• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Prediction:
- Min Min is the character
- Stage: Sky Arena
- Spirits don't deconfirm, Sakurai even makes a small joke about it
- Mii Costumes: none from ARMS, instead 2 Monster Hunter costumes, Cacodemon & Doomguy costume and two costumes from a Nintendo series already in, let's say Callie and Marie costumes.
- Amiibo for Wave 2 announced. In september, Joker and Hero will release.
- Sakurai ends the presentation just with a goodbye and leaves us in the dark about when we're getting FP7.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretty much every Nintendo character does...

The point is, people don't wanna see others act like smug a******* if their character gets chosen. Which, not all, but A LOT of Fire Emblem fans acted like when Byleth was added.
you sure that wasnt because we were being attacked just for getting a character some of us liked? hmmmm I wonderr

Last edited:

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I come around once in a blue moon. Just wanted to throw my support to the Geno thread. You guys rock, keep the dream alive. 7-77!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the Geno Mii costume will return with playable Geno. K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle's costumes came back with them in base game so it would make sense for Geno's to return with him.

Here is the rating I would rank all the Smash DLC so far:

:4mewtwo:5/5 - He was one of my mains back in Melee and It sucked very much for me when he got cut back in Brawl. I was thrilled to see him return.

:4lucas:4/5 - I was that excited for Lucas, but I was happy for his fans.

:4feroy: 4/5 - Again, was excited but happy for his fanbase.

:4ryu: 4/5 - It was cool seeing a legendary fighting game mascot like Ryu get in.

:4cloud:5/5 - I was utterly shocked when he was announced. Cloud is still the most shocked character announcement to me. I think he is a really cool character and is fun to play with.

:4corrin:0/5 - I feel like Corrin was just shoved in to promote the new Fire Emblem game at the time plus I him to be boring.

:4bayonetta: 3/5 - I never played the Bayonetta games, but she is okay.

:ultpiranha: 4/5 - Literally the biggest curveball in Smash history. He is fun to play with and is quite unique.

:ultjoker: 3/5 - I never played Persona but Joker seems alright.

:ulthero: 3/5 - Hero seems alright as well but a little broken. I respect the Dragon Quest series for how big it is in Japan and how impactful it is to the JRPG genre.

:ultbanjokazooie: 5/5 - Literally one of my most wanted characters since Melee along with Goemon, K. Rool, and Ridley. I almost had a heart attack when they were revealed. I love their moveset but I wish they had all the different egg types from Tooie in their moveset. A Monado Arts type Special where you could choose which egg type you want would have been cool.

:ult_terry: 5/5 - Terry is a really cool and fun fighting game character to have in Smash. I was shocked to hear about SNK getting a rep andit was cool how many tracks came with him.

:ultbyleth: 0/5 - Like with Corrin, I feel like he was shoved in to promote the latest Fire Emblem game. And again, I find him as well to be boring.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Tomorrow we'll know for sure what the arms character is. Anyone other than springman or ribbongirl would be a tad worrisome imo.

The biggest thing though we need to look out for is the mii costumes. We'll either be able to breath a sign of relief again at least momentarily, or we might need to pack it up and throw in the towel in the worst case scenario if we Get "Geno, the premiimum costume"

Although Nintendo stated quite clearly there won't be any other characte reveal tomorrow, anyone think there's a chance of a "hint" of who's next? That's not something I know that nintendo has done ever in the past, but maybe in these strange times, they might throw a bone at folks since the pandemic has really slowed development time and they know folks are anxious for more regular news.
Sorry I'm late to responding to this, but their have been quite a few instances where Sakurai has teased at characters in the past. A few examples of Sakurai hinting at things are:

*A PAC-MAN silhouette in the clouds of the Greninja trailer, later revealing PAC-MAN was coming to Smash.
*Before the August 8 Direct, Sakurai tweeted about him feeling like he has one red eye, which is something K. Rool has, later revealing the croc in that very Direct.
*One of the stages in the Stage Builder video showcases two stages. One was of a Dragon, hinting at a Dragon Quest rep, which later did end up happening, and another one was of a green witch, obviously being very reminicient of Gruntilda, the main villain of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, in which later we did end up getting Banjo & Kazooie.

I'm pretty sure their could have been many other instances I haven't mentioned, but these are the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure if we aren't getting the reveal of CP7 at this showcase, at the very least I could see Sakurai make some subtle hint towards who CP7 may be.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just curious, how scared (or hyped) are y'all for the Mii Costumes for tommorow?
Well, I always expect the worst but hoping for the best.

When it comes to DLC
:ultmewtwo: = 3/5Meeh, never really cared about him but glad for the fans
:ultlucas: = 3/5, same as Mewtwo
:ulthero2: = 2/5, same as the previous two but disappointed that we were getting just another sword from a series that could give so much more, and an old one at that
:ultryu: = 3/5. Never been a fan of Streetfighters, but having him were kind of big, I´m not gonna lie
:ultcloud:= 5/5, FINAL FANTASY 7 HPYE
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: = 1/5. Of all the Fire Emblem characters they could have picked, they picked one from a game that was not released in the west. Had it been someone like Hector, Black Knight or Lyn, I would have been much more "hyped. But at least they were new in most of their moveset
:ultbayonetta: 3/5 = Did not know about Bayonetta, but glad for her fans...

:ultpiranha: = 3. Thought it was a fun idea, but not really "omg hype". I really don´t get the hate about it. We all know Sakurai likes to add a weirdo character
:ultjoker: = 4/5. Sister had played it and is a big fan, so it made me bonk it up from more than just "shrug". Now I have played P5R and I can understand why people were so freaking hyped about it.
:ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4:= 3, can we please stop begging for Goku.
:ultbanjokazooie: = 5/5, loved the games as a kid, what else can I say.
:ult_terry:= 3/5, never really cared, but glad for the fans
:ultbyleth:= 5/5. I will admit. At first, when I saw the trailer, I burst out laughing because I knew the reaction was gonna be. But what made me go hype about them, were the fact that I love Three Houses and we finally have a character that is just not a plain sword and gave us the weapon triangle just like Robin gave us the magic triangle.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Watch there be a Geno doll in the background sitting on the shelf.
Omg I'm pretty sure all of us would freak the hell out if Sakurai did that. I could also see Sakurai talk about CP7 saying something like, "We aren't gonna reveal the identity of who CP7 is just yet, but all I will say is that CP7 will be a very fitting character".

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Omg I'm pretty sure all of us would freak the hell out if Sakurai did that. I could also see Sakurai talk about CP7 saying something like, "We aren't gonna reveal the identity of who CP7 is just yet, but all I will say is that CP7 will be a very fitting character".
Sakurai be messing with the camera so we can't get a good look at the Geno doll lmao!

Up and at 'em! In the final hour!
It's almost time bois:

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I think the thing that's so frustrating about FE in Smash is that now every time I mention that I love Fire Emblem, I usually get someone coming after me saying "Oh Fire Emblem has too many Smash characters, so the franchise is bad. How can you like Fire Emblem?"
Whether or not you like the amount of FE reps, I think it's pretty dumb to base the actual series' quality based off of overrepresentation in a different game. FE is really great, but it's forever going to be hurt by this dumb circumstance.
Please tell me that wasn't what you got out of that post. I only went after the nepotism of FE, not the games themselves.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Ok, literal least hour prediction!

-Min Min or the fabled Hero situation, leaning more so on the latter
-Cacodemon hat will show up
-Sakurai's cat will show up

That's it, those are my predictions. I'm willing to take a big fat L if these don't pan out (except for the last one, Fukura is a cutie), but I have a good feeling we'll come out on top of this. So as the old saying goes:

LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOO

image0-109.jpg

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
If Cacodemon is a Mii costume and it looks like the one in the Cacomallow leak we may not even have to wait for Geno news which would be insane

If Geno's a Mii costume RIP but crossing fingers that will not be the case!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Cacodemon is a Mii costume and it looks like the one in the Cacomallow leak we may not even have to wait for Geno news which would be insane

If Geno's a Mii costume RIP but crossing fingers that will not be the case!
I think if only Geno's costume came back we would have seen it in Hero's pack.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Here's my thoughts on the DLC.
:ultmewtwo: 5/5: should never have been cut in the first place. The most annoying thing is how he had the most data of the cut characters in Brawl, and they STILL didn't add him in base 4. Glad he was one of the first reveals in Ultimate.
:ultlucas: 5/5: A welcomed surprise. So many said how he's gone because Ness had all his moves in his custom set, particularly PK Freeze. Don't know why he was cut at first but glad he was back. And I actually played his game.
:ultroy: 4/5: Very surprised at his return. I liked his redesign and updated playstyle. I wonder if he returned to also get people used to his changes so they would be more acceptable of Chrom echoing him later on. Although, I was also surprised he came back after Marth and Ike returned and Robin and Lucina were added. That's a big jump for a series......
:ultryu: 4/5: Never was good at Street Fighter, and can't use Ryu properly in Smash. But I liked his addition and is fun to play casually.
:ultcloud: 5/5: Completely blown away, never thought it was possible. His moveset is a perfect transition from the games, even to the sound effects. Hell, I think Nintendo knows more about him than Square. I just wish he had an English VA and he got more than 2.4 songs. The downside? Almost NO ONE could follow him and continue the hype. The next character was doomed to fail.
:ultcorrin: 0/5: The first character trailer I clicked out of and never finished watching. You are going to follow Cloud Strife with this? Made even worse that he was the only first party DLC. Completely bland character and straight up shill. Also the breaking point for alot of fans and where the favoritism annoyance at Kid Icarus' numerous Smash content vanished and FE took its place. One of the weakest additions in all of Smash.
:ultbayonetta: 3/5: I do subscribe to the theory that she did not 'win,' especially when they spammed * on that victory, indicating that others were ahead. She's practically a Nintendo character now, though. Still, I like her presentation and she is fun to play as at times. Funny enough, I thought her trailer was going to be someone from Kid Icarus, which would have not gone over well at all. Disappointed at some of the music picks, though.
:ultpiranha: 1/5: I'll give a point for creativity and they made him work well. But as a character addition? Nope. I see him as nothing but a jump scare mentality addition: shocked the hell out of everyone and got conversation going, and then the shock quickly wore off and its not scary seeing that jump scare again since you now know its coming. Now he's just........there.
:ultjoker: 3.5/5: No idea who he was, so I watched Persona 5 videos. Looked interesting. Not easy to use in fights. I really like all the stuff that came with him and the cameos of the other characters. Really felt like his game crossed over into the Smash universe as opposed to barely bringing anything over from his home game and contributing to the party......CLOUD.
:ulthero3: 3/5: Spoiled by leaks months before his reveal. I was more annoyed at how they revealed him: showcasing a Japanese gaming icon at a western event at a time when the Japanese would mostly be asleep. Who hired this Marketing Director? I liked the alts, but feel that Erdrick should be default. Eight is my favorite. Would have even liked an echo split as well. Also, Square again came off looking like they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into participating with Smash.
:ultbanjokazooie: 6/5: Hands down THE best addition in the pass and one of the best additions in the whole Smash series. Even a year later, I still smile at the trailer and get excited that they are in. Sometimes I can't believe it. They are a perfect transition into Smash and perfectly fit in. The only change should be their character number: it should be far lower.
:ult_terry: 3.5/5: I've heard of him in his series before, so I wasn't confused as to who be was. I was pretty neutral towards Terry, but then later soured a bit to him due to some obnoxious Terry fans who acted very insulted and were rude when people legitimately asked who Terry was. But after playing him, I like Terry. I like his design and play style and I think he fits into the game very well. He stole Ness's taunt, though, and that's terrible.
:ultbyleth: 1/5: I'll give them this: I like the design, voice acting and varied moveset. But wow. WOW. Did Nintendo botch this. I didn't think they were tone deaf enough to push another FE character after already having seven, but then they made it worse by literally repeating the very derisive way they added Corrin (while 3 Houses was at least released worldwide before being added to Smash, he was still picked and worked on before 3 Houses was released, its just not as blatant looking as Corrin). And he was suppose to end the roster (thank God for pass 2). Nintendo literally picked the worst time to reveal him, did his fans no favors and just pissed off the majority of the Smash fanbase. Shame too, as they are fun to play and finally varied, but too little too late.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Super unlikely scenario!

Sakurai will not say who the next fighter is, but he will say WHERE they are from! Technically not revealing the fighter, but saying they are from *insert franchise here*

QQS

Smash Lord
Min Min reveal is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes.

8C074DDD-6559-4BC7-8AE4-FAE5412E70F4.jpeg

This is my post before the reveal in 30 min. I ALREADY KNOW that they aren’t going to show CP7 here, but as R RetrogamerMax stated, they can show some hints to what expect on the future and also, Im very excited to see OFFICIALLY what happens with the “Spirits/Assits deconfirm”, given that ARMS has one Assist, five Spirits and two costumes in Ultimate already.

Let’s see this with hope and then wait for the official Geno reveal in June. Can you imagine a reveal/later today in the 7th of July? Character 7, Fighter #77, 7 stars, 7/7.

Hope to see a premium Knight or Ori today also!

Let’s see what happens with ARMS and lets hope for the best. Geno has always been a 100% for me, as you know.

GENO FLASHES IN!

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Like if anybody would pay attention to them anymore after the Spirit, Assist Trophy, and Mii costume fan rules die.
That should be the case. Still, after so many fan rules being broken before, the detractors should be way too hard to take seriously.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the Gooigi costume doesn't show up today, I think ****'s about to get wild and the next Smash reveal is going to be the one that defines this season. I strongly think Sakurai wanted to go into E3 2020 with all guns blazing and a weird little throwaway costume may wind up being the lynchpin to that theory. Today is going to be tense.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One of the these fan rules is going to pass away, it's just a matter of which one at this point

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had to laugh the other day when on a Dead by Daylight forum and the rules of Smash Brothers were being applied to that game as ''Sadly Jason is like Master Chief. He'll never happen."

And I just had to ****ing cackle because we're legit two steps away from Master Chief because of Nintendo and Microsoft's working relationship. And all the ''Never gonna happens!" we've had before.

But it's wild to travel out to other big crossover games and see Smashers pulling the same ****.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If the Gooigi costume doesn't show up today, I think ****'s about to get wild and the next Smash reveal is going to be the one that defines this season. I strongly think Sakurai wanted to go into E3 2020 with all guns blazing and a weird little throwaway costume may wind up being the lynchpin to that theory. Today is going to be tense.
why do you say this? What about a Gooigi mii would make Pack 7 more exciting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom