• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just the thought of that makes me laugh harder than Nintendo having a big ass booth at Pax just for Animal Crossing (I still can't get over that; I was so wrong about it), a game we already know pretty much everything about at this point and it's not even out yet.

I'd be beyond thrilled for it to happen, but I just do not see Square willing to do that when, again, we barely got Cloud in the game, and we only got 8 DQ songs with Hero, 2 from each game that we got a Hero alt from.
But that's what I'm saying. Hero's loophole is that they got two pieces of music PER GAME. What if Geno did something similar? Yes, only two tracks from SMRPG would be kind of a bummer but what if, for example, we got two tracks from every mainline Final Fantasy game (except 7, obviously)? That's 14 games and 28 tracks! Again, kind of crazy but so was SNK's music spread before it happened.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Does Super Mario RPG even have 50 songs that do not include the Super Mario inspired music?
SMRPG has 60 tracks, including super short songs like "Shock!" (when it's revealed Mallow obviously isn't a Tadpole), and all the remixes of Mario songs. It also includes Toadofsky's composition with a TOTALLY BLANK ENDING (since he lets you finish the song however you want so there's no "official" ending).

But that's what I'm saying. Hero's loophole is that they got two pieces of music PER GAME. What if Geno did something similar? Yes, only two tracks from SMRPG would be kind of a bummer but what if, for example, we got two tracks from every mainline Final Fantasy game (except 7, obviously)? That's 14 games and 28 tracks! Again, kind of crazy but so was SNK's music spread before it happened.
I figured the reason was because it was too expensive to get the other songs. Why wouldn't they want more money for the other songs even if it's not tied to the character? I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
2 tracks for:

SMRPG
PM
PM: TTYD
SPM
PM: SS
PM: CS
M&L: SS
M&L: PIT
M&L: BIS
M&L: DT
M&L: PJ

Each? I would be totally up for that.

QQS

Smash Lord
I also believe Geno is coming with more than 2 tracks. Maybe 10 like B-K. And also that they are going to upgrade FF tracklist on Smash with Geno’s inclusion. Mallow as a costume, assist or even as part of a Geno’s move/final smash/taunt is totally possible for me.

Geno is a 100% for me (as a I always have believed, #76 or #77); but can you imagine in the next direct: “Geno blasts into the party!” Followed by: “Mallow thunders in!”.

Anyway, I love Mallow also, but I’m 100% done with Geno’s playable + Mallow in some other form with him in the game.

Cant wait for these weeks! So many anniversaries: 3 years of Switch, 24 years of SMRPG, and Mar10Day.

#GenoForSmash

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Mallow as a costume, assist or even as part of a Geno’s move/final smash/taunt is totally possible for me.
Y'know what I'd really love? Some nod to Mario, Bowser, Peach, and of course Mallow in one of his victory screens, like them surrounding him while cheering as he leaves the doll and returns to Star Road or something like that; something akin to Chrom being in Robin's victory screen, or Mario in Piranha Plant's (but in a more positive manner).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Square Enix aside, I think it's a cool idea because it really opens things up if the 6 remaining packs were treated like Terry. Not everybody would be super thrilled with Chief as playable but getting music and spirits from Halo, Minecraft, various RARE games, etc would be a pretty alright compromise. Again, not super thrilled with the idea of Dante but if he came with Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Ghouls N Ghosts, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, etc music then I'd definitely be 1000% less salty.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Square Enix aside, I think it's a cool idea because it really opens things up if the 6 remaining packs were treated like Terry.
Yeah I'd be thrilled, but I still don't see it happening. Square's notorious for being divas, granted Shimomura's not at all like Uematsu or Sugiyama, so let's pray he gets more tracks.

Not everybody would be super thrilled with Chief as playable
That'd be me.

but getting music and spirits from Halo
Still wouldn't care, unlike I was with Byleth.

Minecraft
References are fine, but I can't recall a single song in Minecraft that would be Smash-appropriate.

various RARE games
*raises eyebrow* Okay, now you have me interested, lol. I'd love some Jet Force Gemini tracks, considering the game is *in* the code regarding Spirits (Blast Corps too).

Again, not super thrilled with the idea of Dante but if he came with Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Ghouls N Ghosts, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, etc music then I'd definitely be 1000% less salty.
Same thing as above. That'd be cool. I wanna smash to "Cornered!", but with a remix that throws one Phoenix "Objection!" in there.

Legit, if anyone here hasn't played Pheonix Wright, you should give the music a listen to. Plenty of great Smash-potential songs. How about the third Testimony music from the Miles Edgeworth Investigations game? Oh man, now I don't care who the Capcom rep is if I get songs like this in!

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I think Terry was more of Sakurai just fanboying over SNK and the Neo Geo's history and such, plus there being no other picks from that series. In all of these scenarios you guys are bringing up like Dante also having Phoenix Wright content, and Chief having the microsoft stuff. I'd probably rather they just added the other character on their own instead of throwing a bunch of stuff that doesn't represent that series in with a fighter. It fit with Terry because he's been all over the place. But if that was the only way we'd get Objection I'd be fine with it, lol

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think Terry was more of Sakurai just fanboying over SNK and the Neo Geo's history and such
No, that was more SNK being cool. Sakurai brought them a list of songs and they said "Alright!", not "okay you can have these 10ish". I'd be willing to bet they did the same with Sega/Atlus, Square, and Microsoft/Rare, but with probably less songs on the list.

Inb4 "why didn't Fire Emblem 3H get more music then?": Did they leave out any Smash-appropriate songs from 3H? I played through the game and I'm not really remembering any that were great for Smash that didn't get added in. Obviously you're not gonna have chill-ass monastery music for a high action game like Smash, and they were keeping it to just 3H, not trying to get other FE songs added in.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Terry was more of Sakurai just fanboying over SNK and the Neo Geo's history and such, plus there being no other picks from that series. In all of these scenarios you guys are bringing up like Dante also having Phoenix Wright content, and Chief having the microsoft stuff. I'd probably rather they just added the other character on their own instead of throwing a bunch of stuff that doesn't represent that series in with a fighter. It fit with Terry because he's been all over the place. But if that was the only way we'd get Objection I'd be fine with it, lol
True, but without Fatal Fury/King of Fighters Smash wouldn't exist. Sakurai first thought of the conspect of Smash when he beat someone's *** in a game of King of Fighters at the arcade. Terry while I would say not that iconic or popular deserves to be in Smash for this alone.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still, my whole theorycrafting point today is that I think Season 2 is going to try to cover a lot of bases, like SNK did.

"Oh? You think Geno sucks? Fine... Here's a ****ton of Square Enix music and some bomb-ass Square Enix Mii costumes to compromise."

"Hate Chief? Fine... Here's some of Microsoft's best music including **** from Minecraft and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Eat a ****..."

Per usual, I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I'm honestly falling in love with this idea, especially if they do this for Capcom and Square Enix because the potential is absolutely absurd. Seriously, imagine if we got Geno and Nintendo goes absolute mad lad and gets **** like Chrono Trigger and the World Ends with You music in the process? You know how Cell dies in DBZ when Gohan destroys him on a molecular level? That would basically be me but with hype.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm curious to know who that potential groundbreaking Indie Mii costume is. You don't have to hint the description or name for me because I know you're protecting your contects, but can you explain to me how everyone might react towards that mysterious Mii costume?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
References are fine, but I can't recall a single song in Minecraft that would be Smash-appropriate.
There's some minigame music from the legacy console editions, and I think at least a couple of Creative Mode tracks fit, though it isn't like they haven't already had calm music in Smash or fast-paced remixes of originally calm music (such as 2 A.M. from Animal Crossing: Wild World)...and then there's Environmental Noises. There are some nice fast-paced fan remixes of Minecraft music, too.

I'd still be disappointed if Steve isn't playable. Geno is my only other wanted character who I think has a good shot, so I hope they both get in...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
If another Indie Mii Costume should appear, I guess one of these characters in possible Wave 6, 8, 10
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Madeline (Celeste)
Quote (Cave Story. Though IDK if Nicalas will accept it due to their history)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, with my pessimism concerning Square's feet dragging on adding music to Smash, I'd sooner expect Goku playable before seeing Square offer more FF songs.

D

Deleted member

Does Super Mario RPG even have 50 songs that do not include the Super Mario inspired music?
Pardon me if I fail to remember some of the real names of these tracks...

1 The Road is Full of Dangers
2 Still the Road is Full of Dangers
3 Fight Against a Stronger Enemey
4 Fight Against an Armed Boss
5 The Merry Marry Bell Rings
6 Booster Tower
7 And My Name is Booster
8 Moleville
9 Let's Do the Fuka Fuka
10 Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
11 Vs Smithy
12 Vs Smithy 2
13 Barrel Volcano
14 Deep Sea
15 Seaside Town
16 Goodbye, Geno
17 Rose Town
18 Tadpole Pond
19 Yo'ster Isle (I don't remember it having any Mario motifs)
20 Battle theme
21 Factory
22 Hill Chase
23 River Ride
24 Margerie Margarita
25 Monstro Town

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, probably forgetting one here and there... But 25 ain't bad. A lot of these wouldn't really feel like music to fight to, but I would appreciate them either way.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
48 songs from SMRPG in Smash, with 40 of them being remixes of Jungle Hiji-, er, Forest Maze.
If there isn't at least 10 *UNIQUE* tracks, I can kiss my want of having Margarie Margarita goodbye :(

I really should find that post of mine where I listed out 10-15 tracks...

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Crash is getting in before Spyro and that's a fact. And this coming from someone is more of a Spyro fan than a Crash one.
I really hope Spyro gets in first. I much prefer him over Crash and I'm just so tired of everyone being so certain about so much this cycle. Since when did everyone become masters of knowing who's gonna be dlc? Why do we even speculate anymore?

Also, is there anyone who can make a decent Geno outfit? Just a simple hat, cape and slippers? With the ribbons too, of course lol. Imagine Sakurai's reaction if he got a set in the mail. Wonder if he'd post pictures of him in it :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m more of a Spyro fan myself too. Heck he’s one of my favourite gaming characters and the series is one of my favourites.

But I do think Crash deserves it more. Fun move set, iconic character and a well loved pick.

Hope it happens.

If Spyro is just a mini costume that’d be awesome too.

Kind of hilarious as well. Cause it’d look like they turned Spyro into a jacket or something.

Okay yeah kind of dark. But yeah I’d be fine with that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Crash is getting in before Spyro and that's a fact. And this coming from someone is more of a Spyro fan than a Crash one.
Not to derail things too much but Crash definitely wins over Spyro if only because Crash in his hayday was seen as a true rival to Mario and Sonic. If we're totally honest, there's not really a lot of characters that have ever gotten that distinction at all. Master Chief is another one that I think people severely underrate their video game icon status despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of either. People get super salty on this topic but Activision/Blizzard's leading mascot is Crash and Microsoft's is definitely Chief. When it comes to history, influence, and overall impact on gaming as a whole, there's no contest.

Dukefire

Smash Master
There will always be salt when it comes to who will be the representative mascot for the company in smash.

Firox

Smash Master
So I noticed some of you discussing whether coronavirus is having any kind of impact on Nintendo or the suspicious stalling of a potential Direct. While I agree that the virus shouldn't really be effecting Nintendo's ability to broadcast information, it may very well be stifling their overall hardware production for reasons they won't care to admit.....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...g_from_the_use_of_chinese_forced_labour_camps

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There will always be salt when it comes to who will be the representative mascot for the company in smash.
Right but it's one of those things that I consider to be hard to swallow pills about Smash speculation. When it comes to a company's first character in Smash, they're going to go with their most iconic. Arguably SEGA, Capcom, Square, and Konami have already crossed this bridge and can now pretty much add whoever the **** they want now but anyone brand new is going to go with their biggest and best.

D

Deleted member

So I noticed some of you discussing whether coronavirus is having any kind of impact on Nintendo or the suspicious stalling of a potential Direct. While I agree that the virus shouldn't really be effecting Nintendo's ability to broadcast information, it may very well be stifling their overall hardware production for reasons they won't care to admit.....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...g_from_the_use_of_chinese_forced_labour_camps
I doubt a disruption in Nintendo's supply chain, whether or not anyone has a problem with the ethics of the situation, would be noticeable.

If Amiibos are any indication they don't understand meeting demand in the first place.

Firox

Smash Master
I doubt a disruption in Nintendo's supply chain, whether or not anyone has a problem with the ethics of the situation, would be noticeable.

If Amiibos are any indication they don't understand meeting demand in the first place.
I can't figure out which is more pathetic though:

-The willful exploitation of other human beings for profit
or
-Blatant ignorance/disregard for their own consumers to boot

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
If another Indie Mii Costume should appear, I guess one of these characters in possible Wave 6, 8, 10
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Madeline (Celeste)
Quote (Cave Story. Though IDK if Nicalas will accept it due to their history)
I think Knight is our best bet, but maybe Freddy Fazbear too...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So outside of all the names everyone is talking about like Geno, Dante, Lloyd, Master Chief, Waluigi, ect, what out of left field character are you guys expecting that might not be them? I still throw the idea Shantae still could be possible due to Seven Sirens coming up and Layton because Level 5 doesn't have a rep yet.

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
So outside of all the names everyone is talking about like Geno, Dante, Lloyd, Master Chief, Waluigi, ect, what out of left field character are you guys expecting that might not be them? I still throw the idea Shantae still could be possible due to Seven Sirens coming up and Layton because Level 5 doesn't have a rep yet.
I’m expecting Arle for sure, too much evidence pointing towards her to ignore

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was about to say Layton but you took the words out of my mouth. An archeologist that actually fights canonicaly yes please

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I’m expecting Arle for sure, too much evidence pointing towards her to ignore
I think it was my buddy GoeGoe GoeGoe that first brought all the evidence for Arle to the Goemon thread and than he showed me. Than he mention it to papagenos papagenos and than it blew up. If you don't believe me, just ask papagenos papagenos . But I could see her happening.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've been speculating Layton for months, and I'm amazed people aren't looking at Level 5 more given their relationship with Nintendo

Firox

Smash Master
Honestly? I could see any of following as legit possibles:

-Geno
-Dante
-Lloyd
-Master Chief
-Gen 8 Pokemon
-Ryu H
-Crash
-Dixie Kong
-Phoenix Wright
-Heihachi/Jin
-KOS-MOS
-Sora
-2B

Long shots:
-Golden Sun Rep
-Xenoblade 2 Rep
-Earthbound Rep (Porky or Poo)
-BotW 2 shill
-Retro WTF character/Obligatory kick to the nuts

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
-Retro WTF character/Obligatory kick to the nuts
I would actually be super hyped for a Retro character to be honest even if it wasn't a character I wanted. Personally I want Mach Rider, Wart, and Ayumi Tachibana but if it was anybody else like Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, ect I would be excited as well.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Expecting? I have no idea who to expect lol.

As for impossible hope? I'd like:
1. Kite or Dig-Dug for the Bamco rep
2. Shantae
3. Spyro
4. Aero the Acro-bat
5. Beat from Jet Grind Radio

Unfortunately, even if they made another 5 Smash games after ultimate, it feels like only 2 of those might ever happen.

Last edited:

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
BOTW 2 character

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we don't get an announcement for the Direct this week, then maybe the second or third week may show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom