• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
This said, Nintendo has at most 3 weeks left to announce their holiday plans or they're in a tilt o whirl of monkey **** and super far behind.
Nintendo: "Um, the correct term is GORILLA ****, and it's actually quite delightful. Have you ever tried a tilt-o-whirl full of that stuff? Better than Disneyland."

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The thing is though that a lot of those detractions are valid. Most detractions aren't meant to be taken as a full on deconfirm (despite what certain people on Gamefaqs say), but rather that they do not really help the character at all, and in fact harm them. For example, Nintendo definitely prioritize active characters/series so being active definitely does help, but that's not to say that inactive characters can't get in; they got in despite their inactivity. Besides I feel like your list is definitely fuzzy in certain categories.

Why are :ultduckhunt::ult_terry::ultwiifittrainer::ultrichter: in the too obscure/niche category? Duck Hunt and Wii Fit are definitely "weird" picks, but they aren't really obscure or niche, they're both still pretty iconic (or at least their games are). Terry and Richter I sort of get, but only if you go in with a really Western perspective; even then Richter got in due to his Japanese popularity but he's still just an echo of Simon, and Terry while not being a huge character is still definitely iconic and definitely not obscure worldwide. If you put Terry and Richter there, at that point you may as well put Ridley too because he definitely isn't well known worldwide.

Why are :ultpit::ultcloud: in the Smash demand "meme" cateogry? I kind of get Pit, because he was a surprisingly big character in the Melee days but even then it was never on the levels of Ridley or Banjo, enough to be considered a "meme". Cloud was definitely not a huge meme by the time he ended up getting in, that's what made him so special, he was a huge character but he wasn't really super expected or hyped up by the community beforehand at least in Smash 4.

:ultness::ultlucas: shouldn't really be in the "too long since reappearance" category, especially if you're striking down Geno detraction. They both originally got in while their series was decently relevant, Mother 3 N64 was still in development around the time that the original Smash came out but it hadn't released yet so Ness was the "latest" protagonist. And by the time Smash Brawl released, Mother 3 GBA wasn't released too long ago which made Lucas decently relevant. They've returned because bringing back veterans is probably easier than making entirely new characters. Geno wouldn't really be in the same category.

Also I think the main point that detractors bring up (at least in the newcomer thread) is that not only does Geno fit those categories, he fits all of them in a certain way. Which is a different than just fitting 1-2 categories and nothing else. Despite this, a ton of people there still view him as a possibility; but they say that he really isn't all that likely either. So he's "possible" but not "likely", which is where this thread and the newcomer thread deviate.

There was nothing forcing Sakurai to add in Cloud and Hero before Geno. In fact, it's more likely that Sakurai just cares about representing those franchises more than putting Geno in Smash. I don't think he went in with the mindset that "I'm going to put in Cloud and Hero into Smash, just so that I can put in Geno into Smash". I mean Sakurai clearly cared a ton about Hero making it in, just judging by his own tweet during his reveal. Not to mention that ultimately it is Nintendo making the picks now, so Sakurai can't really pull the strings on any character getting in.

That's not to say that Geno's path isn't "clearer" with two of Square's megaton franchises out of the way, but at the same time that doesn't only benefit Geno but also other Square characters as well.
Long story short to FMOI's post - ANY character can make it in as long as they are video games. Rules made up to fade Geno (or most characters) have very little validity and people choose to actively exclude him based on these "rules". There are points for and against any potential character and he has a better chance to get in at this point than almost any other character left, based on history of demand and the way Sakurai has talked about both Geno and his plans for this DLC pass. You arguing fatman's subjective categories honestly just proves the point that almost all discussion we have here is subjective anyways.

Geno has some good points going in his favor and though there are murky areas and things we don't know, I certainly know there aren't made up rules about spirits or memes or not being important enough in Sakurai's mind.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Me, seeing people put geno on the realistic fighter pass
View attachment 276643

Realistically it would be another pokemon dlc, one tencent ip, crash, lloyd or someone from namco and a sega character.

I love this art,one thing I miss from og smash 64 is the art style from the manual!
Personally, I think he's a lot more likely than you think

He recently reached 2nd place in a poll with over 4,000 representatives that was about most wanted characters for Fighters Pass 2. So he's definitely popular

He's also a long standing fan favorite that lines up with other picks such as Banjo, K Rool, and Ridley. On top of that, Sakurai himself has publicly stated he wanted the character since Brawl

There's also the fact that his Mii Costume was the only one in Smash 4 to get a Splash Screen and this was likely due to fan demand. I don't even think K Rool got that honor and he received a ton of votes in the Ballot. Same Mii Costume has gone missing for over a year after Ultimate released and still hasn't propped up even though there were many opportunities to

Speaking of Mii Costumes, there is a leaker who called every single Mii Costume that would come with Banjo a month before they were showed off. He also correctly called Terry's Spirit board. This is significant because the same dude had also shared Mallow and Smithy would be getting Mii Costumes nearly a year ago which would suggest Geno being a playable character

Just recently, we found out spirits also no longer decomfirm after Min Min which is another thing that really favors Geno

There's also plenty of other stuff I didn't even mention (such as a long list of coincidences regarding Mario RPG in general which have added up to the point where it's become very suspicious), but I think what I've said gets the point across

I think he has a really great shot. I am definitely biased here but even then, I feel like everything I've followed suggests to me he's more likely than not

Droodle

Smash Lord
Droodle Droodle As someone who was here the entirety of Brawl speculation, Cloud in Smash was definitely a meme in the Brawl days:

1:49 (NSFW language)
Yeah, I know he was a meme in the Brawl days; but he definitely wasn't in the Smash 4 days (which is why I specified), and he came out late in the Smash 4 cycle as well. He wasn't super requested or demanded when 4 was in the pre-release marketing cycle as well, though obviously there were some requests of FF into Smash and Cloud was in the forefront there (but regardless not enough to be considered a meme around the time he got in). Even then he wasn't really at the forefront like Ridley and Banjo were.

D

Deleted member

Is there a long list of coincidences and evidence? If so, can someone lend me it?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
meme_tenemos_bugs_bunny_x2x_crop1592610693382.jpg_673822677-950x500.jpg

So, two cups of coffee and half an Addreall in my guts and I'm just kind of vibin' right now. Earlier I had mentioned that the Fall Direct would probably be in October because Nintendo told third parties to not send them stuff until September and that made me realize a ton of things. I've talked about how Sakurai is a stickler for schedules and the DLC flow for announcements and releases for both Smash 4 and Ultimate has essentially been:

February- April- June - September - November - December

Two month gaps are pretty standard and this seems deliberate. Upon looking at this again, Sakurai has already corrected the schedule in his own way.

-Min Min was supposed to be an April release, moved to June.

-If Covid-19 hadn't cavorked everything, 6 would have released in April, 7 and 8 would have announced in June, 7 would have released in June or July, and 8 would have released in September close to the Fall Direct.

-If we adjust things accordingly, this is what we now have: Min Min was a June announcement but a borderline July release. This made me realize that Sakurai's essentially adjusting the schedule like he did with the Fighter's Pass.

-Hero and Banjo were announced in June 2019. Hero was supposed to release in June but was delayed until July for some unknown reason. His release was essentially delayed a month and a half. Banjo still released on time in September.

-To adjust the schedule, Min Min was pushed back 2 months meaning 7's release likely was too. We already know "someone" is releasing in September this lines up, especially with Min Min being a nose hair away from being a July release, just like how Hero was practically an August release.

-If 7 is a (likely early) September release, going off the timescale of the Fighter's Pass, this means 7 and 8 went from being an early to mid June announcement to an early to mid July announcement. The gap between Hero and Banjo was roughly a month meaning if 7 is early September, 8 is likely an early to mid October release.

-If we follow this to a T, this also means that our Fall Direct announcement likely isn't 8 but is actually 9 and would be slated for a December release.

TLDR;

Fighter's Pass:

April- Joker
July/August- Hero (announced in June)
September- Banjo (announced in June)
November- Terry (announced in September)

Unborked Timeline Season 2:

April- Min Min
June/July- 7 (announced in June)
September- 8 (announced in June)
November- 9 (announced in September)

Probable Current Timeline:

June/July- Min Min
September- 7 (announced in July)
October- 8 (announced in July)
December- 9 (announced in October)

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 276654

So, two cups of coffee and half an Addreall in my guts and I'm just kind of vibin' right now. Earlier I had mentioned that the Fall Direct would probably be in October because Nintendo told third parties to not send them stuff until September and that made me realize a ton of things. I've talked about how Sakurai is a stickler for schedules and the DLC flow for announcements and releases for both Smash 4 and Ultimate has essentially been:

February- April- June - September - November - December

Two month gaps are pretty standard and this seems deliberate. Upon looking at this again, Sakurai has already corrected the schedule in his own way.

-Min Min was supposed to be an April release, moved to June.

-If Covid-19 hadn't cavorked everything, 6 would have released in April, 7 and 8 would have announced in June, 7 would have released in June or July, and 8 would have released in September close to the Fall Direct.

-If we adjust things accordingly, this is what we now have: Min Min was a June announcement but a borderline July release. This made me realize that Sakurai's essentially adjusting the schedule like he did with the Fighter's Pass.

-Hero and Banjo were announced in June 2019. Hero was supposed to release in June but was delayed until July for some unknown reason. His release was essentially delayed a month and a half. Banjo still released on time in September.

-To adjust the schedule, Min Min was pushed back 2 months meaning 7's release likely was too. We already know "someone" is releasing in September this lines up, especially with Min Min being a nose hair away from being a July release, just like how Hero was practically an August release.

-If 7 is a (likely early) September release, going off the timescale of the Fighter's Pass, this means 7 and 8 went from being an early to mid June announcement to an early to mid July announcement. The gap between Hero and Banjo was roughly a month meaning if 7 is early September, 8 is likely an early to mid October release.

-If we follow this to a T, this also means that our Fall Direct announcement likely isn't 8 but is actually 9 and would be slated for a December release.

TLDR;

Fighter's Pass:

April- Joker
July/August- Hero (announced in June)
September- Banjo (announced in June)
November- Terry (announced in September)

Unborked Timeline Season 2:

April- Min Min
June/July- 7 (announced in June)
September- 8 (announced in June)
November- 9 (announced in September)

Probable Current Timeline:

June/July- Min Min
September- 7 (announced in July)
October- 8 (announced in July)
December- 9 (announced in October)
So, in effect, we can expect at bare minimum the reveal for FP7 sometime in July

Firox

Smash Master
So, in effect, we can expect at bare minimum the reveal for FP7 sometime in July
Hold on a sec, FMOI is saying that FP7 is a July reveal with a September release? But that's a two month gap. Don't we typically see a one to two week gap between reveal and release? I could see a September release, but not with a July reveal. I'd put my money on an early September reveal with the release towards the end of the month.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know how anyone can look at the addition of characters like Ridley, Plant, Joker, and Banjo and then see Geno as this far flung hope, literally a Mario characters with 20 years of demand in the Smash community that Sakurai himself has personally commented on. It's kind of wild to me at this point because, as I showed yesterday, Geno has always been dogged by ACKCHYUALLY, even as the reasons have become increasingly pedantic to exclude him.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I dunno man. I just don't see July being the month we get the next character. It just seems too soon. Like, if they were that ready, why not have them announced back to back? Why wait like 2-4 weeks to announce the next character to take away the attention from Min Min almost immediately. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

MarcelinoBros92

Smash Rookie
Well, is finally here.
Due to the pandemic in Chile (if you know, the situation in my country has been else some difficult)
But the store in Chile where im got this plush have send today our boy to make company with Mario and Luigi :)
Saludos a todos ♡♪!?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm not really sure what has been going on with SmashBoards recently. The site is constantly crashing on me, things load extremely slow, or it leads me to a 502 Bad Gateway webpage. I'm hoping these issues get fixed soon because its been kinda annoying me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hold on a sec, FMOI is saying that FP7 is a July reveal with a September release? But that's a two month gap. Don't we typically see a one to two week gap between reveal and release? I could see a September release, but not with a July reveal. I'd put my money on an early September reveal with the release towards the end of the month.
Banjo was announced in June, and released in September, a 3 month gap and Joker was announced in December of 2018 and released in April 2019

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I just want a reveal trailer for Fighter 7 sometime in July. I'll gladly wait for September for their release, as long as we get to find out who they are before then.

Just... no more waiting months on end for a character we know absolutely nothing about other than what series they come from.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm not really sure what has been going on with SmashBoards recently. The site is constantly crashing on me, things load extremely slow, or it leads me to a 502 Bad Gateway webpage. I'm hoping these issues get fixed soon because its been kinda annoying me.
As Geno's chances to be playable increase, reality itself is breaking apart.

A fair trade.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Yesterday, I posted my predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass 2 in light of the first fighter being Min Min. Gonna post 'em here too, albeit a cliff notes version because I don't want to type everything out again...
  • I think this pass will be a mix of both first-parties and third-parties.
  • I think this pass will feature a "Nintendo-centric" focus, with both first-parties, and third-parties who are very relevant to Nintendo and their history.
  • I think one of the upcoming fighters will be a Capcom character.
  • I think one of the upcoming fighters will be a Banjo-type pick that will mainly please the fans.
  • I think one of the upcoming fighters will be a Hero-type pick to help promote an upcoming Switch release.
  • I think we're gonna see more "premium" DLC Mii Fighter costumes like Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy.
And then here's my more specific predictions on who the fighters will be (plus what Mii Fighter costumes they'll come with)...
fighterspassvol2predictions.png

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yesterday, I posted my predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass 2 in light of the first fighter being Min Min. Gonna post 'em here too, albeit a cliff notes version because I don't want to type everything out again...
  • I think this pass will feature a "Nintendo-centric" focus, with both first-parties, and third-parties who are very relevant to Nintendo and their history.
  • I think one of the upcoming fighters will be a Banjo-type pick that will mainly please the fans.
  • I think one of the upcoming fighters will be a Hero-type pick to help promote an upcoming Switch release.
  • I think we're gonna see more "premium" DLC Mii Fighter costumes like Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy.
And then here's my more specific predictions on who the fighters will be (plus what Mii Fighter costumes they'll come with)...
View attachment 276664
This would be straight fire honestly, it would be omega level hype

Also, respect for putting blue badger and steel samurai in there, those two are honestly the 2 mii costumes i want to see the most

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Historically it averages out to about a two month gap between announcements and releases:

Smash 4:

Mewtwo: Roughly 5 months
Lucas: About 2 1/2
Roy and Ryu: Same day
Cloud: About a month
Corrin and Bayo: About a month and a half

Fighter's Pass:

Plant: Roughly 3 months
Joker: About 4 months
Hero: About a month and a half
Banjo: About 2 1/2
Terry: About 2
Byleth: Week and a half (but was supposed to be a December announcement)

Season 2:

Min Min: About a week (but was supposed to be an April release)

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that that's only the case for Character Presentations, not Direct or E3 Showcases. I have a theory on this on one of my last posts, but I put it on the spoiler below
So, here's my biggest theory of all-time: do you guys remember how we we're supposed to get a Mario presentation in March/April/June (depends on who you believe). What if the presentation (or it's contents) was delayed to a Nintendo "E3" showcase in July? More specifically, July 14th, the last date mentioned by that Twitter. I mean, think about it:
  • This is the 35th anniversary of Mario, which is supposed to have a lot of announcements for our plumber boy. Plus, with Nintendo saying that everything is on schedule for this fiscal year (if another spike doesn't happen) means that announcements should be coming soon. That also means that they would be able to talk about BOTW2 and other big releases (they would keep some hidden, of course) from this timeframe anytime now. Combine that with the fact that they like to sit on finished games and you get a pretty reasonable holiday lineup. That also explains why the first half of the year felt slow: it was because they hold off some finished games to better pace the releases.
  • "But we already got announcements for Paper Mario, LEGO Mario, Mario Kart Tour and the Mario Maker 2's update separately Why won't they just shadow drop" So here's where it gets interesting and what triggered this crazy theory... Let's say that this presentation had this date of July 14th already decided after E3 was cancelled and the world went crazy. What happens to it's rumored contents?
    • Mario Kart Tour's content would've released either way in April, so it was dropped anyways, plus we got another update in the meantime.
    • Mario Maker 2 update had it's development cut short, because we know it was meant to have a Mario 2 style, so it released in April anyways.
    • Paper Mario: The Origami King would've release 2 weeks after this date, which is a really small marketing cycle for a important first-party release.
    • Lego Mario is releasing early August, but since it's a licensed toy, marketing cycles may be different.
    • Super Mario 3D World Deluxe was supposedly delayed from this year's first semester. We have no idea of it's new date, but it's probably in October or November.
    • Mario: The Mushroom Kingdom Collection is probably a September release to tie into the anniversary of Mario.
  • Add in any other surprise games and announcements they want to show and you have a pretty solid showcase.
  • After E3 was cancelled, some press conferences that usually are in June, such as Ubisoft and Microsoft, had their dates set for July. The same could be applied for Nintendo.
    • "So, what happens on July 6th that twitter profile posted?" It's the announcement for this showcase happening, since they don't reveal their E3 presentations a day beforehand, because they are the biggest of the year.
    • EDIT: "Why not not July 6 for the fans of the number 7?" Because that would contradict those Twitter dates: why reveal a game a week after you just made a big showcase and not include it in the same thing. (Pokémon is a different circunstance, because of Tencent's project)
  • EDIT: The next big fiscal report from Nintendo is also happening later in July. The last shareholder's meeting was in April, and we had a good outline for Q2 because of the Mini Direct at the end of March. Because of this, there wasn't any rush needed to announce any Q3 games. "Didn't we just have one shareholder meeting?" Actually, this one is a little different: more related to the selection of CEO or something related to that (I don't know specifics). So, that would mean they would need to outline what are their plans for Q3, which has... only Paper Mario? And we're getting to the second half, where releases pick up in pace. Also, it's usually the first meeting after "E3".
  • "But Nintendo said to 3rds to announce things anytime, so this means that there's no Directs coming" Actually, no: this only means that the presentation was delayed. It's a lot of work to communicate with other companies, so if they went with the usual, this presentation wouldn't happen until much later. That also means that 3rds wouldn't wait for them anyways, since they need to release their games. The same applies to Nintendo. I know that we entertain the idea of these shadowdrop trailers, but I think Paper Mario and the annoucements above happened for another reason: "They couldn't afford to wait for the presentation, since it would be too close to the planned release". By cutting 3rds from the E3 showcase, they only need their stuff to make it happen soon, rather than trying to put together something that would need to be redone anyways, because the games couldn't afford to wait.
  • Now, what ties well into any Direct? That's right, SMASH! I think there was a tie-in reveal for this Mario presentation that was going to release in June, but was pushed to September. Now, remember when we said they would need to announce a character to release it September? So, here's the thing: Character Presentations aren't released far away from their character: at most, it's 2 weeks. So, we would need another presentation to get a reveal before it happens. However, September would be too late, because they would have the issue of another character being revealed alongside it. But "only" Min-Min was delayed based on what Sakurai said, meaning that #7 and #8 are "on track". So they would need to reveal them all in a Direct. A Smash-only Direct is unlikely, since it would take away the purpose of our usual character presentations and vice-versa. Also, they don't release multiple characters so close to each other. So, 7 and 8 would have to both be revealed in a normal one... Remember what we said about E3 never having less than 2 announcements? Yeah, this falls into place here too.
  • Hero's release was almost 2 months after E3. Where does this place #7's release? September! What also happens in September? The Square and Mario amiibo restock. What character has ties to Square and Nintendo? That's right, Pinocchio Geno! And just like Hero, he was supposed to be an E3 release. Also, remember how Banjo's date was Fall? Yeah, that's also #8's release date.
  • "What about the usual September Direct? Actually, it's kinda simple: since June's presentation was in July, September's would probably go to October (remember that a November Direct was when Cloud got revealed).
    • This also means that there's a good interval between character releases (June - Early September - October or November)
    • This also corroborates everything that was talked about and the drought that we have now is exactly like the droughts we have before E3.

So, in a resume:
  • More strength to the fact that Min-Min was an April release
  • We're getting our Nintendo E3 showcase (with no 3rds) July 14 (A Tuesday, just like E3)
  • Everything is on track, just like Sakurai and Nintendo said. It's just that everything was pushed a little. So, our timeframe theories are still right and this Pass won't be the drag until December 2021 that most people believe. Also that BOTW has a chance for 2020 (which is CRAZY).
  • #7 would be a part of the Mario Celebration, whenever it happened. Also, it's Geno, no doubt about it.
    • This also means that #7 would've released at E3, just like how Hero was supposed to last year.
    • But now, it will be Early September, with his presentation coming in the same day, since he was revealed beforehand.
  • #8 would be shown at E3 anyways. If we get a full Nintendo showcase, he will appear there to crash the party.
    • He will also be released in a October Direct, just like Banjo was.
  • #9 is revealed in that October Direct, because of how unnatural this year is (so #8 is shadow dropped here, not #7).
  • #10 is probably a Game Awards reveal or another surprise presentation.
    • If Chief happens, I think he's on the Game Awards, no matter if he's #10 or #11.
View attachment 276440
I'm starting to think we've nailed something big happening in July, with the fact that even changing perspectives of our analysis, we're getting the same timeframe for 2 reveals.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It could be a mix of things. There was the DDOS attack a few days ago, so that might be causing problems, and the first character of Fighters Pass 2 is supposed to be releasing today, so people are likely anxious after six months without any new characters and are constantly checking to see if Min Min's released yet. (though in all likelihood, she won't be released for another five hours or so)

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 276664
idk if you want he in, but has alredy be confirn that Kiryu won't be in smash, sorry: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ni...stas-lleguen-a-super-smash-bros-ultimate/amp/ (Sorry, this is the interview but i just find it on spanish)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno... My zeitgeist moment when I started being positive in Geno again aside from the 2016 Nintendo World article was Bayonetta. Heroine from a brutally violent M rated series that fights naked with BDSM and guns, swears about as much as I do, does super explicit poses in like half the action cutscenes, and sometimes literally orgasms when she kills people? She made it into Smash? Excuse me? EXCUSE ME?!? How is Geno literally impossible compared to this? I mean, ****, Snake was definitely a "**** your rules" kind of character too but even back then the goalposts were being moved as in "well, he'll be the exception. Everybody else will be super cartoony and goofy."

MattX20

Smash Hero
Historically it averages out to about a two month gap between announcements and releases:

Smash 4:

Mewtwo: Roughly 5 months
Lucas: About 2 1/2
Roy and Ryu: Same day
Cloud: About a month
Corrin and Bayo: About a month and a half

Fighter's Pass:

Plant: Roughly 3 months
Joker: About 4 months
Hero: About a month and a half
Banjo: About 2 1/2
Terry: About 2
Byleth: Week and a half (but was supposed to be a December announcement)

Season 2:

Min Min: About a week (but was supposed to be an April release)
Basically, as this shows, a 2-3 month gap between an announcement and release of a fighter is not that farfetched

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

So uh, do we take this statement as legit and as a good omen for July? Learned of this on RGT 85's latest video.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

So uh, do we take this statement as legit and as a good omen for July? Learned of this on RGT 85's latest video.
Honestly never heard of Nintendeal before. Do they have a history of making tweets like this before Nintendo releases anything?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Me, seeing people put geno on the realistic fighter pass
View attachment 276643

Realistically it would be another pokemon dlc, one tencent ip, crash, lloyd or someone from namco and a sega character.
Me, seeing people reguritating this same tired **** yet again
EbPcNpvXQAAlflk.png

Okay, serious question, and this doesn't have anything to do with Geno specifically: why is it that when people try and come up with a list of newcomers that are "realistic", they always go for the most boring or predictable choices imaginable? "All we're getting is another Pokemon no one cares about, a shill pick from a big chinese company, and someone else that's easy to predict, I dunno..." Has Smash Ultimate's roster even come close to that level of boring? Hell, has any Smash game ever gotten close to that level of boring?

Take a step back and marvel at the absolute banger of a roster we've gotten thus far. Ridley alone would've easily made this roster great, but then we get **** like Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie. Hell, even the Echo Fighters this time are characters people actually wanted like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus. Now sure, they haven't all been home-runs, but as a whole this roster has easily been one of the best in the series' history, filled with plenty of characters people outright believed to be impossible, characters even the director of the series himself said weren't feasable. And yet, despite all of this, people continue to keep their expectations as low as possible.

I honestly can't stand it when people continue to low-ball their predictions like this. I mean I get it, you don't want to set yourselves up for disappointment for what is potentially the third time in a row, or perhaps you're just sick of being wrong in your predictions and just want to feel as if you have any idea as to who's getting in. But at this point, given how this roster has gone in the >2 years since it's initial reveal, if you still believe that the best we're getting for the remainder of this Fighter Pass is a bunch of boring shill picks or obvious mascot characters, and that the likes of Geno or Waluigi are outright impossible at this point, then I'd recommend taking a good look back at past precedent.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Yes. Yes he was.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
View attachment 276664
It’s probably fair to say it’s probably gonna be 3 first party characters and 3 third party characters.

considering the base roaster was all first party apart from Simon and the dlc was all 3rd part apart from Byleth then they’ll probably meet in the middle this time round with 3 each.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Me, seeing people reguritating this same tired **** yet again
View attachment 276666
Okay, serious question, and this doesn't have anything to do with Geno specifically: why is it that when people try and come up with a list of newcomers that are "realistic", they always go for the most boring or predictable choices imaginable? "All we're getting is another Pokemon no one cares about, a shill pick from a big chinese company, and someone else that's easy to predict, I dunno..." Has Smash Ultimate's roster even come close to that level of boring? Hell, has any Smash game ever gotten close to that level of boring?

Take a step back and marvel at the absolute banger of a roster we've gotten thus far. Ridley alone would've easily made this roster great, but then we get **** like Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie. Hell, even the Echo Fighters this time are characters people actually wanted like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus. Now sure, they haven't all been home-runs, but as a whole this roster has easily been one of the best in the series' history, filled with plenty of characters people outright believed to be impossible, characters even the director of the series himself said weren't feasable. And yet, despite all of this, people continue to keep their expectations as low as possible.

I honestly can't stand it when people continue to low-ball their predictions like this. I mean I get it, you don't want to set yourselves up for disappointment for what is potentially the third time in a row, or perhaps you're just sick of being wrong in your predictions and just want to feel as if you have any idea as to who's getting in. But at this point, given how this roster has gone in the >2 years since it's initial reveal, if you still believe that the best we're getting for the remainder of this Fighter Pass is a bunch of boring shill picks or obvious mascot characters, and that the likes of Geno or Waluigi are outright impossible at this point, then I'd recommend taking a good look back at past precedent.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Yes. Yes he was.
Where did the idea that a tencent character was likely even come from? This feels like katalina 2.0

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Honestly never heard of Nintendeal before. Do they have a history of making tweets like this before Nintendo releases anything?
Nintendeal, as the name implies, almost exclusively tweets about sales and new releases for Nintendo products (eShop, Amazon, etc, I highly recommend following them if that sounds interesting to you). I’ve never seen them tweet about news like this, but they are hardly in need of, as the kids say, “clout chasing”, so for them to tweet something like this, in my mind, it’s gotta be something big

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Where did the idea that a tencent character was likely even come from? This feels like katalina 2.0
I think there was a 4chan "leak" that claimed one of the DLC characters would be a League of Legends character, and said "leak" managed to get one or two details right (and I'm putting the word "leak" in quotes because I obviously have no idea whether to trust it or not).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nintendeal, as the name implies, almost exclusively tweets about sales and new releases for Nintendo products (eShop, Amazon, etc, I highly recommend following them if that sounds interesting to you). I’ve never seen them tweet about news like this, but they are hardly in need of, as the kids say, “clout chasing”, so for them to tweet something like this my mind is it’s gotta be something big
They must have caught wind on something major if they shifted what they usually do.

MattX20

Smash Hero
They must have caught wind on something major if they shifted what they usually do.
If I had to make a guess, it's probably something to do with Mario's 35th anniversary or possibly a hint of when FP7 is revealed

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If I had to make a guess, it's probably something to do with Mario's 35th anniversary or possibly a hint of when FP7 is revealed
If it was the former, that would make sense if the rumors are true. If it was the latter, the choice would have to pretty notable to them.

Or maybe it could be both and we are getting some sort of Direct much sooner than expected. Not sure on that, but we can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom