• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Idk I’m personally not big into the modding scene, so I can’t say what can and can’t be done on that end.
If you don't understand Smash modding, don't talk about it. That's all that matters, "video editing" is a non-factor.

I agree with Lyncario Lyncario 's statement, if Cacomallow really is a mod then they must have been working on it for a long time for it to work. But by now, I would've expected them to come out and say "Here's how we did it, and how YOU can do it too!"

It is cleaner than potato quality, but it's still not as good as pressing that capture button on your controller and sharing your screenshot to social media.
If the Cacomallow leakers were dumb enough to use the building's wi-fi to upload a replay to Twitter, they would've been caught by the building's traffic monitors and blacklisted by now.
Using a phone to record footage is objectively the smartest method for leaking. You can't get caught if they were to check the system for any previous snapshots or saved replays, all data is on your person and safe.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Nintendo pushing ARMS is obviously because of Smash but Nintendo pushing Splatoon 2 is kind of weird in comparison. I doubt it's Smash related but there is a little voice in my head that makes me go "oh no..." because, like I shared on Discord back in March, one of my guys' "research" back in January suggested two first party characters and Crash coming eventually. Again, I doubt it's Smash related although Nintendo literally pulling the trigger on something like a semi-clone Octoling would probably be one of the few Smash reveals that would manage to outsalt Incineroar/Byleth.

On the topic of Splatoon 3, it wouldn't be too weird because the gap between Splatoon and Splatoon 2: Callie is Missing was about three years too. Splatoon isn't exactly the most complicated game either so Nintendo could definitely pull the lever on a proper sequel that wasn't a quick cash grab in that amount of time. It's hard to say because Splatoon is still relatively young so a time gap expectation between games really hasn't been established yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I also didn't exclude millennials out completely because 90s kids can also be pretty terrible.
People from every age group can be pretty terrible and toxic, the Smash fandom alone is proof enough, I don’t get why age groups are even being called out.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
If Geno is coming soon, I think we should expect some Geno hints from insiders to be dropping soon.
With that in mind, I'd like to remind you all of a story back from around E3 last year.
Y'all remember Shinobi's "Smashing good time" post? Well I remember the consensus actually being somewhat mixed over whether it was true or not. How much so? Well, about a day after Shinobi, somebody on 4chan got a buncha Pokemon info correct (Which apparently, had been known a few hours beforehand) and at the very end, tacked on "Erdrick and Doom Guy at E3, No Banjo". It was the obvious case of tacking on made-up crap onto things that were actually real (though, the info they got right may have been piggybacking as well).
Why am I telling you all this?
Well, ya see, in most of the circles I was looking in, people genuinely believed the fake-ass 4chan more than Shinobi's post. I'm not making this up, the 4chan leak and Shinobi's post were both posted on the Smash subreddit and the 4chan post had more upvotes. I also remember the comments being a lot less believing on Shinobi's post than the 4chan one.
This is kinda one of the (many) things I think back to when I see the general Smash community picking and choosing what it believes all the time. Be very wary of people who constantly say "lmao Genope has no chance, all the evidence around him is fake" because chances are, they're the same kinda people that will immediately believe the next random /v/ leak that got something dubiously correct. Just keep this in mind who we're dealing with when people try to say "Oh well, most people don't believe it" because "most people" in the Smash community don't think straight.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If the Cacomallow leakers were dumb enough to use the building's wi-fi to upload a replay to Twitter, they would've been caught by the building's traffic monitors and blacklisted by now.
Using a phone to record footage is objectively the smartest method for leaking. You can't get caught if they were to check the system for any previous snapshots or saved replays, all data is on your person and safe.
And you think someone faking things wouldn't think about that?

Because the Rayman leak in Smash 4 was very similar, with the character select even being recorded by phone just to make it more believeable.

Sure, it's not gameplay footage, but back in 2015, Rayman leak was the peak of fake leaks, so to say there's a lack of gameplay footage is essentially relying on hindsight to counter this argument rather than what people actually thought at the time.

The fact that it's recorded on a phone does not guarantee it's real.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
If you don't understand Smash modding, don't talk about it. That's all that matters, "video editing" is a non-factor.

I agree with Lyncario Lyncario 's statement, if Cacomallow really is a mod then they must have been working on it for a long time for it to work. But by now, I would've expected them to come out and say "Here's how we did it, and how YOU can do it too!"

You need to calm down and get off your high horse because your behavior is childish. Im all for Geno’s inclusion but it’s posters like you that give Geno fans a bad rep.

It’s already known that mii hat mods can be done. My understanding is that it’s difficult to do only because there are restrictions with either file size and/ or polygon count. That does not mean it’s impossible, it means that you have to reduce the file size of the model for the switch/ game to register it as valid. It means that it’s tedious work to recreate it, not that it can’t be done.
the portrait is the only clear indicator in that video. The model itself is not. All that footage is blurry, and multiple forums would agree with that assessment.

That portion could definitely be done with video editing tools. Or maybe it’s just multiple modifications. Ive seen modifications to the UI for the Sans mii costume, as well as the timer being edited to look frozen post production.
The information I lack is how easy it would be to swap/ modify character portraits for mii fighters.

Youre obviously ignorant on what video editing can do in regards to a leak like this. Next time you decide to comment on someone’s post maybe use a brain cell. No one should be calling people out in a rude manner, be constructive. If you do wanna call some out like a jerk, expect the same back.

Overall there is no clear line whether it’s real or fake for that matter. Which is why it even still comes up in discussion.

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I’m actually wondering if the predominantly online appeal of Splatoon has led to Nintendo heavily promoting it. Since most activities in the real world are limited, maybe they thought it would be wise to promote some of their predominantly online experiences to keep people occupied. Just a half-baked thought...

let’s call it Strategic Opportunistic Marketing

domriver

Smash Lord
A remake/sequel would be amazing for obvious reasons. I think a big reason why a lot of us have attached ourselves to Geno for Smash is because getting into Smash is a statement is its own right while becoming playable in Smash is an absurdly high honor, especially now. Basically Smash went from "Nintendo: the Game" to "Videogames: the Game" and even as far back as Smash 64 people knew that the series was too ambitious to stick with just Nintendo forever. There's also the simple reality that, after Melee, it became immediately apparent that Smash gets the ball rolling on bigger fan requests. Obviously Fire Emblem is by far the biggest Smash success story but the sheer number of localizations, reboots, rereleases, and remakes that can be accredited to Smash is a big reason why fanbases get so caught up and so invested in Smash speculation. For example, if you don't think Nintendo's waiting for just the right moment to bring K. Rool into a major DK game now, you're extremely naive.

Smash is a gateway to bigger and better things and why developers are beside themselves with utter joy just to get spirits and costumes in Smash. Geno fans saw Snake and Pit in the first Brawl trailer and it instantly lit a fire because Pit was a super obscure character before his Melee cameo and Snake getting in before much more "obvious" Nintendo third party icons like Megaman and Bomberman established that Nintendo wasn't always going to go with the most "obvious" choices. For Geno, Smash hasn't been the ultimate prize but rather bringing Geno (and Mallow) back in a meaningful way so if Nintendo just flat out did a true SMRPG sequel it's still a win.
It's weird that both Splatoon 2 and ARMS got significant boosts in promotions as of late.
You both are correct in my opinion. BECAUSE of SMASH you have these old characters that people are begging to be reignited. Also any basic business person would have to see that Smash Ultimate IS a ship of promoting games . Just look at Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, the demand for F-ZERO/ EarthBound/ Super Mario RPG. Sakurai created a GOLD MINE with new tunnels full of gold being discovered with this game. King K Rool was put in after a huge demand also Ridley - I think Fatman is right on the next major DK Game your main villian is going to be King K Rool.

On a different thought did anyone think about Bomberman being a playable character regardless of this Assist Trophy. I was a tad bit upset that he was not a full fledged character. Maybe in this pass he can be I don't know.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
People from every age group can be pretty terrible and toxic, the Smash fandom alone is proof enough, I don’t get why age groups are even being called out.
Yep. It has nothing to do with age groups. Some people are awful now, were awful around 4, were awful around Brawl, etc.

Smash in general just seems to attract some people who act like condescending know-it-alls who have a tone in their posts where you feel that they would end every one of their posts to others with '....,you idiot.' The ones who aren't those who expect/guarantee a character but do it in a more friendly/playful/upbeat manner, but instead are usually character detractors that act as if they literally have notes from Sakurai about what's being added so they are more dismissive of people's hopefuls. The ones who don't want a character added because they want that character fanbase to lose. The ones who come up with reasons why character X shouldn't added but claim character Y is a shoe-in despite the same exact issues as X. The ones who finger wag shame a character fanbase for not being open to 'other opinions' while always steering their own home thread conversation to stay on their desired opinions.

It's seen on Smashboards, on SmashFAQs, on IGN, etc and will continue in future games.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello everyone! With June almost here, and the inevitable release of the ARMS rep at the time, I am here to make my final predictions before the next reveals. My opinion changes all the time, but this time I am going to be sticking to my predictions this time. Without further ado, here are my predictions:

Challenger Pack 6: ARMS Conglomerate - I am still of the belief that this ARMS rep will be a conglomerate character of at least four characters in one. The way they announced kinda gives me that feeling of, "Guess who the ARMS rep is", and then in June, Sakurai surprises us with four characters as alts of each other. I am aware that each character in ARMS have their own unique abilities, but most gameplay specific abilities from ARMS are core gimmicks of Smash, which has me believe this ARMS Conglomerate character is the best way to go. If I had to choose four I think will be apart of this character, my bet is Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Min. Not just because they are the most popular and iconic, but they just fit so well as alts of each other.

Challenger Pack 7: Geno - As most of you already know, I am a very firm believer that Geno will finally get included in Volume 2 of the Fighters Pass, and I actually think he will be the next character. I'm not gonna reiterate all of the evidence supporting him since their is so much and most of you probably already know of the evidence in Geno's favor. For the minority of you though, I highly suggest checking out The ListTM , which is a list of all the evidence and hints that could point to Geno's inclusion: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2467#post-23849375.

Challenger Pack 8: Lloyd Irving - Their are two major reasons why I think Lloyd will get included. First of all, Lloyd, or any Namco outfit for that matter from Sm4sh has strangely not returned yet, and with Bandai Namco literally developing this game, you'd think its strange that it has not come back yet. The other reason is because with Namco developing this game, they only have ONE character from their company with PAC-MAN. I find it so odd how they are literally working on this game, yet only have one character to represent their company. It seems like the stars are aligning for another Namco rep to happen and I will be shocked if one doesn't happen. Heihachi could be a possibility too, but I have to give Lloyd the edge since I feel like the ARMS rep kinda fits the bill for what a Tekken rep would have been, and besides. Nintendo loves RPG characters with swords, so I'm pretty confident in Lloyd's chances.

Challenger Pack 9: Rayman - I really do expect another Western character at this point, and most of the time when I hear what Western characters have the best shot, Doom Slayer or Crash always seem to be the frontrunners for many people, and while I would love both of them included, especially Crash since he is another one of my most wanteds, I really do think Rayman is the most likely Western rep, especially with all of the evidence that have been popping up recently. I really feel like Nintendo owes Ubisoft a character at this point seeing just how much they have worked together, by making a Mario + Rabbids crossover game and Star Fox in Star Link. The fact that Ubisoft doesn't have a character at this point is just crazy to me. Ubisoft Mii Outfits also came with Byleth. Some people have used that against Rayman, although I see that as something in his favor since that shows Nintendo And Ubisoft are still having talks about Smash. Another thing is the weird message thing on the Ubisoft Club App. When asked about Smash, the message bot says things like "Rabbid and Altair were recently added as Mii Outfits. Also, here is hoping for Rayman". Lately however, this message was changed, removing any reference or suggestion of having a character playable. This is pretty suspicious. ANOTHER thing that has happened is that Rayman's trademark got renewed recently. This COULD be for a new Rayman game, yes, but I think this trademark was renewed quite some time ago and you would think a game would have been revealed by now, meaning that this could be something completely different, but we must wait and see. Either way, I think Rayman is the most likely Western rep and it seems like more and more stuff keeps adding up.

Challenger Pack 10: Sol Badguy - This is the character with the weakest evidence out of the other characters, but I do think he has a decent shot. Like with Ubisoft, Arc System Works recently got new content in Smash with Spirits. Again, this shows Nintendo And Arc are still discussing about Smash. Sol is also easily Arc's most iconic character, so it also makes sense that Sol would be the Arc rep chosen for Smash. I think Sol could be the Joker And Terry of this Pass, who is a character no one is really talking about, nor has much evidence supporting the inclusion, but he could secretly very well have a decent shot.

Challenger Pack 11: Rex & Pyra - With an ARMS rep on the horizon, I honestly think its very likely, and low-key inevitable, that Rex & Pyra will finally join the roster. Back in the base roster days of Ultimate, a character from ARMS as well as Rex from Xenoblade were turned down, since they were from new games at the time. Now that we're in DLC and now that an ARMS rep is coming, I really do think that along with that, Rex & Pyra are also planned to get included. Sakurai has also talked about Xenoblade 2 in the past, and he has said he loves the game. This is an example of a character that I think is not a matter of if, but a matter of time until they are included. I do expect them to be one of the last remaining fighters in this Pass.

Those are my predictions. This was a very hard list to put together, as their are tons of characters that I think have a decent shot at getting included, but these are my safe bets and the ones I find most likely to get included at this point. What do you all think?

Powerman293

Smash Ace

Uhhhhh... Video editing is a factor. People really are dedicated to doing this stuff, so a custom UI made in After Effects wouldn't surprise me

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! With June almost here, and the inevitable release of the ARMS rep at the time, I am here to make my final predictions before the next reveals. My opinion changes all the time, but this time I am going to be sticking to my predictions this time. Without further ado, here are my predictions:

Challenger Pack 6: ARMS Conglomerate - I am still of the belief that this ARMS rep will be a conglomerate character of at least four characters in one. The way they announced kinda gives me that feeling of, "Guess who the ARMS rep is", and then in June, Sakurai surprises us with four characters as alts of each other. I am aware that each character in ARMS have their own unique abilities, but most gameplay specific abilities from ARMS are core gimmicks of Smash, which has me believe this ARMS Conglomerate character is the best way to go. If I had to choose four I think will be apart of this character, my bet is Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Min. Not just because they are the most popular and iconic, but they just fit so well as alts of each other.

Challenger Pack 7: Geno - As most of you already know, I am a very firm believer that Geno will finally get included in Volume 2 of the Fighters Pass, and I actually think he will be the next character. I'm not gonna reiterate all of the evidence supporting him since their is so much and most of you probably already know of the evidence in Geno's favor. For the minority of you though, I highly suggest checking out The ListTM , which is a list of all the evidence and hints that could point to Geno's inclusion: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2467#post-23849375.

Challenger Pack 8: Lloyd Irving - Their are two major reasons why I think Lloyd will get included. First of all, Lloyd, or any Namco outfit for that matter from Sm4sh has strangely not returned yet, and with Bandai Namco literally developing this game, you'd think its strange that it has not come back yet. The other reason is because with Namco developing this game, they only have ONE character from their company with PAC-MAN. I find it so odd how they are literally working on this game, yet only have one character to represent their company. It seems like the stars are aligning for another Namco rep to happen and I will be shocked if one doesn't happen. Heihachi could be a possibility too, but I have to give Lloyd the edge since I feel like the ARMS rep kinda fits the bill for what a Tekken rep would have been, and besides. Nintendo loves RPG characters with swords, so I'm pretty confident in Lloyd's chances.

Challenger Pack 9: Rayman - I really do expect another Western character at this point, and most of the time when I hear what Western characters have the best shot, Doom Slayer or Crash always seem to be the frontrunners for many people, and while I would love both of them included, especially Crash since he is another one of my most wanteds, I really do think Rayman is the most likely Western rep, especially with all of the evidence that have been popping up recently. I really feel like Nintendo owes Ubisoft a character at this point seeing just how much they have worked together, by making a Mario + Rabbids crossover game and Star Fox in Star Link. The fact that Ubisoft doesn't have a character at this point is just crazy to me. Ubisoft Mii Outfits also came with Byleth. Some people have used that against Rayman, although I see that as something in his favor since that shows Nintendo And Ubisoft are still having talks about Smash. Another thing is the weird message thing on the Ubisoft Club App. When asked about Smash, the message bot says things like "Rabbid and Altair were recently added as Mii Outfits. Also, here is hoping for Rayman". Lately however, this message was changed, removing any reference or suggestion of having a character playable. This is pretty suspicious. ANOTHER thing that has happened is that Rayman's trademark got renewed recently. This COULD be for a new Rayman game, yes, but I think this trademark was renewed quite some time ago and you would think a game would have been revealed by now, meaning that this could be something completely different, but we must wait and see. Either way, I think Rayman is the most likely Western rep and it seems like more and more stuff keeps adding up.

Challenger Pack 10: Sol Badguy - This is the character with the weakest evidence out of the other characters, but I do think he has a decent shot. Like with Ubisoft, Arc System Works recently got new content in Smash with Spirits. Again, this shows Nintendo And Arc are still discussing about Smash. Sol is also easily Arc's most iconic character, so it also makes sense that Sol would be the Arc rep chosen for Smash. I think Sol could be the Joker And Terry of this Pass, who is a character no one is really talking about, nor has much evidence supporting the inclusion, but he could secretly very well have a decent shot.

Challenger Pack 11: Rex & Pyra - With an ARMS rep on the horizon, I honestly think its very likely, and low-key inevitable, that Rex & Pyra will finally join the roster. Back in the base roster days of Ultimate, a character from ARMS as well as Rex from Xenoblade were turned down, since they were from new games at the time. Now that we're in DLC and now that an ARMS rep is coming, I really do think that along with that, Rex & Pyra are also planned to get included. Sakurai has also talked about Xenoblade 2 in the past, and he has said he loves the game. This is an example of a character that I think is not a matter of if, but a matter of time until they are included. I do expect them to be one of the last remaining fighters in this Pass.

Those are my predictions. This was a very hard list to put together, as their are tons of characters that I think have a decent shot at getting included, but these are my safe bets and the ones I find most likely to get included at this point. What do you all think?
The only thing that's changed between my predictions from a few pages back and now is that now I believe the second first party rep is a split between a Galar Pokemon or Paper Mario

1590087720771.png

Paper Mario has been one of my top first party picks for Smash behind Porky Minch, but I feel in the state of the franchise it's a monkey's paw scenario where I'd get my wish but his moveset would ONLY revolve around Sticker/Color/Origami and have no reference to the classic series

D

Deleted member

The only thing that's changed between my predictions from a few pages back and now is that now I believe the second first party rep is a split between a Galar Pokemon or Paper Mario

View attachment 272340

Paper Mario has been one of my top first party picks for Smash behind Porky Minch, but I feel in the state of the franchise it's a monkey's paw scenario where I'd get my wish but his moveset would ONLY revolve around Sticker/Color/Origami and have no reference to the classic series
I’ll take ARMS, Geno, Crash, Nightmare, and Chief please.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I apologize if it came across that way. I was actually legitimately praising your ability to summarize the issue in one cohesive paragraph (something I am terrible at because I ramble). I'm really sorry if it seemed disingenuous, because it was really truly meant to be a compliment despite me being prone to sarcasm and proceeding to talk about the subject anyway after agreeing it didn't need to be discussed further lol.

Edit: also I do try to put things like lol or Pacman to let people know if I'm being facetious or overly sarcastic. A lot of the confusion likely stems from the fact that only my first sentence was actually directed towards you and the rest was just my general thoughts.
Yeah, that probably has something to do with it. Thanks for clearing it up, no real harm done.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Here's some food for thought. Lots of people think we are bound to get a Namco character since we only have Pacman and they did help develop the game.
However, what if we actually don't get one? After all, Pacman seems to be a character that represents Namco as a whole and not just Pacman himself when looking at his taunts and music. I can see Namco bringing back Mii Costumes alongside an unrelated fighter.

Edit: Not saying I don't think we will get one. I'm just bringing up the possibility. If I had to pick, I would go with Nightmare.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
If Geno is coming soon, I think we should expect some Geno hints from insiders to be dropping soon.
With that in mind, I'd like to remind you all of a story back from around E3 last year.
Y'all remember Shinobi's "Smashing good time" post? Well I remember the consensus actually being somewhat mixed over whether it was true or not. How much so? Well, about a day after Shinobi, somebody on 4chan got a buncha Pokemon info correct (Which apparently, had been known a few hours beforehand) and at the very end, tacked on "Erdrick and Doom Guy at E3, No Banjo". It was the obvious case of tacking on made-up crap onto things that were actually real (though, the info they got right may have been piggybacking as well).
Why am I telling you all this?
Well, ya see, in most of the circles I was looking in, people genuinely believed the fake-ass 4chan more than Shinobi's post. I'm not making this up, the 4chan leak and Shinobi's post were both posted on the Smash subreddit and the 4chan post had more upvotes. I also remember the comments being a lot less believing on Shinobi's post than the 4chan one.
This is kinda one of the (many) things I think back to when I see the general Smash community picking and choosing what it believes all the time. Be very wary of people who constantly say "lmao Genope has no chance, all the evidence around him is fake" because chances are, they're the same kinda people that will immediately believe the next random /v/ leak that got something dubiously correct. Just keep this in mind who we're dealing with when people try to say "Oh well, most people don't believe it" because "most people" in the Smash community don't think straight.
I feel that if something like this happens it will be: Vergeben, Zippo, the guy with nintendo contacts, valve and bethesda (I forgot his name), the shinobi himself (it is worth mentioning that since that happened I was very sure that banjo was going to enter) or the mouth of jonh cartwright

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I dunno. Nintendo pushing ARMS is obviously because of Smash but Nintendo pushing Splatoon 2 is kind of weird in comparison. I doubt it's Smash related but there is a little voice in my head that makes me go "oh no..." because, like I shared on Discord back in March, one of my guys' "research" back in January suggested two first party characters and Crash coming eventually. Again, I doubt it's Smash related although Nintendo literally pulling the trigger on something like a semi-clone Octoling would probably be one of the few Smash reveals that would manage to outsalt Incineroar/Byleth.

On the topic of Splatoon 3, it wouldn't be too weird because the gap between Splatoon and Splatoon 2: Callie is Missing was about three years too. Splatoon isn't exactly the most complicated game either so Nintendo could definitely pull the lever on a proper sequel that wasn't a quick cash grab in that amount of time. It's hard to say because Splatoon is still relatively young so a time gap expectation between games really hasn't been established yet.

Not gonna Lie I feel like Fighter number 7 will be a Splatoon rep there's just no way. they wouldn't put splatoon 2 as a SMASH BROS TOURNAMENT PRIZE. If this correct there are some silver linings that i'm gonna point out now

1. They would most likely use Octolings or the squid sisters which are spirits in the base game meaning it would strengthen spirit upgrades.

2. I was actually re-watching the GameXplain smash rules and its funny how On the nose John has been and how he called a first party rep as the final DLC in FP1 and so far if the splatoon rep IS the fighter number 7 then that would mean he knows something

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not gonna Lie I feel like Fighter number 7 will be a Splatoon rep there's just no way. they wouldn't put splatoon 2 as a SMASH BROS TOURNAMENT PRIZE. If this correct there are some silver linings that i'm gonna point out now

1. They would most likely use Octolings or the squid sisters which are spirits in the base game meaning it would strengthen spirit upgrades.

2. I was actually re-watching the GameXplain smash rules and its funny how On the nose John has been and how he called a first party rep as the final DLC in FP1 and so far if the splatoon rep IS the fighter number 7 then that would mean he knows something
Off the Hook could be it for a Splatoon Spirit upgrade too. still backing Octoling (Octo Expansion) the most as a sort of Lucas style semi clone

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not sure about the Octolings as number 7, they could happen later on in the fighter pass or Splatoon 2 is just being promoted one more time before a potential Splatoon 3 announcement

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not sure about the Octolings as number 7, they could happen later on or the game is just being promoted one more time before a potential Splatoon 3 announcement
what if #8 though? Octo Expansion pushes the 8 motif a LOT

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about the Octolings as number 7, they could happen later on in the fighter pass or Splatoon 2 is just being promoted one more time before a potential Splatoon 3 announcement
Octolings I think would feel generally insulting this late in the game since they easily could have been echoes or alts in the base game

MattX20

Smash Hero
Octolings I think would feel generally insulting this late in the game since they easily could have been echoes or alts in the base game
Yep, and while not FE levels of hate would be directed at them, people would be annoyed. I'd rather Nintendo give other series under their umbrella like Rhythm Heaven a rep more.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yep, and while not FE levels of hate would be directed at them, people would be annoyed. I'd rather Nintendo give other series under their umbrella like Rhythm Heaven a rep more.
idk no offense to octo fans but if a character most view as a semi-clone at best is going to get top billing(and pricing) they could absolutely give byleth and plant a run for their money. Considering how the general public responded just to the idea of an arms guy as paid dlc there really is no telling where things could go.

D

Deleted member

If they went for two, wholly Nintendo owned first party characters as the openers for the second Fighters Pass, I think consumer confidence would be low in the remainder of the pass. Not saying it's not a possibility, but we're getting pretty steep vibes that fighter 7 at the bare minimum was planned to be shown at E3. Not some random Nintendo direct, Electronics Entertainment Expo. I think people like to look to Octoling as some kind of potential second Splatoon rep, but aside from using different weapons and ending up like an Isabelle, I don't see it happening, especially not as paid DLC.

Like I said earlier, Splatoon 2 is, for better or for worse, one of the games Nintendo considers to be its flagship in the field of esports. If you don't remember, one of the first trailers/advertisements for the Switch was Splatoon being played in a ****ing MOBA style esports stadium, one of the most laughably bold statements I've ever seen. It appeared 3 years in a row as a competitive headliner for Nintendo at E3 in 2017, again alongside Ultimate's demo in 2018 and alongside the real Ultimate in 2019. And just for the record, they said they were done with major content updates for Splatoon 2, but they didn't claim they were going to stop supporting it. They really want to develop a competitive scene for Splatoon 2 as the "draw" for the game, like you can pick it up and go pro at any time and end up on the big stage at E3, it's honestly a lot of kids' dream, and it's the kind of appeal that can make a game last for a decade, I mean, look at Counter Strike or Melee. Adoption on Splatoon 2 is approximately 18% of Switch owners, and while that's significantly better than ARMS' 3%, it doesn't stack up to Ultimate's nearly 34% adoption. It's not the kind of failure that needs a Smash character to maybe revive some interest, but it's the kind of sub-optimal performance that could use a few publicity stunts.

And if you want to talk about Jon Gamexplain, this came up over in the Star Road discord today:

And all I have to say is that each party member in Mario RPG has a suit of cards associated with them (Spades/Mario, Clubs/Mallow, Hearts/Peach, Diamonds/Bowser). Maybe it means nothing, but there's an outlier in the joke here, a certain character who uses a symbol that doesn't show up in an average deck of cards.

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
If they went for two, wholly Nintendo owned first party characters as the openers for the second Fighters Pass, I think consumer confidence would be low in the remainder of the pass. Not saying it's not a possibility, but we're getting pretty steep vibes that fighter 7 at the bare minimum was planned to be shown at E3. Not some random Nintendo direct, Electronics Entertainment Expo. I think people like to look to Octoling as some kind of potential second Splatoon rep, but aside from using different weapons and ending up like an Isabelle, I don't see it happening, especially not as paid DLC.

Like I said earlier, Splatoon 2 is, for better or for worse, one of the games Nintendo considers to be its flagship in the field of esports. If you don't remember, one of the first trailers/advertisements for the Switch was Splatoon being played in a ****ing MOBA style esports stadium, one of the most laughably bold statements I've ever seen. It appeared 3 years in a row as a competitive headliner for Nintendo at E3 in 2017, again alongside Ultimate's demo in 2018 and alongside the real Ultimate in 2019. And just for the record, they said they were done with major content updates for Splatoon 2, but they didn't claim they were going to stop supporting it. They really want to develop a competitive scene for Splatoon 2 as the "draw" for the game, like you can pick it up and go pro at any time and end up on the big stage at E3, it's honestly a lot of kids' dream, and it's the kind of appeal that can make a game last for a decade, I mean, look at Counter Strike or Melee. Adoption on Splatoon 2 is approximately 18% of Switch owners, and while that's significantly better than ARMS' 3%, it doesn't stack up to Ultimate's nearly 34% adoption. It's not the kind of failure that needs a Smash character to maybe revive some interest, but it's the kind of sub-optimal performance that could use a few publicity stunts.

And if you want to talk about Jon Gamexplain, this came up over in the Star Road discord today:

And all I have to say is that each party member in Mario RPG has a suit of cards associated with them (Spades/Mario, Clubs/Mallow, Hearts/Peach, Diamonds/Bowser). Maybe it means nothing, but there's an outlier in the joke here, a certain character who uses a symbol that doesn't show up in an average deck of cards.

I never really paid attention to mario with the symbols until now lol. But then again it's...clubs...Mallow confirmed. He's in.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

interesting that the cursor is on the STAR card...

MattX20

Smash Hero

Oh lord, if this is a hint...

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
What’s our opinion of Jon?

clearly he has insider info, does anyone think he actually knows who Fighter 7 is? I vaguely recall that he has name dropped Geno in a few YouTube videos but could be wrong??

D

Deleted member

Ehhhhh, I dunno

It kind of seems like a stretch and I don't think Jon GameXplain would make that connection
In my defense it's an incredibly easy connection to make, since unless you go the entire game without casting spells using special moves, you're gonna notice the odd choice to associate each character with a card suit. Especially Mario, Peach, and Mallow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone think the ARMS or Geno will have a curve ball of some kind? I've noticed that the first trailers of "seasons" and E3 trailers often try to do this.

-Brawl's trailer started with the Melee models and ended with Snake.

-Smash 4's first trailer pretended to be Animal Crossing and ended with Megaman.

-Wii Fit was posed as a new Wii Fit game.

-Mii Fighters revealed the three types and Amiibo.

-Pac-Man was shadowdropped in an after hours presentation.

-Mewtwo and Smash 4 DLC was just flat out announced without warning.

-Ultimate pretended to be a Splatoon trailer.

-Ultimate's E3 trailer started with Smash 4 models.

-Plant was... Plant.

-Joker posed itself as a Persona 5 trailer.

-Hero came with the four ALTs.

-Banjo started the same way as K. Rool's trailer.

I feel like they're going to pull some sort of cheeky bull**** with ARMS more so than Geno because Nintendo spoiled the franchise 2 1/2 months out and the fanfare was mixed at best.

-My prediction is that if we're getting a bonus character in the first half of Season 2, they'll incorporate it into the ARMS trailer. They've already spoiled the franchise so I feel like they're going to subvert expectations in a major way somehow.

-Despite several dozen coincidences that we've documented the last couple of years, I feel like Geno would be enough of a shock to most people to where if Geno came with a "surprise" it would be much smaller in scale. My guess is that they'll either show off the SMRPG costumes or they'll reveal Mallow is somehow incorporated into Geno's moveset.

D

Deleted member

Anyone think the ARMS or Geno will have a curve ball of some kind? I've noticed that the first trailers of "seasons" and E3 trailers often try to do this.

-Brawl's trailer started with the Melee models and ended with Snake.

-Smash 4's first trailer pretended to be Animal Crossing and ended with Megaman.

-Wii Fit was posed as a new Wii Fit game.

-Mii Fighters revealed the three types and Amiibo.

-Pac-Man was shadowdropped in an after hours presentation.

-Mewtwo and Smash 4 DLC was just flat out announced without warning.

-Ultimate pretended to be a Splatoon trailer.

-Ultimate's E3 trailer started with Smash 4 models.

-Plant was... Plant.

-Joker posed itself as a Persona 5 trailer.

-Hero came with the four ALTs.

-Banjo started the same way as K. Rool's trailer.

I feel like they're going to pull some sort of cheeky bull**** with ARMS more so than Geno because Nintendo spoiled the franchise 2 1/2 months out and the fanfare was mixed at best.

-My prediction is that if we're getting a bonus character in the first half of Season 2, they'll incorporate it into the ARMS trailer. They've already spoiled the franchise so I feel like they're going to subvert expectations in a major way somehow.

-Despite several dozen coincidences that we've documented the last couple of years, I feel like Geno would be enough of a shock to most people to where if Geno came with a "surprise" it would be much smaller in scale. My guess is that they'll either show off the SMRPG costumes or they'll reveal Mallow is somehow incorporated into Geno's moveset.
I was just saying the other day that I hope the ARMS trailer looks like it's dead to rights Max Brass only for Spring Man to beat his ass, take his belt, and his Smash invite. Do it for Spring Gym, son.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

im sorry but if you think this is a hint to geno, it seems like a reach

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

I wonder; was this picture taken in Grate Guy's Casino?:denzel: Time to go ALL IN!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Hahaha the card thing is funny since Jon can be cheeky. It would be HILARIOUS if that was a hint that people will come back to if Geno is confirmed.

Obviously, more than likely it has nothing to do with it and we are grasping at straws ... just waiting for Smash news to come.

One of the very, very few times the professor actual typed the text "geno" in the Geno thread, I'm so proud!

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Alright, post is ready.
The very same leaker who had that information also said Crash would be the last character of the first Fighters Pass.

I'd say this leak should be taken with a grain of salt until Crash gets revealed as a Fighter Pass 2 character, because it's possible whoever got that leak got the timing wrong, which wouldn't be the first time for Ultimate's DLC run.
Actually, he got that from someone other than his usual source who gave him the Mii Costume List, Terry's Spirit Board List, and the Fire Emblem stuff. Also, nobody was able to guess at Byleth getting in anyhow.

It could also just be for a Mii costume that comes bundled with two songs.
Since we've only ever gotten one song with the two "Deluxe" costumes we've gotten, I find it very unlikely they'd do something like that for any Mii Costume, Geno or not. I mean if that were the case, you'd think they would've been able to have gotten more than one song out of Toby "Playing Smash with it's creator and whoopin' his ass" Fox. You think that guy's stingy? Dude literally walked up to Masahiro Smash Bros. and asked for his skeleton son and meme song in Smash.

Or just Nintendo being dumb because them taking out songs from games published by them for no apparent reason is far from new.
Fair enough, but I think it's a bit more complicated than that: SquareEnix is the company who legally owns all of the original characters from SMRPG. While there hasn't been anything definitive about who owns the music, when the composer for SMRPG, Yoko Shimomura, made a Best Of album of her work, she included music from SMRPG. On this album, Nintendo isn't mentioned anywhere in the copyright, but SquareEnix is. What this seems to suggest is that SquareEnix, or even solely Shimomura herself, owns copyright of these music tracks and not Nintendo. Ergo, Nintendo copyright striking those two music tracks rather than SquareEnix seems suspect, especially considering they've done this with Undertale and Banjo-Kazooie music tracks that they don't own.

There's also the convenient detail that only two tracks taken down, and so far every SquareEnix owned character has come with two tracks each, with each Dragon Quest protagonist that makes up Hero counting as a separate character.

Granted, could also be for a playable Geno, but it's not the only possibility.
Since you no doubt bring this up several times for each of his points, and because I don't wish to repeat myself too much, I'll only say this once here: Yes, we're all well aware of the possibility that this could all mean nothing. All potential evidence used in the context of something like this can end up either being real or fake. Hindsight is 20-20 and we won't know if this is real or fake until the time comes, so unless you (or anyone else for that matter) have something more concrete that can more solidly disprove something, trying to argue it's legitimacy by going "Well it could be fake, though!" is entirely fruitless, especially considering it can be easily countered by stating the opposite, yet equally fruitless sentiment.

I'm not even going to read that part because take a moment to think about this.

You think that Nintendo taking down SPRPG songs is a hint, right?

Wouldn't this video, following the same train of logic, also be taken down? Either by Nintendo, Bethesda or even the very stingy Square?

And yet, it's not. That video's been around for half a year, has gotten a lot of traction in that time and has yet to be taken down by any of the not one but THREE companies involved. And somehow, that is also a hint despite contradicting with your logic of the songs that were taken down for copyrights?

I'm just curious on what was your train of thought on that one because the fact that it's been watchable for so long makes it very hard to think it's real.
While I can't speak for Tony here, I usually chalk it up to the relatively minor severity of the post. I think we can both agree that there's a world of difference between a screenshot and two ~7 second videos of minor cosmetics and, oh I dunno... some random **** streaming Pokemon Sword around two weeks prior to it's official release. One can easily be ignored and dismissed as a mod (which people have been able to imperfectly recreate), whereas one is so obviously real that nobody but the most gunshot-in-head-having cadavres would consider it japes.

Furthermore, could you imagine what would happen if this were real and Nintendo struck it down? That would basically be confirming to the entire fanbase that it's real. Streisand Effect, my guy.

If he's one of those who come with a song, we have yet to see one of those come with a character they fit with.
We've also yet to see one that isn't an indie character, by the way.

And that matters a lot because Cuphead was funded by Microsoft, yet his costume did not come along with the Microsoft character.
It really doesn't, since almost every other third party company aside from SquareEnix (and SNK, though they're new alongside) have been shown to be fine with having their costumes shown alongside other things:
  • SEGA have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: Akira & Jacky with Terry)
  • Capcom have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: All the Capcom costumes for Ultimate thus far)
  • Konami have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: Goemon alongside Banjo & Kazooie)
  • Bandai-Namco have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: Their contributions for Smash 4)
  • Ubisoft have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: Rabbids and Altair (from the Altair series) with Banjo & Kazooie)
  • Microsoft have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: Cuphead with Byleth)
  • SNK have had their costumes debuted alongside other companies. (Example: All of their costumes alongside the SEGA costumes)
So far, for both Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, no SquareEnix costumes have come alongside other companies' costumes. Hell, save for Smash Ultimate's base game, none of their content has been released (and sometimes revealed) alongside other companies:
  • Cloud was revealed for Smash 4 at the end of a Nintendo Direct, and was the only Smash news in that Direct.
  • Smash 4's Wave 5, the wave of costumes that contained both the Chocobo Hat and the Geno Costume, was not only the wave with the fewest costumes at 2, it was the only wave to have costumes entirely from one single company.
  • Similarly to the above, Hero's Mii Costume wave not only currently has the fewest costumes of all the waves at 4, but is also the only one with costumes entirely from one single franchise.
Of course, while this doesn't mean SquareEnix costumes can't come alongside other companies' costumes, I can't help but find it a bit suspect that, in all instances, SquareEnix seems to consistently be the only third party company to ever be given it's own isolated stage when it comes to reveals.

Of course, the opposite also happened, notably with K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo and others, so... I'd say it's a 50/50.
I'd even go further with this: Peach, Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo used to be very highly requested by fans before they made it into Melee. Same with Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede and Sonic for Brawl, same with Mega Man, Palutena and Pac-Man for Smash 4. We've had almost all of these characters in Smash for so long that people have forgotten just how much we wanted them back in the day. We're so spoiled by their collective presence that only the likes of Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo are considered fan requests due to how long it took to get them.

That's just ridiculous and I'm baffled as to why people think we're going to get multiple characters as alts.
Again, can't speak for Blue Incineroar, but I think the main reason everyone thinks we're possibly getting a multiple-characters-in-one deal with the ARMS Fighter is simply because, for the first time in the series' 20+ year history, they've revealed only the franchise from which this new fighter comes from rather than who the fighter was. I don't think I can really express to you just how unprecedented this is for Smash. We've never had a character's series get revealed first in place of the fighter, it's almost always been that they reveal [X Character] who hails from [Y Franchise]. They've either revealed the character outright or, if the character isn't ready yet, they've said nothing.

Because they decided to do something like this, people have begun considering that there must be something more to this. If the character was only Spring Man or Ribbon Girl or Min-Min or Twintelle, then you'd think they would've just told us who it was as opposed to playing this whole guessing game with us, right? I think it'd be pretty disappointing if they teased who it could be out of the entire roster for ARMS, all for it to only end up being plain old Spring Man on his own.

And for those who are about to say "bUt HeRo GoT iT", I'll just ask you one thing.

How would it feel to have Rock as a Terry alt? Or for Ryu to have had Ken, Akuma and Dan as alts back in Smash 4?

Would you say the alts are properly represented or would you think these characters were added without caring about how well the moveset would suit them? That the moveset they have is not the moveset they deserve to have?
As you described, I don't think it would work. I feel it would be incredibly inaccurate to the characters themselves. Ryu, Ken and Dan don't do Akura's Raging Demon in the games, unless I'm missing something and something like Evil Ryu does that. Speaking of, Akuma's Raging Demon is easily one of his most iconic moves, so not allowing him to use it in Smash would be like not having Mario shoot fireballs or Link use his bow. Having Dan's special moves be exactly the same as Ryu, Ken and Akuma would completely ruin the point of that character. So yeah, I agree that it wouldn't fit any of the characters to have them rolled into one.

That being said, the scenario you provided with the Shotos (Not gonna mention Rock and Terry since I'm not much of an SNK guy) and the scenario people have suggested with the ARMS fighters is not comparable whatsoever. Ribbon Girl's extra jumps and fast fall being on someone like Spring Man is not comparable to Dan being able to use Akuma's Raging Demon, or Akuma not being able to use Raging Demon. Min-Min's mid-air kicks being done by someone like Ninjara is not comparable to Akuma doing Dan's Roll Taunt. The fact that people unironically argue that they're in any way similar is crazy to me.

Hero works because DQ protags are complete blank slates.
No, Hero works because, as you explain below, all four Heroes have access to the same base moves of the Frizz line, the Zap line, the Woosh line, Gigaslash, and can utilize Command Selection which contains moves that either they or their allies can use in their games. They also all use a sword and shield to fight, and all games contain Slimes which appear in one of their taunts. Functionally, they have enough overlap between the four of them that they wouldn't look out of place sharing a moveset. Akuma not being able to use his signature special move, the one move that is intrinsically tied to the character, would be incredibly conspicuous in it's absense.

And while there are certainly creative liberties with the spell list (doesn't help each Hero has a different spell list... or none at all for Erdrick, iirc), none of the spells are things you cannot do in DQ games because if the main hero doesn't have that spell, there's a party member who can.
Nothing to add here except that Erdrick does actually use magic in DQIII.
"The Hero (Erdrick) is capable of learning a balanced mix of magic from both the Priest and Mage's pools, as well as some that are unique to them, such as Kaclang and Zap."

So Hero's moveset is more about representing Dragon Quest as a whole and spice up the RNG with things like Thwack to make the character more unique. On the other hand, no two ARMS character play identically, have similar personalities or even similar body types (aside from Spring Man and Springtron for that third one), although the last one is something that can admiteddly be played around with without being too weird.
Compared to eachother sure, they're all unique, but bring them to Smash and suddenly a lot of those differences seem incredibly trivial. Ribbon Girl's gimmicks of being able to jump multiple times in the air and fast fall are all unique attributed within the vaccum of ARMS, but not so much in Smash, where every character can jump at least once in mid-air at base and fast falling is universal. Min-Min's mid-air kicks are potentially game-changing in ARMS, but is considerably less special in Smash when every character ever can attack, kicks included, in the air. Ninjara's spoke puff dodges are an irreplicable tool with reagrds to ARMS, but is significantly less scarce in a game where direction air dodges are plentiful, with some like Mewtwo capable of replicating that very feat effortlessly.

When it comes to Smash, their gimmicks in ARMS are relatively small time compared to someone who is two characters in one, or someone who fires lazers and lights themselves on fire, or someone whose central gimmick is copying the special moves of others. All they have left at that point to make them stand out in a cast like that is their core gameplay, their ability to stretch their arms out very far and punch at a distance. That's not to say that those smaller gimmicks aren't worth including, far from it actually. I think it would be a great idea to merge all or most of these abilities into a single moveset. But to act like they're anywhere near as major as something like, and this is the last time I'll bring this up I swear, Dan using Akuma's Raging Demon, is insane.

And if someone is like "BuT aRmS iS jUsT GeNeRiC pUnCh PuNCH", I'm just going to say that Sakurai has picked a character with zero moveset potential and managed to make him one of the most beloved characters in all of Smash; Captain Falcon. So he can absolutely make a moveset about an ARMS fighter that shows a lot of the chosen fighter's personality.
Since you seem to be so fond of asking questions, allow me to ask one of you: Do you honestly believe that, when people suggest merging Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min-Min into one unified ARMS fighter, they're suggesting it because they don't care about the characters or don't see value in their gimmicks? Do you think I made this moveset for the ARMS Fighter because I don't value these characters, their series, and their unique attributes? And if you don't think that about me and my moveset concept, why would you assume that of everyone else?

I honestly can't help but feel a bit insulted when people use "If they're merged into one fighter, they'll lose their character!" to attempt to refute the idea that this kind of merger couldn't work. As if we're so bereft of originality or care that our ideas on how they'd play would be hackneyed and soulless.

This one is just completely and utterly irrelevant to the current day.

Seven Squares was Square Enix's way to give leakbait to people by throwing in a couple of fake names into the mix, covering up the actual one we'd get for the first Fighters Pass. With us getting Erdrick and Luminary, the other five were nothing more than bait. And you're somehow still biting it to this day.

Heck, Seven Squares is from December 2018, which is very likely long before any of the second Pass was ever fully settled on. It does not apply to this Pass.
Sure, but I still think it's rather noteworthy that Geno's name was even on there at all. Like, his name is good enough for SquareEnix to use him as leakbait. (HOO-HAH-HAH!)

Second reason shouldn't be ruled out entirely.

I mean, the fact that a Cacodemon and Mallow were costumes led to people thinking it'd mean Geno and Doomguy, did it not?

If that leak is a troll, it's a pretty big brain troll.

It also takes less time to make just a hat compared to an entire costume.
I disagree. A big brain troll wouldn't make a decently convincing-looking fake leak, post it to 4chan with a clear image and two iffy, but still legible videos, and have it get largely ignored and dismissed by most people, all to troll about <25% of people who wanted a single character. Big brain trolls would aim a hell of a lot higher and try a hell of a lot harder than that, I think.

Last time from me since June is almost here. Which ARMS character(s) is coming as Challenger 6?
https://smashboards.com/threads/new...smash-discussion.446429/page-75#post-23929581

Maybe there is a splatoon spin-off coming later this year or 2021? I think that they will reserve Splatoon 3 for next Switch generation. There is still more potential for Splatoon 2.
Oh boy, I can't wait for Splatoon: Minimum Wage Warriors to hit the Switch this December! Working behind a cash register in order to pay off my student loans is going to bE SO MUCH FUN!!

Why are American fans always the one who get nice things? There's nothing like this on the twitter of the European account.
Payback for when the US used to be a european colony. Tax our tea? Well we won't host a Smash tournament in your continent in about a hundred years! Take that, you limeys aristocrats! :ultpacman:

On a different thought did anyone think about Bomberman being a playable character regardless of this Assist Trophy. I was a tad bit upset that he was not a full fledged character. Maybe in this pass he can be I don't know.
I would've been fine with Bomberman, but he was never a big want for me.

Not bad. Don't really get the whole deal behind Sol Badguy, but I'm overall fine with him. Rayman would also be pretty cool.

Guess I should also post my revised predictions list. (In no particular order.)
MyFighterPassPredictionsMay2020.png

1. ARMS Fighter - I really think it's gonna be a 4-in-1 deal, maybe only a 2-in-1 deal with just Spring Man and Ribbon Girl at least.
  2. Geno - :ultpacman:
  3. Heihachi - I still believe that his costume not returning when it logically could've (Terry) may be indicative of his being upgraded.
  4. If Spirits don't disconfirm characters (and most everything says no) then I really think these guys are in a great position.
  5. Crsh Bandicoot - Cresh in Smesh would be fresh.
  6. The Wildcard - No idea who this would be, but any of these three would be great.

What’s our opinion of Jon?
He should get his flat ass back in the goddamn kitchen and make me some ****in' lasagna.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One of the very, very few times the professor actual typed the text "geno" in the Geno thread.
i mean duh? its about Geno, is it not?

also, if im here, tell me to my face what you think, not around me, thanks very much

Anyway, as nice as that star card looks, I dont think it's Geno related but who knows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom