• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Come on Nintendo, literally all of us are so ready for a direct so we can move on to the next fighter.
It'll be amazing if it's on the 3rd. I'm going to a party that day and we'll be playing Smash and tabletop stuff, so it'd be great to watch it with them and see the fighter reveal.

I probably won't record my reaction, but if it's Geno in front of them all, they'd get quite a reaction out of me. Most of them would likely go "who the heck is that?" because they're zoomers in college, and I'm a "boomer" 28 year old.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
man seeing that moveset post from the previous pages, and now seeing more and more youtubers going all in for Geno has actually got my hype meter back up. Our chances are so good now. There's not any possible way nintendo could not see the demand for him by this point.

Everyone and their mother on youtube, whether they "want" him in or not, all seem to agree he's coming to smash.

If we have a direct announced tomorrow for tuesday, I seriously hope it's a bit later in the day, cuz I'll lose my **** if it's while i'm at school and check my phone and find out Geno was announced.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Seeing as you're new here, I should mention that, as a general rule, going into a character support thread to bash the character or say that they won't be in (especially when doing so to blatantly prop up another, completely unrelated character) is seen as poor etiquette at the absolute best.

It generally helps to treat others the way that you would want to be treated. You wouldn't want someone to go into a support thread for a character that you want and say that they won't be in the game, I assume, so don't do that in other support threads.
Sorry, but my point still stands.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Your "point" is an opinion (not only a bad one but also an unlikely one), and you're now entering official troll territory. 0/10 if troll, 0/10 if trying to actually win a debate.
I'm not trying to troll, but as I said, Geno is already a spirit, and Nintendo has a very good relationship with Ubisoft. Anyways, I know you are all fans of him here, I am not trying to stir up the beehive so to speak, but just trying to say, hey guys, let's keep our expectations in check. ;-)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not really since you’re using a fanmade rule as an argument.
Not only that but thinking a Splinter Cell character of all things is gonna get in Smash when Fisher would be competing with other FPS characters like Doomguy and Master Chief who are both infinitely more likely.

I'm not trying to troll, but as I said, Geno is already a spirit
You really think a highly requested character like Geno is going to die as a JPEG and a completely out-of-nowhere character like Fisher is going to take an FPS spot over Doomguy and Master Chief? Do you really want another Byleth pick that badly?

and Nintendo has a very good relationship with Ubisoft.
Yeah and Rayman would get in waaaaaaaaaay sooner than Fisher. A freaking RABBID would get in before Fisher. Even an Assassin's Creed character would get in before Fisher, and I'm aware the first has a spirit and the latter 2 have costumes. My point is there's so many better Ubisoft picks than Sam freaking Fisher. Besides you, I've literally heard 0 other people saying Fisher, whether they think he's getting in or specifically wants him. Hell I don't even hear people talking about Splinter Cell. I didn't even know it's still going on.

Anyways, I know you are all fans of him here, I am not trying to stir up the beehive so to speak, but just trying to say, hey guys, let's keep our expectations in check. ;-)
So you come into another character's support thread, stir up crap, claim you're not trying to stir up crap, then telling us to keep expectations in check when we have a laundry list of evidence in favor of Geno and you have a character from a company who wouldn't be picked over at least 3 other characters first. Okay sir. You're either legit trolling or incredibly ignorant. Either way, you're not welcome here if you're just going to spout nonsense like this.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I suggest reporting now.

Anyway, to be fair, an opinion can have legs to stand on, because they can be heavily based around logic too. Nonetheless, I'm not going to actually add to the debate, just wanted to point this out.

Moving on, what were the taunts people came up with? I remember the Nod one, but that's all I can think of. For some reason, I keep thinking of Luigi's animation when he gets money in Luigi's Mansion, as something similar to that could be fun. That or just the regular item usage as a taunt, where he could hold up any random item. It wouldn't matter which one, just like with Pac-Man's, but it could show off tons of cool items to cameo them. Like the Rock Candy.

UbisoftDanny2000

Smash Cadet
Not only that but thinking a Splinter Cell character of all things is gonna get in Smash when Fisher would be competing with other FPS characters like Doomguy and Master Chief who are both infinitely more likely.

You really think a highly requested character like Geno is going to die as a JPEG and a completely out-of-nowhere character like Fisher is going to take an FPS spot over Doomguy and Master Chief? Do you really want another Byleth pick that badly?

Yeah and Rayman would get in waaaaaaaaaay sooner than Fisher. A freaking RABBID would get in before Fisher. Even an Assassin's Creed character would get in before Fisher, and I'm aware the first has a spirit and the latter 2 have costumes. My point is there's so many better Ubisoft picks than Sam freaking Fisher. Besides you, I've literally heard 0 other people saying Fisher, whether they think he's getting in or specifically wants him. Hell I don't even hear people talking about Splinter Cell. I didn't even know it's still going on.

So you come into another character's support thread, stir up crap, claim you're not trying to stir up crap, then telling us to keep expectations in check when we have a laundry list of evidence in favor of Geno and you have a character from a company who wouldn't be picked over at least 3 other characters first. Okay sir. You're either legit trolling or incredibly ignorant. Either way, you're not welcome here if you're just going to spout nonsense like this.
I am not trying to stir up a big fight, so I will lay off, I would love for Geno to join the roster as much as you guys even though I mainly went with Mario, Bowser & Peach when I played SMRPG. I was just making a minor point, no need for everyone to type up a big storm replying to me.. I get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and let's hope GENO and SAM FISHER make it into Fighters Pass 2!

D

Deleted member

This pretty much. Yeah we need a spirit upgrade asap to stop all this nonsense. Rayman is highly requested and Assasins Creed is Ubisoft’s most popular franchise so yes, don’t be surprised if either comes in first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Anyway, to be fair, an opinion can have legs to stand on, because they can be heavily based around logic too. Nonetheless, I'm not going to actually add to the debate, just wanted to point this out.
Oh I have absolutely no problems with opinions or arguments if they actually have evidence or weight behind them, not someone butting into another character's support thread and being like "lul boo geno cuz spirit, yay character X" (paraphrasing obviously).

I am not trying to stir up a big fight, so I will lay off
was just making a minor point
If that's true, I'm just trying to point out what you did was coming into a *GENO* thread and saying "yeah no cuz he's a spirit. Sam Fisher has a better chance", which is all your *opinions* and not a point with evidence behind it. We've talked about Geno being a Spirit for longer than I've even been in this thread. It's a topic that's probably talked about multiple times weekly. TL;DR: Base spirits didn't have much of a chance for FP1, but to have the foresight back in 2016-2018 that a Spirit you have in the game *CANNOT* be in FP2, I mean... why? Why do that? Why prohibit yourself? It makes absolutely no sense. Plus who the hell has that kind of foresight? I don't even think Sakurai would. If Spirits truly do deconfirm, we'd likely not have Geno in the game at all.

I would love for Geno to join the roster as much as you guys
You didn't really act like that, so it's hard to assume anything but "you're a troll" when you're demoting the character of the thread and promoting your own pick. I'm sure as hell not going into the Sam Fisher thread and being like "haha, look at all these ubisoft picks who will get in before your pick, oh and Geno rules!". *YOU* came to *US*, just remember that.

Also if you truly do mean what you say and are actually pro-Geno, I urge you to check The List™ as there is quite a lot of circumstantial evidence in Geno's favor.

Sorry for the misunderstanding
It's all good, just don't do a hot take against a character in their own support thread and you'll have less problems around here.

This pretty much. Yeah we need a spirit upgrade asap to stop all this nonsense. Rayman is highly requested and Assasins Creed is Ubisoft’s most popular franchise so yes, don’t be surprised if either comes in first.
Spirit, AT, or Mii Costume promotion. IMO if an AT or Costume can get promoted, that would most definitely debunk the spirits thing, since ATs and Mii Costumes are way less likely to be promoted over a freaking JPEG lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Spirit, AT, or Mii Costume promotion. IMO if an AT or Costume can get promoted, that would most definitely debunk the spirits thing, since ATs and Mii Costumes are way less likely to be promoted over a freaking JPEG lol.
The irony is that an AT or Costume can be used easily to help start a character due to useful assets. That's something a Spirit cannot do.

But yeah, a JPEG ain't going to prevent it. Sakurai's opinion on how the JPEG "works" for purpose of representation is one thing. But the fact an image exists is not a problem. You can make another image, basically.

D

Deleted member

The irony is that an AT or Costume can be used easily to help start a character due to useful assets. That's something a Spirit cannot do.

But yeah, a JPEG ain't going to prevent it. Sakurai's opinion on how the JPEG "works" for purpose of representation is one thing. But the fact an image exists is not a problem. You can make another image, basically.
Good thing Geno has a costume for a reference for his development.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
While true, it's way more representation to have them physically in the game. An Assist Trophy is a relatively complete model of a character. A Mii Costume is textures over a Mii and makes them a pseudo-playable character. A Spirit is in no way "in the playable game" stages. It's just a thing behind the scenes. Hardly representation. A way worse consolation prize than, say, a Mii Costume back on Sm4sh, y'know? Why downgrade the consolation prize? Why not bring back the Sm4sh costume when Hero (the Square pack from FP1) was put back in? (because he's playable and a lock in FP2, duh)

It's not just that, if Sakurai truly wanted Spirits to deconfirm, he wouldn't have put a handful in the game to start with to just outright deconfirm characters from the get go. Also your thoughts from 2016 or whenever Spirits mode was created surely can't be your "for sure" dead-set mindset for 2020~2021, can it? That just seems soooooooo dumb if so.

Now if Geno's Sm4sh costume was also in the game, we'd be in a much worse state. But it's not, so Geno's still a lock.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While true, it's way more representation to have them physically in the game. An Assist Trophy is a relatively complete model of a character. A Mii Costume is textures over a Mii and makes them a pseudo-playable character. A Spirit is in no way "in the playable game" stages. It's just a thing behind the scenes. Hardly representation.
I can't agree it's "hardly" representation. Not when the point behind the Spirit battles is done with a lot of notable things to make it feel unique as an ability that heavily fits them. I'd say they're handled surprisingly well as representation. Just in a very different way. Of course, that doesn't mean people feel they're big deals, and that makes sense.

It's not just that, if Sakurai truly wanted Spirits to deconfirm, he wouldn't have put a handful in the game to start with to just outright deconfirm characters from the get go. Also your thoughts from 2016 or whenever Spirits mode was created surely can't be your "for sure" dead-set mindset for 2020~2021, can it? That just seems soooooooo dumb if so.
No way to really know till the end of DLC, to be honest. He's a stubborn man, so it's possible. I highly doubt any base game spirits he's keeping locked away for good, but there's not enough statements for me to sway either way.

Now if Geno's Sm4sh costume was also in the game, we'd be in a much worse state. But it's not, so Geno's still a lock.
Indeed, that said... I can't honestly feel Geno's a lock, just in good shape.

But you already know that I don't feel the costume missing means nearly as much when I wasn't surprised it didn't come with Hero due to the context of DQ being heavily pushed on its own. I won't go further into it, but I don't consider his chances as high as some do.

I still hope he gets in, that said.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
If we have a direct announced tomorrow for tuesday, I seriously hope it's a bit later in the day, cuz I'll lose my **** if it's while i'm at school and check my phone and find out Geno was announced.
Literally praying to God the direct doesn't happen while I'm at school

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I can't agree it's "hardly" representation
I meant compared to AT/Costumes. Yes it's representation but not as much as being in the actual game, moving around (whether textures on a Mii or as an NPC).

No way to really know till the end of DLC, to be honest. He's a stubborn man, so it's possible. I highly doubt any base game spirits he's keeping locked away for good, but there's not enough statements for me to sway either way.
Porky's the only one that really concerns me. While I'd love Porky to become playable, if he gets in before a Spirit gets promoted, that would potentially be a hit against Geno, in favor of "Spirits deconfirm". A Spirit promotion would be a really nice thing to see for DLC 6 to finally kill off that silly fanrule and blow open the door for speculation on the rest of FP2.

PS: I'm specifically calling out Porky because he's been in Smash before and to not have a single Spirit of him is incredibly odd, plus he's first party.

Indeed, that said... I can't honestly feel Geno's a lock, just in good shape.
TBH I say that half-jokingly. Of course no one is truly a lock until their splash screen is shown (and by that point, it's like, well no duh, they just got revealed); Geno's chances are just really, really good and I've decided to go all in with it. It's more or less a spin on Malo Mart's "CacoMallow is real" line. But just to be perfectly clear: I absolutely do think he's getting in, but obviously, nothing is 100% until revealed.

Literally praying to God the direct doesn't happen while I'm at school
Assuming you're in pre-college, there's a near 100% chance that it will happen while you're in school, though I guess that depends where in the world you live due to time zones and whatnot. I'm EST so for me, it would absolutely happen while I'm in school (they're, what, at 9AM EST?).

Last edited:

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Assuming you're in pre-college, there's a near 100% chance that it will happen while you're in school, though I guess that depends where in the world you live due to time zones and whatnot. I'm EST so for me, it would absolutely happen while I'm in school (they're, what, at 9AM EST?).
My time zone is AST

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I meant compared to AT/Costumes. Yes it's representation but not as much as being in the actual game, moving around (whether textures on a Mii or as an NPC).
I think the Spirits having faithful factors in how they work as a battle is really important. So I don't think moving around means much either. They feel barely different to me. I get one has an in-game model, etc. But I don't think that's the sole point of how important it is. I feel love and care is more important than one affecting gameplay more. And with the exception of incorrect images/bad ones at times, Spirits are a pretty big amount of love and care.

Porky's the only one that really concerns me. While I'd love Porky to become playable, if he gets in before a Spirit gets promoted, that would potentially be a hit against Geno, in favor of "Spirits deconfirm". A Spirit promotion would be a really nice thing to see for DLC 6 to finally kill off that silly fanrule and blow open the door for speculation on the rest of FP2.
I originally joked that the Absolute Safety Capsule is his representation, mostly cause other than the sprite being slightly off(it has nothing in it), but then I remembered they literally used a Deviantart sprite of Masked Man first. The making a mistake on the sprite is possible enough that this is the case. Another is Ness' Father is literally a phone, which is more of a joking context. So I dunno. I'm not entirely sure it's missing at this point.

TBH I say that half-jokingly. Of course no one is truly a lock until their splash screen is shown (and by that point, it's like, well no duh, they just got revealed); Geno's chances are just really, really good and I've decided to go all in with it. It's more or less a spin on Malo Mart's "CacoMallow is real" line. But just to be perfectly clear: I absolutely do think he's getting in, but obviously, nothing is 100% until revealed.
Fair enough. Note, when I hear the term "lock", I think of it more as "damn sure they're in", not confirmed. Truth be told, there's only one character that was a lock to me in speculation, and that was Diddy Kong in Brawl. The rest I couldn't ever be sure of whatsoever at any point. The only other ones I felt were close were Simon(though not Richter, and no, this wasn't due to the leak either), Terry(this was due to the Nintendo leak, though), Dr. Mario returning(in 4, as soon as I saw Mario's customs), Chrom and Dark Samus(these two were interesting, because the lack of the costume coupled with the major requests. Chrom I was sure of after being shafted in 4. Dark Samus felt too obvious. I also was sure she'd be a type of clone as is. I expected more Ganondorf-esque, not Daisy-esque, but I still love the choice).

Like, I knew Ridley would get in eventually(Simon was kind of close to this, but note the above).

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Then you're SOL. Pretty much every direct is "late morning"/pre-noon for EST. You're an hour past me, so it'll probably be like 10AMish or so (the times can vary a bit).
NOoOOoOOoOo Imma be suffering all day and my phone's gonna be bombarded with notifications :""v Oh well the most important thing is knowing that a direct is finally happening xD

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My time zone is ASS
ftfy :ultpacman:

Then you're SOL. Pretty much every direct is "late morning"/pre-noon for EST. You're an hour past me, so it'll probably be like 10AMish or so (the times can vary a bit).
Since we're talking about timezones, can I just say that I absolutely hate how early in the morning these past few Directs have been? 6AM PST/9AM EST is too goddamn early to be gettin' up to hear about Nintendo ****. Why not have them in the afternoon hours instead?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about timezones, can I just say that I absolutely hate how early in the morning these past few Directs have been? 6AM PST/9AM EST is too goddamn early to be gettin' up to hear about Nintendo ****. Why not have them in the afternoon hours instead?
Because Japan? The Directs are shown worldwide simultaneously, and if they weren't and Japan had like an hour or more ahead of us, then the information would be leaked and prior to us getting the Direct, we'd already know all the news in it, rendering the Direct pointless.

Also for the record, 6AM PST/9AM EST is 11PM JST (14h ahead of EST, 17h ahead of PST). If it was, say, 12PM EST, that would be 2AM JST. Being the native country (and time zone) of the company, surely expecting them to hold their direct at 2AM is absolutely unjustified, right?

PS: Ignore this if you don't give a crap about time zones.
Just to add another time zone in the mix, let's add London (GMT) in. 11PM JST/9AM EST is 2PM GMT. You need to consider where the majority of your viewers will be, and I would argue the vast majority are in the Americas, Europe, and Asia (or basically, everyone between PST and JST). You could make it 9AM in JST, and that would be 4-7P in the US, which is great for us in the Americas, but that would also be midnight in London, and everything between London and Japan would be 12a-9a. Not exactly the most ideal of times for many of your viewers. Because the Americas are so far to the West and Japan so far to the East, it makes sense that Japan would be late at night and the Americas being early in the morning. This makes it so everyone in between the two time zones of PST and JST (which is like, a *LOT* of the world FYI) is somewhere in the 6A-11P range, which is a lot more feasible than past midnight.

TL;DR: Because you need to consider people outside of Japan and the Americas, PST-EST gets cucked because it's so far to the West (geographically), and no other reason. Even Japan gets cucked a bit considering a 9AM EST direct is at 11PM JST, which is pretty dang late for major announcements!

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
ERWNGvFXYAA4bxw.jpeg

Anyone else get a feeling we aren't getting a direct until after A/C is released? Cause it feels like that may be the case.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I know I'm late to the party with this, but I saw this discussion and got inspired to draw the most horrible thing:

Yeah, so, I turned Geno into a waifu. Pretty sure I'm going to hell for this, but I'm not sorry. This is the insanity I've been driven to while waiting for Geno to finally get confirmed/deconfirmed. Might draw more of this if anyone ends up actually liking the idea.

Also, sorry I've been away for so long. I got pretty discouraged after the FP5 reveal. That, and my art buddy Griselda Griselda kinda left too, and that made me sad. Really wanted to do some fun stuff with Gepetto/Xeno... :(
This is fantastic!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Happy 2500 pages and 10 000th post !

Once again , show the love and dedication that Geno and SMRPG fans have.
Actually , does anyone have a png of a Geno hat to spare ? I would like to give my pfp a second hat.

Also , since we're probably getting a direct this month , with a fighter announcement...
I'll share my wishlist for this fighter pass That's not realistic at all of course :
Loliko second fighter pass.jpg

Did anyone else made one here ?

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw

Actually , does anyone have a png of a Geno hat to spare ? I would like to give my pfp a second hat.

Also , since we're probably getting a direct this month , with a fighter announcement...
I'll share my wishlist for this fighter pass That's not realistic at all of course :

geno hat time.png

Here ya go

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

Awesome to see that you support Saki Amamiya man! He was so close to making it back in brawl and I have wanted him in since Smash 4!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Awesome to see that you support Saki Amamiya man! He was so close to making it back in brawl and I have wanted him in since Smash 4!
Nice to see another Sin and Punishment fan ! I have yet to play Star Successor , but I absolutely love the first game ever since I tried it. It took me some time to finish it because this game kicked my ass pretty hard , but it was nice to have a game challenge me for once.

And Saki would just bring a cool archetype in general , acrobatic gunner/slasher with body mutation attacks isn't something other wanted characters seem to be. (beside maybe Masked Man from Mother 3)

Also , give me dat compressed soundtrack , I want to hear that guitar go wild

Griselda

Smash Lord
I know I'm late to the party with this, but I saw this discussion and got inspired to draw the most horrible thing:

Yeah, so, I turned Geno into a waifu. Pretty sure I'm going to hell for this, but I'm not sorry. This is the insanity I've been driven to while waiting for Geno to finally get confirmed/deconfirmed. Might draw more of this if anyone ends up actually liking the idea.

Also, sorry I've been away for so long. I got pretty discouraged after the FP5 reveal. That, and my art buddy Griselda Griselda kinda left too, and that made me sad. Really wanted to do some fun stuff with Gepetto/Xeno... :(

I'm still here-ish, actually. Just kinda rarely ever here. But almost always watching. If that makes sense. I'm just waiting for the Geno Direct like everyone else.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know a lot of you here definitely ain't wrestling fans, but WWE is thinking about cancelling Wrestlemania 36 because of the Coronavirus: https://wrestletalk.com/news/wwe-addresses-possibility-of-wrestlemania-36-being-cancelled/

It is wrestling's Super Bowl and this would be the first time in history they cancelled a Wrestlemania if they do this. This Coronavirus could definitely be wants delaying the general Direct if it can cancel something like Wrestlemania.

D

Deleted member

I know a lot of you here definitely ain't wrestling fans, but WWE is thinking about cancelling Wrestlemania 36 because of the Coronavirus: https://wrestletalk.com/news/wwe-addresses-possibility-of-wrestlemania-36-being-cancelled/

It is wrestling's Super Bowl and this would be the first time in history they cancelled a Wrestlemania if they do this. This Coronavirus could definitely be wants delaying the general Direct if it can cancel something like Wrestlemania.
I think there is a bit of a misconception about what coronavirus is cancelling and what it probably is not cancelling. Japan's government has suggested closing schools, yes, and the United States has, on a local/municipal level, done the same in the recent past for swine flu. Schools are a breeding ground for viruses, and if you need any proof of that, think back to how often you got sick while in grades 1-12 and compare it to how often you get sick as an adult, when you likely have less close contact to other humans.

Non-essential things like concerts, sports gatherings, etc, which pack people into stadiums right next to each other should be cancelled, in my opinion, for the exact same reason. When people have paid for tickets, sometimes their refusal to have wasted their money leads to them doing something ridiculous like going to a sporting event while sick, which carries a massive risk of infecting others - these athletes and bands aren't cancelling for their own sake, it's for the public's good.

Stuff like Sony cancelling their appearances at conventions and such? That's for their employee's good just as much as it's for the public good. Those folks would have to be on the floor, dealing with any and all random folks, and with a disease like COVID-19, in which extremely mild cases can produce almost no symptoms but still be transmissible, is bad! But that doesn't mean Sony has shuttered their business - they're populated by adults who hopefully receive sick leave time and, especially with an epidemic going on, will responsibly stay away until they can confirm that they aren't contagious. The same holds true for Nintendo, who obviously have no qualms about sending their representatives to PAX to brave the potential of the virus, have not decided to close down business, and a Nintendo direct, being something they likely shoot in-house, shouldn't be affected.

I think there are two possibilities: they have nothing to show (their stocks dipped after their quarterly report in January), or they're simply waiting to show it off until they good and damn well intended to in the first place. I think they simply don't have anything to show, or what they have to show was nowhere close to ready in January and February.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
have not decided to close down business, and a Nintendo direct, being something they likely shoot in-house, shouldn't be affected
This, so much this. There's no more risk in having a direct RN than there is just keeping people coming to work like any other day. It'll still be the same people who'd be there no matter what, Nintendo doesn't film directs in front of a live audience. If one guy comes to work with Corona Virus and infects everyone, it would've happened no matter whether there was a direct or not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , how do you see the shape of the speculation scene after Ultimate is over? Do you think a bunch of fanbases will collapse like during the end game for Brawl or most popular characters will still maintain their popularity going into Smash 6?
I can already tell that there's a couple of fanbases that are going to keep going but, yeah, most will probably fold because that's honestly what happens with each game. As somebody who has done this for technically four speculation cycles, I've noticed that the fanbases that don't completely pack up camp are usually in good standings to eventually become playable while the fanbases that give up typically become or stay as NPCs. If your character is an NPC, that's definitely not the end. If you go through Smash history, not counting ALTs, 27 of the characters were NPCs in Smash before they became playable. Ridley was literally an NPC in every single Smash game until Ultimate. K. Rool and Daisy were since Melee. These fanbases had to wait close to two decades before things panned out. If your fanbase has only come up since Smash 4 or even Ultimate, yeah, there's a good chance that you'll have to tack on a decent amount of mileage as a fanbase before things finally happen. Rayman, BWD, Isaac, Sora, and Shantae are some that immediately come to mind on this topic and will likely be around until they get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom