• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You know, the whole situation is still strange. Earlier, Sakurai did say number 6 was almost ready? So ... How does this jive? I completely understand that Senior Corona has really affected things ... but to something that was almost done way back when? Also, Sakurai's tweet is specific that this fighter is taking more time.

Something doesn't add up.

Could it be ... they switched the order for whatever reason due to the virus and development? Something just honest seem to be tracking in light of Sakurai's tweet if we were to take it at face value about needing more time SPECIFICALLY for ARMS character.
Could be. Maybe original 6 was the original 5 that Sakurai wanted before FP1 was fully decided on, but an ARMS rep just does a better job opening the pass. While I'm disappointed in the series pick, it does ask the questions of what they're doing with ARMS and also "will this be a promotion that strips some fanrules?", and any character that creates more, better, speculation is always a positive thing. In the same way everyone was blindsided by Joker, we've been blindsided by ARMS even more, and there's the possibility of promotions which is very exciting.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
You know, the whole situation is still strange. Earlier, Sakurai did say number 6 was almost ready? So ... How does this jive? I completely understand that Senior Corona has really affected things ... but to something that was almost done way back when? Also, Sakurai's tweet is specific that this fighter is taking more time.

Something doesn't add up.

Could it be ... they switched the order for whatever reason due to the virus and development? Something just honest seem to be tracking in light of Sakurai's tweet if we were to take it at face value about needing more time SPECIFICALLY for ARMS character.
Ok seriously, WHEN DID HE SAY THAT ABOUT 6?

Not to personally get on you over this, but I keep seeing people say that for the last 2 months, WHAT IS THE SOURCE? If it's the tweet Sakurai made, I'm like 90% sure it was a mistranslation. He was saying it might take some time for 6 to be revealed, not that he could reveal six but chose not to.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
God the fact that they aern't revealing WHO the character is scares the hell out of me for some reason. Like, it could just be that they're having multiple characters in as alts of each other, or we get an echo fighter, but there's that possibility in my mind where we spend the next 3 months speculating about upgrades only to end up with someone who isn't a spirit/assist trophy, which would just cement those rules in even further, or, less likely, it's someone from an ARMS sequel and nothing changes either.

I just don't understand why they are leaving it so open.
Hardly anything new was announced and I think that was deliberate. So many things have been hard delayed so I don't think a lot of companies are ready to put out big announcements with how painfully ****ty and uncertain everything is right now.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I swear, if after all this secrecy it's just Springman I'm going to be so dissapointed.
I mean... he has proven to always go with the main characters/villains (with the exception of Dark Samus).
Corin instead of Azura
Chrom instead of Black Knight
Toon Link instead of the likes of Impa or Midna
Richter instead of Alucard
Dark Pit instead of Magnus or Medusa

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hardly anything new was announced and I think that was deliberate. So many things have been hard delayed so I don't think a lot of companies are ready to put out big announcements with how painfully ****ty and uncertain everything is right now.
Hopefully we're still getting a holiday 2020 title. It's gonna feel weird for them to show it off and heavily discuss it in June, but hey, I'm down I guess.
Also if I still get PM3, I'll end up happy.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
pinshadow pinshadow not sure if its just the rumors or something, gotta admit, hard to keep track.
Boom, here it is, PushDustin translastion of the tweet, it was a Google mistranslation, here's what he actually said.

"Might take some time". He never said anything about it being almost ready.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way, y'all.

We're getting an ARMS rep. Unless they break all the established conventions it's going to start with Spring Man, who is an AT. Best case scenario we get Ribbon Girl and Min-Min as well, who are super popular and Spirits.

Spirits don't deconfirm, there's your proof.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Look at it this way, y'all.

We're getting an ARMS rep. Unless they break all the established conventions it's going to start with Spring Man, who is an AT. Best case scenario we get Ribbon Girl and Min-Min as well, who are super popular and Spirits.

Spirits don't deconfirm, there's your proof.
It ain't over 'till it's over, and I'm not gonna celebrate until I see it for myself

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It ain't over 'till it's over, and I'm not gonna celebrate until I see it for myself
100% this. GenoFlash GenoFlash You have no idea who it's going to be. We can't assume anything when no one in their right mind would have assumed ARMS is getting a character. Assumptions is also how we got fanrules like "Spirits Deconfirm".

domriver

Smash Lord
Judging by Sakurai's tweet. Sounds like a case of
Sakurai: Here is our line up Nintendo 6-12 thru your proposals.
Nintendo: *ahem move (ARMS) to #6 **
Sakurai: but #6 is read....
Nintendo: No - ARMS is going to be #6 take your time.
Sakurai: Got it Boss!

Can we at least agree that an Arms character will surely be unique and interesting?
I agree.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Pretty much the fan rules with some people that still follows it now ARMS is extending for their chance to fight officially.
Screenshot_20200325-001310_YouTube.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Springman and Ribbongirl would make the most sense given, well, a lot...

-Already in the game as costumes and spirits.

-Were literally revealed together at the same time in 2017.

-Both on the ****in' game box.

-Both have similar fighting styles.

-Kind of genderbents of each other ala Wii Fit, Robin, Corrin, etc.

I could go on.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Welp, I figure it's time I post here about how I feel about all this.

So I woke up lazily and kinda did whatever I wanted because I figured even if a Direct happened today I would have enough time to prepare at least a little. Turns out I was wrong, but once again I'm glad I didn't record my reaction because there literally was no reaction aside from this.

1585238436975.png

Then I got to the Smash announcement, and my face changed to this.

1585238610417.png

So first out, I want to shout out a certain YouTuber.

**** ZERO RIGHT IN HIS MORE RECENTLY SKINNY ASS!

Seriously, YouTubers NEED to stop this **** with spoilers in their thumbnails and Twitter posts. I KNEW ABOUT THE ARMS REVEAL FOR SMASH BEFORE I KNEW THERE WAS A DIRECT BECAUSE ZERO'S STUPID ASS POSTED THAT SINGLE SOLITARY PICTURE AND TWITTER GOES BY NUMBERS AND RECENCY SO THERE WAS LITERALLY NO WAY TO AVOID IT DESPITE THE DIRECT VIDEO NOT EVEN BEING 30 MINUTES OLD!

With that out of the way, let's talk about how trash this Direct was.

I'm honestly surprised and pleasantly so that you guys haven't melted down into a new Ape Escape game considering we got the Direct but it sucked ass so bad we might as well of had nothing. I honestly expected to come in here and see as much rage as when Hero was announced right before Banjo or when Byleth was revealed, but you guys are keeping your composure thus far and I have to give you credit for that. Part of me is disappointed because I have a cretin side that wanted to lift joy from the rage I was expecting, but honestly I'm more happy with how collected everyone is.

So, going in order of reveals:

~XBC RE comes out in May. This Future Connected this is either a cute subtitle for XBC RE or maybe it's a hint towards XB crossovers, idk, not a XB dude.
~Getting Bioshock, Borderlands and XCOM collections is pretty neat. I love Borderlands, but I've played them all, so it won't make me buy a Switch.
~More DLC for Ultimate Alliance 3. That's cool, but it's a janky as hell game that not many care about. Doom is cool though. Mr. Beardtastic phoned it in though.
~Shiseikai is a cool indie title. Not a AAA announcement though.
~Jesus Christ, more AC AND it's just an update about something we knew about already.
~Good Job is a cute indie title. Not a AAA announcement though.
~Catherine Complete Edition is cool I guess. Still love how much Nintendo self-censors over gore and sexual themes in their Directs.
~Ring Fit DDR and QoL updates. Cool beans.
~King Bounty II...never heard of the first one. Isn't that graphically appealing, seems a bit weak in that department. Feels like an indie title honestly.
~
~We get it: Smash reveal into promoting the game tied to that reveal. Difference here is, no one cares about ARMS and it's way past it's relevance.
~Bravely Default II looks pretty solid, love the art direction. Square is king of JRPGs as per usual.
~WHY IS THE BOARD GAME COLLECTION THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS DIRECT?! WHYYYYYY!
~Oh look! Splatoon 0.5 that won't be nearly as popular and is likely to die off quickly. One can hope though, as despite being so Splatoon it hurts, being almost all melee and ninja-themed is somewhat appealing to me.
~Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? The old klunky racing game will be coming back? Panzer Dragoon game that was forgotten about and released unceremoniously? Not really captivating here.
~Trials of Mana, random mix track mixer, Bethesda Sucks Medieval Mobile Game, Warhammer strategy game, ANOTHER survival battle royal game, Remaster Kinda Cool Racing Game, Saints Row IV trying to compete with Skyrim for re-releases, random JRPG that seems VERY forgettable consider it's the third in the series in I haven't heard of the first two, IS THAT ****ING DIG-DUG?!, Meinkruuf: Diablo Edition. Nothing here was really that big of a deal.
~FINISH YOUR GAME AT LAUNCH SO I CAN CARE ABOUT YOUR DLC! Also, the animation on Urshifu's special moves is JUST as laughably hilarious as Yveltal doing Twinkle Tackle. GAMEFREAK, PLEASE ACTUALLY TRY FOR ONCE!

So, this makes up the entire Direct, and minus the horrid character choice for Fighter #6, this Direct was a gigantic ****ing flop to the point where they should have just said to wait for June on Twitter and dropped all of these announcements individually and waited on Smash until June. Why do I say that?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING HERE AT ALL!

This Direct Mini consisted mainly of talking about games or additional content we already knew were coming while the only new announcements were for small games or ports and no big AAA reveals. Honestly, we didn't need a Direct for any of this at all. No Mario, no Zelda, No Metroid, No Bayonetta...this was just a waste of time to put together honestly. The only things really worth anything at all were the release date for XBC RE that people had been dying for, Bravely Default II because Square has gotten their **** back together and is making only good content again, and a ****ing collection of 51 games.

Oh boy, now we get into the real deep issue here that will get everyone against me super fast.

Wouldn't you ****ing know it, Nintendo pulled a Nintendo! Here we were, all theorizing between rumors and actual information that something big would happen...and Nintendo said 'Wait until June for anything good.' which is fine, but then they take all the hype and build up and theories and feedback about what characters people want to see in Smash...AND THEY REVEAL AN ARMS CHARACTER! They took all of it and tossed it into the trash. But it gets evern WORSE because they didn't even bother to reveal WHICH ARMS character it will be! So much for FP6 being ready to reveal already, huh Sakurai? Had to be mistranslated at this point...or was it?

For all of you arguing 'this isn't a shill pick because X reason (game is old, likely no ARMS 2, yadda yadda)' did you forget the fact that they pushed that dead game IMMEDIATELY after that semi-reveal? How about Sakurai's new post saying that Nintendo pushed this one on him? What about it being the first reveal and not being ready to reveal who it is despite Sakurai saying FP#6 was ready? Almost sounds like Byleth wasn't received well and Sakurai knew there was yet another unwanted pick forced by Nintendo, so he revealed them early to get the disappointment out of the way. Also, did you guys forget how ARMS was shoved down our throats a few years back? They wanted this to be the next big new IP, the next Splatoon, and apparently they STILL haven't given up that hope just yet.

This was the worst possible choice for a the first reveal of Vol 2. Why? It's an EXACT repeat of Byleth: 1st Party character that no one really asked for that most Smash fans didn't even think could ever happen instead of literally any heavily-requested or even mildly-requested character...but it's WORSE this time! Having doing so RIGHT AFTER pissing everyone off with Byleth and DAYS AFTER your pass can be physically bought yet STILL not ACTUALLY revealing which character it is, but only the franchise it's from? If it had been Mario or Sonic or Zelda or just about any other franchise, this would have worked well as there would have been a bunch of positive speculation about who the character would be, but since it's ARMS literally 1% of Nintendo fans give a **** about who it is, it's just speculation on how disappointed we will be with the rest of the Vol 2 choices.

Literally the ONLY positive talk about this right now is that, depending on who they pick, it will destroy stupid fan rules. We aren't hyped for the character choice, we aren't hyped about what this could mean for the rest of Vol 2, we aren't wanting to buy the pass based off this lackluster semi-reveal: we are hoping that, AT BEST, the pick BTFOs some whiny and non-critical-thinking Smash fans and naysayers. It gets even WORSE though, because we wait until June to see if that even happens because if they pick someone who isn't Springman or Ribbongirl, then it's just for Spirits and not costumes or Assist Trophies and on top of ALL THAT there are enough characters in ARMS that if they only pick one they could EASILY pick one not already in Ultimate for new representation which would essentially all but BTFO those of us who fight for Spirits not deconfirming. That's not even talking about how they could spin this in a way to push an ARMS 2 which, although incredibly unlikely, isn't past Nintendo and would honestly be horrible because no one wants and ARMS 2.

Meanwhile, it destroys hope for certain characters while only possibly giving a smidgen of hope for others although not really because until those characters are revealed they stay stuck in limbo no matter what arguments we make or what non-official information we get. It also leaves us with concern and more questions: Why did Sakurai say #6 was ready only for Nintendo to reveal it's NOT almost ready. Was there a switcharoo due to Corona and Nintendo wanted their character to be the first out in response? Was this always planned and Corona delayed it until June? Was this always planned for June and there is a double reveal? Tune in three months from now to hopefully find out if the whole world doesn't collapsed from stupidity before then.

I pray that if we DO get an ARMS character that isn't in Ultimate already, at least make it Lola Pop so we can all make memes about how much of a clown Nintendo is when it comes to decision making.

I bet that the ARMS character will be really cool and unique and I will buy them and enjoy them for sure, but this was just the absolute worst way to lead the pass. Nothing is for certain and Nintendo still does whatever the **** they want and we just hope they listen from time to time.

I may need a break.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Springman and Ribbongirl would make the most sense given, well, a lot...

-Already in the game as costumes and spirits.

-Were literally revealed together at the same time in 2017.

-Both on the ****in' game box.

-Both have similar fighting styles.

-Kind of genderbents of each other ala Wii Fit, Robin, Corrin, etc.

I could go on.
Does this change much of what you were thinking or does it really only put the purple pie man into question?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If this fighter is for ARMS 1 (Not a sequel or new DLC fighters) it would have to either be Spring Man and/or Spring Man & Ribbon Girl (ALT).

It would be odd to NOT use the main character for the game/franchise.

Firox

Smash Master
And as someone who quickly dropped ARMS and regretted buying it, this is absolutely not a shill pick. It deserves the spot.
Honest question though: If you quickly dropped ARMS and regretted buying it, why would it deserve a spot? Sure, you could argue that an ARMS rep isn't a shill, but what about ARMS deserves it a place in Smash besides being a Nintendo IP? Does that mean that ANY Nintendo IP deserves a spot regardless of how unpopular it is? And if so, how does that not feel like a slap to the fanbase?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Welp, I figure it's time I post here about how I feel about all this.

So I woke up lazily and kinda did whatever I wanted because I figured even if a Direct happened today I would have enough time to prepare at least a little. Turns out I was wrong, but once again I'm glad I didn't record my reaction because there literally was no reaction aside from this.

View attachment 267120

Then I got to the Smash announcement, and my face changed to this.

View attachment 267121

So first out, I want to shout out a certain YouTuber.

**** ZERO RIGHT IN HIS MORE RECENTLY SKINNY ASS!

Seriously, YouTubers NEED to stop this **** with spoilers in their thumbnails and Twitter posts. I KNEW ABOUT THE ARMS REVEAL FOR SMASH BEFORE I KNEW THERE WAS A DIRECT BECAUSE ZERO'S STUPID ASS POSTED THAT SINGLE SOLITARY PICTURE AND TWITTER GOES BY NUMBERS AND RECENCY SO THERE WAS LITERALLY NO WAY TO AVOID IT DESPITE THE DIRECT VIDEO NOT EVEN BEING 30 MINUTES OLD!

With that out of the way, let's talk about how trash this Direct was.

I'm honestly surprised and pleasantly so that you guys haven't melted down into a new Ape Escape game considering we got the Direct but it sucked ass so bad we might as well of had nothing. I honestly expected to come in here and see as much rage as when Hero was announced right before Banjo or when Byleth was revealed, but you guys are keeping your composure thus far and I have to give you credit for that. Part of me is disappointed because I have a cretin side that wanted to lift joy from the rage I was expecting, but honestly I'm more happy with how collected everyone is.

So, going in order of reveals:

~XBC RE comes out in May. This Future Connected this is either a cute subtitle for XBC RE or maybe it's a hint towards XB crossovers, idk, not a XB dude.
~Getting Bioshock, Borderlands and XCOM collections is pretty neat. I love Borderlands, but I've played them all, so it won't make me buy a Switch.
~More DLC for Ultimate Alliance 3. That's cool, but it's a janky as hell game that not many care about. Doom is cool though. Mr. Beardtastic phoned it in though.
~Shiseikai is a cool indie title. Not a AAA announcement though.
~Jesus Christ, more AC AND it's just an update about something we knew about already.
~Good Job is a cute indie title. Not a AAA announcement though.
~Catherine Complete Edition is cool I guess. Still love how much Nintendo self-censors over gore and sexual themes in their Directs.
~Ring Fit DDR and QoL updates. Cool beans.
~King Bounty II...never heard of the first one. Isn't that graphically appealing, seems a bit weak in that department. Feels like an indie title honestly.
~
~We get it: Smash reveal into promoting the game tied to that reveal. Difference here is, no one cares about ARMS and it's way past it's relevance.
~Bravely Default II looks pretty solid, love the art direction. Square is king of JRPGs as per usual.
~WHY IS THE BOARD GAME COLLECTION THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS DIRECT?! WHYYYYYY!
~Oh look! Splatoon 0.5 that won't be nearly as popular and is likely to die off quickly. One can hope though, as despite being so Splatoon it hurts, being almost all melee and ninja-themed is somewhat appealing to me.
~Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? The old klunky racing game will be coming back? Panzer Dragoon game that was forgotten about and released unceremoniously? Not really captivating here.
~Trials of Mana, random mix track mixer, Bethesda Sucks Medieval Mobile Game, Warhammer strategy game, ANOTHER survival battle royal game, Remaster Kinda Cool Racing Game, Saints Row IV trying to compete with Skyrim for re-releases, random JRPG that seems VERY forgettable consider it's the third in the series in I haven't heard of the first two, IS THAT ****ING DIG-DUG?!, Meinkruuf: Diablo Edition. Nothing here was really that big of a deal.
~FINISH YOUR GAME AT LAUNCH SO I CAN CARE ABOUT YOUR DLC! Also, the animation on Urshifu's special moves is JUST as laughably hilarious as Yveltal doing Twinkle Tackle. GAMEFREAK, PLEASE ACTUALLY TRY FOR ONCE!

So, this makes up the entire Direct, and minus the horrid character choice for Fighter #6, this Direct was a gigantic ****ing flop to the point where they should have just said to wait for June on Twitter and dropped all of these announcements individually and waited on Smash until June. Why do I say that?

This Direct Mini consisted mainly of talking about games or additional content we already knew were coming while the only new announcements were for small games or ports and no big AAA reveals. Honestly, we didn't need a Direct for any of this at all. No Mario, no Zelda, No Metroid, No Bayonetta...this was just a waste of time to put together honestly. The only things really worth anything at all were the release date for XBC RE that people had been dying for, Bravely Default II because Square has gotten their **** back together and is making only good content again, and a ****ing collection of 51 games.

Oh boy, now we get into the real deep issue here that will get everyone against me super fast.

Wouldn't you ****ing know it, Nintendo pulled a Nintendo! Here we were, all theorizing between rumors and actual information that something big would happen...and Nintendo said 'Wait until June for anything good.' which is fine, but then they take all the hype and build up and theories and feedback about what characters people want to see in Smash...AND THEY REVEAL AN ARMS CHARACTER! They took all of it and tossed it into the trash. But it gets evern WORSE because they didn't even bother to reveal WHICH ARMS character it will be! So much for FP6 being ready to reveal already, huh Sakurai? Had to be mistranslated at this point...or was it?

For all of you arguing 'this isn't a shill pick because X reason (game is old, likely no ARMS 2, yadda yadda)' did you forget the fact that they pushed that dead game IMMEDIATELY after that semi-reveal? How about Sakurai's new post saying that Nintendo pushed this one on him? What about it being the first reveal and not being ready to reveal who it is despite Sakurai saying FP#6 was ready? Almost sounds like Byleth wasn't received well and Sakurai knew there was yet another unwanted pick forced by Nintendo, so he revealed them early to get the disappointment out of the way. Also, did you guys forget how ARMS was shoved down our throats a few years back? They wanted this to be the next big new IP, the next Splatoon, and apparently they STILL haven't given up that hope just yet.

This was the worst possible choice for a the first reveal of Vol 2. Why? It's an EXACT repeat of Byleth: 1st Party character that no one really asked for that most Smash fans didn't even think could ever happen instead of literally any heavily-requested or even mildly-requested character...but it's WORSE this time! Having doing so RIGHT AFTER pissing everyone off with Byleth and DAYS AFTER your pass can be physically bought yet STILL not ACTUALLY revealing which character it is, but only the franchise it's from? If it had been Mario or Sonic or Zelda or just about any other franchise, this would have worked well as there would have been a bunch of positive speculation about who the character would be, but since it's ARMS literally 1% of Nintendo fans give a **** about who it is, it's just speculation on how disappointed we will be with the rest of the Vol 2 choices.

Literally the ONLY positive talk about this right now is that, depending on who they pick, it will destroy stupid fan rules. We aren't hyped for the character choice, we aren't hyped about what this could mean for the rest of Vol 2, we aren't wanting to buy the pass based off this lackluster semi-reveal: we are hoping that, AT BEST, the pick BTFOs some whiny and non-critical-thinking Smash fans and naysayers. It gets even WORSE though, because we wait until June to see if that even happens because if they pick someone who isn't Springman or Ribbongirl, then it's just for Spirits and not costumes or Assist Trophies and on top of ALL THAT there are enough characters in ARMS that if they only pick one they could EASILY pick one not already in Ultimate for new representation which would essentially all but BTFO those of us who fight for Spirits not deconfirming. That's not even talking about how they could spin this in a way to push an ARMS 2 which, although incredibly unlikely, isn't past Nintendo and would honestly be horrible because no one wants and ARMS 2.

Meanwhile, it destroys hope for certain characters while only possibly giving a smidgen of hope for others although not really because until those characters are revealed they stay stuck in limbo no matter what arguments we make or what non-official information we get. It also leaves as with concern and more questions: Why did Sakurai say #6 was ready only for Nintendo to reveal it's NOT almost ready. Was there a switcharoo due to Corona and Nintendo wanted their character to be the first out in response? Was this always planned and Corona delayed it until June? Was this always planned for June and there is a double reveal? Tune in three months from now to hopefully find out if the whole world doesn't collapsed from stupidity before then.

I pray that if we DO get an ARMS character that isn't in Ultimate already, at least make it Lola Pop so we can all make memes about how much of a clown Nintendo is when it comes to decision making.

I bet that the ARMS character will be really cool and unique and I will buy them and enjoy them for sure, but this was just the absolute worst way to lead the pass. Nothing is for certain and Nintendo still does whatever the **** they want and we just hope they listen from time to time.

I may need a break.
It was a mistranslation, I have no idea why people keep pushing it, read my post earlier in the thread.

I agree with you man but you don't need to write a 4 page essay about it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know about you guys, but Assist Trophy/Spirit promotion Pass would be a lot more hyped than a 3rd party Pass.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I kind of get that feeling too. Sounds like Nintendo hard pushed for ARMS to be first which kind of makes me feel even more smug because I told you all that Nintendo always puts itself first and basically did this with Smash 4 and Season 1 of Ultimate too with Plant.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

I agree.
THE TWEET WAS MISTRANSLATED BY GOOGLE PLEASE STOP SAYING HE SAID 6 WAS READY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Boom, here it is, PushDustin translastion of the tweet, it was a Google mistranslation, here's what he actually said.

"Might take some time". He never said anything about it being almost ready.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
What if Geno is done? And is just... sitting there?

EDIT: NVM just saw the Push Dustin tweet

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of how an ARMS character and Rayman can be in a single trailer similar to Ken and Incineroar and now I need this injected directly into my veins. Also, Geno would be nice.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
1001% this. Every day I know there's a Direct the next day, I turn off all my chat programs (like Discord) and make sure that the only thing on my screen when I wake up is Nintendo's Twitch account with the chat hidden. That crap is absolute cancer and people need to stop spoiling.

I agree that there was nothing, but honestly, at least now we're not like "DIRECT THIS WEEK?!" and instead we now know nothing else is being shown off until June. I'm just as massively disappointed as you, but I super disagree with them waiting until June. At least they got this out of the way so now we should have an amazing Direct in likely under 3 months, yeah? ;)

Literally the ONLY positive talk about this right now is that, depending on who they pick, it will destroy stupid fan rules.
Back to agreeing here. This is only assuming if they pick one of the 5 Spirit characters (who could also destroy a few other rules).

I may need a break.
Another thing we agree on! I was royally pissed myself today, but you're full on raging. I hope you're okay and this doesn't affect your body because man I can feel your actual frustration behind that text.

"Should". It still means nothing until it actually happens.

I just thought of how an ARMS character and Rayman can be in a single trailer similar to Ken and Incineroar and now I need this injected directly into my veins. Also, Geno would be nice.
Oh that's actually a good point. I didn't even think of something like that. Kencineroar 2.0 would be ARMSMan... RayARMS?
... well crap, if it's Spring Man and Rayman, we're basically screwed on coming up with a good mashup. SpringRay/RaySpring just sounds weird.

What if it's Twintelle and as she stops time, Dialga comes in and is like "OH *HELL* NAW!". Dialga confirmed for slot 7.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Right on, my dude. Exactly this. It's obvious that Nintendo wanted ARMS to be the next big IP and when it missed, they figured Smash could revive it.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So guys, I've got even worse news.

There are five character spots left and one of them is taken up by something no one wanted really.

This could mean that the backlash for characters like Rex and Pyra was heard and that we will get more 1st Party characters.

"How is this bad in any way?" you may ask? Welp, most of the character people have been theorizing about and REALLY want to see get in are 3rd Party. If Rex and Pyra get in as well, that's only four slots left. If Nintendo went ham we could get all 1st Party which screws over the likes of any Capcom rep, Sora and Geno, Crash, the works! It would be excellent for Waluigi and Isaac fans and maybe Bandanna Waddle Dee/Dixie Kong/Krystal fans, but it would suck majorly for literally everyone else out there.

Fortunately, Sakurai mentioned that he's unable to visit with other businesses other than Nintendo in his recent Famitsu article, so I'm positive we won't get Nintendo-only characters for all 6, but having the chances of two-four of them being Nintendo characters would be really dicey for us and the bigger fanbases out there.

Let us pray that the ballot and data collected from years ago is still a big motivators for character inclusions.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I kind of get that feeling too. Sounds like Nintendo hard pushed for ARMS to be first which kind of makes me feel even more smug because I told you all that Nintendo always puts itself first and basically did this with Smash 4 and Season 1 of Ultimate too with Plant.
So you basically agree with the motion that we are most likely getting an ARms 2?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Don't you mean "Let's get this show on the Star Road!"?
Nope , it's Star Street , you got it wrong.
I mean that's what the nimbus King told me

But yeah , my final stance for ARMS rep :
Spring Man with others characters as alts , possibly some stuff from a potential ARMS 2 / ARMS DELUXE
A stage with every character as a background cameo (and obviously Twintelle get Mai'd)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well... that happened. A suprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Not a lot there that really interested me, but it was by no means bad at all.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles DE getting what's basically a postgame DLC chapter was a nice suprise.
  • Ring Fit Adventure getting a rhythem game mode was pretty cool as well.
  • The Pokemon SwSh DLC still isn't really grabbing me, but then again neither did the main game. It's nice that you get some cool bonuses for preordering and completing the whole game, but it does little to ameliorate my worries about it being too small and short.
  • Splatoon with Ninjas looks fun.
  • Lots of ports and timed exclusives, which is always great.
Easily the biggest news to come from this was the very odd reveal for FP6. We're getting an ARMS character! I think the fact that they called this an ARMS Character rather than naming someone specific is because they plan to pull a Bowser Jr. or a Hero and have half of or each of the alts be a different character. I mean, why not reveal who the character is specifically if you're already naming where that character comes from? Unless you plan to do something really crazy with them, as Sakurai is known to do. And what would be crazier than having 4 or 8 of the most popular ARMS characters get into Smash as one fighter?

Also, since the 5 most popular ARMS characters are already Spirits/Costumes in the main game (Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min-Min, Twintelle, and Ninjara), and I honestly can't imagine them going with anyone else aside from one of them, I think it's safe to say that Spirits disconfirming characters is finally officially dead. Now perhaps I shouldn't be spiking the proverbial football so soon, but I think it's almost guarenteed that we'll be getting at least Spring Man or Ribbon Girl as part of this ARMS character. I mean, they're the faces of the series, how can you NOT have them get into Smash as playable in some way when you're planning on including an ARMS fighter? Unless they want to pull a fast one on us and have that character be Max Brass or Dr. Coyle alone, I see this as being all but guarenteed.

This bodes well for any characters who already have Spirits in-game, most notably our boy Geno. Other such characters include Rex & Pyra/Mythra, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, Waluigi, Isaac, Lyn... basically a lot of characters. Now I'm not saying that all of these guys are actually going to get in, of course, but it certainly helps their case.

Now I've heard it suggested that this ARMS character could be a promotional pick for an upcoming ARMS 2, and I honestly don't believe they'd do that. We've very rarely had characters get into Smash before their own game was released, but this would be the first instance of a character getting into Smash before their debut game was even revealed. They'd have no idea if the character would even be liked by the playerbase, and I think they know well enough that people would greatly prefer to get an ARMS character or characters that we already like, so I honestly don't believe they'd do that.

Hey Nintendo... I wanna play a little game.

From this day onward, every week we go without a Direct, I will spell out a new letter from a specific word on your unrelated tweet.
The clock is ticking. You wouldn't want to offend anyone, would you?

View attachment 267065
(this is a joke btw I'm not gonna actually do it)
I'll take "Instant Irony" for 300, Alex!
I know this was just a joke, but still.

>An ARMS rep
>have to wait 3 months to hear more about them

Congrats to the two people that wanted an ARMS rep. Really starting off this season pass strong, huh?
While this admittedly isn't the knockout we were all hoping for, and waiting until E3 the smoking crater that used to be E3 to know who it is, I wouldn't say this is entirely bad at all. A lot of people actually did want/expect an ARMS character for DLC, and the implications of their inclusion bode well for many more characters, more specifically Geno and Rex & Pyra/Mythra. In other words...
AnAbsoluteWinForGeno.png

I bet a leg Arms 2 is currently in development.
It wouldn't suprise me, either. While ARMS wasn't as big as Splatoon, it still did very well for itself as a new IP. I think the only thing that it was missing was a story mode of sorts to really flesh out the world.

So... what are everyone's thoughts on Cacamallow now? If it was not dead before, it sure feels dead now.
I still think it's in the running, especially considering what an ARMS character would bring with them in terms of Mii Costumes. Byleth brought us a couple Capcom Costumes, a couple Ubisoft Costumes, and the Cuphead Costume. The ARMS character could very easily do the same, which could bring this supposed Cacodemon Hat to the game.

Genos fans right after hearing that it's ARMS rep VS Geno fans 2 minutes later discussing who it could be upon realizing that an ARMS rep may help our cause
Honestly, I think this newfound relative peace has much more to do with us finally having some idea what's coming up next than it does implications it has for Geno. Ever since Terry was released, we've been pulling our proverbial hair out over who/when the next DLC character will make themselves known. Will they be revealed during TGAs? A February Direct? A March Direct? WILL WE EVER HEAR ANYTHING FROM NINTENDO AGAIN?! And now, for the first time since September 2019, we finally know what's coming up next. For the time being we can finally relax and wait patiently for ARMS-kun to drop into our laps.

Watch: Fighter 6 is gonna be Spring Man but it'll be his new design from an Arms sequel so he doesn't count as deconfirming spirits or ATs because excuses
I can hear the goalposts being moved as we speak.

Okay stop with the "ARMS 2" character crap. They literally showed a screen of all the ARMS characters in the first one. It's obviously going to be one of them. No ARMS 2 has even been announced.

This is also not a shill pick in any way. Arms came out years ago. Of course they put out a demo for the game after the character was announced. People are going to want to get familiar with the source material. It would be stupid not to. I swear, literally any 1st party character that has had a game since the GameCube is a "shill pick" to you people. Calm down.
Which is extra funny considering everyone and their dog were saying that an ARMS character was a lock for Ultimate before the game even came out. I guess we now know who was being a bandwagoning bundle of sticks then, don't we?

There will be 4 fighters repping ARMS, because:

A [surprise pick]
R ibbongirl
M inmin
S pringman

View attachment 267114
I appreciate the meme, but did you really need to post nudity, too?
Where's the Geno Hat?:ultpacman:

There's no way this could be a Bowser Junior/Hero situation. Anyone who says that has obviously not played arms. The characters are all very very different. There's more to the game than just the extendable arms.
True, they all play differently, but Smash is no stranger to homogenization. Simon and Richter for example both use moves from eachother: Simon can perform the slide, uppercut, dash attack and Grand Cross from Richter, whilst Richter can do the little whip dangly thing that Simon did in Super Castlevania. I think it's possible that they'll just take each character's gimmick and roll them into one fighter:
  • Low health attack boost from Spring Man
  • Triple Jump from Ribbon Girl
  • Super Armor/Counter Move from Master Mummy (pretty sure he has a counter move)
  • Laser Arm from Min-Min
  • A bunch of other ones, too

I don't even know anymore because Corona has ****ed so much up. "E3" will definitely be interesting this year.
E3 this year will be a single man standing in an empty venue livestreaming himself revealing new games like a drunk for an hour. Everyone will applaud, calling it the greatest E3 presentation ever.

I love how everyone on the "Spring Man" Twitter trend are all like "OMG IF SPRING MAN IS IN, ATs DON'T DECONFIRM!" and no one is mentioning Mii Costumes and Spirits.
One thing at a time, man. One thing at a time.

I know. Man, things could not get any worse right now.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
but having the chances of two-four of them being Nintendo characters would be really dicey for us
3u68w0.jpg

I know you didn't say he's not getting in Smash, but I wanted this to be a catch-all for anyone thinking he's not in/doubting his chances. Plus I just really wanted an excuse to use this meme template.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As much as I would love Lyn in the game, I don¨t think the Smash fanbase would survive a 9th Fire Emblem character. Then again, there is a rumor of a Fire Emblem 7 remake :joyful:

I know you didn't say he's not getting in Smash, but I wanted this to be a catch-all for anyone thinking he's not in/doubting his chances. Plus I just really wanted an excuse to use this meme template.
I would not call the copyright takedown as proof of him being a character though concidering they took down two Undertale and Sans is a costume

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As much as I would love Lyn in the game, I don¨t think the Smash fanbase would survive a 9th Fire Emblem character.
Definitely this. She's the only FE character I'd probably be okay with at this point. I wouldn't even accept an Axe/Lance-user anymore since we just have too many FE characters, but Lyn will always hold a special place in my heart as my first FE game.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
We're in a truly interesting situation Genobros. We know that a character from ARMS is coming to Smash and the two poster children for the game - Spring Man and Ribbon Girl - are already in the game as an Assist and spirit respectively. They will either add Spring Man (probably with Ribbon Girl as an alt) and finally break the mold of characters already in the game being promoted playable, or they will pass over the two poster children for the game to add someone who already isn't in the game (that takes Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle, and Ninjara out of the running), which will not look good for promotions going forward.

We truly are in the endgame now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom