• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Hapy 24th anniversary Super Mario RPG: the legend of the seven stars developed by Square, published by Nintendo released on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System 1996!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

You know with the Mario movie coming out in 2022 and Geno very possibly getting in Smash before than, it makes me curious if Geno and Mallow will be in the Mario movie as crazy as that sounds.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

You know with the Mario movie coming out in 2022 and Geno very possibly getting in Smash before than, it makes me curious if Geno and Mallow will be in the Mario movie as crazy as that sounds.
I think that'd be a nice little background easter egg at best but I don't see us getting much more than that if anything, sadly.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If Nintendo has secretly bought SMRPG rights, then I could see it happen. If not, no way that¨s gonna happen

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Nintendo has secretly bought SMRPG rights, then I could see it happen. If not, no way that¨s gonna happen
I didn't thought about that, you could be right. Isn't weird how Geno and Mallow are the only Square-Enix Spirits in the base game besides Cloud. It makes me wonder if Nintendo has secretly bought the SMRPG rights and don't plan to announce it until they reveal Geno for Smash.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I didn't thought about that, you could be right. Isn't weird how Geno and Mallow are the only Square-Enix Spirits in the base game besides Cloud. It makes me wonder if Nintendo has secretly bought the SMRPG rights and don't plan to announce it until they reveal Geno for Smash.
No it really isn¨t weird. This is Square Enix we are talking about, plus SMRPG is more than likely the property that lies in the "least" license hell. It is weirder that they managed to get Cloud in base game then Geno as a spirit concidering Cloud is pretty much their posterboy

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
hey today is SMRPG 24th Anniversary so i prepared Gaz's House VRChat world!!!
i want it to be public but the guidline has changed so i am trying to fix this issue so everyone would be able to come
you can ask me if you want to check it out
View attachment 265185
Alright I can show that world Gaz’s House in action a streamer yesterday came in and that’s what has been recorded in the video skip to 8:45

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Anyone else find it interesting that Nintendo hasn’t tweeted anything for 4 days?
Just three more days and I'm pretty sure that we can start pointing to a legend of the seven stars reference... Till the next day.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if that's actually not only what happens but turns out to be what they were doing.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Just three more days and I'm pretty sure that we can start pointing to a legend of the seven stars reference... Till the next day.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if that's actually not only what happens but turns out to be what they were doing.
Inb4 it was just the Twitter guy was sent home because of the Corona and he totally forgot the password so he can't login at home. Big whoopsie.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Why do you say that?
Well even if we get an announcement for a Thursday direct which would be awesome, we're still not getting anything *today*. Why would they randomly drop any info when they can wait for their nonexistent direct/E3 instead? A week or so ago I was pretty hopeful for today, but we didn't have any announcement on Sunday/Monday, so there's obviously nothing huge today specifically.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well even if we get an announcement for a Thursday direct which would be awesome, we're still not getting anything *today*. Why would they randomly drop any info when they can wait for their nonexistent direct/E3 instead? A week or so ago I was pretty hopeful for today, but we didn't have any announcement on Sunday/Monday, so there's obviously nothing huge today specifically.
Dude, I wasn’t even talking about the Direct here. Just Mario day.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Dude, I wasn’t even talking about the Direct here. Just Mario day.
I know, but you asked "what's in store for today?". I still don't think they're gonna do much for it outside of Mario-related discounts (which we've known about for days), but that's just the pessimist in me talking.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know, but you asked "what's in store for today?". I still don't think they're gonna do much for it outside of Mario-related discounts (which we've known about for days), but that's just the pessimist in me talking.
You know, in terms of Directs, I always thought there wouldn’t be one on Mario day.

Still, that would mean that HTML update thing will probably go to waste.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know this is a more for fun way of picking characters, but Backstreet Game development made a follow up video about predicting characters with math. His first list had lots of perposfully bad characters, but this one has some quite good choices, only 1 I would be upset about.

If you wanna try to make a fighters pass 6 with this grid too, go ahead.

You can only pick a box once for each character, so try and see if you can make a list you like! I'll start. (bending it a bit making that last one just 2000s)

Platformer/Female/West/2000/ Returning Pub(wayforward technically is in smash already with shantae spirit)/ Returning Series(same as before): Shantae
RPG/Both/East/2010/ Returning Pub/Return Series: Rex and Pyra
RPG/Male/East/1990's/Returning Pub/Returning Series: Geno
Adventure/Male/1980/East/Returning Pub/New Series: Mike Jones
Puzzle/Both/2010/east/New Pub/New Series: Professor Hershel Layton and Katrielle Layton
Platformer/Male/1990/east/Returning Pub/New Series: Klonoa

I think that is a pretty darn good list. What about you guys? How would you build your list woth thia ruleset?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Still, that would mean that HTML update thing will probably go to waste.
I said yesterday that it could just be a red herring they intentionally did, along with updating the directs playlist (twice?), but that does get a bit tinfoil hatlike.

I know this is a more for fun way of picking characters, but Backstreet Game development made a follow up video about predicting characters with math. His first list had lots of perposfully bad characters, but this one has some quite good choices, only 1 I would be upset about.
I think the video would have been so much better if he did what I said yesterday: Ending with Geno by spinning that SMRPG is both an RPG and a platformer. That might just be my bias, but even if I didn't want Geno, I would have found that funny.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I said yesterday that it could just be a red herring they intentionally did, along with updating the directs playlist (twice?), but that does get a bit tinfoil hatlike.

I think the video would have been so much better if he did what I said yesterday: Ending with Geno by spinning that SMRPG is both an RPG and a platformer. That might just be my bias, but even if I didn't want Geno, I would have found that funny.
I think he purposefully picked completely different characters then he did last time. Geno could have easily fit that last spot too yeah

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Red herring? I doubt it. I think there is more to this than nothing at all.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think he purposefully picked completely different characters then he did last time. Geno could have easily fit that last spot too yeah
Oh I know he did, but it would have been a funny gag.

Red herring? I doubt it. I think there is more to this than nothing at all.
*shrug* I honestly don't know anymore. We should know by tomorrow at the latest, but it's like, why was that stuff updated last week if we're not getting a direct this week? Seems weird.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Is it odd nintendo hasnt acknowledged mario day yet either? Dont they always? Or have i missed it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh I know he did, but it would have been a funny gag.

*shrug* I honestly don't know anymore. We should know by tomorrow at the latest, but it's like, why was that stuff updated last week if we're not getting a direct this week? Seems weird.
No kidding! They wouldn’t do it to toy with us, right?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Is it odd nintendo hasnt acknowledged mario day yet either? Dont they always? Or have i missed it?
Well it is a little early still in America. I'd say if it goes to noon EST (EDT for those who care) with no message about it, then it'd be really weird... Granted they haven't posted anything since the 6th (Friday), but did retweet something about Mario Kart that was posted on the 8th, so idk what's going on.

No kidding! They wouldn’t do it to toy with us, right?
... No comment.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well it is a little early still in America. I'd say if it goes to noon EST (EDT for those who care) with no message about it, then it'd be really weird... Granted they haven't posted anything since the 6th (Friday), but did retweet something about Mario Kart that was posted on the 8th, so idk what's going on.

... No comment.
Nintendo of japan hasnt said anything either it seems

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

... No comment.
Don’t tell me what I just said was so dumb. I mean, it is likely they wouldn’t do that, but anything is possible.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Nintendo of japan hasnt said anything either it seems
That is quite weird, considering it's almost the 11th for them. It's 10:02PM over there at the time of me writing this!

Don’t tell me what I just said was so dumb. I mean, it is likely they wouldn’t do that, but anything is possible.
No I just don't know one way or the other. Nintendo's been trolling us since JANUARY, with Byleth's reveal (both with the pick and the very likely scenario that the reveal was supposed to be in the Q1 Direct), trolled us all of February, and now a third through March and I still feel trolled. I really don't get them anymore.

That is quite neat for people who enjoy legos, but sadly not the news I was hoping for.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well that is different for sure... interesting though.

That is quite weird, considering it's almost the 11th for them. It's 10:02PM over there at the time of me writing this!

No I just don't know one way or the other. Nintendo's been trolling us since JANUARY, with Byleth's reveal (both with the pick and the very likely scenario that the reveal was supposed to be in the Q1 Direct), trolled us all of February, and now a third through March and I still feel trolled.
Indeed. Unless they want to say something at the same time as america maybe?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

No I just don't know one way or the other. Nintendo's been trolling us since JANUARY, with Byleth's reveal (both with the pick and the very likely scenario that the reveal was supposed to be in the Q1 Direct), trolled us all of February, and now a third through March and I still feel trolled. I really don't get them anymore.

That is quite neat for people who enjoy legos, but sadly not the news I was hoping for.
Wait, Nintendo has been trolling us? Because I thought that was the leakers. I am sure Nintendo could not do that if they never even said anything about the Direct themselves.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Indeed. Unless they want to say something at the same time as america maybe?
Which would be an hour from now, usually, since 11p would be the last hour they can technically announce something on the same day.

Wait, Nintendo has been trolling us? Because I thought that was the leakers. I am sure Nintendo could not do that if they never even said anything about the Direct themselves.
I never said anything about them talking about a direct. I said Byleth's reveal was very likely to have been in a direct, because in the context of Smash, the video made it painfully obvious that Byleth was the character. Sakurai himself even said "you'll probably know who it is right away" (or whatever he specifically said). In the context of a "oh this is just Fire Emblem, what is this?", you wouldn't immediately assume it's Byleth in Smash. That was one thing. The second was Byleth literally being in Smash. Then February, we got nothing. No news of anything but an AC direct. Now here we are in March still wondering what the hell is going on.

I honestly don’t know what to expect anymore.
It's still neat, but not the kind of neat that satisfies me.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Well, if that is Nintendo of America, does that mean there is no Direct announcement today? I think on days they are announced, Directs are the first thing announced and shown on Nintendo’s Twitter.
FAN RULE DETECTED! ALERT, ALERT!
Idk but I don't think that should be assumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom