• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Happy 2500 pages and 10 000th post !

Once again , show the love and dedication that Geno and SMRPG fans have.
Actually , does anyone have a png of a Geno hat to spare ? I would like to give my pfp a second hat.

Also , since we're probably getting a direct this month , with a fighter announcement...
I'll share my wishlist for this fighter pass That's not realistic at all of course :

Did anyone else made one here ?
>Geno
>Saki
>Klonoa

AManOfCulture.png

I made a Fighter Pass prediction image a while back, but I've yet to really update it. More recently, I discussed my expecations for Vol.2, so here's that.
-= Expectations =-
- Geno, natch. Everything seems to be lining up for him to get in, so I wouldn't be too suprised if he did. Also, it'd give me an excuse to play through SMRPG for the first time, hopefully through NSO.

- Crash. Got into the series proper with the N.Sane Trilogy and I think he's got a great shot at getting in at this point. He's one of the few characters left who I feel would be at a similar level to Banjo and Kazooie in terms of sheer hype, plus the memes that would spawn from his inclusion would be legendary.

- A Bandai/Namco character. Could either be Lloyd or Heihachi, but I'm leaning more towards Heihachi at this point. Much like Geno, his Mii Costume could've easily come back alongside Terry and yet it didn't. Given how popular he and his home series is, I wouldn't be suprised if they picked him.

- A 1st Party Nintendo character. Whether that be a new Pokemon, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, or even Waluigi, I think there's a good chance we'll be getting at least one character wholly owned by Nintendo. No idea who this would be specifically, I'm just hoping it isn't another Pokemon character.

- Some crazy left-fielder that nobody particularly wanted, but no one is upset to see in Smash. Basically Dante, Rayman, or Ryu Hayabusa. Dante's had quite a few things going for him as of late, so there's a decent chance that we'll see him get in. Though there's not much going for him in terms of speculation, Rayman is pretty well liked by most and I don't think anyone would be upset to see him get in, so he'd fit. Ryu may have actually been either leakbait (HOO HA HA!) or a misunderstanding on the part of whoever IAmShifty was getting his info from, but I still think there's a chance for him simply because, despite being a massive pain in the testicles, Ninja Gaiden was pretty fun.

- Someone big, REALLY big. People usually say that Smash always ends on a low note in terms of final characters, but given how this'll be the very last Smash for a while, I have a good feeling they'll want to end off strong with a bonafide show-stopper. Master Chief is the name on most people's tounges right now due to Microsoft being real cooperative. Any Valve character would fit this criteria, most notably Gordon Freeman, The Heavy, or Chell. Just about anyone from Sony would be amazing as well: Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Ellie from The Last of Us, even Knack. ESPECIALLY Knack.

D

Deleted member

This, so much this. There's no more risk in having a direct RN than there is just keeping people coming to work like any other day. It'll still be the same people who'd be there no matter what, Nintendo doesn't film directs in front of a live audience. If one guy comes to work with Corona Virus and infects everyone, it would've happened no matter whether there was a direct or not.
funny that you would say that - where I work we have a full recording studio in house but shoots are so uncommon we don't have a position dedicated to it, so we have an outside contractor do the shoot. In that situation, he wouldn't normally be here, but likewise if he were to do the responsible thing and call in sick, we'd have backups, including some in house people (myself included) who know how to operate the recording studio.

I think the odds are against Nintendo's recording guy getting hit with coronavirus either way.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think there are two possibilities: they have nothing to show
Well they have DLC 6 to show, so they don't have nothing. They at least have to show this off soon as we're now officially *OVER A MONTH* since they've started to sell FP2 and still have yet to show a single character from it. Joker was shown before the game even came out. The equivalent would be if they had shown off DLC 6 like right around the time Byleth came out. TBH they should have to soften the blow from getting another FE character... also the fact that the Direct wasn't coming til March or later...

Also if they have *nothing to show*, why did they have a Pokemon and AC Direct each? Most of the Pokemon and AC stuff could have been in a general Direct. To me, it says "we actually have quite a bit to show, we just don't want to show it yet, teehee~".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well they have DLC 6 to show, so they don't have nothing. They at least have to show this off soon as we're now officially *OVER A MONTH* since they've started to sell FP2 and still have yet to show a single character from it. Joker was shown before the game even came out. The equivalent would be if they had shown off DLC 6 like right around the time Byleth came out (TBH they should have to soften the blow from getting another FE character).
Ok, so it's obvious that Smash, being the most important thing not only for Nintendo to stay afloat but for the entire universe to remain physically stable, is something they could and need to show off, but when I say "nothing", I mean they don't have any lesser games to show off, like that one trick pony Mario or that dead franchise Zelda. They don't even have their cash cow, magnum opus Fire Emblem to show off, because they just released DLC for its latest installment. There's just nothing else.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, going off my last post, becoming an NPC in Smash is actually kind of a big deal, especially Mii costumes and Assist Trophies. Like I showed, about a third of the current cast were NPCs before they were prrrrrrromoted to playable. Let's take a look Smash history as a whole and look at the number of prrrrrrromotions in each game:

Melee: None (not too surprising)
Brawl: 9
Smash 4: 9
Ultimate: 9

So, this said, promotions have been a big part of every Smash game and why expecting one or two in Season 2 is hardly unreasonable. The only thing that hasn't happened yet is promotions in the same game and that's honestly not too big of a hurdle anymore, especially in the light that Smash Ultimate will soon start its second year of DLC so we're already more than a year past the "rules" of the base game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can already tell that there's a couple of fanbases that are going to keep going but, yeah, most will probably fold because that's honestly what happens with each game. As somebody who has done this for technically four speculation cycles, I've noticed that the fanbases that don't completely pack up camp are usually in good standings to eventually become playable while the fanbases that give up typically become or stay as NPCs. If your character is an NPC, that's definitely not the end. If you go through Smash history, not counting ALTs, 27 of the characters were NPCs in Smash before they became playable. Ridley was literally an NPC in every single Smash game until Ultimate. K. Rool and Daisy were since Melee. These fanbases had to wait close to two decades before things panned out. If your fanbase has only come up since Smash 4 or even Ultimate, yeah, there's a good chance that you'll have to tack on a decent amount of mileage as a fanbase before things finally happen. Rayman, BWD, Isaac, Sora, and Shantae are some that immediately come to mind on this topic and will likely be around until they get in.
I think so too. I think Sora, Isaac, Shantae, Bandana Dee, and Rayman's fanbases will maintain their popularity going into the next Smash while a few others will rise in popularity like K. Rool did after Brawl. The other characters I see becoming much more popular in the future is Dixie Kong and Ashley.

Rare and DKC fans are satisfied with K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie and come next game they will be hungry for Dixie Kong.

Ashley is a character who's popularity I see getting huge in the future. She had the 2nd biggest Ultimate support thread right next to K. Rool's before she was deconfirmed and probably would still be one of the biggest support threads on the site had not for her deconfirmation. She will rise high in the Smash 6 speculation scene.

Waluigi I see being talked about a lot as well in Smash 6 if he doesn't get promoted in Ultimate.

All those characters I see being the talk of the town come the next game's speculation.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, "poll results" are pointing out that Sora and Dante are the most highly requests as of right now. Though FP 2's 6 challengers has already been decided during FP 1 development

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ok, so it's obvious that Smash, being the most important thing not only for Nintendo to stay afloat but for the entire universe to remain physically stable, is something they could and need to show off, but when I say "nothing", I mean they don't have any lesser games to show off, like that one trick pony Mario or that dead franchise Zelda. They don't even have their cash cow, magnum opus Fire Emblem to show off, because they just released DLC for its latest installment. There's just nothing else.
Yet the last 3 years, they've also shown off a big holiday/Q4 title: Odyssey, Smash, and Pokemon (regardless of your stance on it, even I can't deny it's a "big title") in their Q1 Directs to hype up people for the holidays, then talk about them at E3. On top of that, the fact that they've been more harshly than before going after insiders and being super silent about everything sounds like they have something big they don't want leaked ("The Big One™" that Fatman has teased before here). To say they have "nothing" for this year would be... kinda nuts actually, considering that besides AC:NH, they have shown us virtually nothing from their own company. Hell they could give us more extensive NSO libraries (yes, ROMS) and add N64+GameBoy(/Color), show off DLC 6, and give us a holiday title and most of their fans would probably eat it up. I'd even say "aight, that's p cool" and be done with it.

Also do you really think they're going to sit back and do nothing while Microsoft and Sony are set to launch their new consoles? No, I'm expecting something pretty beefy; the "Switch Pro" or something else similar to that of "being big".

Sora, Isaac, Shantae, Bandana Dee, and Rayman's
Assuming all of these get shunted for FP2, I could easily see them coming in a Smash 6 (if it ever gets made)... except Sora who has that massive Disney hurdle to overcome. If they can get past that, then yeah it'd be pretty nuts. I think it'd be even cooler if they actually put Disney characters in as Spirits or something, but top kek to that ever happening (screencap this for Smash 6 or if Sora is in FP2; tweet it @ me and make me eat my words).

and come next game they will be hungry for Dixie Kong.
Assuming she too isn't in FP2, yeah she'd be another I could easily see, even moreso being in base game, and especially if another DKCR game comes out by then.

Ashley is a character who's popularity I see getting huge in the future. She had the 2nd biggest Ultimate support thread right next to K. Rool's before she was deconfirmed and probably would still be one of the biggest support threads on the site had not for her deconfirmation. She will rise high in the Smash 6 speculation scene.
Now this has always been so insanely weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* WarioWare. I loved it before the first game even came out when they had that demo back on Wario World for the Gamecube. While I haven't gotten some of the latest additions, I still greatly enjoyed and love the series. But what I don't get or understand is the absolute adoration that Ashley gets (in the same way that as a Warcraft fan, I don't get the love Sylvanas gets if anyone else here knows the WC universe). She's pretty much a Mary Sue who does whatever she wants and is untouchable. She's also that keeps-to-herself brooding type that doesn't let anyone get in her way, but she's just a teen(?) and has a little devil servant thing named Red. Idk, call me a jerk if you want, but I think WW has much better and more interesting characters like Jimmy, Mona, or Dribble and Spitz who are an anthropomorphic dog and cat duo that can talk, have a taxi service, and weird crap happens to them consistently. Orbulon and Dr. Crygor are also way more fascinating to me.

I don't know. I get that she has a following but I just do not understand why. It's like how Isabelle usurped Tom Nook for that Smash spot, except Isabelle I can totally understand why she's loved. Ashley, I don't get nearly at all.

Waluigi I see being talked about a lot as well in Smash 6 if he doesn't get promoted in Ultimate.
At this point it just depends on who gets to "make" Waluigi. Yeah he exists, but he's not a "real" character. Will it be Nintendo or Sakurai who gets to turn him into a real boy character?

For now, "poll results" are pointing out that Sora and Dante are the most highly requests as of right now. Though FP 2's 6 challengers has already been decided during FP 1 development
Define poll results and from what time period? Dante's always been wanted but I do not see him being 2nd since prior to Ultimate speculation starting. He got a massive influx as of late with the DMC Twitter dropping those dates of potential Directs (none of which actually happened though, lol); Sora I can definitely believe though, but again, he's got a massive hurdle with Disney to overcome.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Recent as in "well after the FP2 characters have been decided", also as in "after the whole DMC thing on Twitter happened", as in "irrelevant". If Nintendo actually changed a character after they've been decided months ago (likely over half a year ago) because of *recent* polls, I would be greatly surprised.

Though FP 2's 6 challengers has already been decided during FP 1 development
Exactly. Interesting to look at, but still mostly irrelevant. If Dante was popular pre~June-ish 2019 in Japan then he's definitely got a better shot, but being popular in 2020 doesn't do anything for him.

...not that I think Dante *doesn't* have a shot or anything, I think he actually has a decent one (not as good as our boy Geno), I just don't see how Japan recently wanting Dante... means anything.

Haven't dug around or seen videos bring up more poll results on character requests other then Japan currently.
Geno is high in America (also probs Waluigi, MC, DG, and Dante), Crash is high in Europe, and Sora is #1~3 everywhere because Sora.
Source: I'm guesstimating.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How much longer do all of y'all plan to stay in the Smash speculation scene or playing new titles in the Smash franchise in general? I will probably stick around until Smash 6 or Smash 7 it really depends what route they will go with Smash 6. I'm going to try to hold on until Goemon get's in and I'm 100% calling it quits come the end of Smash 7 speculation if Smash 6 doesn't disappoint me. For sure Smash 7 will be my last Smash.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
People are more agitated for this Direct due to the multiple inside people constantly talking about this treasure trove of games and announcements that Nintendo is sitting on and yet nothing is really being announced. So it's that people know stuff is there but Nintendo is procrastinating, which is driving people crazy.

Many felt that Byleth's trailer was made as though it would be found in a Direct. Maybe the Direct really did get cancelled for whatever reasons, which is why Sakurai did his stream showcase for Byleth first.

Nintendo has been acting as though something is.........off..... in the last few months.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean considering a lot of who we got in pass 1 weren't exactly requested I'd assume that as long as the character is somewhat known among the gaming populace they are fair game for the 6 and we will likely only get one or two actual fan requests.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Recent as in "well after the FP2 characters have been decided", also as in "after the whole DMC thing on Twitter happened", as in "irrelevant". If Nintendo actually changed a character after they've been decided months ago (likely over half a year ago) because of *recent* polls, I would be greatly surprised.

Exactly. Interesting to look at, but still mostly irrelevant. If Dante was popular pre~June-ish 2019 in Japan then he's definitely got a better shot, but being popular in 2020 doesn't do anything for him.

...not that I think Dante *doesn't* have a shot or anything, I think he actually has a decent one (not as good as our boy Geno), I just don't see how Japan recently wanting Dante... means anything.
Still, we don't exactly know who is Nintendo is going to show as Challenger 6 to Kickstart FP 2. Could it be a First Party? Third Party? Indie playable or as part in Mii Costume waves?

Anything is possible as of now. For what I see who is challenger 6, this is my pitch:
Crash
Geno? (still undetermined if he's coming back as a Mii Costume, but still possible of either or both for a surprise)
Shantae
Spyro
or character that was under most people's noses (ex Piranha Plant)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean considering a lot of who we got in pass 1 weren't exactly requested I'd assume that as long as the character is somewhat known among the gaming populace they are fair game for the 6 and we will likely only get one or two actual fan requests.
I agree. I see Pass 2 having it's Banjo & Kazooie to please the fans and Byleth for promotional reasons. Everybody else in the Pass I see being in the middle like how Joker, Hero, and Terry were for Pass 1.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
People are more agitated for this Direct due to the multiple inside people constantly talking about this treasure trove of games and announcements that Nintendo is sitting on and yet nothing is really being announced. So it's that people know stuff is there but Nintendo is procrastinating, which is driving people crazy.

Many felt that Byleth's trailer was made as though it would be found in a Direct. Maybe the Direct really did get cancelled for whatever reasons, which is why Sakurai did his stream showcase for Byleth first.

Nintendo has been acting as though something is.........off..... in the last few months.
Which all sounds perfectly reasonable. The Byleth trailer absolutely looked like a Direct trailer as people would assume it'd be a thing for Three Houses, but being in a Smash-specific stream, it's like "oh this is obviously Byleth in Smash".

As for why it's being delayed, lord only knows at this point. I really don't think Coronavirus is the result. Could just be Nintendo being Nintendo.

Everybody else in the Pass I see being in the middle like how Joker, Hero, and Terry were for Pass 1.
Wot?
- Joker: Out of nowhere but I'd say a Persona character was likely requested by Japan and everyone who loves the Persona series over here.
- Hero: Why weren't they in earlier? Massively popular in Japan; I can't think they didn't want them.
- BK: Do I even have to mention this?
- Terry: This is where I start agreeing with you. Big for SA; was he requested?
- Byleth: Not requested, but there had to be at least 1 shill pick somewhere.

3/5 (60%!) of the pass was definitely requested, just not necessarily by most Western audiences (though 1/5 definitely was). 4/5 if I'm just a dummy and didn't notice the want for Terry/an SNK rep (which is definitely possible since I was also underestimating the love for Crash as well).

Just because they're not *your* picks doesn't mean Joker and Hero weren't big as hell in Japan, Hero especially. Terry, again, I don't know much surrounding him and Byleth is Byleth, we all know they were disappointing.

I do expect at least 1 if not 2 big Japanese picks for FP2, which means a big portion of the highly-speculated characters aren't necessarily getting in, unless many of them are huge in Japan too. Like, is Geno and SMRPG highly revered in the East like it is in the US? If so, that could be a US+Japan pick, which would be nice.

Still, we don't exactly know who is Nintendo is going to show as Challenger 6 to Kickstart FP 2. Could it be a First Party? Third Party? Indie playable or as part in Mii Costume waves?
I'd expect whoever it is, it should make some waves. I'm really banking on a Spirit, AT, or Costume promotion as that would spark much better Smash speculation from naysayers of "SPIRITS DECONFIRM". AT/Costumes "deconfirm" a lot harder, but I'd love to at least kill the Spirits Deconfirm mentality.

Anything is possible as of now. For what I see who is challenger 6, this is my pitch:
I would say add an FPS character to that list as that genre should definitely be included in Smash somewhere. I really, truly, do feel like MC or DG is getting in to represent it.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I agree. I see Pass 2 having it's Banjo & Kazooie to please the fans and Byleth for promotional reasons. Everybody else in the Pass I see being in the middle like how Joker, Hero, and Terry were for Pass 1.
Those guys weren't just in the middle they weren't even seen as possible. I feel like speculation really needs to start considering more options. Right now everyone is only focused on Dante, Crash, Chief, Ryu, and Llyod and knowing how badly we predict our characters I think we really need to look beyond these characters as there's very little chance our pass isn't going to deviate from those 5.
Wot?
- Joker: Out of nowhere but I'd say a Persona character was likely requested by Japan and everyone who loves the Persona series over here.
- Hero: Why weren't they in earlier? Massively popular in Japan; I can't think they didn't want them.
- BK: Do I even have to mention this?
- Terry: This is where I start agreeing with you. Big for SA; was he requested?
- Byleth: Not requested, but there had to be at least 1 shill pick somewhere.
Um, actually Joker wasn't. People who keep tabs on the Japanese show they were just as surprised and assumed Joker was actually added for the Western fans. He blindsided everyone. Hero actually wasn't requested either. Slime was the character the Japanese expected and requested. And then Terry and Byleth are obvious. Now just because a character isn't requested doesn't mean people can't be excited for their inclusion so don't confuse the excitement those two generated as them having actually been requested.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just because they're not *your* picks doesn't mean Joker and Hero weren't big as hell in Japan, Hero especially. Terry, again, I don't know much surrounding him and Byleth is Byleth, we all know they were disappointing.

I do expect at least 1 if not 2 big Japanese picks for FP2, which means a big portion of the highly-speculated characters aren't necessarily getting in, unless many of them are huge in Japan too. Like, is Geno and SMRPG highly revered in the East like it is in the US? If so, that could be a US+Japan pick, which would be nice.
I'm not doubting those characters' popularity in Japan or different regions, I'm just explaining their worldwide popularity overall.

Those guys weren't just in the middle they weren't even seen as possible. I feel like speculation really needs to start considering more options. Right now everyone is only focused on Dante, Crash, Chief, Ryu, and Llyod and knowing how badly we predict our characters I think we really need to look beyond these characters as there's very little chance our pass isn't going to deviate from those 5.
Sakurai keeps making what the fans think are impossible possible and more people should go after the characters they really want instead of bandwagoning on a another character a lot of people think is likely.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'd love to at least kill the Spirits Deconfirm mentality.
Honestly, Spirits really doesn't deconfirm characters since it can any spirit to represent the Fighter spirit.
I really, truly, do feel like MC or DG is getting in to represent it.
I would be surprised in DG would get in with Doom Eternal being released the same day as Animal Crossing NH

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of the reasons I like coming here is that I can process my thoughts and I came to another realization yesterday. Like I've been saying for awhile now, if you combine all my theorycrafting and rumors you have decent evidence that five of the six Season 2 passes will be: Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Microsoft, and Namco. Looking over everything, I made the argument that maybe one of the packs would be a pseudo "Sony" pass when I think the reality is that it will be a "Western" pass celebrating the bigger Western companies. Let's get into it...

Let's assume Cacomallow is real and my theory about Geno and Crash at E3 is correct. Geno would obviously get Mallow but why would Crash get Cacodemon? I then realized that it's because they're both incredibly iconic Western series. This is especially notable because Crash comes from Activision/Blizzard which means we technically have three massive Western companies to pull Mii costumes from right off the bat: Activision, Blizzard, and technically Bethesda. You can name noteworthy Western series on your fingers and toes from those three alone, nevermind the potential prospect of a Western indie joining this Mii costume bunch.

I bring this up because the tone of the Season 2 rumors seems... Different. Yes, Geno is SMRPG but rumors attached to him heavily imply Square Enix celebrating itself because, aside from SMRPG, there's at least two other series rumored as Mii costumes with one being Final Fantasy with Chocobo. This is kind of eye opening when you go across the board. Namco's rumored Mii costumes? Lloyd, Heihachi, Gil, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, and Ms. Pac-Man. That's six series! Capcom we have Rathalos, Monster Hunter, and Elecman so far. Microsoft has Hollow Knight and another series along with, of course, the evergreen rumors of Halo and Minecraft. Nintendo's Mii costume rumors are technically all first party franchises which is a hell of a coincidence given Nintendo's obvious spread. So, what am I getting at?

The thing I'm proposing here is that each character pack in Season 2 will probably be a celebration of their company or concept as a whole. Whether Lloyd or Heihachi, they're not just bringing Tales/Tekken stuff, they're bringing Namco content by the truck load. Same with the hypothetical Capcom rep (my prediction is Dante despite how much I want Phoenix). This further pushes the idea "this is it, Luigi" and Season 2 is going to be the end of Ultimate DLC. As pie in the sky as it sounds, I feel like the direction of Season 2 will be "we picked the most wanted characters of these 6 companies/categories, **** off forever. -Love, Sakurai."

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm not doubting those characters' popularity in Japan or different regions, I'm just explaining their worldwide popularity overall.
But look at the whole FP. You've got 2 Japanese picks, 1 West pick (US+EU), and 1 South American pick (and 1 last pick the whole world was pretty disappointed over). That's covering quite a lot and not necessarily trying to make everyone happy with the entire pass, that's trying to make as many people happy with getting a pick from their region.

Honestly, Spirits really doesn't deconfirm characters since it can any spirit to represent the Fighter spirit.
I know it doesn't, but a lot of people seem to think that, so I'd love for Geno to get DLC 6 to shut those people up already.

I would be surprised in DG would get in with Doom Eternal being released the same day as Animal Crossing NH
I would kill if DG got in and had some reference to Isabelle. I don't event *want* DG but if Sakurai actually referenced the meme, I'd be ecstatic. He won't though because he killed "HI I'M DAISY" which made me very upset.

Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Microsoft, and Namco
Dixie/Waluigi/Pokemon Gen 8, Dante, Geno, MC, Lloyd/Heihachi, but that just seems too neat and too Western-focused.

Dukefire

Smash Master
One of the reasons I like coming here is that I can process my thoughts and I came to another realization yesterday. Like I've been saying for awhile now, if you combine all my theorycrafting and rumors you have decent evidence that five of the six Season 2 passes will be: Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Microsoft, and Namco. Looking over everything, I made the argument that maybe one of the packs would be a pseudo "Sony" pass when I think the reality is that it will be a "Western" pass celebrating the bigger Western companies. Let's get into it...

Let's assume Cacomallow is real and my theory about Geno and Crash at E3 is correct. Geno would obviously get Mallow but why would Crash get Cacodemon? I then realized that it's because they're both incredibly iconic Western series. This is especially notable because Crash comes from Activision/Blizzard which means we technically have three massive Western companies to pull Mii costumes from right off the bat: Activision, Blizzard, and technically Bethesda. You can name noteworthy Western series on your fingers and toes from those three alone, nevermind the potential prospect of a Western indie joining this Mii costume bunch.

I bring this up because the tone of the Season 2 rumors seems... Different. Yes, Geno is SMRPG but rumors attached to him heavily imply Square Enix celebrating itself because, aside from SMRPG, there's at least two other series rumored as Mii costumes with one being Final Fantasy with Chocobo. This is kind of eye opening when you go across the board. Namco's rumored Mii costumes? Lloyd, Heihachi, Gil, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, and Ms. Pac-Man. That's six series! Capcom we have Rathalos, Monster Hunter, and Elecman so far. Microsoft has Hollow Knight and another series along with, of course, the evergreen rumors of Halo and Minecraft. Nintendo's Mii costume rumors are technically all first party franchises which is a hell of a coincidence given Nintendo's obvious spread. So, what am I getting at?

The thing I'm proposing here is that each character pack in Season 2 will probably be a celebration of their company or concept as a whole. Whether Lloyd or Heihachi, they're not just bringing Tales/Tekken stuff, they're bringing Namco content by the truck load. Same with the hypothetical Capcom rep (my prediction is Dante despite how much I want Phoenix). This further pushes the idea "this is it, Luigi" and Season 2 is going to be the end of Ultimate DLC. As pie in the sky as it sounds, I feel like the direction of Season 2 will be "we picked the most wanted characters of these 6 companies/categories, **** off forever. -Love, Sakurai."
It does sound good for companies to let the rest of their current IPs join the fight as Mii Costumes since it could be a highly fan requested characters pass. Though, I would still tread carefully since some people has eyes on your theories and could go back to backlash on you. Also, I think Hollow Knight is from an Indie company alone if I remember correctly

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It does sound good for companies to let the rest of their current IPs join the fight as Mii Costumes since it could be a highly fan requested characters pass. Though, I would still tread carefully since some people has eyes on your theories and could go back to backlash on you. Also, I think Hollow Knight is from an Indie company alone if I remember correctly
Isn't it actually Hornet instead of Hollow Knight? A few people have corrected me on this before and said it's Hornet not Hollow Knight and said Hollow Knight is just the name of the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Isn't it actually Hornet instead of Hollow Knight? A few people have corrected me on this before and said it's Hornet not Hollow Knight and said Hollow Knight is just the name of the game.
The Knight is the main character you play in the game. Hornet is one of the characters you face in battle.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dixie/Waluigi/Pokemon Gen 8, Dante, Geno, MC, Lloyd/Heihachi, but that just seems too neat and too Western-focused.
Honestly, not really outside of Don Chief-ivonni. Crash, Dante, Heihachi/Lloyd, and Geno all have decent Japanese fan support with characters like Dante and Lloyd/Heihachi arguably being bigger in Japan than the West. Of my 6 predictions, Chief is honestly the only one that full on face ****s the concept of a "Western pick."

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Knight is the main character you play in the game. Hornet is one of the characters you face in battle.
Okay.

Crash
Geno? (still undetermined if he's coming back as a Mii Costume, but still possible of either or both for a surprise)
Shantae
Spyro
or character that was under most people's noses (ex Piranha Plant)
Crash is getting in before Spyro and that's a fact. And this coming from someone is more of a Spyro fan than a Crash one.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Repeating the obvious in the news drought, we will see somewhat the pattern once Nintendo and Sakurai shows their next move

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yea, the Geno Hype Police are constantly watching this thread, ready to run in and keep us in line if we have Geno hope levels that go above 'Meh.'

Firox

Smash Master
I totally agree with this. Let's be honest, how often have our best laid theories ever panned out exactly the way we thought? Sakurai is a master of surprise (for better or worse) and I think it's important that we not confine ourselves to what we may deem "obvious" since that's rarely ever the case. That said, I think that actually bodes well for Geno seeing as how the majority of the Smash fanbase still sees him as a hail mary and most likely not going to happen. He fits nicely between "Probable" and "Out-of-left-field". Just the kind of character that Sakurai is infamous for.

Dukefire

Smash Master
March has arrived and lets see if a General Direct is coming once Tuesday of each week rolls in. Just don't go swarming in like crazy if its not happens on the selected week in March

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I guess my question is...I live in a CST timezone, and I see people saying 'It's over for today, maybe tomorrow' by the time I get up and over to the thread.

It's currently 11:30 AM for me. What is the supposed timezone and the timeframe within that timezone that we expect announcements from Nintendo?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly, not really outside of Don Chief-ivonni. Crash, Dante, Heihachi/Lloyd, and Geno all have decent Japanese fan support with characters like Dante and Lloyd/Heihachi arguably being bigger in Japan than the West. Of my 6 predictions, Chief is honestly the only one that full on face ****s the concept of a "Western pick."
Really? Hmm... I'd be pretty happy with that pack overall. Lloyd's great. Geno's a top pick for me. I wouldn't really mind Dante (though I'd prefer Phoenix), and I can't really complain after getting Geno.

Repeating the obvious in the news drought, we will see somewhat the pattern once Nintendo and Sakurai shows their next move
Hopefully by the 10th :/

Yea, the Geno Hype Police are constantly watching this thread, ready to run in and keep us in line if we have Geno hope levels that go above 'Meh.'
17 guests watching the thread? I wonder who they could be. :p
[xXGameFAQsLuvrXx]: "LUL NO1 WANTS UR DUM DOLL!"

March has arrived and lets see if a General Direct is coming once Tuesday of each week rolls in. Just don't go swarming in like crazy if its not happens on the selected week in March
If it's not by next week, I will lose my mind and probably be done with DQ11 by then and cry. Already 21 hours in (3~4h alone just from gambling...) and that was just from like 3 play sessions.

So I guess my question is...I live in a CST timezone, and I see people saying 'It's over for today, maybe tomorrow' by the time I get up and over to the thread.

It's currently 11:30 AM for me. What is the supposed timezone and the timeframe within that timezone that we expect announcements from Nintendo?
Supposedly 10AM EST (9AM CST)? But we did get that AC Direct announced at ~5PM EST, so it's all up in the air at this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another realization I've come to is that my theory isn't super farfetched because we've already seen it in the Fighter's Pass. Terry's pack was pretty much a celebration of SNK. What if Season 2 is basically this? For example... Hear me out... Geno wouldn't just be SMRPG stuff, it would be Square Enix stuff. Terry got 50 ****in' songs because it covered titles across SNK history. What if they did this with Geno but Square Enix? Yeah, Square's two pieces of music per game rule sucks but starting throwing in Final Fantasy, Mana, Chrono, Nier, etc games and things get impressive really ****in' fast.

Let's extend this to a spirits. Terry's spirit board was unique in that it was SNK. What if, say, Geno's spirit board is "a Square" board. Possibly getting into tinfoil hat territory (my favorite) but this would provide an explanation as to why Ring Fit and Luigi's Mansion 3 haven't gotten spirits yet. Ladies and gentlemen... We may have been thinking too small all along... Again, circling back, these upcoming packs may celebrate entire companies and so their spirits, Mii costumes, and even music may reflect this too.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Terry got 50 ****in' songs because it covered titles across SNK history. What if they did this with Geno but Square Enix?
Just the thought of that makes me laugh harder than Nintendo having a big ass booth at Pax just for Animal Crossing (I still can't get over that; I was so wrong about it), a game we already know pretty much everything about at this point and it's not even out yet.

I'd be beyond thrilled for it to happen, but I just do not see Square willing to do that when, again, we barely got Cloud in the game, and we only got 8 DQ songs with Hero, 2 from each game that we got a Hero alt from.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
17 guests watching the thread? I wonder who they could be. :p
I think we all know who they are...
Your friendly neighbourhood lurkers, who support Geno and like keeping up with the thread for it's in-depth discussion, but haven't made an account or simply don't post often because feel they don't have much to offer to the conversation compared to the more frequent thread regulars.

... or maybe I'm completely off base and they're just hate watchers of the thread. I ain't psychic, so I have no way to know for sure.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just the thought of that makes me laugh harder than Nintendo having a big ass booth at Pax just for Animal Crossing (I still can't get over that; I was so wrong about it), a game we already know pretty much everything about at this point and it's not even out yet.

I'd be beyond thrilled for it to happen, but I just do not see Square willing to do that when, again, we barely got Cloud in the game, and we only got 8 DQ songs with Hero, 2 from each game that we got a Hero alt from.
Does Super Mario RPG even have 50 songs that do not include the Super Mario inspired music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom