• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I really don’t see another FF rep like Tifa or Sephiroth. Nintendo couldn’t even acquire more than 2 tracks, a single original piece of artwork, and not even another character to be a trophy so what’s the point? What’s the point of adding Tifa since we already got Cloud? I highly doubt she gotten requests on the likes of Sora, Geno, Sephiroth, or even Crono. Sephiroth, same thing, what’s the point? And also the FF rights probably a total cluster. Maybe only Crono, Lara, or Geno I can see happening.
I don't entirely disagree with you because Tifa definitely doesn't have the same amount of requests as Geno/Sephiroth. However, as I've stated before OG FF 7 has ridiculously convoluted rights issues relating to everything, issues that I do not know would be present or not with FF7R. But even besides that, "fan-demand" is not the be all end all about who gets in, and how positive the Smash community will be towards a reveal.

An example of this would be someone like Joker, who definitely didn't have tons of fan-demand (but he wasn't really doing that bad either), yet despite this he was one of the most positive reveals in the FP. Same goes for Terry to a lesser extent. Really the only "controversial" picks were DQ and Fe. What I'm stating is that there's definitely "sleeper"picks that would be largely well received no matter who they are, and considering how big Tifa is in the gaming community already, she's definitely one of them. Sephiroth too, to a lesser extent.

To take this out of the Square-Enix sphere, lets discuss Sega reps. The most requested SEGA characters currently are Shadow, Arle, and Kiryu. But what if for the next SEGA rep, none of those got in. Instead, we somehow ended up with Eggman in Smash. Sure fans of the other SEGA reps would be upset, but I think the community would be largely positive to the reveal. Even the biggest Sonic haters I know, realize the sheer iconicity of Eggman; he is definitely popular/iconic enough to be a worthy addition, even if he isn't really requested a ton for Smash. The dude rivals the likes of Bowser as THE most iconic villain in gaming, period.

TL;DR: There are definitely "sleeper" Smash characters, that do not need tons of Fan demand in order to get into Smash with little to no controversy.

D

Deleted member

If Geno had a Mii costume pack, I think Crono would be a perfect Mii outfit. Crono Trigger is a cult classic favorite like SMRPG and considered of the best JRPGs of all time. I believe Crono had some requests back in the Brawl days so I guess he would be a consolation prize. SMRPG, Chocobo, and Crono would be perfect Mii costumes for the Squaresoft side.

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So on the topic on Geno's missing costume some were talking about earlier. The interesting thing to me about the missing Geno Mii Costume, is that its absence falls pretty close to 2 decently credible rumors that involve DLC beyond FP1

The first being that the 2nd DLC wave was apparently greenlit in E3 2019, about a month before we knew the Mii Costumes that would come with Hero

The 2nd, is the so far credible Mii Costume leaker who correctly called a bunch of Mii Costumes and also had Mallow and Smithy on that list. This appearently started floating around July. Same month as Hero's presentation

Also consider that Joker came with 4 new Mii Costumes and 2 returning ones. Hero only came with 4 Mii Costumes even though there were obvious choices for the 2 returning ones

Here's a fun theory. Maybe Geno's and Chocobo's costumes was initially going to come with Hero. But then they finalized the next wave of characters not long after E3 and that Geno was going to be one of them. So they pulled Geno's Costume from Hero which would explain why there were only 4 costumes in that wave, and not 5-6 like they usually are

Of course this is all just speculation, but I personally think it's interesting to think about

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
According to Sakurai, everything in Ultimate is now being worked on remotely.

This is a good thing, as safety should always be a priority. Hopefully there aren't any big leaks for the sake of the dev team, as security is probably barebones now. I wouldn't be surprised if anything post ARMS gets delayed, compared to the plan anyways. I would still expect a reveal at E3, but I doubt anything other then ARMS and a reveal of the new character will be shown.

This'll probably also effect Nintendo's future release schedule. I think Xenoblade is the only known upcoming game with the release date, and it's pretty much done at this point so I don't think that it'll be delayed. I've read that the new Paper Mario is pretty much finished, it's probably going to be revealed at E3 with likely a August/September release, at first I was thinking July; but at this point I doubt it. I've read they were also trying their best to release BOTW 2 this year, but now I think it'll probably be in the middle of next year.

Here's my prediction of Nintendo's upcoming lineup:
April: Nothing
May: Xenoblade Definitive Edition
June: Speculated Pikmin 3 port/ARMS Rep
July: NMH 3
August: Bravely Default 2
September: DLC 8/Paper Mario
October: Nothing
November: HD Mario Collection that has been rumoured.
December: Nothing

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Food for thought: what if the coronavirus, which is now forcing the dev team to work on the game remotely, will throw a wrench in development and possibly cause some characters to be trashed for others? Less external communication may mean less third party picks - I don't think ARMS being the front load of the pack is a coincidence.

They could communicate remotely, sure, but I feel that'd be a harder obstacle to overcome. I could be wrong though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Food for thought: what if the coronavirus, which is now forcing the dev team to work on the game remotely, will throw a wrench in development and possibly cause some characters to be trashed for others? Less external communication may mean less third party picks - I don't think ARMS being the front load of the pack is a coincidence.

They could communicate remotely, sure, but I feel that'd be a harder obstacle to overcome. I could be wrong though.
They were able to communicate stuffs regarding Banjo-Kazooie (I think overseas), I don’t think this’ll be a problem. ARMS was very likely always intended to be the pass’s opener due to Nintendo wanting it.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

I don't think they'd go as far as trashing characters, they already finalised the selection. It might slow things down but I think that's the extent of the damage it would have on development

Griselda

Smash Lord

Everyone kinda communicates remotely, these days. We're doing it now, people commonly have conference calls, etc. And if they wanted to see who they're talking to, they could just do a video call, too. With the point technology is at, there's practically no difference between a physical meeting and one where you're talking across distances. Even sending documents to discuss is easy. Since this lockdown thing started here, for example, my mother has been doing all of her work from home, having the same meetings with the same groups of coworkers as usual.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Just wanted to share that adorable fan-art , don't mind me

Also , saw some Bamco character talk. Klonoa is the only character I really want from the company , and tbh... At best I expect a mii hat for him , but god , a playable Klonoa would be a dream come true... And I'll be sure to remember it

Also , i don't even pay attention to people who keep moving goal post for Geno. These kind of people will keep doing it until a Geno splashscreen happen in a Smash reveal , and will then go out on how he was an obvious pick since the beginning , it's not worth bothering about that.
And tbh , I just can't tell myself , "yeah , Sakurai and Nintendo don't care about the fans , it's all about promo" , when we... Got these guys :ulticeclimbers::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultsnake: (The 6 veterans a lot of people wanted back , even if the focus was on icies/wolf/snake) :ultridley::ultdaisy::ultchrom:(Got publicly denied by Sakurai and got in regardless) :ultkrool:(RARE character owned by Nintendo who didn't appeared in a game for 10 years and pretty much got in from fan demand , wasn't even in DKCR and DKCTF as a secret boss) and... :ultbanjokazooie:... Remember how people said that grinch leak was fake just because these guys were in it ? I still remember how many called them a dead relic of the past , and now they got in from sheer fan demand.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
When Geno makes it in we need to have him added into the header or the sidebar art here on the forums.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1247394481659187200
The man is still at it at a time like this. It looks like Sakurai and his team will be working from home due to the virus. Well as other said, safety first. I think this could increase the chances of leaks... well if there are leaks, let’s hope it’s about Geno being playable.
Yeah, a lot of people are expecting things to leak now. If that’s the case, then we may soon see that our boy is in Smash, or finally be put out of our misery. Either way, it’s been fun guys.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, a lot of people are expecting things to leak now. If that’s the case, then we may soon see that our boy is in Smash, or finally be put out of our misery. Either way, it’s been fun guys.
Wait, what good will this be if Nintendo doesn’t like leaks? Someone on another topic thinks a leak could make Nintendo shut down production on DLC until the pandemic ends.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Wait, what good will this be if Nintendo doesn’t like leaks? Someone on another topic thinks a leak could make Nintendo shut down production on DLC until the pandemic ends.
Well I mean if the whole thing leaks, then it would be too late at that point to stop production.
Plus part of that translation says “Ultimate is a very high-security project, which makes it difficult to take it out (and work). However, we have no choice, but to do it.”

So it sounds like they know full well it could leak, but what other choice do they have?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well I mean if the whole thing leaks, then it would be too late at that point to stop production.
Plus part of that translation says “Ultimate is a very high-security project, which makes it difficult to take it out (and work). However, we have no choice, but to do it.”

So it sounds like they know full well it could leak, but what other choice do they have?
Oh, right. Again, it wasn’t me who said that they’d stop production, but someone else.

That said, I am rather excited for these potential leaks now. I wonder what will come up, or how info will leak, specifically?

Firox

Smash Master
A chocobo could easily be a playable character over Geno.
Could it? Technically. Would it literally be the most absolutely idiotic thing SE and Nintendo could possible do?! Hell yeah. If they were to honestly bone Geno (and Sephiroth, and Tifa, and 2B, and Sora and basically any other more relevant SE character) for a generic FF creature, I would legit boycott that **** regardless of how unique a moveset it has. That would be the most tone-deaf move I've ever seen and I'd sooner chuck my Smash Ult card into the ocean than reward such a moronic decision with my money.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

One on hand my heart goes out to the dev team as working from home will certainly increase the likelihood of a leak and it’s no fun to have a project you’ve worked on for so long be leaked... but on the other hand, as a silver lining, if Geno news did leak because of this, it could certainly give us a little bit of comfort and closure during our self-isolations.

Im not saying a reveal will change our lives during these weird times, but it would just give us one less anxious thing to speculate upon.

The most important thing is that Sakurai and his team are committed to try and deliver to us, the consumer, during these difficult times. And that is admirable and we should be very thankful to such an amazingly committed and talented team.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

People forget just how inevitable it seemed that Geno's costume was going to come back with Hero, even I knew I was deluding myself when I tried to think maybe just maybe his costume wouldn't return with Hero.
Grade A observation - it does feel like people have forgotten just how bleak things were this time last year. Geno was the only dream character to not be part of the base roster, a goddamned generic Mario enemy was the last thing they had worked on before shipping the game, and "Erdrick" was all but confirmed to be Square's DLC rep. The entire fighters pass was shaping up to be nothing the fans asked for, and hey, we were right!

I didn't have any hope that Geno's costume wouldn't show up. The phrase "better than nothing" was what I knew I was going to be hearing, and honestly after the November 1 ****show and the Grinch leak being proven a fake I didn't have any hope for the DLC. Honestly, the only reason I watched Hero's presentation was just to see what could make this damn character worth adding to Smash in the first place and when Geno's costume didn't show up, it didn't even register with me at first. It took me until after the whole presentation had ended to be like "... did they forget to show Geno's costume?" It took me a while to even come to terms with what it meant for his costume to be missing - I mean... note my join date.

Not to sound like a gatekeeper or any other modern term for someone the average user might feel intimidated by, but I hope that newcomers to this thread and newcomers to the Geno fandom take a moment to recognize just how far we've come. This support community has had to put up with hell to be in the kind of spirits we are now - from the absolute lowest point possible to a place of reasonably well grounded hope in the course of a year. If you come in here and try to knock us down or "temper expectations", you're beating a horse so dead that you're actually just smacking the dirt.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hello there Geno Thread

It’s me, Lord Woomy! You may remember me from my work such as Big Brain Woomy and Geno Deconfirmation Pack Trademark Symbol. Well, after dying twice, I’ve been resurrected as a detective. But today, I’m taking a break from pretending to solve whatever grizzly homicide I committed this week and instead am going to teach you how to spot the difference between a real and fake leak!

First of all, let’s ask the question, where did the leak come from? Anonymous 4chan users claiming to have a source are full of bull****, subtract 5 points from the score if your leak comes from 4chan. Anonymous Discord users claiming to have a source are a beacon of truth and must not be doubted, add 5 points to your score if your leak is from Discord.

Is it a 4chan Leak that claims your large chested anime waifu is in? Forget what I said in the last question about 4chan, add 40 points to your score.

Is it an image leak? Random text posts can be difficult to verify, so trusting convincing images may feel a bit more sensical, but that’s where you’re wrong! Nintendo has a blackhole in the center of their offices that absorb any images taken in their offices upon the person attempting to exit with said image. The only cameras that are immune to this are the cameras of Samsung Galaxy S3 phones manufactured in August of 2012 for some reason. If your leak is an image leak, subtract 20 points from the score.

Is the image leak blurry? Some may say image leaks that are blurry just make a leak less likely due to the creator trying to make their forgery less debunkable but the opposite is actually true! Due to the blackhole mentioned previously, all Nintendo offices are shaking rather violently all the time from the inside! The blurrier a leak, the more likely it was actually taken in Nintendo’s offices. This is why CacoMallow is an almost unquestionable fake. Add 35 points if your leak is blurry.

How much are you able to twist a leak into saying “it got stuff right”. Did a leak say that Nintendo was planning on showing off Switch games in the next direct and then Switch games are immediately shown off in the next direct? If so, that person definitely knew something, which means they know literally everything there is to know about what happens in Nintendo, especially the next Smash Fighter. If your leak can be misshapen into claiming it got something right, add 14.5 points.

How disappointing is the leak? Disappointing leaks are almost always completely real! Nothing hype has ever been revealed for Smash, ever. Remember how so many people were disappointed in the Erdrick, Steve and Katalina rumors from November 2018 and then they soon turned out to be completely real? Obviously, any other leak that says something else disappointing is bound to be true, so stop trying to think hype things happen ever. Why would a fake leaker even bother lying about disappointing things? It’s not like we have a word for people who get off on upsetting people on the internet. If your leak is disappointing as all hell, give it 34.47 points.

Does it deconfirm Geno? If yes, stop counting your score, the leak is immediately real.

Does the person leaking it refer to themselves as an insider and claim to have “sources”? It’s incredibly unlikely anybody would ever claim that they have sources when they’re actually just pulling things out of their ass and seeing what sticks. If your leak contains the words “insider” or “source” at all, add 19.573928 points to your score.

Does it say Spirits, ATs or any other sort of thing that they added to the game 2 years ago doesn’t deconfirm? I’m sorry to say, but that means the leak is almost especially fake. Any leak that tries to claim hype things are happening are just making **** up for attention, no matter how much reason there is to believe it. None of these things will ever be getting in the game so it pretty much kills it outright. If your leak suggests any of these things don’t deconfirm, subtract 45 points.

How much do other people believe it? The validity of leaks is almost always decided by public opinion. Any leak the majority believes are almost guaranteed to be real while leaks most people think are fake are almost definitely fake. Go to informative websites such as GameFaqs if you want to really gauge proper public opinion and see how the kind and helpful community will assist you in determining whether or not a leak is real. If the majority of GameFaqs users believe your leak add 1,000 points, if they don’t then subtract 52 factorial points.

Does it follow the Weezer Rule? Every Smash speculator worth their salt has heard of the Weezer Rule, but I’ll explain for anyone new here. If a leak contains the letters to spell the name of the band “Weezer” then it is much more likely to be true than not. If your leak contains the letters to spell Weezer then add as many points as you want, if it doesn’t then subtract your age from the score.

Is the leak from a Japanese Website? Leaks from Japanese websites are almost never fake, it’s a known fact that people from Japan know more about unrevealed Smash info than the average Westerner, meaning leaks from Japan are much more likely to be real. It is also physically impossible for a Westerner to fake being Japanese and post a fake leak. If your leak originated in Japan, write an essay about the history of shoe polish, take the word count from that essay and add it to your score.

How long has it been since the leak has been posted? If the leak gives no timeframe for reveals then it gets less likely to be true every second since it was posted and doesn’t come to fruition. Leaks are much like fruit or children, sure you can keep them in your pantry for a while, but after enough time, you gotta cut your losses and throw ‘em in the TRASH. Subtract how many days it’s been since the leak was posted from your score.

Ģ̶̧̛̙̠͇̻̠͎͕͑̽̊͑͂̇̽̎̚͜ͅI̵̢̲̲͈̘̟̦̭̟̅̌̓̏̍̂́͗̾̽́V̴̮͉͉̼̦̩̝̥̎́͝Ȇ̵̝̍̓̈̔͒̑͋̈́̃͋͠͠ ̶̡͎̞͚̼͍̦͕̗͙̝͔̗͆̆̇̇̿̈́̎͜I̷̛̖̰̠̅͆̈́̽̍̋̾̀̀̋N̴͎̖̤̮̿̏͊͌̾͌̿̾͊̚̚ ̶̜͈͚̥̣̳̮̑̋̄̍͛̆͛̈́͛̐͋͜͝Ť̴͚͎͇̠̟̫̩̗̕͜O̸͍̘̹̭̾̓̏̀͊́̆̆ ̶̧̡̧̯̻̫͈̣̦̆̍̃̀̓̽́̊̑͌͝Ḻ̴̡̧̧͔͙̝̘̹̯̙̄̐̈̒̀͋̔̈́̃͛͜A̵̛̩͉̘̝̰̾͒͑̈̍͒̚͘̕͠ͅȄ̶̢̛̛͍͖̥̻̜͈̣͔̻̜̼͙̟̬Ḿ̶͎̼̟̞̤̖̖͖̲͓̗͕̩͈̓͋͐͆̓̿̂̀̈͊̕O̷̦̳̾̇̋̔̓̔̋͑N̸͖̳͇̣̼̳̘̗̦͔̯͇̬̆͑̈́̃͒͗͐̾̓̊̅̐̈́͗̚? I forgot where I was going with this one.

And finally, does the leak confirm or even just imply Geno will be added? If it does, I’m sorry but these leaks are always fake. Hype characters never ever manage to get leaked. There was never a single leak that implied Ridley or Banjo would be in Smash. Square also runs a very tight ship and nothing can ever get out from them, look at how well they hid Hero! If a leak implies Geno, it is not only fake, but it also deconfirms him again.

And that’s it! This is a perfect guide of how to tell whether or not a leak is fake! If your leak scored above 50 points, then it’s 100% confirmed, don’t even bother trying to prove it anymore, you’ve won. If your leak is anything below that, then you and your next two generations of offspring will be exiled from the Smash community forever for speculating wrong. Anyway, I’m off to go get eaten by carnivorous wildebeests! If you want to thank me, please fold up 10 dollars and shove it into the USB port of your computer as a donation.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Grade A observation - it does feel like people have forgotten just how bleak things were this time last year. Geno was the only dream character to not be part of the base roster, a goddamned generic Mario enemy was the last thing they had worked on before shipping the game, and "Erdrick" was all but confirmed to be Square's DLC rep. The entire fighters pass was shaping up to be nothing the fans asked for, and hey, we were right!

I didn't have any hope that Geno's costume wouldn't show up. The phrase "better than nothing" was what I knew I was going to be hearing, and honestly after the November 1 ****show and the Grinch leak being proven a fake I didn't have any hope for the DLC. Honestly, the only reason I watched Hero's presentation was just to see what could make this damn character worth adding to Smash in the first place and when Geno's costume didn't show up, it didn't even register with me at first. It took me until after the whole presentation had ended to be like "... did they forget to show Geno's costume?" It took me a while to even come to terms with what it meant for his costume to be missing - I mean... note my join date.

Not to sound like a gatekeeper or any other modern term for someone the average user might feel intimidated by, but I hope that newcomers to this thread and newcomers to the Geno fandom take a moment to recognize just how far we've come. This support community has had to put up with hell to be in the kind of spirits we are now - from the absolute lowest point possible to a place of reasonably well grounded hope in the course of a year. If you come in here and try to knock us down or "temper expectations", you're beating a horse so dead that you're actually just smacking the dirt.
This. So much this.

I wasn't here back in the Pre-Brawl/Sm4sh days , truth be told , I joined after K.Rool reveal. So yeah , seeing our character as one of the most likely candidates for base , with leaks , fan-favorite getting privileged to... Pretty much the disapointment that the 1st November direct was. (They litteraly made a section just to show the german name of Villager , Dorfbewohner)
I remember the countless posts I did on DQ , and how tired I was on the subject popping up constantly , to the point where the thread became a general SE thread for a while.
When Hero's presentation came , I admit that the character's balancing made me panicked initially (Could you blame me when one of Hero's spell was litteraly Palutena light weight custom move from Sm4sh) , and... just being left confused as to why Geno was ommited as a costume.
Granted , most people just said "pff ! He's already a spirit , they wouldn't double dip on a costume !" and some even mentionned he would come with Banjo because he's an old character like him. (When costumes aren't even included in fighter packs...)
Hence why for a while , I decided to remain passive , since any mention of Geno had a 99% chance to lead to a "but SE ownership/But Hero/But spirit" discussion if I didn't chosed very carefully to who I talked in the Smash community.

So , I admit that if people tell us to temper our expectations now when we pretty much hit our lowest with both :ultpiranha: and :ulthero: reveal... Well I guess they think they'll explode if we don't get Geno or I dunno , that we'll start a civil war.

---

But hey , now , things are way better , we actually have a real shot at getting our character in the roster. And heck , if things truly go sour for a third time in this Ultimate speculation cycle... Well screw it , I'll keep hoping. The only things I was able to predict correctly are that :ulticeclimbers: and :ultwolf: would come back , and that :ultisabelle: would get in as an echo (and she's a semi-clone) , so I'm sure Sakurai could reveal Geno at the time we expect it the less.

Firox

Smash Master
If you want to thank me, please fold up 10 dollars and shove it into the USB port of your computer as a donation.
OK, awesome. I....I did it.....but the USB port is starting to spark.....OK, I'm starting to see a little flame......it's eating the dollar bill......Wow! Is that you accepting it?! It's like magic! ..........wait.....why are you eating my carpet now.....HEY! That's my chair! You can't have that! I didn't like your spiel THAT much! AAAAAAHHHH! Not my leg! You CANNIBAL! Why Lord Woomy?! WHYYYYY!??..............

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think we're still in pretty good shape during the speculation cycle all things considered. Even at the lowest points for Geno fans in Ultimate, we persevered and managed to get back up

D

Deleted member

Well I guess they think they'll explode if we don't get Geno or I dunno , that we'll start a civil war.
Yes, Geno fans are going to be so devastated by holding an L for the... *checks calendar* 18th year in a row that we're going to go into other threads and other websites and **** up everything with mourning disguised as anger and resentment as we tell others that their character is an irrelevant nobody that hasn't had a game in [x] number of years and is owned by a greedy third party and will only get a mii costume in the best case scenario - something that is absolutely unheard of and would be a breach of the generally accepted good behavior and display of character that is absolutely required to post on the internet.

So for the sake of continued peace and tranquility on the world wide web, we must temper our expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yes, Geno fans are going to be so devastated by holding an L for the... *checks calendar* 18th year in a row that we're going to go into other threads and other websites and **** up everything with mourning disguised as anger and resentment as we tell others that their character is an irrelevant nobody that hasn't had a game in [x] number of years and is owned by a greedy third party and will only get a mii costume in the best case scenario - something that is absolutely unheard of and would be a breach of the generally accepted good behavior and display of character that is absolutely required to post on the internet.

So for the sake of continued peace and tranquility on the world wide web, we must temper our expectations.
Why don’t we just work on a fan game that mixes SM RPG and SMBUSA.

Basically make levels and bosses designed off of SM RPG and make the four selectable characters Mario, Peach, Geno, and Mallow.

Then figure out how to differentiate Geno and Mallow’s movement options for a platformer.

I honestly see Geno working like Pit in the first Kid Icarus. Not as floaty as Luigi, but still floatier than Mario. And shoots a little nub of a projectile.

Mallow... I got nothing. I guess we could just go with Bowser and use the end of Odyssey or that one area in thousand year door or super paper mario for implementation.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I wouldn't worry about this. If anything, it's just going to take a little while to adjust to. Food for thought: you know what was also developed remotely? Every Smash Bros fan game including Project M and Legacy. That said, it can definitely be done, it's just different. Basically the official team is now being forced to take the approach that Smash modders have been taking for over a decade. This said, I have full confidence that they can do it and do it well.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wouldn't worry about this. If anything, it's just going to take a little while to adjust to. Food for thought: you know what was also developed remotely? Every Smash Bros fan game including Project M and Legacy. That said, it can definitely be done, it's just different. Basically the official team is now being forced to take the approach that Smash modders have been taking for over a decade. This said, I have full confidence that they can do it and do it well.
Yep, I don't expect their progress to be hampered too much with this change of scenery.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
The coronavirus has already done all the damage it will do from a productivity perspective on Ultimate. Computers have gone home, plans have been set in motion, and people are now getting comfortable with their remote routines. It probably set development back a week or two tops for these adjustments to take place. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
According to Sakurai, everything in Ultimate is now being worked on remotely.

This is a good thing, as safety should always be a priority. Hopefully there aren't any big leaks for the sake of the dev team, as security is probably barebones now. I wouldn't be surprised if anything post ARMS gets delayed, compared to the plan anyways. I would still expect a reveal at E3, but I doubt anything other then ARMS and a reveal of the new character will be shown.

This'll probably also effect Nintendo's future release schedule. I think Xenoblade is the only known upcoming game with the release date, and it's pretty much done at this point so I don't think that it'll be delayed. I've read that the new Paper Mario is pretty much finished, it's probably going to be revealed at E3 with likely a August/September release, at first I was thinking July; but at this point I doubt it. I've read they were also trying their best to release BOTW 2 this year, but now I think it'll probably be in the middle of next year.

Here's my prediction of Nintendo's upcoming lineup:
April: Nothing
May: Xenoblade Definitive Edition
June: Speculated Pikmin 3 port/ARMS Rep
July: NMH 3
August: Bravely Default 2
September: DLC 8/Paper Mario
October: Nothing
November: HD Mario Collection that has been rumoured.
December: Nothing
Not gonna lie, Sakurai skipping FP7 and going straight to FP8 is a bold preditiction.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I really doubt fighters would be skipped for reveals/announcements like that. We'll find out who the ARMS rep, FP7, and FP8 are at bare minimum before the year ends

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, Sakurai skipping FP7 and going straight to FP8 is a bold preditiction.
Well, see, Geno was going to be FP7 but COVID-19 made Sakurai realize how bad of an idea he is, so sorry Genofriends but he's just not making it in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like Sakurai has already discussed what the biggest complication will likely be: working with people from other countries. Season 2 is all but guaranteed to have at least one Western character so it will definitely be something to overcome when the time comes. On that note, it coincidentally puts Sakurai in a similar place to us because, as you all know, we're not all from the United States and I would even go further and say that for probably at least of a third of the regular members in this thread, English isn't their first language. It's an adjustment but we definitely get along (most of the time). For example, I often make the joke that I'm incurably American and I sometimes say expressions that utterly baffle some of you from Europe and South America and I've had to stop and be like "oh, right... Most of you don't speak Hick" and explain in detail what I meant. Sakurai and the team will probably run into similar problems but I don't think it will be anything they won't be able to overcome.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like Sakurai has already discussed what the biggest complication will likely be: working with people from other countries. Season 2 is all but guaranteed to have at least one Western character so it will definitely be something to overcome when the time comes. On that note, it coincidentally puts Sakurai in a similar place to us because, as you all know, we're not all from the United States and I would even go further and say that for probably at least of a third of the regular members in this thread, English isn't their first language. It's an adjustment but we definitely get along (most of the time). For example, I often make the joke that I'm incurably American and I sometimes say expressions that utterly baffle some of you from Europe and South America and I've had to stop and be like "oh, right... Most of you don't speak Hick" and explain in detail what I meant. Sakurai and the team will probably run into similar problems but I don't think it will be anything they won't be able to overcome.
My guess is FP8 and possibly FP10 or 11 will be the rumored Western reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom