• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Riiight, I’m sure you all would’ve been just fine if they had said nothing about Smash.
For me , yes , because I still have a huge backlog to go through.
I'm still interested in Smash , and play competitively regularly , and I can wait for another Smash reveal longer... Since I have characters I love to no end already in the game (:ultbanjokazooie::ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultsonic:) , so I rather prefer to wait for a more refinned Smash reveal , rather than a clifhanger. It's always more exciting to see these characters pop up with that tagline , and make for awesome memories.
... And this reveal simply didn't do that for me , as much as I would enjoy an ARMS character.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Riiight, I’m sure you all would’ve been just fine if they had said nothing about Smash.
I'll be honest and say im happy they just announced SOMETHING related to FP2. I think this is better than the Febreaury Direct of last year when all they did was "HEY GUYS REMEMBER JOKER? HE'S COMING!". At least this time it's not telling something we already know.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
For me , yes , because I still have a huge backlog to go through.
I'm still interested in Smash , and play competitively regularly , and I can wait for another Smash reveal longer... Since I have characters I love to no end already in the game (:ultbanjokazooie::ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultsonic:) , so I rather prefer to wait for a more refinned Smash reveal , rather than a clifhanger. It's always more exciting to see these characters pop up with that tagline , and make for awesome memories.
... And this reveal simply didn't do that for me , as much as I would enjoy an ARMS character.
Oh yeah, I actually agree with you, I wasn’t really super concerned on whether or not we got a character (hell, I wasn’t even that concerned with getting a Direct), but I was also here every time the Direct didn’t happen when people thought it would. I really can’t imagine the mood would be better if they’d chosen to show nothing Smash at all.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 3.43.10 PM.png

We were just discussing this link Paraspikey Paraspikey posted on the Geno discord and thought I'd share it here too for those who aren't on there. Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you got time, would love to hear your input on this! Everything seems to lineup except Fighters Pass 1 being all 3rd party. UNLESS we go back to the swap theory. I know it's a dead horse, but that Byleth trailer still seems off to me. If there WAS a swap that means Fighters Pass 2 will have TWO Nintendo reps, one being ARMS, and 4 third parties. Also let's hope we get a 3rd pass. <3

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I think the idea of announcing a character from a series, but not revealing specifically whom is actually pretty solid, especially if the want to keep interest in the franchise in the next three months.

But because it happens to be a move associated with modestly successful new IP like ARMS rather than a more well known franchise, I think the reaction has been a bit muted as result. A similar thing done with a significant third party series that also has loads of characters to speculate over (Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Castlevania) or even a few first party ones (Zelda, Kirby) would probably have a more visible hype with it, and would more likely to be seen as an effective PR move.

Its a catch 22 in that sense as ARMS could use the spotlight more than any of the series I just mentioned, but by that same token is not going be as significant because its more under the radar overall.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 267476

We were just discussing this link Paraspikey Paraspikey posted on the Geno discord and thought I'd share it here too for those who aren't on there. Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you got time, would love to hear your input on this! Everything seems to lineup except Fighters Pass 1 being all 3rd party. UNLESS we go back to the swap theory. I know it's a dead horse, but that Byleth trailer still seems off to me. If there WAS a swap that means Fighters Pass 2 will have TWO Nintendo reps, one being ARMS, and 4 third parties. Also let's hope we get a 3rd pass. <3
Honestly I never really subscribed to the idea that Byleth was swapped around, but this is really interesting... correctly predicting a 6-character FP2? Very interesting.

I would love a third FP, greedy as I am.

EDIT: Do we actually have any proof that the original post from May 2019 existed? Seems a little convenient that it’s gone but he had it all copied beforehand

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
EDIT: Do we actually have any proof that the original post from May 2019 existed? Seems a little convenient that it’s gone but he had it all copied beforehand
Would the Wayback Machine/Internet Archive work with Reddit? Assuming the post was on Reddit...

It is interesting how they correctly predicted an ARMs character and a 6-character pass, but we have had people before who predicted a lot of things but weren’t actually in-the-know...

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
In regards to this guessing game Nintendo is doing with the ARMS character right now, one important factor to consider right now is that Spring Man is an Assist Trophy, and if you subscribe to the currently standing "Assist Trophies deconfirm" fan rule, then it doesn't matter how obvious of a choice he is because you're gonna assume he's off the table anyway. If the ARMS character is indeed Spring Man being promoted to playable status, they're probably banking on fans assuming that Spring Man is already deconfirmed and that it'll be someone else... only to hit 'em with "Guess again! Assist Trophies DON'T deconfirm!"

... not like it matters anyway. To bring it back around to Geno, as long as it's Spring Man or any of the other ARMS characters who are already Spirits in the game, their inclusion can only spell good things for Geno, as well as any other characters currently stuck in Assist Trophy/Spirit Hell like Waluigi and Isaac.

Geno will be getting into Smash, specifically to tie-in with the upcoming Atari 2600 port of Super Mario RPG.
So you're not wrong, but I do want to point out one thing that worries me about this line of thought: I don't think Nintendo is necessarily aware of or care about this "ATs/spirits/Mii costumes deconfirm" fan rule. We need to remind ourselves that we are so wrapped up in speculation that these fan rules are something we talk about and experience daily, but for Nintendo they are likely very much detached from the situation. This is why I believe that Nintendo is not basing this decision around anything involving these fan rules and just want to promote one of their series that they wanted to do better than it did. It still only means good things for Geno if it is Spring Man or a spirit, but it should be noted that the fan rules most likely matter only to those involved in speculation. I still agree with your points, but I feel like this is a big oversight that people aren't paying attention to because of a literal Smash bubble situation. Geno still has plenty of other evidence in his corner. He's still very likely. And this reveal likely only means neutral to positive things for him (neutral if Nintendo is not paying mind to fan rules and positive if they surprise us and actually are paying attention).

D

Deleted member

Going to drift back to that Geno boy.

I think the character will be Min Min or multiple characters, again can’t wait to find out who it is we’ll see who it is.

Hoping Spring Man or Min Min as they we’re always number #1 and number #2 as my favourite characters.

Hoping Geno shows up soon after.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that the first few fighter pass characters will be upgrades that didn't make to the base game, so something like:
FP6: Min Min (or something like Ninjara or Ribbon Girl)
FP7: Geno
FP8: A Xenoblade character (I would say Elma but possibly Rex)
And then FP 9-11 are crazy third parties ex: Travis, Crash, Master Chief, Phoenix, Dante, Amaterasu

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 267476

The 6 character fighter pass was a good call but I'm always skeptical of rumors that go very in-depth about supposed games or news in general.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that the first few fighter pass characters will be upgrades that didn't make to the base game, so something like:
FP6: Min Min (or something like Ninjara or Ribbon Girl)
FP7: Geno
FP8: A Xenoblade character (I would say Elma but possibly Rex)
And then FP 9-11 are crazy third parties ex: Travis, Crash, Master Chief, Phoenix, Dante, Amaterasu
That would be really cool. ARMS and XC2 missed base/FP1, but they added stuff in to appease the fans. Would make sense to upgrade them to playable. Geno... well, Sm4sh costume was to "appease fans". If he's not playable, then all is for naught and I'll never forgive Nintendo/Square (whoever was
responsible).

I would say Waluigi does deserve a spot though if they get the chance to. Would be interesting to see a post-FP2 bonus like Piranha Plant for him. Also weirdly enough, Plant was his partner for Mario Party 3's Duel Mode, so if they happen to remember, they could do a nod to that, like a piece of artwork of Waluigi and Piranha Plant "reuniting" in a sense. Would be quite wholesome.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
They could use an ARMS 1 character in Smash to advertise an ARMS 2 game. Or maybe all the characters return but with redesigns and the Smash character will have that as an alt.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The "leak" is definitely interesting. If Byleth was really switched, which I still strongly doubt, then it's been right about everything so far. Calling 6 characters in the second pass is really weird and specific, and I don't think anyone was expecting it. Claiming ARMS wouldn't get into the first pass but would be in the second pass is strange too. There might be something here. If so, my prediction is this.

6. Min Min
7. Geno
8. Rayman
9. Rex
10. Lloyd
11. Master Chief

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If Byleth was really switched, which I still strongly doubt, then it's been right about everything so far.
They could have been going off *some* old info that was heard. That said, how would they know about an FP3? I find that to be really suspect; it really doesn't seem like we'll get one, but Sakurai is making SSBU his magnum opus, and continuing to push it to even greater heights, so I could see him doing it. Plus he's a total workaholic and I doubt having nothing in his future would be very fun for him.

Claiming ARMS wouldn't get into the first pass but would be in the second pass is strange too.
I actually disagree. Spring Man was put in base, so it'd be more strange for him to appear in FP1 would be like... well why? FP1 has been extremely consistent in not having any of the newcomers be overlaps of anything already in the game. Reggie was spot on when he said all the characters will be "new to the series"; not a single one was in Smash prior.

8. Rayman
Assuming negotiations were under way during E3, it just feels really weird to have Altair and Rabbid as costumes in January just to have Rayman appear fairly soon in the grand scheme of things. Why not wait for a Ubisoft pack, y'know? If we did get an FP3 though, I could see Rayman coming.

Honestly, given that ARMS and XC2 are tied together for "not being in base due to the timing", I really expect Rex (possibly paired with Pyra) to be in FP2 at this point. It would seem extremely weird if he didn't make it.
PS: If the ARMS rep isn't Spring Man or Ribbon Girl, Rex would be a costume promotion. No one seems to be talking about that. :)

10. Lloyd
I can see it, and I want it to happen, but I do wonder if Sakurai and Nintendo will hold him back because of "too many swords". If there's actually an FP3 with at least 5 slots, I do expect him to be in at some point.

11. Master Chief
I'm not saying it won't happen, but idk, this seems so far out of left field. I constantly flip-flop between Doomguy and Master Chief on who will/won't be in (because I do feel like one of them has a good chance, but I really and truly do not think both will get in), but the more I think about it, Master Chief is *too* big to Microsoft. Halo's always been on Xbox; it's been tied to Xbox and Microsoft. Banjo-Kazooie (or rather Rare during its golden era) was a Nintendo-exclusive company, practically 2nd-party at that point. It totally makes sense to have BK in Smash as a result of that. MC though, idk, it just feels so iffy to me.
You could argue stuff like Snake, Cloud, Joker, etc, but none of those companies are competitors of Nintendo; they're all 3rd party without their own consoles. That to me just makes it seem like MC is very out there. I almost want to say Steve is more likely, but I think his weirdness (visuals/animations) and lack of a kit are what's holding him back. But I could be totally wrong (as I usually am), and MC could come as a big ad for the next Halo game on the XSEX (or whatever everyone's even calling that horribly-named console).

Just my two cents on your post. That would be quite the pass if it happened though.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Honestly, given that ARMS and XC2 are tied together for "not being in base due to the timing", I really expect Rex (possibly paired with Pyra) to be in FP2 at this point. It would seem extremely weird if he didn't make it.
*cries in Astral Chain*

Polarthief

Smash Lord
*cries in Astral Chain*
Not to be like "lol dead game" but do people still talk about Astral Chain? I heard it for like a week after it came out and I haven't even heard that name come up since your post.

It's totally possible, but I also don't even know a single character from that game.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I might as well post a wall of speculation.

So... Surprisingly, we'll be getting a ARMS character as Fighter Pack 6, the start of the pass.

ARMS, as a series, is very risky to represent as a fighter, so the character decision this time around will need to be smart on both ends in order to justify them being at the very start of the pass.
(Before I begin, I'll like to say that this ARMS rep, was likely never meant to be at the start of the pass, the fact its been September 2019 [when they started development on the fighters], to June? I doubt it. So this character will more likely then not will not represent a new protag for ARMS 2 as, ARMS 2 is likely early in development and the protag will still the same, being the SpringMan we have currently, so thank you.)

So, this character will need to be a "poster boy" of ARMS mostly, I doubt we'll be getting a character that is..
1. Only important in the lore that isn't even explained well in the game.
2. Not marketed to be a main focus of the game.

So, it'll more likely then not be a Main Protag, or, multiple of them.

I'll like to show something that "MyDude" sent over on the Star Road discord server..

"Green is for being heavyweight (i forgot to put green on Max Brass)
Blue is being too different functionally

Yellow is not really following the really idea (optional disconfirm)
Red is not being a competitor

Orange is already being a champion "

I'll like to give a reason to why being "heavy weight" matters.
It doesn't fully represent ARMS as a whole well, being a heavy weight ARMS character, when Sakurai and his team are on a time crunch, I doubt it'll be a serious ""complex"" character, when its already hard enough too do this style of fighting in the game itself.

Now, ARMS is already a series risky enough to represent as a whole, not really as marketable to the mainstream considering the fact its been dead for over a year and has been mainly forgotten about.

The ARMS rep will likely be somebody..
-Iconic to the ARMS series
-Requested in some form
-Marketable to a general public
-A Day One character too appeal more to the outsiders so they can know "hey this character is from ARMS!"

Taking all of that into account, I can safely remove a few options...

Mmmm, look at that, we have 4 options left, all make sense to be Fighter Pack 6 from a marketing standpoint, and a requested standpoint.
Now, with these 4 fighters, we can do a few things..

We can do...

SpringMan (With Alts) - How are they going to make this work? After all, every character has "different abilities", well... How about they make the "gimmick" of this fighter, unlike "reach" with Byleth, a form of "special moves."

Different Arms you can pick from on the selection screen/a in-game menu much like Hero's Spell Command Screen.
And to solve the issue that "Omg they have different abilities!!", well, they can combine abilities either in the fighter's moveset like Simon and Richter, or you can, once again, select what abilities you can use in a Hero Spell Command section type thing.
"Who will be the alts?' you might ask, well, its likely going to be the 4 up there..

SpringMan - Default
Ribbon Girl - Alt 2
Min Min - Alt 3
Ninjara - Alt 4.
And the rest of the alts will likely be recolors representing other characters.

(Also Nintendo does this thing where they say "Omg who is it going to be?", then it ends up being more then one, and ARMS is a series you can get a lot out of like that, and it makes too much sense to make our ARMS rep something like Hero.)
It can also be just SpringMan and Ribbon Girl
as alts. So, once again, its possible it could just be 2 alts.

SpringMan (Solo) - The easiest one to create, I will say this is a bit unlikely, but not impossible. The A.T. (like what they're going to do with "SpringMan (Alts)" is replace it with SpringTron, or, they can make the SpringMan Assist Trophy appear only when SpringMan isn't the fighter you're fighting/using.

Min Min (Solo)/(Alts) - Last option for the most part: I'll like to copy and paste something "Axl" over on Star Road posted yesterday, so its just easier for me to explain the reasoning here.

"Anyways I saw stuff about this in Smashboards and I thought it was worth bringing up and making my own theory for, it kinda gives me some further reasoning into why I would expect Min Min if it's only one character (which is not something I am 100% on board with, btw)
The creator of ARMS, Kosuke Yabuki, is credited as a game supervisor for Smash Ultimate and has a bunch of other big positions for some of the Switch and Wii U's best-sellers
https://armswiki.org/wiki/Kosuke_Yabuki
In matches he's played, he uses Min Min in most cases, with the only other fighter used being Max Brass. His surprise performance at the ARMS open invitational with Min Min made a lot of waves, covered by a lot of YouTubers including Etika.
He even said himself in an interview that his favorite character is Min Min.
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/arms-postmortem-interview-kosuke-yabuki-twintelle We've seen characters getting picked based on developer bias before, especially with Terry and the extreme bulk of SNK content that Sakurai brought with it. So with Yabuki more than likely having a big role in picking the ARMS character as the creator of the series and a big part of Smash Ultimate's development, I could see his favoritism making some sort of influence in the pick. "

And I'll also link Blocked Content's video about the matter.

So that is my main reasoning behind Min Min.

It could also be one of the fighters represented through the emblems they decided to be the background of the ARMS character.
Which are..

Thats it, other picks could also be possible but I feel like the most likely outcome, is a upgrade.
Also with Jon from Gamexplain (A credible insider), saying it should break the dumb rule, then it likely will

So thats mostly it, I'll edit the post if any updates happens, good bye!

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Not to be like "lol dead game" but do people still talk about Astral Chain? I heard it for like a week after it came out and I haven't even heard that name come up since your post.

It's totally possible, but I also don't even know a single character from that game.
Unless they announce a sequel (which is in the realm of possibilties since its preform over expectation,) its pretty much dead unfortunally. I might been glad over Byleths inclussion, but I would much rather perfered Akira Howard (the main protagonist). There is extreme movepotential there... and the soundtrack... good lord, it would be epic to have in Smash. Why they gave them spirits so late is beyond me

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Except for this as the reasoning to axe Twintelle, I like your entire post.

Why they gave them spirits so late is beyond me
Because, like you said, it's dead and they at least wanted to give it a nod in Smash. No one's talking about it, no one has been talking about it, it took off worse than ARMS did. Hell, ARMS even outsold it by double by September 2018, and I'm too lazy to dig any deeper than that.

I'm sure the game's fine, it just, idk, it didn't grasp me and I still don't hear anyone talking about it to this day.
PS: I was even confusing it and Daemon X Machina constantly and I don't know what either game is about.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Because, like you said, it's dead and they at least wanted to give it a nod in Smash. No one's talking about it, no one has been talking about it, it took off worse than ARMS did. Hell, ARMS even outsold it by double by September 2018, and I'm too lazy to dig any deeper than that.
Here¨s the kicker though. They gave Daemon X Machina (another new IP) spirits right on cue close to its release, but not Astral Chain. That¨s what makes it so jarring to me. And yes, Akira Howards is on my "please upgrade" although I doubt it will happen compared to Geno who I think has a chance. Cross your fingers that there will be a sequel though :sadeyes:

PS - Astral Chain is the new IP that Nintendo had Platinum make for them about police force killing interdimensional monsters, and Daemon is that new mecha game who recently got to Steam.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Here¨s the kicker though. They gave Daemon X Machina (another new IP) spirits right on cue close to its release, but not Astral Chain. That¨s what makes it so jarring to me. And yes, Akira Howards is on my "please upgrade" although I doubt it will happen compared to Geno who I think has a chance. Cross your fingers that there will be a sequel though :sadeyes:

PS - Astral Chain is the new IP that Nintendo had Platinum make for them about police force killing interdimensional monsters, and Daemon is that new mecha game who recently got to Stream.
I'd love for Astral Chain to make it into Fighters Pass 2, as unlikely as it is. Who knows... considering Byleth was chosen for Fighters Pass 1 despite their game not even releasing yet, maybe we'll get lucky and Akira Howard will be chosen for a similar type of "character who was chosen the timing being against them" pick... and yeah, there's the Spirit Board event, but if ARMS can get a character and potentially prove that base game Spirits don't deconfirm, why not have Astral Chain do the same for post-release Spirit Board Events?

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I'd love for Astral Chain to make it into Fighters Pass 2, as unlikely as it is. Who knows... considering Byleth was chosen for Fighters Pass 1 despite their game not even releasing yet, maybe we'll get lucky and Akira Howard will be chosen for a similar type of "character who was chosen the timing being against them" pick... and yeah, there's the Spirit Board event, but if ARMS can get a character and potentially prove that base game Spirits don't deconfirm, why not have Astral Chain do the same for post-release Spirit Board Events?
They'd add Howard the main character, not Akira Howard, the non-playable twin who only uses a single archer legion.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The only chances I Astral Chain get in is if Platinum and Nintendo are planning a sequel, unfortunately.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just beat Smithy and finished SMRPG for the 2nd time again. The game was a breeze for me in my 2nd playthrough. Grinding surely does help make things easier.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Alright, I might as well post a wall of speculation.

So... Surprisingly, we'll be getting a ARMS character as Fighter Pack 6, the start of the pass.

ARMS, as a series, is very risky to represent as a fighter, so the character decision this time around will need to be smart on both ends in order to justify them being at the very start of the pass.
(Before I begin, I'll like to say that this ARMS rep, was likely never meant to be at the start of the pass, the fact its been September 2019 [when they started development on the fighters], to June? I doubt it. So this character will more likely then not will not represent a new protag for ARMS 2 as, ARMS 2 is likely early in development and the protag will still the same, being the SpringMan we have currently, so thank you.)

So, this character will need to be a "poster boy" of ARMS mostly, I doubt we'll be getting a character that is..
1. Only important in the lore that isn't even explained well in the game.
2. Not marketed to be a main focus of the game.

So, it'll more likely then not be a Main Protag, or, multiple of them.

I'll like to show something that "MyDude" sent over on the Star Road discord server..

"Green is for being heavyweight (i forgot to put green on Max Brass)
Blue is being too different functionally

Red is not being a competitor

Orange is already being a champion "

I'll like to give a reason to why being "heavy weight" matters.
It doesn't fully represent ARMS as a whole well, being a heavy weight ARMS character, when Sakurai and his team are on a time crunch, I doubt it'll be a serious ""complex"" character, when its already hard enough too do this style of fighting in the game itself.

Now, ARMS is already a series risky enough to represent as a whole, not really as marketable to the mainstream considering the fact its been dead for over a year and has been mainly forgotten about.

The ARMS rep will likely be somebody..
-Iconic to the ARMS series
-Requested in some form
-Marketable to a general public
-A Day One character too appeal more to the outsiders so they can know "hey this character is from ARMS!"

Taking all of that into account, I can safely remove a few options...

Mmmm, look at that, we have 4 options left, all make sense to be Fighter Pack 6 from a marketing standpoint, and a requested standpoint.
Now, with these 4 fighters, we can do a few things..

We can do...

SpringMan (With Alts) - How are they going to make this work? After all, every character has "different abilities", well... How about they make the "gimmick" of this fighter, unlike "reach" with Byleth, a form of "special moves."

Different Arms you can pick from on the selection screen/a in-game menu much like Hero's Spell Command Screen.
And to solve the issue that "Omg they have different abilities!!", well, they can combine abilities either in the fighter's moveset like Simon and Richter, or you can, once again, select what abilities you can use in a Hero Spell Command section type thing.
"Who will be the alts?' you might ask, well, its likely going to be the 4 up there..

SpringMan - Default
Ribbon Girl - Alt 2
Min Min - Alt 3
Ninjara - Alt 4.
And the rest of the alts will likely be recolors representing other characters.

(Also Nintendo does this thing where they say "Omg who is it going to be?", then it ends up being more then one, and ARMS is a series you can get a lot out of like that, and it makes too much sense to make our ARMS rep something like Hero.)
It can also be just SpringMan and Ribbon Girl
as alts. So, once again, its possible it could just be 2 alts.

SpringMan (Solo) - The easiest one to create, I will say this is a bit unlikely, but not impossible. The A.T. (like what they're going to do with "SpringMan (Alts)" is replace it with SpringTron, or, they can make the SpringMan Assist Trophy appear only when SpringMan isn't the fighter you're fighting/using.

Min Min (Solo)/(Alts) - Last option for the most part: I'll like to copy and paste something "Axl" over on Star Road posted yesterday, so its just easier for me to explain the reasoning here.

"Anyways I saw stuff about this in Smashboards and I thought it was worth bringing up and making my own theory for, it kinda gives me some further reasoning into why I would expect Min Min if it's only one character (which is not something I am 100% on board with, btw)
The creator of ARMS, Kosuke Yabuki, is credited as a game supervisor for Smash Ultimate and has a bunch of other big positions for some of the Switch and Wii U's best-sellers
https://armswiki.org/wiki/Kosuke_Yabuki
In matches he's played, he uses Min Min in most cases, with the only other fighter used being Max Brass. His surprise performance at the ARMS open invitational with Min Min made a lot of waves, covered by a lot of YouTubers including Etika.
He even said himself in an interview that his favorite character is Min Min.
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/arms-postmortem-interview-kosuke-yabuki-twintelle We've seen characters getting picked based on developer bias before, especially with Terry and the extreme bulk of SNK content that Sakurai brought with it. So with Yabuki more than likely having a big role in picking the ARMS character as the creator of the series and a big part of Smash Ultimate's development, I could see his favoritism making some sort of influence in the pick. "

And I'll also link Blocked Content's video about the matter.

So that is my main reasoning behind Min Min.

It could also be one of the fighters represented through the emblems they decided to be the background of the ARMS character.
Which are..

Thats it, other picks could also be possible but I feel like the most likely outcome, is a upgrade.
Also with Jon from Gamexplain (A credible insider), saying it should break the dumb rule, then it likely will

So thats mostly it, I'll edit the post if any updates happens, good bye!
Hey this is really helpful! As someone who hasn't played ARMS I was going to ask if some kind of customizable character(s) would be possible, so this kind of answers that to an extent.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So I just beat Smithy and finished SMRPG for the 2nd time again. The game was a breeze for me in my 2nd playthrough. Grinding surely does help make things easier.
The only times I ever grind in SMRPG is to get Fire Orb for Croco (as fire is Croco 1's weakness) and for Mallow's Lightning Bolt to do 30 damage to Mack's minions (to one shot them all). Outside of that, I never really felt a need to grind (except as a kid when I was a dumb stupid idiot and always took HP).

Fun fact: At Land's End when you get to the sand whirlpools, you can save at the save block, hit the star, kill a bunch of mobs, pay for the star downstairs, use that, then die in a battle. You'll be reset back at the area with the first star and have kept ALL of the XP you got from killing everything! You can reuse both stars as many times as you like and even leave them for later if you want. Definitely ensures you'll never have to grind for the rest of the game when this is a much quicker method.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only times I ever grind in SMRPG is to get Fire Orb for Croco (as fire is Croco 1's weakness) and for Mallow's Lightning Bolt to do 30 damage to Mack's minions (to one shot them all). Outside of that, I never really felt a need to grind (except as a kid when I was a dumb stupid idiot and always took HP).

Fun fact: At Land's End when you get to the sand whirlpools, you can save at the save block, hit the star, kill a bunch of mobs, pay for the star downstairs, use that, then die in a battle. You'll be reset back at the area with the first star and have kept ALL of the XP you got from killing everything! You can reuse both stars as many times as you like and even leave them for later if you want. Definitely ensures you'll never have to grind for the rest of the game when this is a much quicker method.
Yeah, the Paper Mario games and SMRPG are the only RPG games I have ever fully completely towards the end. I'm half way through Earthbound in the mines in the desert area outside of Onett.

Edit: Excuse me I mean Fourside.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So remember that circle jerk twitter thread from last night? Just found this *gem* that I hope is in the Geno BestGuyEver video:
(MOD EDIT: link removed; don't link to Twitter accounts in order to harass them.)
TL;DR: "Geno bad and irrelevant, kek". Oh man, the day he's revealed, I'm handing this to BestGuyEver immediately. Seriously this one toxic ***** inspired me to start a folder of people reeing over Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So remember that circle jerk twitter thread from last night? Just found this *gem* that I hope is in the Geno BestGuyEver video:
-Snip-
TL;DR: "Geno bad and irrelevant, kek". Oh man, the day he's revealed, I'm handing this to BestGuyEver immediately.
Geno is irrelevant? Irrelevancy has not stopped characters from getting in before. K. Rool, Banjo and Sora less annoying to see support for? Oh please, that is hardly a good reason, if at all.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Polarthief Polarthief To note, that tweet has swearing in it. Might want to link to it or something? Or black out the f-word and reupload it.
Sorry, I'm so desensitized to cursing that it's actually abnormal when I hang out in a no-cursing website like this >_>; Fixed it.

Geno is irrelevant? Irrelevancy has not stopped characters from getting in before. K. Rool, Banjo and Sora less annoying to see support for? Oh please, that is hardly a good reason, if at all.
Seriously. I also love seeing people spout lies like a "mediocre RPG", gee idk, the first RPG to try something with attacks and spells so you don't just sit there pressing the A button as you wait for battles to play out (*glares at Pokemon with battle animations on*).

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
EDIT: Here's a link because "cursing bad, ree". Starts with their final post because it's the easiest way to see the tweet chain.
TL;DR: "Geno bad and irrelevant, kek". Oh man, the day he's revealed, I'm handing this to BestGuyEver immediately. Seriously this one toxic ***** inspired me to start a folder of people reeing over Geno.
MisterMike MisterMike will remember this. :ultpacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If anything, this ari guy is the one being annoying, and not just toxic. What he says makes him more annoying than he says we are being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom