• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Highlights of the presentation for me:

>My predictions about Min Min and Heihachi Mii being right.

>Vault Boy and Marie costume

>Hero amiibo
I just wish they did Amiibos for the other 3 heros. I would scoop up Eight, Solo, and Erdrick so fast. I don't even particularly want a Luminary amiibo but since he's gonna be the only DQ one I may as well.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Although I will still wait to purchase the FIghter's Pass until I see more fighters (Like I did with the first pass when Banjo was revealed)

But, I will certainly be watching this thread, or videos, to see if Min Min's Spirit Battle changes to the her instead of Corrine.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Y'all are like "CacoMallow confirmed" and I'm like "If this thing is so real why hasn't it shown up alongside 3 characters since it happened?"

I went from thinking Cacomallow was likely fake to it likely being real, and now back to likely being fake.

And it's still a non factor for actual characters despite what people keep telling me in this thread.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
TBH I feel bad for him. I thought he was pretty cool and I haven't played Tekken but his passion for Hehachi kinda rubbed off on me. Gotta admit I thought about Heihachi when Sakurai brought up the limbs stuff.

I mean it sucks, but tbh him jumping in everytime heihachi was even tangentially brought up was a bit.... much. Especially considering the topic of the thread. Didn’t he also straight up harass Fatman over outside smash boards drama? Or am i misremembering things? But anyway that’s why I thought it was funny.

Y'all are like "CacoMallow confirmed" and I'm like "If this thing is so real why hasn't it shown up alongside 3 characters since it happened?"

I went from thinking Cacomallow was likely fake to it likely being real, and now back to likely being fake.

And it's still a non factor for actual characters despite what people keep telling me in this thread.
How is this at all a bad thing? Costumes can be made well in advance of their reveals. Fatman heard about fallout content months ago.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While the wait continues, the Geno fans found out that Spirits no longer deconfirm fighters.

This gave them hope that Geno would make it in, as another fan rule was broken.

The page turned, and the Geno fans grew happier. (Guess what this is a reference to, by the way?)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The presentation was pretty cool, but here's the important bits:
- SPIRITS DON'T DECONFIRM! Finally, we can say **** you detractors with that really stupid rule. The goalpost will be moved I'm sure, but spirits have been proven to not matter.
- Rip Heihachi, but Lloyd's looking really good right now.
- Vault Boy being in but Cacodemon not, hmmm... I'm unsure what this means to CacoMallow. It might be dead, but I still think it can come around with Mii Wave 7/8. For the time being, assuming Geno is 7, it's mostly irrelevant anyways though.
- DLC AMIIBO ARE A THING, HELL YEAH! Really hoping Hero gets Erdrick, Solo, and Eight Amiibo made too though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That spirits deconfirm rule being tossed out is a big deal for speculation, and the rest of the Fighter Pass is set to become more chaotic as a result

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
One thing I do think took another hit today though is the prospect of bonus fighters. Sakurai really emphasized the number 5 when talking about the rest of the pass and I really don't get the impression that he was being coy this time. I guess we will know when we know tho. Still a great day for us and great presentation.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, no bingo
d6q8qv.png

That being said...
  • Christ he didn't even ADDRESS Min-Min being a spirit already. IT'S ALMOST LIKE DUMBASS FANRULES DON'T MATTER? She looks really fun though, nice to see my moveset predictions were atleast close to the money
  • JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi I am REALLY sorry. Like, Genuinely, that sucks. It really sucks. They could and should have ripped off the bandaid with Terry, but they didn't. I guess ARMS WAS partially developed by Namco (they did alot of the visual assets apparently) but still, ouch.
  • So uh, Vault Boy? Wow that's neat, if only there was some old very convincing looking leak that had an Id software character as well? HMMMMMMMMMMM
Cacomallow is R E A L. I BELIEVE!

In other words...

HE'S IN. GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN.
https://rave.dj/G_Mfs7tYrEVvFw

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
As always, Mr. Yabuki is a legend: if anything, Min Min was in just for the fact that is his favorite character. Also, she looks a lot of fun: Sakurai always delivers value with their fighters and Spring Stadium looks clean. Good to know my speculation on Heihachi was spot on, but Callie and Marie and 5 costumes was a surprise: That probably means that premium Mii Costumes come in every other pack, making them 3 in total for this pass. That actually makes speculation on them even more weird. Probably have to change things a little.
Ubisoft got a mii hat and a full costume. Bethesda just got a costume.

It's real. Hes in.
The fact that Vault Boy appeared out of nowhere, but no sight of Cacodemon and only 5 costumes makes me think this was on purpose, although I don't know if they will have a 7 pack to compensate (Seven is a pretty popular number these days, huh?)
The weird thing is that we didn't see the ARMS spirit board
Also weird that they didn't talk about ger classic mode.

EDIT: I still am on the fence about Bonus Fighters happening, specially now. As I said before, Sora is the only reason I can see them happening, but time will tell.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Very good presentation from Sakurai's house. The vibe it gave off was very comforting.
So being a spirit does not mean jack now. + 1 for Geno.
Vault Boy Mii - Bethesda in SMASH? +1 for Geno ( per the leak w/ Smithy Cacodeamon Mallow costume list)
No Geno Costume yet again + 1 for Geno.

Knowing this. Im excited to see what is in store for us.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh guys. The caccomallow leak is looking more real by the day. I’m thinking Geno is 100% now

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
>N-no guys, you don't understand! You can't just add a character who's already a PNG!! Min Min was an exception!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It makes me think now that this new round of DLC will NOT have a spirit board for each fighter. That's fine for me.

sup Ze Diglett Ze Diglett .

"But ... But ... Min Min is different since FULLY OWNED Nintendo fighters can be promoted."

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Can I ask why everyone is somehow thinking Vault Boy confirms Cacomallow? Why in the world would they stagger Bethesda Mii costumes for some reason

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm suddenly more confident in Geno, not only with Min Min breaking the "spirits disconfirm!"-mentality, but with Sakurai separately going over how spirit battles may change in the future in general. Definitely relieving to see how spirits do not matter and the existing battles can just be adjusted accordingly. Sure, there's still the dread of Geno's Mii costume returning, but I'm trying to think positive haha!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So there is a lot to unpack here but let me just say that spirits deconfirming is a great sign of things to come. They seemed extremely adamant on spirit fights changing in the future whether they are Mii costumes or new fighters.

Min Min getting in is super great! I'm thrilled for not just her fans, but the ARMS community as well. They are absolutely deserving of being in and representing this game.

Cacomallow might have been proven dead in the water, but at the same time we do know that Bethesda has content on board with Nintendo
So I am not sure. My confidence in those miis have been shaken, but Ubisoft and Sega has shown signs of putting content in the game on and off. It makes me wonder if we can expect to see more Bethesda content in the future. Perhaps even the possibility we might see someone rip and tear the competition in the future.

I think the best way to put this regarding Geno is that he took 3 steps forward today and 1 step back.

Either way, I'm not going to think too much of it and just going to enjoy the breath of life that Geno's chances have now.

Just think of how crazy the ride has been since November 1st, 2018. Smash sure has been insane since then.

Edit: I might add more to my post later. But I have some things to do.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Well, no duh it doesn’t mean we won but completely proves spirits have a chance. Since Bethesda is actually involved, Cacodemon may seem more likely. These costumes could easily show up later though.
Like I said in my edit, I would argue Vault boy gave cacamallow a middle finger more than anything.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What a whirlwind of emotions haha. Honestly, Geno is looking really good right now. Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice the Gooigi thing makes me think he will be with a Mario character.... HMMMMMMMM.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think Vault Boy coming without the Cacodemon hat kills the Cacomallow leak. When Ubisoft got two costumes, they both came together. Don’t see why the same wouldn’t apply here too. Yeah, maybe Doomguy is playable. But if he was, wouldn’t they have kept the Vault Boy costume with Doomguy?

Seems like the Cacomallow leak was just trying to piggyback off the mii costume list imo.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, re: CacoMallow, seeing a Bethesda costume that’s *not* Cacodemon leads me to think that the leak was actually a mod, which is unfortunate.
However... I think it could also be a stepping stone. Vault Boy definitely seems like a Mii costume you’d release on its own. So maybe we’re getting Doomguy after all, and Cacodemon will be revealed at the same time.

As I said before, I was hoping Cacodemon wouldn’t be revealed this time around, because I don’t want Geno’s reveal being spoiled, and having a Cacodemon cap that resembles the leak in any way would definitely spoil it for me.

Not a bad reveal, I’d say.

D

Deleted member

Like I said in my edit, I would argue Vault boy gave cacamallow a middle finger more than anything.
Well keep in mind, it would be no surprised if costumes can be finished ahead of time. I would still give Cacodemon a little more time up to 8. Not that it probably matters anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think Vault Boy coming without the Cacodemon hat kills the Cacomallow leak. When Ubisoft got two costumes, they both came together. Don’t see why the same wouldn’t apply here too. Yeah, maybe Doomguy is playable. But if he was, wouldn’t they have kept the Vault Boy costume with Doomguy?

Seems like the Cacomallow leak was just trying to piggyback off the mii costume list imo.
So there is a lot to unpack here but let me just say that spirits deconfirming is a great sign of things to come. They seemed extremely adamant on spirit fights changing in the future whether they are Mii costumes or new fighters.

Min Min getting in is super great! I'm thrilled for not just her fans, but the ARMS community as well. They are absolutely deserving of being in and representing this game.

Cacomallow might have been proven dead in the water, but at the same time we do know that Bethesda has content on board with Nintendo
So I am not sure. My confidence in those miis have been shaken, but Ubisoft and Sega has shown signs of putting content in the game on and off. It makes me wonder if we can expect to see more Bethesda content in the future. Perhaps even the possibility we might see someone rip and tear the competition in the future.

I think the best way to put this regarding Geno is that he took 3 steps forward today and 1 step back.

Either way, I'm not going to think too much of it and just going to enjoy the breath of life that Geno's chances have now.

Just think of how crazy the ride has been since November 1st, 2018. Smash sure has been insane since then.

Edit: I might add more to my post later. But I have some things to do.
What kind of mental gymnastics have to be performed to see today’s events as “killing” the cacomallow leak?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
A moment of silence for my man Heihachi. I was hoping that both he and Geno would end up being playable, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Do it for him, Geno. Become playable for the King of Iron Fists.
It makes me think now that this new round of DLC will NOT have a spirit board for each fighter. That's fine for me.
You know what... I completely forgot that. They didn't bring up a Spirit Board for Min Min! Does that mean she has none, and that none of the other DLC characters will either?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
MIN MIN IS IN IN!

THIS IS IT LADS! It has been over an year of struggle for us, we went through thick and thin having to refute the same tired "SpIrItS dEcOnFiRm" arguments, but at last, they have been Dragon Arm punched in the gut! Detractors will continue to goalpost move and to conjure up new gatekeeping assumptions, but the weaker and more baseless said assumptions become, the less people will be inclined to believe them. They'll likely never go away, but for once, we have our cause legitimized BIG TIME! By all means, this is huge news for us and don't let anyone downplay that fact. To commemorate the opening of flood gates for Spirit and (hopefully) Assist Trophy fighters in the future, I've made this Photoshop edit:

fan rules are over party compressed.png

:bobomb:FAN RULES ARE OVER!:bobomb:

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
As much as I wanted to belive in Cacomallow I think it's fake now. But on the plus side Sakurai HEAVILY implying more spirit promotions is a VERY good sign for us.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I really don't know how to write this, i mean just... damn... I was biking and i biked home SO DAMN FAST i was dying and then the temperature was on fire. So i got home and opened a soda and started the stream from the beginning.

And when the reveal trailer started i knew immediately. By looking at my profile picture you can already guess that i was excited. I just got one of my most wanted so all thats left for me is Phoesnix Wright and the main boi Geno. Overall this obviously leaves Geno in an excellent position cause you cant say
"oH iT wAs A oNe TiMe ThInG sInCe It WaS a ReQuEsT" because sakurai would have gone for ninjara anyways cuz yabuki simply wanted min-min.

Im so damn excited.

Firox

Smash Master
Overall, today is a good day for Geno. The only downside is the fact that Sakurai pretty much warned us that the next DLC character is going to be a ways out. I mean, if it took us 6 months to get a solid reveal, I'm honestly not expecting the next one until October or November at the earliest.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think Vault Boy coming without the Cacodemon hat kills the Cacomallow leak. When Ubisoft got two costumes, they both came together.
Sega has 4 non-Persona DLC Mii costumes. Two of them came with Joker and two of the came with Terry. Capcom also had two with Banjo and two with Byleth. Don't really see why that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom