• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm a big Xenoblade fan too so don't get what I'm about to say twisted, but to be fair, Nintendo did pick the DLC for the Fighters Pass. Sakurai is a big Xenoblade fan too I'm pretty sure, so I'm sure he would've loved to add another character from the series. Putting aside the Byleth situation, yes, Sakurai obviously has a liking for Fire Emblem. But in the interest of fairness, Sakurai does indeed like Xenoblade a whole lot (I mean Rex was gonna be a fighter in the base game as proof) and since an ARMS character was added, I could see Nintendo possibly telling Sakurai to add another Xenoblade character. The whole way Byleth was revealed was handled poorly, but I don't think Sakurai has any sort of vendetta against Xenoblade or Rex.

As an aside, it depends on how Nintendo wants to use the second pass here. See I'm of the mind that Nintendo will have more of their own characters for Vol. 2 and promote their own games. However, I think the characters will also be popular ones hopefully (such as Bandana Dee for an upcoming Kirby game, a new Xenoblade character for DE or a sequel, etc.). So technically "shill" picks, but they'll feel more earnest because they are still well liked (akin to Min Min, but maybe even more so).
I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post, but I acknowledged the fact that Byleth was Nintendo's call and not Sakurai's. I'm just saying that his explanation of why Rex didn't get in seemed hypocritical given the timing of Byleth. Again, not saying it was necessarily his fault, it's just heavily ironic that he would say Rex got the shaft for coming too late and then puts in a character from a brand spanking new game. If anything, it just highlights the extreme favoritism that Nintendo gives Fire Emblem. And don't get me wrong, I love Fire Emblem, but it makes Xenoblade look like the red-headed stepchild by comparison.

Of course, only one Spartan can finish this fight:
A little off topic to what I was just talking about, but this is definitely my favorite internet quote of the day. Thanks for that.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Geno trailer finishes
Smash Twitter: "OMG DID YOU GUYS JUST SEE??? TRACER WAS CONFIRMED FOR FP7!!!!!!! SUCK IT, GENOPES"

QQS

Smash Lord
B66674DC-3B2C-4A35-819C-897AF4023A04.jpeg

This will be Geno saying thanks to the Team in his upcoming spot in FP2.

Credits to artist.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'm going to try writing up a Geno moveset. I had fun writing a new moveset for Dante, so I figured I should do the same for the other characters who are in my top three most wanted, since I've got a few days off of work. I already have some ideas for the specials, which are going to be a little different from what people might think when it comes to Geno. (well, aside from Geno Beam - that basically has to be the neutral B, right?)

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for Geno getting a spot in the roster. Mario RPG is a gem that is often forgotten and getting him into the roster would confuse and intrigue people enough to want to try this game out. Who the hell is this doll!? And from there the game gets recognition again. That's how I found out about Fire Emblem. I got Marth and Roy in Melee and was so confused who these sword fighters were and when FE GBA came overseas I had to buy it.

I'd kind of want to see Mallow in the final smash, but also Smithy the sword somehow. Maybe make the stage the top of Bower's tower with Smithy and than the roof caves in and you fight on the chandeliers like you do in the beginning. And then it flings you somewhere else as the stage morphs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For all those people saying Geno is irrelevant, well he’s one of the most requested characters ever in Smash since Brawl so people do know who he is like older Nintendo fans especially. He was even trending on twitter and there’s so many remixes and artwork of SMRPG across the internet. There’s a thing called Operation Starfall that not only the goal is to bring him to Smash but also bringing SMRPG mainstream to the Marioverse again like SMRPG remake or Geno and Mallow in spin-offs so that shows we’re trying to make Geno more relevant. We also got big YouTubers like Maximilian Dood, ZeRo, and Alpharad who are rooting and wouldn’t mind for Geno’s inclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Hey, what do you guys think of the Geno sprite below being what they use for his fighter spirit?
I like it. Im gonna be off topic though and ask why is Ryu Hayabusa using sprites when he has a ton of artwork in his home series they could use. (Classic AND Modern)

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure SquareSoft (Now SquareEnix) had some reason as to why he has yet to make an appearance. I mean heck, I heard Cloud took a lot of back and forth discussion to get him into the Roster and SE only gave them one soundtrack lol.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm sure SquareSoft (Now SquareEnix) had some reason as to why he has yet to make an appearance. I mean heck, I heard Cloud took a lot of back and forth discussion to get him into the Roster and SE only gave them one soundtrack lol.
Yeah, Cloud was a difficult request to make happen, as Sakurai said after Cloud was revealed for Smash 4. I don't think Geno would be as difficult to get in. Maybe difficult, still, but not with some of the difficulties Sakurai had with Cloud.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
You'd think that SE wouldn't be so difficult. His inclusion would only help them to advertise their game that is still in development hell lol. Only a third of the game is finished and it has been in the making since 2014 or 15. And there's no telling if the project will continue so you're left with a third of a game.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I have a question for the Geno thread (and I suppose the general Geno fanbase at large, such as Operation Starfall) that I don't recall hearing much about. But what will the Geno fans be doing once he gets into the game? Like do the fans plan on all getting together to thank Sakurai in some way? Do they plan on sending an official letter to Sakurai like the King K. Rool fanbase did? I'm just wondering! I don't know if someone like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice or some of the higher-ups in Operation Starfall would know the answer to this question, but I figured I'd ask! I always love the wholesome ways a community of fans responds whenever a character they've campaigned for gets into Smash!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I like it. Im gonna be off topic though and ask why is Ryu Hayabusa using sprites when he has a ton of artwork in his home series they could use. (Classic AND Modern)
Probably just the creators personal preference. No big reason.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200701-155724_Gallery.jpg

Genobros... We won't end up like Heihachibros... Right?..

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The fact that Geno hasn't gotten a Mii costume yet is a good sign.
It is a good sign, though while the goal is in sight, we aren't quite out of the woods yet. Though Geno has more evidence for his inclusion than Heihachi did, so he's in a much better spot!

Last edited:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
i just finished smrpg once again and damn, smithy in his real form is more easier than i remembered, he is so ****ty ! i used more save states against count down than smithy

View attachment 276958

it's weird... why am i less confident in his chances ?
i wanted to say no but given the fact that they hold heihachi costume until now, it's not really reassuring
a good point is that square enix will never sell the things they own separately so we will never see the geno costume with someone who isn't owned by square so the question is... who is gonna be the square rep ? if it's not geno, he will forever be dead and it's a likely scenario

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Hey, what do you guys think of the Geno sprite below being what they use for his fighter spirit?
That’s a based ****ing pass

As for the sprite, huge fan. 10/10

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As it turns out, writing a Geno moveset took much less time than I thought it would - I'm already done.

Mind you, I'm not really invested in the competitive side of Smash, or figuring out how to balance a game, so I just wrote down my ideas without worrying about things like that. Also, I wound up taking the Ness route where I borrowed the occasional move from other characters, but I figured that it would make for a more entertaining moveset.

Geno Reaches for the Stars!

Palette swaps based on Mario (red cape/hat, brown hair, blue symbol on hat), Mallow (white cape/hat, pink hair, light blue symbol on hat), Bowser (green cape/hat), and Peach (pink cape/hat, yellow hair, silver symbol on hat), along with three of his capes from Mario RPG – the Fuzzy Cape, Fire Cape, and Stars Cape.

For a stage, most people would probably say Forest Maze since that’s where Geno’s introduced, but I’m going with Bowser’s Castle. Not only is it the cover and title screen of the game, and the shot of Exor embedded into the roof of the castle is a striking image, but seriously, how do we not have a Bowser’s Castle stage yet? That’s just baffling. Maybe it could have multiple areas like Garreg Mach Monastery (the roof with Exor clearly visible, the chandeliers where you fight Bowser and Boomer, a bridge suspended over lava…), or areas inspired by Bowser’s various castles throughout the Mario series.

For Geno’s entrance, it’s similar to his first appearance in Mario RPG – a Geno doll is sitting on the ground, and a star flies over it and possesses it, causing it to inexplicably triple in size in the process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Geno has five special moves and five weapons in the original game, I might have to make stuff up.

A --> AA --> AAA: Geno uses Finger Shot with his left and right arms before lifting up his arm to fire the more powerful Hand Cannon from his elbow.

Forward A: Star Gun – Geno shoots stars at his opponents, which are faster and more powerful than the Finger Shot, but don’t go as far.

Up A: Geno fires the Hand Gun into the air.

Down A: Geno does a slide kick – not all of my moves are going to be original.

Forward Smash: Rocket Punch! Charge the attack to make it go farther

Up Smash: Geno Blast – it acts similarly to Palutena’s up-Smash, though the beam starts above him and goes down. The more you charge it, the higher the beam’s starting point

Down Smash: Double Punch – pointing his hands at the ground, Geno does a rocket punch with both fists, which loop in a tight circle before returning to his wrists.

Neutral Air: borrowing a weapon from Mallow, Geno clangs two cymbals together, creating a shockwave around himself. (alternatively, the star comes out of his body and shines brightly, knocking opponents away)

Forward Air: Star Rain – Geno borrows a move from Mallow by throwing out a star that launches diagonally downwards, bouncing if it hits the ground. However, since he hasn’t mastered it (somewhat ironically), it’s much smaller than Mallow’s version, being only a little shorter than Geno himself. (alternatively, he fires some pellets straight ahead - I just thought that Star Rain seemed fitting)

Back Air: Double Punch – Geno shoots both of his fists behind himself, though his body doesn’t change direction.

Up Air: Geno tosses a small version of the orange ball from Geno Flash into the air, which explodes, showering four red triangles similar to the fire plant enemies in Super Mario World. However, these only go to the height that Geno was at when he used the move.

Down Air: Geno tries lifting the Ultra Hammer, but the weight is too much for him, and it plummets to the ground, carrying him along with it. (alternatively, Geno shoots a projectile straight down while in the air - I picked my original idea because I wanted to go with something different from what Mega Man or Mii Gunner might have, but I realize that it's not exactly in-character)

Dash Attack: jumping up a bit as he runs/floats (not sure which would suit him better), Geno headbutts the opponent before skidding to a stop on the ground.

Wake-Up Attack: a star spins around Geno as he gets up, knocking enemies away

Climb Attack: Geno fires pellets from his fingers before pulling himself up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab: Geno has a tether grab… sort of. His hands launch out, grabbing the opponent and pulling them back to him. Unlike other tether grabs, this does not act as a tether recovery, since there’s nothing to pull his body back to his hands.

Pummel: Geno headbutts the grabbed opponent.

Forward Throw: Hurly Gloves – taking a page out of Bowser’s book, Geno lifts the opponent over his head and tosses them straight forward.

Back Throw: Geno’s top half spins around (though his bottom half remains in place) before tossing the opponent in the opposite direction, similar to his forward throw.

Up Throw: Geno uppercuts the opponent, mixing it with a rocket punch to take the opponent higher.

Down Throw: jumping up a bit, Geno fires the Star Gun at a downed opponent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For his Up Taunt, Geno takes off his hat, pulls out a Honey Syrup, and uses it, causing the same visual effect from the game. It has no practical use, but it works as an explanation for how he can keep using his specials.

For his Side Taunt, he goes limp as the star floats out of his body, circles around it, and goes back in.

For his Down Taunt, he face-faults, which is a common reaction to foolishness in Mario RPG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main gimmick for his specials, much like the game that he originates from, is timed hits. Pressing the B button at a certain time causes an extra effect, and usually does more damage or makes the special more effective in some way.

B: Geno Beam – I feel like I had to have this one. If you press B, it fires a quick beam similar to Fox’s, but it does less damage and like Fox’s, it doesn’t cause flinching or knockback. If you hold B, red stars will appear above Geno’s icon on the bottom of the screen. Let go when the third one appears, and Geno will fire the Geno Beam at the size that it is in the game, giving it much more range, power, and knockback. If you hold B for too long, the beam fires on its own as the small, weak version, so knowing when to let go is crucial.

Up B: Geno Flash – turning into a cannon, Geno points the mouth of the cannon straight down and fires. The recoil launches him upwards, leaving a glowing orange ball behind that explodes. If you press B at the peak of the jump, the explosion is much larger, gaining a face like in Mario RPG (I’m assuming that’s possible from a coding standpoint – I don’t know what’s practical)

Side B: you’d think that it would be Geno Whirl, but actually, it’s something that I’m calling Playtime. Floating off the ground a little bit, Geno dashes forward, ramming into his opponent. I wanted to give him some horizontal recovery. Normally, Geno stops shortly after he makes contact (or automatically, after a certain distance), but if you press B right as Geno hits an opponent, a giant ghostly Gaz appears, holding on to Geno, and Geno moves much farther than normal, regardless of whether or not anyone else is in the way. (he just smashes through them) I included this as a reference to Geno’s first appearance, where Gaz runs into Mario with enough force to knock him into a wall.

Down B: Geno Boost – red arrows move up Geno’s body as smoke billows around him, temporarily boosting his attack. If you press B right as the animation is about to end, it boosts his defense as well. However, the animation takes a bit of time, he doesn’t get any kind of a boost if he’s attacked while using it, and there’s a bit of a cooldown – trying to overuse it causes him to raise his hands over his head while nothing happens.

For Geno’s Final Smash, Mallow appears and uses Shocker – I had to include him somewhere! If it misses, Mallow has a surprised reaction and disappears. If it hits, it transitions into a cutscene where characters are transported to the roof of Bowser’s Keep. While the opponents are stunned by the lightning bolt, Geno throws out three Geno Whirls. The animation slows down before they hit, before suddenly returning to normal speed as they cut through the opponent in a flash. 9999 appears over the heads of opponents caught in it, and in the background, Exor is slashed in half diagonally, sliding apart anime-style. (if you’re on Bowser’s Keep in that part of the stage, Exor inexplicably repairs himself – I just figured it would be a cool shot, and a nice reference to how effective the move is on Exor) If the opponent’s at 100% damage or more, they’re KO’d. Once the game transitions back to gameplay, Geno and Mallow face the camera and do their victory poses before Mallow disappears. I figure this could be used for Geno’s classic mode ending, with Mario, Peach, and Bowser taunting while the two of them strike this pose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For his victory poses, one would be his win pose from Mario RPG, where he faces the camera and nods. Another references the ending of Mario RPG, where the seven stars surround him and he vanishes into a beam of light, returning to Star Road. His third has a scarecrow wearing blue sitting there, before Mallow dumps an Able Juice on it, causing it to turn back to Geno. Geno looks shocked, while Mallow laughs. His victory theme, of course, would be the victory theme from Mario RPG.

When Kirby copies Geno, he gets Geno's hat, along with the Geno Beam ability. Like with Geno, three stars will appear above Kirby's icon to show the timing. Kirby's arms are a bit stubby to work as laser cannons, so instead, Kirby will fire the beam from his mouth, like how he uses Bowser Junior's cannon.

Hopefully it's all right - I had to improvise a bit.

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 276958

I REALLY want to say that we won't, but I just don't know anymore...

The fact that the Geno and Chocobo Mii costumes are still missing means that Nintendo was saving them for another Square Enix character. The question is: Did Nintendo chose Geno over characters like Sephiroth, Sora or Lara Croft? So until that Square Enix character is revealed:

PicsArt_06-29-08.18.07.png

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
As it turns out, writing a Geno moveset took much less time than I thought it would - I'm already done.

Mind you, I'm not really invested in the competitive side of Smash, or figuring out how to balance a game, so I just wrote down my ideas without worrying about things like that. Also, I wound up taking the Ness route where I borrowed the occasional move from other characters, but I figured that it would make for a more entertaining moveset.

Geno Reaches For the Stars!

Palette swaps based on Mario (red cape/hat, brown hair, blue symbol on hat), Mallow (white cape/hat, pink hair, light blue symbol on hat), Bowser (green cape/hat), and Peach (pink cape/hat, yellow hair, silver symbol on hat), along with three of his capes from Mario RPG – the Fuzzy Cape, Fire Cape, and Stars Cape.

For a stage, most people would probably say Forest Maze since that’s where Geno’s introduced, but I’m going with Bowser’s Castle. Not only is it the cover and title screen of the game, and the shot of Exor embedded into the roof of the castle is a striking image, but seriously, how do we not have a Bowser’s Castle stage yet? That’s just baffling. Maybe it could have multiple areas like Garreg Mach Monastery (the roof with Exor clearly visible, the chandeliers where you fight Bowser and Boomer, a bridge suspended over lava…), or areas inspired by Bowser’s various castles throughout the Mario series.

For Geno’s entrance, it’s similar to his first appearance in Mario RPG – a Geno doll is sitting on the ground, and a star flies over it and possesses it, causing it to inexplicably triple in size in the process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Geno has five special moves and five weapons in the original game, I might have to make stuff up.

A --> AA --> AAA: Geno uses Finger Shot with his left and right arms before lifting up his arm to fire the more powerful Hand Cannon from his elbow.

Forward A: Star Gun – Geno shoots stars at his opponents, which are faster and more powerful than the Finger Shot, but don’t go as far.

Up Smash: Geno Blast – it acts similarly to Palutena’s up-Smash, though the beam starts above him and goes down. The more you charge it, the higher the beam’s starting point

Down Smash: Double Punch – pointing his hands at the ground, Geno does a rocket punch with both fists, which loop in a tight circle before returning to his wrists.

Neutral Air: borrowing a weapon from Mallow, Geno clangs two cymbals together, creating a shockwave around himself.

Forward Air: Star Rain – Geno borrows a move from Mallow by throwing out a star that launches diagonally downwards, bouncing if it hits the ground. However, since he hasn’t mastered it (somewhat ironically), it’s much smaller than Mallow’s version, being only a little shorter than Geno himself.

Back Air: Double Punch – Geno shoots both of his fists behind himself, though his body doesn’t change direction.

Up Air: Geno tosses a small version of the orange ball from Geno Flash into the air, which explodes, showering four red triangles similar to the fire plant enemies in Super Mario World. However, these only go to the height that Geno was at when he used the move.

Down Air: Geno tries lifting the Ultra Hammer, but the weight is too much for him, and it plummets to the ground, carrying him along with it.

Dash Attack: jumping up a bit as he runs/floats (not sure which would suit him better), Geno headbutts the opponent before skidding to a stop on the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab: Geno has a tether grab… sort of. His hands launch out, grabbing the opponent and pulling them back to him. Unlike other tether grabs, this does not act as a tether recovery, since there’s nothing to pull his body back to his hands.

Forward Throw: Hurly Gloves – taking a page out of Bowser’s book, Geno lifts the opponent over his head and tosses them straight forward.

Back Throw: Geno’s top half spins around (though his bottom half remains in place) before tossing the opponent in the opposite direction, similar to his forward throw.

Up Throw: Geno uppercuts the opponent, mixing it with a rocket punch to take the opponent higher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For his Up Taunt, Geno takes off his hat, pulls out a Honey Syrup, and uses it, causing the same visual effect from the game. It has no practical use, but it works as an explanation for how he can keep using his specials.

For his Side Taunt, he goes limp as the star floats out of his body, circles around it, and goes back in.

For his Down Taunt, he face-faults, which is a common reaction to foolishness in Mario RPG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main gimmick for his specials, much like the game that he originates from, is timed hits. Pressing the B button at a certain time causes an extra effect, and usually does more damage or makes the special more effective in some way.

B: Geno Beam – I feel like I had to have this one. If you press B, it fires a quick beam similar to Fox’s, but it does less damage and like Fox’s, it doesn’t cause flinching or knockback. If you hold B, red stars will appear above Geno’s icon on the bottom of the screen. Let go when the third one appears, and Geno will fire the Geno Beam at the size that it is in the game, giving it much more range, power, and knockback. If you hold B for too long, the beam fires on its own as the small, weak version, so knowing when to let go is crucial.

Up B: Geno Flash – turning into a cannon, Geno points the mouth of the cannon straight down and fires. The recoil launches him upwards, leaving a glowing orange ball behind that explodes. If you press B at the peak of the jump, the explosion is much larger, gaining a face like in Mario RPG (I’m assuming that’s possible from a coding standpoint – I don’t know what’s practical)

Side B: you’d think that it would be Geno Whirl, but actually, it’s something that I’m calling Playtime. Floating off the ground a little bit, Geno dashes forward, ramming into his opponent. I wanted to give him some horizontal recovery. Normally, Geno stops shortly after he makes contact (or automatically, after a certain distance), but if you press B right as Geno hits an opponent, a giant ghostly Gaz appears, holding on to Geno, and Geno moves much farther than normal, regardless of whether or not anyone else is in the way. (he just smashes through them) I included this as a reference to Geno’s first appearance, where Gaz runs into Mario with enough force to knock him into a wall.

Down B: Geno Boost – red arrows move up Geno’s body as smoke billows around him, temporarily boosting his attack. If you press B right as the animation is about to end, it boosts his defense as well. However, the animation takes a bit of time, he doesn’t get any kind of a boost if he’s attacked while using it, and there’s a bit of a cooldown – trying to overuse it causes him to raise his hands over his head while nothing happens.

For Geno’s Final Smash, Mallow appears and uses Shocker – I had to include him somewhere! If it misses, Mallow has a surprised reaction and disappears. If it hits, it transitions into a cutscene where characters are transported to the roof of Bowser’s Keep. While the opponents are stunned by the lightning bolt, Geno throws out three Geno Whirls. The animation slows down before they hit, before suddenly returning to normal speed as they cut through the opponent in a flash. 9999 appears over the heads of opponents caught in it, and in the background, Exor is slashed in half diagonally, sliding apart anime-style. (if you’re on Bowser’s Keep in that part of the stage, Exor inexplicably repairs himself – I just figured it would be a cool shot, and a nice reference to how effective the move is on Exor) If the opponent’s at 100% damage or more, they’re KO’d. Once the game transitions back to gameplay, Geno and Mallow face the camera and do their victory poses before Mallow disappears. I figure this could be used for Geno’s classic mode ending, with Mario, Peach, and Bowser taunting while the two of them strike this pose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For his victory poses, one would be his win pose from Mario RPG, where he faces the camera and nods. Another references the ending of Mario RPG, where the seven stars surround him and he vanishes into a beam of light, returning to Star Road. His third has a scarecrow wearing blue sitting there, before Mallow dumps an Able Juice on it, causing it to turn back to Geno. Geno looks shocked, while Mallow laughs. His victory theme, of course, would be the victory theme from Mario RPG.

Not the sort of moveset I expect to come with Geno in places(Modern reps less commonly use entirely new moves to them), but still rather interesting. I think referencing the play session between Gaz and Mario is particularly fun in concept, though I think it could be more subtle. Maybe we could see Geno bust out the Shooting Star Shot?

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Geno Reaches for the Stars!

Neutral Air: borrowing a weapon from Mallow, Geno clangs two cymbals together, creating a shockwave around himself.

Forward Air: Star Rain – Geno borrows a move from Mallow by throwing out a star that launches diagonally downwards, bouncing if it hits the ground. However, since he hasn’t mastered it (somewhat ironically), it’s much smaller than Mallow’s version, being only a little shorter than Geno himself.

Down Air: Geno tries lifting the Ultra Hammer, but the weight is too much for him, and it plummets to the ground, carrying him along with it.

I have to say that Geno using Mallow's cymbals is a great idea. That weapon always stuck out for me. As well as Star Rain, it's a nice way to incorporate a bit more of SMRPG into him.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
View attachment 276958

Personally if his mii costume is gonna come back then it’s gonna be his one from smash bros wii u

it wouldn’t make sense because it’s assumed that square doesn’t want Geno playable which would make it pointless and confusing if we were then to basically get Geno in but under a mii gunners moveset.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
I REALLY want to say that we won't, but I just don't know anymore...

The fact that the Geno and Chocobo Mii costumes are still missing means that Nintendo was saving them for another Square Enix character. The question is: Did Nintendo chose Geno over characters like Sephiroth, Sora or Lara Croft? So until that Square Enix character is revealed:

View attachment 276959
i agree ! if anything, it's likely they saved the remaining costumes for 3 upcoming characters coming from the 3 ips with missing costumes

lloyd and gil costumes with namco rep (kos-mos/yuri lowell)
monster hunter costumes with capcom rep (dante/phoenix wright)
geno and chocobo costumes with square enix rep (sephiroth/2b/sora if disney isn't being a ****)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 I'm actually not heavily involved with Operation Starfall and this is intentional. I wanted other people in the Geno fanbase to take on leadership positions and make decisions regarding the fanbase. "Not me, us." That sort of thing. I'm 32 and this speculation cycle has made it pretty apparent that I should "retire" once Ultimate is done. I feel like the future of the Geno and SMRPG fanbase should be led by the 20 somethings and not the Boomers like me who are kind of just seeing things through to the end at this point because of promises made and work done when we were your ages.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
people going on about how spirits can be playable because the rules been Broken but what worries me is that Nintendo might not go for fan favourites or spirits

you may say “well they got min min” which is true but what worries me is that Nintendo didn’t specifically ask for min min. It was the creator that said min min because they wanted her.

sakurai even said himself he was considering ninja which implies Nintendo wasn’t even taking fan request or fan favourites into mind. Hope I’m wrong but that’s the worrying thing about this.
Sorry if I'm behind, but I wanted to address this. Min Min was the most popular female character and the most popular overall, but Ninjara was the most popular male character and second most popular overall. If Sakurai was already deciding between Min Min and Ninjara as the two candidates it was absolutely because of fan demand and the crash bash. If it wasn't about fan demand he'd surely have been considering Spring Man, Ribbon girl, or even Max Brass over Ninjara of all characters.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I'm behind, but I wanted to address this. Min Min was the most popular female character and the most popular overall, but Ninjara was the most popular male character and second most popular overall. If Sakurai was already deciding between Min Min and Ninjara as the two candidates it was absolutely because of fan demand and the crash bash. If it wasn't about fan demand he'd surely have been considering Spring Man, Ribbon girl, or even Max Brass over Ninjara of all characters.
This is true but you also never know what is going to happen and unless there are proper leaks, you just have to have hope and trust in Sakurai that you get what you want. And right now, while I like Min Min's stage and music, she is definitely a weird character that I'm not sure if I will like playing as. I need to wait and see if I will actually buy the second pass.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice there is a think, you said there are 2 characters who increased their chances since Min Min's release, you alredy explain the Geno's case, you can explain who the other is? please
Oh, right, sorry... Work has been rough the last two days so I flat out forgot (half the room in the historical document preservation room on campus flooded yesterday and the dehumidifier in the campus museum surplus crapped out today so like... probably 10 hours of flood/water clean up in two days and having to work around and try to save stuff dating as far back as the 1700s that's literally irreplaceable). I'll try to post a write up later tonight.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Oh, right, sorry... Work has been rough the last two days so I flat out forgot (half the room in the historical document preservation room on campus flooded yesterday and the dehumidifier in campus museum surplus crapped out today so like... probably 10 hours of flood/water clean up in two days and having to work around and try to save stuff dating as far back as the 1700s that's literally irreplaceable). I'll try to post a write up later tonight.
Ok, i will wait, don't worry

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what would be a pretty great Geno reveal trailer? Have Geno come to the aid of Mario and Cloud.

While I would love to see a SMRPG party reunion, I think this would be super meaningful in its own way. It would be a great way to show both Geno's nature as a Mario character and his Final Fantasy flair, but also really showcase Nintendo and Square's reforged relationship in one grand cinematic trailer.

Plus, it would be cool to see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what would be a pretty great Geno reveal trailer? Have Geno come to the aid of Mario and Cloud.

While I would love to see a SMRPG party reunion, I think this would be super meaningful in its own way. It would be a great way to show both Geno's nature as a Mario character and his Final Fantasy flair, but also really showcase Nintendo and Square's reforged relationship in one grand cinematic trailer.

Plus, it would be cool to see.
And Cloud would be referencing Mallow, too. He's the Cloud Prince, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom