• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I guess Geno might have a chance again now when spirits don't deconfirm characters.

I didn't play Mario RPG as a kid but I bought it for virtual console and had a lot of fun with it. It would be nice to show the good old classics some love especially considering how popular Geno has been for so long within the Smash community.

It's nice to see so much love for this old character who hasn't appeared in any game for so long. There are so many charming old Nintendo characters who just fade into obscurity.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy! Min-Min is in and it finally breaks the whole "Spirits deconfirm" argument, which is just great. Something else I didn't notice while watching the reveal video or looking over at it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that we didn't get a look at Min-Min's spirit board... if she has one. If she doesn't, it could potentially also help both Geno and Waluigi, which people sometimes complain that they don't have enough spirits possible to fill a spirit board and to be able to get in. And this can also help a lot of other characters that have a decent amount of spirits that are spirits themselves, like Isaac and others. So that's potentially another "rule" broken.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
WARNING! SPECULATION THAT MIGHT SOUND STUPID

The Smash presentation was quite exciting, but... Does anyone know if any spirit boards were shown? I don't remember any, it's assumed that with each fighter a spirit board comes out, is it because there are already spirits from the character's origin game (Arms) in the base game? At this point my most wanted character is Porky and there are already spirits of Mother 3 in smash, I suppose that on Monday we will see what happens.

To take another example, there are already Geno (Mario RPG) spirits in the base game, maybe Byleth had a Spirit Board because despite being from a franchise already represented in smash, each game is unique and has different characters and stories.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There’s more costumes that have been split amongst companies than have come together.
Also people bend the truth in interviews all the time.
Saying nothing came out of the talks with Nintendo is a little more than bending the truth. As much as I want to it to be a lie, look at the detail he went into about it in that interview. It’s nothing like Grant Kirkhope.

I think I’m gonna drop this argument though. I did make some bad faith points and I’ll accept that.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
DRAGON QUEST IS NOT SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH SQUARE ENIX
ENIX SHOULD NEVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH SQUARE ENIX
Technically, this isn't wrong. Square, IE the Square side almost never gets involved with Dragon Quest material. Save for one Itagaki Street crossover and Mario Sports Mix, Final Fantasy and Square have never really collaborated or helped Enix, the Dragon Quest side with any of their projects.
Not to mention Enix and Dragon Quest also have Armor Project, Bird Studio and the Sugiyama Estate behind it as well.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
For those curious, we're now down to 6 third party Mii Costumes that have not come back from Smash 4:

-Two from Bandai-Namco (Lloyd & Gil)
-Two from Capcom (Rathalos & the Hunter)
-Two from Square-Enix (Geno & Chocobo Hat)

Does seem pretty telling what's yet to show up in that regard.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ummm...guys it maybe just the website updating but Min Min is on there now but 6 more slots are in the fighter's page!?
It shows five additional slots for me. Either way, the site does tend to act up right when it's updated, especially that section with the DLC, so it's not a hint at anything.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Found it, and updated. The only big competition against Geno I see is Lloyd as far as mii costumes go
PicsArt_06-22-08.31.12.jpg

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Technically, this isn't wrong. Square, IE the Square side almost never gets involved with Dragon Quest material. Save for one Itagaki Street crossover and Mario Sports Mix, Final Fantasy and Square have never really collaborated or help one another on projects.
Didn't they take a dragon quest dev and make him work on FFXIV. And didn't Final fantasy XIV get a Dragon quest Collaboration?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something I want to note that may have been lost in the mix... Joker and Hero are releasing together in the fall.... The next Amiibo wave is September... This Amiibo wave includes the rereleases of Smash Mario, Luigi, and Cloud...

KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 , PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Brothers, the day we have been working towards for 15 years may soon be upon us.

D

Deleted member

In Theory I should be Happy right now because spirits don't deconfirm anymore so Geno has a chance and the Hero amiibo looks hype af.

... Too bad I got depressed after remembering nobody online cares about me besides for Marvel crap and straight on forgot I like DQ at all even when I said many times DQ11 is currently my favourite Switch game.

At least people on this thread seemed to understand my feelings... But god I still feel like movie Sonic after getting that home run and realizing nobody liked him.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they take a dragon quest dev and make him work on FFXIV. And didn't Final fantasy XIV get a Dragon quest Collaboration?
Yeah, but a full-on collaboration with both parties hasn't happened yet. Small stuff like that falls in line with Mario Sports Mix and the Itagaki Street crossover.

Related to Geno, I don't think that the teams that work on Dragon Quest would be the ones you'd go to for his inclusion.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I'm pretty much convinced now that Geno is going to be the "Banjo-Kazooie" of fighter pass #2. It's getting to the point where I'll be more surprised if he DOESN'T show up.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , you said something about a Gooigi Mii Fighter costume possibly showing up today.

We didn't get that costume, but if we had, I guess it would've been a good sign for Geno's chances? What are your thoughts now that it hasn't shown up?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
There's something that people aren't talking about Cacomallow, so let me ask you guys an hypothetical question: Let's suppose that Vault Boy and Cacodemon were shown now in this wave. Cacodemon looks exactly like the leaked one. What is your reaction and your conclusion?
I don't think we're getting multiple waves for new companies, such as how it happened with Ubisoft, but I also think that this could be an expection done on purpose to avoid confirming the Mallow Hat. The amount of costumes is pretty weird, all things considered + the fact that we only got 1 returning costumes instead of the usual 2, which would filled 6 like a glove. Not only that, but Vault Boy is the least speculated out of the 3 main Bethesda franchises (I know about Zenimax's structure before you ask). Not only that, I would expect him to come with a Bethesda character if there was one. So, yeah: I think it's real and they are avoid confirming it until after Geno's shown because they know the implications. Remember, they had time to prepare for this: Cacomallow happened a long time ago.
It's weird that we're getting 5 costumes instead of 6: on one side, this makes me think that packs with 6 are for when we get an Indie Costume, but this didn't happen last pass, so I don't know what's the default value we should expect from now on.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Found it, and updated. The only big competition against Geno I see is Lloyd as far as mii costumes go
View attachment 275678
Jacky came back with Terry, so he should crossed off too.
With that out of the way though, that leaves us with six costumes left. Really hoping Geno is upgraded because it would suck massive balls if they held him off too just like Heihachi.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I am so glad the Spirits deconfirm rule is finally gone for good. That rule was so annoying and it never made sense to me. I am honestly 100% convinced Geno is coming at this point and he will be the Banjo of this Pass. Sakurai wants him, he still has tons of things going for him, his Outfit has STILL not returned yet, and stars are really aligning for him to happen. I may regret this, but I am now at the point where I don't think its a matter of if, but a matter of time before Geno gets included.

QQS

Smash Lord
Well, I’m so happy for Min Min and the Spirits don’t deconfirm thing, finally!

The 100% I was giving on Geno is now a 1000%. I had that 100% even before the Spirit thing. Now it’s even clearer for me.

The missing costume, the 2 songs, ultra fan demand fulfilled already and Spirits don’t deconfirm. This is al I need. Geno is in. I could bet a kidney that Geno is here playable in the Fighter Pass 2.

EDIT: fixed My English.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
alright so

considering some of today's events, i honestly think cacomallow is dead

HOWEVER, please remember: geno's chances don't solely hinge on cacomallow.

stay strong, you guys. i personally don't care for geno but i'm rooting for y'all to get your dude.

D

Deleted member

alright so

stay strong, you guys. i personally don't care for geno but i'm rooting for y'all to get your dude.
Thanks Speed Weed.

Hopefully we do get him.

Droodle

Smash Lord
There's something that people aren't talking about Cacomallow, so let me ask you guys an hypothetical question: Let's suppose that Vault Boy and Cacodemon were shown now in this wave. Cacodemon looks exactly like the leaked one. What is your reaction and your conclusion?
I don't think we're getting multiple waves for new companies, such as how it happened with Ubisoft, but I also think that this could be an expection done on purpose to avoid confirming the Mallow Hat. The amount of costumes is pretty weird, all things considered + the fact that we only got 1 returning costumes instead of the usual 2, which would filled 6 like a glove. Not only that, but Vault Boy is the least speculated out of the 3 main Bethesda franchises (I know about Zenimax's structure before you ask). Not only that, I would expect him to come with a Bethesda character if there was one. So, yeah: I think it's real and they are avoid confirming it until after Geno's shown because they know the implications. Remember, they had time to prepare for this: Cacomallow happened a long time ago.
It's weird that we're getting 5 costumes instead of 6: on one side, this makes me think that packs with 6 are for when we get an Indie Costume, but this didn't happen last pass, so I don't know what's the default value we should expect from now on.
Tbf, 6 is probably an outlier here. The average for most mii waves tends to be around 5, a ton of people count male/female versions of a mii costume as another mii costume, but they really aren't especially with the way that they get advertised.

So far Joker has had 6 mii costumes, Hero has had 4, and everyone else is sitting at 5 mii costumes (not counting male/female versions as different ones).

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, here's Min Min's Spirit Board, seems like they DON'T all need to be new Spirits. Even the "WHAT ABOUT THE SPIRIT BOARD THOUGH" people are getting BTFO.
EbIIJEqUEAAlMol.jpg

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
alright so

I'm inclined to agree, I genuinely don't think they'd make Mii costumes THIS FAR in advance. They COULD have, sure, not saying it's 100% dead, but I really don't think it means anything.

I don't think it means a damn thing in regards to Geno's chances like you said too.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, you guys know how we bring up the idea of Geno being 77 because of the numbers associated? I still kinda doubt that as a foundation to why they would reveal him then and there, however...

This could be an indication of something.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Whatever floats your boat.
The only thing that (IMO) would explain the lack of cacodemon now (no matter if Geno is in or not) would be if Doom Guy is a playable character after all. Otherwise, I really don´t get why they would wait. Sort of like how I highly doubt Rayman is in due to the Rabbids costumes with Byleth.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 275678

Tails was in Joker's pack though.

Something I want to note that may have been lost in the mix... Joker and Hero are releasing together in the fall.... The next Amiibo wave is September... This Amiibo wave includes the rereleases of Smash Mario, Luigi, and Cloud...

KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 , PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Brothers, the day we have been working towards for 15 years may soon be upon us.
Victory is at hand!

I wonder how The Thunder Productions is feeling lmao
Oh man coming from someone whos talked to him, I REALLY wanna see what he thinks.
I'm going to rub it in his face next time I see him. Lmao! It's going to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom