• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Why the heck is almost everyone so salty over an ARMS rep in Smash? I mean, there are worse things to get upset about, so why all the fuss over this?
Right, how dare Nintendo put Nintendo characters from unrepresented Nintendo universes in this Nintendo crossover game?
Because instead of sticking them in base, they gave us an Assist Trophy. Now all that work on the Assist Trophy was basically pointless *and* we're paying extra to get them in, while we're also losing a slot to a character that, again, should have just been in base.

It's just...boring? Why are they putting in a character from a 3 year old game that never took off like Nintendo wanted it too? An Arms rep was never super highly requested either, I'm not going to act like people didn't want them but you look at who people actually want upgraded and an Arms rep really isn't up there with a lot of the other characters. I'm just more confused than anything else.

I'd be more excited if they straight up smashed the deconfirmation rules but they didn't even do that.
100% this. Why were they not in base instead? That's the bottom line. This feels like a dumb pick because they chose not to put a character in base.

Just to point it out, Arms sold more in 2 years than SMRPG did in its entire initial run. It's hilariously hypocritical for anyone in this thread to start lobbing "not popular enough", "not relevant", or "forgotten and abandoned" at any other character, especially a first party character. We should all be better than that, but I guess some of us aren't.
Ah yes, a game from a pre-Internet time that also came out three months before the next (HUGE JUMP) console came out while being... how advertised was it in the 90s? I do not remember, probably not very advertised at all, at least in the West (and it literally didn't even reach PAL regions!).
Vs a game in post-Internet times that they wanted to take off and have eSports over, also on a console that is now outselling the SNES.

Even including Virtual Console releases, more than enough people had already pirated the game by the time they eventually heard about it since you couldn't simply buy SNES games by Gamecube times. That's an extremely unfair comparison and you know it.

I would assume because it is a new, well received, successful fighting game that doesn't have a playable fighter in Nintendo's crossover fighting game franchise. Or maybe ARMS is getting another wave of content or a sequel. Party Crashes are now back, so that's already something.
Then why the Assist Trophy? Why not... idk, have made Spring Man a character in BASE?

Well, I just want to point out saying things like "ARMS is a 3 year old game that never took off, and a character from that game was not super highly requested either.", among other things: Let it be known that people are trying to apply such logic to this character and situation, when such same, similar or different, but along those kind of lines logic has not stopped other characters, like Sonic, K. Rool and Banjo, among others from getting in the game as playables. Just saying.
But no one's saying it wasn't possible, we're just trying to wrap our heads around it.
Also, all of those characters you listed were excessively fan-requested; every single one of them. Outside of people questioning why Spring Man was an AT instead of in the game, I do not remember seeing the massive backlash from it like for Waluigi being an Assist Trophy. I didn't see anyone giving a crap about it. Now all of a sudden, people are acting like ARMS was heavily requested to be playable.

Well, while it wasn't my most wanted by any means, better we get a rep from a relatively new IP like Arms instead of a millionth Fire Emblem character :p
Well duh, no one is denying that, but we're still allowed to be disappointed if that's how we feel.

Like I said, for 6 to not be a promotion, they would have to swerve the characters that literally launched the franchise. That would be like if Metaknight had come before Kirby or Louie/Alph before Olimar or Corrin before Marth. It has never happened before (knock on wood) but they always do the main character/s that launched the series before they go into side characters and villains.
Stupid idea: Make it all 4 of them like another Hero/Bowser Jr.. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl (main 2), then also Ninjara and Min Min (most popular male and female). Sadly Twintelle sits out, but maybe Ribbon Girl could get her colors as an alt or something, and the Spring Man AT could change to her if an ARMS character is in the match.

I mean if Sakurai is saying to expect not-like-ARMS from this character (I'm paraphrasing), I could totally see him doing a mishmash of multiple characters, again like how Ness can use PSI powers he can't normally use in EB/Mother 2, or how Simon is using Richter's moves. This would be the best case scenario in making a ton of people happy instead of only fans of that one character, while also destroying *ALL* the fan rules that Spring Man's inclusion would bring!

Admittedly, I will be annoyed if this in the end actually turns out to be a new character from an ARMS 2 game.
It would be the biggest slap in the face that will likely be followed by Urshifu as the Gen 8 rep, oh look how convenient, Isle of Armor comes out in June, buy our DLC!

Well Arms was already represented, but i wouldn't be complaining if franchises like Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven were given proper major Fighters. In fact i would rather have that than any other Third Party character left that is not named Crash or Geno.
+1.

Firox

Smash Master
First off, those three were just examples. Plus, while the reasons AGAINST them may have been different, they do group with reasons like those AGAINST an ARMS character. Plus, ARMS is relatively new, and like I said, how are things like historical relevance going to stop ARMS from getting into Smash Bros, and how is it being a lesser franchise going to do the same? It is Nintendo's franchise, after all, and since Smash Bros. is also a crossover AND an Nintendo franchise, I am sure they can do what they want without having it make sense or have a good reason to the people seeing what is happening for them to add such characters in a Smash Bros. game.
I mean, if Nintendo wants to indiscriminately add their own characters to Smash, they obviously can. My only point was that ARMS doesn't really compare to the three you mentioned in pretty much any way I can see. I get what you're saying but I'm just personally cynical about Nintendo giving the general fanbase the shaft to serve themselves.

protoblues

Smash Cadet
This thread is in better shape than I expected after today's reveal! I'll try to contribute things that haven't already been discussed...

First, ARMS' sales on Switch were actually pretty strong at 2.2 million. That's higher than Xenoblade 2, though about the same if you consider X2 was released a few months after ARMS. That said, I think I can say with confidence ARMS cost a lot less to develop than X2. The game was probably very profitable. Thus, a sequel was probable on its own terms before the Smash reveal.

A lot of people have pointed out that no specific character reveal leaves open the possibility that the ARMS rep will be the face of the sequel, and the fighter and the sequel will be released together. I think this is a pretty good take, but what I want to add is that there is actually not a huge incentive for Nintendo to time ARMS 2 and the ARMS fighter together. Nintendo owns and controls the ARMS franchise, and adding a character to Smash raises the profile of that franchise. But it's not the kind of reveal that makes a huge splash and generates tons of free marketing. It's OK for Nintendo to use this as an opportunity to raise awareness of the ARMS franchise and increase it's value in the long term without capitalizing on the limited promotional value of an ARMS fighter announcement.

Let's get back to Geno. I think this reveal was neutral-positive Geno, but not for the reasons discussed in this thread. Before I get into that, I want to stress that Geno's situation is exactly the opposite of ARMS:
  • Geno's inclusion will generate a lot of conversation, which creates a quick burst of marketing value that can only be captured with a well-timed strategy;
  • Geno is not an IP Nintendo or a partner completely owns and controls. And he is not the face of a franchise for any company. So the long term value of his inclusion is probably low.
The reason today's Nintendo direct was more-good-than-bad for Geno is because we learned nothing new about what Intelligent Systems is doing. Intelligent Systems is one of the only actors who could reasonably execute any strategy to capture the value generated by Geno's inclusion. The door was left open for that possibility today. Do not spend too much time fretting about whether this rep will defy the no-spirits rule or how many "slots" are left for Nintendo -- these are not the kind of factors that drive real decisions.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Admittedly, I will be annoyed if this in the end actually turns out to be a new character from an ARMS 2 game. Nintendo, use characters that actually have fanbases at the time of reveal, please. Use someone from ARMS 1, not a promotion character from an unannounced sequel. It's one of the reasons people are annoyed at FE.

Anyway, I'm guessing this character will be released the same day as their E3 Direct which will show character 7.
With arms being a smaller IP, I doubt it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why ARMS being 6 is surprisingly even better for Geno than Waluigi would have been:

-All but a checkmate for a promotion but forcing haters to squirm for 2 1/2 months.

-Gets rid of the "two Mario characters back to back delima."

-Manages to support Power of Six even harder than Waluigi would have.

-Like Waluigi would have, confirms that 1 of the 6 companies was a straight Nintendo character, giving credence to the other theories of the remaining companies.

-Supports Mii Costume Guy's claim that at least two purely first party Mii costumes were coming.

-Shows that characters turned down for the base game were definitely reconsidered for Season 2.

Basically the last wall has all but fallen and most of our longest standing theories about what will be in Season 2 were supported. Today is a good day.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Why ARMS being 6 is surprisingly even better for Geno than Waluigi would have been:

-All but a checkmate for a promotion but forcing haters to squirm for 2 1/2 months.

-Like Waluigi would have, confirms that 1 of the 6 companies was a straight Nintendo character, giving credence to the other theories of the remaining companies.

-Supports Mii Costume Guy's claim that at least two purely first party Mii costumes were coming.

-Shows that characters turned down for the base game were definitely reconsidered for Season 2.

Basically the last wall has all but fallen and most of our longest standing theories about what will be in Season 2 were supported. Today is a good day.
This may be spiraling a little off topic, but do you think this opens things back up for Rex and Pyra? They seem like an enigma in the whole situation I can't quite place. Plus the Xenoblade pushing and all.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, if Nintendo wants to indiscriminately add their own characters to Smash, they obviously can. My only point was that ARMS doesn't really compare to the three you mentioned in pretty much any way I can see. I get what you're saying but I'm just personally cynical about Nintendo giving the general fanbase the shaft to serve themselves.
Those were just examples, like I said. Plus, the reasons against them can be grouped with the reasons against ARMS, no matter how different they are. Not to mention, that also applies to NON Fan requested characters like the ones I listed.

But no one's saying it wasn't possible, we're just trying to wrap our heads around it.
Also, all of those characters you listed were excessively fan-requested; every single one of them. Outside of people questioning why Spring Man was an AT instead of in the game, I do not remember seeing the massive backlash from it like for Waluigi being an Assist Trophy. I didn't see anyone giving a crap about it. Now all of a sudden, people are acting like ARMS was heavily requested to be playable..
Like I said, those were examples, and there are better examples, maybe the non fan requested characters. So what does Waluigi had to do with this? I am sure he is more fan requested, which may put him with the three characters I mentioned, so of course ARMS' assist did not get massive backlash. But people are trying to apply logic and make sense of this needlessly when, as I said before, they don't have to. The reasons against any character, no matter how different, can be grouped with each other in my eyes, no matter how different. There are reasons for any character not to get in, fan requested or not, and that applies to ARMS, too. Whatever character it is, that does not change Nintendo can do whatever they want. Heck! They could even have Sakurai throw in Bubsy from Accolade and his being not so popular would still not keep him from getting into the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It's great we are seeing progress for the Power of Six theory being correct. But I just hope we will get to see Geno sooner than later.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Honest question though: If you quickly dropped ARMS and regretted buying it, why would it deserve a spot? Sure, you could argue that an ARMS rep isn't a shill, but what about ARMS deserves it a place in Smash besides being a Nintendo IP? Does that mean that ANY Nintendo IP deserves a spot regardless of how unpopular it is? And if so, how does that not feel like a slap to the fanbase?
I didn't say it was unpopular. I said I didn't personally like it. Lots of people did. And there was a ton of support for Springman for the base roster. Also, I do believe any Nintendo IP that makes even remote sense for a fighting game deserves a spot on the roster. I personally wouldn't be hyped for it, but Rythm Heaven should get in too, as well as the old dead series like golden sun and custom robo. Maybe not all the retro games, you have to draw the line somewhere, but you'd have to be delusional not to see that arms is at least relatively significant. It's not some tiny forgotten game that no one cares about. People are just pretending that to justify their anger.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm the only one who's hyped for the ARMS character lol

(Also no new Mario game or BOTW 2 news AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHQHHWWUQOIEP)
No You’re not the only one I’m mondo excited too I can’t wait too see who it is! Arms was a solid game so I’m looking forward to who it is!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I didn't say it was unpopular. I said I didn't personally like it. Lots of people did. And there was a ton of support for Springman for the base roster. Also, I do believe any Nintendo IP that makes even remote sense for a fighting game deserves a spot on the roster. I personally wouldn't be hyped for it, but Rythm Heaven should get in too, as well as the old dead series like golden sun and custom robo. Maybe not all the retro games, you have to draw the line somewhere, but you'd have to be delusional not to see that arms is at least relatively significant. It's not some tiny forgotten game that no one cares about. People are just pretending that to justify their anger.
Ah, a psychological need, it may seem; people trying to twist the situation when it really is not that way.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
This may be spiraling a little off topic, but do you think this opens things back up for Rex and Pyra? They seem like an enigma in the whole situation I can't quite place. Plus the Xenoblade pushing and all.
With Rex, I think Sakurai specifically mentioned him as a character he wanted to make playable, but couldn't due to timing issues and had to settle for a Mii Fighter costumes. He also apologized to Rex fans for not making him playable. Depending on who the ARMS character will be, it could be a good sign for Rex being back on the table.

And to bring it back to Geno, assuming Geno was added in the base game as a Spirit for a similar reason (wanted to make him playable, but couldn't due to time constraints or rights issues or whatnot), ARMS getting a playable character could also be a good sign for him.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Because instead of sticking them in base, they gave us an Assist Trophy. Now all that work on the Assist Trophy was basically pointless *and* we're paying extra to get them in, while we're also losing a slot to a character that, again, should have just been in base..
It's almost like Sakurai specifically stated that ARMS and XC2 came along too late to get characters in the base roster

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
People will speculate that FP2 is full of Nintendo Characters ONLY, also they will use "hoes mad" memes despite being an.. Objetively surprising choice of a character.
I just want Geno so, whatever, I just hope Sakurai actually wanted to add an ARMS character, but we will never know, so I prefer to think that way.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
One thing you pointed out that makes a lot of sense is the fact that ARMS actually IS a fighting game, hence a pretty easy fit for Smash. I suppose in that regard, it wasn't that big of a stretch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno but I'm now entertaining the idea that I've been reluctant to consider for ages that Waluigi really might actually be one of the final characters added, potentially as a bonus. I'm now getting this picture that he was originally going to be at the end of the Fighter's Pass as a "thank you, now **** off" from Sakurai and now has, in an act of hilarious cruelty, been pushed back even further to the end of Ultimate DLC. I dunno. 16 dummy slots with 12 being accounted for. 4 "surprise" characters across Season 2 would be pure madness so I'm not going to lean too hard into that idea until more comes out to potentially support it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's almost like they specifically stated that ARMS and XC2 came along too late to be in the base roster
With ARMS getting a character, I would not be surprised if Rex isn't far behind.

Heck, it could mean the entire pass will be an "apology pass" of sorts with characters that couldn't make it to base or Fighters Pass 1... which, again, could bode well for Geno's chances, as well as those for Waluigi, Isaac, Shantae, Shadow, etc.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I knew about XC2, but could you point me to where he said that about ARMS? I do not recall ever once seeing/hearing that.
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...a-plant-character-changes-online-much-more/2/

"Sakurai: Looking at how things are now, it may seem like a strange omission that there aren’t any new fighters from “Xenoblade Chronicles 2” and “ARMS”. However, this is because they needed to be included from the very beginning at the planning stages."

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So the ARMS character is 100% going to be Springman, Ribbongirl, Min Min, Ninjara, or Twintelle. There's no way they'll go with anything more obscure than that. So spirits don't deconfirm. While this is good news, you know deep down that the new argument is going to be "well first party spirits don't deconfirm but third party ones do" or some **** like that. Because it was never about logic, it was always about gatekeeping.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am still subscribing mostly to Fatman's guess's at the time, however if there is yet another first party character after arms (like rex and pyra) i will reconsider how many third party will be in the pass.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...a-plant-character-changes-online-much-more/2/

"Sakurai: Looking at how things are now, it may seem like a strange omission that there aren’t any new fighters from “Xenoblade Chronicles 2” and “ARMS”. However, this is because they needed to be included from the very beginning at the planning stages."
Alright, fair enough. Totally fine in admitting I was wrong then. Rex is absolutely back on the table, so this could be an amazing year for XC fans.

So the ARMS character is 100% going to be Springman, Ribbongirl, Min Min, Ninjara, or Twintelle. There's no way they'll go with anything more obscure than that. So spirits don't deconfirm. While this is good news, you know deep down that the new argument is going to be "well first party spirits don't deconfirm but third party ones do" or some **** like that. Because it was never about logic, it was always about gatekeeping.
Lol didn't even think about that one, jesus CHRIST. I could totally see GameFAQs spitting that out constantly.

Also there's no guarantee, but yeah, I'm really hoping it won't be like the totem guy or Max Brass or something. Please Nintendo, at least pick the popular ones that also have Spirits.

I am still subscribing mostly to Fatman's guess's at the time, however if there is yet another first party character after arms (like rex and pyra) i will reconsider how many third party will be in the pass.
Another first party back to back would probably dip the third party support, yeah. I still have no doubts that we're getting Geno, I just hope the rest of your guys' picks don't get shafted. Crash, Dante, etc would start looking less and less likely.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
LOL Man, those fools who may end up saying something like that new argument you mentioned probably don't realize that it makes little sense to say that, and shows their bias even more, which is quite pitiful if you ask me; especially if they say third party spirits still disconfirm or something like that. It will be a good laugh to have when they attempt that kind of thing.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
LOL Man, those fools who may end up saying something like that new argument you mentioned probably don't realize that it makes little sense to say that, and shows their bias even more, which is quite pitiful if you ask me; especially if they say third party spirits still disconfirm or something like that. It will be a good laugh to have when they attempt that kind of thing.
Not to mention you'd have to specify "3rd party UNIVERSES of spirits deconfirm" and not "all 3rd party characters deconfirm", since Geno is still ever-so-partially 1st party because he's in a 1st party universe.

Edit: I don't even know what I was trying to say; I said it wrong, too lazy to edit it, you get what I mean. Geno's partially 1st party due to the universe he's from. You'd have to specify specifically something for him because "3rd party characters" don't 100% add him in too.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not to mention you'd have to specify "3rd party UNIVERSES of spirits deconfirm" and not "all 3rd party characters deconfirm", since Geno is still ever-so-partially 1st party because he's in a 1st party universe.

Edit: I don't even know what I was trying to say; I said it wrong, too lazy to edit it, you get what I mean. Geno's partially 1st party due to the universe he's from. You'd have to specify specifically something for him because "3rd party characters" don't 100% add him in too.
I can see that "third party spirits still disconfirm" won't even work against Geno, no matter how hard those guys try.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Can we appreciate how this character reminds us what is this all about?
They shadow dropped it inside a mini direct because it's not a "hype" character.
It's just a character for a game, extra content that, if you want, you can buy, no one forces you to do so.

I say this cuz I often forgot that this is just a game, speculation in the end is pointless, but it's funny to do so.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can we appreciate how this character reminds us what is this all about?
They shadow dropped it inside a mini direct because it's not a "hype" character.
It's just a character for a game, extra content that, if you want, you can buy, no one forces you to do so.

I say this cuz I often forgot that this is just a game, speculation in the end is pointless, but it's funny to do so.
So, what are the hype characters?

Don't get me wrong, by that, I mean when they are shown in June, how hype do you guys think they will be, especially compared to this ARMS character?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
So, what are the hype characters?

Don't get me wrong, by that, I mean when they are shown in June, how hype do you guys think they will be, especially compared to this ARMS character?
People get high expectation about characters, that's why they didn't announce it before hand, they just showed it, they just dropped it.
They know, (as they've shown during Byleth presentation) how the community reacts.
You won't see people jumping and screaming over an ARMS character like they did durin' Snake, sans or banjo Kazooie presentations (3 Differents examples)

An ARMS characters isn't a Hype character, and that's not bad at all.

A hype character comes from the word "hyperbole", A "Hype" character is a Character that produces joy, it produces excitement, nervousness, or high expectations on a huge amount of people, the field where these people gather the most are on speculation, on the idea of "what about a-"

I'm not saying an ARMS characters won't produce joy on some people, hell I love Lola and Twintelle but, was it really expected?

I think it could be called a Very Surprising Character, not a Hype Character for sure. (At least for me)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I can see that "third party spirits still disconfirm" won't even work against Geno, no matter how hard those guys try.
"Spirits of third party universes don't deconfirm, but any spirit who is either first or third party, in a, respectively, third or first party universe, does deconfirm".

Like how far does that goalpost have to be?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People get high expectation about characters, that's why they didn't announce it before hand, they just showed it, they just dropped it.
They know, (as they've shown during Byleth presentation) how the community reacts.
You won't see people jumping and screaming over an ARMS character like they did durin' Snake, sans or banjo Kazooie presentations (3 Differents examples)

An ARMS characters isn't a Hype character, and that's not bad at all.

A hype character comes from the word "hyperbole", A "Hype" character is a Character that produces joy, it produces excitement, nervousness, or high expectations on a huge amount of people, the field where these people gather the most are on speculation, on the idea of "what about a-"

I'm not saying an ARMS characters won't produce joy on some people, hell I love Lola and Twintelle but, was it really expected?

I think it could be called a Very Surprising Character, not a Hype Character for sure. (At least for me)
I see. So I guess you can say they are saving the best for last, or in this case, next. I do agree that an ARMS character would not be so considered a hype character.

Either way, though, I am excited to play as this character already, myself; whoever it may be.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
"Spirits of third party universes don't deconfirm, but any spirit who is either first or third party, in a, respectively, third or first party universe, does deconfirm".

You know where Shell City is? That far, multiplied by 20.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Man, now that would be just desperate. Can someone say they're "stretching it"? I think they would be if they said this. It's amazing how people look for excuses to make it so something is not the case or may not get in, isn't it?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace

The "rules" are gonna become structured specifically against Geno rather than just discard the idea as a whole.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As appreciative I am of 6 being ARMS, I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to bow out it's first party characters in Ultimate with it. I do agree, Waluigi finally having his day would have been a satisfying ending to first party content in Ultimate which is why I entertain the idea of more, even outside the Season 2 packs. Waluigi and the rumored Iwata tribute, maybe some echoes for those hypothetical 4 I talked about earlier.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
So, remember how Imran said Nintendo decided to do a second pass around E3 2019?
Well around that time Nintendo also finished up the results for a long-running ARMS event that was basically a popularity contest.
In the end, the winner was Min Min.
If it really is only one character and it isn't Spring Man, it will absolutely be Min Min, which is even better for us since she's a direct Spirit upgrade which opens the gate for Geno.
But I am still leaning towards Hero v2.

Attachments

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, remember how Imran said Nintendo decided to do a second pass around E3 2019?
Well around that time Nintendo also finished up the results for a long-running ARMS event that was basically a popularity contest.
View attachment 267230
If it really is only one character and it isn't Spring Man, it will absolutely be Min Min, which is even better for us since she's a direct Spirit upgrade which opens the gate for Geno.
That is a hell of a catch there. It could be possible that they wanted an ARMS rep in the pass, but uncertain who they would use. Would be incredible if Min Min was the rep.

Also, if/when these last bit of fan rules gets broken, new ones will be made to desperately keep supporters like us in check.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm 50-50, mostly because they said "THIS fighter's arms" and "A fighter from ARMS", so I really don't know.

Min Min would be neat though, at least as far as the spirits fanrule.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
View attachment 267230
Just to drive the spike in even harder, look at the characters that take up the most amount of space in the picture: Spring Man, Min-Min, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Twintelle.

Also, guys... Something to consider...

-More evidence that promotions are happening.

-Decent evidence that Geno is #77.

-Decent evidence that Geno is technically the first 2020 E3 reveal.

-Geno is the first heavily requested character in Season 2.

-Geno winds up literally being a beacon of hope to Smash during the worst global pandemic in 100 years.

Forget the Dunk of the Decade ™, this is turning into the Dunk of the Century ™.

90703052_210061916752928_8404204967576993792_n.jpg

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
-More evidence that promotions are happening.

-Decent evidence that Geno is #77.

-Decent evidence that Geno is technically the first 2020 E3 reveal.

-Geno is the first heavily requested character in Season 2.

-Geno winds up literally being a beacon of hope to Smash during the worst global pandemic in 100 years.

Forget the Dunk of the Decade ™, this is turning into the Dunk of the Century ™.
Promotions definitely seem likely, but it's still too early to say for sure. Maybe Sakurai was able to persuade Nintendo into a wacky pick and we get Helix lol. But what evidence do we have that Geno is #77? Did I miss something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom