• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
You know what?
I'm just happy that Nintendo decided to shill something else that isn't Fire Emblem.
Good for them.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You know what?
I'm just happy that Nintendo decided to shill something else that isn't Fire Emblem.
Good for them.
Let's just hope Pokemon isn't next, unless it's Toxtricity.

Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , how are you feeling about your proposed "they'll be done by early/E3 next year" with regards to reveals? I really don't see them revealing the ARMS character, #7 and #8 in June; I just don't see that happening at all.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Yeah, I have to agree with Sigran101 Sigran101 here.

You guys are being way too pessimistic about a supposed "ARMS 2" being unveiled along with the character reveal. All this talk of cross-promotion with Smash and other recent titles has become so overblown in speculation, whereas most people are expecting a new "rep" for BOTW 2 (despite us knowing next to nothing about the game yet) while others are also expecting a new Pokemon from Gen 8 make it in with a cynical manner.

There's been absolutely nothing in the cards to suggest ARMS getting a sequel anyway.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Because either A) COVID19 made them unable to make a proper trailer or B) they don¨t want t to announce the sequel yet (if there is one). But sure, I give you the Mewtwo one
How are either of those reasons they would give us a list of the characters it could be and then not use a character from that list?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Man I sure am dissapointed...
at how lots of people are acting in this thread right now.
Now I don't really like how ARMS plays but I do like the world and characters of ARMS. I also suspect that an ARMS character will be quite unique and fun to play as (compared to the JRPG trio from the last pass), so I'm quite happy with this choice altogether. The only way this would turn bad if there is in fact an ARMS 2 and it's a brand new character AKA a shill pick, but there really isn't any evidence for that right now.

Also, would Nintendo really show the ARMS cast for us to speculate on and then say, "Lol jk, here's someone that just exists now, go **** yourselves."?

Firox

Smash Master
I mean, was Fire Emblem underperforming in Japan when Melee came out?
To be fair, FE was almost non-existent in the west during Melee. Since then, the franchise has exploded in popularity and become one of Nintendo's staples.

D

Deleted member

Remember when Castlevania came to Switch because Simon and Richter showed up in Smash? Remember when Metroid got a new game because Ridley and Dark Samus showed up in Smash? Remember when Persona 5 came to Switch because Joker is in Smash? Remember when King of Fighters... whatever one we're on is on Switch because Terry showed up in Smash? Remember when Banjo Threeie got made because Banjo is in Smash? Remember when Byleth was added to Smash half a year after his game came out?

Characters getting added to smash doesn't mean anything for their game getting a sequel or a release in the near future. Chill. Sometimes it happens to line up, not all the time.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
How are either of those reasons they would give us a list of the characters it could be and then not use a character from that list?
That¨s the thing. Unless we have a Bowser Jr/Hero situation, I cannot fathom why they would not only show the specific character it is, if it is from the first game. People would understand if they haven¨t managed to fix a proper trailer with the whole covid19 pandemic going on. Especially when they addressed the virus before the direct even started. But maybe that¨s me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, will this be our last first party rep then for Ultimate, most likely?
That’s kind of disappointing. Especially since they most likely open up the gates for first party assist/spirit promotions and give us ARMS, practically one of the least requested promoted characters instead of Waluigi or Isaac. Not that I’m complaining as it heightens Geno’s chances. I still have a slimmer of hope that they’re saving Waluigi for the very end, but I’m probably just too hopeful.
Seeing how this happened, I'm not ruling out Waluigi at some point. My theory about 6 being first party for a variety reasons including the goofy level of secrecy surrounding it was confirmed so, if there is more first party characters, they'll probably blindside us too. Like I said, I wasn't expecting this outcome but this is actually better for a lot of reasons.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Given the nature of Fighter Pack 6's announcement, and Covid-19 being a global menace, I feel like it's time... time for me to finally retire from the Smash speculation scene.
I've been doing this since pre-Brawl, and you know what?
I'm done, I just can't go on anymore.

To my knowledge, no insider or leaker has ever mentioned an ARMS rep as a potential DLC Fighter.
And to me that's like, what were we doing with our lives?
Seriously, wasting precious hours, those hours turn into days, then weeks, on meaningless back and forth discussions that never go anywhere.
And then we end up with this?
Like what the ****?!

**** this.
I don't regret buying Fighters Pass vol.2, I'm not even mad we're getting an ARMS rep if it means Min Min could potentially make it into Smash.

I just want to stop this Smash news obsession, analyzing every little detail, and scoping Nintendo's twitter account for any new announcements.

Speculating on new Smash games, and potential newcomers used to be fun, but now...
I don't know what it is, but it's far removed from fun.
It's tiring, exhausting.

I'm sorry if this came out of nowhere to some of you, I don't think I even tried to interact with any one of you before on any subject that's not Smash DLC.

Geno thread, I hope you get your guy.
I hope you get to see Geno kick ass as a playable character in Ultimate.
But you'll have to continue without me, I will still look forward to Smash news, but I will do so from a casual's perspective.
I can no longer keep up with leaks, rumors, and theories.
I'll go back to a time when Internet culture didn't yet exist, not in its current form at least.

With that said, I bid you farewell my brothers and sisters.
Wish the very best for all of you.

Firox

Smash Master
We should be since this is great for Geno, but now everyone is upset because apparently any 1st party character is automatically a shill pick.
I guess there's a fine line between sarcasm, exaggeration and a lack or reading comprehension.

D

Deleted member

Given the nature of Fighter Pack 6's announcement, and Covid-19 being a global menace, I feel like it's time... time for me to finally retire from the Smash speculation scene.

To my knowledge, no insider or leaker has ever mentioned an ARMS rep as a potential DLC Fighter.
Seriously, wasting precious hours, those hours turn into days, then weeks, on meaningless back and forth discussions that never go anywhere.
Like what the ****?!

**** this.
I don't regret buying Fighters Pass vol.2, I'm not even mad we're getting an ARMS rep if it means Min Min could potentially make it into Smash.

I just want to stop this Smash news obsession, analyzing every little detail, and scoping Nintendo's twitter account for any new announcements.

Speculating on new Smash games, and potential newcomers used to be fun, but now...
It's tiring, exhausting.

I'm sorry if this came out of nowhere to some of you, I don't think I even tried to interact with any one of you before on any subject that's not Smash DLC.

But you'll have to continue without me, I will still look forward to Smash news, but I will do so from a casual's perspective.
I'll go back to a time when Internet culture didn't yet exist, not in its current form at least.

God bless buddy, do whatever makes you feel happy.

OffBi

Smash Ace

Like what the ****?!

**** this.

It's tiring, exhausting.

Best of luck to you old friend
Long live the geno cult

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Seeing how this happened, I'm not ruling out Waluigi at some point. My theory about 6 being first party for a variety reasons including the goofy level of secrecy surrounding it was confirmed so, if there is more first party characters, they'll probably blindside us too. Like I said, I wasn't expecting this outcome but this is actually better for a lot of reasons.
you think waluigi and geno in the same pass is still possible?

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe how the DS only has one debut character and it's a Pokemon.
What games even had big debut characters on the DS,? Like there stuff like nintendogs and brain age, but I'm struggling to think of anything else.

Like what the ****?!

**** this.

It's tiring, exhausting.

Sucks to see you go, but I get exactly where you're coming from. Happy trails.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there are any Geno rumors from Nintendo but none from Square, don’t you think he should of been kept a better secret like Byleth or ARMS?

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Remember when Castlevania came to Switch because Simon and Richter showed up in Smash? Remember when Metroid got a new game because Ridley and Dark Samus showed up in Smash? Remember when Persona 5 came to Switch because Joker is in Smash? Remember when King of Fighters... whatever one we're on is on Switch because Terry showed up in Smash? Remember when Banjo Threeie got made because Banjo is in Smash? Remember when Byleth was added to Smash half a year after his game came out?

Characters getting added to smash doesn't mean anything for their game getting a sequel or a release in the near future. Chill. Sometimes it happens to line up, not all the time.
This is entirely based on false parallels. Simon, Ridley, and Banjo all happened by fan request. Joker was a relevant character acting as the face of a major modern franchise that has been around for decades. Terry was the face of a significant historical fighting franchise. Arms is a three year old dead franchise with a single title, there was relatively little request for this character, and alongside this reveal they've suspiciously made that three year old dead title free to play for a bit. This isn't undeniable confirmation of a new ARMS title, but it's perfectly reasonable for people to speculate that Nintendo intends to do more with the franchise that they've mysteriously revived in this direct.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

A million times this! Arms is a decently well know Nintendo IP that did not yet have a character. It makes perfect sense to add one. It doesn't have to be because of a sequel. Smash Bros. Characters are rarely added just to coincide with a new game.

Edit: I would also say that if ARMS 2 is happening then ARMS deserves a rep even more. Because then it's a 1st party franchise not yet on the roster, not just a game.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

Like what the ****?!

**** this.

It's tiring, exhausting.

You know what? You are SO right! ROFLMAO! It was all for nothing! The only reason to speculate is for fun, but more often than not it's just stressful and disappointing. And did we even manage to predict ANYTHING?! No! lol Not a damn thing (except for maybe B-K and kinda Hero). We scrutinize every little fart and hiccup that Nintendo lets slip, every tweet, every snippet of Sakurai scraps....and in the end, all "insiders" fail and we get broadsided pretty much every time. If there's anything to take away from Ultimate and its DLC, it's that NOTHING is a lock until it is. NOTHING is guaranteed and there is no real point trying to predict the unpredictable. So why torture ourselves waiting for information that never comes or clues that never amount to anything???.....

.....sorry for the rant. For some reason, the nihilism really hit me hard just now.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I love how everyone on the "Spring Man" Twitter trend are all like "OMG IF SPRING MAN IS IN, ATs DON'T DECONFIRM!" and no one is mentioning Mii Costumes and Spirits.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Do you guys think this pass will be mostly/all first party? Maybe the budget isn't as large this time, so it would be cheaper just to add first party characters. Plus didn't they say the characters were already decided like back in November? But yet he said an Arms character was a recent request by Nintendo? What if the Corona virus has impacted development much more than we first thought, and since they can't meet with other publishers, they decided to add their own characters instead?

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Can't believe how the DS only has one debut character and it's a Pokemon.
Some of the things that wasn’t pointed out is that
-Lucas is originally from Mother 64 on the N64.
-Lucario has technically started in GBA during the first PMD game.
-Sonic has technically started in an arcade racing game called Rad Mobile.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I love how everyone on the "Spring Man" Twitter trend are all like "OMG IF SPRING MAN IS IN, ATs DON'T DECONFIRM!" and no one is mentioning Mii Costumes and Spirits.
I will say this: If AT's not longer deconfirm, then nothing else does either. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that AT's were regarded as the most definitive kind of roster death there was. If a fully realized version of the character can be retooled into a fighter despite literally ALREADY being in the game, then there is no logical reason why a PNG or a costume would stand as any greater of an obstacle.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The Castlevania collection is on Switch
Persona 5 Scramble is arriving on Switch
Metroid Prime 4 is in development.
We also got Hero arriving close to Dragon Quest 11
Byleth came out the same day they revealed the trailer for the last pack of the DLC
We also have a **** ton of SNK games on Switch already.
But sure, we do not have a Banjo Kazooie 3

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You guys must really hate the smash 4 roster. Because by these standards, it was 90% shill picks. Villager for new leaf, Rosalina for 3D World, Greninja for X and Y, Palutena for Uprising, Shulk for Xenoblade (X?), And Robin and Lucina for awakening. Yet somehow no one complained about "shill picks" back then.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
For sure. I actually really doubt it's Springman anyway. I'm betting on Min Min.
I think her, Twintelle, or they could do echoes/another Bowser Jr.. I mean, someone did mention how Ness isn't truly Ness from Earthbound, which makes sense. Simon also has some of Richter's moves, so... yeah, that does give some possibility of see Spring Man stopping time or Twintelle getting extra jumps.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I really, really don't think they'd just be like "OK YOU WAITED TIL JUNE, HERE'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS just spring man lol get ****'d".

You guys must really hate the smash 4 roster. Because by these standards, it was 90% shill picks. Villager for new leaf, Rosalina for 3D World, Greninja for X and Y, Palutena for Uprising, Shulk for Xenoblade (X?), And Robin and Lucina for awakening. Yet somehow no one complained about "shill picks" back then.
A shill pick doesn't sting nearly as bad when they come with a ton of other characters and you're not paying extra for them as DLC.

Let's look at the Smash 4 DLC: Corrin is the only one that fits as shill, and guess who was the one character people were PISSED OFF about?

Last edited:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Imma say this Byleth came with Rabbid hats
The Arms rep can easily come with a certain demon hat confirming a certain image from some time back

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I think 6 is 100% Springman. As I’ve said in the past, main characters get into Smash and Springman is the one front and center on the box. AT’s, spirits, and Mii costumes don’t deconfirm. Pop open a bottle boys.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Imma say this Byleth came with Rabbid hats
The Arms rep can easily come with a certain demon hat confirming a certain image from some time back
This for sure. I have had a feeling for awhile that CacoMallow is pointing to Doomguy *NOT* getting in and Geno will be. Cacodemon could fit in any non-SE pack. Mallow would have to come with an SE character (unless SE wants to not be a diva), and who else would Mallow come with besides Geno? If Geno wasn't getting in, I don't see why any other SMRPG content would suddenly.

Btw, where were the complaints that Inkling was a shill for Splatoon 2 and Isabel was a Shill for NH hmmm?
Again, base vs extra DLC you have to pay for.

I think 6 is 100% Springman. As I’ve said in the past, main characters get into Smash and Springman is the one front and center on the box. AT’s, spirits, and Mii costumes don’t deconfirm. Pop open a bottle boys.
Eh. Ribbon Girl isn't on the box but she's just as much of a main character as he is.

I'm still thinking it's a multi-character reveal, either echoes or Bowser Jr/Hero-esque. Whoever mentioned the Ness thing really changed my mind on that.

There's currently 5 ARMS characters represented and 2 made the top 3 most popular when Nintendo did an official poll back in 2017:

https://nintencity.com/news/top-three-popular-arms-characters

All things considered, I could see the ARMs character being multiple in one but we'll see how things play out.
What was this poll based on? Fan-submitted answers? I never remember seeing it and 2 of these 3 are completely unexpected.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest. Looking back at the Smash 4 roster, I didn't get any of my most wanted but there are quite of few characters I like. Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Duck Hunt, and even Robin I find fun to play as and I didn't dislike any of the other ones (except for Little Mac but that's only because I think he is poorly designed and is not fun to play as or fight him).

Smash 4 DLC is a whole different story where the veterans I liked but didn't care much for the newcomers and the last two are some of my most hated characters.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
This for sure. I have had a feeling for awhile that CacoMallow is pointing to Doomguy *NOT* getting in and Geno will be. Cacodemon could fit in any non-SE pack. Mallow would have to come with an SE character (unless SE wants to not be a diva), and who else would Mallow come with besides Geno? If Geno wasn't getting in, I don't see why any other SMRPG content would suddenly.

Again, base vs extra DLC you have to pay for.

Eh. Ribbon Girl isn't on the box but she's just as much of a main character as he is.

I'm still thinking it's a multi-character reveal, either echoes or Bowser Jr/Hero-esque. Whoever mentioned the Ness thing really changed my mind on that.
Ribbon girl is on the box too.

Yeah a Bowser Jr situation seems entirely possible, but I think costume 1 will be Springman

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J8akT3ndo

We finally got something.

It’s not the best Direct but still some good news.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition looks solid, and Bravely Default II looks great.

Pokemon Sword and Shield’s Expansion Pass looks awesome too for the Isle of Armor and Kubfu Urshifu as well.

Finally Arms will be the sixth character of Fighters pass 2.

I actually was able to try out a Demo for Arms when the Nintendo Switch first released so I’m good with this.

Hope it’s Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, or Min Min.

Thank you Nintendo I look forward to June now carry on your business in peace knew you’d come through!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ribbon girl is on the box too.
I am big dumb. Had to go pull out my ARMS box because it's been so long.

So yeah, that just makes her all the more likely. She's *JUST* as main as Spring Man. Plus, there's a standalone female rep that we didn't get in FP1.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
God, we could be waiting up to 2 years after CacoMallow to find out if it's real or not. Imagine they had Mii costumes done for all the characters done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom