• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, Lord Woomy here. You may all remember me from the Geno support thread and nothing else. I'm back here again to announce that I have officially joined the Big Brain Club and I have decided Geno is not coming to Smash for reasons that I spent weeks crafting. I will now debunk all your so called "evidence".

"Spirits don't deconfirm!" - Uh yeah, of course they do. I mean, we've gotten 6/12 DLC characters and none of them have been spirits yet. That physically prevents them from ever adding spirits as fighters ever. Remember how 4/5 of the fighter pass was third party and that proved FP5 was gonna be third party? And then we got a FE rep, an obvious third party rep. Now some of you silly gooses may claim things like "Well, they never stated spirits can't be upgraded" and that's just ridiculous, they heavily implied it with this one simple fact: My most wanted isn't a spirit and it makes them more likely if I say spirits deconfirm and run so that's ironclad confirmation that spirits are a death sentence. Now, many of you may like to point out how trophies didn't deconfirm in 4 but there's 2 reasons that doesn't apply here: 1, they were returning characters and that makes a difference for some reason and 2, trophies are different because I want them to be. It's not like I'm the one making the claim anyway, so I really shouldn't have to prove it.

"Geno's costume wasn't shown off with Hero!" - Obviously, they're just taking time to upgrade it to a premium costume. There is a multitude of evidence Geno will get a premium costume this time around. What evidence? You ask, well it's pretty clear: I think it's what they should do with Geno and it's just what's going to happen because I said so. Why would it take them a year to upgrade his costume and why show it off with a character that may not be from Square and why would they even bother upgrading it at all? Can you not ask difficult questions like that, it really pokes holes in my argument, k thanks.

"Mii List and CacoMallow are real and point towards Geno being in!" - Both those leaks are such obvious fakes it's insane. Starting with Mii List, it's clear the dude went into the future, watched the Banjo presentation, went back to July and posted the real Mii Costumes for Banjo while just guessing Hero's to make it seem more real. On to CacoMallow, it's clear it's just mods. You just swap the hat models, it's not difficult in the slightest. I know some experienced modders may claim that it's actually really difficult and may be genuinely impossible to replicate. But as someone who has used the copy and paste feature on my computer many times, I think I'm the real expert here. Even if these 2 leaks are genuine and we are getting Mallow and Smithy as costumes, it's obvious they'll just come with the Geno costume. "Why would they make the bulk of a characters costumes from a game they're not from?" and "Why would neither of these leaks hinting at Geno's costume coming back somehow imply it's returning with Mallow and Smithy costumes?" are questions you may ask and I understand. Sadly, you can't comprehend my days of research with your small brains so it'd be futile trying to explain it to you Geno supporters.

"Suspicious music take downs in July point to him being in!" - It's clearly just Nintendo's copyright bots being stupid again. Like how they took down Banjo and Undertale music before and that obviously never ever amounted to either getting any content in Smash. Even if it did mean anything, it'd just be for his premium costume anyway. "Why would they give him 2 songs when both other premium costumes seem to only get one?" Come on, I told you not to ask hard questions. Keep that up and I'll stop sharing my immense brain power with you.

"Sakurai said he wanted to include Geno since Brawl!" - Obviously, Sakurai has changed his mind by now. How is that obvious and why would I know that, you ask? I have studied every single one of Sakurai's facial movements and word pronunciations since he made that claim and it has given me the ability to read his mind. In the November 1st Direct, around 20 minutes in, Sakurai is clearly thinking "I've decided I hate Geno and now never want to include him in Super Smash Brothers". People may bring up the Grinch Leak when trying to disregard Sakurai's words because it's convenient for me and I have decided you're wrong.

There, I've layed out every single point I can as to why Geno will never be in Smash. Some of you may posit that I'm just trying to hand wave his evidence because I personally don't want Geno in and it makes me feel more comfortable and you'd be absolutely correct! Any character I don't want can never get in as the world just revolves around me that much. Most characters, like Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo I had been supporting for a whole negative 5 seconds before they were revealed, so it's clear only characters I want get in.
Anyways, I'm off to go help NASA in stopping an asteroid from destroying the Earth as I am great at deflecting things. Cya, small brains flies away directly into an airplane engine

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
LOL That is very funny, actually! Never thought someone would break up with their girlfriend over saying something like that. But what does this have to do with Geno, exactly?
It's from an upload of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

MattX20

Smash Hero
My only guess at this point as for a potential Direct date given the recent amiibo re-releases for Isabelle, K. Rool, and Piranha plant is that it will probably happen within the next 3 weeks. The information drought's gotta end if we're getting an April release for Fighter Pass #6.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My only guess at this point as for a potential Direct date given the recent amiibo re-releases for Isabelle, K. Rool, and Piranha plant is that it will probably happen within the next 3 weeks. The information drought's gotta end if we're getting an April release for Fighter Pass #6.
Okay, makes sense. If I may ask, though, when are those Amiibo releasing as the source that said that said?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I am about to go to bed, so I don't have much time to look it up. Mind telling me the details, please?
It was just details of Isabelle, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant getting re-released on April that was posted apparently early on Best Buy's site or so I understood.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It was just details of Isabelle, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant getting re-released on April that was posted apparently early on Best Buy's site or so I understood.
Okay, thanks. Is there a link? Doesn't have to be from Best Buy, since they probably removed it from their site by now.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, thanks. Is there a link? Doesn't have to be from Best Buy, since they probably removed it from their site by now.
Actually, the pages with the dates are still up https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-piranha-plant/6255170.p?skuId=6255170 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-king-k-rool/6255168.p?skuId=6255168 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-isabelle/6255155.p?skuId=6255155 So, we may not have to wait too much longer, maybe even for our star spirit friend.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay then. Thanks for the tip. Looking at it now. Still, is three weeks really not "too much longer"?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay then. Thanks for the tip. Looking at it now. Still, is three weeks really not "too much longer"?
Like I said, it's a guess. We typically don't see general directs much later than the second week of the month or so, which makes the second week of March the latest we could possibly expect it to drop.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Like I said, it's a guess. We typically don't see general directs much later than the second week of the month or so, which makes the second week of March the latest we could possibly expect it to drop.
Okay then. Gotcha. We'll see what happens then.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Thank you so much for linking this, glad I could get a pre-order for KKR. Stinks paying $21 after tax/shipping, but I feel a lot better buying a restock from BB instead of scalper *****.

As for what this potentially means, we *have* to be getting a direct pretty dang soon to reveal a character, yeah? Still putting my faith in Zippo because MAN do I want them to be right!!!

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank you so much for linking this, glad I could get a pre-order for KKR. Stinks paying $21 after tax/shipping, but I feel a lot better buying a restock from BB instead of scalper *****.

As for what this potentially means, we *have* to be getting a direct pretty dang soon to reveal a character, yeah?
Oh oh! Looks like MatX20 may get in trouble for advertising here, considering how Polarthief has responded.

Nah, I am just kidding around. No biggie, right?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Geno was prominent before Grinch but more or less cemented him as one of the "big" dream picks for Ultimate. Him, Banjo, and Isaac were the main reasons people cared about it (Ken was already leaked and most people expected Shadow around that time) so getting at least two of the three in the end would be amazing.
Imagine if Iwata just happened to be a major golden sun fan or somthing and Isaac was the tribute fighter. Best timeline

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Oh oh! Looks like MatX20 may get in trouble for advertising here, considering how Polarthief has responded.
It's not like they're getting a cut or anything XD I was also actively looking for a KKR amiibo but didn't think pre-orders were up for the restock, so I'm legit glad they posted it, plus that wasn't even their intention, haha.

Anyway back on topic: Geno for #6 or 7, he'll be announced within 4 months, woo!

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's not like they're getting a cut or anything XD I was also actively looking for a KKR amiibo but didn't think pre-orders were up for the restock, so I'm legit glad they posted it, plus that wasn't even their intention, haha.

Anyway back on topic: Geno for #6 or 7, he'll be announced within 4 months, woo!
I only posted the links since they confirmed the April release date mentioned a while back anyway. April 17th is probably the deadline to potentially expect character #6 to drop, likely before or after

Handy Man

Smash Ace
It honestly makes me happy of how many super enthusiastic K. Rool players there are and I hope Geno's the same way. Obviously, every character has its fans but there's some characters that people don't care how good or bad they are and simply put their all into them. Historically, Falco and Ganondorf probably highlight this the most and I hope Geno winds up being one of those types of characters too. This is one of the reasons I follow competitive Smash too and have for years because "character culture" is just really cool to me. Zelda players have completely different mindsets than Peach players and so on and so forth and I want to see how Geno's develops.
I can vouch for this. King K. Rool was my most wanted Smash character since Melee. With various things like how “forgotten and irrelevant” he was, how he was completely absent from the video game industry after Mario Super Sluggers, and how all hope seemed lost after the Smash 4 Mii costume, it was insanely satisfying to see his Smash debut in the August 2018 Direct. I have mained the kremling king ever since Ultimate released, and frequently attend SoCal locals and majors using only King K. Rool. I personally have never cared for Geno, and probably wouldn’t use him much, but I have been following all of the talk about Geno over the years and feel like you guys deserve Geno in Smash incredibly badly. The perspective on a character once they get in definitely feels surreal, as top players are suddenly putting Geno on tier lists, artists everywhere are creating Geno merch for their vendor booths, people may complain about Geno’s viability and ask for buffs, and so much more. At least, that’s what I felt regarding King K. Rool after his confirmation. I really hope you guys get Geno as a part of fighter pass two. I want to see people’s dream characters come true, just as mine did.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
You're watching the final "Sakurai Presents" video, and Mr. Sakurai has just finished covering the final Challenger Pack and all its contents. Geno was nowhere to be seen this entire Fighters Pass. You're at a loss of emotions, but you continue watching as the Mii costume segment begins. After a bunch of filler, you finally see it: the Geno costume, mostly unchanged from its 3DS/Wii U version.

You are filled with grief, depressed that your dream will never be realized... It doesn't even look like you'll get a music track... BUT WAIT! The Geno Mii gets launched from an attack off camera! No way! IT CAN'T BE!

"A MALLOW HAT!?" you cry in agony. "DAMN IT! WHY, SAKURAI!? WHY MUST YOU FORSAKE US!?" Too distracted by your own sorrow, you miss the part where the Mallow hat-wearing Mii is blasted off screen. You finally look back at the screen and...

Geno is confirmed as a bonus playable character separate from the Fighters Pass and comes with "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" as a bonus track!

... Too ambitious?

Last edited:

Zav22

Smash Cadet
I'd say that would be a great way to reveal geno as a bonus character with a double fake out of the mii costume, and the mallow hat only to have the real one show up. Speaking of which did that leak of Ken with the mallow hat and the monster hat from doom get deconfirmed or is it still hanging in there?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
People don't really care about nuance or understanding anymore. Everybody's so used to being nice and happy all the time that, if for some reason you express that you're not satisfied about something or are even upset about it, you're considered part of the problem. They'll label and dismiss you as a terrible "toxic" person without even giving you a chance to explain yourself. And yet, ironically, when it comes down to them not getting the things they want or not liking a thing, then suddenly it's completely fine to be vocal about how much they don't like it. It's such a self-centered attitude people have nowadays and it single-handedly kills anything it touches, be it games, films, tv shows, books, you name it.
View attachment 263485
Us and Nintendo lol!

Imagine if Iwata just happened to be a major golden sun fan or somthing and Isaac was the tribute fighter. Best timeline
Imagine if Iwata was a SMRPG fan and Geno was the tribute fighter.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the rate this thread is going, there's a good chance we'll be over 99,000 posts, if not close to 100,000 posts before the general direct airs

D

Deleted member

Did Sora get confirmed for Smash?

Oh wait no that was a cool dream. Honestly My thoughts are this of he gets in over Geno I'm cool with it he's an awesome character and someone I want in so I'd be down seeing what he can do plus heading Dearly Beloved in Smash Yes please!

But I hope it's Geno in more and hoping he us the one who gets in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did Sora get confirmed for Smash?

Oh wait no that was a cool dream. Honestly My thoughts are this of he gets in over Geno I'm cool with it he's an awesome character and someone I want in so I'd be down seeing what he can do plus heading Dearly Beloved in Smash Yes please!

But I hope it's Geno in more and hoping he us the one who gets in.
Not to say Sora is deconfirmed, but it was mentioned by Khan in a podcast that it's very likely Nintendo went to Disney of Japan to ask for Sora and they gave Nintendo a big no. I'm not saying that happened, but Khan might have just been speculating there whether than saying: "Yep, it happened.". The dude is a former editer for Game Informer so he certainly isn't a nobody and would probably have those cert of connections.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Speaking of which did that leak of Ken with the mallow hat and the monster hat from doom get deconfirmed or is it still hanging in there?
CacoMallow leak is still unconfirmed, and this late in, which means it's totally possible it's real.

Just a reminder that while it does imply a few things, it doesn't confirm any playable fighter, real or not. Caco hat could still get in without Doomguy, just like Altair's costume is in without anything from Assassin's Creed. Same with the Mallow hat, but Genos's a lock so...

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As Long as It has the Iconic Forest Maze song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI I'll be even Happier than If he gets in as a Smash Character
It would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too weird for Geno to get in (as a premium costume or fighter) and NOT include the iconic song that everyone ties to him. Almost as weird as adding Daisy without her classic "HI I'M DAISY" quot---- aww ****.

I hope we get that general Direct very soon because lately things have been moving slow around here.
Come join the Zippoism religion where we pray that we get an announcement on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You have convince me to become a disciple of Zippoism. He is a prophet that predicted the Animal Crossing Direct and date so I must follow him.
How crazy would it be if we got a direct on Thursday and after showing off PM3, we got Geno as PM was originally supposed to be a sequel of Geno?
It'd be even crazier if there was a Geno cameo in PM3 and that was the last bit they showed off in the direct, which then led instantly into a Smash reveal. "Wait, who is that?" the English VO would say, leading into a trailer if we're still doing those, or just an immediate splash screen reveal if not.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How crazy would it be if we got a direct on Thursday and after showing off PM3, we got Geno as PM was originally supposed to be a sequel of Geno?
It'd be even crazier if there was a Geno cameo in PM3 and that was the last bit they showed off in the direct, which then led instantly into a Smash reveal. "Wait, who is that?" the English VO would say, leading into a trailer if we're still doing those, or just an immediate splash screen reveal if not.
I would **** my pants to the moon. I would be hyped as hell. Another RPG Paper Mario game with the old RPG mechanics and Geno in it as well as Geno in Smash? Hell yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom