• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If this means a Direct this week, I'm guessing we can expect the announcement tomorrow and the Direct proper this Thursday?
Most likely, yeah. Unless Nintendo wants to do something completely out of left field like a Friday direct.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's either this week or the next Thursday at the absolutely latest. With the news about the second Fighter Pass card and the amiibo reissues, we're all but guaranteed a reveal soon

D

Deleted member

I hope they reveal the DQ Heroes amiibo on the next Direct

Maybe unlikely since Joker would probably come first but I still have some hope.

A gameplay trailer for the Fantastic Four in Ultimate Alliance 3 and Metroid news about anything would be 100% welcomed too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My predictions and why:

1. Lloyd - Costume hasn't returned, has demand, other bamco costumes need to come back with something.
2. Geno - Costume hasn't returned, has demand, lots of potential for costumes + chocobo hat and red shell are absent.
3. BoTW 2 Character - LoZ probably has the greatest demand for a first party series that already has representation and a direct sequel is in development.
4. Pokemon SwSh Character - Nintendo always has to disappoint us somewhere, and they will do it here.
5. Master Chief - Would be hype and Banjo is here already.
6. Crash - Would be hype and Crash games are already on Switch.

I don't think they'll promote the Wah. Could see either Crash or Chief being swapped out for Dante.
The only character in this lineup that excites me is Geno.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Firox Firox My theory is that Elecman, Rathalos, and Monster Hunter are coming with our hypothetical Capcom rep in Season 2 because, like I said yesterday, the costume spread seems to suggest that most of the passes will outright celebrate their respective company instead of one particular franchise.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I brought this up on the Geno discord, so I'm gonna put it here too.

Sakurai outright coming out and shooting down our speculation about the Sm4sh Battlefield image makes me wonder why he doesn't just come out and deconfirm spirits to save us time. The team clearly pays attention to what we're saying and if spirits are a hard NO then why not just tell us. Makes you think~

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai outright coming out and shooting down our speculation about the Sm4sh Battlefield image makes me wonder why he doesn't just come out and deconfirm spirits to save us time. The team clearly pays attention to what we're saying and if spirits are a hard NO then why not just tell us. Makes you think~
Because... they aren't. :4pacman:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Are they really obligated to tell us?

zferolie

Smash Hero

Because they arent. I am still betting big on 2 spirit upgrades, Geno for sure and i really feel shantae too.

As for this week or next weeks direct, i think whoever the first fighter is, its gotta be a big one. One that sells the pass for people. Joker was a pass seller for sure, with how big persona 5 was and the long running of the series. So i think this first will be a big seller as well.

I dont think its geno. Geno is coming but not this first one. Crash i think is more an e3 reveal. I personally want or hope the first is shantae to crush what people are expecting.

So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , i was confused, are you saying Reimu has a chance or was shot down?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Can we not constantly tag and ask Fatman questions? Very little discussion no matter how off topic bothers me except for this. Honestly the guy will share what he wants to share when he wants to share. Anything you really can't wait for can be handled in direct messages to him. Literally Megadoomer commented on this a page ago please be mindful of stuff like this. On a totally unrelated note...

So uhhh...insert introduction here

But anyways i'd like to say hi and I've been a lurker here for a long time (if i remember correctly it was a few days before terry came out) and hopefully the star boi himself gets in for FP2.

Fades away into darkness
Welcome to the conversation! Can't say welcome to the thread since you've been lurking.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

(Laughs in Isaac)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
zferolie zferolie Reimu is like Travis, Sora, Steve?, Ryu, etc and it all boils down to opinions and ultimatums. Reimu is pretty clear: are the Tohou leaks real or fake? I think they're fake, some people think they're real. That's basically the divide. ... Fine, **** it... Let me do it for the others for the sake of clarification:

Sora: Disney being a hardass; true or false?

Ryu: real or Byleth bait?

Travis: Is Suda being honest or are they full of japes?

Tracer: real or fake?

Heihachi: Mii costume, playable, or neither?

Lloyd: Mii Costume, playable, or neither?

KOS-MOS: Mii costume, playable, or neither?

Steve?: Eventually coming or leakbait for Banjo/Chief?

Sephiroth: Mii costume, playable, or neither?

Sol Badguy: real or fake Smash news attached to real Guilty Gear news?

Arle: eventually coming or junked by Joker?

I think that's everyone I listed earlier...

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

But anyways i'd like to say hi and I've been a lurker here for a long time (if i remember correctly it was a few days before terry came out) and hopefully the star boi himself gets in for FP2.

Fades away into darkness
Welcome and nice sunglasses!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, one thing is for absolute certain I feel, we'll get a large amount of questions answered before and after E3. I'm dead certain 6 will be revealed before E3, and we may or may not get more than one reveal for E3, but we'll find out soon enough. Also, welcome Lagguino Lagguino

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Regarding the Nintendo Direct HTML page:

Update on 7th January, Pokemon Direct on the 9th.
Update on 18th February, Animal Crossing Direct on the 20th.

So that'd mean...

Update on 3rd March (today), Nintendo Direct on the 5th.
If so, then we'll probably see Fighter 6 then.

I don't think Geno will be in it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
yeah looking likely this week or next is the direct, and hopefully we get fighter 6... but what if we don't? how would the smash community react?

T2by4

Smash Lord
This means absolutely nothing. But, it translates to something about a doll festival. Probably a holiday in Japan.
>doll festival
>smrpg anni soon
>mario day
>sakurai hinted at byleth last time

Hmm

kowalski-analysis-38160547.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New tournament approaches! Looks like it’s characters with spikes versus more rounded characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
>doll festival
>smrpg anni soon
>mario day

Hmm

View attachment 264627
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinamatsuri

It's almost definitely a coincidence. I can't be 100% sure - Sakurai did make a comment about having red eyes that could have referred to Castlevania song Bloody Tears or K. Rool, or it could have just meant that he's tired - but I'm thinking it's likely just a holiday happening to line up with a Direct drought.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
>doll festival
>smrpg anni soon
>mario day

Hmm

View attachment 264627
GenoEyes.png

New tournament approaches! Looks like it’s characters with spikes versus more rounded characters.
>Spiky characters versus round characters
>Geno is very round and toy-like compared to the sharp blades of the Smithy Gang

GenoEyes.png

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Firox Firox My theory is that Elecman, Rathalos, and Monster Hunter are coming with our hypothetical Capcom rep in Season 2 because, like I said yesterday, the costume spread seems to suggest that most of the passes will outright celebrate their respective company instead of one particular franchise.
Assuming it's Dante, do you think the Cacodemon hat and a likely Doom Marine costume would come with him, considering the shared demon and hard rock motif?

QQS

Smash Lord
C1765101-363B-4AED-972D-9E0C2E2D621B.jpeg

Switch oficial page on Facebook uploaded a Smash cover picture a hour ago

link2702

Smash Champion
Call me crazy and I don’t read japanese but....was that pic with inkling looking like she was grabbing a miniature zelda a reference to inkling being a kid playing with dolls...?

!!!

Toybox room...
Kids playing with dolls....

Is...it a sign ? A subtle hint at a certain star spirit possessed doll...?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
This means absolutely nothing. But, it translates to something about a doll festival. Probably a holiday in Japan.
This reminds me so much of my formative years. All the other kids were playing with toys while, much like King Dedede here, I was sitting in the corner eating all the Legos.

QQS

Smash Lord
A543D597-CE97-431F-AA25-C51B7E2E53D5.jpeg

and this about Mario day.

Remember that Monday 9 March is SMRPG 24 years anniversary; and Tuesday 10 March is MarioDay!

Hoping for a Direct soon, and Geno getting revealed as 76 (or maybe 77)!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Call me crazy and I don’t read japanese but....was that pic with inkling looking like she was grabbing a miniature zelda a reference to inkling being a kid playing with dolls...?

!!!

Toybox room...
Kids playing with dolls....

Is...it a sign ? A subtle hint at a certain star spirit possessed doll...?
Twitter has a built-in translate feature. It's referring to a Japanese holiday on March 3rd that relates to dolls, and I linked to the Wikipedia page for that holiday on this very page.

I really wish that people would stop over-analyzing Sakurai's goofy Smash Bros. images, whether those images are posted on the Smash Bros. website, on Miiverse, or on Twitter.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

because Sakurai can pick a choose what he wants to tell us
____
I....really hope you all dont legit think that post talking about Japans Doll festival is a hint, oh boy

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord

Fades away into darkness
Here's your complimentary hat. Welcome!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom