• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Because according to Stealth (I think it was stealth, wasn't it?) The gender of the character would give it away. Considering how many female characters are serious options it seems like that means it's a male character (he also said not Helix so it's not an it) of the male characters Springman and Max Brass are the only realistic options. All just speculation based on a hint from a leaker, so take it with a grain of salt.
IIRC it was Nate Drake on era but everything else is correct

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Guys what are the chances that they are trolling us and the ARMS reveal indeed will have another fighter reveal? Have that happened before? I mean, that Nintendo says “only X will be shown” and they show Y also.

Or it’s happening in July? If that’s the case, of course I’m Okay cause also it’s my birthday week and would love to see our boy there! He is happening I swear. (Not with Arms, but in July).

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys what are the chances that they are trolling us and the ARMS reveal indeed will have another fighter reveal? Have that happened before? I mean, that Nintendo says “only X will be shown” and they show Y also.

Or it’s happening in July? If that’s the case, of course I’m Okay cause also it’s my birthday week and would love to see our boy there! He is happening I swear. (Not with Arms, but in July).
I don't think they were lying about no other characters in the reveal. They said that in one of the last presentations, which was Terry's, and that turned out to be the case.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord

With the Terry showcase it said the exact same thing and they were telling the truth so the chance of them lying... 0% tbh

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Because according to Stealth (I think it was stealth, wasn't it?) The gender of the character would give it away. Considering how many female characters are serious options it seems like that means it's a male character (he also said not Helix so it's not an it) of the male characters Springman and Max Brass are the only realistic options. All just speculation based on a hint from a leaker, so take it with a grain of salt.
I mean, if there is still two major options, then no matter what the character is still not given away. Same could be said for the female characters in some people eyes(I have certainly seen some people consider only two female reps very likely). I think the general idea was that they did not want to narrow things down like that.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
So, where we're at right now:

-ARMS is coming... By itself.

-This heavily supports that the ARMS character probably was supposed to be the April release.

-Based on this, E3 was likely originally planned to be at least a double.

-E3 died so... What happened to those two reveals?

-September Amiibo wave suggests at least one will be announced by September.

-Pretty small window for next announcement: basically a three week time span between now and July 10tn.

-Unclear what will happen to the other one. Could either be announced with 7 or is being saved until September for the return of Directs.
given how pokemon just had a direct a few days ago , where pokemon snap 2 was revealed, only to anounce they are haveing another direct next week it could end up oddly spaced for no reason

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200617-075730_Facebook.jpg

>Mfw the mii costume portion reveals cacodemon and it looks almost exactly the same as the one supposedly leaked those months ago

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Guys just a random question, probably off topic but it’s just Geno related anyway. Where are you the majority from? USA? Just wonder where is the most Geno fanbase.

Im from Santiago, Chile. As you know, one of the old school guys from 1990.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys just a random question, probably off topic but it’s just Geno related anyway. Where are you the majority from? USA? Just wonder where is the most Geno fanbase.

Minnesota

Nicnac

Smash Ace

Glasgow.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
MFW 6, 7, and 8 probably would have all been revealed by now if Covid-19 hadn't happened and the crushing reality we may be waiting until September to know the other two:

I'm still surprised that they wouldn't just show them. While sone will say its for hype, Nintendo had no issue showing Pac-man behind closed doors, or having trailers for Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt despite coming AFTER the game was released and people would have them unlocked.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Im thinking its gonna be Spring Man with multiple characters just like Hero, and Bowser Jr, with the Koopalings. I don't see how this is not the best way to represent ARMS because you have the Main/Mascots like Spring Man and Ribbon Girl for the casual audience and you have Twintell and Min Min for the Competitive audience. This would satisfy both sides and have Nintendo make more money. Also why do fans hate Spring Man? I get that he's "boring and basic" but that's like saying every series should only have side characters from now on and NONE of the Main/Mascots of their respective series and no one thinks at all about fans who'll say "why'd they put these random side characters in and NOT the faces everybody recognizes? You cannot tell me thats good representation. After all Sakaurai did say he's pushing Ultimate more on the Casual side and for fun than on the Competitive side.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The thing I'm extremely nervous about heading in to this Presentation is that this character's Mii Outfit selection will be another grab bag and he\she brings along the Geno Mii Outfit from Sm4sh. I do believe Geno is in, but that is one thing I am fearing heading in to this showcase.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The thing I'm extremely nervous about heading in to this Presentation is that this character's Mii Outfit selection will be another grab bag and he\she brings along the Geno Mii Outfit from Sm4sh. I do believe Geno is in, but that is one thing I am fearing heading in to this showcase.
I don't think we need to worry about his costume returning with a non-SE character. What we need to worry about is if the Arms character isn't a promotion.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
@Droodle Again, going back to the elephant in the room, other companies aren't having as much issue of putting stuff out as Nintendo and everyone has taken notice. Given this is a global pandemic, all these companies are under similar conditions. What makes Nintendo wildly different? This is on top of the fact that the Spring Direct, spring Mario presentation, AND E3 presentations were canned and Nintendo has told third parties to just go ahead and reveal stuff because they won't be expecting to do Directs again until September. I don't see why it's utterly impossible for Nintendo to put together a presentation of its own stuff when we've already seen a good number of companies, including Sony, do just that.
Again, we need to stop comparing Nintendo to Sony here. Sony has globalized a hell of a lot more aggressively than Nintendo has, with SIE HQ going to California.

We shouldn't be comparing Nintendo to these highly globalized companies including Japanese ones like Capcom or Square Enix. Their conservative nature and total lack of western branch autonomy is much more comparable to mid tier Japanese developers like Falcom or Spike Chunsoft, and you don't see them dropping crazy announcements right now. That's the simple answer for why Nintendo is struggling here.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also why do fans hate Spring Man? I get that he's "boring and basic" but that's like saying every series should only have side characters from now on and NONE of the Main/Mascots of their respective series and no one thinks at all about fans who'll say "why'd they put these random side characters in and NOT the faces everybody recognizes? You cannot tell me thats good representation. After all Sakaurai did say he's pushing Ultimate more on the Casual side and for fun than on the Competitive side.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I find his design uninteresting. I haven't played much of ARMS, but most characters seem to play fairly similarly to each other (since any ARMS character can use any hand eventually), so design is my main thing to go on here.

A lot of people seem like they want to see him playable because it would mean that other assist trophies could also be promoted, but think of it this way: if Spring Man was the only assist trophy promotion, would his inclusion still be exciting? (if anyone's answer to that is yes, I'd love to hear why - the free trial of ARMS didn't really grab me, no pun intended, so I didn't look too deeply into the mechanics or what might set Spring Man apart from the other playable characters)

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
How do we know the gender neutral pronouns are a confirmation for Spring Man.
Not saying Spring Man isn't likely, but it could very well just be to keep it ambiguous since likewise just as using a male pronoun would more or less confirm Spring Man, female pronouns would be an outright deconfirm. I just think what's said about it being a giveaway is just what I described no extra hint intended, if they did intend to reveal more, why not just say Spring Man lol.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

Ohio

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I’ll have you know that Alabama, my home, is the Geno capital of the world.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet

Star hill of course with ♡♪!? and he's about to grant the wish you've been waiting for!!

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

I'm just a Brazilian Goose with a Geno Hat.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Utah, USA. That is where I am from.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I don't think they'd tack on a warning specifically telling us it's only going to be the ARMS Fighter if they were planning on more than one reveal during the presentation. I mean, how many times have they done a switcheroo like that? To my knowledge... never.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't speak for anyone else, but I find his design uninteresting. I haven't played much of ARMS, but most characters seem to play fairly similarly to each other (since any ARMS character can use any hand eventually), so design is my main thing to go on here.

A lot of people seem like they want to see him playable because it would mean that other assist trophies could also be promoted, but think of it this way: if Spring Man was the only assist trophy promotion, would his inclusion still be exciting? (if anyone's answer to that is yes, I'd love to hear why - the free trial of ARMS didn't really grab me, no pun intended, so I didn't look too deeply into the mechanics or what might set Spring Man apart from the other playable characters)
Despite what others say, and that Spring Man doesn't seem to be the most interesting character, I'd welcome Spring Man to Smash Bros. Ultimate! In fact, I would really play as him. I must admit, though, one reason why I want him in is because I want the Assist deconfirm thing to be debunked. That is not the only reason, though.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Just remember guys, we waited over 6 months from Byleth to learn who the ARMS character is going to be.

The wait for 7 (and 8) will not be nearly as long, the September Amiibo wave is proof enough of that. So chins up! We will get our chance another day, but that day is going to be a lot sooner than we think, methinks

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice

Brazil

link2702

Smash Champion
This is why I really hate this method nintendo did for reveals in ultimate. Just either tell us who the characters all are gonna be up front and we just speculate on how their moves would be like, or at least add silhouettes of them on the page and maybe make them slowly become less blurry each month before finally revealing them.

This wait is pretty much agony for everyone now. Even folks who don't really care for a particular character anymore, The long wait to find out whoever the newcomers are, is just annoying and tiring at this point.

cheeseseatbelt

Smash Cadet

Michigan.

Random question, but how much does this thread get viewed compared to the other threads on this site? Every time I come on here, there's at least 30 other people reading. (Also keep in mind that this is just about the only thread I go on lol)

link2702

Smash Champion
so since It's on monday, and I'll be at work....

I'm not gonna watch anything about it. I don't want potential surprises(even though we know Nintendo said no other fighter reveals, they might just troll us, unlikely as it is, we're talking about sakurai here, We have no clue wtf he could do) While i'm at work. Geno Mii could put me in a ****ty mood while at work, Geno reveal could put me in a very excited emotional meltdown, cacodemon could make me a nervous wreck, springman or ribbongirl both could also do the same. None of these would be good for me while i'm at work. I'll probably be even just leaving my phone at home and only have my portable radios with me(...and maybe my tablet that I use strictly for books...but not going online with it at all.) I know it'll be impossible, but I'm gonna try to go into the presentation blind when I get home.

Last edited:

Zav22

Smash Cadet

A lot of people seem like they want to see him playable because it would mean that other assist trophies could also be promoted, but think of it this way: if he was the only assist trophy promotion, would he still be exciting? (if anyone's answer to that is yes, I'd love to hear why - the free trial of ARMS didn't really grab me, no pun intended, so I didn't look too deeply into the mechanics or what might set Spring Man apart from the other playable characters)
But the same thing was said about Byleth when he/she was revealed as fighter 5 nobody wanted him/her if they were the rep for fire emblem three houses, and its not just because of them being ANOTHER fire emblem character but also because of their design, and fans wanted characters like Edelguard but Byleth was who we got and fans liked playing the crap out of him/her (mainly because of down b) but still the impression of the character changed after they were actually played so why can't this apply here? Not to mention if they did any stand alone ARMS character that's not Spring Man then that would literally open the gates towards adding any side character from any series without it's Mains or Mascot characters (Which so far in smash history has never happened). That,d be like adding Rabbids as fighters before Rayman (even though their already costumes). I just have a very hard time seeing any other option besides multiple characters because it's a win win for both.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Michigan.

Random question, but how much does this thread get viewed compared to the other threads on this site? Every time I come on here, there's at least 30 other people reading. (Also keep in mind that this is just about the only thread I go on lol)
Tends to be a good amount of guest viewers. Geno is arguably the last of the long tie requisites fighter, part of the “old” Smash trinity that has partly been fulfilled by K Rool and Ridley. Just need Geno to complete it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Detroit area of Michigan.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

I'm from the Void. Quite spacious, but also very lonely.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
These next three days are going to feel the longest
This isn't the first time it happens in Smash speculation.

Waaaaay back in the much more peaceful year of 2014 (at least in comparison) on the day that Isabelle was confirmed as an Assist Trophy, a Smash April Direct was announced, and we had to wait until next week Tuesday for it to happen, but the wait was honestly fun.

Hell the same tactic was done with Robin in Smash 4 too. Im just happy i know we are gonna get an answer.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

New York, specifically New York State lol. NOT New York City.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Monday's gonna be bloated as **** for me.

- The ARMS Fighter (at 8 AM, and I am not an early bird).
- The reveal for Crash Bandicoot 4.
- Smite mid-season content reveal with new skins, map and balance changes, the Ares remodel and possibly a look at the Ratatoskr rework.
- What ever indies they reveal with the rest of the Summer Game Fest (really hoping for Sector X).
- I need to make sure the Marshal amiibo I ordered doesn't get stolen by my town's current mail thief.
- College work.

KILL ME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom