• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Last thing I can think of for Geno at the moment: if Kirby took one of his abilities, would it be the finger bullets or Geno Beam?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Last thing I can think of for Geno at the moment: if Kirby took one of his abilities, would it be the finger bullets or Geno Beam?
I really think Geno Beam fits as a NeutB best. It's perfect for the standard "charge and do laser" attack like Robin's Thoron or any of the other "charge and shoot/throw thing" attacks (Dark/Samus, Mewtwo, Lucario, etc), potentially with a timing mechanic.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I think Geno's Moveset is:
Neutral B: Geno Beam
Side B: Geno Whirl
Up B: An attack similar to the bowsy's one in which geno star launches from the doll and floats
Down B: Geno Blast
Final Smash: Geno Flash
So i think Kirby's abillity will be geno beam

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
If this isn't Smash, I'd say Geno Whirl because it's his most iconic and well-known move.
If this is Smash, I'd say Geno Beam because it'd make the most sense for his neutral special.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If this isn't Smash, I'd say Geno Whirl because it's his most iconic and well-known move.
If this is Smash, I'd say Geno Beam because it'd make the most sense for his neutral special.
Finger Bullet isn't bad either, though I could imagine that being throws too?

Projectiles are somewhat strange for neutral A moves, to be honest. MegaMan's the only one that outright does it, I think.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Finger Bullet isn't bad either, though I could imagine that being throws too?

Projectiles are somewhat strange for neutral A moves, to be honest. MegaMan's the only one that outright does it, I think.
Yeah, but I think it'd be best for Geno's special moves to be, well, his special moves from SMRPG. I could imagine Finger Bullets being used in tilts as well as throws though. Have him use it as his up-tilt for a good anti-air for example, since the finger bullets come out relatively fast.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, a follow up to my question from earlier. If they do hint at a Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars rep, but it turns out that it is NOT Geno, how would you all react?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys, a follow up to my question from earlier. If they do hint at a Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars rep, but it turns out that it is NOT Geno, how would you all react?
Confusion, mostly. Someone like Mallow or Smithy could be interesting to play as, but there's not a lot of demand for them as far as I can tell, and it would be weird for Nintendo/the development team/Sakurai to negotiate with Square-Enix specifically for a Mario RPG character and have it be someone other than Geno.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
"Literally who and why?". It'd also be the biggest middle finger to Geno fans.

Seriously, I cannot think of any other SMRPG character that would get in before Geno, except the obvious: Mario Bowser Peach (all of whom are already in), unless you want to count Birdo who is a slim possibility. At that point, it's like why. (I also don't see Birdo as an "SMRPG character", that'd be like saying both Link and Samus are "SMRPG characters" because they have cameos there)

I really don't think they'll be doing a "game reveal" like they did with ARMS for "Super Mario RPG"; I just do not see that.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hang on.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the Super ****in' Nintendo sold 2 million copies in 1996? Is that worldwide? I can find the 1.47 million figure in Japan, which for the time is massive all on its own. Don't forget that the Nintendo 64 was coming out (and in reality should have already been out) in a few months in Japan when Super Mario RPG released in both regions. End of console life games typically don't do very well because they end up overshadowed by the much hyped release of the new console.

I'm sure you haven't bothered to read the whole thread, but only a handful of pages ago I mentioned that there was a time when a video game wasn't expected to push several million copies on launch day, and from what I can see, Nintendo expected the game to only make 500,000 sales in the first year, yet there's an implication that it did much better than that, possibly making 1 million in the first year in the United States? If it really managed 2 million in the US then that puts its global sales at about the same level of Star Fox, which one can argue is "bad for a Mario title", but that's treating Mario in 1996 like Mario in 2020 - a lot needs to be considered when you start digging up sales numbers from the past.
Now that you brought this up, let me back you up.

Like you said, Super Mario RPG did really good in the United States, it was pretty much the summer game of 1996 in the United States, releasing May 13, which a lot of people were getting ready to finish their school years and start their summer vacations around that time. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people got their paychecks right before SMRPG's release and picked up the game from their local Blockbuster. From August 24, 1996, SMRPG was the most rented video game for 14 weeks straight. That's over 3 months, very impressive; it became the most rented game all the way up to November 9.
This pretty much. Once again I brought this up in another post but I feel like people keep shifting the goal posts when it comes to fan favorite characters

"Ridley can't get in because Sakurai said he's too big"

"Okay, yes Ridley got in, but that doesn't mean King K Rool is coming. King K Rool is a dead character and hasn't appeared in a game in a decade. Not the same scenario with Ridley"

"Okay yes, Ridley and King K Rool got in, but that doesn't mean Banjo is coming. Both Ridley and King K Rool are owned by Nintendo. Banjo is owned by Microsoft a western competitor. He's dead. They would pick Steve instead. Not the same scenario with Ridley and King K"

Now we're seeing:
"Okay yes, Ridley, King K Rool, and Banjo got in, but that doesn't mean Geno is coming. Ridley and King K Rool are the main villains of big Nintendo franchise and Banjo was the star of his own game. Geno is a side character from one game, they wouldn't pick him. Not the same scenario as Ridley, King K, and Banjo"

And then if Geno does get in, we'll start seeing:
"Okay yes, Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo, and Geno got in, but that doesn't mean (insert fan favorite character) is coming. Ridley, K Rool were villains of major Nintendo IPs, Banjo was the star of his own game, and Geno is related to Mario. X character is different because of y and z. They wouldn't pick him. Not the same scenario as Ridley, King K, Banjo, and Geno"

Like I don't mean to insult anyone with this. I just don't get why people keep making reasons like this to discredit characters, even though Nintendo keeps pushing the boundaries on what we think is possible time and time again
This is literally accurate. I can't remember how many times I've seen people make excuses when it comes to people ****ting on highly requested characters and saying why they can't be included, but when that character gets in, all of a sudden they have a "change of heart" and start backing the character(s) up. I was supporting King K. Rool for Smash during the Brawl-SSB3DS/Wii U era and did see a few people insult him, and one of K. Rool's insults had me laughing in tears; I saw one person **** on a K. Rool supporter in an article comment section and said something like, "Nobody wants your fat, googly-eyed Bowser in Smash." LOL. Ever since King K. Rool got in as a playable character, I never saw hate against the K. Rool support ever again. Coincidence?

One of Geno's common excuses is "because he's a side-character". That's like calling Thor a side-character character in The Avengers. Only SMRPG players know Geno's the second-most important character in the game, if not, the most important; it's almost like he would've been the main character if it wasn't a Mario game. Without Geno, Mario and the others wouldn't know what's going on; Geno was the only one who knew what was truly going on, nobody knew what was happening because nobody knew the giant sword Exor crashed through Star Road except Geno and the "Higher Authority", most people only witnessed the earthquake or Exor falling out of the sky without knowing what it truly did. Mario and Mallow found the first Star Piece, yes, but they had no clue WHAT it was for, nor did they even know what the Smithy Gang was. Geno told Mario the news and why they needed to collect all the Star Pieces and stop the Smithy Gang.

Someone on here said Gaz was comparable for a side-character, that is true. Let me even pull up the definiton of a side-character:
"A supporting character is a character in a narrative that is not the focus of the primary storyline, but appears or is mentioned in the story enough to be more than just a minor character or a cameo appearance."
Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach are the main focus of the storyline, and each and everyone of them had a primary goal that went with the storyline:
  1. Mario's goal was to find Peach, he succeeded but aided the others along the way.
  2. Mallow's goal was to find his parents, he succeeded and aided the others along the way.
  3. Geno's goal was to retrieve the Star Pieces to repair Star Road and stop the Smithy Gang (even tried to do it alone by fighting Bowyer and his arrows), and his goals are literally the main focus of the storyline... For goodness sake, it's indirectly even in the game's title: Legend of the Seven Stars.
  4. Bowser's goal was to take back his Keep, he did and was going to call it quits once the gang beat Exor and got his castle back, but Geno encouraged Bowser to keep going and Bowser decided to stick around and aid the rest... how nice of Bowser.
  5. Peach's goal was to get back to the Mushroom Kingdom, but she decided to aid the rest with their journeys.

Gaz only appears multiple times in the story, one is even just a cameo:
  1. The first time you (as Mario) meets and plays with him.
  2. The optional filler in the story of returning to Gaz's house where Geno meets Gaz.
  3. The Nimbus Land inn dream where Gaz appears.
So, which one sounds more side-character material? Mario and the team, any one of Mario's party members, or Gaz?
However, if they said it was a Mario RPG character, there would be no way it wouldn't be Geno, he's the most demanded character from that game to be in smash.
Plot Twist: MALLOW JOINS THE BATTLE!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So, which one sounds more side-character material? Mario and the team, any one of Mario's party members, or Gaz?
I spent way more time on this post than I originally planned to.
  • Main Characters
    • Mario: It's a "Mario game", you have him from the start, and he's who you control out of battle (also in battle too!). He also assists Geno once he realizes what's going on.
    • Geno: The major plotline revolves around him since he's trying to fix everything.
  • Side Characters
    • Mallow, Bowser, and Peach: Assisting the main characters
    • "Toad": As in the primary Toad who is actually named Toad, as you see him enough and he assists enough that he's basically a side character.
    • Smithy: I mean the entire game is because of him.
  • Less Minor But Still Minor Characters
    • Gaz: The owner of "Geno" the doll; some of the plot is re-explained when visiting him again.
    • Croco: Seen enough times and even has a character arc to be here.
    • Booster: More minor than the others, but affects the whole thing with Peach for awhile, enough to where I'd say he's in the "less minor" category.
  • Actually Minor Characters: Everyone else because they aren't around long enough/don't affect much. Yeah there's a few like Valentina who actually does some stuff, like how she takes over Nimbus Land, but that doesn't change much of anything outside Nimbus Land and once she's gone... she's gone.
People saying that Geno isn't a/the main character clearly haven't played the game. If it wasn't for him, your story would end after the cake boss in Marrymore and Smithy would have taken over. Oh and Mallow would have buggered off. Or maybe the story would end post-Valentina. One thing's for sure, you'd have no idea what the star pieces do and would have no real need to progress further.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
People saying that Geno isn't a/the main character clearly haven't played the game. If it wasn't for him, your story would end after the cake boss in Marrymore and Smithy would have taken over. Oh and Mallow would have buggered off. Or maybe the story would end post-Valentina. One thing's for sure, you'd have no idea what the star pieces do and would have no real need to progress further.
Man, forget Mario and the rest of the party. Geno totally could've solo'd the Smithy gang

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
You know, one of the things I was thinking about if Geno shows up at any point in this pass as a fighter is how amazing it'll be to see legit fans of Geno freaking out over his inclusion.

I mean it'll be great to see all the regular YouTube reactions we usually get but to see people who have played Super Mario RPG and know well enough about Geno it's gonna be great to see them out there making videos about it. Growing up playing the game for me seems like an almost solitary experience because I either wasn't playing it in front of anybody or didn't get to share it with anyone from beginning to end. It's good to know I'm not alone at experiencing how amazing of a game SMRPG is and it'll be great to see all of our Genobros. and Genogals out there making videos about it. I really hope that time isn't too far off now because it sounds like too great of a thing not to happen at this point for how long we've had to wait for Geno to come back.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You know, one of the things I was thinking about if Geno shows up at any point in this pass as a fighter is how amazing it'll be to see legit fans of Geno freaking out over his inclusion.
I honestly think the general reaction will be more or less BK's. Mine will probably be similar as well (a lot of surprised yelling, followed by possible crying), maybe like one or two decibels louder. Though I might also experience a completely different reaction because I feel like this has been a long time coming whereas BK felt more out of nowhere (since I'm actually following speculation now as opposed to how I didn't really pre-BK). Instead of surprised yelling, I might just have enthusiastic cheering.

But yeah, I'd love to see peoples' reactions as I really loved seeing other people also going mental over BK as well. I also weirdly want to see how GameFAQs reacts to it, just because they hate him so much.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Define "best received". Miyamoto himself said SS was boring during development (after he forced them to change away from a "too similar to TTYD" gameplay). CS is supposedly more or less the same thing.

If you're going by sales figures, that's horribly imbalanced in favor of later consoles.
Mostly going off sales and the fact the paper mario series was never a real big seller in Japan, but your right, Sticker Star sold well because of its console.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Mostly going off sales
and the fact the paper mario series was never a real big seller in Japan
Yeah, sales means little to nothing on "how good a game is". There's so much that can influence a game's sales, depending on who made it, is anyone marketing it, etc.

Sticker Star sold well because of its console.
100%. It's also why mobile games generally do so insanely well because regardless if you're a gamer or not, just about everyone has a phone nowadays, and those who don't (usually kids) probably at least have a tablet (which still counts under the "mobile" market).

But yeah, the Wii was around when digital-only stuff just started to really take off. N64 was still very much in the "Internet is this new and weird thing" era so you still didn't have super easy marketing and had to go after physical (and televised) marketing, which is obviously way more expensive. It's why the vast majority of gems N64 and below (I'd also argue Gamecube too in this category) generally sold way less games despite having a huge amount of the "best games of all time" games on there.

TL;DR: A mix of more expensive and difficult marketing, gaming not being nearly as mainstream as it is today, and the Internet not being so widespread is a mix of why the older games generally didn't sell like crazy, and it's why looking at sales means almost nothing, especially if comparing new games to old. Hell, plenty of generally bad games/consoles still sell like hotcakes because of uninformed consumers and/or strong marketing.

PS: Oh and in SMRPG's case, it releasing so insanely close to the N64's launch definitely didn't help.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can imagine the reactions for Geno being a mixture of surprise, genuine hype, and the meltdowns from 4Chan and Gamefaqs users who kept dunking on his chances for years

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I can imagine the reactions for Geno being a mixture of surprise, genuine hype, and the meltdowns from 4Chan and Gamefaqs users who kept dunking on his chances for years
If Geno gets in, I'll spend an entire afternoon watching reactions, probably with popcorn and laughing at the people who call him "An irrelevant and overrated Pinochio with a 24-year-old game gun" and I'd also laugh at people people that the spirit deconfirms characters
It would be excellent

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think I'll have the biggest smile on my face , like I did with K.Rool and BK.

However , I might have a bigger reaction , since Geno is the character I actively supported the most alongside Midna.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, we know that Mario's 35th anniversary is going to be a big deal for Nintendo this year and we know rumors of some 3D Mario titles potentially getting remade/remastered or ported, but if you could have any Mario games that aren't just part of the main 3D platformers brought in, what would you like to see return? Aside from Super Mario RPG and the first three Paper Mario titles, the Mario Land games on the Gameboy and maybe the return of Mario Paint.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I can already see some of my fav YouTubers/streamers reacting to Geno like:

- RogersBase = yells into Pillow-sama
- xD1x = cries out similarly to when they revealed Snake

As for me, most likely I'll smile as my heart experiences catharsis, with eyes watering knowing the long journey Geno and fans have had coming up to that very special moment.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I mean it'll be great to see all the regular YouTube reactions we usually get but to see people who have played Super Mario RPG and know well enough about Geno it's gonna be great to see them out there making videos about it. Growing up playing the game for me seems like an almost solitary experience because I either wasn't playing it in front of anybody or didn't get to share it with anyone from beginning to end. It's good to know I'm not alone at experiencing how amazing of a game SMRPG is and it'll be great to see all of our Genobros. and Genogals out there making videos about it. I really hope that time isn't too far off now because it sounds like too great of a thing not to happen at this point for how long we've had to wait for Geno to come back.
That's why I say everyone here should record their reactions to these Directs, just in case it actually happens. Gotta get some good audio/video clips for those compilation videos, right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Someone I talk to has theories on bonus characters and where they think Season 2 is at right now. They gave me the okay to share them so I'll try to summarize their main talking points:

-Season 2 was greenlit in June/July 2019.

-Banjo's presentation was recorded in early August according to Sakurai. Says Season 2 had already began development at that time. He says this at about 23:52 in the presentation.

-Terry was basically in a presentable state in August and Byleth in November.

-Including Plant, 6 characters were completed to a presentable degree in about a year. This also included bonus game modes, something Sakurai said there wouldn't be more of in Banjo's presentation.

-The SMRPG costumes were first heard in July along with Banjo's. This potentially suggests that these costumes had already been worked on since Banjo's presentation was recorded in August. May imply that costumes can be finished well in advance and simply "saved" for later. This could suggest Cacomallow leaking in November wouldn't be unreasonable.

-In December 2018, we know Plant, Joker, and Hero were being worked on, heavily suggesting the same number was being worked in December 2019, especially with confirmation of Byleth's presentation being recorded in November.

-This all heavily suggests that 6 and 7 have likely been ready to present for awhile now and probably more if both had technically had at least some work on their packs done since last August.

-This follows a similar timeline to Season 1 since Banjo was decided E3 2018, suggesting 6, 7, and 8 will be in a presentable state by E3.

-Without modes and Season 2 beginning work last summer, this could potentially suggest that they are further ahead on things than originally thought.

-They made the suggestion that bonuses would be in the middle instead of at the end because any bonus characters probably wouldn't come with additional content and "would be kind of a weak way to end DLC."

-This suggestion kind of adds up when you consider new modes stopped with Banjo in Season 1. Going with their theory, bonus characters would most likely be added between 6 and 9.

What do you all think? Based on this, bonuses would probably be announced in the "Sakurai Presents" presentations instead of Directs, just like the modes and Mii costumes were. We already have 6 coming in June so I'm not banking too hard on a bonus announcement then given the proximity to the E3 Direct. Based on the typical gaps, 7's presentation would be August/September and potentially the first "realistic" opportunity for a bonus announcement, especially in the light that Joker, not Plant, was the first DLC character to add bonus modes.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Someone I talk to has theories on bonus characters and where they think Season 2 is at right now. They gave me the okay to share them so I'll try to summarize their main talking points:

-Season 2 was greenlit in June/July 2019.

-Banjo's presentation was recorded in early August according to Sakurai. Says Season 2 had already began development at that time. He says this at about 23:52 in the presentation.

-Terry was basically in a presentable state in August and Byleth in November.

-Including Plant, 6 characters were completed to a presentable degree in about a year. This also included bonus game modes, something Sakurai said there wouldn't be more of in Banjo's presentation.

-The SMRPG costumes were first heard in July along with Banjo's. This potentially suggests that these costumes had already been worked on since Banjo's presentation was recorded in August. May imply that costumes can be finished well in advance and simply "saved" for later. This could suggest Cacomallow leaking in November wouldn't be unreasonable.

-In December 2018, we know Plant, Joker, and Hero were being worked on, heavily suggesting the same number was being worked in December 2019, especially with confirmation of Byleth's presentation being recorded in November.

-This all heavily suggests that 6 and 7 have likely been ready to present for awhile now and probably more if both had technically had at least some work on their packs done since last August.

-This follows a similar timeline to Season 1 since Banjo was decided E3 2018, suggesting 6, 7, and 8 will be in a presentable state by E3.

-Without modes and Season 2 beginning work last summer, this could potentially suggest that they are further ahead on things than originally thought.

-They made the suggestion that bonuses would be in the middle instead of at the end because any bonus characters probably wouldn't come with additional content and "would be kind of a weak way to end DLC."

-This suggestion kind of adds up when you consider new modes stopped with Banjo in Season 1. Going with their theory, bonus characters would most likely be added between 6 and 9.

What do you all think? Based on this, bonuses would probably be announced in the "Sakurai Presents" presentations instead of Directs, just like the modes and Mii costumes were. We already have 6 coming in June so I'm not banking too hard on a bonus announcement then given the proximity to the E3 Direct. Based on the typical gaps, 7's presentation would be August/September and potentially the first "realistic" opportunity for a bonus announcement, especially in the light that Joker, not Plant, was the first DLC character to add bonus modes.
This theory sounds pretty good

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
ARMS, Geno, and Crash all at E3, Waluigi as one of the bonuses also at E3. Hoooooooooooly crap the Internet will LOSE ITS MIND!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Fatman! Super hyped for E3 now (moreso than before); hopefully we'll get ARMS+2 reveals when the "E3" Direct is over.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ARMS, Geno, and Crash all at E3, Waluigi as one of the bonuses also at E3. Hoooooooooooly crap the Internet will LOSE ITS MIND!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Fatman! Super hyped for E3 now; hopefully we'll get ARMS+2 reveals when the "E3" Direct is over.
Their thought is that "delays" would likely pertain to the second half of Season 2, not the first. I largely agree with this because, as we've seen, the Smash presentations are typically recorded about two months out. According to a number of people I've talked to, Directs usually take about a month and a half to two months to piece together so Nintendo has likely already begun prepping the E3 Direct along with 6's presentation.

If we follow this timelinr they propose and the one the thread often supportd, 6 and 7 were likely presentable as early as January, 6 months out from E3. This is added on top of Sakurai saying work had been done on Season 2 by Banjo's presentation recording in August. If we were to take that at absolute face value, that means 6 had at least 4 1/2 months of work done by the time Byleth was shown off. It's now April and it's been estimated that characters take about 6-7 months to completely develop, also implying that if they literally started development on a character right after Byleth's presentation, they would be presentable by E3. In short, there's nothing to suggest significant delays to 6, 7, or 8 but may the later half.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Their thought is that "delays" would likely pertain to the second half of Season 2, not the first. I largely agree with this because, as we've seen, the Smash presentations are typically recorded about two months out. According to a number of people I've talked to, Directs usually take about a month and a half to two months to piece together so Nintendo has likely already begun prepping the E3 Direct along with 6's presentation.

If we follow this timelinr they propose and the one the thread often supportd, 6 and 7 were likely presentable as early as January, 6 months out from E3. This is added on top of Sakurai saying work had been done on Season 2 by Banjo's presentation recording in August. If we were to take that at absolute face value, that means 6 had at least 4 1/2 months of work done by the time Byleth was shown off. It's now April and it's been estimated that characters take about 6-7 months to completely develop, also implying that if they literally started development on a character right after Byleth's presentation, they would be presentable by E3. In short, there's nothing to suggest significant delays to 6, 7, or 8 but may the later half.
And given some rumors about Master Chief being one of the last 3, that makes sense. Probably helps at least 2 of the remaining 3 potentially get ready for summer of next year to finish off the roster.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So, we know that Mario's 35th anniversary is going to be a big deal for Nintendo this year and we know rumors of some 3D Mario titles potentially getting remade/remastered or ported, but if you could have any Mario games that aren't just part of the main 3D platformers brought in, what would you like to see return? Aside from Super Mario RPG and the first three Paper Mario titles, the Mario Land games on the Gameboy and maybe the return of Mario Paint.
The N64 and NGC era of Mario Party

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And given some rumors about Master Chief being one of the last 3, that makes sense. Probably helps at least 2 of the remaining 3 potentially get ready for summer of next year to finish off the roster.
Something else to consider is how I talked about earlier about how basically 6 characters were presentable in about a years' time:

Plant- November 2018
Joker- April 2019
Hero and Banjo- June 2019
Terry- September 2019
Byleth- November 2019

It's pretty consistent of two months from being "ready to show" to being "ready to release" so, we could theoretically set things up like this in when characters would be ready to show:

6- February 2020
7- April 2020
8- June 2020
9- August 2020
10- October 2020
11- December 2020

This potentially suggests that 6 was originally planned for April but hit complications so was simply pushed back to June. Based on everything, this shouldn't affect the first half because 7 and 8 were likely already being worked on anyways.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Taking into account the recent rumors regarding a possible 3D Mario game collection of sorts + Super Mario 3D World Deluxe + a new Paper Mario, all amidst Super Mario's 35th anniversary, they could go Plus Ultra with making a double reveal of Waluigi and Geno. :2gud: Think about it. They would drop the first bomb by revealing Waluigi as Vol. 2's bonus character, and just when everyone thinks that "that's it", the go in with a full-on CG reveal trailer for Geno as one of the Challenger Packs (#7). And hopefully FINALLY somewhere within that Direct we'll get news of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven STARS finally being added to the SNES NSO Library. Right? RIGHT?! :crazy:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
This year as many already known is Mario 35th anniversary and what better way to celebrate than announce a new Super Mario universe character for Smash Ultimate like Geno or Waluigi. This fighter can be a bonus between CP8 and 9. A potential release scheduled could be:

FP6 - June (Arms fighter, confirmed)
FP7 - August
FP8 - October/November (possible Covid19 delays)
Bonus - December/January (Geno)
FP9 - March 2021
FP10 - May 2021
FP11 - July 2021
Bonus 2 - September 2021

Considering the huge fanbase both Geno or Waluigi have, I think that people will spent $5 in addition to the huge amount of money they have been paid for base game + FP1 and 2

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theory got me thinking:

The Mii list was posted pretty early into the 2nd pass's development, suggesting Geno is an early addition. But when Cacomallow happened, it was much later.

Since it's really possible they always just hold off on Mii costumes, instead of appearing right beside Geno at E3, I think our boy in green could be a later addition to the pass.
1586058440238.png

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theory got me thinking:

The Mii list was posted pretty early into the 2nd pass's development, suggesting Geno is an early addition. But when Cacomallow happened, it was much later.

Since it's really possible they always just hold off on Mii costumes, instead of appearing right beside Geno at E3, I think our boy in green could be a later addition to the pass.View attachment 268331
Oh boy oh boy! I'm really hoping we get:

CP 6 = ARMS rep (Min Min? Spring Man?!)
CP 7 = Geno
CP 8 = Crash Bandicoot (WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!)
CP 9 = Doom Slayer (DOOM Crossing)
CP 10 = *thinks* uh... Adol Christin (ok, this one's wishful thinking but HOPEFULLY...? :nifty:)
CP 11 = Dante (would be a nice nod to the end of Smash 4s DLC cycle, which then was Bayonetta)

However, I fear that somewhere around CP 10, or 11... the character might be 1st party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom