable in some form. It won't matter to me whether he gets his own spot or is chosen to dawn one of those fancy Mii's. As long as we get him. He is coming though. I can feel it.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Let's just wait until tomorrow. There's no reason to be mad at Naz or Rummy because they told this thread to be optimistic. I trust their judgement and I've been telling you all the same for ages.
Fatman, c'mon. There's plenty of reason to be on edge. First of all, Naz said they weren't trying to say anything at all other than that a direct may be close based on Amiibo dates, and then we have Rummy saying "Naz knows its Geno" and then you, telling us it was like waiting for a kid to open their presents. At some point, at least one of the three of you knew what you were going to stir up by telling us these things in lieu of people claiming a direct was on the 20th with all the gamestop tomfoolery. I think if there's any blame here it isn't that WE went crazy. It's that YOU GUYS did. Naz I can forgive somewhat as it was easy to misread their intentions, but all of you should have been quiet if there was nothing on that level of hype to get excited about, or at least been more careful with your words.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm going to be actually sick if tomorrow they do a "the next character is from Mario and will be revealed in September"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People just kind of need to chill at this point. I've also come to realize that a Nintendo presentation is highly probable this week because not only are several Nintendo/Microsoft announcements heavily implied but the two presentations are supposed to play off each other. The Nintendo presentation is supposed to foreshadow several things in the Microsoft presentation and let's just say A LOT of thought and coordination was put into this.

QQS

Smash Lord
Even if there is no Direct tomorrow or Geno isn’t CP7; he still has the best and brighter shot ever to be playable so don’t lose hope and stay calm. He will be here, playable fighter somewhere in FP2!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Fatman, c'mon. There's plenty of reason to be on edge. First of all, Naz said they weren't trying to say anything at all other than that a direct may be close based on Amiibo dates, and then we have Rummy saying "Naz knows its Geno" and then you, telling us it was like waiting for a kid to open their presents. At some point, at least one of the three of you knew what you were going to stir up by telling us these things in lieu of people claiming a direct was on the 20th with all the gamestop tomfoolery. I think if there's any blame here it isn't that WE went crazy. It's that YOU GUYS did. Naz I can forgive somewhat as it was easy to misread their intentions, but all of you should have been quiet if there was nothing on that level of hype to get excited about or at least been more careful with your words.
Being blunt it's pretty clear Fatman is more referring to things that AREN'T Smash in terms of specific games/things he's expecting to see tomorrow that people WILL NOT want spoiled.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
People just kind of need to chill at this point. I've also come to realize that a Nintendo presentation is highly probable this week because not only are several Nintendo/Microsoft announcements heavily implied but the two presentations are supposed to play off each other. The Nintendo presentation is supposed to foreshadow several things in the Microsoft presentation and let's just say A LOT of thought and coordination was put into this.
So am I supposed to chill or be hyped? I'm getting mixed messages. I'll just be a Geno fan how about that?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Being blunt it's pretty clear Fatman is more referring to things that AREN'T Smash in terms of specific games/things he's expecting to see tomorrow that people WILL NOT want spoiled.
He still added fuel to a genuinely misguided hype train whether he was talking about Smash or not. As did Rummy, What the hell else were we supposed to think? They should have been more careful no matter what the intention was.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fires that will rage should tomorrow end with nothing from Nintendo, not even a future presentation announcement.

Its strange: everyone is all set for a reveal of news. People have times set aside to watch uninterrupted, prediction videos have been made, people have their clocks set, reaction videos are being set up, people are trying to make plans to avoid spoilers.

There's just one problem; we never saw step 1 fulfilled: Nintendo shows a Direct.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So am I supposed to chill or be hyped? I'm getting mixed messages. I'll just be a Geno fan how about that?
Don't go in expecting Geno to be a lock or anything, again there's that weird ridiculous chance we don't even get Smash tommorrow according to some other insiders (which makes zero sense but whatever). But everything else? Just remember that Nintendo has literally nothing announced for the rest of the year so far, we are getting some ACTUAL, hopefully non-infuriating, game announcements tommorrow, which outside of Pokemon spin-offs and some small stuff we really haven't gotten in like 10 months to a year.

He still added fuel to a genuinely misguided hype train whether he was talking about Smash or not. As did Rummy, What the hell else were we supposed to think? They should have been more careful no matter what the intention was.
Because Fatman had no reason to doubt them? It's not his fault Rummy misinterpreted what Naz said.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Exactly. There's plenty to be excited about and I'm not just referring to Smash. A lot of this stuff has been a long time coming and I don't think anyone is being dishonest when they say it will definitely be worthwhile. I literally built a reputation on people unironically HATING me hyping up some of the implied announcements. I have put up with a grotesque amount of harassment telling people to be optimistic about Nintendo's 2020 and Smash and I don't think any sane person would do this if it was all for attention, e-cred, etc. I have people who I have known here over a decade and even mods and admins call me a liar over this stuff and people seriously still believe I'm enough of a sociopath to lie ON A DAILY BASIS for 20 MONTHS? Who seriously does that, especially to the fanbase I've been actively involved with since 2005? What's wrong with people?

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Thanks, mate!

You know, isn't there going to be some sort of Switch maintenance tomorrow? You think that could indicate something about the announcment of a Monady Direct?
Probably. Maintenance tends to coincide with Directs, after all.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of adding unnecessary fuel to this misguided hype train: Jeff Grubb is tweeting about waiting for the direct with pictures from the Rose Town Inn. I'm like 90% sure he's not in on the direct and is just playing around, but hey, if you anyone feels like torturing themselves, they can think about that.

Edit: whoops, got ninja'd lol

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that if there is another announcement for a character, it isn't "A character from this series" will be playable.

That would deflate and decrease the hype by a lot both because we'll know who could it potentially be and the chances of what series in the large scheme of things could join.

:bowser:.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Exactly. There's plenty to be excited about and I'm not just referring to Smash. A lot of this stuff has been a long time coming and I don't think anyone is being dishonest when they say it will definitely be worthwhile. I literally built a reputation on people unironically HATING me hyping up some of the implied announcements. I have put up with a grotesque amount of harassment telling people to be optimistic about Nintendo's 2020 and Smash and I don't think any sane person would do this if it was all for attention, e-cred, etc. I have people who I have known here over a decade and even mods and admins call me a liar over this stuff and people seriously still believe I'm enough of a sociopath to lie ON A DAILY BASIS for 20 MONTHS? Who seriously does that, especially to the fanbase I've been actively involved with since 2005? What's wrong with people?
Some people are just like that and refuse to trust or give people a chance

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
All respect, but I in no way called you a liar or was trying to slander you. I said that you, knowingly or not, still fed into our false sense of hope and could have done better in choosing your words. You clearly didn't have Ill intent. I just think in that moment you were irresponsibly fanning the flames of hype by saying things that EASILY could have been seen as confirmation to these rumors and I don't think that's a unfair assessment.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
The last 2 days or so have been such a massive roller coaster of emotions.

July 20th, you are our only hope.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
These Grubb tweets better be our Shinobi-esque hint.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All respect, but I in no way called you a liar or was trying to slander you. I said that you, knowingly or not, still fed into our false sense of hope and could have done better in choosing your words. You clearly didn't have Ill intent. I just think in that moment you were irresponsibly fanning the flames of hype by saying things that EASILY could have been seen as confirmation to these rumors and I don't think that's a unfair assessment.
You are literally an adult who is responsible for your own expectations and emotions. I'm genuinely getting angry that I have to explain this again. I told people to be optimistic and that the signs for Geno are very, very strong and have been for some time. I said I trust the judgement of both Naz and Rummy because I've known them for a year and a half and personally know that they've had access to insider info so they're not trolling the thread when they say it's going to be a great week ahead. I'd prefer this to not blow up because I would like to not be banned the day before something I have literally worked 15 years for, please and thanks. Let's just drop it...

vivala

Smash Journeyman
So within a day we go from mistakenly thinking Nazyrus is giving us a clear hint to Grubb giving us what could be the bluntest hint in smash speculation history. What a ****ing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom