• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not to my knowledge, but I did make this a while back which covers a few things regarding it. I'm actually a bit interested in making such a post now.
The timer being paused like the Ken leak is really suspicious to me. I don’t know how you can do that to fake the leak. Was Sakurai using the development build in the Hero presentation? The timer wasn’t running down unless I’m missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

link2702

Smash Champion
this doomslayer isabelle meme is so hilarious. It makes absolutely no freaking sense whatsoever and is absolutely absurd.

Add in the Isabelle likes Whiskey meme and it makes it all the funnier.

....Bit jealous that now isabelle is his best buddy instead of Geno.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
My big fear is him getting a Premium Mii Costume ala Sans and CupHead. A worse fate then Assist Trophy in my opinion.
This is an unreasonable fear, allow me to explain why yet again.

~We know that Square likes money for their IPs. Why would Square renegotiate to have a better costume made and to offer a music track for $.75 when they could instead bring back the old costume for much less effort and time spent and still make the same amount of money?
~We have had three moments already that would have been perfect to bring back Geno's costume: Mii Wave 2 with Hero, and Mii Waves 3 and 5 who just had random costumes that had nothing to do with the character releasing alongside them, both new and returning costumes at that. Yet Geno's costume is still missing and on top of that, Square likes to keep their toys separate from the other kids and normally Square stuff is only shown with other Square stuff, yet Hero got the least amount of Mii costumes coming with him and not a single returning one. Really makes you wonder...
~All the premium costumes have been reserved for indie characters thus far, as it's the best way to feature them by making a Mii look perfectly like the character and featuring their most popular music track. Geno is not an indie character and he's not in the position of one either.

With that out of the way, I thought I would let you guys here that are anime fans know that I'm watching Jojo with a buddy for the first time. We both thought it was too weird to watch but it got to the point for us like it did for me with Attack On Titan where we wanted to know why the anime was so popular and I personally wanted to understand the Jojo memes a bit better by having watched the series.

Welp, we are as of right now on Episode 11 (we just finished Jonathan's arc) and we plan to watch more tonight once my friend gets back from grabbing some snacks (typing this out while I wait). Straizo is officially an asshole for killing Speedwagon, the best sidekick character ever made. Also, my official tier list of anime characters I cannot do anything but hate has been changed: Myne from Shield Hero used to be my number two most hated character, but now Dio has knocked her down a peg for what he did to Jonathan. Dio, Cuck Master Supreme.

If you are wondering, Griffith is my Number One. I doubt any single character could make me hat them more than I do Griffith. **** Griffith.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The timer being paused like the Ken leak is really suspicious to me. I don’t know how you can do that to fake the leak.
If people are able to mod stuff like this into the game, then freezing the timer would be rather trivial.

Was Sakurai using the development build in the Hero presentation? The timer wasn’t running down unless I’m missing something.
He was, but the timer was counting down as normal, which makes sense since it's for a live demonstration.

I guess since we're on the topic of this, I should mention that one thing people claim is proof of the CacoMallow Post's illegitimacy is the fact that there aren't two zeroes in front of the timer as seen in the Ken Leak. While this is true, the current dev build that was shown during Hero's presentation lacks the extra zeroes as well.

With that out of the way, I thought I would let you guys here that are anime fans know that I'm watching Jojo with a buddy for the first time. We both thought it was too weird to watch but it got to the point for us like it did for me with Attack On Titan where we wanted to know why the anime was so popular and I personally wanted to understand the Jojo memes a bit better by having watched the series.

Welp, we are as of right now on Episode 11 (we just finished Jonathan's arc) and we plan to watch more tonight once my friend gets back from grabbing some snacks (typing this out while I wait). Straizo is officially an asshole for killing Speedwagon, the best sidekick character ever made. Also, my official tier list of anime characters I cannot do anything but hate has been changed: Myne from Shield Hero used to be my number two most hated character, but now Dio has knocked her down a peg for what he did to Jonathan. Dio, Cuck Master Supreme.
As a fellow JoJo afficionado, I'm very pleased to see you getting into the series. I hope you and your friend have a great time with the rest of the first season. And if you hate Straizo now, just wait until the real villain gets involved. He's gonna get you all kinds of crossed. :ultpacman:

If you are wondering, Griffith is my Number One. I doubt any single character could make me hate them more than I do Griffith. **** Griffith.
Dude, that's pretty brutal.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Really? Because I feel like it is the next best thing to a playable character.
I'm one of the few that finds Assist Trophies more of an honor than Mii Costumes.

The way I see it is, Mii Costumes:

~Don't always look 100% like the character
~Don't all come with music
~Have another character's moveset that sometimes fits them and most times doesn't fit at all.
~Most aren't of the same quality as the "Premium Costume."

While Assist Trophies:

~Have unique moves that represent them.
~Are normally of higher quality.
~Feel like an unplayable character rather than just a skin over someone else.
~Depending on the character, actually stick around to fight with you.
~Gives off the feeling of summoning a special ally.

So, while Mii Costumes are just playing pretend with the Halloween Costume you bought for $.75, Assist Trophies are like actually summoning that character to aid you for a period of time, thus they are truly in the game but are not playable versus being a hollow shell of a facade.

It's like fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom 1 or many anime fighter who have characters that can only be assists like Aquapazza: Would you rather take a costume or a color pallette that makes another character who doesn't truly look like them and doesn't sound, act, or play like they would...or actually have the character in the game in a way that can affect gameplay albeit in a minor way.

If Geno had no chance to be playable, and I had to pick between his costume returning and him being an AT, I'd pick AT because instead of playing dress up as my boy I could summon him to aid me in battle for a bit.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
This is an unreasonable fear, allow me to explain why yet again.

~We know that Square likes money for their IPs. Why would Square renegotiate to have a better costume made and to offer a music track for $.75 when they could instead bring back the old costume for much less effort and time spent and still make the same amount of money?
~We have had three moments already that would have been perfect to bring back Geno's costume: Mii Wave 2 with Hero, and Mii Waves 3 and 5 who just had random costumes that had nothing to do with the character releasing alongside them, both new and returning costumes at that. Yet Geno's costume is still missing and on top of that, Square likes to keep their toys separate from the other kids and normally Square stuff is only shown with other Square stuff, yet Hero got the least amount of Mii costumes coming with him and not a single returning one. Really makes you wonder...
~All the premium costumes have been reserved for indie characters thus far, as it's the best way to feature them by making a Mii look perfectly like the character and featuring their most popular music track. Geno is not an indie character and he's not in the position of one either.
I do feel like his design would be alright for these “premium” mii costumes. Lol but I could also just see the same old costume coming back.

We are still missing quite a few costumes, some could just not be coming back or in my opinion probably just purposely left for season 2.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Really? Because I feel like it is the next best thing to a playable character.
It's always better than nothing. However, I would rather keep my hopes alive for the real deal. If it super unlikely or we see another SE character take his place. (Like if 2B or Sora show up instead) then I would rather get something out of it. I still think the Mallow Mii Costume is legit. It just doesn't guarantee that Geno is a fighter.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Spam/off-topic
Funny how even with Byleth's release , people have been waiting since Terry for the next most exciting character to be revealed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anybody still a believer in the Smithy Mii costume leak that had Smithy, Mallow, Goemon, and Team Rocket? I still believe in it especially due to the fact Goemon and Team Rocket were in that leak 2 months before their Mii costumes were revealed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anybody still a believer in the Smithy Mii costume leak that had Smithy, Mallow, Goemon, and Team Rocket? I still believe in it especially due to the fact Goemon and Team Rocket were in that leak 2 months before their Mii costumes were revealed.
I mean it hasn’t been debunked yet, so yeah I think the leak is still in play.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I say 50/50

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
My grandpa's SNES has no obscure characters, Kaiba!
View attachment 266299
If you can , I would love to see the others parts.
Tbh , i'm tired of everyone pulling the Culex+Peach card combo on me , so this would be really useful :4pacman:

Also , after thinking about it , I'm fairly confident that we'll get a direct next week. If they were able to host a Nindie direct , an AC direct , and the Byleth presentation , they can do that. And while I think Fighter 6 and maybe 7 are done , I still wonder how they'll handle the situation.

In any case , if I could say anything about Fighter Pass 2... It's that this pass has an higher chance on focusing on fans for a simple reason : Ultimate is already almost one year and a half old.
It seem silly , but after this much time , most of the general and casual audience move on from following news concerning the game. However , the game will still sell regularly , but the casual and general audience become less invested for the game news. (Granted , most of the big hitters of the Switch lacked DLC (MK8D , Splatoon 2 (EDIT : My b , forgot Octo Expension), Mario odyssey , ect...) so it's a pretty unique situation)

So logically speaking , they would prefer to focus on the Nintendo audience and Smash fans , people that are the most likely to buy DLCs. Remember that you had to pay 25 dollars for 5 characters , compared to the content of the base game , it's a lot of money , especially if you don't play these characters competitively or for hours. So , a 30 dollars Fighter pass ? These two pass + plant are at the same price as the base game.

However , I admit that it's a reoccuring problem with Fighting games DLCs.
The main difference between Smash , and , as an example , Dragon Ball FighterZ , is the competitive side.

Smash Ultimate welcome both the casual crowd and competitive crowd.
However , even if you're competitive , you could technically ignore the DLCs if they don't interest you. The worst part is that you can't lab combos , kill confirms on them... And even then , in some cases , you could practice them on characters with a similar body type and weight. But , most of the time , competitive players are still bound to pay for some DLCs , just to get a new main or secondary , get a legal stage , or for practice mode stuff.

The thing is , for a casual player... Not having the DLCs won't make the experience incomplete. They already have a 80 characters roster to play with , 100 stages , story mode , everything that come with the game. Removing 5 characters from the equation don't make the game feel that lacking for a casual player. Those would just be small bonus for them. (And if they want to have a complete roster , it's because they became invested enough in the game to become a Smash fan , they're no longer just a simple casual player. Not anything against casuals , but if you're willing to spend 60 dollars on top of a 60 dollars game , it's that you love the game , so you're probably a fan of it.)

So , to compare it with FighterZ... The base game will feel very incomplete , a good 40% of the roster is DLC , and you start with like , 20 characters.
Furthermore , the base game has a story mode and arcade mode , but the main focus of the game will remain the classic 3vs3 matches , so the competitive side. Unless you're a huuuuge Dragon Ball fan , you need to be a competitive player in order to keep interest in the game. And not having access to a third of the roster is a big problem in that case , it's not just 5 characters out of 80.
So in that case , the first few DLCs were still characters that even casual Dragon Ball fans knew , but the midde to recent DLCs were characters from Super , the most recent show , and fan favorites. So they focused on their core audience to be sure to sell their DLCs , instead of constantly trying to appeal everyone.

---

And I genuinely think that , right now , they really will apply this mentality : By focusing on Nintendo fans and Smash fans , since those are the most likely to buy DLCs.
So... Yeah , that's one of the things that make me confident in Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now do the other 4 pieces. Assuming you did this one.
Careful what you wish for.
yugi.png

Fun fact, in the original manga version of the card game, players swung at each other's monsters until they ran out of deck. There were no life points and really weren't that many spells and traps. The player with the most attack points in their graveyard was the loser, since that meant their strongest monsters had been beaten. With rules like that, it meant that having Exodia in your deck literally was an unstoppable win just waiting to happen.

For your ****posting pleasure, here are the rest of the pieces of Geno the Forbidden One.
forbidden.jpg forbidden2.jpg forbidden5.jpg forbidden3.jpg forbidden4.jpg

Firox

Smash Master
Careful what you wish for.
View attachment 266379

Fun fact, in the original manga version of the card game, players swung at each other's monsters until they ran out of deck. There were no life points and really weren't that many spells and traps. The player with the most attack points in their graveyard was the loser, since that meant their strongest monsters had been beaten. With rules like that, it meant that having Exodia in your deck literally was an unstoppable win just waiting to happen.

For your ****posting pleasure, here are the rest of the pieces of Geno the Forbidden One.
View attachment 266374View attachment 266375View attachment 266378View attachment 266376View attachment 266377
Aaaah, good times. Who doesn't love a children's card game where losing meant getting your soul eternally banished to the shadow realm?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I would say 75% because of the leaker guessing the Goemon and Team Rocket Mii costumes. So out of left field to have guess those costumes unless the leak is real.
I¨m 50/50 because it is a never say never leak. They have had some rights yes, but it could also be just a lucky guess(es) as far as we know.

Firox

Smash Master
I¨m 50/50 because it is a never say never leak. They have had some rights yes, but it could also be just a lucky guess(es) as far as we know.
Let's be honest here, though. Goemon? Team Rocket? Who would've guessed either, let alone BOTH?! Those two alone are the leak's most powerful evidence. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, the Mii costume leak is even more powerful than Cacomallow since we actually have proof that it was on to something. The costumes actually HAPPENED! Now, if cacodemon were to appear with the next reveal, then Cacomallow would elevate to the same status.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Aaaah, good times. Who doesn't love a children's card game where losing meant getting your soul eternally banished to the shadow realm?
Fun fact about that actually. The shadow realm is completely original to the dub. In the original Japanese they just said “kill” lol.

Which means that yes, in the episode with Arcana those were real saws

Firox

Smash Master
Fun fact about that actually. The shadow realm is completely original to the dub. In the original Japanese they just said “kill” lol.

Which means that yes, in the episode with Arcana those were real saws
To anyone that hasn't seen Littlekuriboh's Yugioh the Abriged series, WATCH IT! It's literally one of the funniest fanmade things I've ever watched and the parodies they make about Yugioh are especially hilarious if you're familiar with the source material. In the context of your comment, I though of this fun little quote as delivered by Mr. Brooklyn Rage himself:

"By the power of sexism and 4kids censorship, we can do anything!"

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hard to say. On the one hand claiming Smithy and Mallow would come as costumes is so specific that it's hard to ignore and the other costumes they got right were also so specific that it's just bizarre and pretty much impossible to guess correctly. While it could certainly be a case of misinformation or misinterpretation, I am leaning towards it simply being real info based on how specific it is, but it is impossible to corroborate due to no one else making such specific claims.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Where did that leak came from? :O
This was much older but allegedly, someone shared a list of all the Mii Costumes that were suppose to come with Banjo (excluding Sans) and the list was completely correct. (Goemon, Rocket Grunt, Zero, Protoman) The list also included Smithy, Mallow and Chocobo to come later down the line. However, we are not completely sure if this was legitimate or not. The guy who provided this information is has a spotty track record of getting information right.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This was much older but allegedly, someone shared a list of all the Mii Costumes that were suppose to come with Banjo (excluding Sans) and the list was completely correct. (Goemon, Rocket Grunt, Zero, Protoman) The list also included Smithy, Mallow and Chocobo to come later down the line. However, we are not completely sure if this was legitimate or not. The guy who provided this information is has a spotty track record of getting information right.
Did that guy say anything about Crash? Whether Mii Costume or playable?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Did that guy say anything about Crash? Whether Mii Costume or playable?
IIRC this is the same guy who said Crash was 5 at one point but then later took back his statement when Sabi deconfirmed Crash. But apparently he also leaked Byleth's alt costumes or something, so he was aware of them in some form. It's really hard to keep track of what he gets right and wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
IIRC this is the same guy who said Crash was 5 at one point but then later took back his statement when Sabi deconfirmed Crash. But apparently he also leaked Byleth's alt costumes or something, so he was aware of them in some form. It's really hard to keep track of what he gets right and wrong.
This is new. Got a source?

cause I know MandyCanNot (guy who says Crash is in FPV2 and predicted Byleth last October) got the February General Direct prediction wrong, but DID predict some mouse based indie game in this week’s Indie World. Maybe Mii Costume Guy’s info on Crash was technically correct if Mandy ends up being right (albeit with a delayed direct), just that Crash’s placement was wrong.

D

Deleted member

cause I know MandyCanNot (guy who says Crash is in FPV2 and predicted Byleth last October) got the February General Direct prediction wrong, but DID predict some mouse based indie game in this week’s Indie World. Maybe Mii Costume Guy’s info on Crash was technically correct if Mandy ends up being right (albeit with a delayed direct), just that Crash’s placement was wrong.
Don't believe MandyCan. He used the Twitter trick and is not reliable at all.

D

Deleted member

Mandy predicted a mouse indie game? I don’t think Mandy is worth looking at the fact he may indeed did that twitter trick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mandy predicted a mouse indie game? I don’t think Mandy is worth looking at the fact he may indeed did that twitter trick.
This “mouse game” right here:
74FC2EAA-0D20-4C18-992B-AFF92C11BC35.png

quote tweeting with a mouse emoji

I’m still skeptical of Mandy, don’t get me wrong, but this combined with Sakurai’s column about a presentation being delayed makes me think

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. Very Interesting indeed, I'd love to see a Smithy mii costume too. I'll stay reluctant for now tho

StarLight42

Smash Lord

It's not new. Fatmanonice has talked about it multiple times. Like I said, the problem is that so much misinformation and confusion is surrounding this Mii Costume guy at the moment that it's hard to say for sure what exactly is coming from him and not coming from him. I'm sure Fatman will be glad to outline it for you if you ask him in profile messages or something, but it might take him a few days to respond.

And about Mandy, he's fake. Someone proved that he had like around 500 deleted tweets back in October. He was doing the twitter trick.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's not new. Fatmanonice has talked about it multiple times. Like I said, the problem is that so much misinformation and confusion is surrounding this Mii Costume guy at the moment that it's hard to say for sure what exactly is coming from him and not coming from him.

And about Mandy, he's fake. Someone proved that he had like around 500 deleted tweets back in October. He was doing the twitter trick.
Can i see the proof of deleted tweets?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Don't believe MandyCan. He used the Twitter trick and is not reliable at all.
Maybe. I'm still willing to give them a chance until the actual character comes out. As you remember, Zippo was also wrong about the second direct in february. If the next character isn't Crash, then we drop him.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Let's be honest here, though. Goemon? Team Rocket? Who would've guessed either, let alone BOTH?! Those two alone are the leak's most powerful evidence. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, the Mii costume leak is even more powerful than Cacomallow since we actually have proof that it was on to something. The costumes actually HAPPENED! Now, if cacodemon were to appear with the next reveal, then Cacomallow would elevate to the same status.
Just because the guesses feelt farfetched does not mean that they are impossible. You can go all in on one number or your current but not so strong pokerhands but still win.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
*insert spongebob meme here*

This drought is killing me...I need some news... we need a direct. Animal crossing isn’t gonna hold me over....

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just because the guesses feelt farfetched does not mean that they are impossible. You can go all in on one number or your current but not so strong pokerhans but still win.
While I definitely agree with your point, I view the accuracy of the leak more than just specifics. He could have said Mega Man X and EXE instead of Zero and Protoman and I would have believed him to be a lucky guess. But the accuracy behind it makes me think that he had some information ahead of time. Whether the Mallow/Smithy part is real or just teasing is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom