• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Take the sandbox exploration of Super Mario Odyssey, combine that with a realtime RPG battle system like Kingdom Hearts, and flesh out the mechanics with 7-8 party members (Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Geno, Mallow, Daisy) and BOOM you would have one cool Mario RPG.
as much as this would make me actually play smrpg because of the promise of kh like fighting system, I think this is just as bad of an idea as Mario Warriors that everyone wants

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
as much as this would make me actually play smrpg because of the promice of kh like fighting system, I think this is just as bad of an idea as Mario Warriors that everyone wants
Neither idea is exactly "bad", just don't use Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, or SMRPG as a predecessor to it. You make a new spin-off instead.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
People said that we would never get a shill pick with wave one due to Corrin's reaction, and especially not a Fire Emblem character.. Then Byleth got revealed months later, promoting the DLC, which I funny enough brought up as a potential scenario during EVO last year.... but whatever.

If Nintendo wants a product placement into the game, then it will be a product-placement in this game. Let¨s remember that Byleth was the one that they were originally gonna end on before the idea of more DLC came to fruition. They are the ones that pay for the game. If they want Urushifu or whatever new Pokemon for the sake of pushing the DLC, Urushifu is getting in. If they want Sylux (who is still mysteriously missing) because Metroid Prime 4, then Sylux will be included in the game. So it is not that weird that people for people to believe that there is a chance for a promotional shill pick. Especially when they are 2 for 2 when it comes to DLC waves including something promotional for their own gain.
Yeah I really have to agree with this. On the bright side though the big shill names floating around are Sylux and King Boo both of whom would be really awesome fighters. King Boo especially has a lot of wiggle room for unique mechanics seeing as how he floats and also is basically if Lickitung had dark magic and was incorporeal. Granted the character could still end up being someone unexpected and disappointing but it's like impossible to be more disappointing than Byleth. I thought Byleth looked kinda cool and I love Three Houses but Byleth is perhaps the most boring avatar character of all time with the most boring story and is also pretty boring in Smash if I'm being honest. But as always we will simply have to wait and see.

With the death of Mario & Luigi and (sorta) Paper Mario, I think Nintendo should dive deep into a niche Mario RPG but with aspects that appeal to wider audiences as well.

Take the sandbox exploration of Super Mario Odyssey, combine that with a realtime RPG battle system like Kingdom Hearts, and flesh out the mechanics with 7-8 party members (Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Geno, Mallow, Daisy) and BOOM you would have one cool Mario RPG.

Mario Rabbids, for the record, was a very cool game and I liked it a lot save for the rabbids and the linear exploration. Maybe Mario Rabbids is the next step in the Mario RPG continuum?
Agreed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was an excellent change of pace despite being very short and linear. There's definitely a lot they could do to add onto combos and really crazy plays though. There's a lot they could do just by crafting a brand new Mario RPG series. I've been saying it...Mario Galaxy RPG just saying...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Neither idea is exactly "bad", just don't use Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, or SMRPG as a predecessor to it. You make a new spin-off instead.
oh You right, But honestly, if Smrpg was remade to be like open world and real tine fighting, Id so play it. Not sure how cutscene would look tho

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Imo I think it’s likely we get some kind of promotional pick. The last fighters pass had some pretty good decision making.

The first character revealed was the one no one expected but who got people invested, second was a long running series with no presence in smash when it should have had some, third was a fan favourite, fourth was a fairly small name from non represented company but still a fairly large one and 5th was the inevitable shill.

Even when Sakurai makes the decisions we usually get at least one character who is added as more of a promotional pick. From a business standpoint it also makes more sense as it means they get profits from the dlc and the game which is usually $60 or so. Nintendo picking the DLC make it seem more likely as they have been
at the forefront of deciding shills in every wave so far with Corrin and Byleth.

I don’t really want to be that guy but we probably shouldn’t completely rule off a promotional character. Even though this is probably the last DLC for ultimate smash 4 dlc didn’t really end too well despite the fact that it was the last and that also included a shill I just mentioned, Corrin. From the evidence it seems really likely
I think most people accept a promotional or 'shill' pick will most likely happen and they will take it in stride (hopefully). I believe the issue people have with it now is that Nintendo opted to do a first party shill pick in both DLCs so far and it was for FE both times. Corrin's pick was even worse as not only did his game not even come out for 90% of the world at the time, but 4's base game got two FE characters and they already got a FE rep in DLC. So doing almost the exact same thing for the next DLC, and again being the only first party series to get shilled, it pissed people off. This then put a stigma on the idea of shill picks, much like the complaints of sword users.

A shill pick can be a fan favorite. If Dixie was added around Tropical Freeze's release, she would be seen as a shill, but that claim would get drowned out because she is also a fan favorite and has request demand. Lord Fredrick being added at the time would be a disliked shill since he is getting in solely for the game's release, not fan demand, and getting in before other fan favorites like Dixie and K Rool.

Basically, shill reactions depend on what is being shilled. FE and Pokemon are getting resentment (although Pokemon less so considering how it is a merchandise juggernaut), but there is less resentment to others because their series aren't being overexposed in Smash.

Firox

Smash Master
I KNEW all that planning for the zombie apocalypse was worth it....

And i get geno too? Double worth it.
I know, right? People looked at me ****-eyed because my Amazon shopping cart contained two Lobotomizers, three pick axes, 1000 rounds of ammo, a katana, a Gamecube controller and a download code for Smash Bros fighter pass 2.......I guess the joke's on them. :psycho:

Firox

Smash Master
A shill pick can be a fan favorite. If Dixie was added around Tropical Freeze's release, she would be seen as a shill, but that claim would get drowned out because she is also a fan favorite and has request demand. Lord Fredrick being added at the time would be a disliked shill since he is getting in solely for the game's release, not fan demand, and getting in before other fan favorites like Dixie and K Rool.
I agree that it's important that people distinguish between "shill" and "fan pick". A shill is when Nintendo pushes a character that functions almost exclusively to promote a new game or DLC. Little to no pre-existing fan demand + marketing scheme = shill, however, if Nintendo decides to re-release or promote a game BECAUSE of a character's popularity, I wouldn't consider that a shill by any means. For example, if Nintendo were to unveil Geno in Smash, then immediately unveil SMRPG 2 for Switch, it would be Geno's popularity that spurred the game's creation, not the other way around, hence he wouldn't be considered a shill.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I agree that it's important that people distinguish between "shill" and "fan pick". A shill is when Nintendo pushes a character that functions almost exclusively to promote a new game or DLC. Little to no pre-existing fan demand + marketing scheme = shill, however, if Nintendo decides to re-release or promote a game BECAUSE of a character's popularity, I wouldn't consider that a shill by any means. For example, if Nintendo were to unveil Geno in Smash, then immediately unveil SMRPG 2 for Switch, it would be Geno's popularity that spurred the game's creation, not the other way around, hence he wouldn't be considered a shill.
Hell we have two perfect examples literally in FP1:
- Byleth: Obvious shill, after fans are *TIRED* of FE Smash newcomers.
- Hero: Advertising for DQ11 for sure, but people were wondering why there wasn't DQ content in Smash before. This was definitely NOT a shill pick.

We can also look to the future. If Tom Nook was DLC 6, I wouldn't consider that a shill pick at all even though AC:NH is dropping in a week. If some new character to NH did get picked though, that *would* be a shill pick. Ring Fit Trainer would have been a shill pick. A Gen 8 rep (besides Toxtricity or Dragapult since those were voted the top favorites) would have been a shill pick.

It's silly how many ways you can do a fan-demanded-but-still-advertisable pick, and I feel like FP2 will be more of this than obvious shill picks like Byleth.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
True, but I think people will rarely, if ever, try to make that distinction. In this instance, Geno would be seen as a shill pick by the majority of people, but that's not a bad thing as he has fan support behind him. He would essentially be a 'shill fan pick.'

Now, if he was picked for Smash before his original game came out (a la Corrin and Byleth), then he would be marked as a shill pick but with a negative response.

Firox

Smash Master
Hell we have two perfect examples literally in FP1:
- Byleth: Obvious shill, after fans are *TIRED* of FE Smash newcomers.
- Hero: Advertising for DQ11 for sure, but people were wondering why there wasn't DQ content in Smash before. This was definitely NOT a shill pick.

We can also look to the future. If Tom Nook was DLC 6, I wouldn't consider that a shill pick at all even though AC:NH is dropping in a week. If some new character to NH did get picked though, that *would* be a shill pick. Ring Fit Trainer would have been a shill pick. A Gen 8 rep (besides Toxtricity or Dragapult) would have been a shill pick.
Exactly. Other examples of non-shills would be Crash, Waluigi, Master Chief, Travis Touchdown, KOS-MOS, Sora, etc. Each has their own demand and renown regardless of upcoming releases.

Geno would be seen as a shill pick by the majority of people
True, but then there's one of the universe's most horrifying truths......the majority isn't always right.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think people would be more pissed if Urushifu would be included.
I think so too, if only because its pessimistically expected and Pokemon already got a rep in base game.

I think someone from Ring Fit would have been accepted despite being a shill as the game was a success and well liked, and it's an off-shoot of a series already in Smash so it wouldn't be new new. And if they used someone like that Dragon guy, it would at least be a much different character type compared to 4/5s of the Fighter Pass.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Going into a support thread just to say "this character should be a Mii costume" is trolling.
With the good chances this character has now I think he can be best portrayed as a enhanced mii costume

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think people would be more pissed if Urushifu would be included.
As much as Urshifu would be an obvious shill pick (and as some of you know, a pick I would absolutely despise), I disagree. It doesn't have a sword nor is it Fire Emblem. Plus a Gen 8 rep has been practically expected while Byleth seemingly came out of nowhere.

Massive disappointment? Yes. Worse than Byleth? Lord no, even if it (or Zarude) was our 11th and final DLC. Also if Nintendo wants to be smart, they could push Toxtricity instead since it's gained a massive surge in popularity since the game came out. Hell, I loathe Gen 8 and I still think Tox is an awesome design and a welcome addition to add a punk rocker to Smash. We also have very few fighters who use poison as attacks (is it just Plant? Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone else), plus that's a new type for Pokemon reps. That's how you advertise (or even "shill") correctly: Picking things the fans like.

I think someone from Ring Fit would have been accepted despite being a shill as the game was a success and well liked, and it's an off-shoot of a series already in Smash so it wouldn't be new new.
I disagree as DLC, but they would have been fine for base game.

And if they used someone like that Dragon guy, it would at least be a much different character type compared to 4/5s of the Fighter Pass.
I assume you mean Dragapult? Yeah, it or Toxtricity would be much more well-received over Urshifu for sure.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Massive disappointment? Yes. Worse than Byleth? Lord no, even if it (or Zarude) was our 11th and final DLC.
Agreed to disagree due to people have been exposed for Byleth since July last year

That's how you advertise (or even "shill") correctly: Picking things the fans like
Then I ask just for the sake of curiosity. Who should they have chosen from Three Houses then instead of Byleth as their 3H shill pick?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only thing we can do at this point is see if the Indie showcase happens next week to confirm if the general direct happens.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Agreed to disagree due to people have been exposed for Byleth since July last year
Except a lot of people don't like Byleth. The ones who do generally just "like 3H" or like anime waifus. Hell of the fanart, I rarely see male Byleth by himself for example, either female or just both to celebrate their inclusion in Smash/to celebrate 3H in general.

Then I ask just for the sake of curiosity. Who should they have chosen from Three Houses then instead of Byleth as their 3H shill pick?
At this point you really can't pick an FE character w/o it being a shill, but I'd probably say Edelgard. Hell she was rumored prior to the base game being finished, plus one huge advantage is she'd be the first FE character to not have a sword at all, as she's an axe-wielder. People have been asking for awhile now that if we get more FE characters, if we could at the very least not have literally 100% of them using a sword, and guess what we didn't get with Byleth? Yeah they use a few other weapons, and yes the sword is also a chain-like-whip too, but it's still a sword. Edelgard would at least not also be a sword-user, a huge first for Fire Emblem picks. But nah, 8/8 FE characters and they all use a sword. Pretty funny how there's a ton of other both physical and magical weapon types existing, yet all 8 picks just *had* to use a sword. I guess that's why the series icon is a sword?

While Byleth better represents 3H obviously, and is able to even have a costume for each of the house leaders, plus Sothis, the bottom line is two things: They still use a sword, and they have no personality at all, being an extremely bland-and-boring silent protag. Hell, Smash has them talking about as much as they did in my entire 50h+ venture through a route in 3H.

Now that I've hopefully deterred anyone who hasn't played a route, I do understand the problem with adding Edelgard as that would put eyes on her. "Why her?" people would wonder. While hopefully it would make people play the game to find out, there is the possibility that they won't and just look into why and it would ruin that pretty nice twist. I wasn't spoiled on the game at all, but I did know "something was up" with Black Eagles, but it was a cool twist. I don't think adding her would ruin that twist instead of, for example, adding a major villain (besides Monokuma) from the Danganronpa series as people have suggested before. That game is the definition of "important twists you don't want spoiled", while Edelgard was "a cool twist that doesn't dramatically change the game", since the gameplay is what's most important in FE, not the story/dialogue like Danganronpa, but that's just my take on that matter.

Also this is a more minor point but depending on how you view Edelgard, she'd be a +1 for "villain reps in Smash", while also being a +1 for female reps, which we didn't actually get a lone female rep in all FP1.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a lot of reasons why I don't expect a Pokemon pick but one of the biggest is that the Pokemon Company practically engineers which Pokemon they want to be popular from the ground up. Nobody really has that energy at the moment. Lucario had it for Brawl and Greninja had it for Smash 4. You can almost tell on sight which they're going to milk the **** out of and Urishifu, Zarude, etc just don't have that. Sobble was the most popular 8th gen starter by far but Smash already has Squirtle and Greninja so that's a dead end too. Zeraora and Zoroark are very obvious examples of Pokemon that the Pokemon Company wanted to be super popular but they didn't catch on. The Pokemon Company is very serious about which Pokemon are the front runners of representing their brand and the fact that the last couple of "highlighted" Pokemon have produced collective yawns is pretty telling.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
You guys have made me realized, Geno getting in Smash would possibly cause the Random Chimp Event to happen. I am now going to do everything in my power to stop Geno from getting in Smash.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The Pokemon Company is very serious about which Pokemon are the front runners of representing their brand and the fact that the last couple of "highlighted" Pokemon have produced collective yawns is pretty telling.
You'd think they'd want to push Toxtricity with how they're a baby mon who is just handed to you, evolves in one of two forms in a somewhat-unique method (based on their ability), and they've given them so much meme potential with the faces they make and just how they act. As an extra bonus, they placed 2nd in the Pokemon of the Year (for Gen 8) poll, barely losing to Dragapult, so they'd be a pretty welcome addition while also being a series that's pretty expected to see a rep in the DLC. It would come as a huge (and welcome) surprise to see a fan-favorite pick though, over a brand new shill pick that no one gives a crap about yet.

Hell they could even bank on the controversy by making Toxtricity represent the disgruntled fans of Gen 8 with their punk-rocker attitude. They represent Gen 8 perfectly, both in and out of game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Except a lot of people don't like Byleth. The ones who do generally just "like 3H" or like anime waifus. Hell of the fanart, I rarely see male Byleth by himself for example, either female or just both to celebrate their inclusion in Smash/to celebrate 3H in general.

At this point you really can't pick an FE character w/o it being a shill, but I'd probably say Edelgard. Hell she was rumored prior to the base game being finished, plus one huge advantage is she'd be the first FE character to not have a sword at all, as she's an axe-wielder. People have been asking for awhile now that if we get more FE characters, if we could at the very least not have literally 100% of them using a sword, and guess what we didn't get with Byleth? Yeah they use a few other weapons, and yes the sword is also a chain-like-whip too, but it's still a sword. Edelgard would at least not also be a sword-user, a huge first for Fire Emblem picks. But nah, 8/8 FE characters and they all use a sword. Pretty funny how there's a ton of other both physical and magical weapon types existing, yet all 8 picks just *had* to use a sword. I guess that's why the series icon is a sword?

While Byleth better represents 3H obviously, and is able to even have a costume for each of the house leaders, plus Sothis, the bottom line is two things: They still use a sword, and they have no personality at all, being an extremely bland-and-boring silent protag. Hell, Smash has them talking about as much as they did in my entire 50h+ venture through a route in 3H.

Now that I've hopefully deterred anyone who hasn't played a route, I do understand the problem with adding Edelgard as that would put eyes on her. "Why her?" people would wonder. While hopefully it would make people play the game to find out, there is the possibility that they won't and just look into why and it would ruin that pretty nice twist. I wasn't spoiled on the game at all, but I did know "something was up" with Black Eagles, but it was a cool twist. I don't think adding her would ruin that twist instead of, for example, adding a major villain (besides Monokuma) from the Danganronpa series as people have suggested before. That game is the definition of "important twists you don't want spoiled", while Edelgard was "a cool twist that doesn't dramatically change the game", since the gameplay is what's most important in FE, not the story/dialogue like Danganronpa, but that's just my take on that matter.

Also this is a more minor point but depending on how you view Edelgard, she'd be a +1 for "villain reps in Smash", while also being a +1 for female reps, which we didn't actually get a lone female rep in all FP1.
No one who wants Three Houses spoilers can ever quote your post now. Or mine, I guess.
Bold of you to assert that Edelgard Von Hresvelg is a villain.

Anyway, Byleth makes a hell of a lot of sense given two factors:
A. As far as Sakurai is concerned, using multiple weapons in one character is as unique a gimmick as having a meter that charges/activates in a unique way.
B. Byleth has a plot reason to be able to wield that many different legendary weapons.

Fire Emblem characters bring their best weapon to the table (aside from Robin), and in terms of the best weapon a character can feasibly wield in the game, no main character of a Fire Emblem title that I can remember has ever used two weapon styles without a reclass (which clearly Sakurai doesn't consider true to the character or Robin surely would have ended up a war cleric)

To get a bit more meta about it, not giving us one of the main lords prevents a lot of salt in a somewhat roundabout way, in that popular requests for axe (Hector), lance (Ephraim), and bow (... idk, Shinon? I don't think anyone ever unironically wanted an exclusive bow user) users don't get eclipsed by new characters that people haven't gotten the opportunity to come to love yet... or might never love, given how complex the motivations of the main lords in Three Houses are. That's the way I look at it, at least.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
There's a lot of reasons why I don't expect a Pokemon pick but one of the biggest is that the Pokemon Company practically engineers which Pokemon they want to be popular from the ground up. Nobody really has that energy at the moment. Lucario had it for Brawl and Greninja had it for Smash 4. You can almost tell on sight which they're going to milk the **** out of and Urishifu, Zarude, etc just don't have that. Sobble was the most popular 8th gen starter by far but Smash already has Squirtle and Greninja so that's a dead end too. Zeraora and Zoroark are very obvious examples of Pokemon that the Pokemon Company wanted to be super popular but they didn't catch on. The Pokemon Company is very serious about which Pokemon are the front runners of representing their brand and the fact that the last couple of "highlighted" Pokemon have produced collective yawns is pretty telling.
What was the logic behind Pokemon making Mimikyu the breakout star of the 7th gen; with a unique gimmick, a counterpart to Pikachu, a Pokemon that can both attract sympathy for but also be terrifying in-universe, and arguably one of the highlights of the Alola Season of the Pokemon anime...
And then for Smash going: "Nah, let's pick the starter evo everyone hated :ultincineroar:"

I still say Cinderace is our new Pokemon rep: Scorbunny was the first starter ever shown off, he's so far the ONLY Gen 8 Pokemon in the anime that has a starring role with Ash and Gou, and he's clearly the favorite for the Pokemon Company even if Sobble caught on more.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What was the logic behind Pokemon making Mimikyu the breakout star of the 7th gen; with a unique gimmick, a counterpart to Pikachu, a Pokemon that can both attract sympathy for but also be terrifying in-universe, and arguably one of the highlights of the Alola Season of the Pokemon anime...
And then for Smash going: "Nah, let's pick the starter evo everyone hated :ultincineroar:"

I still say Cinderace is our new Pokemon rep: Scorbunny was the first starter ever shown off, he's so far the ONLY Gen 8 Pokemon in the anime that has a starring role with Ash and Gou, and he's clearly the favorite for the Pokemon Company even if Sobble caught on more.
Inceniroar is weird, especially given the fact that the character was essentially placeheld for Smash roughly a year before Sun and Moon even came out. I think Inceniroar's popularity honestly took a massive blow because it was leaked nearly seven months early and everyone thought it was Fire/Fighting in that timespan and never fully recovered from that. Had that leak never happened, I do think Inceniroar would have ultimately been a lot more liked by people.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
If Geno was a Pokémon trainer, what would be his line up?

I’m thinking he would have mostly psychic/fairy types.

(you can tell I’m desperate for new info...)

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

Darmanitan, Mareep, Starmie, Rhyperior, and Diancie.
Plus I guess a tax evading Kecleon as an occasional popin holding some kind of cookie item.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Pretty funny how there's a ton of other both physical and magical weapon types existing, yet all 8 picks just *had* to use a sword. I guess that's why the series icon is a sword?
Honestly, if it were only "swords" that were the issue, then I don¨t see why someone like Dante is requested. But yeah... its a downright joke that we don¨t have more diverse roster for Fire Emblem. The roster should be more like this

Marth/Lucina skin
Lyn (most popular character)
Black Knight (due to villain)
Robin (avatar and main character from the game that saved the franchise)
Azura (lance + water and she would stand out more then Corrin. I have her on the list because I think a Fates character would most likely ended up in the base game had Corrin not been a DLC)
Byleth (as a "Pokemon Trainer styled character because it could have been interesting, would not cause more "X is the better lord drama" that there already is, and it was obvious that we would be getting a 3H rep a mile away.)

Put Lucina as a skin because she essentially has become Marth of the new-gen after Awakening saved the franchise, and since it has become a major (not like Zelda, Mario or Pokemon, but still a big cash cow) I don¨t think six fighters from the serious would be that "weird".

Yes, most use sword, but it would be more diverse, and it would represent every era.

Alakazam, Gardevoir and Kecelon

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
This Forest Maze stage looks pretty good and the music fits nice also. Created by Tevlev and its the most liked Forest Maze stage on Ultímate. Give it a try!

0023A22D-DE39-49E9-AA7E-1942CA3FCA31.jpeg

Its a good analgesic until we get Geno in the challenger pack #7 with a proper stage and music.

EDIT: added another stage-picture!

E36ED0E3-4FBD-4145-B26A-BAACCD32720E.jpeg

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I'll just refer back to a post answering that same question I made a while back:

That's a really fun albeit silly question that nobody seems keen on answering, so here I go:

-Jirachi (A Pokemon that's straight up based on a star AND that grants wishes, a nobrainer for sure)
-Banette (Pretty obvious too, both are puppets)
-Trevenant (The only Pokemon I could think of that's made of wood)
-Octillery (He and his pre-evolution are based on weaponry, which Geno is of course LOADED with)
-Magmortar (Has big ass cannons as his hands, what more has to be said?)
-Wobbuffet (Many speculate his tiny black tail is the actual Pokemon and the rest is basically a decoy, or a doll if you will)

The last one is kind of a cop out in my opinion, so if any of you could think of a more appropriate Mon instead of Wobbuffet or any of the others, feel free to tell me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Looks like E3 is going digital.
So how do you think it's going to work? Will they get each company to make their own Nintendo Direct to showcase on their official website/YouTube/twitch, or will they do a live show where they get each company to Skype in? One of these will tickle my cringe bone...
... r.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Inceniroar is weird, especially given the fact that the character was essentially placeheld for Smash roughly a year before Sun and Moon even came out. I think Inceniroar's popularity honestly took a massive blow because it was leaked nearly seven months early and everyone thought it was Fire/Fighting in that timespan and never fully recovered from that. Had that leak never happened, I do think Inceniroar would have ultimately been a lot more liked by people.
Not to mention, Incineroar was also chosen solely because of Sakurai wanting to have a wrestler-styled character and got picked over Decidueye.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
ok, what is the gaming community going to do then? Be serious, what can the community do to help stop this virus
Can't we band together and raise a fund for anybody in the Smash community who comes down with the virus? 20% of everybody who catches it requires hospitalization and, as most of us are from the U.S., that would put them thousands of dollars into debt, and at worst potentially cost them their job or cause them to be homeless on account of the fact that most of us don't get sick leave or paid time off from their jobs.

I'm entirely serious about this; what's going to happen when prominent Youtubers or some of us Genobros catch it? What if one of us dies from it? We're Genobros. Our modus operandi is sticking together and sticking to our guns against thick and thin and this sure as hell looks like a thick time to me.

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I don't think there's anything we *can* do to be honest, other than listen to medical authorities and stay safe/use common sense. The gaming community (if you can call it that) isn't really equipped to stop a global pandemic outside of merely raising awareness.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I don't think there's anything we *can* do to be honest, other than listen to medical authorities and stay safe/use common sense. The gaming community (if you can call it that) isn't really equipped to stop a global pandemic outside of merely raising awareness.
I didn't mean it that way, just that we should do all we can, but I suppose you're right. Given the pattern of spread we've seen happen in Italy and China, however, I suspect we in the gaming community throughout the world are not gonna have a fun time. I can only hope that the worst that happens is that we all get stuck inside and play Smash for like two weeks.

Hopefully if E3 actually is cancelled that they'll do a livestream instead of not doing anything at all.

And I genuinely do worry if whether the virus has delayed a Direct at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom