• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wasn't the Arms presentation announced mid day? We just gotta wait and see.
IIRC it was announced in the time slot people were expecting Direct news today (so 15 minutes ago).

Anyway, I think Directs are usually announced in all regions at the same time. Seeing as it's over 11pm in Japan already (which I think is the latest we've had announcements over there, so that went and gone already), I doubt we'll be getting Direct news during the nighttime over there, no matter if US still has the whole day ahead. Sure, there's still the time slot of when Animal Crossing Direct was announced, but that would make it Saturday morning in Japan, and big announcements don't usually happen on weekends (AC Direct was announced in the middle of the week)... so there's some precedence to be pessimistic about an announcement today haha. But I mean, Nintendo could just not stick to their usual patterns and give us something over the weekend, who knows.

If the Direct is happening on 20th, I'm personally expecting a shadow drop now. Or then a whole new schedule for the Direct.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This feels like the exact same thing that happened back at the end of March. "Oh, it didn't get announced at exactly 7:00AM, we're all doomed!" and then we got the mini and it turns out "nope, they were right". After awhile you notice how certain people are picking up on things and when there's this general consensus on something being real over a very short amount of time with them, it's probably real. That, or we just chuck all of the insiders out entirely given how many seemed to bet on this. Christ, nobody even said it was specifically getting announced today, we just assumed that ourselves.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I can see either a Nintendo Direct Mini or a Mario Direct but my Occam’s Razor says they wouldn’t announce their big, burly E3 Direct on a weird time when Twitter has a tweet schedule function.

I give it two hours but after that I’m expecting nothing, especially not a Smash reveal.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I can see either a Nintendo Direct Mini or a Mario Direct but my Occam’s Razor says they wouldn’t announce their big, burly E3 Direct on a weird time when Twitter has a tweet schedule function.

I give it two hours but after that I’m expecting nothing, especially not a Smash reveal.
I'm thinking it'll get announced in about 8-11 hours or so, since it's past 11 PM now in Japan, that alone makes me expect that it won't be announced for hours now, if it is at all today.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
imagine expecting a big video game company to be on schedule during a worldwide pandemic.
If there is one thing we can be sure of, it's that they are going to stick by a schedule no matter what. If they can't maintain the schedule they tried to upkeep, then delays will be applied whether it be internally or externally. Either way we can safely establish they aren't like a student who puts off his homework until last minute as obviously they are a business.

Just because I have a nagging feeling, I'm gonna edit this. I will just write that by this I mean no offence to anyone. I thought the mention of the pandemic in this regard would probably be a rather touchy subject

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If there is one thing we can be sure of, it's that they are going to stick by a schedule no matter what. If they can't maintain the schedule they tried to upkeep, then delays will be applied whether it be internally or externally. Either way we can safely establish they aren't like a student who puts off his homework until last minute as obviously they are a business.

Just because I have a nagging feeling, I'm gonna edit this. I will just write that by this I mean no offence to anyone. I though the mention of the pandemic in this regard would probably be a rather touchy subject
I agree, though being "on schedule" would mean we got the direct on june 9th, there is nothing on schedule about delaying it a month an a half so I don't see unreasonable about expecting otherwise especially if they just straight up don't plan to show things until September in which they have a whole different set of problems to deal with.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Been off schedule since June with E3 being canceled. We just need them to show what they had planned for E3, it’s just sitting there collecting dust.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing I will say is that the chances of this upcoming Direct being shadowdropped are extremely low because several of the heavily implied announcements, no joke, people have been waiting at least 20 years for. If Nintendo shadowdropped any of these announcements, a good number of people would probably literally never forgive them because of how big of a deal they are.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One thing I will say is that the chances of this upcoming Direct being shadowdropped are extremely low because several of the heavily implied announcements, no joke, people have been waiting at least 20 years for. If Nintendo shadowdropped any of these announcements, a good number of people would probably literally never forgive them because of how big of a deal they are.
That, and as it was stated earlier, Nintendo Directs pretty much never happen on the last week of the month. If there's going to be a Direct of some kind, it's next week or bust for July

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
There is also the possibility of a Direct being announced Monday, so either way we can’t give into despair completely.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That, and as it was stated earlier, Nintendo Directs pretty much never happen on the last week of the month. If there's going to be a Direct of some kind, it's next week or bust for July
Have directs ever been announced on a Saturday or Sunday? Especially for Monday directs, I know those are rare but I'm sure they've happened at least once or twice, right?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Are you sure some of those announcements are for this, though? We know that supposedly they have something big for September. Couldn’t that be when they drop their major bombs, while this is a smaller thing?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I woke up to something juicy. Something about Gamestop slipping up on something making something the looked fairly innocuous look ****ing huge? All I know is that there were 10 new pages here when I hopped on

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys, making a post just real quick before I leave.

I live in Texas right now but my dad still owns our old house up in Illinois. We are leaving for a minimum of two weeks to HGTV it up in the hopes of finally getting that house of his back after so many years of waiting for contractors to get it together and not doing so.

We are leaving today, and even if we don't get a Direct this Monday, if it comes at all this July I'll be busy busting my ass with remodeling and visiting people we haven't seen in years, so if (more like when, but we should always consider the possibilities) Geno gets announced while I'm gone my interaction with you guys will be limited to either breaks or when we retire for the day and I'll likely be tired because I'm normally a lazy asshole.

That said, if there was even only a .0001% chance Geno would get announced, I will always make time for that, so I will be watching any Direct we get while I'm gone. I can't risk missing that, so I'm lugging my ancient 4GB of RAM i3 desktop with me up north. I have to start working on that now, actually, as we are trying to leave ASAP. It is a fifteen hour drive minimum after all.

But, I think I will be ready to not only celebrate but also for getting back into streaming once I'm back home.

Wish I had seven SMRPG shirts, but you make due with what you can.

Also, just remember guys: Hold Y For Power and keep those max stars of hype, because Geno has so much going for him other than just this recent stuff and if for whatever reason he's not CP7 he's still definitely coming.

See you guys whenever I next can!

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why they can't just announce it on a weekend. Sure, that's uncommon, but so are Monday directs in general.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are you sure some of those announcements are for this, though? We know that supposedly they have something big for September. Couldn’t that be when they drop their major bombs, while this is a smaller thing?
Given I've been holding onto certain things since last August, I would say there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them will be in this presentation because waiting until September/October wouldn't make any sense, especially if they're supposed to be 2020 releases.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Sorry saw a fake saying the direct was confirmed
If possible delet this

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I can't believe Nintendo has taken so long I have to reuse this meme.
nintendo.png

Seriously though, is this a first in modern Nintendo history? Not ONE SINGLE upcoming First-Party release with a release date, hell even a MONTH? Not even DLC or anything? It's absolute complete insanity to me, not even 2016 got this bad, what the actual hell are they thinking?

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I think we will get one of this timelines:
1. Announce today at some time of the day.
2. Announcement during the weekend.
3. No announcement but direct on Monday (a mini?)
4. That Monday is really the announcement
Btw: pinshadow pinshadow in the new pokemon snap reveal, they didn't said it was planned as a 2020 game

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, I definitely think it will. I did a rumor recap back in I believe March but allow me to update it without spoilers.

These are basically all the Nintendo franchises that currently have major rumors and are decently supported to be getting news soon:

-Mario
-Mario Kart
-Zelda
-DK
-Metroid
-Pikmin
-Smash
-Dead franchise #1
-Dead franchise #2

Nintendo franchises that have major rumors but it's unclear how soon they're coming:

-Kirby
-Wario Land/Ware
-Tomodachi Life/Miitopia
-Fire Emblem
-Dead franchise #3

This is a pretty nice potential spread of Nintendo stuff and I wouldn't be surprised if like half this list is checked by the end of the month.
Reposting this because I'm genuinely surprised that, only 4 days later from this post, F-Zero unironically got added to this list, you know, the dead franchise I've been joking about since OCTOBER hadn't gotten any rumors or news despite the other 3 and a ton of remake/remaster rumors even back then? No wonder people are testy...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think we will get one of this timelines:
1. Announce today at some time of the day.
2. Announcement during the weekend.
3. No announcement but direct on Monday (a mini?)
4. That Monday is really the announcement
Btw: pinshadow pinshadow in the new pokemon snap reveal, they didn't said it was planned as a 2020 game
I know but retailers are listing it as one and if I didn't put it on there someone would go "BUT WHAT ABOUT SNAP" anyway.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Guess we can use something to pass the time. Well Terminal Montage just uploaded a new video!

Who wants to play a game of Where’s Geno?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
There's no reason they can't drop the Direct announcement tomorrow or even Sunday.
That's true......but they have been dumb for almost a year with how they are marketing and announcing. I'm thinking nothing will be announced from Nintendo at this point, but I would like to be wrong.

All the insiders must be frustrated too, seeing all this potential stuff and then seeing Nintendo not do anything.

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Hey, folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you for years of showing support for Geno and one another. If I can be added to the list, that would be awesome. It's been a long time coming that I finally pop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom