• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone pointed this out in General Discussion, but the Fighter Pass Volume 2 card has a release date of March 23, 2020.

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/products/dlc.html#section01

Supposedly, Volume 1's card came when Joker was announced, so if this is the same, then we might see FP6 soon.

EDIT: Think I got :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I question why they had a gap between the digital pass release and the physical card pass reless. Was there any advantage to having the digital pass purchase so early? Was the card version delayed?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sans and Cuphead were leaked though. Hell, I knew about Cuphead back in December. I also know people knew about Sans as early as July but, kind of like Cuphead before his Mii costume reveal, didn't know what to make of the name floating around. Of the 6 characters I'm predicting, only Nintendo and Square have good records of keeping secrets. Capcom, Activision, and Microsoft are pretty notorious for accidentally leaking major announcements sometimes months in advance. Capcom is practically legendary at leaking. Almost every major announcement in like... the last five years have leaked including, coincidentally, Ryu and Ken in Smash. Activision is almost as bad. Based on this, the odds of at least half of Season 2 leaking is pretty high.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I question why they had a gap between the digital pass release and the physical card pass reless. Was there any advantage to having the digital pass purchase so early? Was the card version delayed?
I think the safe answer at this point is that it was delayed. Reason for why however, I've no clue, but it does give some further hope for a general direct or at bare minimum a Smash reveal this month

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sans and Cuphead were leaked though. Hell, I knew about Cuphead back in December. I also know people knew about Sans as early as July but, kind of like Cuphead before his Mii costume reveal, didn't know what to make of the name floating around. Of the 6 characters I'm predicting, only Nintendo and Square have good records of keeping secrets. Capcom, Activision, and Microsoft are pretty notorious for accidentally leaking major announcements sometimes months in advance. Capcom is practically legendary at leaking. Almost every major announcement in like... the last five years have leaked including, coincidentally, Ryu and Ken in Smash. Activision is almost as bad. Based on this, the odds of at least half of Season 2 leaking is pretty high.
I had no idea about sans and cuphead. Werent seeimg any news about them anywhere, especially not them being mii fighters. What did those leaks say exactly?

I can see things being leaked but nothing has yet for this season pass. Just wondering when they will of they will.

Im still not set on a capcom character myself... but who knows

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah i suppose it depends on the company. 1st party characters wont be leaked. Activision i heard is trying to crack down harder, so we need to wait and see.

Honestly, it depends on how many people in these other companies know about it. Lets take shantae as an example. I can only see matt, his wife, and james knowimg about her being in, and maybe a the main shantae composer who i am blanking on. Maybe her va. Not many others should be in the know at wayforward, as they arent working on smash. I see this as the case for other companies.

I feel we should be told this month. If its in a direct, or otherwise, we shall see.

If we dont get any direct before that rumored sabi indie direct... then i will bet dollars to donuts we are getting an indie first in smash
No way will they do a smash announcement in an indie direct. That would screw them all over by completely overshadowing them with a major 1st party announcement in what's supposed to be their own little indie spotlight.

Firox

Smash Master
So hyped for "Mr Sakurai Presents: Answering 3 Vague Yes or No Questions About Fighter 6"
Sakurai (holds up cue card and reads the back): "Dear Mr. Sakurai, will the next fighter have hair on their body?" (laughs) I hope so, yes.

(reads second cue card): "Dear Sakeshi Kovacs, will the next fighter be from Altered Carbon?" (raises eyebrow) Who gave me this? No, of course not.

(reads last cue card): "Lord Master Sakurai-San, if the advent of Smash bros represents all that is sweet and glorious in life, then what is the significance of not knowing the contents of the next fighter's pass? What is the torment of slipping into the unknown and looking into the darkness of uncertainty with only blind faith to guide you?"............(throws a double thumbs up) YES! Thanks for tuning in! See you at E3!

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
No way will they do a smash announcement in an indie direct. That would screw them all over by completely overshadowing them with a major 1st party announcement in what's supposed to be their own little indie spotlight.
It would be an ironic twist, however, considering how the indies mii costumes completely overshadowed the last two Smash reveals.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know this is something people just assume. I doubt nintendo thinks that way. If anything they would think we are celebrating indie games by doing that. Lets try and stop having fan theories as facts

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I had no idea about sans and cuphead. Werent seeimg any news about them anywhere, especially not them being mii fighters. What did those leaks say exactly?

I can see things being leaked but nothing has yet for this season pass. Just wondering when they will of they will.

Im still not set on a capcom character myself... but who knows
First post where I talk about two "rejected" indie characters and multiple people can confirm one is Cuphead. The other is probably coming in Pack 6 if I had to guess.

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...and-2500-pages.446378/page-2106#post-23748430

This is I believe the first post where I talk about people knowing about Undertale content in Ultimate as early as May.

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...and-2500-pages.446378/page-1867#post-23693196

Just to get people up to speed, the following names were rumored to be "rejected" by the development team according to different sources since November but many wind up being Mii costumes in the end:

Elecman, Ms. Pac-Man, Gooigi, Cuphead (confirmed), KOS-MOS, Travis, Nightmare, Ryu, "a Microsoft character asked to be kept secret", "a Square Enix character asked to be kept secret", Arle, Kris (Deltarune), Knight (Hollow Knight), "an indie asked to be kept secret", and "a character that no hints want to be given for at all."

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I just wanna join the legendary Geno thread. Maybe y'all could give me your thoughts on some things.

I think Geno's biggest hurdle is that he doesn't have an obvious sales tie-in. Of course there could be a release of SMRPG for Nintendo's online service, but this doesn't bring the big bucks.

Banjo also had this problem, but Nintendo and MS were really creative and open-minded with that negotiation. I think that's how we ended up with Cuphead and Ori on Switch. So there's obviously some flexibility in what's possible.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on how Nintendo and Square Enix would try to make the most of Geno if he is included. The most obvious move to me would be for him to play a major role in the next Paper Mario game. But I'm 1. not sure what Intelligent Systems is doing and 2. not sure if Nintendo is serious about the Paper Mario series. Also, the Alpha Dream (RIP) games were more of a successor to SMRPG--they included a Geno cameo in the first game, and had the same composer--so I'm also unsure of whether the Paper Mario team would be interested in making a successor to SMRPG.
First off, welcome to the thread. Here's your complimentary Geno hat.
Hat time.png

Second, King K. Rool didn't have an "obvious sales tie-in" either, nor did Ridley. They're not at all needed for a character to get in, nor does the lack of one mean anything against a character getting in.

is the direct all you guys have to talk about here or?
Pretty much, yeah. Nothing in terms of leaks, nothing in terms of rumors, nothing in terms of what games are coming out. We're eating full-on nothing burgers with a side of nothing sauce at this point.

I would say Geno something but most bases on geno topics have been covered:emptysheep: I just hope thr wait for this direct isnt causing yall to go crazy pff
Nah man, we fine. I've been spending a lot of time playing Super Metroid and ALttP this past couple of weeks, so I've been decently entertained.

You know this is the Geno thread right? You only ever post about Heihachi. You should probably hang out in that thread instead unless you have something to say about Geno.
While I agree that it's off-topic, I actually kind of like his posts here regarding Heihachi.

Geno appears in base game as a Spirit.
Heihachi appears in base game in PAC-MAN’s taunt.

Therefore, one getting in would ostensibly increase the odds of the other.

There, EZ theory. :4pacman:
Good god... you've cracked the code!

Fighter’s Pass 2 card has a physical release date of March 23, 2020.

RT:スマブラDLCファイターパスVol.2の発売日は「3月23日」との事です。https://t.co/7Dwrz3Famo
— スマブラsp DLC考察垢(無責任男) (@musekinin_game) March 3, 2020

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/products/dlc.html#section01
It could be like before when Joker was revealed. We may def be in for a surprise soon.
Huh, well that's reassuring.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
First post where I talk about two "rejected" indie characters and multiple people can confirm one is Cuphead. The other is probably coming in Pack 6 if I had to guess.

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-happy-100-000-and-2500-pages.446378/page-2106#post-23748430

This is I believe the first post where I talk about people knowing about Undertale content in Ultimate as early as May.

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-happy-100-000-and-2500-pages.446378/page-1867#post-23693196

Just to get people up to speed, the following names were rumored to be "rejected" by the development team according to different sources since November but many wind up being Mii costumes in the end:

Elecman, Ms. Pac-Man, Gooigi, Cuphead (confirmed), KOS-MOS, Travis, Nightmare, Ryu, "a Microsoft character asked to be kept secret", "a Square Enix character asked to be kept secret", Arle, Kris (Deltarune), Knight (Hollow Knight), "an indie asked to be kept secret", and "a character that no hints want to be given for at all."
Seeing as Ryu is on this list, I wonder if he would be a mii costume instead of a playable character, seeing as how he was rumored and then somehow dropped?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm going to guess that the Square secret costume is Crono who will be bundled in with Geno playable, Geno costume, Mallow hat and Smithy hat. It would be a nice bonus if they included CT music too, which isn't impossible as Terry had non Fatal Fury music.

Firox

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, this has me sweating a little. Why would they ask for it to be kept secret? Because they know the riot that would ensure if they overtly gave Geno the shaft?

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, this has me sweating a little. Why would they ask for it to be kept secret? Because they know the riot that would ensure if they overtly gave Geno the shaft?
I'm under the impression Fatman knows the character and would have at least told us to pack our bags.

D

Deleted member

I think Fatman knows the character and if it’s Geno, he would of told us or at least tell us Geno is more unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seeing as Ryu is on this list, I wonder if he would be a mii costume instead of a playable character, seeing as how he was rumored and then somehow dropped?
No clue. As I've said for over a year now, Ryu's weird. Basically people are divided into two camps at this point: Ryu's real or Ryu was misinformation/leakbait for Byleth. There's a couple of characters like this in insider rumors and it's honestly like "thank God Geno isn't like this." Here are the characters that I would say fall into the "WTF are you" category.

-Ryu
-Travis
-Tracer
-Lloyd
-Heihachi
-Steve?
-Arle
-Sol Badguy
-Sephiroth

I would say that these are characters that have come up but nobody totally knows why or what they'll ultimately be in the end if anything. My personal prediction is that most of these will wind up being Mii costumes in the end.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-happy-100-000-and-2500-pages.446378/page-2106#post-23748430

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-happy-100-000-and-2500-pages.446378/page-1867#post-23693196

Ah i see. My bad there.

Its a shame about Ms Pac Man, and its all due to her crazy legal status i bet. I still see no shantae as being rejected though ;)

I feel that square character is sora. No way he is happening. Not sure who that Microsoft is, maybe steve or master chief.

I am still sure we are getting some indie as a playable. I dont think all indie reps will just be non playable or mii costumes. I just feel it.

D

Deleted member

Ah i see. My bad there.

Its a shame about Ms Pac Man, and its all due to her crazy legal status i bet. I still see no shantae as being rejected though ;)

I feel that square character is sora. No way he is happening. Not sure who that Microsoft is, maybe steve or master chief.

I am still sure we are getting some indie as a playable. I dont think all indie reps will just be non playable or mii costumes. I just feel it.
It’s not Sora.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think I can take any theory or leak seriously that claims KOS-MOS was ever in consideration. I love Xenosaga to death but I highly doubt we ever see it in Smash. Maybe a spirit event since they have done some really weird ones but that's as much as I think it'll be.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
You know this is the Geno thread right? You only ever post about Heihachi. You should probably hang out in that thread instead unless you have something to say about Geno.
I don't know which rule I've broken to leave the thread? I replied to Fatman's theory and as far as I know it's allowed to bring up other characters when it connects to general DLC developments. I did not attack anyone and had no bad intention with my post.
Btw, my official prediction for FPv2

6. Sora- Disney rep- Start off with a bang, highly requested, major 3rd party, Crash is suspicious to me.

7. Geno- Square Rep- Do I really need to explain?

8. Lloyd- Bamco Rep- Mii costume missing, big request since brawl, Bamco costumes need to come back somehow

9. King Boo- Nintendo Rep- LM3 Spirits are missing, the game was huge for Nintendo

10. Phoenix Wright- Capcom Rep- Capcom seems likely to get a character, Dante seems like leakbait to me.

11. Master Chief- Microsoft Rep- End on a strong note for once, apparently there have been official talks according to leakers, would be a really weird character to use as leakbait.
Now I gotta ask if I talked about Lloyd instead of Heihachi, would you have reacted differently? I have the suspicion talking about another potential Bamco rep is the main point about my post you didn't like. Again I do not want to cause trouble here and now but I felt to bring that up.

As for my stance on Geno: while he is not among my most wanteds; if he gets in I think it would be cool as I trust Sakurai's words that "he would fit right into Smash". As long as he is fun to play he'd be a nice addition. A fast gunner playstyle is currently lacking since mii attribute customization from Smash 4 was removed

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah i see. My bad there.

Not Sora and not Steve or Chief. The thing about those undisclosed names is that all four would honestly be good surprises. Mii Costume Guy shared them with me, said he didn't care if I outright said them (but didn't recommend it) but I decided that the surprise would be well worth it for all four. Each would probably have as much fanfare as Sans/Cuphead with maaaaaaaaaybe the Square Enix one being potentially salt inducing. As for Kris and Knight, I don't know if it's ever been outright said but those two came from Mii Costume Guy too and I'm only talking about them because they were very publicly leaked on 4chan in December and he nuked a huge portion of his confidants in the aftermath over it (he was beyond pissed and honestly debated dropping his entire contact list over it).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No clue. As I've said for over a year now, Ryu's weird. Basically people are divided into two camps at this point: Ryu's real or Ryu was misinformation/leakbait for Byleth. There's a couple of characters like this in insider rumors and it's honestly like "thank God Geno isn't like this." Here are the characters that I would say fall into the "WTF are you" category.

-Ryu
-Travis
-Tracer
-Lloyd
-Heihachi
-Steve?
-Arle
-Sol Badguy
-Sephiroth

I would say that these are characters that have come up but nobody totally knows why or what they'll ultimately be in the end if anything. My personal prediction is that most of these will wind up being Mii costumes in the end.
Is there any reason for Sephiroth aside maybe pushed as misinformation?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi Is an honorary guest here. He created the Power of Six Theory which has honestly been the foundation of a good chunk of speculation and theorycraft for nearly half a year now. Yes, we've had/have our differences but he's welcome here and I don't think he has any ill intent being here. If things get too off topic, just let the mods handle it. Honestly, if people want to be regulars in this thread, I'm cool with it as long as people don't try to start ****.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm under the impression Fatman knows the character and would have at least told us to pack our bags.
I agree with you, but just to be sure, let's pose the question:

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , if you knew that Geno wasn't going to be playable, would you give it to us straight?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not Sora and not Steve or Chief. The thing about those undisclosed names is that all four would honestly be good surprises. Mii Costume Guy shared them with me, said he didn't care if I outright said them (but didn't recommend it) but I decided that the surprise would be well worth it for all four. Each would probably have as much fanfare as Sans/Cuphead with maaaaaaaaaybe the Square Enix one being potentially salt inducing. As for Kris and Knight, I don't know if it's ever been outright said but those two came from Mii Costume Guy too and I'm only talking about them because they were very publicly leaked on 4chan in December and he nuked a huge portion of his confidants in the aftermath over it (he was beyond pissed and honestly debated dropping his entire contact list over it).
Oh i see what you mean. Those kept secrets are most likely becoming mii costumes if anything huh?

I had no idea that happened on 4chan. I dont listen to anything said on 4chan as its 95% fake.

I am still surprised we havent seen any little leaks poping up yet. Does that mean the first character may be a 1st party, or just really tightly sealed? Im thinking the later. I am hoping that its shantae to break both the indie fan rule and spirit upgrade rule, which helps Geno a ton

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree with you, but just to be sure, let's pose the question:

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , if you knew that Geno wasn't going to be playable, would you give it to us straight?
Of course. I'm eccentric and sometimes trolly but I wouldn't **** with you all like that. I care about you all to the point that people literally complain about my dedication to the Geno fanbase here and elsewhere. Like I've said, of my current 6 predictions, I only really care about two of them (and I'm reeeeeeeally not a big fan of Dante) so I want to once again address that my predictions are not my personal wishlist and who I honestly believe have the best chances for Season 2 based on what I know.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi Is an honorary guest here. He created the Power of Six Theory which has honestly been the foundation of a good chunk of speculation and theorycraft for nearly half a year now. Yes, we've had/have our differences but he's welcome here and I don't think he has any ill intent being here. If things get too off topic, just let the mods handle it. Honestly, if people want to be regulars in this thread, I'm cool with it as long as people don't try to start ****.
Thanks I feel the same. While I don't think we will agree on everything concerning Smash speculation (no two individuals will literally ever agree on everything) I think the problems from back then have been solved and yes, I don't want to cause any trouble anymore. I still have some open matters with one or two other users, but that's got nothing to do with the thread in general.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If Madeline was to become the next Mii Costume with music. What music track would it be?

MattX20

Smash Hero

My guess as far as Sqaure Enix related characters to be kept secret is probably someone akin to 2B, Marina Liteyears, or even someone more obscure that Square could've either made or got via buyout of another company.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Of course. I'm eccentric and sometimes trolly but I wouldn't **** with you all like that. I care about you all to the point that people literally complain about my dedication to the Geno fanbase here and elsewhere. Like I've said, of my current 6 predictions, I only really care about two of them (and I'm reeeeeeeally not a big fan of Dante) so I want to once again address that my predictions are not my personal wishlist and who I honestly believe have the best chances for Season 2 based on what I know.
Thanks, it's good to know that you'd be honest with us. I'd rather just know than go months or even years with false hope. That said, we're still in the game, ladies and gents. Like my boy Capt America says, "I'm with you to the end of the line."

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Please cross your fingers for me.
My mom is in a coroutine, because of potential c-virus infection
A single mom (newborn child) that currently lives with me and my sis have gotten the stomach flu...
My computer is dying on me, and if can¨t afford a new computer >.< and with no computer, no freelance work which is essentially my only income as of now -_- I¨m nervous, scared and stressed out all at ones.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If Madeline was to become the next Mii Costume with music. What music track would it be?
First Steps is easily the most likely and most fitting pick, but really any track from that game would be great. Confronting Myself and Reach for the Summit have been brought up a few times.

I really like Scattered and Lost. I feel it would work well in Smash and I'd love to see Celeste represented.
Not a bad choice. Personally, I really like Mirror Temple (Mirror Magic Mix), it's so good it almost makes me forget about how tenderized my testicles were from all the spikes and crusher blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom