• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
3,000 pages...

We have power. Together, our voice will shake the heavens. Let’s make these wishes come true.

4D4BDCBD-F1C1-4FB3-BAE0-65A46009AAC2.jpeg

Oldhead

Smash Rookie

I threw this together for all the Geno people out there. When I first heard about Geno For Smash back in the Brawl days, I never thought I'd be here so many years later, potentially on the precipice of his reveal. However it shakes out, this community has kept the starboy and SMRPG alive in the biggest ways.

Congrats to 3000 pages, let's close it out strong ★

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I can’t believe this thread has reached 3,000 pages! Congrats! As someone who has been lurking and posting in here for around 1,000 of them, I only started and made an account because of one reason: the Mii Costume leak. You know, the one that was posted almost a year ago at this point? I believe it was on July 19th, 2019. That was the first time that Geno seemed realizable to me again (even if I didn’t play SMRPG during that time, I was still an avid Geno supporter, to the point where I was absolutely baffled at Geno not being in the September 2018 direct after all of those Square games were announced, and was listening to Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms before the November Direct, only for the Grinch Leak to be fake) and it was also pretty crazy because the date the Mii Costume list was shown off was also my birthday. As someone who thought Geno was a lock since August 2018, I sincerely hope it finally happens soon.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I just have to say, it feels like it was yesterday that we hit the 2000 page mark, and even earlier that we became the largest character support thread in this entire forum. We've had one hell of a run just the last 3/4ths of an year I've been here, let alone in the 3 years this thread has been active. I can't stress enough how much of an achievement that is and how much our love for Geno has brought us together. "Nobody cares about Geno" my ass, we've built a large, thriving community out of this one dumb one-off puppet from 20 years ago and that speaks volumes to our cause. I love you all, let's keep this train going!

:starman: :starman: mallowpeace.png :starman: :starman:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
HAPPY 3000 EVERYONE!! It’s still so hard to believe how much this thread has grown over the years!
Hopefully Geno joins the battle soon! :starman::starman::starman:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And we are already past page 3000.

This was a great milestone to meet, and potentially before some big news.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If there is anything that proves that you lovely folks deserve Geno as a playable character in Super Smash Bros., it’s the fact that this thread finally reached a whooping 3,000 pages at long last. Hopefully you guys will not have to wait much longer. Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fans are rooting for all of you to join our ranks. You guys have waited extremely patiently, having fought off many naysayers over the years and even decades. All of you will cherish his reveal forever, and there will be so much overwhelming positivity. Cheers!
Usually I would be a bit salty for BARELY being the first person to comment on the 3000th page, but this is a blessed post so I can forgive this. Great way to kick off the 3000th page. Thank you for the wishes my dude! :)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Now that we're this far in:

Petition to only refer to "Goodbye Geno" as "Welcome Home, Geno" when our lad makes it in?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Is it wrong that I would like BOTH Mallow and Geno as playable characters?
Personally, I will gladly take any of Geno, Mallow, or Paper Mario. However, of the three, Geno is hands-down my most preferred. Ideally if we get Geno, I want Mallow to cameo in his taunts, Final Smash, and victory poses too.

D

Deleted member

The ultimate playable Mario character timeline:

Geno, Mallow, Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Fawful

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I remember back in 2017 Sakurai said "If the Geno community can get 2000 pages worth of posts in a support thread I'll add your ****ing puppet to Smash!"

Your move, Sakurai.
Sakurai is 1,000 pages behind now.

So, *ahem*

YOUR MOVE, SAKURAI.

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
And I did it with a Gurren Lagann reference. Today is a good day.
Yoooo I just finished watching GL for the first time... sickest anime ever, it’s going to stay with me forever. Legit rocked my universe. Did you do that art you used for the post?!!

I could see GENO rocking some glasses like Kamina’s but in the shape of a Star haha. It’d be sick if you did another facing forward rocking the star shades or making a logo for GENO akin to team gurren’s!

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the other day if it isn't just Geno, but it's both Geno & Mallow, working like Rosalina & Luma, Ice Climbers or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope

I was thinking the other day if it isn't just Geno, but it's both Geno & Mallow, working like Ice Climbers or something.
This is a pretty cool idea.

I think they could also work like pokemon trainer (without someone in the background), but as in you could switch between them with down-b and they have their own set of moves (like Geno beam, Geno blast, and Geno whirl for Geno and Thunderbolt, Hp rain, and shocker for Mallow).

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Happy Three THOUSANDS pages!

You know you need to make some Geno greenscreen videos for memes, right?

Guys i was making something but i can say this: 3000 PAGES, LET'S GO :ness::kirby::happysheep::starman:
Btw: i really happy that R RetrogamerMax is back
EDIT: can we that we are in The Three Thousand Page Door?
If the typo in the title hasn't been fixed in over a year, I don't see that title changing any time soon. :ultpacman:

At the very least, Mallow should be a part of Geno's victory and taunt animations, as well as his Final Smash.
Or his grab. He does have very long, stretchy arms, after all.
>inb4 Mallow for ARMS 2

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey, question to those of you who might be rom-hack privy.

Want to play through Mario RPG again for obvious reasons, but I want to spice it up a bit. Trying to look through some ROM hacks that don't change the story or levels, basically difficulty hacks, and am trying to find the right one.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Plus+? Master Quest? Revolution? Trying to get a feel for what the best one might be to make the game harder but not absurd.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
1595039809209.png

Post #351, Page 9.
I have been lurking SmashBoards without an account since around 2010, finally getting the courage to put a name to the eyes in 2015. It wasn't until 2018 that I had an opportunity to follow along a Geno thread in real time, living the roller coaster of speculative excitement throughout Ultimate's base discussion, leading into the announcement of the first Fighters Pass, and reaching all the way up to where we stand today. To think that over a decade of thought and action could come to a close in the imminent future blows me away. Seeing the growth of this thread has been truly immaculate. New users have come, users of the past have returned, and many silently watch on in support, just as I did years ago. It's definitely been one hell of a ride.

And even after all of that, I sit on the tip of the iceberg compared to others. There are so many people who've come before me who share the same wish I do, and have gone to greater lengths than I to get their voice out there. Being involved with this day-to-day has changed my life more than even I know, and I would not have it any other way.

"Our quest is almost over. And when the time comes………
Come on! Let's get this show on the road."

★⁎⭑꙳

NewPueblo

Smash Rookie
Hey! I usually just lurk on this thread, but wanted to drop by to say I hope this next reveal will be the one. I didn't even know about Geno until this speculation cycle, but when I did I was immediately on board. It's a testament to his design and character that someone who's never played SMPRG, and was actually born after it released, has something to find in Geno!

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
I really do want Mallow to be involved with Geno being playable somehow. Taunts and victory animations would be super cute but I'd love if he showed up for his final smash! He DOES have the Star Rain attack, after all. It'd be awesome if it was a combo.

As a general note I really love how Final Smashes are lately with just tons of other characters making cameos and doing a big group attack. I think that's a really cool way to represent other characters. Like Ness and Lucas' finals getting updated made me so happy!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for your loss...
My condolences.
Very sorry to hear that. May he Rest In Peace.
God damn... I’m so sorry to hear that, man
Hope he's resting well on the other side, Max. :( I'm so sorry.
I am deeply sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace. If you need someone to talk to, we are here for you.
yikes. That sucks to hear man :( I just wish we could get some good news from this year. covid is terrifying with how prevalant it is becoming in the us.
Sorry to hear that. Feel free to message me on here or Discord if you want to talk it out.
My condolences, man. It's sad to see so many people going away because of this virus.
I'm sorry about your Uncle. May he rest in peace.
Sorry to hear that.

Here's to hoping the virus dies off sooner rather than later.
That’s terrible man. May he RIP.
That's very sad to hear. Hope the rest of your family can stay safe from the virus.
Heard the news on Discord and felt the need to come here. Goddamn, I'm sorry... my sincere condolences. Covid-19 has claimed too many innocent lives and anyone can be its next casualty. I'm deeply sad that it has to take away any lives, let alone one of a friend's family member. You have my full support, dude, this is tragic. Stay safe.

I will. Sigran is good fella and I hope everything is fine with him.
Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom