• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm not sure if anyone saw this, but this is Thunder Production's reaction to Min Min being in Smash. I just gotta say I am so glad he captured this on camera, just so we could see how much of a clown he must of felt like after the reveal.

Also, the like to dislike ratio is incredible in this video lol he should have saw it coming.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Going through Nintendo's Twitter has lead me to one conclusion: They have to announce something BIG soon. I follow the post notifications on Twitter and I've noticed they've been highlighting either the most popular Nintendo titles on Switch or some lesser known 3rd-parties to Nintendo people. The big 3rd parties in their recent feed are Square Enix, Minecraft, and Falcom.
The first tweet from is Square Enix announcing a demo for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition. This game has been known about for months. The second tweet is a brand new project we've only just heard about for Kingdom Hearts. It was leaked a couple days earlier when people went through the files of KHIII and found the logo.
These are the Tweets for Minecraft Dungeons. Again, stuff already known about.
Falcom is a name that many Nintendo fans probably aren't familiar with. They are a Japanese dev that historically focused on Playstation and PC games in Japan, not releasing internationally until the 2010's. Now they are putting a ton of games on the Switch suddenly from their two most prominent series in Trails and Ys. Trails of Cold Steel III we already knew about. Ys IX is genuinely new and, from what I can tell, was not leaked ahead of time.

That's it for major 3rd party announcements in the past few weeks in Nintendo's feed.There is other stuff on there talking about projects we already were aware of, but the fact that I can only find references to games that were: A. already out B. already known about or C. New, but from a smaller company in their recent feed (with the exception of KH MoM and Ys IX) indicates something much larger is going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno is coming playable for me. I don’t have more evidence than the evidence on The List that everyone know by memory.

Dont have more info beyond that but I don’t have any doubt he is coming 100% somewhere in FP2. Not necessarily as #77, but of course in the FP2, and probably indeed as #7.

Best wishes Geno friends, will post my Geno Puppet when my contact in Chile finishes it.

Hope to see the next Nintendo Direct soon in July with info of Breath 2, Metroid Trilogy, Metroid 4, Metroid 2D, DK, Mario Remasters, many more and most important, Smash Direct with reveals of 77 and 78, which I think they are: 77: Geno + 78: Crash or Doomguy. After that, Rayman, Pokemon, Hayabusa, Lloyd, Tails, Sora, Dante or Isaac.

QQS

Smash Lord
I want a Geno doll made of actual wood.
006BC4F4-001F-4F29-9361-D7FFF9860FAB.png

709B7564-762F-405E-AE75-5C5C4241FEA7.jpeg

Like this Geno doll that this man crafted. Which actually has a Like from Mr Sakurai himself (official instagram).

This is old news but I just repost for the new people to see.

Credits to the creator!

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I mean, let's not turn ourselves into the 2003 Chicago Cubs now lol
No, let's turn ourselves into the Kansas City Chiefs and become champions in 2020 (Different sport, I know, but I just know they won the Super Bowl this year. That's about as far as my American Football knowledge goes). Geno is happening this year baby let's goooooo

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
inb4 Nintendo blindsides us all with a shadow drop announcement of a Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars remake, developed by Square Enix, EXCLUSIVELY for the Nintendo Switch, as part of Square's remake list. Full on 3D graphics, expanded maps, more side quests, new bosses, and a new Geno render. Cue Geno's Challenger Pack 7 reveal. :2gud:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I just want to make sure. WIth that whole Ness eye glitch thing, his eyes in Ultimate are modeled on his face and are not just textures right?

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
inb4 Nintendo blindsides us all with a shadow drop announcement of a Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars remake, developed by Square Enix, EXCLUSIVELY for the Nintendo Switch, as part of Square's remake list. Full on 3D graphics, expanded maps, more side quests, new bosses, and a new Geno render. Cue Geno's Challenger Pack 7 reveal. :2gud:
That sounds great, but why emphasize the exclusivity of a game that can only come out on the Switch anyway?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm curious, how do you guys think they will handle representing the SMRPG soundtrack in Geno DLC?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm curious, how do you guys think they will handle representing the SMRPG soundtrack in Geno DLC?
The real question is, how good is the soundtrack legally? FF only has two songs because a lot of the music is victim to licensing issues, and DQ only has the Overworld and Battle songs for each of the Heroes because, well, Sugiyama is a whole can of worms by himself. If SMRPG is any good legally then we probably wouldn't have much to worry about. If not, then, well, we'll just have to do with Beware The Forest's Mushrooms and Fight With Monsters.

EDIT: Huh. I learned that Yoko Shimamura composed Super Mario RPG's music. I'll have to look deeper into it, but everything seems really bright so far.

Last edited:

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
I actually added Fight Against Monsters to the game via modding already and it goes great with the Paper Mario stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom