• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Joker’s internal codename was “Jack”, Hero’s was “Brave”, Banjo and Kazooie’s was “Buddy”, Terry’s was “Dolly”, and Byleth’s was “Master”...

What codename do you guys think Geno would havw if he were to be added into Smash?
(if this random question is any indication, it’s been a pretty slow month lol)
"BAMF" in all caps.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Joker’s internal codename was “Jack”, Hero’s was “Brave”, Banjo and Kazooie’s was “Buddy”, Terry’s was “Dolly”, and Byleth’s was “Master”...

What codename do you guys think Geno would have if he were to be added into Smash?
Maybe something like Rose as a nod to Rose Town

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If we're looking for stuff to do to keep conversation Geno-related, I still think it'd be really fun to organize something where everyone could submit ideas for certain parts of Geno's moveset like specials, taunts, aerials, smash attacks, etc and then once collected have everyone vote or do tournament style to select the winning move and make a sort of collective moveset that way.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

What codename do you guys think Geno would have if he were to be added into Smash?
"Geeno", no one will ever figure it out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A fitting name for a star warrior puppet with freaking guns for arms. It’s pretty hard to get more badass than that
As time goes on, it's just more and more apparent how weirdly intense Geno is as a Mario character even by today's standards, nevermind almost 24 years ago. For all intents and purposes, he's basically a human sized Gundam/Transformer. Geno practically has the bio of an Overwatch character.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Some things to consider about code names: "Brave" and "Master" are respectively translated from "Yuusha", which can also translate to Hero, and "Sensei", which also translate to profesor. I also believe that "Jack" can be translated from Japanese to Joker. This means that the Japanese names can be used for code names, but "Dolly" (Terry Bogard = Telly Bogardo = Bogardo Telly = Dolly (that's how Japanese kinda works)) means that an abreviation of their name can be used, and then for Banjo, it's unrelated to his name, at least as far as I know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, I have plenty of interests outside of Smash speculation but February is just... Slow. I garden but can't start anything until March and the professional Halloween season doesn't begin until mid March too. Winter is basically when I catch up on my back catalog because community events are so far and few between from November to March.
Professional... Halloween season...

Is this televised?

Beam, if I had to guess.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Imagine that codename being leaked early.... having a **** ton of people to think that it is Master Chief... Thank the lord that it never happened... It would have made the revealreactions even worse
tbh If Terry's "dolly" name had leaked early, a lot of people here (including myself) would've thought it was Geno.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
May I suggest you all just forget about a direct rn and go do something else to keep yourselves occupied?
I'm playing through the Resident Evil series for the first time and plan to play Doom and R3make when they come out. Nintendo directs aren't the only thing I have in my life but it's ridiculous how long we've been waiting (since early September- 5 months ago). I get that they have their reasons, which is fair, but that doesn't stop it from being a major pain in our collective asses.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If it's any consolation, I had a dream the other night where I was watching Geno's reveal trailer. It took place in some sorta sports stadium and I remember Mario and Mallow being there too. Wasn't fun to wake up from that one.
Yep, sounds like my dream lol except my dream was right before a smash reveal trailer on the same day so it hit super hard

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Light blue character color, has a star symbol, codename 'Dolly.' I mean, come ON. That's just the universe being spiteful.

Imagine that codename being leaked early.... having a **** ton of people to think that it is Master Chief... Thank the lord that it never happened... It would have made the revealreactions even worse
...........holy crap. That, that would have been a disaster of unbelievable proportions. Coupled with the Doom talk would make people think there were wires crossed with Intel and Master Chief and Doom Guy were mixed up. Add with Banjo in and Nintendo and Microsoft getting on good terms. It would have been a perfect storm of speculation.

So going into that showcase, one so top secret with the bulk of Nintendo didn't know, thinking it was Master Chief. The character originally going to end Ultimate (before fighter pass 2 was confirmed). The one insiders couldn't pin down. A character that many thought was a pipe dream. Various signs pointing to Master Chief. And then......not.

The backlash.....holy HELL.

Firox

Smash Master

"Woody"..........there's a snake in my boot.

"BAMF" in all caps.
If this was the case, then people would start thinking that Overwatch's Mcree was in the game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Spam/off-topic
Professional... Halloween season...

Is this televised?
Technically?

https://www.haashow.com/

The professional Halloween season kicks off each year in St. Louis, MO every mid March. Basically the biggest names in the industry get together, sell stuff, hold workshops, network, etc. It's basically the biggest professional Halloween trade show in the world. From there, there's the Midwest Haunter's Convention in June but this one is actually open to the public:

https://www.midwesthauntersconvention.com/

After this, there's a bunch of smaller shows throughout the United States until about mid August typically.

For professional "haunters", the year typically goes like this:

March - June: Planning and Convention Season. Networking, buying stuff for the haunt, going to conventions, drawing up employee protocol, negotiating insurance and lease rates if the haunter doesn't own their haunt property, etc.

June- mid August: Construction and Updates, getting marketing and promotional materials ready

mid August - late September: hiring, marketing campaigns, touch ups on haunts

late September - early November: "Halloween Season"

Mid November - March: "Off season", bigger haunts do Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc events but most can't afford it because off season insurance rates are hilariously high. Full review what what "worked" and what didn't. Planning begins for next season if the haunt was successful enough.

I'm not a "haunter" myself but I work very closely with them and a good number of Halloween oriented businesses including Spirit Halloween. Contrary to popular belief, it is very serious and not just for "funsies." There's people that do this sort of thing full time and earn a living doing it. Halloween is currently about a 9 billion dollar industry and these numbers are estimated to keep climbing for years to come. The American Halloween industry also has close to half the country participating with the typical "Halloweener" spending an average of about $90 throughout the season. All this said, yes, the professional Halloween industry is definitely a thing.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

Geno, codename "IAmWood"

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Either Toy (he's a star inside a toy), Messenger (he comes to inform about repairing the star world), Space or Galaxy (he's a star, so he comes from outer space)

T2by4

Smash Lord

"Not Geno"

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
"Groovy"? I'm sorry, but I think you mean
View attachment 262191
But seriously, it's great to hear that yet another person with inside sources has heard Geno. Don't know why he'd be so late, anyhow.

View attachment 262192

Was it the sound effect that plays when Mario grabs the key from Bowser in the Fire Sea? Because I had already noticed that. It sounded like it was from SMRPG but I'm not entirely sure.
I'll give one more hint, it's something visual. I don't really count the sound effects, but I guess they technically are too ;)

TerminalMontage TerminalMontage sorry if I sound rude, but where do you really live? Fatman wanted to know because he had the idea of us sending you and PapaGenos to E3.
That's really cool, I'm not a big fan of going to cons though.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I'll give one more hint, it's something visual. I don't really count the sound effects, but I guess they technically are too ;)

That's really cool, I'm not a big fan of going to cons though.
Hey There Jeremy. Its been a long time since we saw you here. Why don't you like cons that much? Crowds or somethin?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
TerminalMontage's inevitable video of 'Something About Geno in Smash' when Geno is playable will be a quiet calm video full of classical music, British accents and polite soft dialogue a la Bob Ross. Everyone will be happy that Geno is fully playable in Smash.

Then the Earth will explode due to TerminalMontage's feelings excitement and happiness going into overdrive, too much for the planet to bear.

And now you imagine Geno in an afro making a painting of Forest Maze and adding more happy trees to it, then washing his brush by beating the Smithy out of it. You cannot unsee it.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Minor Geno confession. You know the old Mario RPG render of Geno? The 3D one at a pseudo bird's eye view? Well, the way the shadow hits his nose, I thought his nose was his lip and he just had a constant pout on his face when I was a kid.

I know. It' pretty obvious in hindsight, but I also thought Porky's mouth was a giant eye so maybe I'm just not that bright.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
I feel like y’all are missing the obvious ♡♪!? Will be his code name ... May even make it hard for dataminers to find cuz it’s not actually a word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Minor Geno confession. You know the old Mario RPG render of Geno? The 3D one at a pseudo bird's eye view? Well, the way the shadow hits his nose, I thought his nose was his lip and he just had a constant pout on his face when I was a kid.

I know. It' pretty obvious in hindsight, but I also thought Porky's mouth was a giant eye so maybe I'm just not that bright.
I also thought that too not gonna lie. Then, I realized that he did have a mouth and I was so confused.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact that Terry's codename was Dolly of all things gives me the impression that Geno's codename would be a bit more obscure or outside the box than what we're thinking of right now

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

WoodMan

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Now you're making me want to see Hulk Hogan in this game. Of course that's what Miis are for. Probably never gonna get to it but it's an idea.
I recommend looking for a Hulk Hogan Mii on Shared Content if you're up to it. I'm sure there's several of him there lol. And it'd take a lot less effort than making one yourself.

I've seen that Geno render in a couple of the thumbnails for some of his other videos, yet I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Where did it come from exactly?
Surprisingly, if I'm not mistaken, it came from someone here, Atmoz Atmoz . I'm pretty sure he confirmed it in the Star Road Discord a while ago.

How is that potential solution to the problem?

Because geno needs the actual render since it’s the only offical render that exist not a character change roles from a smahb3rd party to a mii fihter
A render for Geno's Fighter Sprit would be a non-issue to be honest. They could go the Lucas and Ice Climbers route and use his sprite from the game, or the Robin and Cloud route and have nothing but his new Smash render.

... yeah, I'm hoping for the former.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fact that Terry's codename was Dolly of all things gives me the impression that Geno's codename would be a bit more obscure or outside the box than what we're thinking of right now
Codename: ThisisNotGenoWinkWink

Then it's just Geno standing there in a fake moustache, along with his associate Wollam.

Firox

Smash Master
That's why I suggested "Archer". It would be more of a reference to Bowyer rather than something obviously associated with a wooden doll, star warrior or a forest......plus it makes me think of Gilgamesh from Fate Stay Night. ;-P

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess the only upside of this heinously long wait for a Direct is that the wait for E3 will be easier than last year. Currently at 112 days but the next Direct probably won't be until March 5th at the earliest so we'll be at less than 100 days at that point.

T2by4

Smash Lord
But guys, Zippo couldn't possibly be wrong... 2 Directs this month, right?... ... Right? :c
Nintendo watching this thread and twitter from the shadows already knowing they're about to end this leakers whole career.

Dv9X0eOWwAEb3yA.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom