• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Happy birthday to my favourite console and one that’s given me so much joy, The Nintendo Switch. 3 years of awesome memories. Here’s to many more.

Out of left field character I’d want in Junko and Monokuma from Daganropa.

Despair may befall the Smash roster. Nah doubt it happens both they’d be my pick.

Please put another Legend of Zelda character in Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Out of left field character I’d want in from Danganronpa.
Monokuma would be infinitely better since he's a mascot and not a character that would probably start to enter spoiler territory (honestly any of the students would have people looking into them and that would run into spoilers). The problem though would be what in the hell kind of kit would you make for Monokuma, a stuffed bear/robot toy thing? He doesn't really have "attacks", he doles out punishments (read: executions) that are more "one hit kills" because a human couldn't possibly live after the things that happen.

I'd be happy over a reference to the game but I doubt anything from Danganronpa would get in.

I don't know who though. We don't know enough about the game right now to come to an conclusion unless the Champions from the original BOTW are going to be in the game. Personally, I want Urbosa. :love:
I'd really want Impa as she's been around since the first game and has been in nearly every game since. A champion would feel like another Isabelle>Tom Nook situation, but even worse IMO.

Also a new Kirby rep. BWD, let's ****ing GO.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I would actually be super hyped for a Retro character to be honest even if it wasn't a character I wanted. Personally I want Mach Rider, Wart, and Ayumi Tachibana but if it was anybody else like Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, ect I would be excited as well.
To be fair, there's a lot of retro characters I'd be hyped for, Mach Rider included, but with my luck we'd end up with Qubert or "Burger Time Sausage". Personally, my favorite retro pick would be Bubble Bobble/Bust a Move Dinosaur.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
So outside of all the names everyone is talking about like Geno, Dante, Lloyd, Master Chief, Waluigi, ect, what out of left field character are you guys expecting that might not be them? I still throw the idea Shantae still could be possible due to Seven Sirens coming up and Layton because Level 5 doesn't have a rep yet.
Honestly, if Nintendo does have the final say, they know what games they have coming soon, and in a way, I see a Byleth type character. Someone who can promote one of the rumored/upcoming games. So if it’s not one of Fatmanonice’s blessed 6 (because I really would be ecstatic for Waluigi,Geno, Crash, Lloyd, Dante, and Master Chief), I can see the following:

Paper Mario
BOTW 2 Rep
Sylux or a different Metroid Rep
Dixie Kong

Aside from BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4, the rumored Paper Mario, DK, and Metroid games do have me intrested. Plus I see it like this, Nintendo communicates with Sakurai on their upcoming games, why wouldn’t they want to promote something they feel is substantial? They did it with Fire Emblem Three Houses. Of course, that’s just my opinion....

But something truly out of left field?.... Foreman Spike

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Now this has always been so insanely weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* WarioWare. I loved it before the first game even came out when they had that demo back on Wario World for the Gamecube. While I haven't gotten some of the latest additions, I still greatly enjoyed and love the series. But what I don't get or understand is the absolute adoration that Ashley gets (in the same way that as a Warcraft fan, I don't get the love Sylvanas gets if anyone else here knows the WC universe). She's pretty much a Mary Sue who does whatever she wants and is untouchable. She's also that keeps-to-herself brooding type that doesn't let anyone get in her way, but she's just a teen(?) and has a little devil servant thing named Red. Idk, call me a jerk if you want, but I think WW has much better and more interesting characters like Jimmy, Mona, or Dribble and Spitz who are an anthropomorphic dog and cat duo that can talk, have a taxi service, and weird crap happens to them consistently. Orbulon and Dr. Crygor are also way more fascinating to me.

I don't know. I get that she has a following but I just do not understand why. It's like how Isabelle usurped Tom Nook for that Smash spot, except Isabelle I can totally understand why she's loved. Ashley, I don't get nearly at all.
Y'know, the more of your posts I read the more I'm starting to think you're just me from an parallel universe. Seriously, how the hell is it that we agree on so much so frequently?

Existential questions aside, I 100% agree. Ashley is easily my least favorite WarioWare character and I find the feverish fan devotion to the character to be ridiculous and overblown. She's an obnoxious, egotistical asshole who treats everyone around her with disdain and throws ****fits whenever she doesn't get her way, yet we're supposed to feel bad for her because she's allegedly very lonely and has few friends. She has an annoying theme song that loudly proclaims how awesome and amazing she is despite her never doing, or being for that matter, anything all that different or amazing compared to everyone else in the series.

The only reason she's anywhere near as popular as she is, making all sorts of appearances in **** like Nintendo Badge Arcade, Super Mario Maker, and even Smash, is because of her superficial cuteness. Also because certain people want to... well, watch this video.
As mean as this sounds, she was the only character who I was beyond happy to see not make it in as a fighter. I audibly laughed as she was revealed as an Assist Trophy, and the memes that came from that moment continues to give me life to this very day.
I never say this about any other character, but I honestly hope she never gets in Smash as a fighter.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Y'know, the more of your posts I read the more I'm starting to think you're just me from an parallel universe. Seriously, how the hell is it that we agree on so much so frequently?
I mean, if you want I could hand you *plenty* that we disagree with, but that would be neither here nor there.
That said though, what's funny is my IRL name and your alias share a name.

Existential questions aside, I 100% agree. Ashley is easily my least favorite WarioWare character and I find the feverish fan devotion to the character to be ridiculous and overblown.
I'm not saying she's necessarily my least favorite, but by no means is she my favorite. I don't know if I have a "favorite", but Mona's wackiness and Spitz because of his own wackiness and Dribble's too (plus I like cats as evidenced by my pfp...). My point is simply that there's plenty of characters I would pick before her, and there might be a couple I'd pick after that I literally can't remember or think of atm.

She's an obnoxious, egotistical asshole who treats everyone around her with disdain and throws ****fits whenever she doesn't get her way, yet we're supposed to feel bad for her because she's allegedly very lonely and has few friends.
It's almost like acting in such a way results in no friends, and it's really annoying when characters like this always question it but can't see the obviousness of it all. She'll one day grow up to be a BDSM dominatrix, I'm sure.

She has an annoying theme song that loudly proclaims how awesome and amazing she is despite her never doing, or being for that matter, anything all that different or amazing compared to everyone else in the series.
I don't necessarily mind the theme song, but yes.

The only reason she's anywhere near as popular as she is, making all sorts of appearances in **** like Nintendo Badge Arcade, Super Mario Maker, and even Smash, is because of her superficial cuteness.
Is... is she even considered "cute"? Idk, I never saw her as such.

Also because certain people want to... well, watch this video.
Oh maybe I don't find her cute because I'm not hetero?... or a pedophile apparently? In all seriousness though, there's a fine line between the misunderstood and/or lonely character that lashes out (usually "tsundere" being that well known term, but doesn't have to be to such an extent), and the annoying **** that no one wants to deal with because they're so insufferable, and both Ashley and as previously mentioned, Sylvanas, fit into that latter category a lot more than the former one. Yet people absolutely love both of them and I don't get why. Is it the "omg step on me" sexual fantasy they have, or do they actually like characters like this? One's just annoying and the other is just an awfully written character, both however being totally unstoppable Mary Sues whose only flaw is somehow being not emo and edgy enough.

As mean as this sounds, she was the only character who I was beyond happy to see not make it in as a fighter.
Unfortunately though, if you ever talk about Waluigi having even a sliver of a chance, that would mean Ashley does as well. That said, I truly do think the only ATs who truly have a chance at promotion would be Waluigi, Isaac, and Shovel Knight, with Lyn as a possibility just because she's Fire Emblem (and although I am *sick* of seeing Fire Emblem/Single-sword-using characters, Lyn the only one I wouldn't mind seeing get in, though I'm perfectly fine with her staying out).

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Since we're somehow on the topic of additional Wario characters... another WarioWare character would be nice, but I'd rather we get someone else from a different series of Wario games...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and Shovel Knight
Eh...The fact that reactions to the indie content we're getting is a lot more at-least-they're-in-somehow than those to Waluigi still being an AT make me think the best he'll get is a Mii Swordfighter costume.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Since we're somehow on the topic of additional Wario characters... another WarioWare character would be nice, but I'd rather we get someone else from a different series of Wario games...
Well, lookie here! I see you are a man of culture, AceAttorney9000.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I mean, if you want I could hand you *plenty* that we disagree with, but that would be neither here nor there.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
... or not, if you don't feel like it. That's cool.

That said though, what's funny is my IRL name and your alias share a name.
YOUR REAL NAME IS MISTER?!

Oh maybe I don't find her cute because I'm not hetero?... or a pedophile apparently? In all seriousness though, there's a fine line between the misunderstood and/or lonely character that lashes out (usually "tsundere" being that well known term, but doesn't have to be to such an extent), and the annoying **** that no one wants to deal with because they're so insufferable, and both Ashley and as previously mentioned, Sylvanas, fit into that latter category a lot more than the former one. Yet people absolutely love both of them and I don't get why. Is it the "omg step on me" sexual fantasy they have, or do they actually like characters like this? One's just annoying and the other is just an awfully written character, both however being totally unstoppable Mary Sues whose only flaw is somehow being not emo and edgy enough.
It's very much is the former. I mean, that's basically the appeal of Tsunderes after all, as well as CBT. Some guys just love the idea of getting humiliated and/or bossed around by a more aggressive female partner, especially if they're smaller and/or appear weaker than they are.

Unfortunately though, if you ever talk about Waluigi having even a sliver of a chance, that would mean Ashley does as well. That said, I truly do think the only ATs who truly have a chance at promotion would be Waluigi, Isaac, and Shovel Knight, with Lyn as a possibility just because she's Fire Emblem (and although I am *sick* of seeing Fire Emblem/Single-sword-using characters, Lyn the only one I wouldn't mind seeing get in, though I'm perfectly fine with her staying out).
I never said she didn't have a chance, I'm just saying I don't want her in as a fighter.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So far two major announcements have been made for "Mario Week" next week. Apparently Mario is officially teaming up with Levi Jeans for something and Mario Kart Tour is getting multiplayer for up to 8 players. It's a weird start, especially in the light that these were dropped more than a week in advance.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Be glad she isn't real, and that she didn't read that.

Because if she did, you'd be toast. :p
Actually, it would be the other way around. In real life, magic doesn't exist, so she'd have no power here. As unathletic as I am, I'd suplex her ass faster than you could say abracadabra.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually, it would be the other way around. In real life, magic doesn't exist, so she'd have no power here. As unathletic as I am, I'd suplex her ass faster than you could say abracadabra.
Oh, boy! You'd be a child abuser for sure if you did that! :p

Though being athletic myself, I could do it faster than you. :troll:

Griselda

Smash Lord
This is kinda starting to veer into just bashing Ashley, and I'm not sure that's very good for the thread's image.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So far two major announcements have been made for "Mario Week" next week. Apparently Mario is officially teaming up with Levi Jeans for something and Mario Kart Tour is getting multiplayer for up to 8 players. It's a weird start, especially in the light that these were dropped more than a week in advance.
Interesting, there might be more Mario related news yet to be shown off, possibly something Mario related for the General Direct should it occur next week, maybe even Smash related

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I think there is a bit of a misconception about what coronavirus is cancelling and what it probably is not cancelling. Japan's government has suggested closing schools, yes, and the United States has, on a local/municipal level, done the same in the recent past for swine flu. Schools are a breeding ground for viruses, and if you need any proof of that, think back to how often you got sick while in grades 1-12 and compare it to how often you get sick as an adult, when you likely have less close contact to other humans.

Non-essential things like concerts, sports gatherings, etc, which pack people into stadiums right next to each other should be cancelled, in my opinion, for the exact same reason. When people have paid for tickets, sometimes their refusal to have wasted their money leads to them doing something ridiculous like going to a sporting event while sick, which carries a massive risk of infecting others - these athletes and bands aren't cancelling for their own sake, it's for the public's good.

Stuff like Sony cancelling their appearances at conventions and such? That's for their employee's good just as much as it's for the public good. Those folks would have to be on the floor, dealing with any and all random folks, and with a disease like COVID-19, in which extremely mild cases can produce almost no symptoms but still be transmissible, is bad! But that doesn't mean Sony has shuttered their business - they're populated by adults who hopefully receive sick leave time and, especially with an epidemic going on, will responsibly stay away until they can confirm that they aren't contagious. The same holds true for Nintendo, who obviously have no qualms about sending their representatives to PAX to brave the potential of the virus, have not decided to close down business, and a Nintendo direct, being something they likely shoot in-house, shouldn't be affected.

I think there are two possibilities: they have nothing to show (their stocks dipped after their quarterly report in January), or they're simply waiting to show it off until they good and damn well intended to in the first place. I think they simply don't have anything to show, or what they have to show was nowhere close to ready in January and February.
It doesn’t really matter if it’s in-house or not. You’re kind of ignoring what the general directs are positioned to do. It’s to announce games and give us a basic preview of what’s coming over the year.

With the way this virus is affecting certain events lately, it’s definitely in the realm of possibility that Nintendo is in a state of uncertainty for a lot of upcoming releases.
It unfortunately trickles down. Or in this case up.

For example
Paper Mario is announced.

Where does Nintendo manufacture its cases, cartridges, promotional material, etc? Despite them being a Japanese based company, they still utilize resources from China.

All this will factor into changing the release table of some games. As well as their overall market plan for the year.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way, guys, is it just me, or are we the ones who talk about the next Direct most in comparison to other newcomer threads in the Smash Bros. Ultimate section here?

Anyway, I hope if not this week, we get something next week on Mario day. Geno for Smash, maybe? That is Mario enough, right?

Griselda

Smash Lord
Ashley is a character that has worth regardless of her flaws, as well as fans who like her for legitimate reasons, just like Geno. I'll leave it at that.

On another topic, I think Exor would make a good assist trophy, if Geno comes with anything like that. He could function similarly to the Moon, I think.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ashley is a character that has worth regardless of her flaws, as well as fans who like her for legitimate reasons, just like Geno. I'll leave it at that.

On another topic, I think Exor would make a good assist trophy, if Geno comes with anything like that. He could function similarly to the Moon, I think.
Hey, there was no need to say that. I think it was just one or two more people. It's not like any harm was done.

As for Exor, heck yeah! I can see him being a background Assist Trophy shooting lasers from his eyes and what not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Mario Week... TerminalMontage TerminalMontage I need your help with something. Several people have tried contacting you through YouTube and tagging you in stuff seems to get your attention the fastest. Basically putting a bow on a project and you're the last major Geno fan we want to talk to before it launches.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Exor would act like Alolan Exeggutor, only it would be bigger, have an active hurtbox on the blade in addition to being a wall, and would last forever.

On the topic of Mario Week... TerminalMontage TerminalMontage I need your help with something. Several people have tried contacting you through YouTube and tagging you in stuff seems to get your attention the fastest. Basically putting a bow on a project and you're the last major Geno fan we want to talk to before it launches.
GenoThinking.png

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>big announcements for Mario week
>SMRPG released on March 9th

879D3ED1-F6F5-4447-9A85-E25FAB30739F.jpeg

StarMagician

Smash Cadet
here's what I can put together

> March 10th is Mario Day
> Nintendo has already announced two of many Mario announcements for Mario Week
> March 10th is a Tuesday, one of the biggest days for Directs
> Super Mario RPG released on March 9th, 24 years ago
> we have officially passed the longest drought between Directs in Nintendo history
is any of my information wrong? or are the stars aligning? :^)

don't listen to me though I'm blowing smoke

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, yeah, something else I forgot to mention. Miyamoto is going to have an exclusive interview in Famitsu next week but over what hasn't been disclosed yet. Mario Day might actually be a pretty big deal this year.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This could be either good and bad for certain fans with the news drought still ongoing.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
... or not, if you don't feel like it. That's cool.
A challenge you will probably decline. Just look at my avatar. I also have knowledge of what the number "621" means, usually with an "e" thrown in there somewhere. Do you really want to accept this challenge? >_>;

YOUR REAL NAME IS MISTER?!
YUP, YOU FOUND ME OUT.

It's very much is the former. I mean, that's basically the appeal of Tsunderes after all, as well as CBT. Some guys just love the idea of getting humiliated and/or bossed around by a more aggressive female partner, especially if they're smaller and/or appear weaker than they are.
Oh for sure, though I never really had a problem with tsunderes, just Mary Sues.

The fact that there's any announcement makes me very hopeful they'll make a big, splashy, direct announcement next week.

Because if she did, you'd be toast. :p
Eyyy you said the thing!

This is kinda starting to veer into just bashing Ashley, and I'm not sure that's very good for the thread's image.
For the record, I'm not bashing her, all I said was "I don't like her", "I don't get the massive appeal", and "I think she's not a great character because she's a Mary Sue". If people want her in Smash, hey, more power to them. Just because I don't, doesn't mean I'm gonna hate on people who do, in the same way I actively don't want MC or Sora in Smash, but you don't see me crapping all over their fans nor their character support threads.

By the way, guys, is it just me, or are we the ones who talk about the next Direct most in comparison to other newcomer threads in the Smash Bros. Ultimate section here?
Well, when you have the biggest thread that's gone on for 100k+ posts, you tend to get off-topic a lot and basically talk about everything even remotely touching the character, especially when the thread is constantly active daily and not just people popping in when a potentially new topic arises.

(this is purely in jest so don't hate me) owo wat dis

Oh, yeah, something else I forgot to mention. Miyamoto is going to have an exclusive interview in Famitsu next week but over what hasn't been disclosed yet. Mario Day might actually be a pretty big deal this year.
If the direct drops on it, it'll be ****ing MASSIVE. If the direct doesn't drop, it's gonna be ****ing MASSIVEly disappointing.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the direct drops on it, it'll be ****ing MASSIVE. If the direct doesn't drop, it's gonna be ****ing MASSIVEly disappointing.
If the Direct doesn't drop at all, perhaps we should gather fans and write Nintendo a letter asking why this is the case? Doesn't have to be angry at all, but still...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It IS the 35th Anniversary, Nintendo actually makes that a pretty big deal with Mario. 25th Anniversary we got that red Wii and the Mario All-Stars port, 30th got Mario Maker and the special 8 bit-amiibo, plus they always do stuff like Soundtrack CD's. They probably do actually have something big Mario related this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom