• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Last year I frequented the Banjo boards and this crazy ride was what we had the week before the announcement too. It turned out great for us, I’m hoping for the same result for you guys!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys, let's not get mad at Nazyrus Nazyrus . He's a good dude, just be patient for a little while longer. If there's no announcement for the Direct today, it's still likely happening tomorrow. Many people have gone all in and haven't backed down, and we've no reason to doubt them right now

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Also we shouldn't forget that, with or without direct confirmation from leakers, Geno's chances are still better than they've ever been!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey what's been going on

By all the hype did the direct get confirmed?

If not where's the hype coming from excluding the hope for the announcement

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Hey what's been going on

By all the hype did the direct get confirmed?

If not where's the hype coming from excluding the hope for the announcement
Naz and Rummy dropped in wishing us good luck on the direct. Some took it as a hint and hype started surging. There's also a lot of the aforementioned direct hope hype.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Well I sure stumbled upon a lot of excited nerds here:4pacman:

But seriously, this is quite the revelation seeing two trustworthy peeps telling us all to be optimistic. So I'm getting excited, too.
Also, I would've responded earlier but I just bought Stardew Valley yesterday and I'm already addicted.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Have we ever heard any updates from that Mii costume list from a while back that guessed like, every Mii costume and then had Smithy and Mallow on the list? I feel like that was a hot topic for a while but then people just kinda stopped bringing it up. Has it been disproven or what?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Naz and Rummy dropped in wishing us good luck on the direct. Some took it as a hint and hype started surging. There's also a lot of the aforementioned direct hope hype.
Ok thanks

Yea that's a keep your expectations at check category easily that's just a good luck

As a matter of fact I heard king zell joined the party on saying a July direct the most reliable source of them all of leakers

Now here's the warning while geno possible remember zell was rumoring a master chief collection (halo collection) for the switch so potentially show the chief as FP7 to advertise the collection

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ok thanks

Yea that's a keep your expectations at check category easily that's just a good luck

As a matter of fact I heard king zell joined the party on saying a July direct the most reliable source of them all of leakers

Now here's the warning while geno possible remember zell was rumoring a master chief collection (halo collection) for the switch so potentially show the chief as FP7 to advertise the collection
There's nothing that suggests we couldn't get both if it's a full direct

Trevenant

Smash Lord
There's nothing that suggests we couldn't get both if it's a full direct
Tbh if it was a full direct it would have been announced by now. Would be kind of weird to just shadow drop a full direct when those things usually are announced ahead of time and rightfully so. Not really any real reason it can't be announced if it was a general.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Newcomer/social threads can be fairly toxic, so let's just continue our speculating in peace. We've only got one day left to go supposedly, so only time will tell the fate of our star friend

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why are so many people watching us right now? I know Nazyrus and Rummy said something but they're not here anymore.
Likely because a Direct is speculated/rumoured to be happening soon, and with Geno rumoured to be the next character (or at least being seen as a popular choice for the next character), people are paying closer attention to this thread. (at the very least, this thread is going to find out pretty quickly if there's a Direct announcement)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People are so devoid of hope they'd rather dump on people who do have hope. It's sad.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's just wait until tomorrow. There's no reason to be mad at Naz or Rummy because they told this thread to be optimistic. I trust their judgement and I've been telling you all the same for ages.
That's what I've been doing. There's a lot going on suggesting we're in for some major news tomorrow, and no one has backed down from the 20th, only doubled down

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Now, Now. From what I ready, you guys missunderstood him so why are you mad? He came here to wish yall good luck or does that not matter?
That's how far this thead has gone I'm afraid, lol. It's ok, as long as people understand the truth and move on from it that's all I want.

View attachment 279225Is there a bit of misunderstanding going on?
Yeah Rummy misunderstood something I told him, it came off to him as if I was dead sure about Geno, which I'm not lol. I'm not mad at him anyway, he is a good friend and probably one of the most serious people I know, like ever. He just got carried away with something I told him.

If anything I will tell you guys that I heard Geno from a friend with a different circle of contacts, but I am not part of their circle and I have any way to be sure myself that the info is trustworthy, that's why I just came here to just hype FP7 in GENERAL and not character specific. I was even thinking of doing this in the other support threads that I often, but seeing how it exploded in the wrong way here, I am not even gonna bother lol, I just wanted to hype people up for the obvious potential fp7 reveal coming soon in the rumored direct (most likely anyway).

I don't like hyping specific characters where I don't have certainty of anything at all, SPECIALLY if the info is not from my circle and I cannot verify it, and SADLY my NoA source won't ever be capable of knowing who any of the pass 2 characters is either, because like I said before, thanks to sabi, my NoA source no longer has the smash part of his contacts. So please do not expect smash leaks from me lol. The only stuff you will see me doing on twitter or whatever is teasing the hell out of Golden Sun coming back because of the new trademark situation and stuff that I might have heard of it (and someone who heard of it even way before me). That's it folks, I just say again to stay hyped and hopeful, Sakurai did word this second pass as oportunities to satisfy fans and I just would love it if they proved that claim with Geno joining in or whoever people are highly demanding for :)

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many of us are going to buy the full pass tomorrow after Geno’s revealed. Or just buy Geno’s.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Guys, let's not get mad at Nazyrus Nazyrus . He's a good dude, just be patient for a little while longer. If there's no announcement for the Direct today, it's still likely happening tomorrow. Many people have gone all in and haven't backed down, and we've no reason to doubt them right now
Very true. Also he stops by this thread often (it would have been far more suspicious if that was his first and only post here).

Oh well, people got excited and alittle ahead but no harm done and now everyone can move on. There's no benefit in being angry or having disappointment directed towards him. He never said it was Geno.

Its nice to know that 7 is coming soon....ish, though.

D

Deleted member

Well, thanks for being honest Nazyrus Nazyrus . And for not beating around the bush. Sounds like FP7 is hype-worthy? Like if Geno ain't FP7, and someone like Chief is, I'd be just as happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
People are so devoid of hope they'd rather dump on people who do have hope. It's sad.
This seems to describe speculation as a whole, at least from a pessimistic point of view:

Well, minus the "when Gotham is ashes... then you have my permission to die" bit.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I know we're all pretty much like this
IMG_20191230_201208.jpg

And I also know that the thread is just worried about being toyed with like Sabi and others. Trust me, I get it. However, I think we could be in for a treat. Fatman is backing these people up and is telling us not to be pessimistic, but optimistic! I think you all are gonna be elated soon, to say the least. And frankly, I am giddy thinking about how the thread will undergo a supernova. Some people already got sentimental in here and were saying goodbyes, but the end isn't here yet! This is only the beginning!

"I'm with you all until the end of the line."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom