• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
So now we basically have confirmation that Mario in general will be heavily focused on in the "E3" presentation... This is slowly going from humble pie to humble buffet and it's still about 2 months out. Also, throw up another checkmark for the "at least 7 remakes/remasters in 2020" rumor. 1 confirmed, 1 all but confirmed, and 4 heard by other people aside from me, giving credence that the last one has a decent chance of being true too.
Can you confirm if you've heard rumors of SM64 remastered/HD or sunshine from your reliable sources Fatman?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do we though? New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Mario Maker 2 (and I think others) were all announced in random non-E3 directs.
Kind of, honestly. We have this bit of news + the Paper Mario rumor + the 3D World port rumor +Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC: Part 2 that's supposed to release in July.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
2 releases around July/August, 3 releases around Sept/Oct, possibly Nov.
4 by Q3/4 direct. Releases around end of the year/January 2021.
5 by Q1 direct 2021, releases around E3
6 by Q2/E3 direct 2021, releases around Q3/4 direct.

I could see this happening. Even if there's delays for their releases, I don't see why we couldn't get 3 reveals for this "E3".
That seems about right in terms of release schedule but even then getting 3 announced right away during the E3 Direct is unprecedented for Nintendo. These DLC's have had us knowing a max of 2 at a time. One coming out soon and one too look forward to. Piranha Plant to Joker, Hero to Banjo, Banjo to Terry. Otherwise we're left to guess who it is like between Joker and Hero and Terry and Byleth. I mean I'm not saying it's impossible because Sakurai does what he wants but it seems overly optimistic considering how they've done it so far.
I think 3 is unlikely, but why would they release less packs than FP1 having the double of the time? It makes no sense at all, especially considering how ahead the schedule it actually happened. We will probably be done with this before June 2021.
No, you're probably right. That's not necessarily what I was getting at. Just the fact that we will probably only get the ARMS character and another.
Any bonus characters, including the possible Iwata tribute character, revealed at Q3/4 direct, releases before 2022.
I've seen you mention this a couple times now. Why do you think this is happening?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
These DLC's have had us knowing a max of 2 at a time.
FANRULE DETECTED! ALERT, ALERT! Also, technically they already revealed the ARMS DLC, unless you're now saying we're getting "3" reveals at E3 when it's more like 2 to 2.5.

One coming out soon and one too look forward to.
Okay and with the ARMS character dropping like days after the name reveal (as they're being *RELEASED* in June), 2 reveals at E3 would give us 1 more that's coming soonish and 1 more to look forward to. That would also be following the trend with last year.

Hero to Banjo
Except these both dropped reveals on the same day and neither one was released too soon after E3. Hero released nearly 2 months after reveal.

but it seems overly optimistic considering how they've done it so far.
I disagree, considering, again, we've already had the DLC 6 reveal. Just because we don't know the character doesn't mean it doesn't count. A double reveal is totally possible and I don't think the ARMS character should mess with that.

I've seen you mention this a couple times now. Why do you think this is happening?
Mostly parroting Fatguy IIRC, though I could see a potential post-pass bonus character for Waluigi or an Iwata tribute character.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Alright boys and grills, are ye ready? Ya boi Sir King Lord Lord Woomington III the Right and Honorable is about to list off his predictions for the entirety of FP2! I've only stuck to saying a few characters I thought would be in, but now I feel a lot more confident in actually making the damn list of fighters. So sit back, relax and attempt to eat an entire grape fruit in one bite because you're about to read what will be FP2 in its entirety.

Fighter 6 - Min Min. Alright we all know why I'm putting her here, Crash Bash was suspiciously timed and we know Nintendo has used in game events as methods of gauging popularity cough Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest cough. Even if Crash Bash wasn't done to pick the new Smash fighter, I have trouble believing Nintendo wouldn't see said popularity and just completely ignore it when requesting Sakurai to add an Arms rep. I think the Arms rep was initially intended to be the bonus character Sakurai somewhat kinda implied a few times before deciding a full on second fighter pass with Min Min tacked on at the beginning would work better. This also explains why FP2 has a weird extra pack when it wasn't necessary (not to say it isn't much appreciated, but I don't think many would've batted an eye if it was just 5 again). Anyway, we know the Arms rep is destined to be revealed in June, so likely around the time Nintendo's E3 direct was supposed to be.
Fighter 7 - Geno. Yeah, of course I was gonna put Geno on this list, this is the Geno thread after all lmao. I think all the evidence for Geno has been listed to death but I'll sum it up very briefly here: Mii Costume List, copyright take downs, insider confidence, CacoMallow, last massive fan request, missing mii costume and more. Anyway, I'm expecting the puppet to at least get revealed in the same direct as Min Min would be, so I'd say June as well. Anyway, not gonna try and predict reveal dates anymore as it just gets too difficult the further on we go in this pass, not to mention Nintendo has been giving the middle finger to their typical reveal schedule so it's too difficult to predict much of anything.
Fighter 8 - Crash Bandicoot. Crash apparently has a lot of insider confidence going for him and while I'm not one to completely base things off of what insiders are saying, I still don't wanna ignore them completely either and something has gotten them very convinced based on what Fatman's said. N Sane Trilogy also made its way to Switch which is pretty big, seeing as how he was originally intended to be Sony's rival to Nintendo. Though, Crash isn't owned by Sony, instead he's owned by Activision who seem to have a pretty decent relationship with Nintendo from all I've seen. Crash also has a large fanbase and would please a lot of people so I think Nintendo wouldn't be hesitant on adding him. I also think the N Sane trilogy being on Switch could lead to Crash being (a very very soft) promotion.
Fighter 9 - Dante. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series sorry I had to. Apparently, some DMC music also got taken down by Nintendo in the same suspicious manner the SMRPG music was. Capcom also seems like an easy company to work with in regards to Smash, we've gotten 3 characters from them and none of them seem to suffer some of the licensing issues a lot of other characters face when being represented as a Smash fighter (Such as things like anemic music selection or really bad alts). DMC is also on Switch, so light promotion there as well. Dante also seems to boast some decent insider confidence, which definitely helps.
Fighter 10 - Lloyd Irving. Oh yeah, we gettin' into double digits now! Lloyd finally debuts as our 2nd Namco rep after all this time despite the fact that Namco has worked on 4 and Ultimate. Lloyd's missing Mii costume along with the other missing Namco ones hints to me that something Namco will be coming to Smash soon enough. Fatman has also talked about insider confidence in Lloyd, but it seems to be not as strong as for the previous three characters I brought it up with so meh. Lloyd has also had a rather long history of fan support and having a very dedicated fanbase definitely helps a character. It could be Heihachi I suppose, but I personally feel more confident in Lloyd (Smash does love its anime sword fighters after all).
Fighter 11 - Rex and Pyra. It's time for this long and wild journey of Smash Ultimate speculation to come to a close and it'll end with a 1st party like it has twice before. I'm not sure if Nintendo intentionally tries to make the finales disappointing, I think in truth they just make the worst possible decisions with promotional picks. This time will be a bit different however, the finale won't be a victim of circumstance and will actually be well received despite being a promotional first party. By this time, there will be 2 Xenoblade games on Switch, which definitely helps with the whole promotional aspect of things. Arms also seems to have gotten the same treatment Xenoblade 2 did: a game that came out too late for them to add to base that got non playable representation in some form. We've seen with Arms that they decided to rectify their decision in FP2 and I think Xenoblade 2 won't be any different.

Anyway, that's it, that's my current predictions for FP2. I've been wrong before and I'll probably be wrong again, so make sure to quote this post and tell me how stupid I am for not including Frogger or something. I also predict this will be the finale for Smash Ultimate's new character content, so I hope you like these final 6 because this is 100%, without a doubt, no questions, my sources are never wrong FP2. Ok, you may wanna dislodge that grape fruit from your jaw while I go deal with the C&D Nintendo is obviously sending me right now.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
FANRULE DETECTED! ALERT, ALERT! Also, technically they already revealed the ARMS DLC, unless you're now saying we're getting "3" reveals at E3 when it's more like 2 to 2.5.

Okay and with the ARMS character dropping like days after the name reveal (as they're being *RELEASED* in June), 2 reveals at E3 would give us 1 more that's coming soonish and 1 more to look forward to. That would also be following the trend with last year.

Except these both dropped reveals on the same day and neither one was released too soon after E3. Hero released nearly 2 months after reveal.

I disagree, considering, again, we've already had the DLC 6 reveal. Just because we don't know the character doesn't mean it doesn't count. A double reveal is totally possible and I don't think the ARMS character should mess with that.

Mostly parroting Fatguy IIRC, though I could see a potential post-pass bonus character for Waluigi or an Iwata tribute character.
tenor (9).gif

You can believe whatever you want I'm just trying to keep expectations in check because everytime this has happened people have been annoyed that their ideas weren't true. Everyone thought DLC would be done WAY before February, like November or December, but it BARELY made it into January. People are thi king we're going to get 3 characters this year when it's just as likely we just get 2.

If you want to believe we're getting 3 characters at E3 then I'm cool with it but I personally think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Triple reveal wouldn't be too weird because it would only be a flea fart of a distance from stuff they've already done before:

-E3 2006: 5 newcomers in one trailer.

-E3 2013: 3 separate character trailers with one being after the E3 presentation.

-E3 2014: 3 separate character trailers with one being after the E3 presentation.

-E3 2015: Lucas announced in April, released in June after Roy and Ryu's announcements.

-Smash Direct 2015: Cloud announced in November, shown off in December along with Corrin and Bayo's announcements.

E3 2018: Inkling announced in March, not formally shown off until E3 along with Daisy and Ridley.

Smash Direct #1 2018: 5 new characters in one presentation.

Smash Direct #2 2018: 3 new characters in one presentation.

There is a number of work arounds that have already been done, honestly. I mean, ****, maybe the reason ARMS is being kept secret is because there will be another character in it. Lucina, Dark Pit, Richter, and Ken were all echoes in cinematic trailers. Maybe ARMS is getting an echo fighter too? Who knows but the pastability exists either way.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 267476

We were just discussing this link @Paraspikey posted on the Geno discord and thought I'd share it here too for those who aren't on there. Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you got time, would love to hear your input on this! Everything seems to lineup except Fighters Pass 1 being all 3rd party. UNLESS we go back to the swap theory. I know it's a dead horse, but that Byleth trailer still seems off to me. If there WAS a swap that means Fighters Pass 2 will have TWO Nintendo reps, one being ARMS, and 4 third parties. Also let's hope we get a 3rd pass. <3
I think the idea of a third pass is dead in the water already, especially since this pass is shaping up to be the biggest lineup of newcomers yet

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You can believe whatever you want I'm just trying to keep expectations in check because everytime this has happened people have been annoyed that their ideas weren't true
Oh by no means am I *expecting* ARMS+2 reveals, I'm just saying it's totally feasible. Minimum expectations is ARMS+1 reveal and that's like, all but guaranteed.

Everyone thought DLC would be done WAY before February, like November or December, but it BARELY made it into January.
I wasn't expecting that though. They also had practically no time between reveal and release of Byleth, so what I am pretty sure of is that something got delayed. Why delay Byleth by so long, and why have such a cold open for a Smash reveal? Methinks the Q1 direct got delayed to March so they had to scrap the original one and use Byleth's clip as a Sakurai video. He even acknowledged it was practically a spoiler as soon as it started.

If you want to believe we're getting 3 characters at E3 then I'm cool with it but I personally think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Again, not expecting ARMS+2, just saying it's totally possible. I'll be more than happy with just ARMS+1 reveal; if we don't get 1 then yes, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Also you keep calling it "3" when it's not 3 reveals. It's more than just the 2 we got last year, but to call it 3 is a bit disingenuous.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
*cough... meant for market the dlc* cough... never truly delayed cough*
*cough* Released like days after the reveal *cough* also the horrible cold open was made for a direct.

You can keep denying it all you want, but when the creator practically agreed it was a cold open, you know it couldn't have been intended. It was virtually the same reveal as Isabelle, except hers was in the context of a direct, not Smash news, which meant it kept you guessing "is this PC news", "is this the Switch AC news?", or "is this Isabelle in Smash?". You had no idea til it was revealed. As soon as you saw Byleth, you KNEW it was them getting invited.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
View attachment 267476

We were just discussing this link @Paraspikey posted on the Geno discord and thought I'd share it here too for those who aren't on there. Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you got time, would love to hear your input on this! Everything seems to lineup except Fighters Pass 1 being all 3rd party. UNLESS we go back to the swap theory. I know it's a dead horse, but that Byleth trailer still seems off to me. If there WAS a swap that means Fighters Pass 2 will have TWO Nintendo reps, one being ARMS, and 4 third parties. Also let's hope we get a 3rd pass. <3
Somehow I missed this but, thinking over the history of rumors that turned out to be legit, this is waaaaaaaaaaay too detailed. If somebody knew this many specific details, it would be crazy easy to pinpoint them and throw them out a 6th story window over it. Either this person is lying or extremely dumb and was probably caught shortly afterwards. I have a hard time believing this is totally legit because info this clear cut and detailed is extremely rare.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You can keep denying it all you want, but when the creator practically agreed it was a cold open, you know it couldn't have been intended. It was virtually the same reveal as Isabelle, except hers was in the context of a direct, not Smash news.
They literally released the trailer for the Fire Emblem DLC right after the presentation. If that¨s not blatant on the intention to add him were, then I don¨t know what is, and the 3rd wave of DLC weren¨t even in the game until December. IF there was anything delayed, then it was a direct. Not Byleths presentation

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is very little I've been right about since I made my predictions about base roster but I was mostly on the money when I told folks there was no way we were waiting until E3 to know Challenger Pack 6. We don't know exactly who it is, but we know a lot more than if it were revealed at E3 and that was it. I'm going to make another bold claim and say that expecting to see just the ARMS rep at E3 is a bit of a... stretch. I'm not even going to make a claim on character, although I think the choice is pretty obvious given the floodgate that opened up this morning.

ARMS is cute and all but I think we all know the rep is Spring Man and virus or not, Nintendo wasn't about to have an E3 tier direct with an assist trophy upgrade and call it a day - sure, they know that would be huge for the speculation scene, but we're not all that exists in the Smash world and especially not in the business world.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
They literally released the trailer for the Fire Emblem DLC right after the presentation. If that¨s not blatant on the intention to add him were, then I don¨t know what is, and the 3rd wave of DLC weren¨t even in the game until December. IF there was anything delayed, then it was direct. Not Byleths presentation
Yeah, so they delayed the direct and pushed Byleth into its own video with the 3H DLC too. If there was a December or January direct instead, we'd have gotten all that info in the direct and it would have made for a better surprise (but still equally as disappointing) reveal.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, so they delayed the direct and pushed Byleth into its own video with the 3H DLC too. If there was a December or January direct instead, we'd have gotten all that info in the direct and it would have made for a better surprise (but still equally as disappointing) reveal.
So why do you ask "why delay Byleth" then when they clearly wanted the reveal to go in sync with the last wave of DLC for Three Houses

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So why do you ask "why delay Byleth" then when they clearly wanted the reveal to go in sync with the last wave of DLC for Three Houses
It makes sense that we'd get a December/January direct, but with the delay of said direct, Byleth's reveal was also inevitably delayed (under 2 months tops but that's still quite a delay) because they had to modify the Sakurai video to now include the reveal and have him explain the whole "yeah you'll know who it is right away" (which basically says "this wasn't intended"). Having a reveal and then "oh the character's dropping in just 12d btw, lol"; it's so out of place.

At this point though, we should probably take this to DMs if we're gonna continue since we're just very OT now.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Somehow I missed this but, thinking over the history of rumors that turned out to be legit, this is waaaaaaaaaaay too detailed. If somebody knew this many specific details, it would be crazy easy to pinpoint them and throw them out a 6th story window over it. Either this person is lying or extremely dumb and was probably caught shortly afterwards. I have a hard time believing this is totally legit because info this clear cut and detailed is extremely rare.
It was already confirmed to be fake, the same guy posted it back in 2019 with a lot of differences and then reposted it after the Direct, changing a bunch to make it look legitimate

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of a triple reveal, there's also the plausible outcome that the ARMS character will simply be presented in a "Mr. Sakurai presents" presentation shortly before the "E3" presentation, especially in the light that they flat out said that they would be released in June. "E3" is the week of the 8th meaning the week before is fair game and could even be as late as the 8th if Nintendo outright feels like it. Back in 2015, Roy and Ryu were revealed during a Sunday presentation so, again, yet another scenario that has precedent tied to it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
On the topic of a triple reveal, there's also the plausible outcome that the ARMS character will simply be presented in a "Mr. Sakurai presents" presentation shortly before the "E3" presentation, especially in the light that they flat out said that they would be released in June. "E3" is the week of the 8th meaning the week before is fair game and could even be as late as the 8th if Nintendo outright feels like it. Back in 2015, Roy and Ryu were revealed during a Sunday presentation so, again, yet another scenario that has precedent tied to it.
That, or the presentation could happen once the direct as a whole is more or less complete, kinda like what happened with Banjo last year

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So more evidence that Nintendo is indeed making a big deal out of Mario's 35th anniversary this year? Neat. So far we have

• Lego Mario
  • The Theme Park, and by extension the Movie
  • 3D World Deluxe has been rumored and is backed up by this leak
  • Paper Mario has been rumored and is backed up by this leak
  • Other 3D Mario remasters being reported on by literally everyone
  • It's Mario, there's no chance they also don't have other stuff they are planning right now. Super Mario Party 2? NDCube hasn't announced anything else since the first. New Mario Sports game? Camelot hasn't announced anything since Aces. Plus we are 100% getting more Mario Maker 2 updates, and theres the inevitability of the next 3D Mario game, though I'm less confident in it getting announced this year.
Plus they were planning a PHYSICAL event? Either way everything is pointing to E3 being a blowout for Mario. If only there was some way to tie that back around to Smash as well.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So more evidence that Nintendo is indeed making a big deal out of Mario's 35th anniversary this year? Neat. So far we have

• Lego Mario
  • The Theme Park, and by extension the Movie
  • 3D World has been rumored and is backed up by this leak
  • Paper Mario has been rumored and is backed up by this leak
  • Other 3D Mario remasters being reported on by literally everyone
  • It's Mario, there's no chance they also don't have other stuff they are planning right now. Super Mario Party 2? NDCube hasn't announced anything else since the first. New Mario Sports game? Camelot hasn't announced anything since Aces. Plus we are 100% getting more Mario Maker 2 updates, and theres the inevitability of the next 3D Mario game, though I'm less confident in it getting announced this year.
Plus they were planning a PHYSICAL event? Either way everything is pointing to E3 being a blowout for Mario. If only there was some way to tie that back around to Smash as well.
Imagine E3 leading up to the reveal of a SMRPG HD Remaster....and then......the Smash bros symbol crosses the screen in flames.....(cue Geno reveal trailer).

(That's about the part where I have a heart attack of joy)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That, or the presentation could happen once the direct as a whole is more or less complete, kinda like what happened with Banjo last year
But that's kind of what I'm saying: 6 of the 8 E3s that Smash has been present at have had 3 reveals or more, usually because:

1. Multiple characters were crammed in one trailer.

Or

2. A character was technically announced either before the E3 presentation or shortly afterwards.

Like I said last year (although my guess was Banjo and Lloyd at the time), at least two reveals is almost a guarantee. There's only been 1 E3 that has had less than two character reveals and that was E3 2007... Which had none. 7 of the 8 have had at least two. On top of that, we're currently 2 for 2 when it comes to getting technical "triple" reveals at E3 if a character was announced beforehand. That said, 76 and 77 at E3 is extremely "safe" but 76-78 wouldn't be too weird if 76 was revealed shortly before the E3 presentation or 78 shortly after.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I kinda thought they would have done a Mario direct on Mario day and showed all of this stuff, but "E3" works as well. Hopefully it means we will get a Mario rep revealed for Smash too!

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Something kinda relevant since you guys are talking about Mario related stuff, there was a datamine of the E-shop, and a flipnote was found. Here's a link to the gamefaqs topic with it, because my computer doesn't want to let me post it here for some reason.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78522656
It shows 6 pictures: smoething related to Animal Crossing New Horizons, a pirate guy with Link in the background, and the pirate was in Skyword Sword meaning it may mean Skyword Sword HD (if Nintendo wants to make Mario's 35 anniversary special, then it seems normal that they do not release BotW2 this year, but still give something to Zelda fans), what seeems to be Paper Mario, Ribbon Girl with aparently a new design (her haircut is shorter), Mario with Cappy, while Luigi and King Boo (potentialy a crossover between Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion 3) are also there, and Olimar. Take it as you want.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Something kinda relevant since you guys are talking about Mario related stuff, there was a datamine of the E-shop, and a flipnote was found. Here's a link to the gamefaqs topic with it, because my computer doesn't want to let me post it here for some reason.
It shows 6 pictures: smoething related to Animal Crossing New Horizons, a pirate guy with Link in the background, and the pirate was in Skyword Sword meaning it may mean Skyword Sword HD (if Nintendo wants to make Mario's 35 anniversary special, then it seems normal that they do not release BotW2 this year, but still give something to Zelda fans), what seeems to be Paper Mario, Ribbon Girl with aparently a new design (her haircut is shorter), Mario with Cappy, while Luigi and King Boo (potentialy a crossover between Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion 3) are also there, and Olimar. Take it as you want.
That's not a new design for Ribbon Girl, we just can't see her ponytail, it's probably meant to be behind her.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
That's not a new design for Ribbon Girl, we just can't see her ponytail, it's probably meant to be behind her.
So if this is a legit leak, and all of those drawings are pointing to upcoming games/DLC, then Ribbon Girl is most likely our ARMS representative. Which probably means that assist trophies do de-confirm, but spirts/mii costumes do not which is good news for Geno!

Firox

Smash Master
So if this is a legit leak, and all of those drawings are pointing to upcoming games/DLC, then Ribbon Girl is most likely our ARMS representative. Which probably means that assist trophies do de-confirm, but spirts/mii costumes do not which is good news for Geno!
Agreed. Poor Springman....getting sucker punched by Ribbon Girl on the ARMS box art wasn't enough...now she's jacking his place in Smash....

zferolie

Smash Hero
So been thinking, with this Mario rumors, everything Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been saying, my gut, and a few other things, i think we have a good idea what could happen. This last FP(assuming this is the final, FP3 may be a pipe dream atm), may be both a mix of things Sakurai wanted in the base game, along with fan requests, and some freebies.

Here is what i could see happening. Not the exact order other then the first 2 of the FP.

FP6: ARMS character. I am banking on either Min Min, Ribbon Girl, Spring Man, or a hero situation of Spring Man, Ribvon Girl, Min min, and Ninjara.

FP7: Geno. This comes during the June direct which is looking like Nintendo is pushing Mario hard this year for his 35th Birthday. Geno seems to be a good character to add to the pass for this. It checks 3 hits: a promotional pick, a fan favorite, and someone Sakurai has expressed interest in the past.

Extra 1: Waluigi. Announced on September 13th, the day of Marios Anniversary, as a free gift for the week, then paid separately, to celebrate the anniversary.

FP8: Shantae. I know people feel indies wont get anything but i disagree. I think we will get 1 playable indie and she is it.

Extra 2: Medusa as Palutena echo. I think we will get 2 echos, along with 2 unique extras. Medusa should be a fun echo and doable as Sakurai worked on the last game, and they can use assets from the last game for 1 of her moves(heavenly light called netherworlds darkness)

FP 9: Rex and Pyra. The other character Sakurai wanted in the base game along with ARMS but timeing dashed the chance. With ARMS happening this is certain.

Extra 3 : Impa as an echo of Shiek. This can tie into eother BotW2 or a remaster of skyward sword. Zelda does deserve another rep and impa is a perfect free echo choice.

FP10: Crash Bandicoot. Most likely revealed at next years E3. The final of the big mascot war of the 90s. Fan requested as much as Banjo and would make this game an extreme crossover.

Extra 4: Iwata tribute. Fatman seems set on this happening, and i can see it. Could happen on the anniversary of his passing. As of who it could be, its either Balloon fighter, one of his first games, or Lolo and Lala, from one of Hal Laboratory earliest games.

FP11: this one i am just not sure. It could go multiple ways. It could be that Rumored Ryu Hayabusa, could be a Bandai Namco character. Could be a capcom character. Could be Doomguy. Or it could be tied to a Nintendo game, maybe a hopeful Golden sun Revival...

And thats my thoughts. I think a geno and Rex and pyra are a shoe in for sure. The others are good chances for sure.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I doubt this is real. Or if it is, it could just easily be someone that draw that for fun.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Agreed. Poor Springman....getting sucker punched by Ribbon Girl on the ARMS box art wasn't enough...now she's jacking his place in Smash....
I'm not so sure about that. Recall that MinMin is more popular with fans than Ribbon Girl is, I'm not going to write her off just yet.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Gamefaqs has already prepared a new gatekeeping argument in case a spirit gets upgraded. It's that spirits who have spirit battles deconfirm but spirits that you just summon don't deconfirm. So if it's Ribbon girl then the anti Geno arguments will not be phased.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm not so sure about that. Recall that MinMin is more popular with fans than Ribbon Girl is, I'm not going to write her off just yet.
I could see that too, but Ribbon girl pretty much IS the co-mascot. Also, Ribbon Girl already had a mii costume which, if I recall correctly, no other ARMS character has. It's hard to say whether Nintendo will choose either the fan favorite or the mascot. Either way, it would bode very well for Geno.

Gamefaqs has already prepared a new gatekeeping argument in case a spirit gets upgraded. It's that spirits who have spirit battles deconfirm but spirits that you just summon don't deconfirm. So if it's Ribbon girl then the anti Geno arguments will not be phased.
ROFLMAO! These people are pathetic. Gotta move that goal post, boys and girls. Heaven forbid Sakurai throws your little fan rules to the wind.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I could see that too, but Ribbon girl pretty much IS the co-mascot. Also, Ribbon Girl already had a mii costume which, if I recall correctly, no other ARMS character has. It's hard to say whether Nintendo will choose either the fan favorite or the mascot. Either way, it would bode very well for Geno.
If anything, the Flipnote thing is possibly just a hint towards ARMS being a major focus of the June Direct and not an actual character reveal for Ribbon Girl.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
face it, there always was going to be and always will be fan rules placed against Geno until he is confirmed for the game

People are always going to find x reason as to why character y won’t get in the game. The actual reason? They don’t want the character in the game, and they’re asspulling to find actual reasons why they cant be in

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I've also seen the argument of "Yeah, they can upgrade a spirit, but they'll only do it once and never again so they still deconfirm after this."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom